How important is customization in an RPG?

How important is customization in an RPG?

Attached: Untitled.png (548x271, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transvestic_fetishism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Somewhat important.
Players should be forced to play as their own sex (No trannies) and skin tone however.

not important, i use the default character model every time

Only choosing your class is important. Games are for playing. You play barbie if you want to play dress up.

this, unless hes black

The only thing that really improves my enjoyment of a game is when you can see the different armor pieces you equip.
Ill play whatever character they give me

Isn't.

It's only important if you self insert or make waifus

Close to zero. Or are you a girl that enjoys playing with dress-up dolls?

Skyrim's gameplay is absolute shit but the waifu simulator has kept it relevant for 7 years, 8 months and 3 days
So, extremely important.

Attached: 1535058770515.png (1006x1080, 756K)

based

Attached: 22330_20190601224037_1.png (1920x1080, 2.55M)

very

Attached: character creation 1.png (730x1080, 523K)

Attached: character creation 2.png (730x1080, 404K)

Attached: Capture.png (255x226, 122K)

Attached: character creation 3.png (730x1080, 475K)

For myself, character customisation is almost irrelevant beyond making a fit body. I always stick with the default because I have a huge fetish for bodysuits, masks, enclosed helmets etc. So in that case I'm more for huge choice in clothing and armors.

Attached: The Void Walker 01.jpg (677x1200, 94K)

holy shit

Attached: huehue bossu.jpg (316x310, 56K)

god i wish that were me

It depends on the type of game, personally. It rather, how the main character is portrayed. Ultimately it's not important but I think in a character role where they're more silent or have dialogue options that you choose, having to thr option to make a neat character that reflects how you want to play them adds a lot of flavor. Also being able to play a character you may enjoy the look of more opposed to the default is only a plus.

Cis men don't think about wanting to be girls, user...

God I wish that were me

ofcourse they do otherwise we wouldnt have imagination

dont care i just wanna get genderbent into an actual women then masturbate all day until i die

see a psychologist with experience in gender dysphoria

To what end?

Only if NPCs and the game take notice of your clothes, race, gender etc.

they do actually, mistaking this for a deeper issue kills people

Anyone who posts on Yea Forums should see a psychologist, retard

What the fuck is up with her body in the last panel christ

user's tired of being tricked into giving valuable items to men pretending to be cute latina girls.

Depends, if it's not a feature then it's ok, but if it is then they better go all out with options. I had gfs waste hours getting my avatars just fine to the point they liked it even if they knew the moment I got a helmet and armor nothing would be visible.

Gender dysphoria is thinking that you should have been the opposite sex since the beginning. Nothing wrong with thinking up a "what if" scenario of being a girl for a few days.

sure they do, it's called transvestic fetishism

Makes sense, cute Latina girls have that effect, still, that would mean no more playable alien races.

Fetishistic Transvestism* is separate from Gender Dypshoria, it is exclusively about having to wear clothes from the opposite gender

>only girls are allowed to play dress up with dolls

Kill yourself bigot

Excellent taste, friend. But there should still be a cute girl underneath for the rare times the helmet comes off.

underrated
someone post the page

You clearly need to do some more research. Do you even know how the DSM works?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transvestic_fetishism

I prefer there be none unless there is a beastrace

Which kind?
Physical, not very, however costumes/Armor/weapon swap when equipping new stuff is important.
Gameplay, very, if you can't min/max your party stats to your liking it gets real boring.

Players should be able to mess around with stats/skills, even if it can break the game.
FF7 Materia system and the Orb system from Legend of heroes is perfect for that.

Attached: e31b69034eaa49d345d67a9dbd2961ed.jpg (717x960, 444K)

Where’s the rest?

Stop showing your pits like that you slut

I like having as much customization as possible, beyond just character creation, even if I never use all of the options. I just like knowing that they're there if I ever decide to replay it.

Attached: 1ewcwz.jpg (900x900, 95K)

no
if you let players customize the stats and skills of characters then they will end up playing the game wrong and wont be able to fully enjoy the experience

Very
A ROLE playing game should let you customize your ROLE
JRPG fags can SUCK MY GAIJIN DICK

Is there a kind you tend to play, user?

I swear to god, they put extensive character customization into RPGs just to troll people.

You spend most of those games look at the back of the person from too far away too notice any details, and all the armor in the game is so flashy and full body that you never see your characters face to begin with.

If it's a game like fallout where every part of your characters stats and team and journey can be customized, then it's at least a good way to let the player know what kind of game they're in for, but for games like Dragon Quest 9, Monster hunter and bloodborne, it's not only pointless, but robs the game of having an iconic face for itself.

I fixed it. Now each body part is talking correctly.

Attached: fixed.png (704x260, 89K)

She Picked Gumby race

This thread makes me sad, why are people so lifeless?

>thin to fat slider
user you better fucking post the rest

helmet? comes off?

Not really critical but it's rarely a negative

about 0.

Not important at all for first person rpgs
Somewhat important for third person but still not really
Pretty important for mmos because how you look and differentiate yourself from others is a big aspect of the game. This is why classic wow is gonna suck.

Attached: 1562088124823.jpg (400x400, 58K)

Why even play an rpg if you can't be a fat ugly bastard or an old fart?

There’s a second part to this isn’t there. Post it

For how your character looks? Not important at all but not a bad thing to have

If I put on a different armor set or weapon it better display as such.

People like simply let AAA companies off the hook to pay modelers and texturers to do their job. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a WoWfag who is used to everyone being dressed up as the same exact shit.

back to your child grooming discord faggot

if im to role play let me make obese characters approaching middle age. make it immpossible to romance at a certain level, but let me make them i hate how i never get rejected in games. fuck my ego and fuck yours too. only thing that seems to matter to an npc is the gender. if you get that right youre in. let me go fat or go right back. as an added bonus ill also offend the senses of online weirdos that insist on making 10-10 avatars.

>spend 20 minutes making cool dude in Dark Souls
>looks like a blue goblin for 90% of the game anyways

>spend eternity trying to make cool dude in Oblivion
>still looks ugly as sin

Attached: tight-lipped glare.jpg (960x960, 175K)

This. I'm tired of making el goblinos and having every NPC treat me like a dashing prince on a white horse.
Only game that has NPCs treat you ugly is VtMB and that's only if you pick the de-facto ugly race. Give me the option to intimidate or gross people out just by looking in their general direction. I want NPC children to stop playing around and run away crying to their mommies when they see me approaching. I want guards to tense up and bitterly hold themselves from attacking just because their village has needs of my services, and I want the village elder to reluctantly reward me after completing the quest out of fear of what I'd do to his village if he didn't.

Ugly fat bastards rise up.

Attached: 1526680336007.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

>not popping humanity at every available opportunity
>not challenging backstabbing invaders by standing an a narrow hallway with a greatshield
>dying

Any game that forced the player to play as rugged white hair old man is an instant 0/10 to me.
I remember I made one game like that go bankrupt because I spammed 1 star review with different kind of style from different place in offline store and online review website, mobile, every place in any way that could give it 0 score.

Attached: Not this time fernando.jpg (264x191, 6K)

unironically based

Is that the guy from Portlandia?

Appearance wise, doesn't matter, and shouldn't matter.
I just go with whatever's canon and/or what promotional art is like.
I can't self insert.

Now gameplay wise I enjoy full customization to the point of breaking the game.

Attached: 1561952972435.jpg (604x639, 210K)

Most important thing to me. If I'm playing a party based RPG, I want to be able to customize both their entire appearance and their class/stats. I don't mind if it limits my character's role and interactions in the story, just give me freedom of choice

>her

>I can't self insert.
Character customization isn't about self-inserting. It's about creating a character you think looks nice and with whom you can more easily connect. The process of spending a few hours creating a unique-looking character to my personal tastes gets me a lot more invested in what happens to them story-wise. I don't make it look like me and I don't self-insert onto it, I just like having that connection to the character as something I personally made.

Attached: 66208246_10161906040015305_10745376814399488_n.png (882x960, 812K)

This. Couldn't have explained it better, user

not important at all t. wow player

you sound like a really chill and cool dude with a lot of people that appreciate his existence

This so much. I don't self insert but I would spend hours making waifus

I enjoy it and am always disappointed when a game doesn't have it
I like to make a character my own with a nice personal touch

WHERES THE REST AAAAA

I can understand that user.
But I'd rather have a story with characters with established characters personally.

W-who the fuck is that?

Attached: 1448841184543.png (356x256, 200K)

Captain Falcon you absolute trog retard.

Has he ever appeared in any media without his suit and helmet? how the fuck was I supposed to know?

>he didn't watch the obscure anime from 16 years ago
LOL

I don't understand how you can do this

In every game with good enough customization I try to make myself 1:1. Running around with a "default" face is the same as a knight going into battle with someone else's flag. Somewhere out there is a person who looks like your preset face character and you might as well let him fuck your girlfriend. No, I go into battle with my own face even if it's covered 95% of the game.

I thought it was Solid Snake...

Get it together, zoom.

fun fact: in korea you were legally bound by your social security number (which held your date of birth and gender) and many games locked you to only playing male/female based on your social security number.

Too bad they now use mypin/sms to verify so that's all gone.

depends of what kind of RPG game it is