Gravity Rush

Did anyone play this? Was it good?

Attached: __kitten_gravity_daze_drawn_by_swd3e2__6b89d9c6bc8899e72f875a5c09dc00a4.jpg (2976x1488, 2.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oWrKHWpLn0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It had a really really fucking cool gimmick but it got super old super fast. The only reason I even finished GR1 was because I just got a Vita and it was my only game. I bought GR2 on sale and dropped it after a few hours. Yawn.

What about the story and characters? Were they any good?

Enjoyable but ultimately an average game with a promising concept that was never fully realized in the sequel.

Attached: 61208615_p0.png (911x645, 727K)

No

Yes

The first one? Yeah, its good. Play it on Vita, its cheaper.
The second one? Ehhhhh... it's OK

Played it
Loved it

Hell yes
It’s a bjt jank and budget but it’s some of the most unfiltered pure fun I’ve had playing games in years. Absolutely adore it. Fantastic music, too.

No. Completely forgettable anime tropes. I literally couldn’t tell you a single plot element from either of the games.

>Story
Okay
>Characters
Fantastic

??? Second one is way better than the first, size if the map is well over double alone, combat’s better, music is the same + more

The music and artstyle were good, the gameplay was trash.

Gameplay’s literally the best part. Combat sucks but flying around is hella fun.

Maybe if it had a actual budget it could have been fun. 1 has terrible combat where you only kick stuff. Toyamas next game will probably be a Siren sequel. I wish he would try something else.

Less soul
In the first one, the more you upgraded Kat the more visual effects would appear in her gravity attacks. At the start a basic gravity kick would just be Kat flying through the air kicking, but fully upgraded there was this aura around it and it looked very powerful.
NOthing like that in Gravity Rush 2.

The first one is a must play. The sequel, not so much.

This.
This was the only game where I bothered doing all the time trials and actually had fun doing them all.

the only thing i'd say is bad about the game is the combat. Other then that the world, music and characters, especially the main character, really hold this game up. Flying around is really fun too.
youtube.com/watch?v=oWrKHWpLn0U

My complaints with 2 are as such:
- Unacceptable amount of stealth missions
- Sidequests dragged on way too long, way too many unnecessary multi-parters
- Jirga Para Lhao is very big, but they didn't actually do anything meaningful with its size. It's clear they intended to supplement it with the treasure hunts but now that those are gone it's pretty much just a big empty lot.
- Mining sucks, never bothered with it beyond what I had to
- Kat's personality seemed a little toned down, but I guess you could argue she just got friendlier between games
There's more that I disliked about 2 than I disliked about 1. I don't know if I'd call it better really, but I think its restraints actually worked a bit in its favor. Just an example, even though Hekseville is smaller, I prefer how it felt like connected city blocks as opposed to the big open multilevel islands of JPL. It's way more fun navigating in in GR2, even.
I enjoyed everything else though. It was really great to go from GR Remastered straight into 2, seeing how they took advantage of the hardware upgrade.

The "story" is Schizophrenic. It starts telling one story then drops it halfway to start a different one. Both games are like this, and in 1 alone you have
>Amnesiac wanderer trying to find her way to make a living
dropped after a few missions for
>Mysterious heists regarding the gems that keep the world aloft
dropped quickly for
>strange alternate planes of reality, maybe the world was created by a hobo?
dropped swiftly for
>maybe monsters have feelings? the story is now slice of life fantasy romance drama!
dropped after *two missions* to introduce a mysterious rival, which is shelved for
>Actually heistman is the bringer of chaos and death
which is promptly dealt with to switch to
>time-dilation neverland below the world
which interrupts itself halfway in for
>hey, maybe ancient civilizations?
just to go back to the surface for
>Ghibli inspired police state drama
which is swiftly dealt with and ends with yet ANOTHER new thread, the neverland children stuck in an unending dream.

This is to say nothing of other random bullshit, like heistman showing up in dreams mysteriously at tge end for no reason, or Dusty the Cat going AWOL, or the sudden revelation that the world is all a dream or maybe not. And none of this is given a satisfactoty conclusion in the sequel.

It's ADHD, the game.

kat cute

hi raven

Its called picaresque you mong.

Attached: 1561069764149.jpg (255x220, 7K)

OP is a neeeeewwww faaaaaaagg

Ape Escape crossover when?

>tfw Gravity Rush bros are slowly going to fall into the same place as Ape Escape bros and suffer until times end
Come here Apebro, I'll be right behind you

Attached: 1562517766830.gif (440x248, 907K)

huh

Attached: 1534012849388.jpg (1920x1080, 1.67M)

Picaresque stories are episodic, not garbled garbage. Gravity Rush never ends its plotlines, it forgets them halfway in.