Never seen a thread about this game. Why do people outright hate Wasteland 2?

Never seen a thread about this game. Why do people outright hate Wasteland 2?

Attached: 42777f45895033cea4a76d397ba469f1_original.jpg (699x473, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/christians hypocrites wives/
youtube.com/watch?v=3-0ZRHTJCE0
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I saw like a hundred threads about it, but they were all the same faggot crying that it was too mean on Christians.

to put it simply, the game is shit.
DC made it 20% less shit, but 80% remained shit.
its shit

That's the mentally ill autist that posts gay fish in Obsidian threads.

I tried to make a thread a little while ago and it got deleted :(

dull

How is it mean to Christians?

Yep. Also cries about The Witcher 3, Josh Sawyer not liking romances, among many others.

I thought it was nice for being full of freedom of choice. You could even attack the rangers at the beginning if you desired, although they would obviously whoop your ass. Mocking the retarded DLC market in the main menu. Chad developers. I just think the game maybe was lacking in enough content, it felt kinda short to me.

I dunno, combat was just kind of uninteresting

i'm playing it now and i'm enjoying it but it's really jarring how inconsistent everything is. like the first thing you see, the main menu, looks like a total placeholder

>made on garbage mobile engine
>very few instances where your character matters, companions can haul everything
>"non-linear" as in you have two hallways to choose from instead of just one, and they bisect into a single hallway later on
>slow obnoxious combat
>uninteresting boring dialogue
>90% of the locations are boring blown out shitholes full of boring shithole enemies
>hires shills to make only one pathetic thread on the reddit simulator board

Attached: 1560378114409.png (850x800, 175K)

How's Numenera now btw? Did they patch out most of the bugs etc?

I thoroughly enjoyed Wasteland 2 and I am waiting for Wasteland 3

the combat scenarios were boring as shit and every npc had so much shit to say, they felt like exposition dumps. I really tried to like this but I couldn't, extreme buyers remorse

they took bit too long to make a sequel so everyone gets confused when it references to wasteland1

It was the first game from the whole crpg revival kickstarter thing and it was incredibly mediocre. They should've spent more time on the combat. Even old fallouts had more depth in combat than Wasteland 2.

I liked it.

Attached: Wasteland 2.jpg (706x431, 55K)

>you choose an smg
>you choose a pistol
>you choose a shotgun
>you choose the heavy machine gun
>you choose bladed weapons
>you choose toasters
are you excited to be worthless midgame to late game?

>Redditland™ 2
No thanks, I'll pass.

>very few instances where your character matters, companions can haul everything

It's a party based game where you don't really have a main player character, how is this an issue?

I'm enjoying it. It will never be ((what can change the nature of a man)) tier but it's still quite nice and has an interesting new-weird setting

because every single companion is shit and the game is beyond fucking boring. The next game is likely only being made exclusively to embezzle money from the budget or fence it.

I bet you also think that The Witcher has shitty controls, bad combat mechanics, ugly hud and a generic story.

it did

>he thinks the witcher 1 didnt have shitty controls, bad combat mechanics, ugly hud, and generic story
lol

Yeah because it did. Dogshit fucking game with retarded bargain bin story.

Mean to Christians? Could I get a rundown?

How much did the DC fix? That's what I'm playing now and to me it seems everything people here are saying is completely awful is at least serviceable. Maybe I'm just a complete brainlet though

The Witcher 1 was pretty shit lol

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/christians hypocrites wives/

Bug fixes, better graphics because unity 5, new voice lines and some minor gameplay stuff. Solid stuff all around considering it was free for previous owners.

i wonder if the guy who makes all these bizarre RPG meltdown threads gets institutionalized regularly. he seems to disappear for a few months then come back in full force

I pirated it thinking it was going to be a classic Fallout knockoff where it's you against the world, but it's squad based and combat focused. Lost interest really quickly.

People here have never played DC and base their opinion on the game on the experience they had with the first release.

There's one autist who's been making threads about this game and other modern iso RPGs for literal years. He'll probably show up in this thread. He may have started many of the threads you saw.
Other than that, it's a pretty jank game. The Kickstarter promised a 90s-era experience and it delivered, including unbalanced chargen full of noob traps, surprise difficulty spikes, a somewhat unintuitive interface, and lots of easily missable content that you'd never even know was there. If you genuinely grew up playing games like that in the 90s, you'll know how to deal with games like that, but if you're a recent fan of the genre who's only ever played the *best* of the genre and is used to a more polished experience, I can see it being very hard to pick up. It's one of my favourite games despite the jank, but I don't blame anyone for not liking it.

Because its boring shit.

One of the late game evil factions is a sect of fanatical, murderous Christians. Investigating further, you find that:
1) Their bible is the "James King" version and their stated doctrine only sorta-kinda aligns with some of the Old Testament, when it's convenient,
2) They were founded by a hedonistic, wife-beating conman who doesn't give a shit about Christianity
3) Their initiation process involves a trial by fire that basically ensures only people skilled in violence can join
4) After joining, they're separated into soldiers and basically-slaves, with the implication that they're hand-picking only the nastiest ones for any position of power
5) One of your recruitable party members is an actual Christian priest who joined them, saw how they worked, and then quit to find someone that could destroy them. He's the most morally stringent recruit in the game.

What difficulty are you playing on? Most of the companions suck ass.

Attached: i lik shocklet.jpg (904x1000, 261K)

I didn't encounter any bugs in my playthrough that I can remember. It doesn't live up to the name, as says, but let's be honest, what can? The writing is still better than most. The real fun is in the small sidequests, by the way; the overarching plot and companions are a bit weak compared to all the other stuff you can do and discover.

Its at least better than the dullest RPG of all time. Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: 1536155212687.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

>Mocking the retarded DLC market
Hope they make of fun of retarded crowdfunding in the next game

based

It fixed a lot. Everything is a marked improvement over the base game. Perks add a lot more texture to your character, targeted shots add WAY more to combat than you'd think, and weapons are far more balanced than they were before (though still not even close to even). Vanilla WL2 also got really bullet-spongey in the late game, which really made things drag; DC upped the damage progression of all weapons to fix this, and let me tell, it really helps. If you haven't played the vanilla version, don't.

The game was overall average but they made the mistake of releasing it too soon. At day one there were major game breaking bugs and I had to wait like two months for them to fix a quest and continue playing. Also there were no perks in the initial release, many features were lacking and the graphic was very ugly (not that it got better over time anyway). Wasteland 3 looks like what Wasteland 2 should have been, I'll wait and see if it's worth my money. I mean in the end I'd rather play those buggy unity mess of a game that at least have some sort of soul, Fallout 4 doesn't have an inch of Wasteland anyway.

That's not bad. It portrays villains in a bad light using religion, and the actual good guy in there leaving.

This. I hate that in Wasteland 2 and Fallout 1&2 the only useful weapon types are Assault and Sniper Rifles

Attached: 1543580579942.png (497x482, 384K)

Modern Christians on Yea Forums are similar to sjw's in that they dont want to actually know or investigate if a character or story is insulting to their religion they just want it gone from their mind and existance entirely.
Like how in farcry 5 all of Yea Forums and /pol/ lost their shit about the rival cult of white men who are "christian" even though you work for the actual town church and the main villain is just some nutjob who went to church once

I actually though it to be pretty good, the most pointed issue is that late game certain builds are either useless or incredibly difficult to use, so you're forced to read up on strats earlier.

It's baffling that there are people who claim to be Christian on Yea Forums. If you're on Yea Forums you're not following the book.

nu-christians want to be a counter to radical muslims as like a rival force to fight them but they only want to do it on the internet which is odd

>There's a war between Christian's and Muslims on an outdated image board
The world sure is a crazy place user

Retard.

>mean to Christians

Sold. Christians and Christianity needs to be wiped from the earth.

>you're not following the book.
Have you read the bible? It's fucking impossible to actually follow the book for god's sake even having some mildew in the wrong portion of your home manages to tick the guy off. If you think about it the bible is one big guide on how to not trigger god's autism.

unity trash

youtube.com/watch?v=3-0ZRHTJCE0

Dilate.

It's best to think of all the stuff with God as a series of contracts that might not cover the same topic. The book of Leviticus stuff and keeping kosher etc. aren't "Do this and get into heaven", they're "do this and God owes you Israel."
Technically under Jewish doctrine anyone who follows the Ten Commandments and refrains from eating live animals gets into heaven, while under Christian doctrine anyone who does that plus follows the Golden Rule gets in.

I played it on the switch and hated it. Out of the gate you get a "save x or y and lose the other fag" mission type just when you're getting used to the game. Shots miss way more than xcom and you actually need to search for ammo as nothing refuel after battle. That earlier mission also has some harsh fail conditions that will push a noob to look at a guide. Oh and whomever you didn't help keeps calling you for help as if you still had time to save both, even if you left your current mission (you can't).

Lastly, the game was so badly programmed that it crashed so hard and deleted my data and messed up my SD card. Fuck this shit.

It's an ok game if you really like the original fallouts

Good Devs should stop thinking that if they release a piece of shit game and then patch it later all previous sins will be forgotten. Don't care what No Man's Sky, Antham, FFXIV or whatever else has come out that "fixed" previous mistakes.

There are too many games in this over saturated market for me to go back to see how a shit experience has grown into a mediocre one.

>I played it on the Switch and I hated it
>he actually fell for the Switch scam
>he bought a switch
also
>Lastly, the game was so badly programmed that it crashed so hard and deleted my data and messed up my SD card.
That's because it's a switch you fucking retard what did you expect
I sincerely hope this is bait otherwise you must be severely autistic to be over the age of 13 and own a switch

Like the switch is the reason it sucks, it still has all the flaws form being a shit game. Also, if any other indie dev can program for the shitch then it amazes me these clowns can't with their mobile tier crap fest of an engine. Glad I didn't pair for their shit as I pirated then promptly deleted their game.

>If you think about it the bible is one big guide on how to not trigger god's autism.
damn this is so true

>Why do people outright hate Wasteland 2?
Used kickstarter money from Numenera to finish that trash.
And then Numenera also ended up being trash.

Its boring and dull, litterally poor man fallout.

I prefer Underrail to it if that's any help.

I haven't played it but I'm sure it sucks in its own right aswell, just from looking at gameplay footage. But I felt the need to berate the guy irrelevant of the game

I started up the game and it was amongst the dullest first hours of any game I played so I stopped. It's not that it was outright bad but nothing seemed to appeal to me in any way even though I like RPGs and post-apoc settings

Religious people can't distinguish fact from fiction.