This has to be the most uncomfortable controller i have ever used

this has to be the most uncomfortable controller i have ever used.

Attached: hyperkin_m01628_wh_x91_retro_controller_for_1360592.jpg (1000x1000, 58K)

>buying third party controllers
>ever
The only 3rd party accessories you should buy is ultra specialized stuff like wheels or arcade sticks

i was gifted the megaman one and sadly the only controller that works fine and has no stick drift. but god damnit the ergonomics are so bad
>hook up switch pro
>right stick drifts making my friend pedro even more of a chore to play
>hook up ds4
>its old and some button inputs get pressed when i'm no where near them
>my 360 wired controller is just completely fuckin used up

i honestly thought id never get used to the dual shock 4 but after using this piece of shit id rather have that same stick position.
and my god the shoulder buttons are stiff as shit

The virgin white edition vs the chad megaman edition

Attached: RE2qy48.png (1748x1228, 1.39M)

>Poor man's Hori Mini
If you want a cheap portable controller that doesn't destroy your hands get one of those.

seriously, bought one because I thought it would be a cool controller like the snes controller, but it's fucking uncomfortable as hell.
never buy third party ever kids, stick to first party, they spend a lot on r&d for a reason when making their controllers.

yup extremely uncomfortable. its almost too small and could definitely used longer palm grips. the way the sticks are placed and those palm grips makes it just shit

Really? I've heard nothing but good things about this controller.
What about it makes it so uncomfortable?

what kind of moron looks at that and goes,
hmm, i should pay money for that

nigga just look at it

it doesn't really sit well in the hands if that makes sense. it is probably good for a toddler

not only thisbut also not sure if i haven't broke it in yet but the shoulder buttons are incredibly stiff so games with rapid shooting can feel handicapped using it.

Oh. It looked bigger in the videos I saw so figured it was a good size.

why are those considered bad if pic related is considered really good?

Attached: 615684-8bitdo-sn30-pro.jpg (810x400, 76K)

Nostalgia fags are retarded. Theres a reason a controller developed handles.
Snes controller was uncomfortable.

maybe preferences but just from that pic the stick placements are much better and the shoulder buttons look responsive. turbo function helps too.
motion controls if you're into that shit. maybe i'm looking at a different model. also they probably work with the switch too
the hyperkin placement feels off with how small it is.

Honestly one of my favorite controllers. Nostalgia does play a part, but I really never found it uncomfortable.

Nostalgiafags.

Nintendo controllers have always sucked, but to be fair their competition was worse until Sony and Microsoft came.

I never had an SNES but I like the 8bitdo one.

I still use the xbox 360 controller. Thinking about upgrading to the xbox one elite version. Is that controller any good?

the reason the snes controller worked without grips is because it was thin, that same holding angle doesn't work when trying to add shitty ergonomic grips like the hyperkin has.

i dont even like fighting games anymore

Attached: 61la0ezdRBL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 27K)

shit stick coming through

Attached: fightstick_03-625x352.jpg (625x352, 37K)

i own all of these and now they just collect dust

Attached: fightsick360.jpg (1500x922, 97K)

this is the ugliest stick i've ever seen

Attached: fightstickmk.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

my perfect controller would be sega saturn controller's dpad with its face buttons but rotated more ergonomically (counterclockwise some degrees) and snes style shoulder buttons, none of that trigger shit

does switch pro still drift after calibration? mine had some left stick drift, enough to make mario walk in sm, but fixed after calibration

It's not supposed to be here for you it's supposed to be Geoffrey

yeah my right stick was drifting a lot on pc even after calibration. which was sad because its a bit comfortable it made my friend pedro just really uncomfortable since you use that stick to aim.

i am about to test it on my switch to see if it drifts there.

has anyone experience with pic related?
I don't want to shell out 60-70€ for an original cheap feeling ds4.
I'd use it as 2nd controller in case I have someone over to play co-op games with.

Attached: 81atpeGfILL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x814, 81K)

looks comfy

Yesterday I just bought a third party controller for the first time in a decade. Hope it’s okay.

Attached: 683B56F1-218A-46A2-96A1-1A633D2369B9.jpg (466x466, 13K)

>Snes controller was uncomfortable
Literally never said by anyone with at least half a brain. Fuck I can't wait for you worthless zoomers to fuck off back to school and off your mommies wifi.

That controller has issues with the right stick and dpad sometimes though. The big MM2 players keep shitting on it.

>The big MM2 players keep shitting on it.
Really? I just bought one because a couple of them said it’s good.

i own a legit snes controller with a pc adapter and after playing any game over an hour my hands feel super uncomfortable and just went back to using a ps4 controller. I do love the dpad but thats about it. I do especially hate how you have to press the outside of L\R

i use this for my raspberry pi
though i lost the power cable during a move, so dont really use it much.

you fucked up. should've bought this version

Attached: 71vsobkUQbL._AC_[1].jpg (1842x1070, 153K)

forgot pic. very light but cheap feeling of course
i love that texture on sticks

Attached: 61O8NZuAdsL._SL1001_.jpg (1001x1001, 52K)

8bitdo controllers universally have a dpad issue where LR inputs may also trigger diagonals. You can fix this with a tape mod but its almost mandatory if you are doing anything precise with the dpad and you want to be consistent

sounds like an issue for literally every modern dpad because they're all one piece and sit on a pivot.

Oh yeah, I did hear about that. Fingers crossed that it isn’t too terrible but if it is it shouldn’t be too big of a deal, I didn’t pay a ton for it.
What’s the difference?

>years later
was it really that bulky or were our tiny applehead hands just not developed?

Attached: 300px-Xbox-Duke-Controller.jpg (300x254, 14K)

better dpad, also the grey and purple design is the same one for the first batch of controllers which had latency issues and other stuff. you risk less by buying the new design because they're definitely equipped with better firmware

Looked comfy but literally every product review I saw of it said the triggers shit themselves after like a week.

DualShock 4 doesn’t do that.

the shoulder bumpers aren't terrible but yeah the triggers are stiff as fuck and need a full button press down on them to be responsive

I ordered pic related to play 2d games on pc, anyone got opinions on it. It seems so unpopular but looks comfy and the two extra buttons help it be more compatible with games expecting r1 and r2. I do have a snes controller but not enough button for small things like map in hollow knight

Attached: tekken.jpg (190x190, 4K)

The start/select buttons are in nearly unusable positions but it's actually a pretty comfortable controller.

I could palm a basketball at 14 so I was fine with it

Do these have clickable analog sticks?

It's okay. I have a bunch of nitpicks but it's decent enough. They couldn't 100% replicate the texture/resilience of the original so the buttons and D-pad feel off. The thumbsticks make it awkward to hold and.the shoulder buttons are so close together you'll constantly be.pressing L2/R2 instead of or in addition to L1/R1. I'd still recommend it over just about anything else though.

yeah honestly i liked it more than the other one. something about these blocky controller shells just piss me off

Attached: 41ZMHHMSJAL._SX342_.jpg (342x342, 14K)

What do y'all use these pseudo retro controllers for anyway? Actual old games or do you use them for modern pixelshit? I use my 360 controller but people tell me the D-pad is shit and since I don't have any controllers to compare with maybe they're right for all I know.

Attached: 1536616825385.png (185x182, 48K)

yep. they're standard layout, L/R 1-3, dpad, two analogs, four face buttons, start, select. and they have some more buttons for other stuff.
no touch pad though

Literally never had this problem but I don't have women hands either.

do you even use your dpad while you play? do you play fightans?

My hands are massive but the Duke was just a weird piece of shit. The S was 100 times better.

I use it in 2D games like Dead Cells and Bloodstained. Also for emulators but I don't really do that very often.

they are nice for indie games. and some for fightan games

Attached: myfriendpedro.jpg (639x361, 43K)

I’m planning to use it on both emulated classic games and new 2D games. Probably some 3D games on Switch as well since I don’t have a regular pro controller and I’ll take just about anything over the Joycons.

The duke was amazing. Only reason I switched to S was the placement of the white (or was it black) button that was push-to-talk in Halo 2.

you'd understand if you ever had to consistently pull a shoryuken in a fight

joycons feel terrible as fuck. docked and on the shit plastic controller it comes with. i never get to play shit undocked with a pro controller because of that shit flimsy stand and weird power outlet position

Maybe I do actually. I've been tormented trying to consistently pull off the special moves in Bloodstained lately. It probably doesn't help that I have little experience with fighting games but if the 360 is bad for that stuff I guess we can share the blame.

>better dpad
I have the all blue version which is in the same product line and the dpad is quite awful. had to use the file tab fix and it still registers false diagonals all the time.

I think it was clear? Either way that joystick that was convex was way too weird. After the S came out I don't know anyone who ever used a Duke again, fuck I miss halo 2.

>snes controller
>uncomfortable

September is so far away...

Without handles/grips to rest in your palms, analog sticks are complete shit even if you have them at the top.

thats absolutely the issue i have with it besides the stiff fucking triggers. its about single joycon levels of uncomfortableness. i expect the triggers to shit themselves instead of being broken in

>Until Sony and Microsoft came.

Oh fuck off zoom-zoom.

Sony made the SNES controller smaller and tacked handles to it, then stuck to that piece of shit for 3 gens before releasing an acceptable controller. Microsoft put buttons on a potato before they got their shit together.

me neither, my problem is that i have big hands. i have no problem using any other controller with handles

>the all blue version
you mean this thing?

Attached: 718vXxiu-2L._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x1500, 167K)

What's big? My hands are size 14 xxxl and I've never had these "problems" you're crying about. I seriously hope you're not using the tips of your fingers to press the buttons.... every good gamer knows you use the inside of your first thumb knuckles.