Why did Switch fail to gain substantial Jap 3rd party support?

Why did Switch fail to gain substantial Jap 3rd party support?

Attached: 2019.jpg (1072x1168, 378K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/742120
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because it can't run any of them, this happens every fucking gen.

But Yea Forums said Switch would get all the 3rd parties after selling most in Japan?

because it's a piece of shit mario machine

Because nintendo went for the "We don't need a competitive console" meme again.

of all the things that switch lacks it's the severe lack of ram that disallows most thirdparty stuff to run well.

I have no fucking clue how cd project red got witcher 3 running on switch, fucking slav magic

>mfw Sonyfags have no exclusives left so they pretend Switch owners only own a Switch.

Attached: 1487492916813.gif (360x414, 2M)

Neither of those games are good; they have high scores due to fanatical fanboys inflating them and critics being afraid of said fanboys.

Because third parties don't want to compete with Nintendo on their own hardware.

Most of the third parties already went mobile and never looked back.

3rd party devs have no idea what Switch owners want. They keep thinking graphics > gameplay/performance when it's the opposite that's been selling on the Switch. They keep porting trash, expecting it to sell well, and when it doesn't, they think it's because no one buys 3rd party games instead of their games being crap, and just stop making an effort.

>Kingdom hearts with an 89
I knew something about your picture was off. Why are you using an outdaded score?

Nintendo went mobile aswell or you forgot?

What Switch owners want is Nintendo-branded bing bing wahoo shit. That's it. There is no other secret but this. There are ton of excellent third-party games on Switch but the sales are shit because the Nintendo demographic buys exclusively Nintendo's shit.

>all the niche Jap games on the switch

I'm OK with the current state. Also who the fuck just owns a switch?

>Neither of those games are good
There are five games listed, third-worlder.

It's funny how Nintenfags are praising Switch for basically becoming Vita 2.0 but without a real d-pad.

This.
Switch+PC supreme masterrace

This is why:
(graphics + gameplay/performance) > gameplay

switch is a gimmick, i bet like 90% ppl dont even use handheld, shame because it had so much potiential to compete against other consoles

I'm not interested in any of the games you posted and I own a Switch and PS4 Pro so it doesn't really bother me that the Switch doesn't get any AAA titles.

Because Japanese companies hate having to compete with Nintendo quality.

>not interested in atleast Ace7
Do you even like video games?

To be fair, the switch is a lot better than the vita library-wise. But fuck, the vita d-pad is probably the greatest d-pad ever made.

Nintendo is always a generation behind.
Best the Switch can do right now is PS3/360 games like Dark Souls, so that's what it's getting.
No dev is gonna butcher their own games enough to make them playable on Switch.

Nintendo released jack shit during Q1 2019. Those games would have had open season on Switch.

>becoming Vita 2.0

That is literally all I wanted so not so much Nintendofags in general as it is just me. And like I said, its not the only system I own which is the case for mos people.

almost every game on that list(except KH lol) is fantastic, ace combat 7 in particular is the most fun I've had with a game in years.

they have the most exclusives you idiot.

""combat flight action game""" just doesn't sound appealing to me. Sorry.
Glad you're having fun. The only game I tried on that list was Sekiro on PC and I didn't like it that much.

Doesn't mean shit.

All these companies wanna do is make multiplat sequels with literally zero innovation to make money.

i didnt buy a switch to play pleb shit which is why it always tickles me when someone acts like i want to buy their crappy lowest common denominator multiplats

Doom Eternal will be on Switch at launch.

This wasn't true until the Wii gen, when they sacrificed quality for gimmicks.

GC was also gimmicks, but small game discs and cube didn't impact quality. It did put them behind on the DVD train, which saved the PS2.

>nintendo quality
hahahahahahhah yeah sword and shield is really looking good!!!

>Jewtendo
>"innovation"

Attached: 1555642585031.jpg (2754x1278, 958K)

>it always tickles me when someone acts like i want to buy their crappy lowest common denominator multiplats

so basically you have no games?

>Say this while playing 20 Mario variants
ahahahahahaha

Because the Switch is underpowered and nobody wants to compete with Nintendo games.

>sequels with literally zero innovation to make money.
Reminds me of a certain company...

Attached: 1549257496072.jpg (1024x741, 151K)

Nice, same here. Really looking forward for omega labyrinth life, also all the vns localized are great

Attached: IMG_20190603_085419.jpg (1920x1080, 288K)

Yeah, but how long do you think it takes to make a game
We'll start seeing the third party games next year given that they only overtook the PS4 this year
I wager there will be more of them since the teams can be smaller to compensate for the lower production values

>zero innovation
kek, yeah all these ports really are pushing the boundaries!

>its another console bait thread
I hate reruns

retard

There's more innovation in a single nintendo exclusive than any other game.

Same here bro...

Attached: 11778938-2094607976619602.jpg (1284x1600, 184K)

i just wish nintendo would fucking separate their handheld from an actual console.

Handheld is more popular especially in Japan.
>pretending anyone thinks Mario U is must own just to fit it into your cherry picking shitpost
>pretending anyone owned a WiiU
>pretending the two people that owned WiiU didn't play the Switch version of Breath of the Wild anyways
>Pokemon
>Nintendo
I wish.

>[PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet (Koei Tecmo, 03/21/19) – 12,958 (New)
>[NSW] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet (Koei Tecmo, 03/21/19) – 7,075 (New)

>[PS4] Super Robot Wars T (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 03/21/19) – 88,093 (New)
>[NSW] Super Robot Wars T (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 03/21/19) – 44,051 (New)

>[PSV] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Falcom, 07/21/16) – 43,753 (New)
>[PS4] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Falcom, 05/25/17) – 27,741 (New)
>[NSW] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (NIS, 06/28/18) – 6,431 (New)

>[PS4] Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 02/22/18) – 46,411 (New)
>[NSW] Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match DX (Bandai Namco, 02/21/19) – 7,651 (New)

>[PS4] Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Limited Edition Included) (Sega, 03/21/18) – 62,921 (New)
>[NSW] Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Sega, 09/27/18) – 5,596 (New)

>[PS4] Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World (Limited Editions Included) (Koei Tecmo, 01/31/19) – 18,679 (New)
>[NSW] Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World (Koei Tecmo, 01/31/19) – 8,046 (New)

>[PS4] Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 01/11/19) – 41,510 (New)
>[NSW] Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 01/11/19) – 26,588 (New)

>[PS4] Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland (Limited Editions Included) (Koei Tecmo, 03/21/19) – 27,734 (New)
>[NSW] Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland (Limited Editions Included) (Koei Tecmo, 03/21/19) – 12,473 (New)

yeah removing 800 pokemon really is the definition of innovation

>n-next year is our year dudes
Nah next year is PS5 launch and it will just make third-party games even harder to port to Switch because Playstation is baseline for every gen.

It's funny how a PS4 in its sixth year is getting more consistent big releases than Switch in its prime.

Attached: 438600-AAF.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

>A billion rehashes
>Innovation

But that's Gamefreak not Nintendo

>Nth zelda/mario release
"innovation"

>still no examples to the contrary

Nintendo is the most innovative video game company in the industry and you can't prove me wrong.

>innovation

Attached: 1430125632429.jpg (329x281, 23K)

>the characters are the same therefore the gameplay is the same

big brainlet

RIght now we're in this really weird phase where people will bend over backwards to defend third party practices while shitting on Nintendo every given opportunity.

NSMB is a really good example of a series that is often criticized for no reason whatsoever. It's kind of incredible how different all of these games actually are. If anything there's a lot more variety between those games than something like, say, Uncharted.

>removing old shit to make way for new stuff
Yes that is part of innovation. Or, rather it would be if there was new stuff
You can keep your VN. Seiken Densetsu 3, the only worthwhile upcoming Square VN, is coming to Switch anyways

>too lazy to come up with new characters
>"superior innovation"

Attached: Arms.jpg (176x286, 23K)

Nintendo's hardware is always significantly less powerful than everything else in the same generation
devs don't want to specialize development if it takes that much effort, so they just choose not to have a switch release

Fucking sad state of affairs when both PS4 and Vita get more sales with their third party games versions on average.
Even now that they're the most open in terms of relationships with third party devs they still can't do a damn thing.

Shitch has been complete ass as a secondary platform and nothing outside of NMH2 and Bayo 3 are holding my interest. Dropping it after those two are out.

>story and characters
>more important than gameplay innovation

yeah

that's a sony fan alright

BASED

>fail/10
you sure got me

Attached: 1383921639191.jpg (409x393, 32K)

>DmC2
>Dark Souls 4
Who cares about those two games when Astral Chain is coming?

Attached: Astral_Chain.jpg (1600x855, 258K)

>just make third-party games even harder to port
Except I'm not talking about porting existing games but making exclusives, the same way the DS attracted exclusivitiy by popularity
>Playstation is baseline for every gen.
Except for the 360 era, you mean. Cause I'm assuming you're not seriously suggesting that the PS3 was the baseline for that generation when it was 4 gpus stitched together with duck tape and was a fucking nightmare to optimize for

>2 million sales for a brand new IP
>failure

>it's funny how games that started development prior to the switch release are coming out later
huh, go figure
>implying ARMS failed
sold 2 million copies, what are you on?

>implying "superior innovation" doesn't have both gameplay innovation and new story and characters
Could you be a bigger cuck?

Bullshit. MKII sold great on the Switch because they prioritize performance over graphics. Everyone made fun of how crusty the game looked but it still top the Switch sales chart everywhere. Diablo 3 sold great on the Switch, as well as Doom, and we haven't even gotten to indie games yet. So the idea that 3rd party doesn't sell is a lie.

>sales == quality
beyond brain dead

>gameplay innovation
>so "third person action adventure game" ny

DMC5 and Sekiro were alright.
I would have been happy with just a compilation of KH3 cutscenes instead of the game, given that's all its good for.
DXM and Astral Chain and Three Houses have me really fucking excited though. I poured 70 hours into Bayo 2 getting the Rodin fight, Platinum always knows how to give that sweet sweet post-game content.
DXM supposedly has a sizeable campaign and it looks like it's more action-y Armored Core.

>claim game was a failure
>proven wrong
>moves goalposts

Why do people keep calling 5 DmC2 if its basically DMC4.5?
Also fuck off, faggot. be happy action games are getting the limelight again. Any new game in the genre is good for all of us.

Attached: Dante the demon killer.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

>implying third person action adventure game
Quote exactly when I specified that and I'll give you a gold star

Not even just that, ps5 will use SSD/Zen2 CPU as a standard moving forward which will impact streaming assets significantly.

Could you imagine how much of a nightmare it would be for third party devs to slaughter their games to run on mobile Nintendo hardware?

>Except I'm not talking about porting existing games but making exclusives, the same way the DS attracted exclusivitiy by popularity
lmao no third-party is going to make exclusive Switch games unless paid big bucks by Nintendo. This is the era of multiplat games.

ARMS was always pretty fucking quality for a fighting game, given that it used new mechanics, had really great animations and played really smooth.
The only thing it lacked was a single player component that was meaty enough to introduce players to the world and mechanics. IT honestly could have a full proper action game attached to it where you walk around a city and shit.
Still, I got 60 hours out of it.

MK11 is a garbage fighting game. DBFZ is way better and that one flopped on Switch.

Feel free to give me some examples of these innovative games on non-Nintendo consoles man

i could use a good laugh

Attached: Laughing Squids.png (1296x1186, 771K)

Who cares about Astral Chain when it can be complete shovelware? Atleast the games in OP are out.

Yeah it's already a nightmare to port PS4/Xbone games to Switch. Imagine what happens when games are made from the ground up to run on SSD and highly capable modern CPUs. Then it's forever game over for Nintendo in terms of third-parties. The SSD is a controversial decision but it does deal the death blow towards Nintendo's third-party support.

>DBFZ is way better
Nigga, wut? The FGC as a whole had said the game is shallow and unbalanced as fuck, and the latest Evo numbers shows DBFZ is an absolute crappy fighting game.

>sales must equal quality
>I swear I'm not a cuck
No goalpost movement here shit tier logic is shit tier. Sale have nothing to do with innovation or quality and never have. aka This does not support the original "more innovation" claim

It's kind of interesting to see how desperately third parties are trying to avoid the Switch.

They've pledged more support for GOOGLE STADIA than they have the Switch despite the vast difference in success between them. Third parties need to prioritize Switch releases going forward.

I cannot stress this enough: STOP BUYING GAMES ON OTHER PLATFORMS.

>Why wasn't kingdom hearts, a game that started development years before the switch release and barely runs on Playstation 4, not available on switch.

It's a fucking mystery.

Or they can just hire competent companies that has a proven track record with porting games to the Switch like Panic Button to find a way.Seriously, no one is expecting great graphics on the Switch. Just suck it up and do whatever it takes to make the game run smoothly on it.

And NRS trash is always below that.

I'm not fucking buying a thing on google stadia if that's what you're trying to say. If I want great graphics I'll get it on xbox thank you very much

Sekiro was made after Switch was announced.

>DMC4.5
that isn't any better; Devil May Cry went to shit after Kamiya left after all. And Sekiro was pure garbage, a butchered Dark Souls game where you mash L1 instead of R1.
Why do you want action games to be defined by mediocrity?

The reaction from the people that beta tested it has been overwhelmingly positive, and the released gameplay videos clearly show a fantastic, actually innovative game.
You can't see it because your eyes are blinded by Capcom and FromSoft's semen.

You say that, but there were plenty of soft exclusives on playstation due to it being the biggest game in town in Japan.
Consider the following: the PS3 and Wii U and 360 use similar enough architecture that porting P5 to the Wii U or 360 wouldn't be a herculean effort.
Yet we saw very few ports from the PS to similar consoles for many JApanese games. Why? Because they prioritized it above systems they didnt see a point to making games for in that region
Similarly with the Switch at the moment, I suspect many devs will start to learn how to make games for its architecture simply because it will cover a large portion of the demographics they want to sell to (JApanese people, that is) and will end up making it informally exclusive (lest there is strong desire to port it to PC or PS4).

Because they can just effortlessly port their low brow multiplats to Stadia.

These companies dont want to make video games, they just want to make money.

no one said they did, but ARMS isn't really a failure of quality either.
its mechanics are extremely competent and it brings genuinely new ideas to the genre.

>Feel free to give me some examples of these innovative games on non-Nintendo consoles man
I could literally post something great but because it doesn't fit the nintendo cuckboi agenda you just reply it's crap. So doing that would be stupid.
>inb4 so nothing then
simply not worth it to post because it changes nothing. The goalpost was "more innovation" yet to seen any example of this

If devs start to code their games around SSD and modern CPUs, no port studio can bypass that. That will tie directly into key gameplay features. It's not just loadings. It's about physics, draw distances and even the speed of character movement.

>sucking the dick of an unreleased game this hard
The taint of the nincel

>i can prove you wrong i just dont want to

sure kid

This picture had a lot more weight to it 7 fucking years ago when the last game was released.

t.Haven't played Sekiro
I love DMC1 but saying 3,4, and 5 aren't quality games is fucking stupid.

Google has big money. Also, the majority of devs who have attached to Stadia are from major publishers who have no idea why anything is popular in games
Because it's from a company that has had a solid track record, and the previews of the game have been encouraging and it's not like Platinum is known to straight up lie about the content of their games

>squids 2 return of the squids.png

The only two good Platinum games are Nier Automata and MG Revengeance. And none of them were made with Nintendo's involvement.

Kamiya is a hack and DMC1 combat aged horribly

CPUs I get but you don't really code your game around SSD (unless you mean using it for RAM) since it's just an alternative method of storing game data.
IF you mean shit like not having loading screens, tons of games have already managed to work around HDD storage to have no obvious loading screens in their games

>getting excited for actually original innovative games
>a bad thing

this is your brain from a diet of shitty multiplat video games

Oh right. I hadn't thought of that.
I guess that means Kingdom Hearts III could be easily ported to the switch after all.
How silly of me.

I won't argue the balance of the game, but the tourney turnout being low is directly because Toei had been actively trying to kill tournaments of that game.

Seething.

>Nier
>good
Nier is one of the most flawed Platinum games from a mechanical perspective, are you high?
Also, you don't even fucking include W101 or Bayonetta 1 or Infinite Space?

>STOP BUYING GAMES ON OTHER PLATFORMS
Make me, stupid faggot

Attached: Capture.jpg (154x74, 2K)

and games like mordhau, octopath traveler some how are less innovative

Your brain is tainted by Nintendo's cock, nincel.

Says the guy who lets nintendo live in his head rent free.

Never understood the Nintendo + PC meme. Nintendo machines are always the first to be emulated due to their shit tier firmware. And the only worthwhile Switch game out right now is emulated on PC (BoTW) because it's a Wii U port like most Switch exclusives.

PC + Sony is always the best combination, unless you're a contrarian retard who enjoys missing out on every major release.

>Own PC/PS4
>got to play Bloodborne, Spdierman, RDR2, Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Yakuza, Last Guardian, God of War etc etc

Now if you own a Switch and PC
>got to play Mario Odyssey (emulated on PC)
>got to play BoTW (emulated on PC)
>got to play uhhh.. That "totally not a Smash port!" Smash port

Attached: COAAAHR.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

Not sure if you're being sarcastic.
I haven't played Mordhau and Octopath Traveler is a press-turn RPG with some overworld problem solving elements

inb4 some more bullshit
Rocket league, path of exile, slime rancher, stardew valley

the list goes on. Nothing nintendo does is more innovative then stuff on any other platform

I love mordhau but it's basically a Chivalry clone

Are DMC1fags the new melee fags?

Yea, too bad the gameplay is the same though

You can like Astral Chain all you want. Fuck I want the game. But suggesting It will shit all over Sekiro and DMC5 even though its not out yet makes you look like a total fag. Wait till the game comes out then you can start shitposting, retard.

Because Switch has no games and Nintenfags need to hide behind the PC platform to justify their no games tablet.

In truth, they hate PC because PC players can emulate BoTW for free at 60 fps without buying an overpriced tablet. They're still furious about that one.

Attached: 1522765010921.png (670x869, 22K)

Why would I emulate BotW? I've always been PC/Nintendo and original hardware will always be creators intent.

It started during the WiiU era. Because no sane people can survive with a diet of just Mario, Zelda and Smash and the WiiU was a a piece of shit with games, they were forced to get into PC gaming.
Around that time we also got the "multiplats aren't real games" meme, created by the Nintendo fanbase too.

except the 3ds happened and had pretty good third party support despite being at least 4 years out of date

It won't since is can't run them and 3rd parties tend to sell like shit on Nintendo console most of the time.

das rite, 20 fps is creator's intent!

Because Switch is a competent portable system whereas the PC covers most of the stationary game needs.
>Bloodborne
I already played Dark Souls
>Spiderman
It was shit, why are you bringing it up as a pro? The only good thing in it, the traversal, already existed on the fucking movie-tie in games.
>P5
lol
>Yakuza
You can play those on PC tho
>Last Guardian
was alright, I'll give you that
>God of War
In a world where better and more action games are being ported to PC, why would I bother?

>platimeme

It's actually hilarious

>Sony vs Nintendo thread
>PC + NINTENDO MASTERRACE, r-r-right PCbros?

BoTW emulation thread
>DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT
>BUGGY MESS THAT'S UNPLAYABLE (not true)
>MODS REMOVE THE SOUL
>YOU NEED A $4000 PC TO PLAY IT(not true), MY PC IS BAD SO IT DOESN'T COUNT

Pretty funny watching it unfold. Nintendofriends know that they can't argue Nitnendo consoles on their own merits because they're always at best, a supplement.

You forgot Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Warframe

>people still hate platinum because of bayonetta 2

that salt mine runs deep

>creators intent.
HAHAHAHAHA. It was their intent to have the game looked washed out and run at 30fps?

Why do you even bother replying to him? Obviously he's just a "if it's not on switch it's bad" poster.

They're already doing this ITT aswell. They went from being top PC lads to

I don't know if anyone said ARMS was more innovative than other games, just that it was of high quality AND it sold solidly, so it can't really be considered a failure unless you compare it to Splatoon or something like that

>I already played Dark Souls
You can literally use this argument for every single Nitnendo game
>Splatoon 2
Already played Splatoon 1
>BoTW
Already played it on the Wii U
>Mario Odyssey
Already played Mario64
>Smash Ultimate
Already played Smash Brawl

You faggots literally have the worst arguments, it's honestly impressive

>muh switch emulation
>still just playing botw

how many years after bayonettas 2 release date did it become playable again?

over five years?

NOOO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SPIN MY OWN RETARDED ASS ARGUMENTS AGAINST ME ASSHOLE

Attached: 1560077591873.png (231x218, 9K)

I know you can use it for every single Nintendo game
I learned it from people like you

It's so bad that when a game comes to PC, Nintenfags claim it to be a victory and call the game an indirect Nintendo port.

Most modern loading screens are simply hidden behind mandatory slow walking/talking sequences. It's there but just hidden in plain sight.

read here:
>There's more innovation in a single nintendo exclusive than any other game
yeah no

Who cares, it became playable within the Wii Us lifespan, that's the point.

And? There has been no official support for Melee since forever but the fan community kept it alive for so long. If the fans had thought highly of DBFZ, they would have continued to support it despite Toei's meddling.

Bayo 2 is Platinums only other good game tho

>who cares if i have to wait literally YEARS to play your games

the power of the "masterrace"

Okay? I didn't post that though, the original claim was that ARMS was a failure, and people just pointed out that ARMS was neither a commercial nor quality failure.
If some asshole is claiming that Nintendo is the wellspring of all games innovation, then that's his problem but there's more than one argument threads going on here

This is funny when Nintenfags also claim DQXI is best played on Switch when it's not even out on Switch yet.

I agree
All I'm saying is SSDs doesnt really change how games are developed that much.

It's kind of amazing how deep the Nintendo hate goes.

The gaming media has their audience well trained.

>who cares if i have to wait literally YEARS to play your games
Because waiting years to play a 6/10 game for free, is better than buying a dead console for $400 and letting it catch dust between every new release.

It's different waiting for literal decades for the PS3 or PS4 to be emulated, which is why it's always worth buying Sony machines. They take way to long to be emulated. Nintendo machines in contrast get emulated in 2~ years max.

And anyway, not even Nintendofags cared about Bayonetta 2, the game sold like shit. So stop meme'ing, the only game on Wii U that people gave a fuck about is ironically the only game on the Switch that people give a fuck about.

BoTW, and it was playable on Cemu within 6 months of release, for free

Ironic that you bring up PC when it's currently capable of emulating the best games on the switch with better performance to boot, rendering that combination entirely pointless.

But sure, keep shilling your overpriced leapfrog tablet if it helps keeping your autism on check.

You really should remove KH3 if you want this picture to have more impact

>retards cry because the beep boops of chiptune music hurt their little zoomer ears
>DQIXS gets the full orchestral soundtrack and the chiptune soundtrack

That alone makes it better baby.

Nobody gave a flying fuck about arms id say it was a quality failure.

it failed to make the point I was making which was that nintendo does not produce more innovative games then other platforms

that was the implied fail/10

>i played it for free

you had to wait five years to play it for for free

its like bragging about how you steal old movies out of the bargain bins at walmart

You can already mod it on PC you tard.

What did switch not fail?

The competitive scene was already showing cracks well before that, Toei just sped up the process which ironically did us a favor in the long run. Game is stale as fuck even compared to UmvC3 even with patches.

>english is hard
it failed to make the point that nintendo makes more innovative games

that is why fail/10

bedtime for me I guess

>increased resolution
>increased framerate
>easily play games for free
>HDR
>Increased viewrange
>hahaha they had to wait years to play a better version for free

Attached: nintenfags.jpg (601x508, 31K)

steamcharts.com/app/742120

so this is the power of the master race

i wonder why no one wants to make exclusives for your platform

Actually all of these games are pretty lackluster. The issue with KH is that people actually played the games and are aware of how much worse things have gotten over the years.

I find it amusing how people are still desperately trying to push the Switch has no games meme when we have several major titles releasing this year. What is PS4 OR PC getting?

Attached: Minmin eating Ramen.jpg (1920x1080, 154K)

Melee is actually a god tier game so no.

How does ARMS fail in that regard though?
It is genuinely innovative. I don't know if it means all of Nintendo is consistently that innovative, but as its own game it is more innovative than most other games for their respective genres. Not all, but most I'd say.
IT had a pretty small but dedicated playerbase, like most fighting games.
Also, now you're implying popularity correlates to quality

How does that change the fact that the best version is already on PC?

>18 new switch types likely by the end of "switch era"
>complaining about waiting
u wot m8?

Sekiro and Ace7 are lackluster but Mario Tile Editor 2 is plenty good right?

?

Remember when Nincels were banking on the usual Nintendo flagship IP releases to save the Wii U from tanking?

A fighting game with a small skill floor/ceiling is not a good thing. Thats what I mean by quality failure. If it didnt have nintendos logo slapped on it it wouldve flopped.

Sure, but I can see the value of RE2make or DMCV (I thought it was fun) or AC7 (I thought it was REALLY fun) or Sekiro (good for a first playthrough, better than the first playthrough of other Souls games).
But KH3 is just fucking lackluster in nearly every regard beyond the spectacle and aesthetic.
>PS4
Death Stranding comes out this year, doesn't it? I'm actually sort of grateful since it comes out about when the Switch games I care about finish coming out, so it'll fill the November spot.
I don't know if PC has any major exclusive or "best on" releases out this year though? Vampire and 2077 come out early next year

BASED

Because Western developers can program while nips cannot.

>you had to wait five years to play it for for free

I actually never played Bayonetta 2 at all because I never gave a fuck about the series in general. But the point is, I could have if I wanted to. Only Wii U game I played, was BoTW, because it's the only game on that system I gave a fuck about it.

Whereas games on the PS4 for example if I wanted to play Bloodborne or even RDR2, I had no choice but to buy that console. Because there isn't even a PS4 emulated in sight.

That's the difference. PC + Nitnendo will always be objectively speaking, the least cost effective choice

There's jack fucking shit for the PS4 after Sekiro launched.

Who the fuck doesn’t have a PS4 + Switch + PC combo? You can play literally every game the day it comes out, why would you have anything else?

But the skill ceiling is pretty high though
Now you're making a new assertion, that the game had a low skill ceiling.
>If it didnt have nintendos logo slapped on it it wouldve flopped.
I mean, a lot of good games fail and do commercially badly. Now YOU are asserting that commercial success correlates to quality, the thing that was specifically ridiculed here Also, games with low skill floors are fine so long as the skill ceiling is high, which I would say ARMS has

>Switch has no games meme when we have several major titles releasing this year. What is PS4 OR PC getting?

Like?

PS4 last year had God of War, Spiderman and RDR2. Switch only had Smash Ultimate.

>inb4, "it's better than all of those games"

Not an argument, it's not to me and the majority of people because RDR2 alone, shat on it in sales and metacritic objectively speaking.

Waiter! This consolewar thread is stale!

>i didnt play that game i said i played
>im not a poorfag loser trying to act all high and mighty

all "master racers" are the same

MK11 launched alongside the other versions, DBFZ didn't.

Because the only game worth playing on the Switch is playable on PC

>It is genuinely innovative.
Yeah but is it more innovative then everything on all the other platforms. My problem with this was the nintendo fanboi "more innovation" then everything comment. I certainly think it's innovative but then again games like beat saber exist which are also innovative

>third game is a multiplat

06./00. [PS4] Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Syukufuku wo! Kibou no Meikyuu to Tsudoishi Boukenshatachi # (Entergram) {2019.06.27} (¥7.980) - 8.856 / NEW
15./00. [PS4] Jinrui no Minasama he (Nippon Ichi Software) {2019.06.27} (¥6.980) - 4.401 / NEW
18./00. [PSV] Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Syukufuku wo! Kibou no Meikyuu to Tsudoishi Boukenshatachi # (Entergram) {2019.06.27} (¥7.980) - 3.371 / NEW
19./00. [NSW] Jinrui no Minasama he (Nippon Ichi Software) {2019.06.27} (¥6.980) - 3.316 / NEW

>Sales and metacritic matter

RDR2 has very likely killed the Rockstar formula going forward. People are becoming increasingly aware that those games aren't fun.

>all "master racers" are the same
huge backlogs and no need to buy a nintendon't machine every 2 years?

Okay?
And this year they have one game and the Switch is getting 4-5 sizeable exclusives
It's almost as if game platform holders try to align their game releases in a staggered way such that they don't end up cannibalizing each other's sales and both do worse.
Just like PS4 is holding off most of its releases for after the PS5 launches

>that commercial success correlates to quality,
I didnt say that. Im just saying it wouldve flopped without nintendo fans that buy anything.
>But the skill ceiling is pretty high though
Seriously nigger?

>Switch is getting 4-5 sizeable exclusives
"No"

Only Astral Chain and that one pales in scope compared to Death Stranding.

It's garbage compared to the first game and Nintendo funding it was better off in the long run so the most won't have to experience Hashimoto butchering Kamiya's foundation with the sequel. Bayo 3 I have little hope for at this point.

Alpha and Omega cringe

>Mario Tile Editor 2 is plenty good right?
Yes, it's literally better than AC7 and Sekiro. Oh, and it will also get long term support unlike those games.

I never said I played it, quote where I did

sad

>Only Astral Chain and that one pales in scope compared to Death Stranding.
We've seen a fair bit of gameplay for Astral Chain
We've seen relatively little of Death Stranding's gameplay and mechanics and systems.
So we're comparing a game where we know a fair bit about it to one that we know almost nothing about.
I'm sure Death STranding will be solid, I like most of the MGS games aside from 4 and I have some trust in Kojima's weird westaboo autism. But we have to wait to see how well his ideas play out in execution until we see more.

Death Stranding looks like MGSV gameplay in Iceland so it's going to probably play tight as a 14 year old puss.

>Im just saying it wouldve flopped without nintendo fans that buy anything.
okay? that has very little to do with any arguments for or against the quality of the game
>Seriously nigger?
Yeah, competitions for the game display a pretty high skill ceiling when it comes to stuff like footsies, neutral, baiting, positionals and reads.

Saw alot of that with Hollow Knight. Shit is getting annoying,

Is it bad that I'd rather have the KH HD remasters on switch than KH3 itself?

>doubt

>MFW all these poorfags that have to take sides to justify their purchase
How does it feel to own only one console?
Please speak up, I can't hear you over my Switch, PC and PS4.
Hell I might just go out and buy an Xbox after this thread.
Get fucked poorfags.

Attached: 18118853_281092162349206_2039415062775758900_n.jpg (291x265, 16K)

Its still better then most other platinum games cause it has the foundation of Bayo 1

I don't see that, actually. It seems to have a far lesser emphasis on straight combat and a much greater emphasis on traversal and being competent about moving about the environment
I actually suspect it'll have a lot of use of the rumble in the PS4 controller to let you know if your weight is off balance to one side or the other. It might even use gyro for when you're going over ladders and stuff.
However, the question remains whether that gameplay loop of focusing on traversal will be strong enough for long bouts. I have faith but to compare an exploration-heavy game with an action-heavy game is a bit facetious, I think.
One's a slow burn experience with the bits of interest spread out, while the other is a much more condensed experience that takes less time but has a higher density of interest points

I mean, it's fine if you don't think that but having watched high-level gameplay and done some of it myself, I can say it has a pretty high skill ceiling and executes on common fighting game concepts in new and interesting ways.
The lack of absolute hitboxes means that there's a far greater number of options each player technically has, so precision in control also comes into play in a way that a game with more absolute inputs like Street Fighter doesn't have. It changes the game a lot such that lab-work is a little less reliable but it also makes it such that a player able to pull of something unexpected happens more often because not every move has known frame data.

That's understandable
I think you'd be better of selling someone a PS4 on the promise of KH2FM+ being on it rather than KH3

>Long term

That's a funny way of saying pretty much endless.

We're reaching the point where autists can't write off Nintendo games anymore due to 'having already played them.' Mario Maker is constantly being updated with crazy new content. New Horizons will have the same sort of longevity.

Attached: Fun vs no fun.png (680x649, 464K)

I agree. It's sad that the games in are all forgotten and are inferior to a fucking Mario level editor of all things. Hell, the only time when KH3 gets brought up is when people talk about how much of a disappointment it is. Can you believe that Sony showed KH3 off in E3 2013 to generate hype for the PS4? Can you believe that dumbass gamers bought a PS4 at launch because they want to own the console KH3 would release on? However, a fucking Mario level editor gets announced not too far from its release date and has gotten a lot more love than the likes of KH3 or AC7.
Despite all of that, OP decided that the Switch isn't getting any Japanese support by listing a bunch of overhyped games that were all forgotten within a week of release.

Hahahahahaha

No, KH2FM+ is literally the besy game in the series, and it has a better ending than the game fans have been begging for more than a decade (KH3.)

KH3's story honestly felt more like fanfiction most of the time
Like it literally read like fanfiction
Granted, most of KH is fanfiction inherently for Disney stuff but in KH2 and some of the spinoffs, the KH-original characters at least felt consistent internally
KH3 honestly reads like bad fanfiction though, in terms of pace and shit

>Its still better then most other platinum games
It's not even better than W101 and MGR
>cause it has the foundation of Bayo 1
Yeah on the fucking surface value until factoring in high level play.

Same
Playing AC7 on PS4 (just beat the copy of AC5 that came with it)
Looking forward to playing MUA3 next weekend with some friends
And been burning through ARR on PC
They even create a nice aesthetic when the consoles are stacked in order of size

>Switch is a competent portable system
Emulate switch on a pc pad device. Problem solved

>this poorfag trying to justify his purchase of useless bricks by acting smug
I see what you're doing there pal

>W101
I fucking want it
Astral chain looks like it's using similar "drawing" mechanics to it and Okami
So just fucking port it Platinum. You joke about how much of a failure it is but if you ported it and released it in a Nintendo hot month like June, it'd sell well

You mean a tablet? Or a laptop?
Cause neither of those (within a solid price range) can emulate a Switch very well
Do you know how emulation works?

>implying not a poor fag
Debt card required or lying

Attached: 1399104322658.jpg (600x455, 45K)

I think KHIII is a really good indication of where the future of Playstation is going.

Spending YEARS hyping up a product, only for it to come out and immediately be forgotten. We've seen this so many times in the PS4 era. Remember The Last Guardian? Did you know that came out?

only the cancerous twitch generation care about mario maker

PS4 + Switch or PS4 + Vita for anime tiddy games? What do, Yea Forums?

Why would you say that?
The cancerous twitch generation weren't even alive for when 2D mario was big. The people who care the most are people who actually like platformers

PS4 + PC
Vita is dead
Switch is garbage

PS4 Switch
PS4 still has some anime games coming out like Code Vein
Switch gets most of the non-censored stuff though

What a retarded post. Disregarding that.

top streamers are
>chink/gook ecelebs
>literal meme streamer moon
>nigger meme streamer

>all these games are better on PC/Xbox One
Why do snoycucks bash other platforms for having ports, but then use ports to gloat about their censored console?

Because they're fanboys.

Attached: Chad Warden.jpg (247x204, 7K)

But the top game being streamed isn't mario maker 2.
Are you suggest that the fact that MM2 has ANY streamers means that that indicates only the streamer generation cares about it?

OP didn't even mention Sony, the scores for those games are the same across all platforms.

>When you're so out of games you start to shill a literal Mario level editor

Attached: 15267379931211.jpg (600x600, 58K)

B-B-B-BUT SONY

Sonyfags really are the most annoying consolefags