It it possible for female vidya characters to be anything other than a "damsel in distress" or "overpowered killing...

It it possible for female vidya characters to be anything other than a "damsel in distress" or "overpowered killing machine who don't need no man"? Are devs even allowed to make kind, nurturing female support roles, or would roasties lose their shit and call them a stepford wife who projects a outdated, negative stereotypical image of what men "expect?"

Attached: 1557582456539.jpg (762x1061, 470K)

>muh sjw roastie boogeyman
rent free

Last game I played, I was a cute girl trying to save her alchemy workshop from being shut down.

japanese i'm guessing? they don't give a fuck most of the time, but even they usually pigeonhole female characters as one or the other

What are you complaining about?
Japan makes tons of games where females aren't useless nor overpowered killing machines. Go play those.

To be fair, a lot of the bitching does come from ""women"" these days, but the complaints are still there. Look at Gears5 and tell me who their target audience is - certainly not people who liked the first 4

Maybe you should actually play games

Attached: 1537625916927.jpg (566x800, 311K)

Instead, they're kawaii magic-using moeblobs, or exist only for people to beat their meat, or a combination of the two..A step up, but still not a great alternative to the other two

I'm not sure its even possible to make a "great" female vidya character

Attached: 1502639295955.png (723x1023, 500K)

Doijins and fanart are literally rotting your brain faggot

Cute

name 5 great female vidya characters and see how many of then fall into one of those 4 categories

is there anything hotter than a girl rubbing her pussy on your thigh bros? girls in rabid lust makes me diamonds

pillow/table humping

Why do you care?
Women fulfill different roles in society and your fictional stories.
You're asking for another boring male self insert except with a female character model.

What's your idea of a properly done female?

Attached: 75ef2f1f9333efb7321da10bd98b7bd3.png (827x1169, 342K)

Estelle
Xelha
Elly
Feena
Kaine
Not like you've played in any of their games

so you can't even think of one, huh?
i just want interesting female characters in games. RDR2 almost did it, but they all ended up being doormats who got lucky or died, or fucking Bonnie who killed entire armies alone because she was mad. AbIgail was pretty well written, but thats one out of seven.

Tifa pubes

Attached: 14b5ab14a8361d8e337c678244467c91.jpg (782x1414, 209K)

Video games need more mommies.

Attached: 1538782755597.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

Westerners have never met a woman who is nurturing or supporting so of course their games don't have any in them.

Attached: nier sip.jpg (861x923, 100K)

Kara from detroit was alright, but mostly because the player gets to choose what she does. I don't think theres a proper way to do a female, i just want less cliched and redundant characters

Feena alternates between great party member and girl who needs to be saved, ultimately ending up as "the one girl who can save the planet." not the best example, but yeah shes pretty great. i liked leen more

Yes.
3 girls.
girl A give very high quality licking to Girl B's pussy while girl C kisses with girl B so girl B cant moan because she is kissing with girl C

Attached: 1543073011820.jpg (726x1024, 83K)

Games need cute and beautiful girls performing the best type of magic what is Lesbomancy

Attached: 12213.jpg (1920x1200, 165K)

>complain about characters only being one of two extremes
>given example of one that is neither
>this is somehow bad too despite her shown to be capable and important without being infallible or the end all be all because of the other characters and their roles
My gf is a great example, how dare you.

>female characters cant be cute or sexy
then what is the point

very nice

Attached: very nice.jpg (720x717, 48K)

did you know all stories ever written are the same 7 plots? All characters can be boiled down to just a few stereotypes too. You only have a problem with females because you see them as oppressed and deserving of protection, due to societal influence and instincts.

Aren't you a bit old to be shitposting, Justin?

>Feena alternates between great party member and girl who needs to be saved
She is also a capable explorer with genuinely good personality and endearing relationships with male lead. She is neither weak or overpowered even considering her legacy too since Justin still ends up being stronger by a wide margin by pulling Heaven & Earth Cut out of his pants.

we picked up on the fact that male mc's are cookie cutter copies years ago, though

Attached: Male Protag Bingo.jpg (1000x1100, 183K)

Something being predictable isn't bad. If an Mc is human is that a rehash? Since most games feature humans? Do you want some kind of unintelligble alien game to fall from the stars?

Its childish to expect something completely new each and every time.

Aerith > Tifa

Freya is better than both.

Attached: 1525694829956.jpg (850x1213, 219K)

Get you a girl who can do all of it, OP

Don't make me use Gadwin's secret move, bitch.

Furfag in the worst FF.

KYS

I love Princess Garnet!

Attached: 1525734242477.jpg (680x680, 80K)

>Strong
>Beautiful
>Motherly
>also gets her ass handed to her on a regular basis, never accomplishes anything plot-wise
I think we have a winner!

Attached: 1455306091571.png (725x1024, 332K)

You know she fucks monkeys right?

I'm gonna need proof.

Freya had potential but the writers simply forgot she was a thing.

If she killed Beatrix she would have had a satisfying arc.