EDF

Who else pushing these alien scum off our planet?

Attached: 1562872516130.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1kUzC2y1ro8
youtube.com/watch?v=qFEWBm_3yK8
dailymotion.com/video/x2lcu92
youtube.com/watch?v=z49ZHAH0Whk
youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY
youtube.com/watch?v=MGFiqGGVAuk
youtu.be/4N2IQ7_sSAw
weapon.edf.jpn.com/5_eng/
youtube.com/watch?v=fSI7N0mAseY
youtube.com/watch?v=RXtpUetIDy8
youtu.be/5wdxargbj2U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fencer is the biggest chad in the world.

I'd like to see the Wing Diver starter pack

Still in the early missions and there seems to be a subplot on peace negotiations. Is there a good end where humanity and the aliens find peace?

Meanwhile air raider casually levels several city blocks

do you get more armour by playing on normal? done up to mission 25 on hard and im behind other people despite me having a higher completion rate%

Someone throw a pirate lobby up.

I think more might drop on higher difficulty but don't quote me.

Make it a general

>and there seems to be a subplot on peace negotiations
The only subplot is that the protesting hippies all get killed when they went for negotiations, probably Mars Attacks style.

>tfw no alpha team with passion and camaraderie

Micro penis class, Ranger is for true chads that ride into battle on their steel steeds

why is fencer the best class?

I'm not exactly sure, but I have pretty high armor because I keep joining Yea Forums lobbies and playing the first 20 missions over and over again

Powered exoskeletons, big silly weapons and rocket boosters are a wonderful combination

Honestly, Fencer and Air Raider should be best bros. Wing Divers are sluts and Rangers just want to ride a motorcycles.

>when you realize what omega protocol is

Attached: 5512052_m.jpg (512x384, 43K)

>It's the flying monsters
>Must be the bird-like creatures

Attached: Hornet cpt Erik Jørgensen_0.jpg (685x285, 28K)

It feels like you get higher armor drops on higher difficulties

Here you go

Attached: 1562945635469.jpg (1112x512, 146K)

>bugs literally couldn't invade China because of the smog

Is it me or am I finding displeasure I. The classes? Air Raider is ok but when the monsters come close he folds. Lots of his vehicles suck and get jobbed easily by Pepe's. Plus the time it gets them there. Only good ones are the Titan and Crawlers for caves. Heli's suck ass.
Wing diver for me just doesn't have much punch. Not sure what's wrong. But I see other wing divers kill monsters easy but mines has shitty weapons with shitty range.
Fencer is too slow but I haven't played much of them. Ranger I felt like wont pack much punch and is slow.
What do I do? I had a decent wing diver weapon but can't find it anymore. Donno where it went. It was a 12 shot charged.

>second mission with Cosmonauts as fencer
>mfw jumping from around the corner and absolutely annihilating the unsuspecting ayys with two miniguns
holy shit

Attached: 1547581486513.jpg (317x432, 25K)

>Fencer is too slow
>he doesn't know

>chinks are literal bugmen
wew

I DON'T WANNNNNNAAAAAAAAAA DIE
I JUST WANNA RIDE MY MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTORCYCLE

now thats a big yikes

>Fencer is too slow

best map to farm high hardest+ weapons?

>It's a "Wing Diver flies in, dies immediately, spams voicelines until hes revived, and then immediately eats EVERY healthpack available once hes up even if everyone else is half dead" episode
getting real tired of this rerun

non-pirate hard lobby is up
name: shazbot
password: vgs

Godspeed, you black emperor.
youtube.com/watch?v=qFEWBm_3yK8

Attached: CRHxVF8.jpg (1200x750, 158K)

In his defense, base Fencer IS too slow. Sandlot removing the speed from his base kit and putting it into his extras means the class is absolutely crippled until you get the boost cells you need. Granted its better for the class as a whole thanks to no longer being forced to take a shield + melee, but it's still a noticeable issue early on.

>Not using your motorcycle to blow up dropships

Its even worse when you have high max HP and they have minimum HP
Ressing always costs you half of your current HP, even if that's more than their max HP

>pw not rage
Fuck off with this.

When they die they release microbes that purify the air and soil.

This is the reason why the ayys didn't simply glass Earth in the first place.

vgta

you should also mention what mission you're doing

are you saying that the ayys are the space Greenpeace?

>okay it's a bunch of bees better bring the 5-way
>and I'll bring a close range weapon for when they get to close

>Queen shows up
>only gets one plink from the 5-way
>flies out of range of my spark lance, even if I try to fly up she just backs off faster than I can get up

Feels badman

Attached: 20190714105732_1.jpg (2560x1440, 361K)

Fuck off.

I'm on level 27. Could go lower to get some people in here.

what's even the point of having wing diver in the game anymore. Well except for her booty being in your face at all times

For me, it's dragoon lances and plasma heavy cannon

>it's another episode of people straight up ignoring boxes
getting real tired of this shit

How do I make gear stop showing as new? It's so distracting.

To clean up after the Fencerchads mess of course

>SANIC FENCER 5.0
>EVEN FASTER AND DUMBER LOOKING
LITERALLY GOING TO BUY THIS GAME RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Attached: tVdttdG.gif (400x255, 1.75M)

Can collect boxes faster than any other character without upgrades.
Can deal incredibly high burst damage to problem targets and then immediately get away.
Lasers and lightning are cool.

post vids, I need to sell my bud on this game

>Damage *5 ->*5+
>Value doesn't go up

>Lock-on *4+->*5
>Value doesn't go up

Attached: 20190714110534_1.jpg (2560x1440, 606K)

I can't find it

>its another episode of people wanting to play a private game with their friends but don't know how to password or limit a lobby to private
Its impossible to describe how annoying it is to join a game just to get instantly kicked because the host is a fucking moron

Strongest fencer weapon early-game?

Wing diver can dab on all the seething incels by going ontop of buildings

Do you need any other reason?

You need higher level parts for more consecutive dashes/jumps.

Early game is suffering.

Fencer can too with multiple jumps

>wing diver
Did you get Raijin and start shitting on everyone?

WD can do it by pressing a button

Game crashed, and then had to reinstall on steam. Though it didn't seem like it had to do a full reinstall.

Anyways, it's back up. I'll give it 10 minutes before going

The level up system in general is a fuckin mess
>What it was billed as: a system to reward players for dupes so they didn't feel disappointed when they finished a level and didn't get anything to
>What we got: stat difference between upgraded and non-upgraded weapons are so vast that a higher tier unupgraded weapon is almost always worse than a lower tier fully upgraded weapon

Are ants and hornets and stuff like that not a thing on earth in the EDF universe or is the joke that soldiers are too stupid to know anything about them?

Education is none existent and scientists are vatgrown for EDF's RND division

>Wing Diver flies up on top of a building to snipe
>Gets owned by a drone
>Stranded up there for the rest of the mission because no one can jump that high and nobody brought explosives

Anyone else feel like the god damn Fist of the North star when using the Jackhammer?

Jesus, does 90% of this board just buttfuck fencer and not play any other class because that’s what it seems like

Hows 5 compared to 4.1?

So are weapon/ammo crates you pick up local or are they shared with everyone else?

I just used the satellite blaster on her to kill her in 10 seconds

Most fun class. Animation cancelling to go fast while dropping unholy amounts of firepower is fun
Also, you aren't playing a woman, which is gay.

>tfw you will never be a ranger in the edf
>tfw you will never be a part of a squad that has a few fencers, air raiders and wingdivers in it
>One of the fencers is the quiet type
>Always listens and somehow get along with them
>They are always the first one in and last one out of any engagement
>Turns out that this fencer is a 10/10 muscle girl who just doesn't talk much
>When this is found out the wing divers get mad jealous

A lot of qol improvements.
Some minor differences, but overall it plays about the same.

>scientists are vatgrown for EDF's RND division
It took 5 months for EDF to start shooting inside the hatch of a dropship, and it was some random soldier's idea.

we got two now

There's only competent scientist and he carries the entirety of the EDF along with the MC

Is single player weapon progress carried over to mp?

Finished ranger on hard and started doing hardest. Finished all prologue missions on hard for all classes. It's already getting boring. How do i make it as fun as it used to be?

>get to the fight with the armored Godzilla-thing in the mountains (mission 61 I think) for the first time
>get oneshotted by ANY of his attacks
>can't play any class except Wing Diver since none of them can dodge him
>have so little energy that regenerates so slowly that I can barely stay in the air with dashes without losing energy and can only attack him at most twice a minute with the chargeable magazine-based laser rifle
>get fucked by stray bees and ants if I don't madly run to destroy all the teleportation ships at the beginning of the mission before that fucking thing wakes up
I had to replay the mission like 20 times before I somehow got it, is it going to get even harder further on or is this mission in particular just objectively fucking bullshit difficult for early game?

>want to solve a problem
>solution is to make weapon collectors grind even harder
Has anyone gotten all weapons fully upgraded in the PS4 version?

Bought this yesterday on Yea Forums's recommendation.
I love the cheesy sci-fi dialogue, and gunning down hundreds of giant ants while spamming the singing emote is funny as shit. I think I like this game.

Died on the first mission with the ufo enemies, mission 5 I think. Just got swarmed in close range and died. Fuck.

Yes, it does, armor too.

is that a nazi dog whistle, user?

Blasthole spears and Dexter shotgun

oh dear god, no, not at all. wait till you get to mission 107, though. many laughs were had

ps4 early adopter here

Only thing not carried are completions I think

What class are you playing? That mission gave my bros and I a bad time on hard. Couldn't use my missiles as ranger because they kept flying too close and I ended up blowing myself up.

maybe stop playing the same game 12 hours a day?

Skip the prologue.

Suck a dick it’s been out for three days

The first mission with drones is a pretty harsh difficulty spike

The Wingdivers don't "bully" her in the shower after the fight
step up your game user

I wish i could but i have nothing else to do during summer.

5 has an unusually slow start, is all. 4.1 was quick to put you into action, and the weapon drops were p. good from the beginning.

Sounds like you ripped that off from that Halo animation episode

who here Slaughter+MFF 50 gang?
>needing gay jetpacks, POG's, or an exosuit to compensate for your gayness
>not just blowing a dozen MONSTERS away per shot with your good ol' pump action
>not tearing ALIEN HUMANS apart limb by amphibian limb with your .50 cal bolt action beauty
>not hauling ass away on a bike that could touch a 1° bump in the road and throw you 4 miles away, but still won't kill you because you drink enough milk to have the bones to survive unlimited fall damage
pathetic

Attached: niggat.jpg (115x175, 5K)

I was using Ranger. Replaying the earlier missions with Fencer to see if that helps a bit.

Had to quit less than 20 missions in
Dont know who thought it would be okay to make me violently blow off the limbs of aliens that look exactly like humans and have blood go everywhere. Nearly threw up

I just want an edf general

shared I think

I dont know shit about Halo. Besides any discussion about how MC would do in any situation would be "His luck gets him through everything and makes him unkillable XD"

I just went on normal for that one. I feel they toned down normal compared to 4.1. Enemies barely attack you.

Try the game "Iron Brigade" it's dirt cheap and it's about defeating wave of monsters too.

>tfw fighting the big armored ayys as wing diver
It's ok, I didn't want to fly anyway

>I was using Ranger
I've used shotgun and rocket launcher on that one, didn't have much problem.

Shotguns are the best I agree but are snipers the true combo weapon? Grenades just seem to fly all over the place and my rocket launcher doesn’t seem to hit very hard

BEHOLD
A MAN

Attached: KCER9b9[1].jpg (835x580, 78K)

Heh, bet he's weak to water

This has nothing to do with MC. What you described in that post was basically an episode from Halo Legends
dailymotion.com/video/x2lcu92

Their limbs regenerate pretty quickly though, so it's not that bad.

Is this a good first EDF to get into?
some friends are trying to get me to join them.

If you celebrate the nearby allies do it with you too.

that was in spic or something my bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=z49ZHAH0Whk

Well it's the only one that's active so what choice do you have if you want to play multiplayer?

People miss the dialogue in 4.1. That's about all you're missing.

It's for the times you need to hit tall deroys. Yes

I got 4.1 cheap some time ago, should I just skip it and go straight to 5 or should I actually play it beforehand?

What's the best way to upgrade my Fencer's items? (the ones that give more dashes and jumps)

yeah absolutely, I'm on mission 34 Hard right now and I use one of the slaughter LS's with a full upgrade MFF 50 LS and it's a 5 shot 150dmg 2.0 second reload sniper

The shotgun can one shot frogs in the head up close and the sniper is a one shot kill on anything below frog level and above it it pulls them apart. I haven't tried any of the other snipers, but judging from the general opinion they're probably awful.

The only time i switch off the sniper is for the Minion Buster (blaster?) Burst, the rocket AR, because it kills the shit out of everything

Gimme a quick rundown on Air Raiders lads, my friends want me to get this and I hear I can do bombing runs with them?

Pray to RNG and grind the levels that dropped it

I just can’t bring myself to shoot them

Its what they were made for. A vast majority of Air Raider's weapons are signal devices to coordinate bombing runs, artillery strikes, missiles and orbital lasers.

The remainder of an AR's kit is full of various support tools and vehicles, including house-sized tanks and building-sized giant robots.

You call them in.
youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY

Attached: wwii1426.jpg (2892x2276, 1.63M)

>it's robots!
>no it's armor!
>there's aliens inside the armor!
>these ones aren't like the others, they don't look human!

Not just bombing runs, but strafing runs from EDF fighters, orbital bombardments, requesting all kinds of vehicles, turrets, support items, climbing up to ICBMs.

mission 12 on hard can
EAT
MY
ASS

Attached: QvIZ8mS[1].jpg (1920x1080, 384K)

Sounds awesome my dudes. Anything in particular I should look out for to use/avoid?

>Not going fencer and reflecting all that spider web bullshit
Though it does make me said that they nerfed the web reflect damage in 5 relative to 4.1, you could instantly kill silver spiders with that shit on Inferno.

Attached: 1562474032393.jpg (800x600, 30K)

Pirate? I can join,

If one low level mission drops those, can I farm this level until a reach maximum item level? Or is there a cap this specific for this mission?

>Anything in particular I should look out for to use/avoid?
Yeah limpets unless youre forced to use them for underground

Limpet guns that aren’t limpet snipers
Most early game vehicles handle like complete arse FYI

Shit I forgot to add some AR advice.
Naegling is a bad choice of vehicle for mission without flying faggots, you'll probably have better luck with a Nyx or Grape. Also switch out your Limpdick gun for a bombing run or spritefall. The neutralize cannon also sucks fat dick replace it with a bombing run.

How do I maintain my fast as fencer? The downtime while my jumps cooldown kills my momentum.

Blasthole spear

I think you can dash once as you hit the ground, then cancel with a spear attack then jump/dash again.

Getting upgrades for the amount of jumps/dashes.
Also use blast twin spears to extend distance or during dash cooldown

Love my ranger using motorbike, every battle is like a stunt show.

Got it. Limpets suck dick, and the vehicle handling gets better. Anything else I need to know?

try not to call in airstrikes on your teammates

item gatherer and rescuer.

you need a ranger or fencer to babysit you once enemies break trough your mortars and bombng runs... until you get spritefall. After that its all just positioning and raining holy hell on enemies.

>having fun as an AR
>teleport ship mission happens
Being completely useless isn't fun.

Attached: D4CqmI5UwAMCaKU.jpg (700x990, 93K)

The most important tip for air raider
Spritefall operator is cute!

>That scene after you beat the game where the Air Raider and the spritefall operator get married

>Unlock Level 32 Diffusion Gatling gun
>Reading through states, all pretty impressive
>Accuracy - 0 stars - I
I wonder what accuracy is like when it's fully upgraded

Attached: 1560828783354.png (1787x1317, 2.12M)

OOOOHOHOHOHOHOHO

>Illegal Immigration and illicit work? we must evict them!

Attached: 1543185982406.gif (385x256, 1.21M)

So what do the Level and Star signs mean on equipment?

Wish the bug blood would stay consistent and not cover the whole town in purple one second then disappear another. Or at least slowly disappear and not just flicker off.

Should I get into this series? It looks fun.

I'm playing in japanese just so I can hear her JP voice
I like both though, I'm really conflicted

lvl determines if its locked from the mission you're on
star means its maxed its stats

other than the carpark in 61 and the waterfall in 87(?) any other cheesable stages for inferno?

Also, is there any way to use the waterfall for any class other than a two shotgun Fencer? Ranger's Shotty is good but the reload dont allow him to lay down a continuing wall of buckshot. Wing Diver gets taken down by her own weapon's feedback from hitting anything at point blank, and Air Raider smply does not have anything that would take out the pillbugs at the door without taking himself out as well.

Did you download an undub or can you switch language in-game? Never checked.

Do you like big battles, cheesy dialogue, catchy music, killing giant aliens with guns, tanks, mechs, and power armor?

Can you have subtitles?

The command has negative naming sense.
Good fucking god their names are horrible.
Mother monster.

Its got dubs for Japanese, English, Chinese and Korean
Text support for all of them too
You can see them when you're looking through lobbies
No Subtitles : \

How do you deal with flying enemies as air raider?

Air Strikes and Machine Gun Nyxes

will i ever stop using shotgun, spear, and double bloodstorms as fencer

ZE guns, then Autocannon and Spritefall

She does the OOOOHOHOHOHOHOHO on english dub too btw.
>that moment when the entire squad can hear the laugh

Spritefall, put up AA shields between buildings, try to tag them with the cannon shot if they aren't reds.

no, no, yes

the giant insect researcher o’hara is a retard

Strafe runs are hilariously potent against flying enemies, just call them on your location and watch the little shits fall in droves, bulge laser, spritefall, lapis and autocannon/vulcan cannon will also work in a pinch though you need to be more careful/active with them. The big advantage of strafe runs is that you seldom will be damage by them even if the projectiles hit you

>hating on the chad limpet gun
they may not have as high of a fire rate or accuracy as edf 4.1 but god damn do they instagib most trash mobs with a decent explosion radius. its honestly a waste, at least early game, to not carry the m2 with you.

Is it just me or are fencer and wing diver by far the best classes? On inferno they can outrun basically every enemy and have absurd weaponry, rangers and air raiders aren't bad but just seem generally outgunned, and when you combine that with their insane mobility it just doesn't seem worth

>Dashing right ahead in the frogs with a jackhammer+dexter shotgun

Attached: 1495301877165.jpg (326x245, 12K)

I know man I've played the game on PS4
she just didn't click with me first time in English.
It just doesn't make sense unless you know she's a ojousama.
Ooohohohoho does not translate well into English

Anyone hosting?

Can you go straight to inferno from hard?

Gotta beat the game to get higher difficulties

I think you can from normal

Haven't progressed very far into EDF5, but it still feels like EDF4's class balance but not as extreme. Haven't seen a fully kitted Wing Diver yet, but can she still spam those gigantic fucking beams and explosions?

Attached: how EDF plays out for me.jpg (2000x1875, 2.51M)

I meant is it possible to do inferno without getting raped or do I need upgrades from hardest first.

I think you mean the OwO *notices your buldge* laser

Yeah. And compared to 4 she doesn't need to touch the ground anymore.

Should I get “Iron defense” or EDF5?

Attached: 861A30A6-BD24-491A-9829-D6A0AB08923D.jpg (960x719, 60K)

If you farm a lot of armor you can skip hardest.

The literally purpose behind Wing Divers was because EDF needed some cute idols to drive up the recruitment rates so they brought on ACTUAL idols to fly around half naked.

Insect Armageddon

EDF5
Iron Rain is an abomination apparently

>ranger doesnt pack punch
Shotguns are pure sex, you can punt corpses into the stratosphere with them
So far ive only needed to drop the diff to normal for one mission while ive been solo and that was mission 27

>playing air raider
>its ok but not that great liked it more in 4
>get egan nix bomber and normal mech
>suddenly im an anime protagonist
post your mech themes
youtube.com/watch?v=MGFiqGGVAuk

Attached: 1557243515492.png (640x361, 167K)

>Big ant
Mother monster
>Big bee
Queen
Have SOME consistency, please!

Attached: 1433852210577.gif (242x333, 294K)

name: shazbot
password: vgs
hard mode mission 29

join up

youtu.be/4N2IQ7_sSAw

They gotta be shitposting at this point.

Attached: Walking Fortress Balam.png (1920x1750, 3.66M)

>EDF 5 doing better than 4.1

what went right?

Attached: edf45steam.jpg (737x347, 86K)

THE EDF DEPLOYS!

Probably the QoL changes

>join a steam friend's lobby
>It's a Yea ForumsDF lobby
>I didn't want you at all and forgot to change the lobby from Yea ForumsDF

Attached: 1361795342098.gif (390x357, 2.95M)

As per tradition

Sending ayys back home!

Attached: ayyyy.webm (853x480, 2.99M)

Better word of mouth advertising from the fans for sure.

1/4
search Yea Forums

When does Fencer get fast? I'm on the early levels.

Attached: 1562918192733.jpg (900x1200, 197K)

literally always bring a limpet gun. who knows where the meme of them being bad came from but they still shit out damage at nearly infinite range.

Fast is relative. Just keep using your dash/boost items with a dash/boost set and you'll keep getting faster. You get faster than Ranger and AR very quickly though.

3/4

you get 3 boost upgrade around mish 25 which is when you first notice your strafe jump boosts take you halfway across the map

apparently shooting spear cancels the rest period but honestly haven’t tried since i got the upgrade

Please join.

Attached: afaare.png (2560x1440, 2.19M)

>so called fencer chads cant solo hard mode
>meanwhile im breezing through the game as an air raider with my big ass mechs and explosions

Attached: 1556089117448.png (951x942, 180K)

So you got my interest but, how long is this games life span? I feel like nobody is going to play this in like two weeks, and also are the DLC just cosmetics or lockled content?

Attached: life-span.png (600x300, 20K)

I wonder what the ayys think when literally 1 single guy is tearing his way through their invasion and just refuses to die no matter how much bullshit is thrown in his way

I started playing fencer. I normally played air raider. I just want to play with people.

When you get Boost and Dash cells, so whenever RNG favors you; I didn't get both of mine until like mission 30.

He can be legit fast.

Attached: Suddenly, Viper would be cool if he was actually Ricardo.png (640x720, 306K)

edf is one of those games where the niche audience is turbo autistic and play the game religiously. youll always have people to play with.

>Autism Raider doesn't understand that people enjoy playing with others
Go back to playing with your oversized action figures, Timmy.

>edf is one of those games where the niche audience is turbo autistic and play the game religiously

Does that mean that im going to be shit at and/or kicked from servers if im not so familier with the game itself?

will EDF6 add female versions of every class?

EDF players are generally in love with the human race. It's weird.

Because if more than 2 enemies bum rush you youre fucked
>lmao stick 4 limpets to a red ant
>boom
>it's still alive fucker, have fun with your 3 second reload
>get grabbed
>kill the one that grabbed you
>get grabbed

The only time I've been kicked is from retards who don't know how to set their room to private so they just kick everyone that joins.

no

nope. as long as you like blowing shit up you'll be perfectly fine. you can revive people endlessly as long as you have hp anyways so as long as you arent cerebral palsy stricken you'll be ok in most situations.

Id rather have armor variations.

Alright cool, gonna give it a shot in that case, thanks fellas.

Man, AR before obtaining Spritefall and after are two completely different classes.

Need different armors for the women ya dumb dumb!

Unfortunately this happens a lot and there seems to be a mouthbreather problem in EDF games in general cause I had this problem in 4.1 too.

at least on hard mode it goes more like
>spread limpet m2 shots into a pack
>ccs the fuck out of them and kills lesser mobs due to the high explosion radius and damage
>delete most packs before they get to you

Use the cannon shot instead of the shotgun, it does more damage AND pierces through targets with no damage falloff

Limpets are bad and you should feel bad

If you're air raider on a teleport ship mission your job should be support and mob clearing
Power boosters help quite a bit
You can also bring a Nix and get mad at missing all your shots cause the guide laser is garbage

They managed to brainwash themselfs with 4.1 EDF chant

A new room for pirate bros. Starting from mission 13

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

>grab limpet gun
>grab turrets
>throw turrets down for defense from ant fuck squad
>limpet gun the ship to death in 2-3 openings

Attached: 1555786627439.jpg (400x400, 37K)

Why are Bulge Laser and Spritefall manned by two different people when they feel like a similar weapon type?

>Normal

Attached: 1433562070637.gif (400x225, 1.01M)

>Open lobby
>wait 5 minutes for anyone to join, nobody joins
>start game
>10 minutes into it two people join
>Thought I was almost done but MORE FUCKING WAVES to draw out this mission another 10 minutes
>the two people leave, I die and retreat
>been idling in the lobby for 10 minutes with nobody joining

This matchmaking is ASS

>Grab Fencer
>Power boost that fucker
>Clear ants with spritefall
>Kill ship in 2 openings

>Grab Wing Diver
>Power boost that fucker
>No ants even spawn cause the ship is dead

hmmm

no but it will add male wing diver

>tfw get spark vine y6 almost fully upgraded by mission 10
>become death, destroyer of drones and frogs

Attached: dong.jpg (184x274, 9K)

online solo scales to 4 players, you need a second player for it to scale properly
dumb anime poster

the opening mission for EDF 5 when all the mechs and tanks go by is KINO

>trying to shill other classes while the conversation was clearly about air raider
hmm

Attached: ayylmao.jpg (1920x1080, 316K)

play hard, casual

Yes, the conversation IS about Air Raider, the support class
Using Support, to Support other Classes
Because the limpet gun is shit and almost anything else would be more useful

Probably different satellites, with Bulge probably being an earlier model and Spritefall being the pet project of the crazy Ohohoperator who is probably inappropriately turned on by orbital laser weapons.

>level 65+ on hard
>spend 15 minutes refreshing and looking for a room with the exact mission I need.
>won't make a room myself because I start to feel responsible
Why am I so autistic?

Are EDF player's this much of dicks? Makes it seem a waste of money otherwise.

>Invade the earth LMAO

>support class
yeah sure our air strikes sure are supporting your ass by carrying you through the game

In my 250 hours of EDF I was never kicked because of "playing incorrectly" and only got yelled at once when I accidentally pulled too much shit in sime random Inferno mission.

>high explosion radius
>high damage
Where do I find this magical limpet gun?

If you don't think Air Raider is a support class, when it has Power Boosters, Armour Boosters, Deployable bunkers, Laser guide kits and most of the team healing in the game, then I don't know what IS a support class

>Take Air Raider
>Take a laser pointer
>Get everyone else to bring a fast firing fast lock on multi target missile launcher
>Get them all to shoot that shit into your laser pointer
>Swing that shit like a club up into the anus off a teleport ship

More useful than a Limpet gun.

not even properly. Online solo scales to the same health and damage as for four players, two people still has enemies do like 2.4 times as much damage, so it's still objectively harder than playing solo offline, it's not until you get 3 that things really balance out.

>Destroy the Giant ship mission
>gigantic frog aliens finally show up
>WOW THEY LOOK JUST LIKE HUMANS

Attached: goldenkek.jpg (720x695, 332K)

>tfw can't get the game for another two weeks
all my friends playing are having a blast and it angers me, and they are not pirate fags

Attached: 1549881869870.jpg (600x598, 25K)

Ranger = Imperial Guard

Wing Diver = Adepta Sororitas

Fencer = Space Marine

Air Raider = Adeptus Mechanicus

Maybe it's the dude who had a friend in Marseilles, since he'd be acquainted with how French people look.

Is this better than EDF 2017?

Are absolutely any of the DLC items worth bothering with? Wild Skeleton for Fencer seems useful but that's about it.

I CAN'T BTING MYSELF TO SHOOT THEM

Is Iron Rain good?

The way AR worrks they're closer to Astra Militarium if anything.

This game worth 40 eurobucks? I had fun with 4.1.

It's leagues ahead of 2017.

God damn the save Europe missions destroy my sides, because you get a guest European commander for some of them

No, you'll get better stuff very quickly
Only the mission packs are worth it

Leagues better. 2025, 4.1, and now 5 have improved over 2017 so much it's frankly not even a fair comparison

>I feel just like Napoleon Bonaparte!
>His victory at Austerlitz, huh?
>THIS IS NOTHING LIKE AUSTERLITZ, THIS IS MORE LIKE WATERLOO!

THEY EVEN HAVE MOUTHS

VE SHALL CALL ZE NEW ANCHORS BEEG ANCHORS

Attached: 1560535077797.jpg (563x503, 21K)

Why are force blades still so shit?

THE ENEMIES LOOK LIKE THEY SHOULD BE WEAK TO WATER
BUT THEY AREN'T.

Attached: file.png (600x450, 444K)

Shocking

I think the system is designed like this
>Min damage 5
>Max damage 6
>Tell the gun it has 6 stars max for damage
ie even if a star goes up one it won't always increase the number if it's on some goofy number.

How the fuck do you play this game as air raider. Especially in the 6th mission with the saucers. That shit is not possible.

Eh it might be popular but I always stick to Air Raider.

is bottom left image from animatrix?

Set up turrets, call in gunship attacks, deploy the flamethrower mech which just melts through the saucers

That kickback
>WD jump in front of group
>fires her laser
>rockets back and smashed into the bread shot behind you

Go onto some earlier levels and grind out some gear
You should get some gunship attacks, machine guns and rockets from the sky
Some of those are single shot and very strong and can probably one shot one of them

WE'RE BACK
PIRATE LOBBY

Attached: 1537082154426.jpg (1920x1080, 486K)

Limpet sniper
Bulge owo laser
Turrets
Nix

>mission fighting ayys
>approach them quietly and take on small groups
>start fighting the first group
>one rolls all the way across the map and alerts every ayy and frog in a 6 mile radius
>they all start charging your location

who's Raijin? i was just in their lobby

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_19.16_[2019.03.17_00.40.41]. (1920x1080, 313K)

If you're just starting out and don't have a lot, bring turrets, health/atk/def posts, barriers, and any offensive vehicle you have. My primary method is to keep all the other soldiers alive so they can kill shit to you.

Anyone running a non-pirate room?

Seriously what the fuck the game must have a thousand lobbies right now or the game died in 2 days cause nobody is joining my fucking lobby.

join RIGHT NOW
GOING FROM 10-20

150mm single shot, combat bomber, light mortar
Don't stand under the ship

Could just be bad translation of the source material. Whoever did the dub clearly just did it as a joke.

Yeah, then why is EDF 4 empty ?

Mission 91 is a purest form of cancer

There's a fuckload of lobbies with passcodes that drown out the public ones.

No, most EDF players are incredibly friendly

I'll join one of these pirate lobbies in like 10 minutes, gonna eat. I'm on mission 20~ or so Hard though, if anyone wants to continue from that point lemme know and I'll just make another lobby.

Compared to EDF 4.1, how do each class fare up (buffed or nerfed) ? And biggest difference ?

Currently on mission 40 on HARD, and so far I've only found the plasma heavy cannon to be good, but even that I can't fully charge without running out of wing energy. Every other weapon seems to do little to no damage, or burn through energy like no tomorrow, or both. The bow and double lance are the only other weapons i've found to be useful but both require close range. Am I missing anything here? I feel fucking useless outside of firing a huge fucking plasma ball and hoping to hit shit and not die due to limited energy

THANOS IS ALREADY HOSTING

Oh shit! They look JUST like us!

you can use luma reborn and play on familyshare both you and your friend at same time

>Especially in the 6th mission with the saucers
unironically the level 0 depth crawler is AMAZING. it blew that mission right the fuck out on hard mode solo

Attached: 1556217777603.jpg (583x583, 37K)

How many enemy types are in this game

>still has over 650 active players on steam despite being ancient and the new game having just came out
seems like its going pretty fuckin well to me lad.

Attached: 1556481932707.jpg (612x716, 313K)

>some of the air raider tanks have penetrating rounds instead of explosive
It's a ghetto railgun but I'll take it

everything is easy on solo mode
online with 4 guys is a real challenge when everything have milion hp

Air raider can call gunship strikes and some missiles without needing points. He lost the railgun, some helis and the bike to the ranger though.

JOIN THE THANOS LOBBY

why did you save a PNG of a gif

So what's the deal? I thought the frogmen were the aliens? How do greys factor in to this?

Disgusting Aliens, they look nothing like humans

the ayys are disgusting freaks that look nothing like us

NO PETS ALLOWED HERE
SOMEBODY SHOULD TELL THEM

When does this get hard?

Fucking plebs want to just play the same first 15 missions on repeat and the experienced players are already farming on the last missions, here I am in the mission 30's and nobody wants to join.

Post room if legit

Play on hard.

Ive run into nothing but bros so far, only at like mission 21 tho

I can join those I believe. If its pirate.

>they put in fucking red drones again
how the shit do i deal with them

Attached: 2opvgcR.jpg (326x307, 17K)

>not using air strikes
You can literally spam them in missions like this.

Sniper rifles and other near-hitscan weapons
Homing weapons if you're a fucking baby and don't mind it taking forever

It was hilarious doing them offline after failing like 5 times in a row online.

First time I just grabbed a Lysander.

One of the biggest differences between 4.1 and 5 that i've seen so far is that 5, apart from not letting you do hardest/inferno from the get go (does it unlock both at the same time, or do you have to re-clear all/a specific mission on hardest to unlock inferno?), there also isn't really a good quest to farm weapons from until 62, supposedly.

Pirate room, lvl 25, Hard.

Attached: rsssg.png (2560x1440, 2.13M)

>last mission on Inferno as Fencer
fuck the adds

Does anyone want a comparison video of the Eng vs Jap voices

sure why not

You unlock both at the same time once you beat the last mission.

You get both at once

Attached: 20190714074149_1.jpg (1920x1080, 392K)

Sniper rifles have stupid reloading times, homing weapons for the most part are too slow for the missile to reach them in time
I mostly get scrubbed out of existence by their lasers, one alone will take out 75% of my hp if I can dodge some of it.

thanks, that'll make some grinding significantly less suffering.

I do. It's still really easy.

Does this also applies to online? If so I think it's to prevent shitters from hosting hardest/inferno at 200 armor or something.

Learn to jump and shoot.

3/4
search Yea Forums

What difficulty and class are you playing
The KFF 50 family of sniper rifles have a reload time of less than 2 and a half seconds
The NP3-A does like 300 damage per burst and that's only a 3 second reload too

Hard is literally normal mode
Bump it up to Hardest, otherwise you'll have to play through 90% of the game before half the actually challenging enemies start showing up

Armor does not really matter on Inferno, if you get hit you are probably dead regardless of whether you have 200 armour or 2000

Pirate or not Pirate

Hosting hard lobby
Planning to do mission 21-29
name: vee
password: rage

I'm officially mad at this stupid fucking game, Mission 33 can kiss my hairy hemorrhoid ridden asshole after 4 retries by myself cause everyone is a bitch ass nigger that doesn't want to join a boss level "EEEEWWWW that's not easy farming!". Fuck this game, fuck its playerbase and fuck my dumb ass for getting mad at a video game. FUCK.

Attached: 1425610877805.gif (300x215, 2M)

>Especially in the 6th mission with the saucers
Some huge ass aoe with a low credit cost, turrets and healing.

How long until the game's dead?

4.1 still isn't, so I'm gonna guess probably a while

Getting some XCOM vibes

Attached: EDF5_2019_07_14_20_35_48_192.jpg (1920x1080, 2.07M)

After I'm done playing

Not him, but I'm starting a room. It's mission 16 for now, but it's on hard.

Room name is "Enter Room Name," and the passcode is "passcode".

This room is for good boys who purchased the game only. No pirates allowed!

Just beat that first try with some bros from this thread. Stop playing with shitters and/or git gud

Since the JP voicework is all actually earnest and cheesy as a byproduct of JP acting instead of for comedic effect, it definitely comes of as very similar

Did you not even read my post I've been playing it solo cause nobody would join.

I can't comment on the online, but taking it slow and steady as an air raider with zer gun, ze gun 2a, and a decently strong limpet sniper along with a depth crawler did me fairly well, at least offline on hardmode.

You do realise that playing solo online is the equivilent to playing with a full 4 person group right? You get punished for it, so to speak.

Wing diver has always been about getting right up in someone's business, unloading close range rape and flying off to recharge, and the new dash makes it even more viable than before. You just need to get used to flying dangerously close to shit and shredding them before you get hit.

THIS IS VERY PROBLEMATIC

Attached: EDF5_2019_07_14_20_21_45_500.jpg (1920x1080, 1.38M)

What difficulty though
If you're playing solo on Normal literally just equip a shotgun and stand underneath the queens, they die in like a clip and a half
Otherwise just chip away at them with high damage weapons like sniper rifles and run away constantly, repeat until ded

Also, don't play solo online, because the multiplayer scaling makes them have the same HP/damage as a four-player lobby

Any not piratefags hosting?
I'd do it but apparently lobbies don't show up if your profile is private

>use minigun strike on armored ayy
>it stunlocks him and shreds his armor
holy shit air raider is fun

Anyone streaming? looks pretty interesting. How many players per battle?

Which pirate lobby is still up and not full?

I usually do, but that wasn't viable at all for mission 40, don't have enough energy reserves to get close enough and reliably deal to the turrets, so just had to slowly snipe things with the Monster.

So what's your gunfu(s) so far? I'm loving the G&M rifles for rangers. As always when it comes to rangers, I can never settle on a 2nd weapon. It's always just a whatever I need for the mission weapon.

open your room back up

Rocket Cannon and 150mm Cannon.
I bring them both when I can

Everyone's super fun in this one
The kind of things you can do as an Inferno Fencer made me flip my shit
Air Raider definitely feels like he got the biggest quality of life upgrade though, airstrikes are ergonomic as shit now

Four player lobbies, same as always

G&M line is solid, the Stork line is also acceptable
I was surprised how good the NPB rifles are because I remembered them being shit on the PS4, turns out they absolutely shit out damage though

4, I could stream I guess
twitch.tv/bit_crusherrr
Just waiting for a mission to end so I can join

OPEN

Attached: 1552617898959.jpg (1920x1080, 484K)

>semi-auto
auuuugggh my fingers
i've been using the stork for my main raifu
slaughter's a good shotgun for sending shit into orbit
eagle for blapping frogs across the map, fuck the lysander
grant/goliath for leveling city blocks and maybe killing aliens

I want to join but I just did 13-25 last night lol

Doesn't show up

DID I FUCKING ASK
JOIN OR DON'T
PIRATE LOBBY

Low level Lysander's severely undertuned in this one, possibly because it was the stupidest piece of shit in 4
Eagle's pretty solid though, it's a good replacement if you want to put a hole through someone from the other side of the map but you don't want to wait four fucking seconds between shots

Imagine the smell.

Pirate lobby, mission 28 onward (Iron Wall) because it was fun, passcode.

Attached: 480_20190714155648_1.png (1920x1080, 1.11M)

even the non-prototype version is ass

I wasn't fond of it at first either, but it being able to penetrate and have high power means I don't really need to mash that much. Feels good to have a mob line up so I can gun them all down.

2/4

Won't someone join my legit room? ;_;

Clearing a level on hardest/inferno doesn't give you clearance for all the previous difficulties?
What the fuck is this scam

Yeah, clearing inferno doesn't give you credit for hardest for some reason.

thanks to all who joined my Yea ForumsDF room to do the first 5 missions, was fun.
fuck the drones though

>We've discovered a new alien weapon in australia, we're calling them Shieldbearers
>What's that?
>A device that can create light barrier that blocks all attacks
>So it's something like a shield then...

Anyone got the weapon spreadsheet?

Attached: 1549790419404.jpg (800x1121, 254K)

SHIELD BERRRORRR?!

weapon.edf.jpn.com/5_eng/

most people don't smell like anything, user

How do I bump up to hardest, though? Won't give me the option.

Is there couch coop? I need something to play with my fat gf

how 2 join pirate?

Now THIS is what I call a gun

Attached: 20190714170807_1.jpg (1920x1080, 694K)

yes

As an Air Raider player, I'd like to say that I am incredibly grateful that they're nowhere near as cunty as they were in 4
Like half that game is fucking imposssible to play enjoyably as Air Raider because it's either underground, under an earth eater, under a shield bearer, or somehow all fucking three

You have to beat the game once, sorry, my bad
Just think of your Hard runthrough as levelling up your health so you don't melt in a single shot on Hardest

So is it to be assumed that during the five months before the mission where you are finally enrolled that you spent those months going from place to being "lead to safety"?

play offline

>wing diver teammate making my ears bleed spamming HELP
no rez for you until we need a crate collecting bitch, bitch

>want to start on level 34
>All 34 lobbies are passcode only
It's not fair, guys

>tfw you can put barriers, power boosts, guard boosts and even turrets ontop of tanks and mechs

Attached: aae.jpg (601x469, 48K)

Don't forget the fucking dragon missions.
>oh hey check this out here's 80 million dragons and deroys for you to kill, also no call-ins so have fun with turrets and limpets :^)

E-EDF?

Attached: 20190714220322_1.jpg (1920x1080, 384K)

>playing air raider
>get to first underground mission
>mfw
the last fight kicked my ass

Attached: 54c82f838e247[1].jpg (1920x1080, 148K)

Call in Barga and punch it.

Anyone else really like the music in this game? It's really catchy and fits the game so well.

Attached: 1562225847184.png (430x763, 238K)

yes they do, you mongoloid

Can we all agree that people who play wing divers are massive homosexuals?

>Mission 40
Any tips? I'm playing as a Ranger on hard.
Currently using:
>G&M-A23
>NP3-B
>Lightweight Protector E2

Attached: 1530506628102.jpg (545x755, 148K)

The first time I cleared it I got yeeted into the atmosphere resulting in the clusterfuck moving on to the grim reapers and get rekt.

I really, really dig the triumphant track that plays whenever EDF is winning or at an advantage, and the singleplayer menu theme is also pretty great, but they really fucked up the EDF anthem since 4.1.

sounds like someone needs a bath

Why are there so many truly brainless people who dont know how to make a private lobby and instead just kick everyone before they start a mission? Fucking stupid nigger bitches

>no bikes

they really could have made the colors a bit brighter

Attached: QjwOLDK[1].png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Turrets on a helicopter is good old classic Air Raider cheese, yeah

>Brute Force
>Hey Takeshi, what would happen if we took all of Air Raider's toys away?
>And then we kicked him in the ribs several times?
>Let's find out!

I didn't really notice it until replaying on the PC but yeah the music actually owns in this one, especially the Cosmonaut theme
youtube.com/watch?v=fSI7N0mAseY
Unlike Hectors the Cosmonauts are actually legitimately threatening basically every time they show up, and their theme does a pretty damn good job of conveying that

If you book it to where the Grim Reapers spawn you can make a last stand there until they show up to save you
Also:
Use bikes

What the fuck is up with the ant queen's acid? That shit hits you through buildings and even sends you flying in random directions. It seems to strike from all directions.

Probably just thirsty weebs, the kind that watches highschool moeshit.

you can use custom colors dumbass

i used stork and slaughter e22
that and lots of running backwards

It feels less broken than it was in 4.1

Mission 6 dicks everyone without building cheese or anti-air weapons. 4.1 had an early-ish mission that was the same "lmao here's 15000 drones good luck nerd".

>Probably just thirsty weebs, the kind that watches highschool moeshit.
so, massive homosexuals

They're much brighter in game, I don't know why its toned down in the menu.

You just have to work with the sliders a little more

Press the Y button you nut.

i miss when changing your colour got it's own theme
youtube.com/watch?v=RXtpUetIDy8

>Mission 6 dicks everyone without building cheese or anti-air weapons
>literally and metaphorically walked all over it with the depth crawler on hard mode
????????

Attached: 1557302593554.jpg (1000x997, 309K)

>That first time you fight one in 4.1
>Small ass cave tunnel you can't even see it in, just tons of ant brap fluid flying through a doorway
That mission was absolute hell

Why does the new hyme suck so much dick?!

Attached: 1496188215785.png (800x850, 135K)

>that mission where you "fight" godzilla for like 30min and then he just walks off
Doesn't even give you loot. What a waste.

Attached: mail.jpg (288x252, 24K)

It's not so bad if you got good dps, but if you, or one of your team mates does then it's such a fucking chore to get through all that health.

Playing it with 4 wingdivers and arcing lightning in there was wild

I'm still to dumb to get movement with fencer in 5. I understand you need to hop and then dash now but I can only do this once and then there's a cool down.

for a level 0 unit the depth crawler is a fucking godsend. the machinegun has insane dps for how early it is and the cannons / movement destroy flying ships.

>mission almost over
>he is going in for the jump
>trying to doge roll out of the way but caught in terrain
sure was fun

You are going to LOVE mission 43

Use the addons that give extra boosts and make sure you're boosting right as you start to dash for maximum retention of momentum.

Thanks anons
I am eagerly awaiting it

Attached: file.png (1936x1080, 1.8M)

3/4

>doing terribly at a mission, taken a fucking hour and still haven't finished
>looting the entire time
>can't really do shit so pick retreat instead of just letting myself die
>nodrops
fucking hell, what's the point of showing that screen if I dont get any drops for retreating instead of failing?

youtu.be/5wdxargbj2U

That and the mission with the 2 wasp queens underground
I think it was #89

Mission 34
Room: Hard Mode Baby
2/4

underground is unironically where air raider shined for me.

I was just trying to cross the street

Attached: 1555723455585.jpg (1920x1080, 569K)

I'm grateful that I can actually see in caves in edf5, edf4.1 was complete shit if you weren't wing diver with a thunder bow/idunn, or ranger with firecrackers.

>four mortars
for what purpose, user?

>That theme

aaaAAAAAAAAA

Fucking PTSD.

Attached: 1549558006283.png (885x520, 451K)

>pirate lobbies
So, are you just able to join online games if you pirated it or do you need something like tunngle?

i DIDN'T THINK THINGS THROUGH

The lasor bike is fun

Attached: bike2.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Fug this mission.

Attached: 20190714160614_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.02M)

What trash of a human bean. Either you live by the book of Balam or you die under it.

It plays when imperial drones show up too right?

It essentially plays when you're FUCKED.
So yeah.

It's time bros

Attached: 122.jpg (827x600, 162K)

So does single player weapons and armor transfer to multiplayer?

pirates can play with pirates with steamworks fix

new lobby
mission 22, HARD

pw rage

>Pick Fencer when I start
>Finally
>Beat Mission 12 or whatever mission it was that was your last mission as a civilian
>Finally get my armor
>Change the color of it to Orange and Yellow to fit the Construction worker colors of Civilian Fencer
I can't be the only one.

Yes but multiplayer has level and armor restrictions so levelling up level 0-10 stuff isn't a bad idea.

Neat. I might do that until I get paid.

Attached: bike3.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

>Tfw busy the whole week so can only start playing by weekend

You fuckers better not be done by then.

Attached: BUY.gif (600x600, 603K)

Unless you're autistic enought to get 70% completion so you can remove said restriction.

Just played with a random fencer who was using two blast spears and two arm hounds as his basic set up
played from mission 3 to 12 and he only ever swapped out the arm hounds for some other guns once

Imperial Drones are bitches
>get a free Epsilon for their red version only mission
>didn't give a shit, we killed all of them fast and no one died on hard
>get in it at the end, it had 30K or something HP
where the FUCK was this baby ass shit for the regular red drone mission?

Attached: 1545893569912.png (640x359, 323K)

Yes and anything you get in multiplayer goes to single player. Hopefully they fixed the haxors of 4.1 because that ruined the game for me.

Sure, they're bitches alone, but come later missions..

2/4
search Yea Forums

>tfw even when not playing i can't stop thinking about being an air raider and just raining down chaos on the battlefield
this game is such a power fantasy and i love it

Attached: image0.jpg (720x720, 31K)

Any pirate lobby for a new player like me?

Attached: 1557806718878.gif (283x204, 3.37M)

3/4

>Pirate
>Playing first few missions on my toaster
>get to the mission with a shit load of ants
>PC chugs down to single digit FPS
welp guess ill wait till a new PC

I still only have the lowest tier free bike, but it doesn't stop me from cleaving a path through enemies with the guns. bikes are fuckin great.

just use the limpet sniper
does 500 damamgamgagmgaemmemgaeme per shot

>Each of these EMCs cost $10000000000000
>Armadillo rolls over them

user... What were you doing in that thread?

>that mission with assorted drones
>managed to aggro 2 red drones and 2 imperials
>get deleted

Attached: 1562182591453.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

Yes you are the only one. The civi shit was garbage and the only reason it's in the game is so they can let you know it's a prequel and not a sequel. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't shove it down your throat in a half added attempt to say they made a new game. It's not EDF 5 it's EDF 4.9 the sequel, prequel.

Attached: 1562877677724.jpg (900x900, 191K)

Mission 62 isn't really that great for early farming. 67 with the heavy cosmonauts which are actually less dangerous than regular ones are all guaranteed to drop crates on death and its heavily weighted towards weapons. Too bad its harder for Rangers and Wing Divers.

I don't like having to change my setup as fencer to have good dropship killing stuff. When my friend who is a wing diver isn't on I feel it. They kill ships and frogs so good.

Attached: AD placements.webm (800x450, 2.92M)

RE: People struggling on mission 6 Hard for Air Raider
I just did it without picking up any healing items or using any vehicles just to see how it went and I only took this much damage, so I can't imagine how you would have trouble with it normally. Did you all stand under the Genocide Gun or try to do it in solo online lobbies or something?

Anyway if you're still struggling just go for a similar loadout to this; low-cost strafing runs work wonders because the drones don't have very much health to begin with, and with two Whale cannon strikes you can alternate between the two of them to never have to worry about downtime, and since they pierce you can also sometimes get multiple drones with them
Stuff like the Neutralize Cannon and the Autocannon also work in a pinch but I wouldn't recommend them because they generally only take down one guy at best, plus they're blocked by buildings which the regular Cannons aren't.
Basically any vehicle works because if you're this new it's primary function is to give you more emergency HP by jumping in it when you get low and driving around picking up health kits. Only bring a Naegling if you think you can actually kill things with it, i.e. you know to do things like call it a decent distance BEHIND your allies so that less enemies will attack it because otherwise it will blow up instantly.

I don't really see the problem
He has the spears for mobs of weak enemies and large hard targets and then the launchers for air units, what's the issue

Attached: 20190714215425_1.jpg (1920x1080, 701K)

Fencer is the strongest class bar none, of course everyone is going to jerking it off.

Air Raider seems the most played online, though. He's fucking strong too, and a lot of fun.

All the classes are upgraded from 4.1, though. There's not a huge difference. Even ranger turns into God with lategame equips.

Won''t the ayys wreck your shit on inferno? People say 62 is good because you can cheese it by staying in the parking garage.

Are the multiplayer and singleplayer missions the same?

yes

Yes.

Limpet snipers are the only decent limpet guns for anything other than 'a single ant got past my airstrikes and I don't have enough credit to use anything else'
They're still incredibly rarely worth bringing though because why are you sniping as Air Raider, that's Ranger's job
Your job is to hit God in the face with an ICBM

Multiplayer has 2 extra missions between 108 and the mission where you fight the mothership.

I'm on 44 hard. Still using the hounds. There's nothing better yet. I might switch to my High Altitudes once they're 10, but yeah.

>Check steam page
>First review says ">No season pass"
>But 70 dollars of dlc is a-okay apparently
???

guys how do I play wingdiver? I was playing alone and having a lot of fun with this class but then I went online with some of my friends and they're calling in nukes and shit constantly and all I have is a dinky lil lasers picking off one enemy at a time.

Attached: 1542853070424.gif (273x253, 10K)

It's all low level meme items that you would never use anyway

I'll tell you what kicks ass in this game. The Ranger's Grenade Launcher.

well, he was dashing around like he was hot shit
His second gear item was something that buffed shields while never equiping a shield
Arm hounds are legit the worst thing on a Fencer, it makes you stand still for hours while you launch attacks that won't one shot the enemy
He could have been experimenting with other weapons during this time trying to find something that was actually good
Might even have found out that dash jump is better than just dashing
I didn't want to say anything because it was his lobby but I really shouldn't have carried him through all those missions

How are you still alive?

why would you care about gear that you replace an hour in?
The weapon DLC is pointless. I got the fencer item with dashes because people said that was worth it and still replaced it after mission 30 or something.

THE ALIENS SHOULD BE WEAK TO WATER

BUT THEY ARENT

Attached: frog tech.jpg (794x674, 92K)

Uh, upgraded they lock on near instantly and still 2 shot frogs. You should be firing them, swapping, zoom away, and swap back to reload while flying and repeating. You can kite forever like that.

>tfw getting volun-told to help out with my folks at a camp as a counselor for the week
C'est la vie

Is it really more fun to play online ? God im autistic, heres things going through my mind :
1. Installed the fitgirl repack but too dumb/scared to figure out how to play online, like do I just have to install Steam and leave it like that or do I need to do something with the files of NODVD folder. If I fuck up I bet I'll have to redownload/reinstall the whole thing
2. I feel like its more fun to do the missions in order and not just join random missions
3. Will it be a chore to join missions, feels like it takes half the fun if I have to keep on trying to join good lobbies just to have one fun mission every 30 minutes
4. I wish I could play splitscreen like I used to in EDF 2017 back in the days but im friendless now and dont want to call up my little brother to come at my appt. because Im scared he wont actually like the game and anyway its gonna be a chore to do multiple sessions. also he can get pretty emotionless at times
5. If I play online I will feel obligated to play with keyboard/mouse to be better, but Ive always played comfily on my couch with a controller

Don't forget they still oneshot wasps on 4 player hard lmao

Good balancing there, game.

>swap back to reload while flying and repeating. You can kite forever like that.
I thought I was super clever when I figured that out.

Lightning bow seems to be the go to option this time. Works great against everything until you want some burst damage to shoot around corners in which case there are different options depending on your preference. I kind of miss old rapier and that lazer saw. It was fun to fly near hector and cut him from above while he does a funny spastic dance.

EDF DLC is literally always almost completely useless
it is joke DLC
that's why half of it are things like fucking waifu pillows

Unless they've changed them significantly from 4, Arm Hounds fire nearly instantly so you can dodge away faster, have a wide blast radius and dual-wielding them is more effective because it stacks double the missiles onto a target to make up for their lower individual damage, meaning if you land all 12 missiles in a pack of ants the whole group takes damage from all 12 missiles at once
It's really good against fliers especially
Dual spears is completely viable too, if he was just thrust-dashing around everywhere he's probably an old Fencer main who isn't used to being able to literally fly yet

>HAILs now have a jump booster
>if you fire them while heading downwards from a jump they hit the ground and kill you
fuck

Its the little details that make EDF so great

Attached: high quality reflections.jpg (1920x5400, 3.91M)

Once you go to Inferno you will be aiming to get to the second pillbug exploit mission. On the first playthrough the Hard heavy cosmos are a joke compared to normal ones and can either be shredded by a gunship or blasted with twin hand cannons. An AR would be able to use a Grape to grab everything more quickly though.

Fencer has spoiled me. Now I cant play any other class because I feel slow as fuck.

Air Raider is good if I need to nuke shit from orbit, but anything else feels like shit.

>air raider robots move like garbage, while fencer moves like a gundam

I wish they would make air raiders robots better.

>5. If I play online I will feel obligated to play with keyboard/mouse to be better, but Ive always played comfily on my couch with a controller

No one gives a fuck as long as you're not fucking up the game.

I'm finding SP more fun than MP because things don't take 50 years to kill, is it just because I'm undergeared? Are you meant to run through SP once before you play MP?

>450 hp
That's like what, two wipeouts?

You can play with a controller just fine
Make a copy of your game folder if you're scared of fucking up
Having a good teammate leave on you is the worst feeling, because there's a 50/50 chance a total shitter will replace him
Doing the missions in order IS more fun, just make the lobby yourself and wait for people

neat but I saw a EDF 2025 map in one of the reflections on a window in a city, like lmao

wipeout damage is dependant on how badly you wipe it out. You'll lose almost no bike health if you crash slowly, but will take a large chunk if you try a diving board flip/spin combo off a ledge and don't actually land on the wheels.

Pretty much

I can't tell you how happy I was to see Cake House Nishimura back
My friend insists that Iron Rain's better because 'the graphics are better' despite every building in that game looking like a fucking gray block with square windows poked out of it and every time I look at that fucking cake shop I think of it and shake my head in dismay

It's for balance reasons, same reason why helicopters control like shit
They're intentionally made slow and awkward because if they weren't players would break the game over their fucking knee with them

Yes, probably
Shit in multiplayer has considerably more health so I wouldn't recommend playing through it on normal mode because everything'll take fucking forever to kill, play through on Normal in SP if you want but I'd say at least play on Hard in multiplayer lobbies
The other players being around to save you if you die will more than make up for the extra difficulty
Don't let it stress you out either way, people don't really care if you die a lot in EDF

Thanks but I guess it just makes me want to be more competitive if I play online.

Aight thanks.

>they gave helicopters a gas value, essentially a time limit
This is some bullshit. All they had to do was fix the handling. And don't say "it's for balance reason" because they're still slow and awkward at low levels and there are now frogs with shotguns and laser rifles that move fast. Once I get the max copters I'm giving myself infinite gas if it still sucks.

How do I go fast as fencer? Should I use shotgun and melee together in the same set?

Thanks, Doc.

It is for balance reasons
Even with the shitty controls helicopters in 4 were retardedly good and were the lynchpin of SEVERAL cheese strats
You also get more fuel than it should be humanly possible to use unless you're dicking about for 20 minutes doing absolutely nothing

Do certain maps drop certain weapons, or do they all have chances to drop all weapons? If it's the former is there a guide that explains what drops where? I'm already forgetting what dropped where.

>Once I get the max copters I'm giving myself infinite gas if it still sucks.

Dont be such a faggot. You should be spending all your ammo in the helicopter before it even runs out of gas anyway, and then just call in another one.

Those strats were essential. I don't know if it maintains this pace, but this game dumps way more enemies on you at once. The first Eros copter went from 18k to 10k gas just lifting off and flying over a small chunk of the map because they're so slow.