Is there a future for this series in the west?

Attached: Sakura_Wars.jpg (600x600, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

frontlinejp.net/2019/06/26/shin-sakura-wars-new-information-released-june-2019/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wasn't the new one confirmed for western release?

Yes?
The new game(reboot) is releasing in the west.

who knows. the west didn't get pretty much any of them translated before.

frontlinejp.net/2019/06/26/shin-sakura-wars-new-information-released-june-2019/
>Shin Sakura Taisen will be released for the Playstation 4 in Japan in winter 2019, and in the west in spring 2020.

>inb4 retarded americans throw retarded fits about racism/sexism and the series never comes to the west again

>and that would be fine

It's Sega we're talking about.
They kept going with Valkyria Chronicles, they'll do the same with this.

yeah, but that doesn't mean it'll sell well

They know it's a niche game, they aren't expecting MH:World-tier sales.
That's why they cut development cost as much as possible so it'll always break even.

>>inb4 retarded americans throw retarded fits about racism/sexism and the series never comes to the west again
>implying this isnt both an Amerifat and Europoor thing

Depends how well the reboot does, they're certaintly putting more heart into it than they did with 5, so if it does well enough they might bring the good ones over, though doubtful given how much shit theyd get over some of it.

My country vidya journalists never push the dumb articles I see regularly pop up here.
Sometime they make articles about Americans being mad at videogames however, relaying the kotaku shit they see.

I'm hoping they do a remaster in Japanese

Feel like iris/coq will cause too much shit for them to go through with it. Be nice though. Remaster in japans not too unlikely if this goes well

Is there a future for the west?

Attached: 0836cd466b5c9b1f8af27b63e346569f18a3c8075d05489b44cb80de4cd680d2.jpg (520x403, 73K)

>but-but europeeans do it too!
Pathetic

Naturally, now that the series is presentable.

Attached: Aizen.png (680x451, 302K)

Is there a future?

The new game will come out and people won't buy it because they'll think it's one of those shovelware Sakura fake anime westernshit VNs.

Use this instead

Attached: D3ooLk7UIAAuR8p.jpg (1532x1088, 413K)

The new game doesn't look that great so far, and the old ones were literally like playing through a 90s anime OVA, so I can't see the series taking off.

I'd hate remasters. Unless literally all they do is haul the old production cels out, which they probably don't even have anymore, and recapture everything in 4k, I've got zero interest in remasters.

No, without a romancable Sumire the series is doomed to fail.

Attached: 55431.jpg (321x500, 69K)

I really just want the games on pc in a way that works on windows 10. Although, I'd miss being able to pause like I can on the Dreamcast emulator so I can take my time reading the options. Now that I think about it I would probably not be having a good time playing the game normally.

Think the ps2 remake/port dud this already but id be hapoy if they just ported the old games into 1 and changed 1/2's battles to 3/4s style, worst part of the 1st 2 games is how long those maps could take

You can always just run them through a VM, that's what I do on 7. Pausing is for casuals though, a good half of the fun is in the options, especially when 2 introduces stuff like options disappearing if you're not super decisive.

Pretty sure the video quality is unchanged between the versions.

Sumire was romancable in the earlier games, dude. Having her be romancable by the new protag would piss off old fans who picked Sumire's route.

Yeah, but if I didn't pause I'd only be able to read the first option before time runs out.

No shit, but let me romance her all over again. We all know they aren't going to include a canon partner for Ogami because players would get pissed about it, so the only way to abate my lust is to romance the new Sumire from a route where Ogami was a homosexual.

Unpopular opinion: I really like Kubo's art.

Could always make it a dialogue option on who he got with, doubt theyd do it, but thad be an easy way for whoever the player wanted to win.

The West eats up stuff of objectively worse quality, I'd say Sakura Taisen has a pretty good chance. Personally I just want it to sell well so they decide to necro more old IPs. Particularly, Jet Set Radio but I wouldn't be unhappy with NiGHTS or Burning Rangers either.

i don't think that's an unpopular opinion at all. i hear from most people that if anything his character designs are striking

I like Kubo's art too. It's just weird seeing it on non-Bleach media.

Attached: Stern.Ritter.full.1930804.jpg (1568x1145, 1.25M)

Strikingly shit maybe

I'm sure it wouldn't take that long for people to find out that it's an actual game though.

Attached: konosuba__thinking___darkness_edition_by_juywu-dbvyfpp.png (600x632, 253K)

>sumire
good taste my friend
>tfw started out with kouran and reni but ended up becoming a sumirefag

It doesn't translate well in 3D

Attached: elmaperson.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Is there?

I hate that not only do I have to buy a PS4 for this, but I have to import the game from Japan, or worse, buy digitally. Why can't nips just fucking release shit on PC already?

It will release on PC.
Sega did the same with VC4 and could only tell people to "stick around" until the PS4 version released.

Fuck waiting half a year and then getting some shitty port. And to make matters worse, VC4 didn't even get JAPANESE LANGUAGE SUPPORT for 6 months on top of that.

I can't support a company this fucking retarded.

If they market Shin Sakura Taisen cleverly it might even reach some decent niche popularity, afterall dating sim jrpgs are all the rage nowadays.

>VC4 didn't even get JAPANESE LANGUAGE SUPPORT
??
I played it on release, all in Japanese audio.

Attached: 20181001075147_1.jpg (777x588, 314K)

>audio
That's not Japanese language support, buddy. I'm talking menus and subtitles here, and it took them 6 months to add it because they were terrified of people buying the PC version instead of the PS4 one.

Sakura Wars is dumb 90s waifu shit.

Well, the blame is on Sony anyway for having bad business practice.
I can't blame Sega for securing some funds so the niche franchise can live on.

Yeah and it's going to for the PS4 which means it's worthless.

>waifu shit
There is no such thing.

Everybody poops, user. Everybody.

Ok, but there still isn't such a thing as waifu shit.

bleach sequel is looking good