Say hello to your smash reboot roster

say hello to your smash reboot roster

Attached: smash reboot.png (432x165, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PctzdpMQnzU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_&_Watch_games
sourcegaming.info/2018/06/20/smash-is-special-part-1-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-557/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>cutfags

>smash bros making it into smash bros

say hello to your smash reboot rooster

Attached: smash64roster.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

GET RID OF PUFF ITS JUST KIRBY 2

Say hello to your Smash reboot roster.

Attached: 1558232069898.png (1632x1103, 3.92M)

Sakurai literally said that if there's another smash game, there will be cuts to the roster; it won't have as many characters as Ultimate

Say hello to your smash reboot toaster it's just Shulk

Attached: Shulk_pic.png (415x321, 157K)

Weeb.

Didn't mean to reply to oops.

Sorry bros, actually meant to post this one.

Attached: 96BDBC98-7060-4D39-AE08-EB482B511595.png (1500x916, 1.63M)

Source?

>only one newcomer
That really wouldn’t go over well, even if king boo is based.

>ridley, ness, k rool, fox, falco, captain falcon, and any third party that isn't sonic returning
retard

>Keep Rosalina
>Add King Boo

He isn't going to cut it to the size of fucking Melee, though. It's probably going to be some number between Smash 4 and Ultimate

why not? cutting the roster down to one third of ultimate's size is the perfect way to reboot the series

cut rosalina and boo
add mega man and pit

People buy Smash for the roster. There isn't much they could do to make it up to people if they cut that many characters. The whole reason they did 'everyone is here' is specifically because of how upset people get at cut characters. Additionally, Brawl and earlier had a much smaller team than they do now. They have the resources to do a large roster AND any extra content you think the would add instead.

Bullshit you faggots would have whined like no tomorrow if I took those out. Besides 90% of those are staying. Falcon and Ness will stay because they’re new franchises that people love too much to get rid of. Falco is staying, or else we’re getting a new character in his place like andross. And those third partues are fucking safe, especially PAC MAN of all characters.

We are not getting a melee sized roster for a reboot you mongoloid.

Not the guy who made that roster, but why do incels seethe over king boo so hard?

>Banjofags

Real talk, why the fuck is Banjo playable? He’s an irrelevant character from a dead franchise

Actual iconic characters like Bomberman, who has over 70 games mind you is only an assist trophy, but these ugly eskimos who have only 1 game, gets to be playable?

Unfucking acceptable, you can't seriously defend this

>olimar & louie
what the fuck?

Attached: image.jpg (677x461, 79K)

Explain to me what exactly you think they're going to be adding to the series to justify needing a "reboot". Cutfags are mentally ill, Sakurai just said getting all the 3rd parties for another game might be difficult because by then the deals will have expired and they'd have to renegotiate.

Not seething at all, I just find it odd that actual main characters were cut but that Mario enemy is in.

This. Cutting half the roster will cause riots. People say 'reboot' without actually specifying what that actually means.

>smash reboot discussions

Attached: Wojak neck.png (645x729, 32K)

Tell me that down b aint cash

Because they can't come up with an objective argument against him. He's relevant, he's unique, he's a first-party Nintendo character. So they just get angry instead since they can't call him irrelevant, impossible, undeserving or whatever other terms people used to say about K. Rool and Ridley.

So uh... user, you DO realize there will be MAJOR cuts, right?

Attached: 1561839389122.png (334x367, 34K)

sorry guys, wrong picture, here's the real reboot roster

Attached: untitled_2.png (1200x675, 745K)

>Implying they’ll cut Wario, Ness, Zelda, Falcon, and Ike
Why are cutfags so silly

Oh good, my main didn't get cut.

King boo is the main villain of an entire series. If king boo is a hat boo just because he IS a boo, then mario is a hat human goomba equivelant.

>Cut fags got BTFO with ultimate they morphed into Reboot fags

Attached: KING BOO AINT HAVING IT.jpg (399x507, 37K)

Have you played a Pikmin game before?

>cuts
Yes
>MAJOR cuts
No evidence. The appeal of Smash is the roster and having as many characters from different franchises interacting with each other.

Perfect. Those stinkfags won't know what hit em.
Fuck smash and
FUCK smash "discussion"
*siiiiiiip

King Boo is the main villain of a spinoff where he doesn't really have any real presence besides being the final boss. He's more notable for being good in double dash than anything he did in Luigi's mansion.

>Sakurai
>caring enough to make Wario’s classic outfit his default
kek

Waluigi is a shoo-in no matter what, so I don't care what happens with the roster.

Attached: D9b8BFyVUAApgee.jpg (960x1200, 113K)

I know. I was mocking cutfags.

>louie is a level 9 cpu that you can throw and can pluck his own pikmin

Careful! You might turn him into the next K Rool.

When he said this he meant shit like 3rd party characters like Snake and garbage like pichu/young link/Chrom, not most of the unique first party characters.

Nigger he’a precent throughout the game in each fucking one what are you talking about? He has more screen-time than Bowser does in 90% of all Mario games.

Have you ever played a Luigi’s Mansion game?

Attached: A60D891A-3544-43E5-BE39-25CBFB98AC93.gif (288x377, 1.83M)

He's pretty much the next Ridley. They are running out of Nintendo characters and he actually has a high demand.

You jest, but King Boo has more presence in even the first Luigi's Mansion than K. Rool does in any of the original three DKC games.

Louie could act like another Pikmin that has way more HP, like captains do in Pikmin 3, or he can be the ultimate version of ice climbers where you throw him out and now you’re throwing out pikmin from two different directions.

This. Anti-KingBooFags are literally retarded.

>There are people who think any of the original 12 will be cut

Attached: get_a_load_of_this_guy.jpg (635x500, 215K)

You say this while also ignoring that he's going to show up at the beginning of 3 more prominently

what do you niggers even mean by reboot? Is smash going to finally become a traditional fighter? Is it going to go anime arena fighter? Mini golf? What the fuck are we supposed to discuss in this thread?

It's a buzzword they are saying so it makes their ridiculous cutfag ways seem justified. They have yet to respond to anyone asking this.

about time question man got his time to shine

Based and Redpilled.

Attached: vlcsnap_2018_12_05_19h56m14s700-1.jpg (121x88, 10K)

I want a new kirby rep, I’m personally leaning towards gooey and bandana dee.

Dumb quotafag.

Now everybody’s happy

Idk man Jigglypuff ain’t feelin so good

I would actually buy this, just take out two smash characters for Peach and Zelda and I’ll take it.

>he doesn't know
jigglypuff was on the chopping block multiple times in the past, it very well could (and should) happen

youtu.be/PctzdpMQnzU

Cutfags are just jaded rosterfags mad their character didn't get in so they screech other characters shouldn't either.

Cutfags are mentally ill.

keep everyone on top

cut everyone on bottom

Attached: 1545777156725.png (672x550, 488K)

Is it really too hard to imagine people just like speculating what the next game will be like?

Why in the FUCK would you EVER reboot an already wildly popular and successful game?

Can the reboot meme die already? Yes, there will most likely be cuts in the next game, but we're not losing 50 goddamn characters for 10 or less new ones.
The cuts will probably just be clones, flavor of the month characters, and maybe a few third parties.

yes and?

>B-b-but Jigglypuff once was almost cut three games ago!!!!!!
I've also been seeing a lot of relevancyfags, salesfags, and first party gatekeepers creep into "reboot" retardation recently.
>Lucina should replace Marth because muh Awakening sales
>remove retro reps because muh relevance
>(I feel that first party gatekeeping explains itself)

What quota, My favorite game series is Kirby and there are so many great choices. Gooey and Bandana Dee are my favorites.

That's not what's going on and you know it otherwise we'd be able to get a clear answer from people what they want from a reboot besides cuts.

This. Stop thinking that the next title will have so many cuts that only 20 are left. The very least we should expect is a couple of the clones and third parties not making it.

Part of me wants to see the game get a reboot just to see all the salt that comes from it. Hell, cut one of the original 12, the salt would be great.

My version I removed the characters for said reasons

Mr G&W: the next smash won’t have any hardware reps

Ice Climbers: as unique as they are, nobody would be excited to play as them again.

Ryu: Camcom reps are cut next game, sonic and Pac-Man are the only third party (namco do develop the next game and Pac-Man represents the arcade era.

Banjo: is a one off character he won’t ever return.

Attached: 98C6CB15-845F-4FAB-9F00-62996052714C.jpg (1024x692, 148K)

This. We will lose Corrin and Incineroar for a new FE character and new Pokemon, and we will lose characters like Pichu. That's pretty much it. Maybe lose a few 3rd parties depending on company relations and management.

Brainlets think cutting half the roster will make them put effort into other stuff like single player modes and balancing, but you know damn well it wouldn’t make a difference, not is that even necessary for getting that done. They’re essentially asking for what’s happening right now with the new Pokémon games.

It’d work just fine. Every Pikmin game after the first has multiple captains at once. Having it repped in Olimar’s moveset, with Olimar getting a revamp in general is a no brainer.

Have sex, if the next smash had one character nobody would fucking buy it.

Why would we lose Corrin and Incineroar? They're both non-clone non-echoes. Did we lose Greninja from 4 to U and I didn't notice?

They were added purely for shill purposes and will be cycled out for the next shill characters.

Why would they be cycled out?

Ultimate had every character anyways and by the time the next Smash rolls around they will have new characters to promote, and Corrin and Incineroar were both pretty much added to promote new games.

because you are a cuck. simple as that

There will definitely be cuts next game, but they won’t do a fucking reboot. They’ll probably just cut clones and characters nobody plays that aren’t very important. They’re not going to go hogwild and start cutting beloved characters for shits and giggles. Also why do cutfags hate third parties and retro reps so much?

>cutting out jigglypuff
not happening

>Boofags
imagine wanting a sphere with nubs because you think Luigi's Mansion needs any representation outside of Luigi himself
imagine thinking he's more vital to the Mario cast than Kamek or Toad

Attached: this guy.png (398x378, 112K)

They would be cycled because they take up development time that could be used on new characters that would fulfill the purpose they can't fulfill anymore. No need to promote Fire Emblem Fates a decade after the fact. It's better to promote Fire Emblem: Worms Odyssey for the Nintendo 65Xl Lite or whatever the new game will be at that time.

Lmaoing at people who're cutting ANY original 12

>Character is from a new game therefore it will be cut

I'm not seeing any logical connection here.

I was just confused about why there one character

>not a single mention of a Custom Robo rep in these threads

Attached: u33ejkqprtsz.png (639x544, 548K)

I personally hope they’re cut just to see all of the goddamn salt, it would be fucking great.

>why do cutfags hate third parties and retro reps so much?
There seems to be a significant overlap between cut/rebootfags and relevancyfags. Only first parties who have had a game in the last five years are allowed because reasons.

Say hello to your Smash reboot roster.

Attached: roster.jpg (1380x519, 766K)

Flaws

>Pauline as a semi clone for peach
>Koopalings over Bowser Jr
>Yoshi is fine, but fuck the babies
>Diddy and Dixie in one
>Mona
>keeping Mr G&W and R.O.B, the next game won’t have hardware reps
>Olimar and Louie in one character and a fucking plasma wraith, Olimar is fine representing pikmin alone
>falco would probably be a costume
>too many third party, sonic and Pac-Man are the only third party (namco do develop the next game and Pac-Man represents the arcade era and sonic because he’s sonic.

Flaws with costumes
> baby fucking Luigi
>demoting bowser Jr to costume
>darkpit probably won’t return unless palutena would
>Brittany...nah we’ll probably keep alph.

Pic related is it fixed with the flaws I mentioned.

Attached: FE4DF5FA-B7C5-44E5-AE8C-E67E50ADB671.jpg (1024x625, 120K)

>wanting cuts for salt
Absolute retard

Look fellow Custom Robo bro, it's time to move on. The guy who made it doesn't work at Nintendo anymore. We got a Mii Costume, we did better than some other characters.

Never say never, but I don't think it's happening anytime soon.

Attached: thumps_up_phi-brain.gif (320x180, 445K)

>cutfags are so retarded they think Nintendo would reboot one of their most popular series after the best selling entry yet
Can’t make this shit up, folks.

>Sakurai: Super Smash Bros Ultimate has everyone, this was the main priority of the game and we were barely able to do it after we were forced to cut characters from the past two

Anti cutfags on v: Oh so what hes saying is from now on every smash game will feature every character.

>cutting the miis
>keeping ness
>keeping erdrick
yikes

Why would they cut Ridley, dope?

>Sakurai: It was really difficult to get all the characters back between the 3rd party negotiations and dev time, so it might not be possible to get all the characters back for next game

Cutfags on v: Oh so what hes saying is the next smash game is going to be a reboot with 1/2 the roster following my own arbitrary rules

He's just a butthurt rosterfag, notice how those two characters came out when everyone was expecting something else?

erdrick should stay in.

Smash's gameplay has gotten stale after this long. They either need to make the jump to 3D or reboot or it's going to be boring

you're right, should reserve judgement until I try playing him after release

Have sex, you have shit taste.

Those characters weren't added for their popularity, they were added as advertisements.

Totally gotten stale to the millions of people who play it lmao.

>buffet adds shit to the menu

>lmao butthurt pizzafag I bet you wanted burgers.

>stale
How so? And what could be done to change that that would make cutting half the roster necessary?
>3D
No

Have sex, you have terrible tastes.

So? Sakurai won't even declone Ganondorf because people are attached to the character in Smash but you guys think he's going to cut unique characters because they are ONLY some of the most well known characters in their own series, get a grip.

Attached: 1534138090371.png (306x538, 71K)

Corrin is going to end up like Roy some day because he was added for the same purpose, and the fact that Corrin is unique is precisely why he is likely to get cut. Unique characters take more time. We will probably see all the echoes return next game because they're easy.

Fates is the best selling FE game of all time so far with gameplay that is near universally praised as being some of the best in genre, it is easily one of the FE games most deserving of its representation.

All I ask is just one CR rep over a throwaway FE rep.

It’s actually because he’s an important main character to a franchise and has a wide variety of interesting and unique powers.

>toad
>fucking KAMEK
>vital to the mario cast
Oh shit nigger what are you doing?

>Thing I like food
>Thing I don't like poop

Well if this popularity actually holds up by the next time the next Smash rolls around, then maybe Corrin could return, but in the meantime, there is plenty of chances for Fates to be usurped. Besides, the reason why Fates sold so well is because it was split into 3 games. Also, Conquest is the only one I ever hear get praised for its gameplay.

See I didn’t make that post, but this is shows a good idea as to what Olimar and Louie together could do.

Here's the REAL reboot roster

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-184817_YouTube.jpg (2220x1080, 644K)

>important
lmao he's barely featured outside of a handful of spinoffs

>Toad
>been in nearly every Mario game since his introduction in SMB1
>playable in a ton of games and even has his own series
>Kamek
>Bowser's right-hand man and recurring villain/side-villain
>not vital
absolute state of boofags

>Pauline as a semi clone for peach
It’d work better than you think. All she needs are a few specials replaced with things relating to mini marios and she’d be a pretty cool fighter.
>Koopalings over Bowser Jr
That was to cement the fact that Bowser Jr. is getting a moveset rework that focuses on the koopalings.
>Diddy and Dixie in one
Its what sakurai originally wanted and it would make them far more unique while also letting both diddy and dixie be in a rebooted slimmed down roster
>keeping Mr G&W and R.O.B, the next game won’t have hardware reps
You don’t know that. Besides both are incredibly important to nintendo’s past.
>Olimar and Louie in one character and a fucking plasma wraith, Olimar is fine representing pikmin alone
Fuck off. The Pikmin series is growing, Olimar and Louie being in a revamped Olimar moveset makes perfect sense and the Plasm Wraith is set to be a reoccurring thing.
>falco would probably be a costume
Falco is much taller than fox
>too many third party, sonic and Pac-Man are the only third party (namco do develop the next game and Pac-Man represents the arcade era and sonic because he’s sonic.
Based on fucking what?

>darkpit probably won’t return unless palutena would
He’s a recolor
>Brittany...nah we’ll probably keep alph.
Brittany is the alt costume over Louie that goes with Olimar’s alph.

inb4 they make melee HD to buy time to work on the next series of the game with a continued roster from ultimate.
Or just continue ultimate with graphics updates and engine updates/ mechanics changes

>Cutfags still seething after a whole year

Attached: ComeOnNow.png (320x442, 129K)

>reboot
Every fucking game in the series is basically a reboot, this is a fucking buzzword.

I would be so happy about an Ultimate Deluxe that had an extra fighter pass or two worth of content as well as maybe a new mode or two and/or an extension to World of Light that incorporates all the DLC spirits into small seperate worlds.

He’s featured in literally almost every spinoff what are you talking about?

>thinking the right hand man who only shows up every now and then and who is literally just an enemy with a name is more important than the main villain of his own series.

>salt
>salt
>salt
>DUDE LE EPIC SALT XD

Attached: 3b6.jpg (906x1024, 66K)

>No Ridley or Rool
Nah, eat shit. If that happens I won't bother with it and just stick to Ultimate.

>It’d work better than you think. All she needs are a few specials replaced with things relating to mini marios and she’d be a pretty cool fighter.

I’m pretty sure the mario vs donkey kong Pauline is dead, they would base a moveset more her mayor version.

>That was to cement the fact that Bowser Jr. is getting a moveset rework that focuses on the koopalings.

Won’t happen, bowser jr will always be prioritised before the koopalings

>Its what sakurai originally wanted and it would make them far more unique while also letting both diddy and dixie be in a rebooted slimmed down roster

Doubt he’d go back to this, better to just add Dixie as an echo

>You don’t know that. Besides both are incredibly important to nintendo’s past.

Sure I don’t but I’ve got a feeling it would happen since they haven’t been in anything besides smash for the past two decades. Next smash will definitely cut characters who haven’t appeared in anything besides smash for more than 3 decades.

>Fuck off. The Pikmin series is growing

Where’s pikmin 4 huh, cunt, where is it. Hey pikmin flopped hard. You really think it’s growing now.

>Plasm Wraith is set to be a reoccurring thing.

A reoccurring thing in mario (Plant) makes sense for a playable character a reoccurring thing in Pikmin isn’t needed

You fuck off

>Falco is much taller than fox
Despite height he still just about plays the same doesn’t he?

>Based on fucking what?

Logical sense, a reboot would prioritise it’s roster on first party more then third party, we don’t need more than 2 third party.

>He’s a recolor
alright fine, he might stay then

>Brittany is the alt costume over Louie that goes with Olimar’s alph.

Fuck pikmin it doesn’t need to be repped beyond 2 characters Olimar and Alph

Me too

I fucking knew Stevefags would turn into Cutfags.

Super Famicom Bros.

Attached: NESFightinggame.png (1921x1774, 2.41M)

Screw the smash characters replace them with

>Peach
>Zelda
>Ridley
>K Rool
>Pac-Man

I dont want another, the last two were just iterations on brawl. I'd really be fine if ult was the last one. The forced hype over ult was so cringe as well, theres even less change between it and 4 as their was between 4 and brawl.

No, just no

Jigglypuff is so fucking lame to play against. Remove bitch.

they've always been salt/cutfags. bunch of autists.

>He’s featured in literally almost every spinoff
yeah as a non-playable entity that just shows up to cause trouble, he has a worse track record than fucking Petey
>ignoring that Kamek is one of the two main antagonists in the Yoshi series and responsible for most of the events of those games
>ignoring that Kamek still appears regularly outside of spinoffs

Link should be swapped for Young Link since Ultimate treats YL as the 'classic' depiction in most spirit battles and he doesn't use any tech stuff like BOTW Link does

this is the core smash roster, everyone else is disposable. one of Mewtwo/lucario will stay in, the other booted

Attached: smash core roster.png (2164x628, 1.75M)

Fair point.

And yet King Boo is the one that has been playable. Sad!

Cut Mario and you're good.

>

Attached: 15185.jpg (640x360, 32K)

>Fates is the best selling FE game of all time so far

*with 2 versions padding out sales and smash shilling

Cut G&W for another FE character and I’m happy.

every FE character is disposable aside from marth

>magikoopa

>literally named Kamek in-game

Honestly they should cut Marth too because FE has gotten overrepresented to the point where it would only be fair to remove all of it in the next few games.

>This is actually how cutfags think

It’s been a core since melee, Marth will never be the only FE rep he was joined by Roy in melee and Ike in brawl, someone else will join him next game.

that's obviously not going to happen

Yes, but it should. Sakurai has given almost everything to the FE franchise yet the fanbase still goes "WAAAH WHERE'S LYN" Even if all non-FE characters got cut and replaced with FE fanbase FE fans would still act as if they had no representation whatsoever, so they might as well remove FE entirely.

You posted this last time, and it still sucks. Why is there 5 Mario characters, and 3 Pokemon/zelda characters in a roster this small? One third party? One Kirby? What newcomers can justify this doo doo roster?

Not all cut fags I’m a cutfag/rebootfag who wants Marth to stay and one new FE newcomer.

>cutting any Nintendo characters
>not the shitty 3rd party wank
I'll take 9 Fire Emblem Lords and 12 different Goombas over Snoy trash like Snake, Cloud and Joker.

Attached: Democlown_SFM_TRANSPARENT.png (598x594, 465K)

>Banjo
Accept it zoomer, you wasted precious time shilling for a shitty character. Never listen to boomers again.

>buy smash reboot
>invite all my friends over
>"hey bro I'm so excited to play this..
hey wheres mega man? this is lame theres like no characters. let's go back to ultimate."

>buy ultimate 2
>invite all my friends over

hey why are there only 2 newcomers? Why is the gameplay barely changed? Why is there no singleplayer content?

>The absolute state of cutfags.
There won't be a reboot, and if there is, it will probably be more related to a gameplay sense and not in roster, my dude.

Attached: latest.png (633x651, 403K)

>banjo gets cut
>based roar stays
enjoy your reboot, rosterfags!

Attached: 1542944669909.png (243x234, 120K)

Attached: ed6.jpg (1273x766, 126K)

>dragonball z fan wants quantity over quality

who could've seen this coming

People would notice if Banjo left or stayed, same can't be said for BaraCat.

the big cope.

Least Banjo, like Classic Megaman, and Simon, are close enough to actual Nintendo characters.

Snake and Joker are straight nepotism.

The beautiful thing is that cutfags have already lost regardless. It will be many many years before we get another Smash game, and in the meantime we have Smash 'everyone is here' Ultimate that already made them btfo. They will be clinging on to the hope that they will someday get that lack of content they desire so much and will inevitably be destroyed once again next game.

It's true. I sometimes forget he's there while playing Ultimate. He wasn't even popular when Sun/Moon released.

>They will be clinging on to the hope that they will someday get that lack of content they desire so much

Ultimate has no content. The anti-cut fags are ridiculous because it's apparent if Sakurai offered 20 newcomers in exchange for Dark Pit they wouldn't take it.

To be fair, I at least have a clue what game lucina is from. I can't tell you what game marth is from if my life was on the line.

Also a LOT of the newcomers in Brawl and 4 that you're desperately clinging to wouldn't have made it in if those games didn't have cuts, see how Ultimate barely had any unique newcomers.

meanwhile in reality...

Attached: 1547770920861.jpg (1523x1181, 1.19M)

incineroar is the second character on the chopping block after joker

Why cut capcom. They have some of the most iconic characters

They would take that deal. What they wouldn't take is what cutfags propose, which is cut 50 characters in exchange for King Boo and basically nothing else.

OH NONONONONONONONO

>but I bought 1000 inceniroar plushies to cum on that means he's the next charizard noooooooo

Attached: b-b-b-b-b-but baracat is popular!!!!.jpg (1108x1386, 406K)

>Invite my friends over
>Why is there no singleplayer content?

>Also implying that porting already functional and great models to a new system wouldn't open up time for even more new characters and modes.

>They would take that deal.
No you wouldn't. Even in threads suggesting to cut even 1 character people go >cutting characters, as if it's this radical idea that isn't done by almost every long series of games with multiple characters.

>incineroar is fake
>incineroar will be irrelevant because decidueye will be the next greninja
>incineroar will be fire/fighting
>incineroar is "basically" fire/fighting!
>incineroar will never get into smash
>incineroar will be low tier in smash
>incineroar will get nerfed in smash
>incineroar will get cut from the next smash (YOU ARE HERE)
>incineroar will be forgotten in gen 8
>incineroar will be forgotten in gen 9
>incineroar will be forgotten in gen 10... r-right?

Attached: yourtears.jpg (720x576, 44K)

Pretty sure cloud is first followed by clones and retro reps

>incineroar will be forgotten in gen 8
this applies now

>>Why is there no singleplayer content?

I couldn't tell you how many people asked me if Smash 4 had a subpsace and got dissapointed enough not to buy it when I told them.

>>Also implying that porting already functional and great models to a new system wouldn't open up time for even more new characters and modes.

Just like it did for Ultimate, right?

cloud is probably gone but he has more staying power than joker. clones have a higher chance of appearing if anything since they take less dev time

The reason why people go >cutting characters is BECAUSE YOU ARE CUTTING CHARACTERS IN YOUR FANTASY DREAM ROSTER.

This. Greninja got a new form in Sun and Moon meanwhile Inceniroar isn't even guaranteed to be in Sword and Shield, kek.

I just wish that people are happy with what we've got instead of wanting to see characters actually get cut. I'd understand if it meant for a more drastic change in gameplay plus innovating old concepts like board the platform, break the targets, and maybe something else new. Other than that, I don't get it.

Attached: 64748515.jpg (320x320, 22K)

I doubt they'd get rid of any starter.

Oh god it's a portfag.

>It will be many many years before we get another Smash game

Gap between 64 & melee: 2 years
Gap between melee and brawl: 7 years but technically 4 and a half as brawl was first seen at e3 2006 so it’s development had already started
Gap between brawl and smash 4: 6 years
Gap between smash 4 and ultimate: 4 years

Yeah....5-6 years isn’t many many years user.

Because in fantasy dream rosters there aren't shitty characters that shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. Just like in my fantasy restaurant shit isn't on the menu.

Icelroar is unironically the first on the chopping block no matter which way you look at it.

I disagree with that. Persona 4 Mc was making appearances for 10 something year's until persona 5 and he had half the personality of joker. I can see joker maintaining some presence and staying in if atlus is easy to work with

fuck reboots

see you in 2025

Attached: Dream Smash Roster.png (720x550, 610K)

>Thing I like is food
>Thing I don't like is poop.

>Just like it did for Ultimate, right?
Correct. They added about 30 entire characters and a fuck ton of stages over Smash 4. Ultimate also has uniquely crafted Classic campaigns, the most in depth Stage Builder in the series, a 20+ hour story mode and several other things to boot.

We thought every gen would have all the pokemon forever but here we are.

Are you seriously implying ultimate had a significant amount of new characters and game modes?

joker is the only third party in smash to not be a historic icon, have strong history with nintendo, or both. I can tell you he's gone for sure

That represent what

Megaman : platforming, already represented by other franchises

Ryu: fighting, technically what half of smash is, the other half been party.

>No Rhythm Heaven
gay

Are you seriously implying they reused models from melee and brawl?

We’re obviously happy with what we got, we’re just looking at what to be prepared for when the next game comes around.

>Representationfags
>Salesfags

I think these are the two biggest groups of retards in Smash threads. "Sure the character is popular but what do they REPRESENT" fuck off retard.

Nope, most third party and retro reps are.

>Correct. They added about 30 entire characters and a fuck ton of stages over Smash 4.

>having to count smash 4

> Ultimate also has uniquely crafted Classic campaigns

Which requires no new assets whatsoever. They just pick a theme a set character path for you to fight.

>the most in depth Stage Builder in the series,

Added FIVE MONTHS after launch

> a 20+ hour story mode

Which had to scrap jpegs from other games, it's basically event mode(something Ultimate also scrapped) except extremely stretched out and less variety.

I forgot all about RH

in terms of first party characters, yeah

Alright Sakurai. Also while joker might not be on the level of ryu, id say he's more recognizable than any of the dq boys and persona is a rising franchise. We'll see how the next game does in sales.

Fuck ports, can’t wait to see us cutfags/rebootfags launching at you in 2024, the year smash turns 25 years old, perfect year for the next game.

Melee was completely new, Brawl definitely re-used stuff from Melee and so did Smash 4 from Brawl. I'm not sure what your point is.

You got any reasoning for that?

>id say he's more recognizable than any of the dq boys
then I'd say you're wrong, DQ is far more popular while japan than persona while persona is only slightly more popular than DQ in the west

Found the fire emblem fanboy.

>the most in depth Stage Builder in the series
No, there are more materials, but still less mechanisms than Brawl.
>a 20+ hour story mode and several other things to boot.
No. There is nothing else, that's the problem. WoL is just less interesting events. The only good parts are the Master Hand playable segment and the final boss rush. There is no single-player content besides it (which has no replayability) and Classic.
There were tons of collectible in both Brawl (Trophies and stickers) and Smash 4 (trophies, custom moves and customization items). Ultimate suffered a huge downgrade on that.
I wish Sakurai went on the way of reducing the game to one-third of Smash 4's roster, as he said post E3 2018. We would have gotten more content, more new stages and certainly Banjo in the base game.

Since when has representing game types been that important? Going by that logic we should be dropping sonic (a platformer) for doomguy an fps. Also ryu represents classic arcade fighters something that smash is not, ryu is also more iconic than 90% of the roster and better than anything other than pacman.

Some characters on the roster are shitty choices, you'd have to be a Sakurai fanboy to think otherwise.

Sega should just take Sonic (and Joker) and make their own Smash clone

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-11-19-40-03.png (800x480, 330K)

>Conquest is the only one I ever hear get praised for its gameplay

The other two are on par with other FE games but contrarians will only praise Conquest because not praising Conquest automatically makes you look like an absolute retard. Also lol at butthurt Smashfags "b-b-but it's cut into two versions" like that matters for bottom line or the amount of content.

Laughing*

>the characters cut will probably be everyone I'm good with
>Zelda, the only safe character I have will probably be back to being absolute shit tier instead of mid
Such is the way of smash

Attached: 1513149994882.png (550x373, 75K)

whatever you need to tell yourself to cope. banjo's getting cut, based roar is staying in because sakurai loves cats and wrestling.

Attached: 1542589053686.png (497x362, 144K)

Don't separate them!

Attached: vUa6vR1.jpg (480x640, 86K)

>having to move the goalpost from banjo not being in smash ever to "w-well he won't be in a game coming out in 6-7 years!"

the ultimate cope.

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying that as a character joker stands out more as a character, than any of the dq protagonist who is a literal self inserts. Also at least in my experience persona is more recognizable to normies in the west. Obviously I can't speak for the east, although when I was in Japan I saw a decent amount of persona merchandise and a roughly equivalent amount of DQ stuff. But I wasn't in Japan a super long time. Although.dragonball and Eva stuff was literally everywhere

>all these people who want to actively remove content

why

Attached: smashkeep.png (1064x1330, 1.44M)

Common logical sense
A reboot roster would certainly focus more on adding most wanted first party characters they could easily replace the retro reps and third party characters.

>dq protagonist who is a literal self inserts
that's exactly what joker is

More like not at all, unless we got Ridley and K Rool too?

>Brawl cuts characters, gets tons of new content
>Smash 4 cuts characters, gets tons of new content
>Ultimate cuts nobody, barely any new content

Having a compilation game was cool one time, do you really think doing it twice in a row would be nearly as exciting?

Pac-Man is a more iconic arcade character than ryu.

Sonic is sonic, losing him is a stupid decision to make, but losing other third party is certainly a logical choice is some cases.

It would be made by sumo digital, imagine them handling a fighting/party game.

Have you played the game? That kid oozes personality and has a plot important backstory. Joker barely qualifies as a self insert, only a couple of things are self insert about him

Yes, such as the retro reps and at least half of the third party.

You aren't replying to me because you don't understand what I'm saying.

>>Also implying that porting already functional and great models to a new system wouldn't open up time for even more new characters and modes.
Just like it did for Ultimate, right?
(You didn't understand. If any models were directly ported into ultimate they could only be from smash 4, meaning that at the very least every single character that wasn't from smash 4 had to be fully remade as if they were a new character.)
Oh god it's a portfag.
(This is me calling you one of those trolls/retards that were calling Ultimate a port of Smash 4 before it came out.)
Are you seriously implying ultimate had a significant amount of new characters and game modes.
(Discounting clones Ultimate has a comparable amount to melee. If you subtract cuts it's on par with all of them Do you seriously play game modes beyond a couple times for the achievement?)
Are you seriously implying they reused models from melee and brawl?
(Here I'm accusing you of being so retarded as to think they don't have to make all new models for returning characters.)
Melee was completely new, Brawl definitely re-used stuff from Melee and so did Smash 4 from Brawl. I'm not sure what your point is.
(This text is worthless because it was made with no understanding. If you still don't understand after I've hand-fed you like this then you're too retarded to continue talking to. Which you probably already are but I have indigestion and nothing else to do.)

>Another Smash reboot roster
>Spamming/flooding

Attached: 1541803328251.png (710x772, 37K)

>Anybody cutting Mr. Game and Watch
Probably the biggest jokes in this thread
>B-But relevency
Way more relevent and significant to Nintendo than most other thins
>B-But sales numbers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_&_Watch_games

And those don't even count the gallery games. There are no legs to stand on for removing Mr. Game and Watch, especially when people wanna keep shits like Banjo in there for being "iconic"

yeah I played through all 90 hours of it, joker is a self insert who can even be named

>plot important backstory
he pushed a politician once, great character building

But pacman and street fighter are in no way similar games. I'm confused about your argument

He was dlc for a reason, so only his shitty Boomer faggot fans will buy him, he won’t ever be base game, he’s a guaranteed cut next game unless he comes back as dlc

if jigglypuff was wario this would be the most soulful select screen tbqh

Your keep list is bloated, could you remove some. Here’s my advice, retro and all but two third party.

>Ultimate cuts nobody, gets barely any new content
>Smash 4 cuts characters, gets tons of new content

Bro you ok? My Smash 4 was pretty much barren of content, but I don't play Smash for single player modes anyway so I didn't mind.

Not him, but if you think Joker is any more of a character than any of the DQ Heroes, then it sounds like you haven't played DQ. They have just as much personality and plot importance as Joker. Hell, Erdrick existed as a character before even becoming playable.

He’s 50/50 next game, he’s guaranteed cut or guaranteed remain, faggots like you need to realise his time is smash is up, time a most wanted first party took his slot.

The arcade genre only needs one rep, might as well pick Pac-Man the most iconic arcade character.

>Bro you ok? My Smash 4 was pretty much barren of content

Split between the 2 versions there's a pretty healthy amount of content, even then either version has comparable amount of modes to Ultimate. The difference is Smash 4 added a bunch of stages and newcomers.

dq heroes are total non-characters. they're replaceable. that's why they're collectively referred to as "the hero" and all the other games' main characters are the alternate costumes.

>rosterfagging this far out from the next entry
At least wait until the switch 2 is announced

Attached: 1529295586829.jpg (293x349, 65K)

Unless if the last 2 characters are an insane choice, Banjo's going to be the most bought DLC character.

Attached: 1562297203702.gif (264x264, 1.37M)

According to Sakurai, only a third of the veterans would have made it back if they actually focused on starting from scratch. However it's unknown if all the newcomers would have made it in.

There was more content in Smash 4 than in Ultimate. Two Order modes, more collectibles, more single-player modes, more customization for each character, a better online, and even Smash Run for the 3DS.

Stfu you have no evidence yet, joker crashed the eshop, nearly everyone in japan will be buying hero, not everyone in the west is buying banjo bet he’ll be 2nd or third at most.

>Retards cutting Ike - the most popular FE character worldwide
It's not happening lmao

>A better online

Now I know you're meming me. Smash run was cool but I'll take more stages+characters and a long single player mode over that stuff any day and so will most people.

And Persona characters aren't? Joker is equally as replaceable as the DQ heroes. People even speculated he would have Kasumi as an alt before he released. Persona characters are defined by the personalities you give them by your own dialogue choices. They are the definition of self insert. Don't act self important over a series you've never even played. I'll bet you the only reason they can't do a composite Persona character is because they have different weapons and Personas, not because they have distinct personalities. It's also why the DQ5 hero wasn't chosen as an alt despite his popularity; because he uses a staff.

Attached: herop4.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Are there people out there who really buy fighters individually?

Yes. I've seen people literally only buy Cloud for Smash 4.

I like when people start ranting over irrelevant shit like "but he's a self-insert" like that matters. Robin and Corrin are already in the game and you guys are arguing like self-insert characters can't get into Smash hahahahahahaha

>Taking out Captain Falcon - Mascot of Smash
>Removing ANY of the 64 characters
>No Ridley or King K Rool
>Keeping Sonic as the only 3rd party
OP is a massive faggot

Well then, banjo won’t have been base game.

I didn't buy the pass because I don't trust the options and the way it's going now I'm only going to get Hero and Banjo

The online in Smash for was more stable though, it's undeniable.

>Now I know you're meming me.
It's the truth. That's also one of the main complaints of the Smash community, since the online on Switch is worse despite having to pay to play online.

>Smash run was cool but I'll take more stages+characters and a long single player mode over that stuff any day and so will most people.
Except we didn't get a long single player mode at all. At best it'll take eight hours to complete WoL. The Subspace was longer and had more diversity in it.
And we only got four more stages. For a game about celebrating Nintendo, that's pretty weak, and of the 11 base game newcomers, 5 are pure clones, and one is a semi-clone. Fortunately K. Rool, Simon and Ridley made it in but it's not that fantastic either.

Guess links not a character since you can name him as well. Also joker does have great character development from some guy too scared to fight back against injustice because of his past, to someone who calmly and gleefully stands up against authority consequences be dammned

You are literally the one who started this you idiot. Once people flip your hypocrisy back in your face you get like "lol pathetic for arguing this haha"

>Joker is equally as replaceable as the DQ heroes.
not really. p5 would be a very different game with yu the gary stu instead of joker.
>People even speculated he would have Kasumi as an alt before he released.
smashfags are gullible enough to believe anything.

Here's your smash reboot roster

In the future, link, C.falcon, Fox, samus, and ness are going to be deemed too irrelevant and these will be the new 12 characters

Attached: roster.png (1386x356, 281K)

It wouldn't be different at all if you replaced Joker with Yu. Put a mask on him and there you go, same character.

Why? Most of the franchises currently in smash are platformers or rpgs. Why can't there be a character from one of the most popular franchises of all time who represents a genre not in smash. Like there is no reason to cut street fighter unless capcom being a dick. Plus SF has music that is 10x better than pacman

Sun and moon are not new games anymore. Keep coping as your bara furry icon gets cut.

they already weren't new games when he got in. keep coping, stay seething.

I’d gladly except this

Yu and joker have nothing in common. Literally look at the dialogue options for the 2 characters and they are completely different. All of yu's options are either straightforward or chad. All of joker is reserved or cheeky. Play the game homie

I've beaten both 4 and 5 and there isn't any difference. They all depend on the situation but dialogue options for all those still appear. You can be straightforward or chad in 5 and reserved and cheeky in 4.

So much low tier garbage as a starter. The only decent characters post nerf is Mario, DDD, and Diddy Kong. Why the fuck is Sonic there?

It really should've been Marth+someone from the newest FE so they're not so over represented.
>Melee: Marth+Roy
>Brawl: Marth+Ike
>4: Marth+Robin
Ult: Marth+Corrin or one of the 3 Houses characters

>Chaos
>Not Zavok
Dread him, run from him, he arrives all the same.

Bayonetta, Team Fortress, and Segata Sanshiro should be there. Replace Big with Emerl. Replace Silver with Blaze. Then it's 10/10

I disagree. There are multiple times in persona 4 where one of the dialogue options is so chad that you need boosted guts to say it. I can only think of ONE time in the entirety of persona 5 where you need boosted guts and that's when you're face to face with the main villain. I feel like that indicates some level of character difference between the two. Also I don't see how you can imagine a joker in persona 4's inaba, early game joker is a weirdo with baggage. I will say that yu feels more self insert that persona 3 protag or joker

>all those fucking cuts
>implying the most they'll ever do won't just be removing some of the harder to get third parties like Snake and maybe Cloud and keeping everyone else

fucking cutfags

Attached: Jaffar.jpg (216x338, 16K)

That’s not even me you retard. It’s one thing to argue about trends you can actually are among characters already in Smash, making a rule up that’s already broken is a whole other level.

Cloud unironically pays for himself.

They absolutely were though? They were the newest games in the generation. Keep cumming to gay bara furry porn though incel subhuman.

You're probably asking for the impossible. Bringing every veteran back was a mixed bag and it's clearly not going to last, so it's gonna be a scramble for who gets the priority.
Adeleine should be in Smash.

Yea that's why I said "maybe", he easily makes a ton of money on his own so it's unlikely. Square is just a bunch of cunts so we don't know.

Who the fuck would buy that after Ultimate?

>All these cutfags removing Ike despite the fact that he is the most popular Fire Emblem character and thus is not going anywhere

Attached: C-WquogUwAENByg.jpg (716x701, 75K)

>Why the fuck is Sonic there?

Why wouldn’t he be, he’s the only third party guaranteed a mainstay.
Megaman is questionable.
Pac-Man is 50/50.

this makes cutfags seethe

Attached: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DX.png (720x550, 902K)

Very boomer roster you have there.

Sakurai himself stated that, if he was in charge again, the roster would be reduced to one-third of its original state. Cuts are happening, not because the developers want to, but simply because they have no choice.

Source: my rectum

Source?

I can think of several times in Persona 5 where you need to have high guts, such as calling over your teacher to show up in a maid outfit, or talking to an arms dealer. I don't remember any times in Persona 4 where you need high guts because guts isn't a stat in Persona 4; it's called courage. The 'baggage' of Joker is just the fact that he has a reputation. If Yu had a reputation at the start of P4 there wouldn't be a lot of difference. Having a reputation made by corrupt politicians isn't a personality.

Christ, not you again.

what is it with incineroar haters and being obsessed with bara furry porn? why do you feel the need to work your fetish into every conversation?

sourcegaming.info/2018/06/20/smash-is-special-part-1-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-557/

>We had a choice between completely overhauling the game systems and feel, or working off of what we had established in the last game. We ended up going with the latter. If we went with the former, we might have ended up with only a third of the fighters we have now. Had we gone down that route, surely some fans would have complained and said, “I preferred the way it was last time.” We’ll have to face that decision again someday, but I decided that now was not that time.

It’s smash anyone would buy it.

Nobody. There's no way you can sell a game with 2/3rds of the roster gone on gameplay """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""improvements""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" and modes nobody fucking cares about. Normalfags would only see vastly less content they'll still buy it because it's smash but there would be outrage and even the most competitive diehard fans would be hesitant because those """"""""""""improvements"""""""""""""" aren't necessary at all and would just be pointlessly risking making a steaming heap of garbage that will forever be remembered as the moment smash jumped the shark.

That's literally saying "we might have had to do this but we didn't because people would have hated it"

REEEEE HAVE SEX REEEEEEE WE WON’T GET A PORT, HAVE SEX PORTNIGGER

Stay hydrated.

yeah, retards would buy it.

based and waterpailed

>Reading comprehension

Yes, for Ultimate, he went that route. But that's not going to last forever, in the same interview, he stated that it was really unlikely "everyone is here" would happen again. The name is a pretty good hint, "Ultimate" has the biggest roster Smash will ever be able to brag about. It's safe to assume a good bunch will get cut next game.

I'm talking about times where specific dialogue choices were locked behind courage/guts stat and not confidant interactions. Also no shit they would be more similar if you took something than made joker unique and gave it to Yu. The fact that you acknowledge that yu would need something to be able to be compared to joker only proves my point. I can see you saying yu is a self insert. But joker just isn't a blank slate, he's canvas that's seen some use

just have
>1. Mario
>2. Luigi
>3. Bowser
>4. Peach
>5. Yoshi
>6. Wario
>7. Link
>8. Zelda
>9. Ganondorf
>10. Pikachu
>11. Mewtwo
>12. Charizard
>13. Kirby
>14. DDD
>15. Meta Knight
>16. Samus
>17. Ridley
>18. DK
>19. Inkling
>20. Fox
>21. Olimar
>22. Captain Falcon
>23. Marth
>24. Little Mac
>25. Villager
>26. R.O.B.
>27. Sonic
>28. Mega Man
>29. Ryu
>30. Simon Belmont

this. this is exactly why pokemon is getting flack right now.

Yep it’s me! I’m enjoy this reboot threads as I get to share what I want for the next smash.

Hasn't he been on record saying a bunch of dumb shit about the next smash games(like not even doing them after a few) multiple times that just doesn't happen though?
Idk, like, he's not the most trustworthy in that regard.

>I’m enjoy this reboot threads
Fuck off ESL

Attached: next smash prediction.png (980x596, 964K)

nobody cares about your autism, billy

This! ;)

I can’t wait for the salt

In Brawl, he stated that he makes each Smash game as if it was the last one, so he wouldn't have any regrets.
But there is a limit to the workforce, they have around three years to make a Smash game, and even if Sakurai wanted to lie on that matter, the roster certainly cannot keep growing forever, else you'll have to cut even more content (trophies, custom moves and many sngle player modes were already sacrified).
It's possible, though, if the next team REALLY focus on the roster and stages, and only include the Classic mode as a single-player mode. Basically, going the Smash 64 route except with more songs, stages and characters.

What? Did everyone else stayed home because it was too cold?

Cut
>rob
>megaman
>ryu
>fucking Simon

Add

>pit
>palutena
>Isabelle
>Pac-Man

or just add stuff later like Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Have sex

Stay hydrated.

You keep saying that having a reputation is a unique character trait when it really isn't. If it is, then that proves MY point that the DQ Heroes are all just as unique from each other considering they all have significantly different circumstances. Eight is a part-dragon amnesiac palace guard on a quest to help a childhood friend. Solo had the entire village he grew up in destroyed protecting him as he ventured off gathering allies. These are circumstances too. If having a reputation is a personality trait, then so are these. Also confidant interactions ARE dialogue choices. I'm not saying Joker doesn't have any personality to him, I'm saying he doesn't have any more personality than the Heroes like you say he does.

Have sex

I guess I see where you're going.
Smash obviously takes a ton of work each time so having new characters added to an already huge roster would obviously take a decent amount of work. Though to just assume that it WILL be the roster exclusively taking cuts is kinda dumb.

Have sex

Drink water.

Good roster but way too much Mario drop peach or yoshi. Dk should get a second rep. I'd also drop marth for lucina and charizard for PT. Also where are the newcomers

hydrate and dilate

I never stated the roster was the only thing that's going to get cuts, stages certainly are too.
Counting variants, we have 300 of them. I think 40, 50 stages is the amount the next smash game will get, and the Battlefield + Omega forms will be goners.

Consume liquid.

Cutting 3 iconic video game characters for animal crossing dog and fucking palutena? Dog that is some shit taste

>Also where are the newcomers
They've been per-emptively cut to prepare for the next smash of course.

Ah ok, sorry, I assumed you were one of the people saying that it'd be that.

A reboot would prioritise first party over third.

I'm not the person you're arguing with, but asserting that Yu and Joker are the same character if you rob them of player input is ridiculous. I agree that the DQ Hero is just as deserving of being in, but Joker definitely has a slew of personality traits the player has no control over.

The only thing that makes me seethe with this is the amount of shitty character choices in it.

You have an opinion.

i fucking despise cutfags, but if they really had to reboot (which they wont) this is what i htink would be kinda fun if they just remastered smash 64, which again, will not happen

the only reason smash would be rebooted is if smash was failing, which it isn't, cutfags are idiots, and rebootfags are just cutfags, salesfags and relevencyfags that seethed over everyone is here because they hate young link

Attached: smash 64 reboot.png (364x424, 183K)

I'll admit I was wrong when I said that dq heroes have no personality, I've only played the latest one. Although I'd argue that their backstories don't impact their personality, the way that jokers does. Joker has unironic character development, its subtle as to not upset the Japanese autism but it's there. Plus on a surface level jokers personality feels more unique and dynamic than the chosen hero, which is exactly the impression that dq boys give me.

drink H2O

Because incelroarfags would spam barashit in smash threads back when the grinch leak was a threat

>300+ replies
>Threads regularly go to bump limit
>Still have no idea what cutfags actually want out of a reboot that would require first party cuts

Attached: 1538365842844.png (483x487, 201K)

This is better, a reboot wouldn’t have so many third party and fuck geno, DH and fucking lip.

Attached: 0DD615B5-2E06-4215-B51A-26025142CE39.jpg (364x424, 51K)

Why? The original 2 games were all about repping the crossover Nintendo aspect. Shouldn't a reboot attempt to branch out and include some out of left field 3rd parties to set the tone going forward. Sorry but I don't envision melee 2 with geno and astral chain boy as the only newcomers being exciting for anyone or outselling ultimate for that matter

>cutting mega man
>not wanting geno and banjo
so cutfags really are mentally ill AND stevefags, i rest my case

Alright I'm convinced there is a single first party fag with a boner for pacman at this point. Get this shit taste no dimes roster out of here

link isn't a character, correct. He's kept mute for the purpose of being a self insert

>too scared to fight back against justice
that's the first fucking thing he did and the reason he got in the mess

>Young Link
>Garbage

t.Toon Link

>300 replies
>Threads regularly go to bump limit
>Still have no idea why anti-cutfags think that cutting characters is a radical idea when the series already did it twice

oh and cutting duck hunt and lip even though they're super significant to nintendo history representing the zapper and puzzle games, mental illness needs to be treated

Both of the characters you listed are technically still 3rd party, I’m taking the most wanted first party characters, a reboot is the perfect game to have them join the battle at last.

I'm only saying that the heroes also have as much development as Joker. I have nothing against Joker, I just don't want to hear that the Heroes are a blank slate self insert with no personality while a character designed for equivalent purposes is given a total pass. I've beaten Personas 4 and 5 and I've beaten most Dragon Quest games and I don't personally see a difference in how they are portrayed. They are all designed to be self inserted as, but they all have slight differences in personalities and different story arcs.

Attached: Erdrickstablet.png (512x446, 111K)

Whatever the roster is going to be in Smash 6 it needs to address this.

Attached: smashrepresentation.png (952x673, 287K)

it was always a radical idea, nobody has ever liked cutting characters, not even sakurai

Don't act like Young isn't redundant when Toon exists which also represents the more cartoony zeldas.

I fully expect maybe 5 or 6 characters not to be able to make it back in 5+ years when they make the next Smash but having a new Smash game come out with less characters the previous one isn't realistic or desirable.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Joker's initial hesitance to do anything about Kamoshida and his apparent decision to put up the facade of a regular, self-effacing guy to evade undesirable attention, hence the glasses and his typically slumped posture.

>DK
>underrepresented
huh

Attached: smash representation.png (949x357, 389K)

>Zelda
>underrepresented

holy fuck, are you insane?
If anything it fits the catagory Mario and Pokemon are in(which Kirby shouldn't be in because who the actual fuck else do you need besides those 3).

>cutting mega man Nintendo will force capcom to skip next game.
>not wanting Geno
Square clearly don’t want to give him away in a playable status
>not wanting Banjo
He’s dlc
Negotiations for him started last year
Way too much effort has been put into him.
Deal with it, banjo won’t be coming back next game in the base roster, with dlc he has a 2% chance however.

but before then he already delt with injustice, and with komashida it's changed extremely quickly like less than 5% of the game

Cope, I’m just sharing my ideal reboot roster, which has a higher chance over your 1/4 reboot roster been third party shit, they wouldn’t do that.

No.
Star Fox is overrepresented, so is Metroid. Animal Crossing didn't need two characters and Zelda could really use someone who is not Link, Zelda or Ganon.

dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 3, go read a book cutniggers

Attached: cutfag.png (1115x606, 206K)

>One of their most well known IPs
>Gets only 3 characters after DECADE of requests for K.Rool

yes

>No newcomers since Melee
>Only has 6 just because it's required
>Despite being in Nintendos top 3 ips, to the point where they had BOTW carry the switch launch and it worked

yes.

They’re not needed, the dog is shit and lip is a literal who in the west.

Literally nobody has ever cared about bomberman after the gameboy game.

Nigga all you need is to replace Sheik with someone else and get rid of Young link.
Or are you Zeldafags gonna whine even if that happens?
Fucking hell.

Zelda doesn't have any other characters worth adding.

3 characters and a ton of stages

star fox is represented fine for an ongoing series that's reached mass appeal at least once. Metroid is in the same boat. AC is the third highest selling nintendo IP after mario and pokemon, only reason it doesn't have more characters is because you really couldn't add anything else. And yes I agree with the Zelda point

>cutting mega man Nintendo will force capcom to skip next game.
that's terrible business, im so glad you dont work in gaming
>Way too much effort has been put into him.
how is "way too much effort" a reason to cut a character?

>literally 18 years since a real newcomer
>SO ENTITLED

I doubt you said this when FEtards cried about Lyn.

If Palutena was "worth adding" Zelda has tons of characters to work with.

>3 characters and a ton of stages

Uprising, a single game which doesn't even come remotely close to being 1% as signifcant as DK, had that and much more in 4.

This is honestly fucking horrible. Imagine the disappointment.

>he thinks duck hunt is shit
so what have we learned today
cutfags are
>stevefags
>relevencyfags
>salesfags
>zoomers
anything else im missing?

What the hell most wanted are you talking about? Go ahead and say a literally who, I dare you

Yes I fucking did you retard. Not only is Lyn ANOTHER FUCKING SWORD FE CHARACTER, but she's already in the fucking game.
Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of Zelda but I just don't understand wanting even fucking more of them when you already have more than most series in smash.

>add palutena
Nigga yeah right. She’d be part of Pit’s moveset at best.

Sure, he wasn't on probation. We know Joker is rebellious by nature, but it initially did pull a number of him.

Christ, not you again

>Yes I fucking did you retard. Not only is Lyn ANOTHER FUCKING SWORD FE CHARACTER, but she's already in the fucking game.

No you didn't. FE fans beg for new characters constantly without ever being challenged.

>Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of Zelda but I just don't understand wanting even fucking more of them when you already have more than most series in smash.

Because Zelda is bigger than most series in smash and has gotten nothing in almost 20 years.

Not terrible but having that low a character count would be cancer. You can’t even add new characters because the ones that were in but cut would more times than not deserve to be in over the new additions.

Attached: 625ACA4F-88FB-4CE6-9179-5E3D90D6A7F3.jpg (1024x576, 53K)

>that's terrible business, im so glad you dont work in gaming
Not really a terrible decision, Capcom have a grudge for Nintendo, Nintendo will get them back by saying ‘fuck you we don’t want your iconic shit next game, we’d rather add most wanted characters from own our company!’
>how is "way too much effort" a reason to cut a character?
Just look at spiral mountain, it looks way to detailed and I doubt rare would want to work on it all again if the next smash game was reworked from the ground up so everything had to be created from scratch.

>seethed over everyone is here
now you're just making shit up

This. Pikmin could use Louie, but isn’t in dire need of it I’d say. Even if he’s be based beyond belief.

Attached: 53ADC35C-5E4A-43D1-B35B-05811B8EC6F2.jpg (2338x2878, 1.12M)

Why the fuck wouldn't they? It's a crossover game, having more franchises is better than having more Mario characters. Yes, Mr. Dubois everytime .

i really cannot describe how pathetically retarded you are

Attached: hitomi is hitotally done with your shit and is gonna hit(omi) you in the face.gif (512x512, 685K)

>having more franchises is better than having more Mario characters

Didn't see you saying this when Plant was revealed.

>OrIgiNaL tWeLvE

Yes I fucking did, don't fucking put words in my mouth. I'm a huge FE fag and I KNOW that they should just slice off over half the fucking reps that are in the game without any replacement besides MAYBE Hector.
Also you got Toon Link. So like, that's wrong. Like I said, get rid of Sheik, they're only in because they were in all the others anyway, and get rid of Young because he's just Toon with fire arrows(and a significantly worse artstyle). Replace Sheik with someone else and you'd have no reason to whine. I dunno or care who but whatever, leave that to someone who likes Zelda.

That's fair. This whole thing started because someone said that joker was a bland self insert destined to become outdated and I was really arguing against that. No disrespect based DQ bro

How would you have seen her saying anything? This is an anonymous message board.

yeah, it's really only hypothetical, i kinda based it off of who was popular in 1999, so i guess it's more off if smash 64 had more dev time

Charii's reaction sums it up pretty well, there are legit people who hate everyone is here for some autistic reason

yeah and kid icarus is overrepresented. DK is good

Excuse me? I fucking hate the plant who do you think I am?

It’s fact, nobody got excited when duck hunt was confirmed to return because people were already excited that everyone is here. The only time people got excited for duck hunt was when early japs with 3ds unlocked him, which proved the esrb leak was real. Hell I bet if someone created a poll that was called ‘were you excited when duck hunt was confirmed for smash?’ The results would be 80% neutral/no.
I know well over 150 people that want him to be cut next game, cause they feels he’s a wasted slot and boring.

>geno over zelda
Terrible

Thanks, same to you, based Persona bro.

Not gonna lie, I don't understand the o12 argument in discussion of a reboot. Wouldn't the whole point be to establish the equivalent of a new original 12

I shouldn’t have to explain
>AT characters
>Grinch leak rejects
>characters who didn’t deserve to be sprits.

>Wanting Erdrick as the face for Dragon Quest still.

Leak bandwagoner alert.

>besides MAYBE Hector.

Every time.

>Also you got Toon Link.

As a replacement for Young Link, so nothing was really gained there. Like I said, we only have them both because it was required for Ultimate's concept.

> Replace Sheik with someone else and you'd have no reason to whine

...yes we would that wouldn't be a net gain. It would be a loss for Sheik fans, too.

Cough cough Sakubias cough cough he wouldn’t dare cut any KI characters especially after uprising! Cope she’s staying.

DK deserves 4 at the absolute minimum.

You're a fucking idiot. The way to 'reboot
"smash is to give us momentum and hitstun again you faggot. It's diverse and should only be improved from here. The only characters that could be cut from here are things from deals. Even the extraneous Fire Emblem characters are too popular.

>Olimar moveset makes perfect sense

No. No it fucking doesn’t. Have sex

hate doesn't last forever, there's a shit ton of people who like Duck Hunt, Rob, Game and Watch etc. and you people just think they're expendable like that, it's truly disgusting

not really, 3 is perfectly fine. it has the 3 most prevelant characters in the series

Considering how big it is, no it isn't.

It was originally a Nintendo crossover, a reboot would bring this back into prioritisation. So we’d only get two third party like in brawl.

Well no, it shows you don't liker DK. Dixie absolutely deserves to be playable.

consider that animal crossing is bigger and has less

>Every time.
What do you even mean by this? Take out all the echoes and Roy and put in Hector as someone without a fucking sword because the games aren't just lolswords and he gives FE7tards a reason to be happy without adding someone as terrible as Lyn.

>...yes we would that wouldn't be a net gain. It would be a loss for Sheik fans, too.

Wasn't Sheik only in 1 total game? Would anyone who's actually a fan of the series and doesn't just play her because she's good actually care about her being gone in favor of someone else more important?

Which is why I also said AC was underrepresented.

Idc if I’m retarded, I’ve been called worse, I’m sharing my opinions which are rarely respected anyway I’m used to assholes like you, this is Yea Forums after all it’s rare to see someone respect your opinion, especially with smash of all things.

dixie is only prevalent in 2, 3, and TF

>implying tiny counts

Now it's a celebration of japanese games. You cut fags are cancer and don't even understand what the issues with modern smash are. People who whine about the roster are complete retards.

>Only prevalent in 3 games.

More games than DK himself in the Rare games.

There it is ladies and gentleman. Undeniable proof that Cutfags are just repackaged grinchcucks. Also what spirits deserve go be in the game more than fucking megaman?

>in the rare games
nice arbitrary restriction

Needs to be updated, but you get the point.

Attached: one per franchise.png (1349x1739, 1.53M)

>self depricating
go back to tumblr

>post troll smash reboot roster thread
>gets 400+ replies

Like clockwork. Is there a more autistic and retarded fanbase than Smash players?

>What do you even mean by this?

Every time you ask a FE fan about the smash roster they'll always tell you the solution is to add their favorite FE character.

>Would anyone who's actually a fan of the series and doesn't just play her because she's good

There were people who played her in Brawl, and in Ultimate (not bad but not worth it for how much harder she is compared to other high tiers)

What's a semi-clone? Is that like Dorf and C Falcon?

Just watched charii’s reaction, he seemed excited can you explain why he didn’t like everyone is here?

Yeah and that was cool two decades ago, but would it really be exciting now? Let alone five years from now. Plus there is mario kart and mario tennis if you want strictly Nintendo shit.

hey most of us grinchies hate rebootfags

Nigger yes it does? Play Pikmin.

How upset were you when Banjo got revealed last month?

They might like them, but from the honest bottom of their hearts, would they care if they were cut?

NO LMFAO......EXACTLY

idk, he's seemed a bit irritated, you can tell throughout, he literally saw everyone is here happen but then get irritated over toon link and young link immediately after, i could just be reading it wrong, but judging from this thread, it seems that there are weirdos who genuinely dont like everyone being back.

>putting words into people's mouths
cutfags are also evil confirmed

Attached: 1562972925021.png (680x486, 473K)

I liked Everyone is here, but to want it twice in a row is stupid because the novelty will be gone and there will be a lack of new content. I don't want the roster to be 20 characters but it's honestly preferable over Ultimate 2.

i think porting the game like mario kart 8 DX would be sufficient because it allows to add a whole lot more content because they don't have to worry about the veterans. just add the big SSE mode, smash run, target test, like 15 or more characters and stages and all that jazz, and you dont have to work on characters you already made

Not him, but I think it would be nice to have it twice in a row because I love how massive of a crossover it is. If it were up to me we would get a port of Ultimate with an extra FP or 2 worth of characters and a new mode or 2 thrown in for good measure. Smash Ultimate Deluxe.

Attached: ultimaterepcomp9.png (913x2010, 1.99M)

I don't give a shit about banjo. Its a bad game

> Inkling shit
No.

>Ken
>Costume
I see... you have no idea what you're doing.

It still will be about Japanese games, but not as many Japanese 3rd party are needed.

>admitting to being a grinchie

he also said 64,melee,brawl,smash 3ds, and smash wii u were the last games

>Also what spirits deserve go be in the game more than fucking megaman?

The list would take forever so I’m sure you’d get the point:
Any ace & legend spirit that is a character who has been requested for over a decade should be in over megaman.

1 rep per franchise...have ultra sex user!

Of course it would be exciting, especially for the diehard Nintendo fans, the third party fanboys will need to learn to cope.

Here you go anons, the leaked roster

Attached: cutroster.png (1684x551, 721K)

Name two so that you can be publically shamed for your poor taste.

Can't tell if you're being ironic desu

Not true, at all, you grinches want a reboot for your Isaac, chorus kids and other most wanted first party characters.

Source, I’m pals with a few people who fell for the grinch leak (I didn’t since i listened to the insiders) and they admit a reboot would probably prioritise first party over third.

Not upset but wish they didn’t reveal him, wouldn’t have had to spent my summer refusing to cope he’s in, I couldn’t even look at him once he was revealed, I’ve gotten past that, but I’m still refusing to play as him until I know who the rest of the dlc is.

>Zael and Aeron will never join Shulk in Smash
>KOS-MOS, Elma and Rex will never join Shulk in Smash
>we get shit like P5 and DQXI which nobody asked for
Why Sakurai

id much rather have everyone back then having geno and isaac replace have the roster, numbskull

Oh shit, I skipped that bit, I see where your coming from, he also acted like that when Lucina and dr mario were revealed.

rather be honest than being a shitter, since most people who deny being a grinchie are lying

Evil but know what’s going to happen.

I couldn't give less of a fuck what the next smash games roster looks like as long as it has picrelated

Attached: HEY!.png (332x498, 186K)

Keep dreaming port fag.

This. The roster is practically perfect. It almost feels like there's very little point to another Smash game because there isn't much else to add. The best they can really do is a port where they add a few straggling 3rd party newcomers, a few new echoes, and upgrade a few assist trophies.

Indeed, shitty western game characters don’t deserve to be in smash.

>The roster is practically perfect

I’m not being publicly shamed. If anyone it’s you.

Waddle Dee wouldn't have added anything fyi. Everyone important is here.

Spoilers, he’s not.

Unfortunately, CR will always be a throw away compared to FE because of FE's massive popularity

........not ;)

Figures. Back to waiting for Rayman 4, then.

Attached: edpocalypse.gif (700x700, 96K)

>Everyone important is here.
Maybe for you, but half of those important characters won’t be as important next smash.

Waluigi
Isaac
Geno

These are the bug three reveals for Smash 6

*taps glass*
AHEM
ladies, gentleman, i have an announcement to make.
FUCK CUTFAGS
FUCK REBOOTFAGS
FUCK RELEVENCYFAGS
FUCK NINTENDO-ONLYFAGS
FUCK SALESFAGS
FUCK NIGGERS
AND FUCK JANNIES

Attached: k rool chad.jpg (1024x936, 90K)

>The roster is practically perfect

>50 fe characters
>no mario RPGs representation
>no rhythm heaven representation

Imagine being on samurais cock this hard

based

Attached: dapper.png (245x268, 53K)

*taps glass*
AHEM
ladies, gentleman, i also have an announcement to make.
FUCK PORTFAGS
FUCKRETROFAGS
FUCKTHIRDPATYFAGS
FUCKGAMINGHISTORYFAGS
FUCKCAPCOMFAGS
FUCKKONAMIFAGS
FUCKRAREFAGS

unbased

Saw it coming, have sex anyway. :p

cringe

>Dropping Pac-Man
Off yourself

Attached: What the fuck ningen.jpg (1200x675, 129K)

*taps glass*
AHEM
ladies, gentleman, i also have an announcement to make.
FUCK PORTFAGS
FUCKRETROFAGS
FUCKTHIRDPATYFAGS
FUCKGAMINGHISTORYFAGS
FUCKCAPCOMFAGS
FUCKKONAMIFAGS
FUCKRAREFAGS

Attached: E371BF47-EF94-4DE1-95DA-7CDA06CE0947.jpg (492x492, 70K)

godspeed, krembro

Attached: 1560295750976.png (438x599, 450K)

Ikr

>Keeping Incineroar and Greninja in while cutting Pokemon Trainer
>Cutting Marth and leaving us with 4 Fire Emblem Characters
>Cutting Olimar for Alph

Attached: Huh.jpg (1080x1110, 61K)

This, your iq is super low if you believe these changes will happen

>Wanting more KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jesus Christ, genwunners are getting out of control.

Based fat fuck gator.

This is why cutfags are fucking retarded. Smash is at this point it’s own thing, and Sheik is an established, well liked character in Smash. You can’t “just remove her bro” because there are people who love her in Smash, just like people like Falcondorf, Corrin, Chrom, and all those other guys you all cry about to be cut or modified.

Calling it now, Smash goes full 3d for the reboot.

You put Captain Falcon back in there or so help me

Attached: 0f5.png (356x304, 249K)

They could've put in a texture less polygon and some people would still like them, that argument is stupid.

Those people need to grow the fuck up and cope.

Also I’m not saying this specifically for sheik fans, I mean for fans of anyone who’s cut.

I want this! We would probably only get a 30-40 character roster though, but that sort of gameplay would make up for it!

>Wanting Smash to be an arena fighter

Jesus Christ how horrifying

like Power Stone?

How would it be horrifying? It would spice the gameplay up.

Based

here's your surprise rep for the next smash

Attached: 1200px-SMP_-_King_Bob-omb.png (1200x1150, 601K)

but alph is already a retired character? Why would olimar leave when he's the protag of pikmin 4?

>Pikmin 4
You mean Hey Pikmin, which might as well be a remake of Pikmin 1 for all the good it does.

Pikmin 4 was confirmed to be a different game from Hey! Pikmin.

Attached: 1453514101531.jpg (699x699, 29K)