Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1PdYm2EWyh4
youtube.com/watch?v=OQafhKmxk9E
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0f7djibEFk
youtube.com/watch?v=hN1r7zJ0nYM
youtube.com/watch?v=bYGPjRPhmrA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Haven't played Minecraft since before survival was even a thing. Played it recently and all the while I was thinking I'd rather play Terraria.

nothing except a lack of direction

Shit updates

Money.

Smash Bros

1. Selling out to Microsoft
2. Most of the stuff after and including the Hunger update
3. Adding more and more pointless shit instead of expanding on existing shit (the Nether and the End are practically pointless and empty after the first one or two visits, caves and mining are near worthless when you can get tons of end game shit by just walking around to villages/temples/shipwrecks/etc)

It’s good, way more stuff to do with new updates. Just cause you aren’t a kid anymore doesn’t mean a game for kids is bad now

>buy the game after 6 years of not knowing what updates were made
>spawn near a big-ass mansion filled with enemies
>eventually start digging into the ground
>got 5 different basic stones
>die because of witch
nice

Despite how bare bones it is Minecraft still has lots of players. Don't let minecraft lets plays on youtube that build elaborate castle with fancy mods fool you. Most are children who play on console. The problem is that you're an adult thus you desire more out of the game than most. People who build fuckhuge factories with mods are a small portion of the playerbase, thus they will never be catered to.

Attached: hylics dynamite.gif (500x375, 1.37M)

The first minecon firmly cemented the fact the game was no longer aiming to be an open world fantasy world sim like notch originally pitched for the project to be a "3d Dwarf fortress adventure mode" but instead became a game for autistic kids and youtubers.

Why I hope Hytale picks up where notch left off, because it was highly disappointing to see the trash that minecraft became, good thing I only paid $5 for it

not in smash bros yet

Not created infdev and multiplayer and then went on vacation and never came back

Sold it to microsoft to prolong his vacation.

Hytale is too good to be true. I refrain from getting hyped for it. There has to be catch.

Attached: 1562791761914.jpg (706x972, 142K)

Lots of retards decided the game should be more than just mining and crafting

>game about crafting
>only like 10 useful things to craft
>like 4 tiers of armour/weapons to craft
>like 5 ttiers of mineral

why was this so popular? its fucking dull as fuck

its autism

you have no imagination. how sad

fortnite happened

Nothing, nostalgiafas trying to grasp at straws.

It's not about building something 'useful', it's about making giant skull fortresses with functional portcullises and redstone machines that make 500 slices of watermelon per minute.

Nothing went wrong. Sure, some things could be better, but the game is still fun to play.

SOON MY CHILDREN

Attached: 44999055-C1B9-4DB6-8916-07D6C571EF0D.png (1085x822, 445K)

I'm playing it right now, trying it out for the first time ever. I'm feeling the same. Just keep thinking how much nicer Terraria is.

I bought Minecraft to play with my gf recently and we've been having a blast. It's crazy how much the game has changed from the beta when I first tried it. There's so much to it now. Fortresses, shipwrecks, fish, detailed biomes, villagers, raiders, baby-skelly's. Building up my little mining base again was really comfy and I recommend you try making your own.

Not much, still good fun with friends

Fortnite only joined the club of bate royale games that usurped the very worst of minecraft's mod offspring: hunger games. REAL minecraft multiplayer, back in the late 2000s and early 2010's, was vanilla with maybe the factions plugin for basic but exhaustible chunk protection. That shit was lord of the flies, the most intense and hardcore of game experiences.

Hmm....
Is there a way to automate killing the wither with splash potions of healing and Regen?

Attached: 1562951824820.jpg (893x895, 230K)

More like why the fuck is Mojang so slow at adding anything interesting and new? With a basic game like Minecraft they should be able to churn out content like there's no tomorrow. Why are modders doing so much better work?

Beta 1.8

Yeah, 1.13 got me back into vanilla, and I do like alot of things in 1.14 however I feel it could use some tweaks.

It's technically possible but not a viable option outside of creative or cheats to give you bedrock. When the wither spawns, it makes a huge explosion and shits out more explosions, presumably specifically to make such an auto kill setup impossible. Supposedly there was a way you could set up pistons to push a spawning wither up into the ceiling redrock of the nether to nullify the explosion and suffocate it, but it didn't work when I tried it.

Either their quality control is super wonky, or things are constantly argued on how to be implemented, or there's only like one guy actually working on the game.
And the most likely reason is all of the above

I play games to enjoy the content. not make my own. And its fine to build stuff, but only if the buildings have real purpose and functionality (like in Dragon Quest Builders, each building has a role). But minecraft is literally just "use your imagination", with little real functional difference in what you create. Portal knights had an incredible amount of functional, scalable leveling in items/materials, minecraft is completely barron in regards to this

I guess it's because I'm a full-time game developer myself? I just don't enjoy level-editors

If you don't like it, that's fine. Some retards will bitch, but I'm not one of them. I just wish there was more actual furniture.

have you played Portal Knights or Dragon Quest Builders 1or2? They're SO much better (with the exception of world size), because they have tremendously more variation in materials and craftable objects, monsters and combat gear. I seriuously do not understand why minecraft is enjoyed longer than maybe 10hours

that isn't the point of the series. minecraft is about building. the first couple of hours of survival is just a neat distraction from that.

>minecraft is about building
for what purpose though?

Factions were the shit, I still have my cobblestone skin that I used as camouflage. Stopped playing when my friends gave up on Minecraft, and it was almost impossible to join other factions unless you knew a guy on the inside. Plus the server I went to got this infamous donator who would do nothing but spawn camp with his friends. The server owners would do nothing about it, or when they did the donator would just send some more money to lift his ban.

I was thinking to place the dispensers out side of it's blast radiace, and use slimeblocks to launch the potions further, I just need a way to trick/abuse it's A.I into staying within a pillar shaped killzone, basically I need it to only go up

Attached: 1562509134920.png (531x467, 59K)

uhhh... no

Attached: Goodbye_Steveposters.gif (800x450, 2.94M)

for your own enjoyment.
you really must be stupid to not understand minecraft after a decade

Theres a couple of catches.
1. It got funding from Riot - Hytale will need to make money to pay their investor off who will have influence on what the game may have
2. Hypixel tried to jew people with micro transactions on their minecraft server. They got shit for it, but its not known if they learned from that.
3. They still haven't announced a payment system for the game yet. We still don't know if its a 1 time purchase, subscription, ect.

This isn't accounting other possibilities like Hytale being canceled or another No Man's Sky situation.

We got 1 hint at what they may be doing to get money and thats with its community guidelines and server rankings. Servers have a color ranking that indicates how well they follow hypixel guidelines which will determine if they get the most visibility in the server browser. I assume that they are doing this so they could ultimately have a large set of "family friendly" servers that they could plug in-game advertisers and sponsorships to help pay for the server infrastructure they need.

The last thing I want is stats and classes and shit. Both of those games also feature a ton of crap that doesn't fit into the block structure of the game, and useful structures are entirely scripted rather than being made from clever implementation of basic game elements. Do either of these games feature an equivalent to redstone?

I wish they would have dropped the big square head character design that every fucking minecraft clone feels the need to do. God damn just make a normal proportioned human character

It's pretty pathetic that after a decade of development that vanilla is only as far along as it is.

well you might aswell just stop playing video games and install Unity

What's the point of donkeys?

i mean it's like someone who really enjoys reading books, buying a 10,000 page book, and only the first 3 pages has words on it. You have to fill the rest in yourself. Then them saying "OMG THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER!! U MUST BE A FUCKING RETARD IF U DONT UNDERSTAND IT!!"

The wither automatically pursues any mob within a huge radius other than undead. Maybe if you did it in a desert during the day time, and killed anything nearby before starting the spawn and running away. But that would still be pretty inconsistant, and you'd need to set up some kind of redstone line out to your waiting area to trigger the dispensers after the wither spawns.
And ultimately, there comes a question of cost. What's worth more, an hour of construction and a bunch of splash healing potions, or a stack of arrows and some durability loss to your best gear?

Free building in creative, yeah. But I don't understand why you would play survival if you're playing to build shit. If there's a survival mode, then that game mode should have some going for it, but it doesn't. It's clearly not just tacked on for shits and giggles, because there are more than enough mechanics to get some kind of survival experience out of it. But it still ends up feeling half assed and disappointing.
I booted it up a few days ago; haven't played in a long ass time, and I'm honestly shocked just how little content there is and how boring it is.

The only fun I had was exploring caves and the nether, but that got old after a few hours.

You can ride on them, and store stuff in their saddlebags.
Great for being an early game nomad
And then you use em to make a mule

Nu world gen is SHIT

yes it's like that except completely different thanks for your analogy

>water enemy is a reskinned zombie
>actual manta ray are stupid flying mobs that kill you if you don't sleep, difficult to avoid on servers or single player mode if you mine for a long time
>still no new ores but a hundred new ugly grey blocks
>end game still boring as shit
>world generation still flat as shit

Holy shit

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

niggers

The flying manta ray things are genuinely fucking terrible, I use command blocks near all my builds to automatically kill them

but its not really that different, is it? You get given really basic tiers of materials (think of these as characters), and then past a certain point, all you do is create random shit using your imagination- to no purpose at all. You can maybe show a freind or two, who might be like "heh, cool" and play for a few mins (or, read a few pages in the analogy), then leave

There is literally no point and such few materials/monsters that its boring

explain, in detail, how it's different then. are you just upset at the realisation that you've wasted 200+ hours of your time creating shit noone cares about?

I see people saying "you just dont get ittt" but fail to explain why its worth the time

How is it shit? I haven't noticed anything about it.

Mods.

So we can agree the base game without mods is garbage right?

>But it still ends up feeling half assed and disappointing.
maybe if you ever actually tried building something ambitions yourself while having to gather the resources for it you could understand the appeal of survival

Fuck Gregtech and any pack that puts that shit in it.

It's more like writing a book
And buying an empty dina4 block of papers and getting laughed at when you don't understand that you're supposed to write shit on them when writing has been invented a few thousand years ago and you frequent a tibetian monastery dedicated to the written word

The make the lake wider instead of deeper.

Of course, infact the thing that made vanilla minecraft so good was ruined in beta 1.8 (terrain generation)
Mods are the only reason to play Minecraft now imo.

I always did and always will hate the hunger bar

Attached: download (1).jpg (270x186, 5K)

Nothing.

Attached: 1553646066669.jpg (816x720, 88K)

>are you just upset at the realisation that you've wasted 200+ hours of your time creating shit noone cares about
>why its worth the time
explain how this is any different from any video game.

What's wrong with it?

its not like writing a book, because its a game that has been sold to you, which you don't own the rights for.

It's exactly how I said it is- buying a 10,000 page book with only the first 3 pages having words- the rest you just make up yourself- the end result being somehting you can niehter sell or show off as being a unique/artful creation- because >100k other people have done something the same as you

>because its a game that has been sold to you,
no the pen and the dina4 block have been sold to you
I will cease responding to your metaphor now since that shit is always retarded

First of all, any time playing any game is time wasted. Secondly, did you play with legos as a kid? That's a better analogy. It's just fun to build things. That's what humans like doing

but then its just a massive timesink, because gathering the resources is too tedius to make anything remotely impressive (not that it would be impressive anyway). If you want to make glorious buildings, just do creative. I agree with the person saying than survival is lacking and shit- but also, survival seems to be the only point of the game (creative is just pointless, might aswell just download Unity and make your own game)

i voted for it because i thought it would be a water mob. it is a fucking manta ray why isn't it a water mob

ok then, continue to believe your creation in minecraft is actually work ANYTHING at fucking all. Because it isn't. And you can't sell, own the rights to your creation, or show it off as art because its someone else's intellectual fucking property. And you've just wasted 1000+ hours of your shit life arranging it into a gay village with 0 purpose

lego had x10000 more variety and themes, it was fun to play with the same set for like, maybe 1-10hours max? And adding to your pool of lego opened up enormously more potential.

Minecraft has a severely limited pallate, you can't deny this

you are particularly retarded even for the average Yea Forums metaphor user

>because gathering the resources is too tedius to make anything remotely impressive
Imagine being shit at minecraft

>gets called out
>r-r-retarddd
you cant even counter argue because you know you can't justify wasting that many hours on something so shallow

so tell me, how many diamond do you get per hour on survival? without cheats

All time spent on vidya is wasted, moron

You're spending way too much time cooking and getting food just for it to slowly rot away. It should just go into the health bar

Minecraft gives you unlimited resources to build, Lego was limited. There's enough variety in Minecraft to build whatever you can think of

I kind of get what you're saying, but that's incongruent with a survival mode. Whatever ambitious thing you build, it does not lend itself to making your survival experience any better.
It just sounds like forcing yourself to do busywork when you get the same results without busywork.

I get it that when you work hard to do something, you will likely feel an extra degree of satisfaction than if it were easier to do, but you must recognize that that is something very base and primal. That seems like the opposite of what video games should be.

no its not, there's a difference between enjoying some well-produced content, vs spending 200hours creating your own content that has 0 worth

While caving, probably 30-ish, since enchanting was implemented.

There is no difference if you had fun. Besides, your taste in content is probably shit

unlimited, but very shallow variety- its like giving someone unlimited blocks of lego- but only ~20diff types of pieces

>there's a difference
'no'

alright well I guess it depends on the person. For an intelligent being, there is a difference, because they realise the difference between actual worthwhile gameplay and shitty-hacked "do it your fucking self" type of entertainment.

However, for the casual braindead retard, they will rejoice and jump at the type of "gameplay" thats like "make up your own entertainment, cos we cba", and exclaim it as the best thing ever.

It's honestly like paying to go to Seaworld or something, except theres no animals. You just "imagine" the animals in your head

People build in survival because its infinitely more impressive when they pull it off.
youtube.com/watch?v=1PdYm2EWyh4
youtube.com/watch?v=OQafhKmxk9E
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0f7djibEFk
youtube.com/watch?v=hN1r7zJ0nYM

It's ridiculously easy to get large amounts of food. It's only a problem in the early game.

>but then its just a massive timesink
how are you not understand a concept that appeals to children and retards?
you use your imagination to build something just because you want to. you have to gather all the resources yourself which makes it more challenging the more ambitious you are. then you have to be good at building enough to pull it off. afterwords players usually feel proud of the immerse work. rinse and repeat

Isn't this the best selling game of all time and has been active for more than a decade now? I don't think you will remember Dragon Quest Builders 2 in the next month for comparison.

>me unga
>you bunga
refer to

press F for water sheep

Attached: 1560702013143.jpg (500x351, 59K)

I think your fellow minecraft supporter, just explained it perfectly
>a concept that appeals to children and retards

So there you go, for non-children/retards, it offers little to no value, and only appeals to non-intellectuals

Survival minecraft isn't as casual as whatever garbage you play. A single mistake can lose you tons of progress.

are you serious? Its fucking easy as fuck

Splash potions of healing aren't that hard, and the building can be reused so that's not a problem either and I'm doing this mostly for my own entertainment
>automatically pursues any mob within a huge radius other than undead.
This has potential in possibly keeping it consistently in the area actually, as long as I can keep the mob from dieing and keep it pursuing them within an area, a dangling villager made to wear enchanted armor via dispenser, that'll be healed by the launched potions?
Or maybe even something using Water elevators?

F
You suffered so we wouldn't

That feeling of working hard to get your own resources is a trap. I see it not different than leveling in really grindy MMOs. There's no inherent value in scrounging for materials, just like there's no value in grinding mobs, if that effort does not challenge you in some capacity.
Not to say there's zero challenge, but it's virtually zero. Taking care not to have your diamonds fall into lava is not exactly thrilling, but it's not mindless either.

Any new good modpacks?

>>world generation still flat as shit
This. They made it more realistic at the cost of it being boring and repetitive. Old generation was retarded but it was fun to fuck around and explore.

>I was thinking I'd rather play Terraria.
based. I don't like to compare the two because they're both their own games, but I usually think the same while playing Minecraft.

Attached: Niggaslide.gif (270x270, 972K)

Style turned from Daggerfall into Pixelshit

I quitted after the combat update I don't even care what happens to MC anymore also i can't even run shaders now anyway it just runs like shit

I get the opposite feeling, I like how much stuff is in Terraria but I wish it was in 3D, that alone makes me prefer Minecraft

Nothing. Just shut up and play

If true, that mansion is actually one of the rarest structures to be generated in a world. So rare infact that most players will not encounter it without getting a map from a villager NPC

Is there a way to enjoy minecraft if you're an idiot with no imagination and don't like to build crap ?

the only other things the game has to offer are the tranquil, almost melancholic atmosphere and the feeling of getting immersed in exploring the world. so maybe, but probably not.

not without mods

>Mojang being lazy fucks
>Not implementing ideas from mods enough
>Hiring more people but none of them actually add new stuff
>Modders add like 50+ items per mod update just out of pure passion whilst Mojang takes fucking years to implement a fucking lantern
>Modders are willing to fucking deconstruct Java as a programming code
>The game strayed too far off from Notch's original intentions, basically what
said
>Hunger being implemented very poorly
>Mojang not wanting to add furniture because it "stifles creativity"
>Mojang spending resources making some kind of Minecraft-themed Phone game and Dungeon Crawler game instead of updating and fixing the game
>1.4.10
>Literally any update after 1.7.10
>Mojang promising tons of bosses in 2010 and not implementing them within nine fucking years.
>The multiplayer fanbase being full of kids and autists
>Mods designed for multiplayer experiences being unplayable on multiplayer because of autists and kids.
>Notch selling out the game instead of actually supervising his dev team
>Notch falling for the game journo drama meme

Do yourself a favor, if you're going to play Minecraft, stick with 1.7.10 and install as much autism tech and magic mods and build a fucking nuclear reactor that is literally powered by a mini sun that has a meltdown that makes Chernobyl look like a fucking joke.
youtube.com/watch?v=bYGPjRPhmrA

I am just sad I will never be on a modded multiplayer server where I make an Area 51 base filled with personnel and military aircraft and patrol the area around to collect technology and weird artifacts and then get invaded by some random fucking faction so I rig the reactor to blow up whilst I escape by Chopper

Attached: 1562614768828.jpg (882x960, 76K)

Gimme all the FPS increase tips and tricks for 1.7.10. I am gonna be making a very heavy fucking magic + tech modpack to mess around with friends, so I am gonna need it.

Hard mode: Tips and tricks on how to fix item IDs and some crafting recipes not being craftable

Attached: 1561666877071.png (1080x1057, 1.23M)