Do you hunt for achievements, Yea Forums?

Attached: achievements.jpg (700x394, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nr061f46Yg8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. I'm a fag.

If it's a game I really like

No. In fact I long for the days where we didn't have these arbitrary 'achievements' to signify that we have in fact been able to complete something like a game or whatever. Remove them and you'll weed out the fake gamers and the true gamers who play purely for their own personal gain and enjoyement will thrive. Thank you.

I'll plat certain games if I really like them or if I'm already close from playing normally.

So really it's just Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Uncharted 2, Spiderman, and Kingdom Hearts 3

When I was younger - sure - nowadays I don' t give a fuck. Maybe single player ones.

Trophies are superior

No, hunting for achievements always ends up as a chore

I used to be into it to an autistic degree. Now I'll plat a game if I like it but if it's too much effort I won't bother.

>gamers

I do percentage completion in a lot of games but after that I ignore retarded achievements
I can live with not being able to join the illustrious .00001% of owners of a game that killed 100,000 enemy players or replayed the game 9+ times on 9+ characters to ge all 9 factions maxed out once

Attached: 1563048777280.png (542x405, 369K)

There was a great reply from another user about achievements that changed my mind about them. I also hate how my friend is one of these people who constantly chases them. He posts them online and shares it everywhere all the time for the “platinum” to prove he did something. My question is would you 100% a game because it’s fun to strive for or because of a trophy? Doing tasks that you wouldn’t naturally do because they’re boring. My example of this is playing Persona 5 again because I missed Mishama’s request. The last game that I 100% was Jak 1 cause it was fun.

I do it when i like the game, i mean, just look at pic very much related

Attached: RE6 is shit.png (739x605, 132K)

>fake gamers
>true gamers
lmao autism

Attached: pc gaming.jpg (929x960, 184K)

Attached: laugh.jpg (419x480, 58K)

I like the sound effect
youtube.com/watch?v=nr061f46Yg8

Used to try and unlock all achievements way back in 2005 when Xbox 360 launched, nowadays not so much. Turned off the trophy notification on the ps4, so I never notice.

if i like the game, hell yea, ill be a fucking autist with ocd about it. i have like 25 perfect games on steam. i fucking love the feeling of getting a stupidly hard achievement weeks after i already beat all the games content. this sounds ironic but im being 100% serious lmao

Knock off achievements

No, I have less than a 1000 trophies after a decade of playing.

lolno. Fuck achievements.

i don't normally actively hunt them, but if i like a game and want to play more of it i usually try to get 100% completion ingame, which often involves or leads to having every achievement. But i do like if a game has well designed achievements that make you do things you wouldn't normally or play certain challenges in certain ways.

I only do it for games I really like and it's not too difficult. I almost got it for Detroit Become Human but I'd have to kill off the characters to get it.

Attached: Tyme.jpg (1080x1397, 745K)

This
A 100% in a game is my stamp of approval

"Achievements" but you don't even get one for getting all the achievements. Gay. Trophies lead to extra gameplay

I stopped caring about that shit years ago. I just play the game and if a trophy/achievement pops then ok, cool. Following guides and roadmaps for this shit is just autistic and drains the fun out of games.

this

>drains the fun out of games
how? 99% of the time achievements are just little side tasks or ingame challenges that no normal player has to go for. if you want to just play the game and be done with it nobody is forcing you to get achievements. but they're a good way to extend the amount of time people CAN spend playing the game in a meaningful way instead of just doing another playthrough the exact same way again

no and if you do this you're pathetic imo

>Trophies are superior
how?

Sometimes I’ll look at the achievements and see which ones I could easily get in my first playthru

you can still retain platinum for game on PlayStation even after DLC trophies come out

If Xbox game gets DLC achievements then you lose the 100% you had before

Attached: 1553135612167.gif (250x250, 1.22M)

I dont need achievements to smoke you in 1v1

Attached: Rust.jpg (1280x720, 321K)

Trophies give separate sections to each DLC pack released which is completely separate from the main trophy list. This also means that you still have a platinum even when DLC comes out and a 100% can be gained without the DLC.
Achievements put everything on the same list and you can't separate what DLC achievements are tied to what DLC unless you use something like TrueAchievements.

The Xbox One also made the achievement system a bit worse because now achievement unlocks are delayed like they were for PS3, sometimes you hear the unlock sound but get no popup at all and then 5 minutes later the achievement will pop up despite showing up in "Recent Achievements" five minutes ago (Seriously, this is incredibly annoying). The one decent thing the Xbone side of things does now is log tons of secondary stats outside of the achievements like playtime and certain in-game things on top of the achievement icons having HD art or concept art tied to them instead of just small pictures like before.

I consider them part of a game and if I like a game I'll play as much of it or get as much done of it as I can. So I hunt for trophies in games I like.

Attached: plats.png (1374x2607, 1.14M)

Sounds like a kid who used to lie about how good he was, then would get called out and wouldn't have the achievements to back it up.

Attached: b3a0c9d7eb6e45f365394cc67fd5eecd.jpg (680x680, 316K)

with no guides i bet

When I was younger I'd do it to compete with friends and have a good excuse to play coop with them. Now I don't really care since it's not really rewarding. Maybe some might be worth for the ingame experience (like beating a special enemy in a sidequest) but most are menial tasks like killing X number of monsters.

>cheats disable all trophies in SA
good way to suck out all the fun

>he doesn’t speak moon

Only if they have a practical reward.

Varies by game but I avoid guides if I can in all contexts. Some games are a bit obtuse though so for example in Monster Hunter-like drops if the game doesn't communicate drops well I might use a material guide.

I never use full game walkthroughs or shit like that.

dont really care but i dont mind the ones you get from naturally playing. i hate the autistic shit like killing enemy certain times with some gimmick

Ideally I try to do all the achievements in games that are either viable or that, but instead of making achievements that encourage exploration, repeated playthroughs with different playstyles or challenge runs, developers instead do shit like
>grindy achievements like Age of Empires 2
>the "play with a dev" achievements
>"reach the top of the leaderboard" trash in games that are already dead
>"find all collectibles" achivements that feel like shopping lists and have no reward behind them
>achievements that are either RNG or force gamey situations like the one in Darkest Dungeon where one of your party members must kill another party member

Attached: 1562423669220.png (790x814, 225K)

Could not give less of a fuck if I tried.

>"find all collectibles" achivements that feel like shopping lists and have no reward behind them
i'm still mad at myself for finding all the riddler trophies in the bamham games. especially in knight. fuck that batmobile

>fake gamers
>real gamers

Attached: take your pills.gif (100x100, 2K)