How much money did they actually need to get to Tahiti? The gang had thousands of dollars at a time throughout the game

How much money did they actually need to get to Tahiti? The gang had thousands of dollars at a time throughout the game.

Attached: mangoes.jpg (1920x1080, 173K)

Just a little more. Have some faith.

oh, the doubting. We just need some money, one more big score, and then we're off to farm mangoes in Tahiti!

Attached: dutch.jpg (1024x576, 27K)

Dutch I insist we give up this tahiti idea.

I had about 25 k with arthur. Faggot Dutch still makes you do suicide missions for a few hundred dollars.

>insists

So what was Dutch's actual motivation? Was he just arrogant and kept in check by Hosea, or did he go insane from hitting his head on the trolley? I read somewhere once that he just wanted to selfishly keep running the gang as long as possible because it was his entire life and he enjoyed it so much. That explains why he'd stall their escape so long, but surely eventually he would have just admitted defeat around Beaver Hollow and have everyone flee to Tahiti?

The game's characterization is supreme. I really believed most of the gang as real people. It reminded me of a really fucking good TV show or movie where the line between actor and real person in your mind is blurred-- I'd never seen that in a game before. Good writing, sure, but RDR2 might be the only game with such high production value that it just seamlessly kept me immersed the entire time.

> I read somewhere once that he just wanted to selfishly keep running the gang as long as possible

That's literally it. Dutch wanted to be a petty king over his own little kingdom, where everyone did exactly what he wanted to. To be admired and respected.

Interestingly, that also makes Dutch perhaps the one who'd fit best into mainstream civilization. I could see him being very successful as a politician or some big businessman.

Then I guess you're playing the game wrong

Attached: 1561858968377.jpg (712x888, 126K)

>Interestingly, that also makes Dutch perhaps the one who'd fit best into mainstream civilization
Makes sense. Dutch just pulled together another gang of easily manipulated injuns while only the remaining C-listers actually reintegrated with society and lived normal lives (the cook, the remaining whores besides Karen, Swanson etc)

>put off the side quests until postgame
>remember the kino "I'm afraid" cutscene and go to do the side quests so it happens
>they're exclusive to chapter 4 and missed permanently without any notice
>already on 6 so it's either throw away 12 hours of missions and do it all again or miss one of the best scenes in the game

Attached: 416.jpg (638x868, 96K)

You still get the scene I think just with the preacher from camp instead of the nun

the nun's is better

Stop taking the "story" of this game seriously you fucking teenagers, go read a book or watch a movie if you want a good story, starting with Sergio Leones The Good The Bad The Ugly.
This game is the most important and one of the greatest games of this time, but also one of the biggest tragedies. It has NO story, NO good writing, NO good dialogue. It has fucking NOTHING. It's a bunch of retarded fucking rushed cutscenes to weakly justify performing missions that are just set pieces ripped from all the Western movies and tropes.
It is like this because of the cancer that is microtransactions and the publisher. The game isn't good because of the story, especially since it's a multiplayer first game.

Attached: 1502046307795.png (600x329, 267K)

it was never about the money for dutch

>game story = BAD
this is supreme brainlet

Just do a second playthrough and aim for pure comfiness once you are finished with the main story and epilogue. Let Micah rot in prison as long as possible while you do every sidequest available and do as much hunting and exploring as possible.

>Rockstar fanboy gets asshurt somebody plays their movie game as an actual game

They need money to maintain a group of over twenty people without having to end up stealing again, so a lot.

HAVE A LITTLE GOD DAMN FAITH.

Surely it's not hard to just become self sufficient when you've got 20 people all working and farming?

I disagree, I talked to Swanson a lot in the game and listened to his dialogue and he needed a conclusion for me

>retard gets asshurt people like a good game

go cry in one of the other threads you endlessly create to bitch in lol

> It's a bunch of retarded fucking rushed cutscenes

We clearly weren't playing the same game, you fucking loser.

What is the best game and why is it VC for Android?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-14-11-48-51.png (2880x1440, 2.97M)

He was a nice character and I liked his softer redemption arc that was focused more on himself instead of his actions towards others, but Arthur opens up a LOT more towards the nun and it just feels more genuine and dare I say soulful. In Swanson's scene it feels like he's trying to placate Arthur so he doesn't have to feel bad about leaving.

I'd almost compare it to the two good honor endings: sure, the camp one is okay with the sunlight through the trees, but it just doesn't really compare to Arthur succumbing on the rocks.