What games follow the statement

What games follow the statement
>east to learn, difficult to master

Attached: Chess Opening Guide.jpg (2334x2118, 2.47M)

>east to learn
touhou?

all fighting games.

The only correct answer is Rocket League.
You can have silly fun from Hour 1 and the room to improve is close to endless.

Attached: roll.png (1021x768, 570K)

Even Bobby threw away 1.e4, there's nothing that shits on Queen's Pawn Opening like the Sicilian shits on 1.e4.

Rocket League

God I love this game

*Challenges your centre indirectly

Attached: siciliandefense1.gif (350x360, 18K)

imagine trying to become good at a game instead of enjoying games for being games. wasted too much time on pro-gaming. it's never satisfying, it just becomes more depressing the longer you play.
i finally took the singleplayer/coop pill and gained back my well being.

I enjoy difficult games that require time investment because it helps compensate for my lack of real life competition and gives me a dopamine rush.

i didn't mean that it can't be fun at all, it's just not really fullfilling. the sooner you realize it, the better. not trying to shame anybody, it's just that i think getting good at games is just chasing a stupid goal which immediately becomes pointless the moment you wake up to the truth about it.

If I really like a game I want to get as good as possible at it, assuming the game allows freedom to improve and isn't a slog.

>Even Bobby threw away 1.e4

He played 1.e4 right up to his very last game he played. In his 1992 rematch against Boris Spassky he played 1.e4 in every game except game 15, where he played the English Opening and it transposed into a Catalan.

with this mentality you are enabling game developers to develop trash cash-grab esport games instead of wholesome experiences

>I am unable to feel fulfilled ergo nobody else is

nice cope

I don't think that follows from what he said.

what if i just like doing left because i enjoy castling for no reason

it literally says that he wants developers to make games that he can become good at. he doesn't want anything other than the competition challenge.
and if you look at the current industry, that's what almost all gamers nowadays want. they want competetion. and all of these games have lootboxes, skins etc.

>it literally says that he wants developers to make games that he can become good at.

As opposed to what? Games that you can't become good at?

it's a game, not a sport. if you want a challenge play esports. go play dota, counter-strike, starcraft, age of empires, warcraft or whatever. but those are not games. games are games. e.g. metal gear solid was a game, tomb raider was a game, pokemon was a game. does anybody want to become good at pokemon, metal gear solid or tomb raider? no. they just want to enjoy the damn game.

>plays 2.d4 anyways

Attached: 1456551287026.jpg (320x320, 18K)

Came here to post this. I love this game too

Yeah, I wanted to be a stronger Pokemon player, and find better ways to sneak through areas or complete missions. Games should challenge the player, it shouldn't be playing for the sake of playing.

>Queen's Gambit

Attached: brainlet.jpg (800x450, 44K)

simple question: what do you do when you are the strongest, best, untouchable? guess what, you stop playing. just like you stopped playing pokemon when you were the best. you are literally chasing the "end" of the game. but esport is clever, since you never reach or stay at top you endlessly chase to beat the game, never reaching it. creating an endless cycle of repetition.
of course it's addicting and can be fun. but it's pointless. it's a cashgrab, designed to make only one game and being able to cash in on it for eternity.

Based, even more if you go for a dragon

quake3, poker