What the fuck happened to Final Fantasy?

What the fuck happened to Final Fantasy?

>10 is just hallways with shit characters and story
>11 is an MMORPG
>12 is a single player MMO with a tedious job system that's almost as annoying as the Draw system
>13 is even more of a hallway simulator
>14 is another MMO
>15 eventually becomes a hallway simulator and you basically have to buy a shit ton of DLC, a movie, and a bunch of additional side content just to get the full story

Attached: large.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

is a single player MMO with a tedious job system that's almost as annoying as the Draw system
1. The job system of XII isn't remotely tedious
2. The Draw system is far from tedious too.
eventually becomes a hallway simulator and you basically have to buy a shit ton of DLC, a movie, and a bunch of additional side content just to get the full story
And the joke is still on you because even with all of that the game is forever incomplete.

Final Fantasy was always mediocre VNs. 6 & 9 are good for what they are.

6 is also pretty damn dull and overall mediocre.

Yeah but 7 remake looks fantastic besides the censorship.

>10 is just hallways with shit characters and story
FFX has objectively one of the best stories not only in FF but in all of rpgs

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW

Hironobu stopped being the director after 5, and he stopped having involvement in the series after 9. Him not being the Producer of 8 either really shows he played a big part in making FF good considering all the bad games are 8 and 10 onwards.

Attached: 1547147919424.jpg (512x512, 151K)

>8 and 9
>Bad
Nah.
10 is a cesspool. 12 isn't bad, 13 is better than people act like it is, especially if you ignore the sequels.

>turning a single game into multiple movies with occasional gameplay
>looks fantastic

How? Also
>still complaining about the size of Tifa's tits and thinking that constitutes censorship

yep, great scene

>10 is a cesspool. 12 isn't bad, 13 is better than people act like it is

Attached: 1518722802066.png (813x679, 649K)

Dumb anime poster.

I didn't say 9 was bad, I said it was good because it's the last game Hironobu had involvement in. Also 13-2 is better than 13 in every way possible and fixed the hallway simulator problem.

>7 is just an overworld that gives you the illusion of freedom that isn't there and otherwise you are just in control of a horrible looking 1st attempt at a 3d model while you move it around on low resolution background pictures

>Also 13-2 is better than 13 in every way possible
Not even. Worse music, the start of the complete full retard plotlines with time travel, monster collecting bullshit, character retcons, etc. Serah's tits were the only good part.

there is literally no reason to hate 10 and like 13 if you aren't a brain-fried waifufaggot

>there is literally no reason to hate 10
You mean besides the retarded main character who is just a dream, the fucking doormat of a love interest, and half the cast being shit tier in either gameplay, character, or both?
Or how about the retarded plot that attempts to copy the Tales of MO and does it worse?

>14 is another MMO
Shadowbringers was an absolute wild ride though. Loved every second of it and its a damn shame its walled behind hundreds of hours where most of them are pretty boring, especially the maingame and stormblood.

>2. The Draw system is far from tedious too.

Attached: 1543007846586.jpg (483x341, 48K)

tidus is the best MC in the series

NOOOOOOOOOO

I really liked 9 so that's all I have to say.

Hahahahahahaha
Get fucking real. The only reason he isn't the worst is because he is associated with Jecht, a top tier character.
X would have been so much better if it was focused on Braska's pilgrimage over Yuna's.

>Hahahahahahaha
>Get fucking real.

Attached: file.png (621x702, 67K)

That's a pretty good picture of yourself, user.

>That's a pretty good picture of yourself, user.

Attached: file.png (608x485, 79K)

you can't call that a step down when that's what the previous entries were, minus the 3d

Attached: DC981642-8E48-4B05-A151-B6D3B2DB7A3C.jpg (720x706, 63K)

>I read a plot synopsis and never actually played FFX

Braska never had a pilgrimage brainlet.

>Braska never summoned the final aeon
This is what you are literally saying, which is 100% wrong.

>Braska never had a pilgrimage
what?

The sizes of tifas tits was never consistint
What is censorship is the bra and leggings.

Sakaguchi literally never mattered at any point, the man can't design a game to save his life when he actually has to.

He didn't. Yunalesca flat out tells you this before you fight her.

>there is literally no reason to hate 10
... and like 13 if you aren't a brain-fried waifufag. (You) forgot that part.

This is platinum quality attempted trolling.

what the hell are you talking about

Shut up retard. You clearly didnt play it.

1.) Actually learn about all the different sources you can acquire magic from.
2.)Don't be a mixmaxing autist

Grinding out 100 of 100 for each magic you come across via enemies is basically the same as grinding levels in any other game. You shouldn't be doing that.

I really liked 12. Never played the job system version though. I liked setting up gambits and playing around with the weapon setups. It's almost my favorite. Nothing beats 6. Fuck 7. Its good, but not worth shitting your pants over. 8 was the best PS1 era FF game. 9 was shit. 3 was better than 9. NES 3, not DS version. Fuck 9. Fuck 10. 4 is second place best. 5 was meh. 2 was shit. 1 is third place. 10 was meh. 10-2 was trash. Never played 11, 13+ 14 or 15. The best RPG ever is dragon quest 5. Period.

Attached: 47727722.gif (268x151, 1.01M)

Sorry, but the best character in XIII was Sazh and Lightning is literally the worst thing added to the series until then and ever sense, so I didn't feel like I needed to reply to your inane bait attempt.
Great job ignoring the rest of the post though.

>8 was the best PS1 era FF game. 9 was shit.

Attached: 1448292415362.gif (351x291, 579K)

Attached: 1362725464.png (859x439, 443K)

12 pissed me off. Not as much as 13, but it was still shit
>Gambit system was shit
>World was nice but it felt like I was playing an abandoned MMO half the time
>Story was boring and felt like a bad Star Wars rip off at times.
>The plot went nowhere
>To this day I can only remember Han Solo, Bunny Chewbacca and the blonde chick who wanted to be a pirate. The most forgettable cast in the series. At least I can name 13's cast.

8 was my first FF and at the time it was my favourite game of all time. I even went back to 7 and thought it was overrated. 9 was fantastic though.

8 is the worst FF battle system, period

Supposedly 14 is good if you like MMOs, but
>playing MMOs

>8 is the worst FF battle system

That's a weird way of spelling 15.

They should stop making human only FF. They're shit like XV.

>I even went back to 7 and thought it was overrated.

FF7 is legitimately a great game but it's one of those games that aged so badly so rapidly that I feel you had to play when it was new to fully appreciate it.

kys furshitter

There hasn't been a human-only FF since FFVIII.

Can you play with non humans in xiii and xv? I don't care if they called them gods or whatever I mean design mainly.

>The job system of XII isn't remotely tedious
I guess it's a matter of tastes.
The system seems pretty counter-intuitive and not rewarding to me.
It's almost a bureaucracy simulator.
You need to get a license to use items and magic. And magic is acquired by just buying it. So basically, for most of the game, you'll be holding onto your LP for when you acquire whatever item/magic you want to use. It's boring.

Not to mention that FFXII is the first game not to have actual sidequests/minigames. Hunting doesn't count, since it's the same exact gameplay with a menial factor to it. I'm talking about things like Fort Condor, Blitz Ball, the card game...
Also, are summons useful at all? Feels like they're more of a handicap than anything. Even FFX had some utility to summons since they were the best option for status monsters since they were immune.

Looks like cloud is about to get his ass pounded and even BLACKED.

Attached: 945BE74D-6537-4B00-BEAB-4F2BFCFE0678.jpg (720x720, 38K)

X-2's dress system makes XII's job system look like a sped-up streamlined dream. What a grindy garbage piece of shit design

7 and 10/10-2 are my favorite FF.
5/6 are cool for the job/class freedom, kinda like DQ9.
I hate 9, it's one boring boring slog with terrible gameplay.

Bitching about hallways is non-sense, Midgar is one big 6 hour hallway, wandering around the map felt cool but it just pads playtime.
Speaking of worldmap, 9 has a terrible one too, worse than 7 for some reason.

Attached: 269deb52af65b072a260cb8a15afd3b3721cdab622b6ea47f58667de86cd8887.png (1970x1205, 1.39M)

>Midgar is one big 6 hour hallway
That's what I loved the most about that game. The sense of freedom that you got after leaving Midgar. Sure, in retrospective it feels a little bit empty and fast travel to locations seems more practical. But Lightcrusader was my first RPG and I thought FFVII was going to be very similar to it. Wandering around a map, having my own condo and a chocobo farm to go back to every now and then... It felt great. I wish they doubled down on that, making maps more alive and interactive rather than just quitting the idea and making it an interactive movie.

Hallway games can be great, but I feel like Square-Enix is really bad at it.

FF always gets dumbed down whenever the series switches platforms.

kek, nice bait mate!

XIII has Sazh. Don't know about XV because I never played it.

8 was total trash
Draw system, level scaling and total retarded story

I boycotted 12 for ages as it was real time
Turned out to be a great game

Never played 13 or 15

Also why the hate for 10? is it because its popular like 7 or does everyone just remember cringe laugh scene
X-2 is an abomination though

>Also why the hate for 10? is it because its popular like 7 or does everyone just remember cringe laugh scene

Because compared to the previous games; it was very linear up until the end game. As for me personally I couldn't stand most of the characters and thought blitzball was dumb

To me, X had a very frustrating combat.
Most enemies were scripted in a way like "When taking X damage do this attack" which would completely wipe you out if you dealt too much damage. Like a boss would use 5 attacks in a row if you used something like a summon limit break to damage it. So you basically had to dose your damage to not get killed.
I didn't like the orb system because it break a pattern that FF always had and it's the fact that there's a reason for magic. Like in FFVII the reason was the mako energy. In FFVIII the union between guardian forces and humans. In FFIX it was items, which was lame but still there was some reason to it. In FFX and FFXII magic and skills are just on a board.
And finally, it's the first FF to change the world exploration away from the player and turn it into an interactive movie with puzzles. FFX doesn't have cool secrets. It's mostly getting final weapons, completing the albhed dictionary which feels unimportant, Blitzball which is very repetitive and easy, the secret summons which involve tedious puzzles and the dark summons which is just reusing assets to make the game longer. VII and VIII had long lists of cool things to do.

> Like a boss would use 5 attacks in a row if you used something like a summon limit break to damage it.
It's actually the case that your character just gets less turns after doing an attack like that, it influences his own speed in the turn based order.

>Looks worse than the previous games because because the tech isn't developed enough yet
>you can't call that a step down

I never understood the hate that X-2 gets. I found it far more entertaining to play then X.

The plot was awful and they turned Rikku from a cute tomboy engineer into a fucking skank.

brain damage?

Attached: Reactor5.gif (512x512, 218K)

But who really gives a shit?

I find the plot in most FF games to be retarded. X-2 is completely up front about being campy bullshit so it didn't bother me.

>Enjoyed every FF I played
>Played 1-3, 6-8,10,13, and 15
I really do not understand why people hate games so easily. Yes, they differ in quality greatly, but they still all have individual merits that makes them worth playing.

Attached: 1450414884777.png (300x308, 142K)

>shitting on XI
That's how you instantly recognize true casuals.

>Also why the hate for 10?
Terrible story, most if the characters were bland, especially Yuna, combat was wasted potential both because magic ignored every character mechanic but Auron was literally replaced by a skill. Add in the sphere grid system being shit that eventually had everyone the same outside of limits and the grind for the ultimate weapons being terribly imbalanced (Lulu's was stupid hard and tedious while Wakka's was stupid easy) and you get a mess of a game

She was already a skank

I've played all the mainline games and most of the spin-offs. The only FF game I can say I really didn't like at all was Crisis Core. The gameplay was so incredibly awful that I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

I only ever played FFVII, is X really as bad as people here say? It seems to have quite a unique and appealing setting that doesn't rely on high fantasy conventions, which is what I like 7 for the most

>being casual means not being willing spend spends hundreds of hours on an always online MMO

Some people just don't like those kinds of games. Nothing casual about it

The setting is definitely the best thing about it. One of the best in the series for sure. Other than that though the game ranges from bad to mediocre

>not being willing spend spends hundreds of hour
It's the EXACT definition of being a casual.

I've been trying to play 9, but I hate how long it takes for battles to get going. Is there any way to turn off all those panning shots of the battlefield every time you get into a random battle? It's so time-consuming and pointless. It was neat at first but now it's just annoying.

Don't listen to others' opinions. Just play the games.

I've only ever played 7 and 10 to completion. I thought 10 was fine, though there's no world map and the game tends to be very linear until the very end.

Only on the steam version I think? I love IX but I agree with you, that stuff takes too long.

retard

Crisis Core was my first FF game and I actually liked the combat apart from the slot machine bullshit

>Terrible story,

Not compared to all the other FF games it isn't.

>most if the characters were bland, especially Yuna,

FFX's characters are far more fleshed out than most other FF characters, though not all.

>combat was wasted potential both because magic ignored every character mechanic but Auron was literally replaced by a skill.

What?

>Add in the sphere grid system being shit that eventually had everyone the same outside of limits

Yes. Welcome to every FF game since VII. The only difference between the FFX's leveling system and that of the prior games is that you're given the illusion of choice on how they level up along the way.

>and the grind for the ultimate weapons being terribly imbalanced (Lulu's was stupid hard and tedious while Wakka's was stupid easy)

None of the ultimate weapons require a grind, they just require knowing what to do. But it's a moot point because the ultimate weapons are completely pointless to get. They completely break the game and make all the endgame fights a joke, and even if that's what you want to do you can accomplish that far more easily by crafting custom weapons that meet the same ends.

the world map in 7 actually annoyed the fuck out of me because it felt like filler content, and I hated the random battles when traversing through
I don't get why people think it's desirable

12 and 15 are the only good games. So I have no idea what OP is talking about.
pretty much. FFs turn based system is the most panta on head, numbingly boring/simple system in games. Always makes me scratch my head when they complain about XV.

I thought it was good. It's linear in a map sense which was a draw back for a lot of people but it has plenty of side/optional content which I think is more important than having a big empty circle to call open world (FFXIII)

I tried to play Crisis Core but I honestly couldn't figure out how to play it. A weird slot machine with character faces on them would pop up and then the game would do a bunch of shit and I could never figure out how to take control. It was like the game played itself, and played itself badly, and I was just watching it happen.

I mean, someone could simply hate platformers or shooters and go into a thread saying all those are bad purely for the reason that they fall into either of those categories. It isn't saying much.

This.

its sad that an mmo is being praised for its story compared to FF15 and 13 trilogy

Attached: 1563063153687.gif (498x460, 2.78M)

I think story and combat were the things FFXIII did best. They just sacrificed gameplay to tell that story.

Combat was shit because it was rock paper scissors (wakka beats flying, auron beats armored, lulu beats elemental). Basically you needed one character per monster which made Khimari and Rikku useless (Yuna too outside of status effect monsters). But on all FFs all characters have been the same (with the exception of IX I think) except for their limits and weapons. And yet, somehow I agree the sphere grid was shit.

FFXIII trilogy was good

Yea Forums is retarded. FFX is one of the better FFs. Yes the world structure is linear but there's still way more to do outside of the main story than there is in many of the other FF games.

If I had one complaint about it it's that the main storyline is way too easy to play through. Not that FF games have ever been much of a challenge.

Who the fuck ever said X is bad??

no, I don't dislike turn based systems. A large part of why I enjoy SMT is the combat system. But FF did it in a way that was overly simplistic and easy. making it boring. So FF games are primarily enjoyed for the world and characters. since the plot itself can be overly simple generic and boring as well. I would say the opposite is true. people who truly appreciate turn based RPGs are not the ones praising FFs systems.

>Rikku useless
>not abusing Rikku's Mix overdrive, the most overpowered thing in the game

Not only that but Rikku does a 2x attack. She's easily the best end game character

It’s great, play it without a guide or you’re ruining the experience.

I loved X and thought XIII was okay. I liked that FFXIII actually required you to pay minimal attention during bossfights in order to not die. Every FF before it is just "Close your eyes and hold confirm button to win."

Into the trash you go. You have to be 18 to post here.

X is fine. It's not perfect but it's not as bad as people around here like to pretend it is.

>Combat was shit because it was rock paper scissors (wakka beats flying, auron beats armored, lulu beats elemental). Basically you needed one character per monster which made Khimari and Rikku useless (Yuna too outside of status effect monsters).

What kind of retard plays the game like that? I used Tidus, Auron, and Wakka almost the entire game.

I am old enough to be blinded by nostalgia. just not delusional enough.

>Rikku useless
For regular combat I meant, obviously. Limit breaks are not as easy to get as in previous games where you could cast several limit breaks in the same battle plus I don't think you want to waste rare items on normal enemies either. Still, there's no way you can know all the cocktails unless you have a list online or you wasted a lot of time filling the bar and wasting rare items which makes the overdrive kind of silly and grindy. Unless you want to go after the dark aeons you can go through the game as easely without Rikku.

>Every FF before it is just "Close your eyes and hold confirm button to win."
That's FFXV. Try beating any FF before X by just pressing confirm to attack and I promise you won't be able to beat any of them.

>10 has bad characters and plot
No, that's just a meme.
>12's job system is tedious
Not if you play the superior Switch/Xbone editions that let you switch jobs in case you fucked something up
>11, 13, 14 and 15
All true. The only thing mainline FF hasn't ever gotten wrong is music and visuals. Even if all 4 of those games are shit, you can't deny they have good OSTs and look pretty.

>No, that's just a meme.
An opinion is not a meme, dumbshit

What kind of retard can't discern from how the game is designed to play and what people actually do? Do you argue like that in class too, edgy boy? I don't care how you played it, you can actually 1-shot almost anything just with Tidus anyway. But the game is clearly designed that way, it even explicitly tells you so.

anyone else save all their good items for tough encounters in FF, but then have them all at the end still cause there are no tough encounters.

dude are you me?

FF8 and FF9 were the last good Final Fantasy and everyone shit on them.

So Squeenix changed them.

yes

desu linearity is by no means a bad thing in rpg's, an open world needs to actually be well designed for it to be good like in Gothic or BotW, otherwise it's an active detriment to the overall game like in the case of Final Fantasy and most modern games in general

I try to avoid that these days, letting myself use some stuff during the normal progression of the game, but I still get to the end with tons of powerful items.