Dragon age Inquisition

What went wrong?
>inb4 SJWs
dumbass complaint that ignores everything actually wrong with this pile of shit

Attached: inquis.jpg (1920x1080, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2019/04/11/the-depressing-story-behind-the-dragon-age-4-game-that-well-never-get-to-play/#7627fa7e4941
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Can reject all homo companions, one can even be killed
>You can kill the tranny
>You can replace the empress with an emperor (male) who is clearly more competent
>The church is further confirmed to be corrupt

bump

>What went wrong?
can't get eggbro's cock

MMO gameplay and a very diffuse campaign

None of those choices matter.
Also I think the empress fucking the elf is the best end slide.

mmo gameplay
combat system is an absolute insult to the previous games, even da2
the most boring sidequests everywhere

The inquisitor was so bland, voice actors sucked and you start off leading straight away with everyone sucking your dick over how awesome you are already. No personality what so ever you could barely be a jerk at all.

Choices never matter ever unless a game is a standalone

>Old God baby.
>Witch takes the soul kid is fine.
>Dumb elf kills witch.
>Soul of a dragon God now irrelevant.
Good stuff.

Yea Forums seethed about the tranny and tranny qunari but it’s just such a shit game that is very grindy. Only origins is good.

>Give elves their own city state.
>It never happens or falls apart making your sacrifice pointless.

>Side with an old mage. Same kind of mage that can end the world in Inquisition.
>Never hear about it again.

Bioware hasn't made a good game since Dragon Age Origins and you expected anything else to be good?

Are you retarded?

It annoys me people think this is good

Yeah, the choice was too important to matter in a game with sequels

Boring combat
Can't give orders to party members, and only two other members at a time so you basically can't do anything with them
Build variety fucking sucks
Ubishit-tier padding everywhere
Meh companions

I guess they wanted to recreate the success of Kingdoms of Amalur and Hellgate: London so they had to go single player MMO

Attached: snap.png (225x268, 70K)

Only 8 skills available at the time. fuck consoletards

>success of Kingdoms of Amalur
was it really successful? I like the game, and occasionally replay it when I want some comfy classic fantasy fuckery, but I don't think I saw anyone talking about it even at the time of release, aside from the whole bankruptcy fiasco

Man, I was hyped for both of those games. Hellgate really fucked me.

sjws

Major design flaws. This game feels like it had no direction, just a compilation of a popular at the time gameplay features clamped together. The story was tolerable but it drowned in a sea of terrible pointless gameplay. I think it could turn out better if they gave it to more experienced studio.

I actually liked it even though i hate open world and this one in particular has everything I hate in open world games in it. I suppose I still like the setting and characters enough to enjoy it.

Half the areas aren't even needed for story completion. Which is a fucking travesty because emprise du lion is the best area in the game and arguably adds a lot to the corrupted templars story

I forgot about this game. I got to a point where I couldn't progress the main story unless I did a bunch of boring side quests and that was the end of that

no i was being facetious, those games were giant flops

i can't take a game seriously when the enemies respawn after like 10 minutes while you're STILL IN THE SAME LOCATION

I think mages suck!

Attached: 1533482961145.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

Attached: 1525614816493.jpg (500x344, 79K)

Attached: 1556302251646.jpg (640x2880, 550K)

Attached: Every thread.png (800x550, 611K)

Man it's so stupid that the only way they can write a scenario where mages are ever justifiable is to make templars just as corrupted as mages, but by sheer hamfisted accident rather than by the nature of their existence.

Mages fucking suck

sera is shit not because she calls best girl a bitch (because, let's be honest here, Vivienne is a bitch even if she is best girl) but because she's a greasy ugly annoying moss licker. I played the game for the first time last year and was willing to go into it with an open mind. But couldn't stomach her for longer than her introduction mission and immediately told her to fuck off. That's how fucking annoying of a character she is. Even Dorian 'I'M GAY, BOY DO I LOVE TO SUCK COCK DID I TELL YOU THAT I TAKE IT UP THE ARSE EVERY NIGHT?" Pavus wasn't as annoying, in fact he was pretty based occasionally

>Half the areas
Pretty sure the Hinterlands is the only one. The other 11 are just padding.

lmao even playing an apostate elven mage I still chose to side with the templars, and condemned fellow mages to tranquility left and right. Mages are fucking retards

>BLOOD MAGIC GAY CONVERSION THERAPY
I can't believe this was a real storyline

>mmo mechanics in a first player game

The game takes fucking forever to get anywhere, it's a shame that it's so bloated.

Frostbite

>What went wrong?
95% of the game is just filler

I have somehow missed that. Or maybe I just forcefully replaced it in my mind

Attached: 1557253093423.png (1080x1282, 315K)

Companionship mostly all sucked.

The open world was boring and lifeless.

Too many fetch quests.

The war table was just a time gate to stretch out the games play time.

Villain was shit.

Story was bland and forgettable.

Gameplay is horrid. DAO wasn't that good gameplay wise to begin with but Cisquisition has simplified everything about it to utmost extent. Shitty classes, shitty magic, being forced to hold a button for basic auto-attack, it's all around awful and even 2 had better gameplay. They even removed the gambit system which was the best thing about DAO.
World, quest design, encounter design are all shit. They reek of some cheaply made MMO. There's some good looking but dead environments since only the environmental artists did their job well.
Characters are by the most part GARBAGE. Your own team is so bad it makes you wish to murder most of them with your bare hands. Sera is one of the worst RPG party members i can remember. Faggot with a moustache whose name i forgot was obvious Gayder's self insert who existed only for agenda pushing. All romantic interests for male characters looked like trash.
Solas and the fact they didn't have the guts to uglify Morrigan are the only good things about the game.

What was the gambit system

AI fine-tuning system from Origins, they stole it from Final Fantasy 12.
Up to this day this is the best way of scripting party members in RPGs for certain actions and it's a bloody shame there's no system like it in Pathfinder for example.

this, plus the huge empty maps

ate that it was MMO single player
ate sjw shit
ate the main/secondary story
ate half of the characters
luv it's last story dlc
luv combat overall
luv Morrigan SFM
simple as

>game lets you upgrade the castle making you think it will get seiged later on
>"it was just for aesthetic purposes lmao"

MMO style quest design
Vast open worlds with nothing in it.
Pain to navigate.
Conversations drag on forever and ever often regurgitating info
Quests that require real life wait times

A lot.

predictions for dragon age 4 bros? how bad is it going to get

$4.99 XP boosts

I bet they will charge money to speed up the wartable

WHY DID THIS GAME GET GAME OF THE YEAR AND SUCH GOOD REVIEWS HOLY FUCK

Wish they would stop teasing the warden and give them an ending (if they aren't dead)

I liked it. Great companions, probably the best in any bioware game. Great banter. Great lore. The fetch quest bullshit it's overblown, the collect mineral samples are not real quests as they are infinite, just there if you want to gain some influnce while farming for crafting. The story is good and Solas it's the best Bioware villain. The DLCs are also good. I didn't have any problems with the combat even when it's worse than origins. Deserved the goty, it's the last good bioware game.

Oh you can get it, you just won't be awake or remember that he gave it to you.

Attached: 1551525116975.jpg (490x490, 36K)

>Dorian's misogynistic remarks toward female inquisitors

Are they claiming it's misogynistic because he flirts with the female Inquisitor too just like he does the male one?

They dumbed down the classes and skills from origins, now you have few passives and some actives to tap everytime the cooldown ends. Even on high difficulty, past level 5 there is no mana/stamina managment.
The plot is written by some braindead morons that took everything wrong with DA2 and doubled down on it. Every bit of lore that DA:O left was torn to pieces.
The necessity for a templar order to keep eye on potentialy dangerous members of society is now NAZIS vs DINDUS. Blood magic, once rare and dangerous, now every fucker at every corner becomes a demon.
A witch you fight in DA:O is now an ancient god that pretended to die because it was all part of keikaku. Knife eared fuckers are now full "WE WUZ KINGS" because writers wanted to put in some smart social commentary.
I forced myself to finish this shit just in order to be able to fully shit on it when shills like you came here sayign that "it wasn't this bad".
It was bad, it was a ton of wasted potential due to dumbing down gameplay, purposely dumb writing, and cheap decisions of recycling every single mechanic they came up with.

>Meet a bunch of templars/demons/mages
>Click on enemy
>Autoattack while pressing a skill once in a while
>A regular enemy goes down in 10 hits
>Repeat the process for all 10 of the templars/demons/mages left
>Your teamates are usless as fuck
>Stumble into another pack of templars/demons/mages
>Repeat the process for every group of templars/demons/mages untill you reach the next rift to close
>Go to next map
>Close all 4 rifts
>Repeat for all maps in the game

Attached: 1550513240473.jpg (1440x810, 143K)

>The necessity for a templar order to keep eye on potentialy dangerous members of society is now NAZIS vs DINDUS.

I love how babies whine about this when DA3 went out of its way to show that Templars are the victims too and being double played by the church. And Vivienne's entire character was telling the mages in the party to stop being dumb fucks when it comes to things like the Circle because it is a necessary evil.

Attached: solas did nothing wrong.png (732x256, 28K)

It's weird because through dialogue bioware seems to want to make the mages look like the good guy victims, but nearly everyone you come across is using blood magic and trying to kill you, they skip any protest and default to summoning demons

what went wrong
>shitty tactical camera
>shitty mmorpg quests and design
>bunch of open maps with nothing to do
>shitty combat and tactics
>unfinished story
>TIMERS FUCKING WHYYYyy
>everything's FUCKING boring
>shitty fucking crafting
>Sera
>the flanderization of Varric
>using the FPS engine with the pretty graphics to make a fucking RPG

what went right
>Dorian
>Solas
>Cass
>Blackwall
>Morrigan

>genuinely cannot think of a single thing inquisition did right
there's gotta be something I'm forgetting
Haven't they given the warden a few endings by now? they should really fucking settle with one

>tfw he meant people - ancient elves

Attached: 1561325542944.jpg (471x388, 94K)

I haven't finished yet (just did in here lies the abyss) but blackwall is fucking dope, good to have an actual warden that isn't anders back in the game. Dorian and Cass are great too

>DA2
>Hi i'm the master of the mages circle, and i want to tell you that mages are not all blood users that turn into demons
>To prove you wrong i will now use blood magic and turn into a demon
They shoudl've stopped after DA:O

last we hear if they are alive is they are trying to find a way to stop the calling

hot

Attached: allsmiles.jpg (1080x1080, 78K)

>good to have an actual warden

Attached: 1551805770073.jpg (640x527, 41K)

Hope you don't really believe Flemeth is dead. That bitch has trump card after trump card.

> good to have an actual warden
Oh user you poor sod

This

Gays, gays make everything shit.
No class.
no style.
no right to exist.

Its dragon dildo buttfuckquistion

The only thing this was a gay service to inject as much gays in every portion of the gayme.

>hahahaha faggots can be coolt to you know!

One of the few things that went right with Inquisition

>trump card

Fuck off back /pol/ migafag

reminder that the gay boy with a literal "my dad doesn't like my gayness" quest is unironically one of the best, most bro-tier characters

Attached: actualwardeniswearonmemom.jpg (250x250, 11K)

FOR THE LOVE OF ANDRASTE STOP USING THAT HORRIBLE APP

The combat isn’t fun, and the story is fucking bland beyond comprehension. There’s literally no reason to play the game, I couldn’t stand it.

No

Attached: C9gC6W2UIAAeN2Q.jpg (465x465, 33K)

fuck off faggot, if this was real RPG like baldursgate you could have fucking killed that gay nigger on the spot.

Even fucking jagged alliance 2 A MORE OF A FUCKING RPG THEN THIS BIOSHIT DESASTER AND IT WAS NOT EVEN MADE OR BUILD AS A RPG!

Having other problems doesn't meant it can't also have problems caused by being sjw. 6

Game overall has the best companions of all the games.

That said story was lame and villain had nonsensical intentions.

Shitty cellphone game they shoehorned in was bad.

"Open" world did the game a disservice. There was nothing to do in the open world. Side quests often didn't provide anything of value (similarly to Witcher 3).

You fucking idiot. Yea Forums IS /pol/

Attached: 14960754650515.jpg (450x450, 140K)

>muh boomergate
GET WITH THE TIMES GRANDPA
FUCK YOUR GAY COMPANIONS IN THE BUTT AND QUIP WITH THEM

ESL detected. Trump card has nothing to do with Trump, it means she has some hidden trick.

*tips fedora*
There are no gods you foolish women
*pulls out katana like staff*
I am powerful and know people
*equips trenchcoat of repellance*

I unironically think 2 had the best companions, but that's not saying much.

HAHAHAHAHA BREEEEEEECHES HAHAHAHAHAHA

boomer ahahahahahahah you think i am boomer

Attached: hamburgerhelper.jpg (800x800, 365K)

could they get away with him today?

Attached: oghren.png (591x596, 554K)

What did religious brainlets actually answer to something like this before the 2013 meme with fedoras existed?

>DA4 will be always online games as a service with tacked on multiplayer and microtransactions
>described internally as "Anthem with dragons"

Attached: 1561160263210.jpg (724x724, 31K)

>Further dumbing down and limiting of class and skill system, well beyond even DA2.
>Open world is also an empty world
>Huge amount of shitty fetch quests with little to no long term impact.
>Skyhold upgrades are almost completely cosmetic, and really minor cosmetic changes at that.
>spend the entire main campaign building an army you never see and then end up never really using.

Attached: daoburningthings.jpg (1500x843, 259K)

Considering he calls his lesbo wife a mosslicker, I doubt it

So can we all agree that Skyrim truly ruined the bideogame industry?

>>Skyhold upgrades are almost completely cosmetic, and really minor cosmetic changes at that.
>I bet they'll fix that asshuge hole in the wall near the war room later
>mfw upgrades are done

Attached: 1530483689337.jpg (500x820, 126K)

oghren was truly ahead of his time

At the very least Skyrim was fully single player and it had official modding tools.
Mass Effect was the one responsible for popularizing voiced protagonists which was a far greater sin.

I want to play inquisition but it's too pricey on origin. Plus, there's the DLC. Does it get cheaper during the sales?

Also,.do you need to play da2 to understand the plot?

voiced protagonists worked for ME but holy fuck it does not work for DA, is it popular? because Bioware seem like they will never drop it

Pirate it you dork.

>do you need to play da2 to understand the plot
Eh, kinda. Legacy DLC in particular is relevant.

>paying for bioware games
>current year

Attached: 7qNTrHN.gif (260x195, 2M)

Ha. I’m pretty sure this is bait, but I can only hope it’s true.
>Anthem bombed hard, but if we move it to a dragon age setting then people will like it. This will surely save BioWare and we need you to work 80 hours a week, but we’re only paying you for 40.

goty edition cost me 12 aus bucks during sales, and yes you need to play da2 which is better anyway

>loves playing bow rogue
>you miss too much stuff if you don't play mage

Suffering.

>You literally have to stumble over piles of rubble to get to your master bedroom
>Templar tower or mage tower? LOL doesnt matter, it literally does nothing.
>Your infirmary will be... a small shed!
>or you can go with the practice ring... its literally a ring of wooden fence
>At least we have a few banners hear and there

Skyhold should have been a castle building dream.. but Bioware just cant do anything right anymore.

Attached: DAOhespith.png (500x600, 529K)

Well seeing how even Fallout 4 had a shitty voiced protagonist with horrible dialogue wheel and preset backstory I'd say it became the standard for the AAA "RPGs". Even CP2077 has a voice acted protagonist unfortunately.
Normies don't like reading.

>I’m pretty sure this is bait
I wish it was. But it's not. We had articles of insiders talking about the future of DA4. They had an almost fully realized single player, story heavy RPG before they scrapped it in favor of games as service type of deal. It's so infuriating to read through.

not really

It's probably because leliana embezzled all the money for her molerat husbandry scheme

for anyone interested in what he's talking about
forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2019/04/11/the-depressing-story-behind-the-dragon-age-4-game-that-well-never-get-to-play/#7627fa7e4941

Reminder the Architect was a better villain and had a design 100x better than Corypheus

It wanted to be an MMO but was made a single player game.

Architect was never the villain

I'll say one good thing about the game. Barring the idiotic sing along bit it had a very good soundtrack. Some parts (like the envy demon for example) are prime for usage in ttg

>wanted to turn everyone into darkspawn
>just trust me bro

Voice acted protags aren’t per se bad, but the trend of absolutely horrible writing in these games is real. Fallout 4 isn’t bad because of the protagonist’s voice, it’s bad because the dialogue options are all basically the same. If the writing was sacrificed because of some limitations with Voice Acting then I’d agree, but not sure if that’s the case.(e.g. dumb down the MC’s lines because it costs too much to have quality voice actors for that many lines etc.)

Well seeing as how Dorian is a slave apologist, Cullen still secretly hates mages and wants them to not exist, Solas is elf Hitler, Blackwall spent most of the game stalking Josephine, and Iron Bull being a hypersexed backstabber, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to get away with a drunken dwarf that farts.

The other problem with voiced protags is you click an option and they say nothing like said option indicates or really exaggerate it, with text only you knew what your character was saying.

Origins was the best game, everyone knows it, why do they keep moving away from it?

Any good gay character in western games ? I only know Arcade Gannon and Dorian.

you should look at some of his dialogue toward the female companions again

does zevran count, I know he swings both ways but he was an absolute based lad

>Blackwall spent most of the game stalking Josephine
that was cute, fuck off

And that dialogue is any different from Isabella or Bull, how?

They made an MMO without the actual multiplayer component is the problem.

>all maps are large, mostly empty 'areas' to run around in outside of a select few story locations.
>useless copy pasted fetch quests with no weight or interesting story beats.
>random crafting system tied to finding resource nodes around the map
>lack of healing spells ties the player into an 'out and back' experience between what they want to do and central hub locations.

They were as lazy as they could be, the game reeked of time padding and the mechanical core was weak when you realize it's just an empty world.

And unironically hardly any good characters at all.

Attached: 1562885299123.jpg (599x474, 40K)

>Cullen still secretly hates mages and wants them to not exist
damn, fucking cullen while being an elf mage is absolutely kino. otp

>an unwashed lying fuck that stinks of a stable stalking a cute innocent noblewoman
>cute

t. Blackwall

>he was an absolute based lad
>spare his life
>he still betrays you and calls up his mates to gang bang you in a dark alley
>the only way to avoid this is to become friends with him and listen to his stories where he spat on the corpses of girls he fucked and killed
>if you tell him he's a monster for doing this he agrees but his reputation with you still goes down
>so you literally have to mollycoddle a literal psychopath to avoid back stabbing
>based lad
Yeah. Nah. Interrogate him and slit his throat on every playthrough.

Attached: 1562889116913.gif (436x359, 3.14M)

dorian is only good when he's not babbling about being a faggot which is only like 5% of the time.
But Zevran is absolutely based
If she doesn't mind it I don't see how it's any of your fucking business

no-one wanted ogrhen hitting on them plus he's straight and white

Attached: 1540618277140.gif (200x150, 1015K)

yeah but he's a dwarf so it's hilarious

reminder Oghren is the only companion truly loyal to you and your cause, absolute bro glad he came back for awakening. He should have been the warden instead of stroud

>If she doesn't mind it I don't see how it's any of your fucking business

The Inquisitor made it his business when he cucked the shit out of Blackwall.

>They were as lazy as they could be
They actually wanted to make an MMO but they had to scrap it and reuse the assets. DAI development was an absolute mess. Almost as bad as Andromeda.

>yfw Varrik asks "Where is Hawke?"

Attached: sweatingpepe.jpg (231x218, 8K)

Not my inquisitor. mine was cucked by eggbro being a fade neet and volcel

>mfw that scene was ruined because Varric sounds stoned and the vocal track plays twice

Attached: 1504127100337.png (356x276, 204K)

What do you mean? ME3 sucked dick, Andromeda sucked dick, Anthem sucked dick. Inquisition wasn't any different. Bioware is just creatively dead.

Does being fucked over count as being fucked?

Join the qun

Attached: 1545825885002.jpg (2560x1143, 1.15M)

I'll never understand how people had to make the choice of sacrificing Hawke.
Like, why the fuck would you choose Hawke over Stroud - a literal who.
Also, fuck everyone who put themselves in having to choose between Alistair and Hawke.

Hawke is the champion of a single city, plus to the inquisitor they are both pretty much literaly whos but one is a Grey Warden who can help put shit right in the order, there's also people who hated DA2 and kill him out of spite

Because to the inquisitor both stroud and hawke are literally whos, and Stroud is from now forth indebted to the inquisitor and will make sure that the order will serve the inquisition. Whereas Hawke is just a hobo

Sacrificed my Hawke because it just made sense to choose him over the warden, plus it made sense for my Hawke anyway to go out like that (if they are even dead)

FUCK NO THERE BETTER BE A SCENE IN DA4 WHERE INQUISITOR FINALLY GET EGG'S D OR I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD

>wanting the dick of someone that literally wants you and the whole world to die

Attached: 1558641796872.jpg (1154x866, 86K)

Quizzy knows who Hawke is, it's impossible to now know anything about him given that he's the Quizzy. With that being said, Stroud is just one Grey Warden who is still a literal who even in DA2.
It's still dumb to sacrifice Hawke when he literally fought Cory face to face.

The gameplay and the myriad of shit quests.
When the writing is lackluster, the gameplay is bland and the quests are unegaging what the fuck do you have?

God I hope they don't bring the inquisitor back and go smaller scale, hate everyone worshiping you and sucking your dick even if you're an incompetent fop

>so you literally have to mollycoddle a literal psychopath to avoid back stabbing
Zevran was their attempt to recapture the magic of HK-47, and he was by far the least dull thing in Origins. Or would you post the same no-fun-allowed rant about HK?

Hawke has already given you the information, and yes the Quizzy has heard of Hawke but still, champion of ONE city, Stroud isn't just "one grey warden" he's the most senior ranking in Orlais who actually knows what's up and is needed to help the order afterwards.

Don't worry I'll fuck the stupid out of him

One good thing in tumblr taking an interest in your game is that you'll get top tier cosmetic mods. The Qunari mods for DAI are actually more in-line with all the artwork and comics we've seen so far of the Qunari females.

Attached: 1237-2-1483629861.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

Thank god for tumblr because without their mods all elves in dai would look like troglodites

In retrospect, I cant really blame her for feeling that way after replaying origins some time ago. It really can be a massive slog at times.

But what if you fuck the stupid out of him and it goes into you?

I agree. However elves in DAI have better, less alien meshes than elves in DA2. The main issue characters in DAI have are the horrible textures and speculars. Everybody is greasy and filled with pores. And hair textures seem like polished wood.

Case in point: Sera. Her horrible asymmetric bangs, greasy skin and face riddled with blotches made her uglier than she is. Her face mesh is actually relatively fine looking. Thankfully there are a few good mods that clean her skin as well as give her proper bangs/hairstyles.

Attached: 2154-1524805821-23097014.jpg (1920x1080, 889K)

Attached: the magic of Dragon Age.webm (720x405, 1.6M)

>tfw a dumb fucking knife ear teaches you how to make mages tranquil and actually believes you when you say you won't abuse it

Attached: 1536533361021.png (602x720, 183K)

ahhh
frostbite

>no mod that gives Josephine a non-stupid dress
IT LOOKS SO GOOD IN TAROT ART WHY DOES SHE LOOK LIKE A BUFFOON IN THE GAME????

the only time origins was a slog was the brecillian forest

r8 my inquisitor

Attached: ScreenshotWin32_0086_Final.png (1920x1080, 2.14M)

>brecillian forest
That was one of my most enjoyable parts of the game kek. It really felt whimsical while also being dark fantasy. Rhyming ent was a cherry on top.

The downright worst part of Origins is the Fade.

You're capable of assessing it as a pile of shit. Why aren't you capable of identifying what went wrong yourself?

Attached: 1332372217966.png (500x500, 16K)

>seen some shit/10

He looks like he's ready to write me down in his book of grudges.

He looks like he'd appear in a movie as a creepy background guy, who ends up saving the main character at some point and is revealed to have a heart of gold.

I never understood why Cullen has so many fangirls who like to romance him with their female mages, when he's literally a murderer who killed a couple apprentices in Ferelden before running away to Kirkwall where his crimes were rewarded with a promotion.

The Fade would be great if it wasn't for the pressure of finding all the stats

>when he's literally a murderer who killed a couple apprentices in Ferelden
>killing mages
>bad
pick one

Yeah it's a hell for minmaxers.

Cullen's only flaw is that he requires Lyrium through a crackpipe to power his abilities.

A true warrior needs nothing but steel and indomitable willpower.

Attached: Champion's-Standard.png (651x915, 470K)

didn't Alistair imply in Origins the templars don't even need to keep taking Lyrium the Chantry just gets them addicted for control, the Warden sure as fuck didn't need to if they went templar

I thought the game was overall good and had fun gameplay while flaws for me were...

>A few bugs that resulted in me having to reboot and reload
>Animal rights bitching in the expansion sequel (fuck dragons)
>Tossed on homosexual quest about sexual desiring alterations
>Lack of romance options (lesser issue)

Also, some complaints here I disagree with since the Church being corrupt is just what happens with big international organizations that exist for a long time.

On a side note, I liked a bunch of the dialogue options from Inquisitor Trevelyan being able to say how his people only get called wild barbarians because they don't feel the need to have some Empress holding their hand throughout life and being able to say "well... shit" when learning that you have to deal with an upper grade demon.

>he requires Lyrium
>falling for chantry tricks

Attached: amusedgoose.jpg (590x788, 62K)

Bioware fucking sucks and this game in particular was the start of their “let’s just make a single player MMO” phase

My greatest issue with it is the complete lack of evil options and choices. DAO you could be a complete monster, killing kids and sacrificing elves and can literally kill or drive away every companion.
DAI the worst you can be is slightly dickish, can't kill any of the companions, and everyone still loves and worships you. You don't even whip out the murder knife at anyone anymore, its trash.

Dorian appears to be cool initially but his quests triggered my Mass Effect 2 PTSD flashbacks.

Yeah, but it seems like Lyrium does have some sort of affect on normal people though.The most common explaination is that it makes Templar abilities much stronger. Could be a valid theory considering the PC's templar abilities in DAO and DA2 are not particularly strong compared to DAI and what is found in lore.

Attached: daotemplar.png (610x484, 223K)

The part about Dorian that always gets me is before the game release Bioware kept going on and praising how amazing Dorian is because he's the first full gay character companion in the series and how progressive this is, then when you actually play the game he is literally the most stereotypical flaming homo guy with daddy issues as his personal quest.
It's so hypocritical to call this shit progressive it becomes hilarious to me.

Warden Templar was pretty fucking buff user

No, because HO was actually a fun, interesting character who was LITERALLY built that way. It is genuinely not his fault and a clever subversion of the C3-P0 stereotype. A fucking asshole elf is a normal elf.

The elves of Dragon Age unironically deserved everything that happened to them

That's true for pretty much all elves across fantasy settings.

Yeah the OST guys are the only real talent left at Bioware.

Only boomers would type out ahahahahaha and think that's not cring

True. Dragon Age elves are currently in poverty stricken ghettos though, as opposed to most other elves

because this game was literally tailor made to please gaming journos.

I thought journos wanted to finish games as fast as possible so they can pump out shitty reviews; it's really hard to finish this game quickly because the War Table sucks dick and is required

>no blood magic
>only necromancy for pussies
fuck this game

A decent 20-30 hour RPG spread over an 80-hour snoozefest. Story quests are decent enough for the most part, but pretty much all side content is inconsequential and - worst of all - boring to play through.

Fuck sera, literally the worst character
i wish i could kill her annoying ass somehow

>DID YOU HEAR ABOUT MY TRANNY SQUAD?
god i fucking hated bull sometimes

but he literally wanted to fuck Zevran, so it's fine i quess