Everyone loves to bring up BOTW’s 97 to shut down criticism of it but why does no one talk about this...

Everyone loves to bring up BOTW’s 97 to shut down criticism of it but why does no one talk about this, if it’s supposedly just as good.

Attached: 1473F882-C916-4C58-8AE6-FE9A53A94024.jpg (1214x887, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all/filtered
youtu.be/GxWhfhmh4PY
youtube.com/watch?v=xCEDlpaUXVE
gotylist.com/
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RDR2 is the definition of bloat.

Because a Rockstar game doesnt have drones of manchildren that were conditioned over decades to blindly follow their master Nintendo.

Friendly reminder that BOTW fans DDOSs Sterling because he gave the game a (very fair) 7.0, as well as attacking other sites who gave the game similar 7-8 scores - BEFORE THEY EVEN PLAYED IT THEMSELVES!
Also launching a campaign against HZD on metacritic. There's tons of people who wrote 0 reviews for HZD and 10 for BOTW. I dunno if meta has cracked down on them by now, but at release it was ridiculsously transparent.

Thats why people dont take the same arguments for other games. Its because Nintendo fans are knowingly retarded.

The difference is that after the hype died down a few months after release every one was talking about how disappointing it was. It couldn't even win GOTY.

Meanwhile, nearly THREE YEARS after BotW's release - long after the hype has died down - people are still calling it a masterpiece.

Attached: 1555967554017.png (1485x900, 320K)

>it’s supposedly just as good
Hahahahahahaha

This.

This, it's much better

Attached: breath_of_the_wild_red_dead_redemption_2.jpg (1918x2162, 1.09M)

Rockstar's main audience are normals who don't care enough to go online to talk about video games.
Nintendo's main audience are autistic manchildren unable to move past children's games, much less accept critique of those games.
Which of these groups do you think are more likely to be on Yea Forums?

Attached: a.png (644x644, 936K)

Sorry you can't handle reality.

>muh graphics
Look, I loved RDR2 and haven't played BotW, but your argument is just embarassing

>but why does no one talk about this, if it’s supposedly just as good.
Because the audiences are different, BOTW is for people who like video games, while RDR2 is for people who want to experience movies. And RDR2fags only cared about the score to spite Nintendolts.

bad game

>Game journalism
Nobody cares, tranny.

Attached: 1562172265960.png (591x830, 156K)

All thread will lead to is 500+ post of console warring like this.

I'll save you all the time, I own both games. RDR2 is a superb game but it is let down by slavish attention to detail and archiac game design. BotW is by far the better video game and feels like a genuine evolution for the open world genre. Sorry if that upsets anyone.

Attached: 766.jpg (2499x2001, 2.24M)

>Rockstar game doesnt have drones of manchildren
lmao yes they do
theres a billion kids who mindlessly foam for games like gta V
fuck off

>gets BTFO
>it-it doesn't count!

lmao its so much fun watching you cry.

>Movie game buzzword
Is this how you cope with Rockstar absolutely dominating once again? Pathetic.

I played both botw and RDR2. Botw is better, but they are both not deserving of a 97.

This. Delusion is the Nintendofans bread and butter.
Thats also why they pretend that the game has never been critiized to being nothing more than a drawn out tech demo.
Its the Switch's Luigi's Mansion. Shallow and empty and just fun for two hours.
At least RDR features a proper world, set up, characters and story to engage in.

If you're not a kid and dont think that doing the same enemy camp over and over again, which deliberately has metal crates and explosives dropped around it so you can use the same 4 tools over and over again, then BOTW falls flat on its nose.

Imagine being actually so butthurt you prematurely make a dissing picture about a game thats not even remotely similar to the game you like except for being open world.
Also proving my delusion point.

The issue with BOTW criticism is that people take a bunch of 14 year olds voicing their first gaming crush online as critical consensus.

nobody cares about neet soijak posters either, redd*t

Dominating what? And RDR2 is clearly meant to evoke a cinematic experience. Sorry (not really) that the truth upsets you.

lol cope

>RDR2 is clearly meant to evoke a cinematic experience
not in the way Yea Forums uses it to denote Naughty Dog TLOU style games, which RDR2 is not

Imagine you're to retarded and desperate to shitpost you'll actually claim things to the effect of Rockstar not having an army of shitposting manchildren, lmao.

Dominating sales and video games overall. Keep coping and spouting buzzwords, manchild.

Because unlike snoys, nintendkids don't tend to start up threads shitting on other games people like. They may be manchildren but at least they're not immature obnoxious assholes.

There are plenty of examples of the reverse happening on the metacritic side, so both sides are equally retarded desu
Hell it was probably launched by the Horizonfags first because they were insecure about BotW getting a higher score than HZD, and so the Zeldafags retaliated

Attached: metacritic.jpg (819x422, 38K)

I don't care for Rockstar's generic shit games mind you and Zelda's setting and style appeals more to me although I wish it had a bit more darker themes in it (undead, dark magic etc. from classic medieval stories/folklore).
But to say that BOTW is the "best game ever" simply does not fly because the "best game" is purely up to taste and preference, it might be in the top 5 in it's genre, but there's a lot of other big genres with equally enjoyable games to play.
At this point, especially here, it just feels like console/publisher football-esque team shitflinging.

>He says, after posting literally nothing but buzzwords
user some self-awareness would be great right about now.

>literally "see that mountain you can climb it"
I guess its ok when Nintendo does it huh?

Whats even more embarassing about this is that previous Zelda games had at least interesting things on such occasions. Now there's not even a heart piece or a gadget puzzle.
No, BOTW just has a single rock that you pick up for a korok collectathron.

And fuck me that image is embarassing. I dont even like RDR2 that much but this guy I'm not such a shitter to have ever been blocked when riding or falling off mountains. That must be the biggest strawman I've seen in ages.

Ninshitchcels

lol seething

Maybe try some of that yourself when shitting on one of the best games of all time :)

Can't blame Nintendo for wanting a bit of Rockstars success, RDR 2 is the game of the decade.

Attached: 1560301882463.png (1186x570, 71K)

are you crying right now?

It's actually better than Bore of the Wild.

Nintendofags are in eternal seething cope mode after Chadstar made an absolute fucking mockery of Nintendo's best coders - as they have done for 20 years - and they did it all on a 5 year old toaster shitbox!

Attached: disaster of the wild BTFO by rdr2.jpg (876x448, 152K)

>Hell it was probably launched by the Horizonfags first
Nah he's right on that. There were even articles on the matter, due to how blatant it was.

Sure, metacritic is full of morons doing it, so you can find opposite examples. But the Zelda thing was so organised they literally annoucned it.

>BOTW criticism is that people take a bunch of 14 year olds voicing their first gaming crush online as critical consensus.

No not really. The trouble is that this site is populated by teeny boppers who don't understand the first fucking thing about about game design.

You think that violence, swearing and nudity = deep mature content. Thats how shallow and immature you are.

Meanwhile, actual adults who understand game design and acutal fucking game developers who DESIGN video games themselves absolutely fawn over BotW because they are more educated than you. Thats why you're utter confused and dumbfounded over the praise and awards showered on BotW.

Its like listening to a child trying to convince me The Godfather is a bad movie.

> it-its just shallow! First 40 minutes are all about a wedding!
>no tits or car chases or cgi robots!
>it-its shit!

Go away and vent your jealous rage of Nintendo elsewhere child.

Attached: 1562982934663.jpg (1223x959, 141K)

Whining about being bad at the game and unable to handle simple durability mechanics is not criticism.

LOL, COPE harder.
Literally more people in this thread are shitting on botw than of talking about rdr2.
Maybe stop your victim complex about the evil "nintendies" and stop projecting.

c*nsole warriors are pathetic

Attached: games.jpg (2704x2028, 865K)

RDR 2 is actuallly higher on the list of the best games of all time

Attached: 20190710_003801.jpg (1065x956, 280K)

>You think that violence, swearing and nudity = deep mature content. Thats how shallow and immature you are.
People forget that games like Mortal Combat and Doom, were made for edgy teenagers, around 13 at most.
Same with Half-life.
They are probably the same people who preferred Sonic for being the mature alternative to Mario.

When you're at the top of the tree you can only look down kiddo.

This guy has been seething for 3 years. THREE YEARS OF TEARS lmao

Attached: 1543487164421.png (841x836, 176K)

WHOOPS

>GTA4 is higher than RDR2
So, Rockstar basically took a step back, according to RDR2fags?

FUCKING DELETE THIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THERE GOES MY ONLY ARGUMENT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just like Nintendo did by removing good music and dungeons from Zelda.

>OoT is top
Get fucked RDR2fags

cringe post my dude, have sex!

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

what argument

>Brown and bloom Cowboy GTA
Botw is shit too, by the way.

GOTY 2017
vs
G̶O̶T̶Y̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶8̶

WHOOPS!

You'd think after THREE YEARS you would have found a way to cope. I guess not. I guess you'll have to spend another three years trying to convince yourself every day. Wow, I wonder what that's like?

Attached: WhatCulture.jpg (1011x1024, 143K)

spbp

Snoyshits get BTFO by based idort. Not been a good year for them has it?

Attached: 1562112677469.jpg (708x800, 95K)

BOTW is a huge playground, designed from the ground up to be played with the DIY effect. Impressive at what it does and how it accomplishes it by constantly evolving its simple but great premise, and taking many open world elements to a next level to serve its purpose, but unfortunately sacrificing some elements that made Zelda great in the past for many people, and missing tight direction.

RDR2 is a cinematic story driven game with a world designed around narrative and an impressive and astonishing amount of detail, meaningful interactions and characters. As well as having one of the tightest directions ever. Also juggling open world gameplay and focused progression in story missions perfectly to back each other up. But is too focused on delivering a certain immersive experience for certain players and sacrifices a lot of QoL shortcuts that the wider audience has come to expect from games.

Both of these games are fundamentally different and only absolute brainlets or insecure fanboys would even start comparing them. Being build upon an "open world" foundation does not mean this games are competing in any way. You don't compare GTA and The Witcher either.
There's a good reason why Yea Forums is the only place on the net still doing this bullshit on the regular. Its the only place enabling this ridiculous nonsense.

>Brown and bloom
bruh

Attached: 2019-03-03_1-30-39_PM-krrwqxbh-1.jpg (3840x2160, 2.42M)

It's a different style of game. RDR while it might not be in the same place as a franchise like COD or GTA, it still gets reviewed the same way they do. It's based entirely on a comparison to another game, in the case of RDR it's being compared to the previous RDR and GTA. In the case of COD it only gets reviewed based on other COD games.

Zelda gets reviewed based on the qualities of each individual game. If it's just the same feeling and environments as the previous title it's going to get a shit review,

nonononnoNONONONONO you weren't supposed to post that!

Holy shit instead of being a 97 BOTW is ONLY a 97 holy cope!

Attached: 54.jpg (300x100, 31K)

>Meanwhile, nearly THREE YEARS after BotW's release - long after the hype has died down - people are shitting all over it
ftfy
Don't pretend that 95% of the threads about BotW 6 months after release weren't chock full of criticism and people saying they were disappointed.

>filtered

Whats with the mental illness? Why can't you accept the truth that BotW achieved its 97 with far more reviews and has a far better user rating (despite it being review-bombed by seething Sonyshits)?

Why can't you handle it boy?

Attached: 97.png (1080x1522, 957K)

Let's be honest here, technically both are the same game, just with focus on different mechanics

Attached: 1561556028265.png (1300x1300, 1.55M)

I've only played one of the games so I can only go by what friends have said about the other, but this seems like a sensible post

Nah, just butthurt snoyfags SEETHING that it wasn't the blunder of the century they were begging for.

yeah from autistic neets who CANT COPE lul

>that image
Why do you fags constantly post this like it wasn't written by a literal who? May as well screencap an user on Yea Forums kissing the game's ass. It'd be just as effective.

Yeah, filtered to
>Metascore
>Best games
>All platforms
>All time
Keep COPING. According to metacritics, RDR 2 is a better game than BotW.

Attached: 1525672254674.png (515x594, 43K)

youtu.be/GxWhfhmh4PY

inb4 d-d-doesn't count!

sounds like the only one coping here is you

>"see that mountain you can climb it"
you keep saying that phrase but I don't think you understand what it means

>And RDR2fags only cared about the score to spite Nintendolts
That's rich when
>97 SEETHING LMAO
is the kneejerk response to any form of criticism in BotW threads

>97
VS
>96

Oh dear. Lmfao. Chadstar reigns supreme yet again

Attached: IT WAS OUR FUCKING TURN.jpg (468x353, 78K)

>journalists don't count!
>b-b-but metacritic counts!

Which is it? See this is why you get laughed it. You have to warp reality and truth to suit yourself so you can live another day without committing suicide.

>Because a Rockstar game doesnt have drones of manchildren that were conditioned over decades to blindly follow their master
Imagine actually thinking this.
Any time I enter a thread and dare say anything negative at all about any of rockstars games I get swormed by retards telling me how im butthurt and how I only say that because im seething i cant play it.
Rockstar hasn't release a good game in almost two fucking decades yet have countless amount of blind followers who are still nostalgic over their favorite game of theirs that was released on one of Sony's most library heavy platforms.

Hi Eric, how are things?

>all of those disturbed children attempting to review bomb tony hawks pro skater because god knows why

The mental gymnastics continue.

Pretty sad that snoyfags has to put all their faith in a mulitplat to compete with Nintendo.

Meanwhile

>METACRITICS DON'T MATTER!!! LOOK AT THIS LITERAL WHO SAYING BOTW IS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME, ONLY HE MATTERS!!
Holy shit the cope

Attached: IMG_0869.jpg (1024x635, 45K)

your retarded

>picking the inferior Wii U version to make your argument work

>Metacritics says RDR 2 is better
>"Brian" (literal who) says BotW is beter

Attached: 1563058236830.jpg (398x376, 37K)

>real chads waste three years shitposting on a Mongolian basketweaving tableau like me

Attached: Boogie2988newlook.jpg (1536x2048, 450K)

>pretending like BotWfags don't constantly shit all over the Zelda series as well in their defense of the game
Don't invoke OoT in a positive light only when it suits you BotW shitter.

I mean, metacritic is incredibly dumb because it counts every review equally. For example, there is a 100/100 critical review of Jak 3 by Yahoo which says in its summary that Jak 3 is significantly better than "the disappointment that is Jak 2". Which they also rated 100/100.

dooesnt botw only have a 97 because jim "fat fuck" sterling didn't like it? is that who you associate with?

>Because a Rockstar game doesnt have drones

a great place to stop reading.

What?
You do realize that you are making a literal strawman right now?

>it accomplishes it by constantly evolving its simple but great premise
What? BotW doesn't evolve one bit beyond the plateau. Unless you're talking about enemy recolors.

>the cope

He says this after 1000 days of trying to cope with BotW.

Priceless. You'll never recove will you? Good. I don't want you to get ever get over it. I love the fact you wake up everyday seething about Nintendo.

you realize you're arguing over 2 points different on a critic aggregation site, right? Not to mention the difference in review count and time reviewed.

And Zelda fans seething that it wasn't a Zelda game.

Will you ever recover from metacritics listing RDR 2 higher than BotW on the list of best games of all time? Get over it already, you're embarassing. Literally obsessed with RDR 2, imagine telling yourself that BotW is a better game than it every single day meanwhile metacritics keeps saying that RDR 2 is better.

I wondered why Yea Forums loves BOTW so much. Then I played it and saw how fucking huge and empty the world was and how you'd need at least 10 hours of free time a day to find fun. And that lines up with Yea Forums's NEETness.
I don't have the free time for that anymore.

>imagine telling yourself that BotW is a better game than it every single day meanwhile metacritics keeps saying that RDR 2 is better.

the cheek

Meanwhile...

It was a joke you actual autist.
Jesus fuck Yea Forums is filled with children now.

>inferior Wii U version
The fact that Nintendo gimped the Wii U version and the UI that was clearly designed to be used for the gamepad just so it wouldn't outshine the Switch pisses me off.

meanwhile..

>i was merely pretending

Because it was a snorefest
Way too much boring forced story shit, not enough actual gameplay

lol cope

Were you merely pretending when you made that strawman?

It's embarrassing that you care that much about someone's opinion. The amount of salt that single review generated was hilarious. 8,8 all over again.

>Because it was a snorefest

Attached: 1562716244086.jpg (647x644, 54K)

>Rockstar doesn't have drones

What about the millions of 7-12 year old kids that play the GTA games to look mature and edgy?

It's sony so it's a boring walking simulator

This is only in response to the people who think Metacritic, let alone a difference in one or two points in a score that high to begin with, actually means anything. So answer the question please.

Attached: 113.jpg (329x406, 18K)

Can't COPE
Won't COPE.

You'll notice that Nintenbros don't obsess over RDR2. They don't need. But you've been fucking TRAUMATISED by BotW for three years now.

Mmmmmm delicious tears.

Attached: 1562981623054.png (850x631, 621K)

>You'll notice that Nintenbros don't obsess over RDR2
He says as he keeps denying that metacritics has RDR 2 above BotW. Accept the truth and move on. How long are you going to obsess over RDR 2?

what is an artstyle

lol cope

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 12.09.16 PM.png (1680x348, 304K)

>hancockrealismkillingart.png

youtube.com/watch?v=xCEDlpaUXVE

I played both games and just liked BotW more. Granted there was a lot more story and attention to detail in RDR2, it felt too much like a real life simulator making me do tedious chores for the camp. BotW had the better gameplay, and that's ultimately what I remember games for.

how do I upyike this post

>literally one promotional image
Is this the new way snoyfags COPE?
How pathetic are they?
>tiny video with pathetic channel
Stop shilling your shit channel.

>C- see me after class.

Who cares how anyone responded to you when you were blatantly attempting to move goalposts? I just get annoyed when people will use OoT in threads like these in an attempt to say Nintendo is still on top, while BotW threads are full of people shitting on every Zelda game before BotW in their attempt to defend BotW.
This is my first response to you since making that post btw

How was I moving goalposts?
>while BotW threads are full of people shitting on every Zelda game before BotW in their attempt to defend BotW.
So?

idort here who played both games

RDR2 (PS4 slim)
A nice looking game with a big world with many systems that sadly never go into eachother nor impact gameplay in any big way outside of story progression. Its linear and COD-like mission structure is also really tiring and antithetical to ythe open world design, only 3 missions are memorable at the end of it. The game also treats the player like a baby most of the time, invasive tutorials and hand holdy as fuck. In general I found the first RDR to be a more coherent and cohesive product of quality, where as in RDR2 some systems feel well thought out but others feel like cheap and tacked on shit with no purpose.

BotW ( Switch)
Almost all of the games physics and mechanical systems can be used in cohesion and make some fun problem solving. The combat is quite barebones and I have my gripes with the breakable weapons. The game's narrative structure is the opposite of RDR2, fully open and takes the backseat in order for the gameplay and player to take charge, pure ludo. BotW also lets you fail and miss out on content, almost the whole of the tutorial can be skipped if you aren't interested or if you wanna rush it. The game treats you more like an adult when it comes to difficulty and conveying gameplay mechanics than most modern western games do, so its pretty nice for an exchange.

>cut west content
more like gassy bloat from indigestion

If you want to walk that road, then what validates the opinions of anyone who gave it a higher score? You agreeing with them doesn't mean anything. Individually, they have no more weight and are every bit as subjective as Sterling's.

No, Sterling is a fucking idiot and the fact that you can't see that is telling.

Attached: 08d.png (482x450, 186K)

will botw 2 cause more or less butthurt?
can you even cause more butthurt than botw already has?

Since it will likely be better, more.

Holy fuck how much soi have you taken in to think that violence, drugs and darkness equates to mature?

If you are over the age of 15 and still think this shit, you are a fucking lost cause.

>thread is about BotW vs RDR2 metacritic scores
>RDR2 averages higher
>OoT still beats RDR2!
That is the definition of moving goalposts.

>So?
So don't bring up OoT only when it suits you. It has nothing to do with this thread.

>realistic open world third person cover shooter
>good

maybe if i was a fat retarded american

Stay mad

I'm not ;)

Attached: ff (2).jpg (186x186, 7K)

If BotW 2 is better than BotW, no. I didn't want to be disappointed by BotW, I love Zelda, I just found it extremely flawed, tedious, and repetitive. I'm keeping an open mind about BotW 2 until I know more.

Same. BotW was kinda mediocore with lots of missed potential, but I have faith in Nintendo that they'll learn from it and make the sequel one of the best games of all time.

nintendo game gets high score = its a masterpiece
non nintendo game gets a high score = its paid reviews

this is how it works around here sweaty, if you don't like it feel free to leave :)

Then you wouldn't have brought it up to begin with.

>thread is about BotW vs RDR2 metacritic scores
Pretty sure it is about which is the better game.
>That is the definition of moving goalposts.
It was a joke you stupid nig. If you honestly can't tell I was making a joke about how fucking pointless scores are then I am sorry.
>So don't bring up OoT only when it suits you.
lmao

Attached: 1528885085129.png (355x328, 65K)

I didn't

Attached: 03a.jpg (600x454, 40K)

This. RDR2 was such shit it got forgotten in the 2 months between its release and the game awards so they gave GOTY to a 94 from like 9 months ago lmao

BoTW isn't even on the same league as RDR2. It's an extremely casual game, it's like asking why Pokemon is more popular than an in-depth RPG like Fallout.

I don't really buy the joke bit considering you're pulling the exact same thing right now. You know what this thread is about. The OP couldn't have been more blatant with metacritic scores. And even if the thread wasn't about the metacritic scores, the conversation you were replying to certainly was.

>It was a joke you stupid nig
Jokes are supposed to be funny my dude.

>You know what this thread is about.
Yeah, it is BOTW vs RDR2
Anyone who takes review scores seriously is a retard.

Attached: Yamasaki.jpg (240x250, 6K)

Because Yea Forums is full of autistic children that dont bathe and smell like shit. These retards praise everything Nintendo, no matter how bad it is

>Anyone who takes review scores seriously is a retard
On that we can agree.

Ha, that reasoning is sad, the only ones talking about BOTW currently are sad fuck like you that need to constantly bring it up every single time a new game comes out. Every single game that releases that is remotely open world is the new BOTW killer, its fucking pathetic.

he says in the third thread today SEETHING about Zelda
Sure, that is totally what is happening.
Stop projecting for a second, just because you are obsessed with hating Nintendo doesn't mean they are obsessed with (you)

tough shift at your janitor job eric?

I don't hate Nintendo, I just think BotW is boring and mediocre.

>BOTW is the Godfather of video games

lol

BotW has some great mechanics, but dogshit game design. There's a difference.

calling something dogshit isn't much of an argument user

I got sick of arguing it ages ago and I'm sure as hell not about to waste time with it in a shitposting thread.

I accept your concession

i've played both games for about 150 hours, heres what i think

RDR2:
>more challenging combat (without autoaim)
>better exploration
>better story
>more unique areas
>the other ways of fighting enemies are actually viable
>better graphics
>more things to do
>restrictive and repetitive mission design
>some random encounters repeat themselves
BOTW:
>in the end game when you're really overpowered, you can mess around with weapons other than swords and bows
>Easier traversal of the world (might be a good thing or a bad thing, but for zelda, it's good because there's not much to miss in the world)
>empty world other than shrines and copy-pasted stables
>combat is repetitive (shield, wait for the enemy to attack, backflip, slow down time and spam y)
>after you do all the shrines there's nothing else to do because all of the terrible fetch quests have awful rewards

overall I'd say rdr2 is the better game, but both are amazing

Attached: reddeadbotw.jpg (1000x563, 121K)

not if its actual dogshit

More important question:

Why is it that everytime someone makes a thread about RDR2 criticism, it is just a thread about criticism.
But everytime someone makes a thread criticizing BOTW, it is (and I quote thousands of replies since release of the game) "seething"?

well sure in that case it would be justified

>You think that violence, swearing and nudity = deep mature content. Thats how shallow and immature you are.
That's not at all what I think though.

Your whole post is based on a conjured premise. I'd say its a prime example of coping, given the nonsensical and misplaced rant about the Godfather.

RDR2 is more popular than BotW dumbass, it outsold it in like 1 week.

>Meanwhile, actual adults who understand game design and acutal fucking game developers who DESIGN video games themselves absolutely fawn over BotW because they are more educated than you.
Holy fuck this guy is talking out of his ass. Literally fucking Kojima and CDPR mention RDR2 as a source of inspiration for their next games, nobody gives a shit about BoTW.

>nobody gives a shit about BoTW.

LMAO

BOTW had won GOTY while RDR2 lost to GoW. That speaks volumes of which is an actual game and which isn't.

Go play it if you care about it so much. Or do you only care about it to the extent that it allows you to shitpost on Yea Forums?

Nobody does, BoTW just rehashes gameplay from Witcher and and Ubishit games and slaps the Nintendo branding over it. It's nothing special.

if this game removed all the characters and story and kept small sidequests and just played as a sandbox western rpg/sim, i'd have been happy. but the missions and story was fucking unbearable.

Funny because BoTW2 is inspired by RDR2.

>Meanwhile, nearly THREE YEARS after BotW's release - long after the hype has died down - people are still calling it a masterpiece.
What? The general consensus is that it was hilariously overrated by critics.

Even a movie game starring Kratos is more beloved by the players than BoTW.

Attached: gow-nintendo.jpg (437x1244, 174K)

No, some of the younger developers on the BotW2 team has been inspired by RDR2. The older generation are still making a puzzle-adventure game like always.

>It's nothing special.

The seethe is real.

Attached: 1562274889134.jpg (576x507, 49K)

TODDLERS STAY BTFO

Attached: IMG_20190714_154052.jpg (985x702, 126K)

Then why are there so many SEETHING about it in this thread?
Like both of (you).

If nobody actually cared, you wouldn't even have replied to this thread.

>and feels like a genuine evolution for the open world genre.
BoTW does pretty much nothing that SOTC/Just Cause haven't already done.

When you're at the top of the tree, you can only look down.

Attached: 1562024042216.jpg (240x251, 23K)

Attached: IMG_20190714_154155.jpg (992x462, 77K)

Played it
Finished it
Did not have fun

It got its score purely from being a graphically impressive movie from people who clearly hate video games.

>What? The general consensus is that it was hilariously overrated by critics.
Maybe on /sonygaf/, nobody outside of your echo chamber agrees.

>The older generation are still making a puzzle-adventure game
BoTW wasn't this though.

Is Metacritic now an "echo chamber"? Because it has by far the biggest number of votes in any net site available. It's by far the best representation of masses we have.

>BoTW does pretty much nothing that SOTC/Just Cause haven't already done.

LOL there it is.

TODDLERS B T F O

Attached: IMG_20190714_154356.jpg (971x481, 82K)

Can't cope with the truth. Nintenfags only stick to Nintendo and don't even realize how Just Cause 2 already BTFO it in every way.

Attached: jcsanta.webm (1244x700, 2.86M)

Better yet. RDR2 won more GotY awards and is the inspiration for the sequel of breath of the wild.

gotylist.com/

Nintendo lost kek

Attached: Screenshot_20190612-090454.jpg (1440x1790, 483K)

That's JC4 though.

Yeah, because snoyfags on Yea Forums aren't famous for review bombing anything they don't like.
Nice try.

GoW won GOTY because most of the gaming media went for the underdog with the comeback story instead of the monster behemoth RDR2. And RDR already won GOTY in 2010, so they were hesitant to shower the direct sequel with awards as well. It wasn't actually about which is game is better. It's stupid but that's how the gaming press thinks.

>BoTW just rehashes gameplay from Witcher
what?

>He is SEETHING so hard he spams the exact same quote multiple times
LOL, snoyfags really are pathetic.

Yeah, funny how it's a conspiracy the moment the numbers destroy your shit narrative.

Attached: Nintendo paid reviews.jpg (609x696, 98K)

Top: Soul
Bottom: Soulless

actual adults who understand game design and acutal fucking game developers who DESIGN video games themselves absolutely fawn over BotW because they are more educated than you.
OH NO NO NO NO
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SAY THE LINE AGAIN

Attached: IMG_20190714_154651.jpg (997x475, 81K)

Because it's so massively forgetable.

>conspiracy
LOL, everybody knows what review bombing is, nice try snoyfag.

It sucks that rockstars fucked Nintendo's tight pussy since October 2001

RDR2 has more awards than BotW or GoW
gotylist.com/

Yup.

Attached: nintendo cult.jpg (486x164, 17K)

>Still SEETHING three years later
Have sex, or did seeing botw be a massive success give you erectile dysfunction?

Evryone can get into Zelda because it's a game made for children, but to enjoy RDR2 you need to have a delevoped taste. It's like comparing Marvel to proper film. Both are critically acclaimed but couldn't be any more different.

Why do Nincels get shafted every where they go?
I kinda feel bad for them

>Actually believing anything victim complex Sterling says
So this is the power of snoyfags, literally run to the first homo eceleb.
Protip: He refused to show any numbers afterwards on purpose.

>lost the award that mattered the most

Attached: 1520914382225.jpg (1200x675, 114K)

>i-it's a conspiracy
lmao

Because BOTW is an actual open world game, unlike RDR2 which is literally a railroad in a big map.

I don't care that it succeeded, I can play it on 4k 60fps on my PC if I want. I'm simply ousting the fact that your lying and shilling for a megacorp.

imagine actually thinking this, lmao

Those who decided to actually play it are still stuck in the tutorial which seemed to go on for three or four Months. Legend says that you actually get to play the game at some point.

Lol sure kid. Nintendo has jumped on rockstar's open-world bandwagon not the other way around.

>I don't care that it succeeded, I can play it on 4k 60fps on my PC if I want. I'm simply ousting the fact that your lying and shilling for a megacorp.
That just sounds like COPING harder than I thought imaginable.
Did Zelda rape you so hard it still hurts or why are you so upset?
Making dozens of images must have been a lot of work, how butthurt did it make you?

Legend of Zelda 1 was open world before Rockstar was even a company. Wind Waker was Open World.

>he still denies facts
LOL, snoyfags are delusional as always.
Remember that the next time people call you out for being the worst fanbase in existence.

I thought RDR2 was generally regarded as pretty good. What are you talking about?

>cope cope cope
You're a broken record dude, just admit defeat.

Maybe just like GTA IV, people are realizing how overrated it really is.

The type of open world BotW is was started during the GTA3-SA days.

>Still mad as fuck
Why not calm down.
If you spend your entire life SEETHING at botw, you will never get a gf.

>Remember that the next time people call you out for being the worst fanbase in existence.
Have you sent your censorship bureau a thank you note this year?

Attached: nintendogaf shilling collage.jpg (1024x683, 267K)

But it's a fact. Anyone can enjoy zelda beacuse it's a fun, simple, easy game with good mechanics to play around for a while. While RDR2 can only be enjoyed if you have the patience for it. It's a game designed for people who walk on purpose in games just for the inmersion. Everyone can enjoy coca-cola but not everyone would enjoy scotch.

>Saving this many images to COPE with life
Yep, that's a snoyfag alright.
How many nights have you cried yourself to sleep over Botw being well received?

FUCK YOU MUH HONORABLE JAPANESE COMPANY MAKE BETTER GAME!!!!!!

Attached: 89a2fd43-3240-4013-9da4-c6e500e3c3d6.jpg (640x360, 102K)

>It's a game designed for people who walk on purpose in games just for the inmersion
Unless you do a mission, in which case walking two meters into the wrong direction is an instant failure.
Nice "immersion".

>Anyone can enjoy zelda beacuse it's a fun, simple, easy game with good mechanics to play around for a while. While RDR2 can only be enjoyed if you have the patience for it. It's a game designed for people who walk on purpose in games just for the inmersion. Everyone can enjoy coca-cola but not everyone would enjoy scotch.
Yet more are seeking RDR2 for a gaming experience over Zelda

Zelda is a game for kiddies and manchildren. RDR2 is a Rockstar open world boasting insane graphics and tons of content, as well as an actual storyline. It has a broader appeal than kiddie Nintendoshit, that's why it sold more. Stop pretending you're mature for enjoying the more normiecore kind of game outside of Fortnite and CoD.

But you could actually climb that mountain then sheild surf don’t that bitch then paraglide away like a mother fucking champ

lmao go suck some treehouse cock little nincel

>Unless you do a mission, in which case walking two meters into the wrong direction is an instant failure.
Of course it would be, as Arthur wouldn't just start doing retarded things as that it's not his personality. If you were the audience for RDR2, you would never fail any mission for doing something that you weren't supposed to, as you would always do what's it's expected of Arthur without even needing the game to tell you.

>If you were the audience for RDR2, you would never fail any mission for doing something that you weren't supposed to, as you would always do what's it's expected of Arthur without even needing the game to tell you.
That barely sound like a video game at this point, more like a hyper normalfag rail shooter.

Some space for player expression is needed to make a good GAME.

RDR2 sold more because of brand name. It would have half the sales if it wasn't a Rockstar game, as normies turn against it after the first week. Journalists also ended up turning against it and giving GOTY awards to the inferior game.

>lmao go suck some treehouse cock little nincel
>Literally reduced so snoyfag buzzwords
Did those words hit you so deep you became retarded?

But Zelda doesn't sell because of brand name right?

RDR2 sold because RDR1 was excellent.

BoTW sold because it's the only open-world game on Switch.

>Some space for player expression is needed to make a good GAME.
You have the open world for that. I was just talking about the missions. Arthur wouldn't hogtie someone and drag them with their horse but veryone it's going to do that in the game.

Ok user, you're so mature and patrician for enjoying this incredibly easy and casual mass-marketed hyped up AAA Rockstar normie game where every mission is a shooting gallery. Truly a gentleman of refined taste.

Zelda games don't sell particularly great. BOTW sold almost over twice the previous best selling game.

>Ok user, you're so mature and patrician for enjoying this incredibly easy and casual mass-marketed hyped up AAA Rockstar normie game where every mission is a shooting gallery. Truly a gentleman of refined taste.
I never said that. I only said that you need a more developed taste to enjoy RDR2 than Zelda and that it's a fact.

>. Arthur wouldn't hogtie someone and drag them with their horse but veryone it's going to do that in the game.
But how is that immersive?
RDR2 is basically two games grafted onto one another with completely conflicting goals and rules.
Not what I would expect from a game that is centered around immersion at all costs.

>gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm
"My expectations, and I mean for me as a Zelda fan, have changed for sure - they've raised the bar when it comes to world crafting and this sense of total immersion I get when I play it" ~ Damien Monnier (CDPR Gameplay Designer)
OH NO NO NO NO

Nigga Nintendo made an open world game before the term was even coined or when every other open world game was “A Zelda clone”

>I never said that. I only said that you need a more developed taste to enjoy RDR2 than Zelda and that it's a fact.
>he actually believes that
Rockstar games are literally the most normalfag games out there.
They are about as mainstream as CoD or FIFA.

"developed taste" my ass, it's normalfag fodder through and through.

>But how is that immersive?
It's not and that's why you don't have to do it. You were the one asking for player agency and the open world gives you that if you want.

Damn dude, your 1 (one) example to my 4 (four) really disproves my argument, NINBINGS WIN AGAIN! SNOY BTFO!

Lmafo yes It seems

I didn't say Rockstar games, i was talking about RDR2. GTAV and BOTW have the same kind of philosophy. GTAV and RDR2 don't.

>Everyone loves to bring up BOTW’s 97 to shut down criticism
>bing up BOTW's 97*
FTFY

>It's not and that's why you don't have to do it. You were the one asking for player agency and the open world gives you that if you want.
But then it would have failed the "developed" taste audience you are trying to pretend RDR2 has.
You can't praise a game for going with an audience that demands immersion above all else (even if it means instantly failing you for the most retarded shit) and then allow it to get away with ignoring this immersion in the open world.

Zelda is casual shit too

>moralfagging about Sterling, the most degenerate fatass in gaming
lmao

>1 (one) example
>article clearly has 2 (two) different developers weighing in
user in charge of counting LMAO

Love both games. Pity the poor fuck who likes one and hates the other

>TFW you hate both Breath of the Redditor and Rockstar Open World Game: Cowboy Flavor
>TFW loved Ocarina of Time and all the 3D Zeldas up to Skyward Sword, but BotW ruined fucking everything and isn't even really a Zelda game
>TFW Rockstar's last good GTA was San Andreas or maybe GTA4 as a generic sandbox
>TFW zoomers and normies arguing which pile of shit tastes better
You all disgust me

Attached: WhatsWrongWithYourFACE.gif (360x196, 2.42M)

> The opinions of Game Devs and Designers are MUCH better than the opinions of the consumers. If these people love it, then EVERYONE should.

If you give game developers too much credit, despite their job being to create something to entice the consumers, then you get bad games. Liking a game and being a game developer is literally fucking irrelevant because the game wasn't made for them specifically, you retard. Now every Dev is going to try and copy the same formula and design and it'll fail.

>You are an actual adult if you understand game design

You're projecting this hard to award yourself some merit. Your games design degree that you went in serious debt for clearly isn't working out for you. Good luck breaking in the industry.

Attached: 1561398620166.jpg (576x559, 48K)

WOAH, TWO (2) SUBORDINATES AT CDPR AND UBISHIT, BINGBROS WIN AGAIN!!! SNOY BTFO

>GTA IV twice on the same board
The fuck?

They do.

Anytime you criticize anything about RDR2, RockStar Defense Force shows up accuses you of being "too young to get it" and brings up the critical acclaim. It's exactly the same thing that BotW gets.

Attached: 1498934426534.jpg (326x329, 23K)

And so did RDR2 over RDR1. What's your point faggot?

>why does no one talk about this
There's a dutchpost thread nearly every week

Attached: 155258578721.png (463x492, 179K)

ITT that one seething mentally ill autist who has wasted YEARS of his life seething over BotW because he can't handle reality.

Every day is a nightmare for him LMFAO.

Attached: 1561416503262.jpg (500x499, 61K)

Yeah but they keep it to talking about the game and not SNOOOY because they don't need to justify their console (unlike Switch owners)

I like Nintendo games a lot. Some of my favorite games are Sony exclusives. I also really like some Xbox series and mostly play on PC.
Can we just enjoy games?

Calm down nincel it's just a game

Attached: Switch shill mentally broke.png (927x622, 84K)

>people are still calling it a masterpiece.
The only threads I see of this shit is people saying "X wasnt that good in botw" and nintendofags instantly going "s-still mad!" instead of ever trying to address the criticism and continuing to act like botw is the greatest game ever made, which only zoomers who never played majora's mask believe.

>Calm down nincel it's just a game

He says this after crying every day over BotW.

Sad.

Attached: ThisIsAmazing.png (1080x1291, 939K)

I wouldn't say that, I love Red Dead 2 and BOTW. I don't think I've ever felt the need to defend my Switch, but it is my favorite console in recent memory. It's not a flagrant fanbase of manchildren or whatever, it's just retards, which are prevalent on both sides of the argument.

You literally post this shit in every thread remotely relevant to BoTW you mentally ill nincel

Attached: Nincel-kun.jpg (1645x915, 136K)

Its been more than two years and morons are still trying to think up 'flaws' in BotW.

Sorry but the uneducated opinions of children don't matter if they can just be laughed at.

Will Nincels ever get over RDR 2 being better than BotW?

RDR2 has ruined other video games for me. I now can't start another game and expect to get more than a few hours until I get bored, drop it and go back to rdr2, I bought it launch day and haven't even touched online

Does the delusion help you cope?

Does the *bing bing* help you *1-up!*?

Sorry partner, this is shit flinging territory
sensible folk like you aren't welcome in these here threads

>sony faggots still buthurt about openworld of the decade
Just get over it.
I am a pc fag but i would rather praise shit that give real gameplay freedom like than some glorified gta 3.

So there have been more than 475 threads made by SEETHING snoyfags over the last 2,5 years?
Holy shit, that is truly pathetic!

But shouldn't Nintendo fags be posting Sony hate threads everyday?
But the most I've seen are sonyfags posting Nintendo hate threads everyday. I just guessed it's because Nintendo Chads have games too play

when I think of masterpieces I think of games like deus ex, or baulders gate. you can call botw good if you want but to say it's better then the likes of those games is absurd

unironically it is one the few modern game that promote gameplay freedom in approche like deus ex or system shock. And it is the probably the only one that got mainstream praise.
Anyway its success can mean only good thing for people who like those old games unlike some gta clone or an other story heavy third person shooter.

Are you talking about Just Cause 3 now? Because that game offers objectively more "gameplay freedom" than BoTW.

>RetreaD Rehashing 2 fags picking a fight with Breath of the Weeaboo fags when RDR2 lost Game of The Year to Dad of Boy
Hmmmm.

Attached: 1546495636555.jpg (838x487, 158K)

based

Attached: 1556758569244.jpg (362x447, 109K)

But i loved just cause 2 so much and praised it for years. I wouldn't say that it objectively offer more "gameplay freedom". But it isn't far.
The third game and forth are just lazy sequels cashing on the amazing jump that happened from first to second game.

I like video games.

Nintendo released two of the most acclaimed video games of all time back to back within months of each other.

Seriously, how is any other developer supposed to compete with that?

Attached: Super-Mario-Odyssey-vs-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Nintendo-Switch-review-874221.jpg (590x350, 76K)

God Dammit, user, a lack of sensibility is what's putting us all at each-other's throats. From the Sony Ponies to the Bing-Bing gang... Even those damn Xboys. It just ain't smart, we all got the same goal, we ain't done anything to one-another except exist. and, I mean, we're all running from the same people. Look, I ain't saying we got to work together, but I insist we draw a line in the sand and call a truce!

Attached: Oh orthur.jpg (1048x525, 97K)

Three years later, snoyfags still utterly anally devastated by Zelda. Fuck me there has never been any game which has caused this much ass-sting.

>Because a Rockstar game doesnt have drones of manchildren that were conditioned over decades to blindly follow their master
The dumbest opinion i've heard in a while. Rockstar is right up there with Nintendo for having a rabid fanbase that think their games are perfect and can do no wrong.

Based idort already called it right at the beginning of the thread but the seethers choose to conveniently ignore him.

Imagine believing this.

>censorship bureau
Located in California right, Snoytard?

Mentall ill and still seething. What a pathetic loser. You have no idea how good it feels knowing how traumatised you are every day about BotW.

You didn't even make the game, why do you feel the need to defend it so hard?

This image sums things up perfectly. BotW is on a different planet compared to every other open world game.

It's on the planet up every Nintendo fanboy's ass, yeah

Snoyfags getting absolutely destroyed in this thread. Good laughs all round.

Keep seething over RDR 2 being the better game. Utterly obsessed and traumatised by the domination and success of RDR 2.

I'm not defending a game. I just wonder why people bring up censorship against Nintendo when it is the one company on the console market not enforcing it on every publisher.

Because it was easier to do this 10 years ago whereas people are much more critical now

They censored a shitty ecchi game, who cares

They totally won't come for the other titles, yeah. DMC5 was just a beginning.

I finished rdr2, I would love to replay it, but only when pc version drops. BoTW is pain in the ass, why the fuck should I grind for korok seeds to get retarded sword

Attached: IMG_20190713_164553.jpg (3840x2160, 828K)

Funny you say that because the RDR2 developers took inspiration from BotW.

Lmao

Dude you've been here for hours now. You've been at this for years. What's wrong with you?

Why are you projecting so hard?

RDR2 is a realism sim
BotW is an open world adventure game for fun.

Nintendo fan here. Nintendo fanboys are literally the dumbest and most idiotic pieces of shit and I hate them so much. They stir so much fucking shit and they try to paint a narrative that they are these poor victims. Like fuck dude they are the biggest cancerous biles of people and I have to associate with them because I happen to love Nintendo games.

God my hatred for them grows by the day.

Attached: 1563030297275m.jpg (986x1024, 180K)

>97
>8.0
What did they mean by this
Bad game

It wasn't Nintendo fanboys who made this thread. It isn't Nintendo fan boys who have been crying and seething for more than two years straight.