Why didn't you play VtM: Redemption yet?

Why didn't you play VtM: Redemption yet?

Or replay with the Age of Redemption mod?
e-mods.net/

Attached: re.jpg (958x960, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wC6KmF1nt4s
e-mods.net/downloads/mods/redemption/VTMR_Widescreen_By_behar.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a shitty Diablo-like hack&slash and the mod makes it even less enjoyable.

Fuck off, Bloodlines cuck.

>implying I didn't

I tried to, but couldn't get it to run.

I played through it for the first time recently. Now I know Christof Romuald is one of the best protagonists around

Attached: VTMR_003.jpg (2560x1440, 347K)

I've already played it and the multiplayer and enjoyed both a lot. The game has some great music too.

youtube.com/watch?v=wC6KmF1nt4s

>that resolution
Have you worked out a way with playing in high resolution without having the upper portion of the screen cut off character's heads and such?

e-mods.net/downloads/mods/redemption/VTMR_Widescreen_By_behar.zip

but I did, ages ago
it was pretty cool, but I kinda remember that getting health was a pain in the ass, a lot of running around to find someone to drink
or maybe I was just a dumb kid not getting something, also a possibility

Does anyone know where I could download that VA version of the soundtrack?

1 "Creepy Green Light" Type O Negative 6:55
2 "Redemption Theme" Kevin Manthei 2:02
3 "Bleed" Youth Engine 3:55
4 "Guilty" Gravity Kills 4:01
5 "Revive" Youth Engine 4:15
6 "Bad Blood" Ministry 4:58
7 "Prague Ardan Chantry" Kevin Manthei 1:31
8 "I Want to Kill You" Darling Violetta 6:14
9 "Real Hi" Youth Engine 2:48
10 "Dark Ages Boss 2" Kevin Manthei 1:36
11 "Hinterland" Cubanate 6:08
12 "Tenebrae" Youth Engine 2:50
13 "Electric Uncle Sam" Primus 2:56

Thank you.

I played it when it came out. Was cool at the time, not sure how it would hold up.

>it was pretty cool, but I kinda remember that getting health was a pain in the ass, a lot of running around to find someone to drink
>or maybe I was just a dumb kid not getting something, also a possibility

Maybe you never discoreved you can have you characters suck blood from each other? Or didn't max feeding and healing.

Why didn't you just use bloodheal and blood vials/packs?

>Maybe you never discoreved you can have you characters suck blood from each other?
I wish they took advantage of that and actually made it have consequences in the narrative.

Appearently Age of Redemptions tries something with it.

>Vampires need blood to survive, but not any blood will do. In Age of Redemption 2017, you now have to take blood quality into consideration when feeding. Drinking from another vampire is now a dangerous prospect as new factors like Kindred Vitae Addiction, Diablerie, and Blood Bonding can be an issue [or a desire]. Vampire’s suffering kindred vitae addiction can no longer find sustenance from mortals, causing the vampire to puke out any mortal blood they feed from. Diablerie can have terrible consequences for vampires on the path of humanity. Being blood bonded in Age of Redemption can cause one vampire to be bound to the unlife of another, resulting in severe penalty to the bonded vampire upon the death of their bonding master. Unlike in vanilla, other limitations have been put on feeding based on clan. The Ventrue can only feed upon good quality blood or suffer vomiting fits on anything lower. Forget feeding off of creatures like Zombu, that’s no longer allowed in AoR. When hunting mortals, be mindful of the target and not all are created equal anymore. Every vial of vitae and every mortal have a variable amount of blood quality and “special effects” which can be positive or negative depending on who is doing the hunting.

The only part of this game I enjoyed was the cheesiness. The gameplay is terrible and if you take the story seriously it's also really really bad. Only way to enjoy this is to play it ironically and laugh at the badness.
Seriously when they did the
>Here take this necklace its represents the patron saint of lost causes
And then later they go
>WOW I GUESS IN THE END... IT WAS IRONIC THAT I GAVE YOU THAT... BECAUSE IT WAS A..... lost cause.......
I burst out laughing. It was gloriously cheesy.

The game sucks ass after the time skip because it ditches the ye olde speak and becomes less cheesy. I dropped it not long after.

Christof coming out of that Society of Leopold building and marveling at fused black stone, i.e. asphalt, was funny as hell.

I would but it started crashing always in the same spot and no amount of modding and fixes solved the issue. Guess I'll stick to Bloodlines

Because it's fucking terrible. I don't think a single person would enjoy Redemption had Bloodlines not become a cult classic.

You're not fooling anyone, the game is terrible all around and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. I had the misfortune of beating the unpatched version due to having no internet and no games (I had to glitch mercurio, and wondered for years how the fuck anyone could beat him naturally), and I can say without hesitation that it was not an enjoyable experience in the slightest. Thankfully it wasn't my only game; I had BG1-2, PS:T, Bloodlines and San Andreas as well... they made that year offline not so terrible, because if all I had was fucking Redemption I wouldn't be typing this right now. I probably would have fucking killed myself.

In conclusion, game is trash, fuck you.

Looool, unpatched? You mean the version where you can only save with the crosses at your bases?

No wonder you're so fucking triggered.

I'm playing it now, actually. Lots of style and brilliantly over the top dialogue.
But my god it is so amazingly not fun at all to actually play. Diablo style movement and 'action' is a cancer upon the RPG genre. If it was turn based, it'd be okay. If it was action based, it'd be okay. But that point 'n click then hope your idiot characters don't trip over each other gameplay makes me crave final death.

That mod sounds shite too. For every thing it fixes it seems to add something worse.

>That mod sounds shite too. For every thing it fixes it seems to add something worse.
Just enable the AI improvements and disable everything else.

>Serena clearly pining after Christof even though he loves Anezka and never gives up on her in the game

Attached: 1488589747901.jpg (640x1500, 143K)

>Serena will never feed from you

Attached: fraser2.jpg (456x320, 15K)

I want to feed from her if you know what I mean.

But I have played it years ago.
Although I haven't ever played VTMB.

fpbp

And I actually beat this game back when it was new.

Attached: The_Embrace_of_Christof.png (1579x828, 510K)

Fuck yeah Type O Negative

Are we gonna meme this game into having a resurgence of popularity?

No, Bloodlines cucks are too many, they won't allow it.

It never stopped being popular. Hell, people still play the multiplayer mode.

Really? It got so overshadowed by bloodlines though. Maybe it has a dedicated fanbase, but that doesn't make it popular.

It's cult popular :^)

Mine bugs out constantly.
The brightness setting is not working and defaults to the darkest setting.
You can't literally see anything at all at certain points.
Also fuck Tremere, if I knew what vicious assholes they are, I'd have killed Max Strauss out of principle.

I have played it. Loved it. But I did not, however, realize there was a mod for it. Thanks, OP.