Thanks for unequipping my guns

Thanks for unequipping my guns.

Thanks for being boring.

Thanks for giving me unlimited money in the 5th mission making all side activities pointless

Thanks for making funding the camp mean nothing.

Thanks for adding generic meet and insult voice options.

Thanks for incredibly linear quests.

Thanks for making the game unplayable without the minimap on.

Thanks for the incredibly long horse rides.

Thanks for the same mission structure every mission.

Thanks for an inconsistent wanted system.

Thanks for clunky controls.

Thanks for firing a developer for trying to fix the broken shooting.

Thanks for crunching the programmers to produce this shit.

Attached: red dead 2.jpg (1200x800, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HjYLY3BGDY4
youtube.com/watch?v=0ME7x7_blf8
youtube.com/watch?v=_MZKbJIhPCk
metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps4/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2018
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Source to fired dev?

rdr2 was short but who said that its not the one to be good is not sure what they have against that studio fat sometimes is ok but he got carried away

Thank you for running like garbage on every console

Thank you for all the nonsensical dead end plotlines like Arthur getting kidnapped, the two families and Bronte

what

Attached: 1562264595010.jpg (540x498, 23K)

Thanks for making me need to eat and drink and make my horse eat and drink.

Thanks for making me change my clothes because of the virtual weather.

And a genuine thanks for presumably cutting the content you had where we had to shit and wipe our arses with leaves in the wild to avoid infections.

Aiming for too much realism kills the fun in games.
Who'd have thought that gamers were trying to avoid reality?

GTA V was released in 2013, that was 6 years ago. They're taking their sweet ass time with GTA 6.

if you like movie games play this shit

You think that's bad, take it online and enjoy the perfect storm of obnoxious bugs and shit-tier game design that consistently gets you killed regularly at the most critical times in a showdown series.

Red Dead Redemption 2 aka "Total Fuckery: The Game"

Attached: dropping arthur morgan off at the pool.png (107x112, 59K)

It's worse than GTA Online

Attached: han solo angry.jpg (970x545, 64K)

I really enjoyed rdr2 but rdr2 isnt meant for everyone, I really never noticed the CRAZY realism like others bitch about ( wow I eat some beans every 15 minutes) but it's fair if you find it boring. It can be slow at times and not suitable for the average ADD ridden gamer.

>Thanks for firing a developer for trying to fix the broken shooting.
source nintenigger

Attached: 1562408402606.gif (268x350, 2.98M)

Cringe.

Attached: cringe farage.png (487x334, 358K)

what was the fifth mission?

Dunno. You make a lot of money early on.

your definition of ''crazy realism'' is waiting for long animations to stop

you have incredible shit taste

>Thank you for running like garbage on every console
t. xbone boy

You ok dude

Thanks for being the best game of the generation.

Thanks for making Yea Forums still butthurt.

Never played RDR2 but it sounds like the classic argument the majority of vee uses to defend their shitty eurojank rpgs

lol cry harder

>Never played RDR2
oh

>using "generic" and "boring" like they are arguments
sorry sir your iq is too low for you to give your opinion

Tuberculosis was a horrible plot point, and holy fuck did they do a bad job of introducing it in the arc.

>Thank you for all the nonsensical dead end plotlines like Arthur getting kidnapped, the two families and Bronte
the whole lemoyne section is so fucking unnecessary. and it ends with a kid getting kidnapped.

lol wrong

Stop trying to convince RDR fanboys that their game is not good. No matter how many facts you present to their faces they still will deny it. Even if you point out the good stuff in the game as well, they will still say things like “cope harder, look at the 97 score,” in an attempt to keep themselves locked in their delusion that their game is GOAT tier. Trying to have a rational debate with Rockstar shills is useless.

Attached: 4821F02C-27BF-4FC0-9350-9E8D7FD50EAF.png (622x621, 772K)

seethe and cope ought to be word filtered to 'I agree' and 'point well made'

How does it compare to the first Red Dead Redemption?

Better on all fronts

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 7_12_2019 10_36_48 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 2.58M)

oops wrong pic

Attached: 7-10-2019_1-10-01_AM-nfysme20.jpg (3840x2160, 3.02M)

Good game

What the fuck

Shit opinions.

RDR1 was infinitely better.

it's slower and filled with unnecessary rpg elements. the setting, albeit beautiful doesn't have a Western atmosphere.

Has anyone even bothered with collecting all the shit the game throws at you? Cards, fossiles, weird stones, that fag that asks you for feathers...
Rockstar tried to make a "realistic" western and then tries to keep you running around in a retarded collectathon out of the N64 days

It was
RDR 1 and 2 are the equivalent of MGS1 and 2
Devs shouldnt take their own games too seriously or they'll end exposing their carences

It's all required for 100% it takes a long time even with a guide

Except RDR2 is also one of the best open worlds you can lose yourself in in vidya. Shit like skyrim doesn't come close.

RDR2 is a zoomer filter and if you don't like it you are a faggot and chug onions

Attached: 1533943444098.png (640x480, 424K)

RDR2 makes Skyrim look good.

No, sorry but no. I tried that when I started to hate the main quest but it was all so fucking dull. RDR2 its all style no substance

huh I guess you just have bad taste

You cannot lose yourself in RDR2 due to how scripted everything is.

in your opinion

No. You can't. You get no input into anything.

lol cope

I haven’t played it since it came out, What was mission 5? I don’t remember having that much money early on but maybe they patched it

Disagree.

the first game is a lot better

I think it's the bank robbery in Valentine.

thanks for making me tap A so fucking much just to use the horse at a somewhat tolerable speed. its the worst way to control a horse ever. the horse slows down if you dont tap like at least twice a second, its bullshit. in the first game you only had to tap once like every 4 gallops, it was a way better rhythm. the horses in 2 are also slow as fuck too, even the arabian.

What was wrong with the shooting that needed to be fixed?

thank you for shoving your autism down everybody's throat

thanks for buying! :)

Emu?

you forgot:

Thanks for not letting me open my inventory in certain areas and in certain walking dialogue sections so i can't check what weapons i might have on me

Thanks for creating a vast open world then limiting the playable area to small invisible corridors during missions

Thanks for making a game where you play as an outlaw but then punish me for doing outlaw things

Thanks for making lawmen have radios and be able to find me in the wilderness 10 seconds after shooting someone when i'm miles away from another person

Thanks for actively taking controls away from me during missions at seemingly random points so that the story continues on its linear path

Thanks for introducing so much realism to the game that it becomes a slog

Thanks for not giving enough or totally wrong instructions on the game mechanics so i have to look up a guide as to how it actually works

lmao stick to fortnite

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

Even with its flaws it's one of the best games that I've ever played. I didn't think that any game could match the satisfaction of shooting people like MP3 did until this came out.

a-user?

the only part of this i enjoyed was the simulation aspects and even then they weren't implemented too well. fuck i hate this game

it runs well on my xbox one x
maybe youre just some poorfag with an original ps4

its always redditors user.
redditors who dont like being btfo on their website so they come to Yea Forums to shipost to get their blood pressure down

RDR2 is Yea Forums's wet dream. ever since the first came out this board dreamed about a game as deliberately uncompromising as this to reject normies.

its the biggest normie filter we have right now

Why the obsession with reddit? Its pathetic

Some people simply aren't made for this game and that's ok

Most people
I dont even know who rockstar was targeting with this game. 90 year olds or something

My biggest problem is they carried almost all of that boring simulation shit into online, where it should be faster and more of an arcade shooter experience. All those needless and time-wasting animations. Having to feed yourself and your horse. Useless camp system that offers no real benefits. Having to buy ammunition. They're slowly adding things to it and tweaking it, so it's getting somewhat better, but the grind to get anywhere remains.

Why has Rockstar been doing this in their games recently, nobody bothers and those that do just look up the locations online. Complete waste of resources

The game pushs the consoles to their limits, gimping the horses was probably a technical limitation to stream the game world easier. Same thing with GTA5, there's a hard-limit to how fast cars can go.

The same people who liked KCD as evidenced by me

You just revealed your own ignorance

The animations are too long? Who are you, Egoraptor?
>WHY CAN'T IT JUST MAKE POOF AND THE STUFF APPEARS LIKE IN MY BING BING WAHOOS RREEEEEEE

Jim Sterling's video on the horror stories at Rockstar has the deets. The place is an insane cult.

Unless you're a documentary-level autistic, no one can believably state that they enjoy watching those tedious skinning animations dozens of times.

you're cringe as fuck OP

The fucking awful controls. The FEEL of everything. Every Rockstar game since GTA3 but exclusing MP3 has had dogshit controls on gamepads. M+KB is night and day in their games. Everyone at Rockstar knows their games are clunky and awful but nobosy is allowed to do anything. There are Glass Door reviews from a year before RDR2's release specifically complaining about how awful and jank the core gameplay is, but they're not allowed to fix it.

They're fine? pretty sure the skinning animations in Red Dead 1 take just as long

Hey guys it seems i located your camp and could simply wipe you guys right now....but that would end the game to soon so nooooooo gotta talk.

pathetic game honestly

Attached: RedDead2_Trailer3_22-Lawman-1929-360.jpg (640x291, 44K)

I like them for the small animals, big ones not so much

what on gods green earth are you talking about. it's GTA where everything takes longer. it isn't some highly advanced uncompromising genius masterpiece

Yeah, and no one likes sitting through those over and over again, either. People would park their horses over animal bodies so they could glitch through and skip it.

Never played this but the combat looks boring. You can just enter deadeye or whatever it's called and click on everyone's heads and end the fight instantly.

Cars would fix this shit game immediately

That's your opinion, but just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it needs to be fixed

And? Maybe you should go back to Fortnite if that looks boring to you. Personally I find DeadEye incredibly fun, challenging, and intellectually stimulating.

>grrrrrrr FurtNurt!! Zoomie zoom zoom!!!

Every fucking time RockStards

GTA San Andreas was better
Bully was better
RDR1 was better

RDR2 is 7-8/10 and issues that seriously hinder it in comparison

Attached: 16605527-D39D-4F39-8166-B8E0A0D705CC.jpg (390x546, 57K)

Whatever problems you have with the controls, RDR 2 has objectively way more depth compared to RDR 1

Attached: 1543394017933.jpg (446x598, 20K)

Pretty sure input delay and awful controls are objective flaws

Again, that's subjective. The input delay makes movement feel weightier and more realistic and the "awful" controls simulate the pressure one would feel in a real gunfight.

The absolute state of RDR2 cucks. I give up

Attached: CMXIhdI.jpg (535x462, 54K)

LET BUILD A HOUSE LADS

Attached: red2 BUILD A HOUSE.webm (1280x720, 2.24M)

>best part of the game is a cutscene with QTEs

RDR should be a sim type game focused on realism and be a slow burn.
Prove me wrong.

give it to me straight bros. is this game worth it?

you're right. this just makes manchildren seethe who only want GTA in the west.

Highly agree, everyone I know who liked rdr2 has either shit taste, or questionable taste.

If you want to be a cowboy.

>Thanks for unequipping my guns.

This is such a bizarre game design choice. It's so incredibly obnoxious and it happens constantly.

This is an objectively false statement that falls apart after playing each game for more than 20 minutes

First off, make your own opinions sheep, second off if you like it you have bad taste, so take the test or don’t waste your time. Either way bahh in another thread.

>ambushed
>SORRY LOL NO GUNS

Thanks rockstar. Guess I better buy more armadillo cards

>letting john have a beard that far along

what are you some goat fucker taliban mudslime. i bet you dont even take baths and let him flirt with the massage ladies because its haram or some shit while you jack off to all those shit missions you spend with the boy trying to get him to like you.

wow almost like it's called the *wild* west for a reason ;)

I feel like the push back against red dead redemption 2 has been met with a lot less resistance than the pushback against botw

controls and animations are admittedly shit but it’s fun to do dumb shit like lassoing strangers or driving wagons off cliffs

Attached: 94C2D4C7-43EA-415E-B690-14DAB0986C3B.gif (280x280, 3.95M)

it was pretty weird and most likely the result of weak writing. not to mention how many agents get killed because they let you go for so long.

I was supposed to love this game, and I don't. So disappointed.

Attached: ExhaustedKojima.jpg (878x1200, 218K)

You people are pathetic. You've been conditioned into NEEDING a reward for every action you do in game. Sometimes things are fun to do just because they're fun to do. Sometimes it's fun to hunt just because it's fun to hunt. Please grow up you zoomers.

I don’t own a switch, never plan to, but having seen many hours of both, rdr2 just falls short in so many areas botw doesn’t

Adults don't feel the need to defend what they like, user. At least entertainment wise.
I love RDR2 but I get a kick out of these people who have a ravenous need to shout at everyone as to why it's shit.

thanks for ruining the reputation of my centuries old company

thanks for frivilous lawsuites

Attached: Screenshot_20190714-120240_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 682K)

They'd hate my game idea about wandering with a group of traders during a fantasy/medieval setting. Would be very sim heavy. Setting up camps, places to sell, etc...

Boring game

Nah dawg, you got the shit all twisted word-word, lemme tell ya rought now tha zoomers luuuuuv dat rdr2 too shet ight? Me n my homies all be playin dat shit jerkin pullin on our shit through our pants, kissing n huggin each other, just like ta get inda mood ya feel?? Theme cowboys was gay as fuck(forreal) that’s why I like that shit, gives me n my niggas a gay outlet.

Attached: boomer.jpg (443x455, 96K)

thanks for making me hold the button to interact with almost anything

seriously, this is the worst fucking mechanic ever, i don't understand how everyone just accepts it. it's so bad that it almost ruins the game. its like the game is asking "do you really want to do this" every fucking time you do anything. Rockstar never did this before, why start now, and why do it for everything? It is unbelievably terrible.

Attached: E7F472BF-F377-4BB2-AB40-3171AC549C32.jpg (684x708, 95K)

Id like it if it didnt control like fucking shit, like RDR2

beardlet

>generic meet and insult voice options.
name another game where you can insult and berate quest givers on a whim. idiot

Oh yes user, the best selling, most critically acclaimed game of 2019 is so underground that only true gamers even know what it is

>game has tap assist option if you dont want to tap so much
>has no effect on the horse which you use like 95% of the time
thanks, dumbasses. why even include the option in the menu if it doesnt effect what actually requires the most tapping

lmao stick to fortnite

Arthur or John?

Attached: 1543574844593.gif (540x200, 2.74M)

people like you are the biggest dumbasses of all. the missions are fucking retarded shoot em ups that completely conflict with the slow paced gameplay outside of them. the survival mechanics are also fucking basic as hell. this game is not "uncompromising", it shoves really shitty missions with a lot of shooting down your throat

Subjective my man. Either learn to maneuver or quit playing and bitching.

Not an argument

i like brokeback mountain cowbow gay sex with hats on

>autism
The horse controls are so bad that people feel the need to use cinematic mode to make the game play itself, because the simple act of controlling the horse is so boring and tedious. It ruins the game.

No they don't dude the game has great shooting controls

And just because you don't like something doesn't make it shit,

>Either learn to maneuver
You're a fucking retard, the complaints about the controls aren't because of difficulty. The game is easy as fuck. The problem with the controls is that they are sluggish and unsatisfying.

no, people just tell you to use cinematic mode because you can't cope with tapping a button lol.

See my previous statement

ok

Attached: brokeback.png (540x293, 205K)

except that cinematic horse mode crashes into shit and then you've suddenly got a wanted level

Sure it dose

i've seen webms of this happening but i've never experienced it, or that one where you're riding through town fast and people jump out of the way when you've still got like 5feet of space but they still agro.

then again i have the disc and never updated.

Thanks for letting PC players wait God knows how long to experience the disappointment you get from a Sony movie game.

I ran over a dog once and got wanted for animal cruelty. At that level I think you can talk to the sheriff and he kicks you out of town but I ran like a bitch

>Jim Sterling
>clearly blackwater in the image
>Arthur never gets to go there or to new austin

Every Rockstar game since 4 has had jank control. But I enjoyed RDR1

Rockstarfags unironically defend this.

>he insists?

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181122013816.jpg (1920x1080, 268K)

The people who MADE RDR2 hate the gameplay.

C O P E

Kino moment.

adults also tend to have a lower tolerance for high school writing so maybe that's why they don't defend rdr2

Attached: 4-7-2019_11-20-37_AM-ithwepta.png (1920x1080, 1.82M)

It won best writing at your precious vgas...

RDR2 controls significantly worse than IV, RDR1, or GTAV. It's largely due to the much higher number of items and interactions and the clunkiness that introduces, combined with the sluggish movement and animations. Also, the fact the game limits your speed in towns and buildings is really fucking annoying and wasn't so bad in previous games.

Different, but not worse. It felt like a refinement to 4's control

I agree it needed more zoom

Attached: 65d.png (434x327, 32K)

This is not "subjective" you fucking dunce. On top of this the game has aimbot and is piss easy, the fact you defend this is just retarded.

Attached: 1561337374425.webm (1920x1080, 1.12M)

refinement? 4 still feels better to control. when I play IV Im not constantly thinking about how clunky it is, but I am with RDR2

I see nothing wrong here.
The game isn't some fast paced action game where every frame matters.
Stop being autistic and accept that people enjoy different things. Or keep throwing fits. Either way I'm fapping.

All the game needed was like 3 more moments like this and 1 less chapter of moving the camp and it would have been perfect

Attached: 541138796.jpg (720x405, 38K)

tap x

Then you're lying to yourself. 4 and RDR2 control virtually the same.

uh huh

Attached: GTAIV 7_6_2019 12_08_40 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.08M)

Wanna know how I know your in high school?

And remove that stupid mission where you go rob a random bank in 5 minutes and get more money than the rest of the entire game combined.

>when I play IV Im not constantly thinking about how clunky it is

I did, ten fucking years ago.

>Adults don't feel the need to defend what they like, user.

He says, as he defends the game from these 'ravenous' people.

I dropped this game when it completely removed my loadout for the 5th time.

I'm just glad I could return it for full price back. Fuck this shitty game.

Attached: 1542711930565.jpg (1200x1000, 165K)

Thoughts on the full soundtrack, bros?
youtube.com/watch?v=HjYLY3BGDY4
youtube.com/watch?v=0ME7x7_blf8
youtube.com/watch?v=_MZKbJIhPCk

Attached: arthy.jpg (498x276, 19K)

I'm just here to get my dick hard, user.

completely fucking pointless god I want to throttle the writers. the entire lemoyne section has some of the worst writing in the game.

WE WUZ DEPUTIES N SHEIT, followed up by a strange lead in to St Denis because a kid got kidnapped, for some reason. Dire.

>4 and RDR2 control virtually the same.
I really have no idea what you are talking about at all. GTA IV doesnt have so many annoying interactions with variable inputs and forced walking, doesnt make you hold to interact, it just goes on and on. Even if the precision of movement was improved, almost everything else feels worse, or at the very least different.

It's weird how you spend so much time as Arthur defending Dutch, then when he finally comes to his senses the games fucking over.

We needed at-least 1 chapter of Arthur either trying to overthrow Dutch and become leader or a clear divide in the camp between Arthur loyalists and Dutch loyalists

Realism isn't a bad thing to strive for in games. What's bad is when that realism only applies some of the time and other times, the game becomes full on Hollywood capeshit levels of insanity.

Aiming is cumbersome as fuck with Arthur being heavy and also there being shaky aim when you move. But the game also gives you dead eye which instantly allows you to kill a dozen guys in a second. So why even bother making regular aim fucking useless when you just shit all over it through another gameplay choice?

Or how about the story, you're forced to go on these long rides to watch people do nothing. Immersion and realism right? But then there's also missions where you ride hot air balloon to save the tumblrina self-insert by flying above her and throwing rope down to her while she's riding a horse being gunned down by a dozen others. Ok so why spend my time with all the useless "immersion" quests when you just shit all over it instantly the next mission?

RDR2 is filled with these discrepancies. One moment you're supposed to treat it like an authentic and grounded take on the setting, the other it turns into pure fantasy. The Houser brothers are too far up their own asses to see this. You can't be two extremes at once.

Attached: rdr2c.jpg (1349x901, 359K)

Yeah what was up with the kidnapping and bronte bullshit? Was it just to show Dutch going insane? If so, they could've done a better job.

By the time Arthur finally decided that Dutch had gone to far a good chunk of the camp was missing or dead and he was essentially on his death bed.

its especially bad since dutch is clearly shitty from the start. the story sucks, it probably should have taken place way earlier when the gang was still functioning and not falling apart.

How is it possible to "enjoy" an inherent flaw in the game's programming. You're either baiting or genuinely have a mental disability.

It isn't an inherent flaw. It's a design choice you disagree with.

Its GTAIV again. The game starts with a serious tone and a cynic character with a heavy past and all that gravitas is lost when the dumb missions start to roll, the plot crumbles and the main character turns out to be a massive hipocrite, and not as something intended but due to poor writing

I can't wait for this game to come to PC so we can stop pretending it's shit

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 7_14_2019 12_58_28 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.05M)

normal filters don't get 97 percent scores on metacritic, this is the most normal teir game ever created, the game is so slow a braindead chimp could play it

Everybody complained that the horses in RDR1 were too fast and felt like cars. So for 2 they changed it, made the horses slower and more realistic, and people still complain. It's like you guys don't even know what you want

Attached: Red_Dead_Redemption (1).jpg (284x350, 23K)

>the game is so slow a braindead chimp could play it
yeah but apparently not you

you enjoy movie games friendo, that's fine many people wanted more badass shit to do, also the control were shit and the op describes how tedious the gameplay was, the unequipping of weapons, and the delay just wasn't condusive to gameplay

why are you pretending the people who complained are the same in both instants? and why are you pretending rockstar is the victim in this?

And you are forced to mash the button to even go at mild speed because muh realistic cowboy sim, right?

i can't wait for it to come to PC so mods can fix all the shit wrong with it

Where are you getting the notion it's a design choice? Why the hell would they intentionally gimp the game's controls.

Like being able to shoot Dutch in the face first thing in the game?
I might buy a new PC for that

Consolefags defend anything from Rockstar with their life since it's the only company that will release open world games for them.

I miss him.

Attached: crying green fella.png (1328x1296, 203K)

>And you are forced to mash the button
You can go one constant speed and even put down the controller, user. It's explained in the game.

>responsive controls are now zoomer
Yea Forums is losing it’s fucking mind

>RDR2 is Yea Forums's wet dream
you are gay

>this insane amound of copping

Before RDR2, I only saw other two games make Yea Forums this buttblasted: The Witcher 3 and Breath of the Wild. I don't think that its a coincidence that these three games are so beloved by the general public and would probably be considered some of the best games of this generation. Yea Forums at the end of the day is just a hivemind of joyless hipsters who take pleasure in nitpicking and playing dumb in order to downplay great games.

rdr2 is a very normie game

like the game not unequipping your guns every time you sneeze, making money actually matter, making the camp actually matter, making the wanted system actually make sense, removing the retarded babby-tier """survival""" elements.

>how long Yea Forums can argue about controls: the thread

i liked Witcher 3 and BotW and RDR2 was shit.

Yes, yes you did, fucking dumbass.

My main issue with the control, is that it feels like there is an extra layer of disconnection between you and the character, that their previous games didn't have. It feels like you are feeding inputs to a robot and THEN it performs the action, as opposed to it feeling more simultaneous. I dont understand how people act like it just feels the same as GTAIV, V or RDR1. It feels a lot different. Its like there is a 1:2 relationship between your input and Arthur's response, whereas in the other games it felt more like 1:1. Its not just due to the input delay, although its bad, its also how the game doesnt start the long animation for an interaction until after holding for a second.

eat shit im a cowboy

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_5.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

>No poncho

Attached: 1544665277645.jpg (1000x1166, 433K)

>3 more moments like this
>hide behind boxes and shoot dumb AIs
>go into the house and the follow scripted content

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_201.jpg (1920x1080, 303K)

Bad bait. This you means nothing

Of course I have a PS4 Slim I'm not retarde and so what?

If he provided proof then show it to me

I played it and got bored because my iq is over 100, why should I be roped into caring about an entire camp of people I could give less than a fuck about

normal tier family game

v seems to like games with some substance to the gameplay

You don't have to eat or drink at all except to regain heath which is a common feature in every action/adventure video game. Feeding your horse was in RDR1.

Jim Sterling's proof is a Kotaku article (lul) signed by Jason Schreier (omega lul). Really, everything in that article is the exaclty same shit we already saw in many other triple A studios out there like Bioware, Riot and CD Projeckt Red. Seems like its just the industry standard at this point, but vultures like Schreier and Sterling still act like its some unacceptable thing because both want to push for the unionization of the game industry.

>substance to the gameplay
>/like Yea Forums doesn't fall to any interactive novel with big juice anime titties in it

Nice joke, here is a (you).

the most critically acclaimed game of 2019 is not RDR2

there are different people on v, you just referred to anime weebfags, there are separate populations and the current population you are talking to is people who like shooters, and action adventure games

You are right, its the most critically aclaimed game of 2018.

metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps4/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2018

what's wrong with the game industry unionising

Oh fuck off, anyone who has browsed Yea Forums for more than a year knows the hivemind here is fucking huge. This "B-BUT /V IS NOT ONE PERSON!!" excuse is just a shameless cop out.

>tumblrina self insert
Sadie is based on calamity Jane as she's portrayed in deadwood (she was a real person)
There was actually plenty of female outlaws that got pretty famous in the 1800s. Try reading a book, bud

As a non-american, I don't see any problem at all, more jobs being outsourced to me!

the majority of v likes games with substance to the gameplay, picking the small population of weebfags who play Anime titty games isn't a valid argument

people play different games for different reasons, anime titty games aren't played for substance of gameplay, meanwhile the large majority of v plays games for substance of gameplay, the backlash you get for this game is evidence of that

No, MGS2 is brilliant. RDR2 is incomparable; they had all the budget in the world and they made the most boring game possible with it.

Or maybe he has better thing to do with his time, than to collect all that garbage in RDR2 to unlock stuff ?

RDR1 handled all that that far better, not did it feel like a waste of time with shitty controls

>small population of weebfags
>small

You talk like Yea Forums as a whole wasn't born out of a anime blog that was filled weebfags since the beginning. Who are you trying to fool? This entire website is nothing but weeb faggotry and Japan dick-sucking.

I spent as much of that money as I could on clothes and upgrading my weapons and horse and racked up a huge bounty so I would be down to below 100 dollars. Whenever I make a large amount in one mission in Rockstar games I always blow it all as quick as possible to keep it interesting

They're not gimped.

Being able to refill all your cores just by sleeping was a really dumb design choice. It makes food feel totallly unnecessary.

It's to simulate bodyweight and inertia

Why can't you just admit it's not your type of game instead of complaining about those things? Do you play sim games and complain that there are too many steps and things that aren't fun?

The goal of this game was complete immersion in a frontier environment, surviving off the land. It had problems delivering on that, but the things you're complaining about aren't, and it sounds more like it's just not the type of game you're interested in.

I was playing this game for the first time yesterday. At one point I wanted to get back to the gang's camp but didn't have my horse with me. I didn't want to walk all the way there but didn't want to steal a horse neither. I found some rando riding a carriage that was going the same route and asked if i could get a ride and he said hop on user. He got me closer to my destination and we parted ways.

If the game was filled with neat moments like this it would have been the best game ever

Attached: 1540039220053.jpg (796x1060, 202K)

Honestly some of the best music to ever appear in a game, especially the licensed music they used during the more dramatic moments.
WELL LET ME HAVE A RULE AND A SAW AND A BOARD AND I'LL CUT IT

Nah, they made an incredibly immersive game that some people can't get into because they jump into it expecting nonstop action à la GTA

>Thanks for making funding the camp mean nothing.
This is the worst part about the game. The camp is supposed to be the game's biggest feature, but funding it feels totally inconsequential for gameplay.

I was playing this game for the first time yesterday. At one point I wanted to get back to the camp but didn't have my horse with me. I didn't want to walk all the way there but didn't want to steal a horse neither. I found some rando riding a carriage that was going the same route and asked if i could get a ride and he said hop on user. He got me closer to my destination and we parted ways.

If the game was filled with neat seamless moments like this it would have been the best game ever

Attached: 383bbe8324ce60916d17d0014f663513.jpg (1000x1000, 72K)

>The goal of this game was complete immersion in a frontier environment, surviving off the land.
It completely and totally failed to feel like this because of how basic the survival elements are.

HURR DURR ARTHUR DOESN'T FUCK PROSTITUTES IN THE WILD WEST CAUSE HE USED TO BE MARRIED BUT HE HAS NO QUALMS MURDERING INNOCENT CIVILIANS

A+ writing there, Rockstar.

>y'all'd've
>not y'all'd'a

Not 2018 either lol. That's God of War

>being so much of a brainlet the whole point of Dutch being an impulsive idiot who's going mad is lost on you
The whole point of RDR2 is to show you how badly Dutch screwed things up in the name of his 'ideals', leading to all the death and mayhem in the first game.

DUDE IT 1899 ......AM AFRAID "COUGH"

They aren't gimped.
You seriously think they play tested this game and said "well fuck... Arthur doesn't control like Dante... Fuck it no time to fix just ship it!"

RDR1 was worse. Just focused on Johns face for like 20 seconds

Yeah, Arthur should start his animation as soon as your press the button, and complete the action when the circle is all the way full.

And Ed Gein never committed necrophilia with the corpses he played with because they smelled terrible. Everyone's got standards.

The survival aspects were pretty surface level. Yet if they were any more complex you'd have people complaining about it anyway. Still, the hunting and fishing in this game is comfy as fuck

Attached: g.jpg (564x850, 98K)

Why are you pretending there is a victim to begin with?

>atrocious on rails opening sequence that never fucking ends
>overly long animation every time you want to loot a dead body
>half black half injun retard whines incessantly about how wh*tes are racist by 2019 standards in 1899
>useless strong womyn characters to appease the SJW crowd
>90,000,000 ways to break the law but your crimes will always be forgiven if you wire someone enough money
>controls are inexplicably delayed
>only like four fucking quick draw segments
>story grinds to a screeching halt when you wash up on the island to lead a slave rebellion or some bullshit

This game sucked.

Hunting is a grind due to the stupid star system.

>Spurs clipping into the rock
Looks like they weren't crunching enough.

>story grinds to a screeching halt when you wash up on the island to lead a slave rebellion or some bullshit
God I fucking hated Guarma, an absolute low even worse than John's farm segments.

lol no the star system is part of what makes the hunting system so good. It's exciting to come across a critter with perfect stat so you can deck out your comfy camp

you have bad taste lol

I see a decent amount of sodium around cyberpunk 2077, and F:NV as well

>John's farm
>bad
>in RDR 1 or 2
Hallmark of shit taste right there

>unequipping gun
This is my biggest fucking problem with the game. Whenever you want to explore the world and hunt shit, the weapon yoh want to use is left behind. What's even more annoying is that you know they are capable of fixing this. In late game missions, your horse doesn't take away weapons. In fact, you automatically get weapons you didn't even have equipped.

>Have my double barrel and bolt-action equiped
>Game swaps me to the repeating shotgun and lancaster repeater when I get off my horse near a mission.
I never carried my guns with me unless I was hunting, but it pissed me off when I chose guns I wanted on me for a mission and the game decided to pick different ones.

>People claiming that RDR2 is a filter for 'zoomers'
How did we get to the point where people were claiming fucking Rockstar games were anything other than for 'zoomers', especially when you consider that the first R* game that anyone gives a shit about is GTA3 which released at the very end of 2001, which by most Yea Forums standards is peak """""""zoomer"""""""?

The problem people have with this game is that it wants to be a movie, but it's a video game. Another problem? Like Tarantino's Django, you can't make a better Western than Sergio, so why even try? You'll always have a worse soundtrack, worse visuals, worse dialogue, or worse story. Italians have been making fine art since the fucking renaissance, they are the kings of their craft. Why aren't there any Italian video game studios? Because videogames aren't art... yet.

lol cope

Attached: 2019-07-01_4-47-52_PM-rngg0gus.jpg (3840x2160, 732K)

Fucking Red Dead Revolver is better than RDR2

Attached: 2019-07-01_10-00-31_AM-3anan5en.jpg (3840x2160, 2.2M)

It looks like a PS4 game (third person action game with a focus on story and dated real-time graphics)

Attached: 2018-11-28_8-59-11_AM-mfd4p3t3.jpg (3840x2160, 1.29M)

I mean, I like all 3 games but RDR2 has so many flaws and baffling design decisions I could probably list them all day. It's a great game and one of my favorites but R* proved the only good thing left about them is their technical quality (by overworking poor souls).

user there's tons of little moments like that in this game

I personally love autistic sim games so I don't mind all the things people bring up that slow the game down. What I do hate is how the game CONSTANTLY takes control from the player and forces you to do things in a very specific arbitrary way. The story missions are the most braindead, handholdy, and antifun shit I've played in years. If you try to do anything at all besides riding your dumb fucking horse in a tiny area and going through shooting galleries the game screams at you and fails the mission. You're barely even playing the game, just tapping x on your horse and occasionally autoaiming at enemies. Most of the "game" should have been a cutscene so you could at least skip it or put the controller down instead of tapping x to continue. When I was playing it with my buddy we actively avoiding taking the controller because it was so fucking boring to play and more enjoyable to watch. Messing around in the open world is fun but there's so little to do. Your main way of interacting with the world is shooting shit but you're so heavily punished by omniscient teleporting lawmen you're not really even free to do that. I really cannot understand how anyone can unironically say this is one of the greatest games of all time when the majority of it is egregiously bad story missions

They're mostly shitposting faggots from the rdr2 general on /vg/. They're deranged fanboys that will sperg out even at the most minuscule of criticism.

>head to seemingly benign mission
>Arthur gets off horse with two rifles on his back
>events are immediately spoiled
Would it be so hard to just give the player a heads up while they ride to the mission location after starting it? Dutch or whoever could literally just say "get your guns out, Arthur. There might be some fighting"

I agree with the whole very scripted story missions stopping the game from being enjoyable, maybe if there was more than just shooting stuff in the free roam it be fun.

Why are you replying to bait?

this whole thread is bait

I have a few issues with this game, but most of them are due to personal taste. The only thing I would call an undeniable flaw is the way the witness/bounty system works without a mask on.
>Start fishing next to random guy
>Catch enough to feed the camp
>Go to leave on my horse
>accidentally get on his
>Immediatly jump off and say sorry
>Guy tries to shoot me
>Disarm him and knock him out
>Some guy across the huge ass river sees this happen.
HOLY FUCK THATS ARTHUR MORGAN
>Guy escapes due to being so far away, which immediately gives me a $20 bounty and spawns lawmen
>Become dissapointed that a game with so much money behind it would allow something so basic be one of the main systems of the game

>Yet if they were any more complex you'd have people complaining about it anyway.
Bullshit, stop making excuses for the horribly implemented mechanics in this game. The "survival" elements in this game are so god-awful that you have to wonder why they were even included. Even describing them as surface level feels like you are giving them too much credit.

If they want this game to feel like a sim, they should have made it one. Not give it typical rockstar missions with really half assed sim elements just slapped on.

this game has the weirdest fanboys i have ever seen. RDR2 has sooo many fucking problems yet they act like everything about the game is flawless.

dutch is obviously shitty from the start, we dont need several chapters to tell us what we already know. any reasonable person would have accepted milton's offer and turned dutch in in chapter 2. at that point its clearly obvious the gang's ideals are crap

at least in RDR1 it was just a button press. Having to hold it for a second in 2 makes it feel more prolonged. The animation often feels longer anyway. not to mention john just stored it in his sack instead of having to put shit on the horse. so at the end of the day, 2 feels slower

>the setting, albeit beautiful doesn't have a Western atmosphere.
Maybe if your only interaction with the Western genre is watching "A Fistful of Dollars" once.

Attached: 49YRMj0.png (206x206, 90K)

Who?

much of the game (most?) takes place in the south. it doesnt feel like a western. after chapter 2 the game basically ceases to be a western at all

>Thanks for the incredibly long horse rides.
same shit in the first game, why is everyone complaining now

If its a good game and you enjoy it then who cares? Of course it had its flaws, no one is denying that, but some people here almost seem to enjoy giving an overwhelming amound of attention to RDR2 flaws while downplaying or ignoring its strengths.

Yes, thank you for proving my observation.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a beast of its own. Never before have I seem Yea Forums grasp so much to find things to complain about in a game that its not even out yet. The whole discussion about the sun alone was borderline insane.

The sunfag legitimately has some kind of mental disorder.

what western movies take place in the south? please enlighten us with your vast movie knowledge of westerns in the south

I miss Dutchposting

Attached: 1563045898145.png (640x188, 63K)

Because people like OP don't play videogames. Every single thing OP complained about are things that have already been wildy discussed on Yea Forums. Anyone could have already formed these opinions about RDR2 without playing or even watching anything about the game but just by browsing all the threads we already had about RDR2 here. Its cattle mentality at its best.

meme text

cringe

I'm sorry senpai, but that farm seg was boring as shit. I loved the game but it took way too long to get back to outlaw shit

>wahhh I have a bounty!

>turn minimap off, ride around in first person

>holed up in an opium shack in the swamp, gators outside

>sneak out by day and steal a horse from a passerby, leaving him stuck in the swamp

>find a hanged man on the road. stop to investigate

>no contextual vision because first person; turn around at the last second to see silent mud-faced swamp lurkers coming at me with knives

it's a pretty good game if you're not a pseud

>shitty thing is now considered good because its the second game
kill yourself

>move around
>things happen
>hurrrr im entertained *drools all over cock because im too retarded to put pants on*

so cute, so innocent..the mind of a brainless child. meanwhile...the controls to the game are absolute shit and anything but intuitive.

Attached: 72348952734827092.jpg (341x346, 22K)

I did the exact same thing, but I got ambushed by O'Driscolls along the way.

Thanks for beta-testing.
Gonna play it on PC with the best settings and enjoy it.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-11 Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Settings Surface From The Game’s Companion App; DX1 (750x1057, 747K)

>Thanks for unequipping my guns
This is the one thing that truly bothers me. Why the fuck can't I keep at least one rifle or shotgun on my back at all times?
I don't need something like GTA5 where I can magically pull 5 handguns, 3 assault rifles, 4 shotguns, 2 rpgs and 16 grenades out of my asshole.
But allow me to have at least one long arm on me at all times without having to retrieve it from my goddamn horse, jesus fuck.

You are aware it's bad?

I agree AJ

Uninstalled this dogshit game graphics is all it has, still have rd1 installed...

So, we're not allowed to mention them? Those flaws made parts of the game complete ass. If you want to circle jerk about Arthur's ball sack go to reddit. This board is mainly for criticizing games since that isn't allowed anywhere else.

>playing pvp
>run out of express rounds in showdown
>now after every death you have to reload every regular round
>one bullet at a time
>shitstar games

>playing pvp
>sprint to cover to break line of sight
>character inertia forces you to start climbing over the cover
>now your standing straight up on top of a stack of boxes
>get head shot instantly
>shitstar games

>playing pvp
>perfectly position yourself to intercept opposing player
>he comes sprinting from around a tree
>shit game design doesn't register the auto aim against anyone who is moving too fast near a piece of cover
>you're the one who gets auto aimed
>shitstar games

Attached: well done shitstar games.jpg (644x567, 235K)

>get the game in february
>still haven't finished Arthur's story because of collectables and side content
Loving
Every
Laugh
Genuinely love this game, honestly

Attached: 1561077290354.jpg (324x400, 42K)

Why?

The you are a massive ultra faggot who loves sucking turds in the shape of dicks

You can diffuse the situation

Distant Drums, Django Unchained and quite a lot of florida westerns

>Jim Sterling

Attached: 1539987930102.jpg (807x802, 74K)

Read the thread? These people arent joking.

its good if you give yourself time to enjoy it. i rushed through my first playthrough and thought it was absollute overrated trash. second playthrough i decided to take it more slow, go hunting, discover shit etc and it ended up being a lot more enjoyable. stlll dont give a shit about guarma though, that whole part of the game felt unnecessaryand out of place. going back to mexico wouldve been better imo

The vast majority of those "reasons" are: "it runs like shit on consoles and I can't control it well with a gamepad".

Read the thread

When I'm riding bitch with another player my character automatically moves forward to take the reigns. This wouldn't piss me off so much if the animation could be instantly cancelled with the dismount button. Is there a way to change this in the settings?

Attached: 1446322797271.jpg (2186x908, 715K)

Oh right also that it sucks because I can't run it on mom's computer

Nothing. It means they might actually get compensated like regular developers instead of worked to the bone for less pay.

Agreed, they needed even one more moment where you could feel the closeness of the gang and how efficient they were at destroying shit before the decline.
Jack getting kidnapped was fucking retarded and made no sense. Why would Bronte want this little vagabond kid as payment, he's got a whole city of them.

Arthur doesn't fuck prostitutes anymore because he tried that to fix his endless thirst for Mary and it just made it worse

nothing at all, people on Yea Forums like to larp that it's bad because it's communist to not want mr silverman balls deep in your shitter 24/7 for a salary apparently

Spend your money when it comes out on PC then.

Just be prepared for a shit game lmao.

I warned you

>Thanks for unequipping my guns.
This was genuinely annoying

>Thanks for being boring.
Completely subjective; plenty of people enjoyed it

>Thanks for giving me unlimited money in the 5th mission making all side activities pointless
You must have never visited a Fence or had enough fun fucking around to actually rack up a large bounty

>Thanks for making funding the camp mean nothing.
If you do it early on you never have to worry about special ammo, meds, ect. Also completely optional
>Thanks for adding generic meet and insult voice options.
Walking down the street drunk and insulting everyone is fun. People also often react in interesting ways
>Thanks for incredibly linear quests.
What does this even mean? Does every quest need to have multiple conclusions?
>Thanks for making the game unplayable without the minimap on.
Probably true without learning the map really well.
>Thanks for the incredibly long horse rides.
Use stagecoaches if you hate riding horses in a western

>Thanks for the same mission structure every mission.
There was plenty of variety even if most were "ride here and shoot some guys"

>Thanks for an inconsistent wanted system.
It's mostly determinant on whether there were any witnesses

>Thanks for clunky controls.
A given for a R* game, but better than most

>Thanks for firing a developer for trying to fix the broken shooting.
First I'd heard of it, and what was wrong with the shooting? As long as you understand the concept of bolt and lever action rifles it handles about the same as any R* game

>Thanks for crunching the programmers to produce this shit.
Don't pretend you care

Thanks for being a zoomer.

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181104063844.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

it's explained the Braithwaites gave him Jack, and were going to pay him once they sorted shit out.
The Braithwaites got fucked so Bronte wasn't going to get paid, that's why he just gives Jack back