What would Konami have to do to have a major capcom-like revival of their brand image?

What would Konami have to do to have a major capcom-like revival of their brand image?

Attached: Konami-2018-19-Results-01-Header-740x244.jpg (740x244, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vXjBpTNUP8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=dkARgzsQNlo
youtube.com/watch?v=-NQKAsvlKcE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Revive Castlevania.
Revive Goemon.
Unfuck Bomberman.
Keep reviving Contra but do it better.
Make a new IP(s).
Don't take years in between each step.

Fuck off, they should just sell the IPs they hold hostage to someone competent. Otherwise I dont care.

>What would Konami have to do to have a major capcom-like revival of their brand image?

They need a BIG brand push with Metal Gear, Castlevania and Silent Hill as their big gaming revival trio.

These franchises are their proven big IP's with very established demographics. Metal Gear should probably get a MG1 remake and MGR2 to ease the hurt of Kojima leaving, Castlevania needs both a new 2D sidescroller and an attempt at proper 3D AAA game that's not shit, Silent Hill needs to go back to the grassroots feel of the first game where a bunch of misfits was allowed to make a weird horror game, but still be given a proper budget.

As for their other franchises, Contra and Bomberman needs to get some smaller games, these are popular IP's but it's very hard to turn them into bigger AAA franchises (Act Zero lol). Other Konami franchises can be brought back later but will have to wait for now since they aren't profitable enough.

Attached: sales-training-exercises.jpg (725x483, 69K)

Just sell their IPs to a company that actually makes video games since it's clear that they're not interested in doing so anymore. Especially their old and dead ones like Goemon and Gradius

Super Bomberman R was a great game, anyway...

>Revive Twinbee.
>Revive Gradius.
>Revive Parodius and bring it ti North America this time.
>Sell the Pachinko branch to SegaSammy.
>Sell the Las Vegas gambling branch to IGT.
>Kill off the mobile branch before it's too late.
youtube.com/watch?v=vXjBpTNUP8Y
>Put more effort towards Hudson's IPs and start talking about them alot more.
>More Bomberman and a collection like with Castlevania & Contra.

Fund a new Rumble Roses

Yes
They should sell Yugioh to someone who know how to make fucking card game, and not solitaire

I'm surprised they did not make pachinko out of Yu-Gi-Oh yet.

They already did

Attached: D_R5yhEW4AAfmui.jpg (1200x675, 88K)

Needs to be on Switch.

Fuck off retard, Bomberman did more for the gaming industry than those shitty franchises you want to push

Zoomers like you deserve death

So did TwinBee & Goemon.

Who would need to be the director of MGS6 to get people thinking it wouldn't be horseshit?

Like what exactly?

me

youtube.com/watch?v=dkARgzsQNlo
youtube.com/watch?v=-NQKAsvlKcE

Good Feel (where most of their glory day staff now work for).

What did these games do for the gaming industry?

>Started cute'um ups months before Sega released Fantasy Zone.
>Revolutionized how every sees Goemon.

Goemon is bullshit, the SNES games were better and had the same kind of setting and humor as the N64 games

He did shit compared to the big boys

>Headline: Kirby's Epic Yarn team to develop MGS6
Pretty sure what would be controversial, whether the game turned out good or not.

>Fuck off retard, Bomberman did more for the gaming industry than those shitty franchises you want to push

And yet Metal Gear and Yu-Gi-Oh absolutely dwarfs Bomberman in sales.

This kind of weak emotional mindset will not be able to get Konami back to its glory. You will killed their revival before it even has a chance to begin by letting your personal bias get in the way.

Reveal that Death Stranding is part of Metal Gear and Silent Hill

They did Snake's Revenge (which Kojima liked) back when they were Konami's Kobe unit.

Zoomerfaggot

Attached: 1542590457752.png (410x327, 36K)

Yu-Gi-Oh isn't a video game franchise it's a huge manga/anime media franchise like Dragon Ball and One Piece, they have sales from other places besides games.

At this point?? Just sit back and wait until November.

hd remaster this

Attached: DB278259-F551-401A-9A3E-E3FA8542EDBE.jpg (1141x800, 437K)

Snatcher already makes this an instant buy

That will be for DC & WB Games to clear the rights to and M2 to remake it.

>sell Kojima's IPs (Metal Gear, SNATCHER, Policenauts, Boktai, Zone of the Enders) to Kojima Productions
>do a new Love Plus for the Switch and make it available worldwide to please ronery weebs
>pull Metal Gear Survive from shelves and download stores, make it free DLC for MGSV instead

Unfortunately for you, it's only in Japanese, even if you get an English model.
No problem for me, since I speak Japanese.

I really doubt Kojima wants to go back to Metal Gear.

>go back
He never left, user.

Attached: dpark2.jpg (382x366, 69K)

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason Kojima quit Konami.
>Okay, I'm done with MGS5. All we have left is some DLC mission that ties up the Eli/Liquid sub-plot. Can I make Silent Hills now?
>Nope. You must make MGS6 now.
>Oh, fuck this shit, I'm out!

If it were 100% under his control why wouldn't he want his baby back

>Unfortunately for you, it's only in Japanese, even if you get an English model.
It doesn't have the extra scenes that were added to the sub in the Sega CD version.

new silent hill by team silent
new castlevania by iga

He's been working on the same story for 30 years, he said himself he wants to do something new.

Does it have the best game ever made where you can date cute anime girls?

Attached: IMG_7484.jpg (1428x1409, 471K)

They're already reviving Contra

Attached: IMG_7492.png (669x854, 1.09M)

Ask Iga to do the 99 game.

Literally and unironically Refn.

Post the png my dude

Attached: IMG_7493.jpg (1200x675, 324K)

Friendly reminder that Konami isnt primarily a gaming company and they're doing just fine without us.

Wrong. Konami just had their best financial year ever and they're going like a train all thanks to their vidya department

Attached: IMG_7494.png (640x1136, 113K)

Didn't Konami just release the ZoE remake? And Metal Gear Survive? They also kept most of the MGSV team, brought in old Metal Gear programmers and restructured their video game department recently.

>heavily invested in pachinko, the market that makes up 4% of Japans entire GDP
>It-it was console games!
Look at this guy

Mobile games and sports games do not instill me with hope.

lol kojima doesn't even have the money to pay for his own games to make, he can't afford to buy any of those rights, and he doesn't want the rights of his IPs because he doesn't want the financial risks of producing his own games, in fact even death stranding doesn't belong to him but to sony, in theory sony could kick his ass and having guerrilla make a sequel to death stranding without involving him at all.

platinum games for the gameplay and mamoru oshii to write the script and direct the cutscenes

>thanks to gacha shit and what's pretty much $60 console gacha shit
Impressive.

He said MGS6, not MGR2.

the worst thing is that they lost Junji Tago that now is directing project awakening for cygames, he could have made any kojima series better than kojima himself.

platinum would be good for that too, the blade wolf DLC of rising had good stealth gameplay.

I have zero faith in the team that made MGSV and Survive.
Not to mention that older Metal Gear games stood out for something more than stealth.

It's a remaster not a remake. Learn the fucking difference. This is what leads to people claiming FF7 remake is JUST ANOTHER remake

What the hell are you talking about?
They were jarring, had no place in it and got in the way of the fun. There were as much stealth mechanics as any other games with enemies in it, if you can call "moving the joystick slowly and avoid being seen despite that obviously not being the way to play" to be stealth.
Platinum makes hack and slash games, they have zero experience with slow, stealth focused games.
Asking a studio specialized in one genre to do something entirely different is the reason Anthem was such a disaster.

>the blade wolf DLC of rising had good stealth gameplay
I firmly believe that the MGS fanbase has to be the most stupid that has ever stepped in Yea Forums
You know as much about videogame development as Kojipro does.
This reminds me of that time MGS idiots started saying that they wanted more "Fox Engine gameplay", as if the way a game's controls feel is tied to an engine.

Attached: 1534220264099.jpg (645x773, 39K)

those parts didn't look that bad to me, also even the DLC's boss fight had a stealth mechanic to beat it that was pretty cool.

>It's this user again.
Go back to Smashfagging. Even Bomberfags are sick of your shit.

Attached: wario drink.png (1151x1920, 1.46M)

>also even the DLC's boss fight had a stealth mechanic to beat it that was pretty cool.
Yes, walking slowly like you can do in any other game is very cool, I would definitely trust this studio with no experience in stealth games to make a slow, military focused stealth game based entirely on this.
Thank god you don't work at Konami.

>brought in old Metal Gear programmers
So Metal Gear will go back to being clunky as fuck?

Port the remaining MGS shit to Steam and sell Suikoden to someone who gives a fuck.

one could have said the same about them making a TPS before they've made Vanquish which is the best TPS around IMHO

Metal Gear remake

Bring back castlevania make it big make it pop make it flashy. Remake MGS 1-4 make em big make em hot make em pop. Bring back Silent hill make it spoopy make it hot. Apologise for your past transgessions and promise to make shit better

They would have my respect if they let Metal Gear die.
MGS has already lived on so long that we've seen it become a zombie survival game.
I don't want more of this.

It's a TPS, but it's a fast paced one, you can feel it's a platinum game.
MGS is not fast paced at all.
They would do a terrible work.