Divinity Original Sin 2 thread

Divinity Original Sin 2 thread.

This is my first WRPG. What am I in for?

Attached: 220px-Divinity_Original_Sin_2_cover_art.jpg (220x307, 34K)

Play with a friend or your experience is gimped.

Don't listen to that guy, it's a great singleplayer experience and unless you have someone you are really good friends with and on the same wavelength 100% you will actually ruin your experience when someone doesn't let you play on your pace.

>This is my first WRPG
Embarassing

Stop making fun of me!!!! Any recommendations after this? I also picked up Planescape and am having fun with it so far.

Attached: 1562965013862.jpg (900x899, 157K)

pathfinder kingmaker is good

Agreed, wrpgs are fucking embarrassing. You have lived so long without them, don't fall for it now

>What am I in for?
Large swathes of land consumed in red fire with burning worms and you in the center of it

what class should I pick?

Same, playing it on ps4 (bought it at 5$), to those who already played the game, what advice would you gave to someone who main a battlemage fane?

I started playing this game on thing I dont understand is how what you are responsible for doing is in short what makes the game in the red go above and beyond its resources and heat the machine up

What's your playstyle?

Class only gets you started. You'll need to spec into other fields anyway, so pick one that you want to have for early game.

For you first game though, go lone wolf. Use full parties after you master the game mechanics

one of few games i really enjoyed

The hunters go a-stalking in the night...
By the needles of the Million-bleeder, they'll end it all!
END IT AAAAAALL IN BLOOOOODe!!!

one of the best rpgs in decades with a great soundtrack. red prince is the best companion.

I've read that you're supposed to go 100% physical or 100% magical... don't mix.

But I think the game is balanced for 50/50 so maybe that will provide the best experience?

100% physical is apparently unbalanced and easy.

3 diverse physical 1 buff mage is the most fun on tactician

>bullying on a family friendly board
Rude.

Play as Fane.

This 100%
I started playing with a friend that had played it for some hours, and I said I didn't want to role play. The bastard took it like a speedrun, went always first and killed everyone that could give something without even letting me talk to them or know how characters. He just said :"I already know they don't have sidequests lol".
Ruined the game for me, haven't played since, it was around january.

>my literal favorite game
Wholeheartedly recommend.

So I got to the nameless isle for the first time.

WHy is my option either

>DOOM ELVEs or KILL FRIEND

What happened bros? The first game was so much better.

Why?

He's connected to the story. If not have him in your party at least.

>WRPG
no such thing, it´s a CRPG

Bump.

Did the dual health system bother anyone in this game?
I feel like you're supposed to go with either a full magic party or a full physical party to get the most out of it.

How does this apply for classes that are literally mixed like Battlemage?

Nah, you do half and half. Most enemies have imbalanced armour, so they'll have far less physical or far less magic. So you focus your type attackers on the appropriate type.

Sometimes you'll have a character that can't be much use because all the enemies are resistant to their attacks, so you use them buffing and healing instead. Other times you want to take one enemy down hard and fast so you focus everyone on them, despite being an inefficient use of your attacks. It's a complex system, I like it.

Attached: tumblr_o3r2s4JH4e1tl5boeo1_540.jpg (540x778, 371K)

>I feel like you're supposed to go with either a full magic party or a full physical party to get the most out of it.
I still don't understand how people are getting this impression.
I went 50/50 on physical/magical damage and just sent people after targets with the least armor against their damage type like you're expected to.
After a while I started splashing a status ability of the opposite type on them in case there were any stragglers with full armor against them so turns wouldn't get wasted while a fight's winding down, but this shit seems so simple on a basic level.

I went in blind and stumbled my way through the game with 3 physical and a summoner.
It was functional but kind of boring because I found the magic effects more interesting, but I never got to use them much.
But the time I realised I was playing the game wrong, I was most of the way through it and didn't want to restart.

My point being, I kind of wish the game had held my hand a bit better and strongly suggested classes at the start.
I still liked and beat the game, I think I would have loved it with a better party.

I don't have numbers to back this up so take it with a grain of salt. In theory focusing on only one damage type will be more efficient when dealing against a single hard enemy but against multiple enemies of multiple armor focuses a split party does better. In practice it mostly holds up but later on in the game past ACT 2 you get enough hard-hitting AoE moves and enemy moving skills that you can just toss dudes in concentrated pit and nuke em down just as well with a single focus party unless you run into enemies highly resistant/outright immune to your attacks. That doesn't mean that a split party is worse by any means. Enemies can and will spread out, the initiative system will most likely screw you a little, it's not always reasonable to toss enemies into a pile, etc... Even if it were the case of looking at damage and CC, split parties can have people focus on buffing, field effects and "light CC"(Oil slows, glitterdust, smoke cloud,etc) instead. Also it's not unreasonable for at least one or two or even all of your dudes to have some damage of the other type or CCs for that type. Geomancers, Summoners, and Marksmen for instance can switch with not as much problems while a blood mage for example can find that icebreaker/global cooling is a cheap useful investment or a hydro mage might find decay from blood spells synergizes well with their bigger dick heals

I'd say that hydro/aero works best for any aoe build as all of it's spells innately have CC built into it
so once you get strong enough to reliably break armor with your AOE moves, you pretty much end the fight right then and there regardless of how much health enemies have left

Except for the 23 gamebreaking glitches i encountered in my first playthough

Necrofire and boredom.

It always surprises me that most people seem to remember necrofire the most out of anything in this game. Not to say that the specific encounter that had it en masse wasn't memorable but for me it's lava, teleports and deathfog

I like that it doesn't. I'm the type of person who can only play a game unoptimally once before I have to minmax everything once I understand the mechanics.

>It always surprises me that most people seem to remember necrofire the most out of anything in this game
When D:OS entire gimmick is about elemental mats and D:OS 2 makes all of those Necrofire it's hard to forget, though I guess teleport spam is just as bad.