What went wrong?

Why do Melee players act like their game won't be dead after Evo? Why do they think it's in any way hard? Great job learning two matchups, kek. Ultimate has just as much tech if not more.

Attached: 235522627.png (257x358, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2019/02/15/smash-bros-tournament-bans-ice-climbers-wobbling-technique
ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSBM_tier_lists_(NTSC)
smash.gg/tournament/evo-2018/events/evo-2018-1/stats
youtube.com/watch?v=JpOaQxrsaqI&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=SD0uiIF2shA&t=42s
youtube.com/watch?v=aF3OSm1OKR8
twitch.tv/tourneylocator
youtube.com/watch?v=ymmMzvB9icQ&t=394s
youtube.com/watch?v=h8PbLo9rrQk
youtube.com/watch?v=4SMM6CoiRqs
twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
youtube.com/watch?v=jtt0G95Ss74
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Melee is very hard and requires a shit ton of execution. I grew up playing melee relentlessly as a kid but because I played it without any regard for tech and execution I am still utter dog shit at it and feel humbled whenever I see even local play. I cannot say the same for ultimate. It literally just looks like people with more optimised fundies and that's it. I remember going to my first sm4sh local and I beat the runner up with a meme character like bowser, if I had entered I would have possibly won. Mind you I had no regard for sm4sh teq either but it didn't matter. I feel like I could do the same with ultimate if I bothered to get a switch and put a decent amount of effort into the game, I would never say the same thing about melee.

...Yikes.. there's a reason no Smelee player can even compete in Ultimate, and it's not because they have trouble adjusting. The competition is much higher, there's many more matchups, and they're inherently low IQ if they stick to a shitty game for old retards

How many melee players have bothered playing ultimate to even be considered ultimate players? Also why are you so mad loool? Is Ultimate your first game?

Watching the same match every single match just gets boring.

based idort

Wizzy got top 8 recently

If Hbox gets bumped tomorrow, I think Melee has a shot. No one likes watching Puff. If he somehow pulls it out of his ass and makes it to GF I'd consider Melee dead.

Puff needs to die and stay buried for a while.

Melee just had one of the biggest upsets of all time though.

inferiority complex
as long as its universally known that melee is the best smash any nu-smash player will seeth
same thing happened with smash 4 which is now universally known as a shit fuckin game worse than brawl and when smash 6 comes out ultimates gonna be just as dead but more liked because its newcomers were actually good

Another FGCuck who wants to shit on melee but doesn't know anything about it. Go back to sucking Wizard's lizard dick so you can get Sailor Moon S onto the main stage.

>I remember going to my first sm4sh local and I beat the runner up with a meme character like bowser, if I had entered I would have possibly won.
The guy you played was likely 100% sandbagging. Almost every good player sandbags when they do friendlies unless you're doing a money match. Given you're retardation regarding smash games outside of Melee I guarantee you wouldn't even get 1 win in pools if you actually entered.

lol, that reminds me, what happened to HomoBox? did he kill himself already?

Attached: hfam.webm (458x404, 1.26M)

>as long as its universally known that melee is the best smash any nu-smash player will seeth
Nah, it's mostly because smelee fags are literally the most annyoing group of people on earth.
Almost as bad as snoyfags.

>Hbox is killing melee
>When two of the last supermajors went to non-gods and one to Mango
Although I wish he'd start using an alt (because players who stick with 1 character are boring) he's not the reason melee is declining, it's entirely due to the cancerous newfag fanbase that picked up the game when it got big again and turned it into a cringefest more so then during the MLG days.

It wasn't just him though lol. It was many others, he was just the more notable example. So unless everyone else was sandbagging and some invisible juju was taking place during the actual matched that made their play secretly better despite it looking pretty much just like the friendlies then I'm gonna have to call bullshit.

>meanwhile, all the Melee Gods get bodied in Ultimate

t. wont be playing smash next year

It's early in the morning, and that game came out like 18 years ago

>best player in the world quits because he's tired of playing the same game for two decades
>the field opens up
who would've thought

And yes, I do think America is the only place on Earth that exists.

So this.... is the intellect... of the smeleefag.
Nice "refutation", that kind of post is why everyone hates you.

Leffens placings are pretty solid for someone who plays melee and ultimate secondarily.
inb4 "doi leffen isn't a god"
Well which gods actually take ultimate seriously?

Attached: Leffen results.jpg (720x880, 208K)

Kind of this. Potential hype from Hbox choking is basically the only thing that keeps people watching.

Anyway, it was obvious getting booted from EVO was going to be the death of Melee. Just because a few autistic Meleefags can't get the message that their time is done doesn't mean they will survive.
Don't get me wrong, Melee was a GOAT game and lived a long fulfilled life, but every game dies eventually and only autists are under the delusion that it will survive forever.

Melee is still king and there is nothing you can do about it.

Leffen didn't play Ultimate secondarily, he committed himself to it full time and basically didn't play Melee during those months. He had personal incentive to prove himself in Ultimate but he shat the bed again and again switching mains 234092834 times unironically, because he couldn't land that one golden pony that is the obvious best character like in Melee.
Armada is another person that committed himself fully to Ultimate for months (since he was already retired from Melee). He had about the same level of performance although he barely attended tournaments. I think he still plays Ultimate actually, but he basically said he doesn't have the inner fire anymore to try to compete seriously, so he's just going to coast off his subs for money the way Zero is.
Everyone else performed mediocre but can be forgiven for only playing the game half-heartedly (although it should be mentioned that they still played the game 24/7 for months like everyone else, the major difference was just that they didn't actively seek out god tier players for practice like Leffen and Armada did).

Thanks for the arrows I wouldn't have noticed without them.

Sorry can you translate your post for non-autists

Smash Bros is a party game

does ultimate have L-cancelling?

Being lazy isn't an excuse. If it is so easy like you claim, they wouldn't have to put effort into it.

L-cancelling is a meme, all aerials should have no lag.

>regularly has fewer viewers than Ult at every single event both are part of

new game is out, so old game is not popular anymore, because people watch new game instead of old game and people who stream old game are in minority, because they moved to new game and they don't play old game anymore, because there is new game they prefer over old game they don't play anymore.

Nah, there is nothing interesting like that in ultimate.

I mean leffen still attended genesis 6 for melee during the ultimate saga so while I concede it wasn't his secondary game he still didn't delegate the same amount of time to it as your typical solo ultimate player and he still managed to perform pretty well.

Armada admitted himself(you even mention it) that he doesn't have the inner fire anymore so how can you say he took Ultimate seriously. He would need the fire in him and enter more than 3 tourneys for it to count in order for him to count and one of them is a stupid meme invitational.

The rest you admit played half heartedly so we are pretty much back to were we started. I stand by the fact that if Melee players took Ultimate as seriously as they did melee they wouldn't perform so "poorly".

>i have no idea what I'm talking about but let me try to sound smart anyway

>L-Cancelling
>Interesting

Attached: 1546916006255.gif (83x130, 3K)

smash is only at evo because nintendo pays for it to be. it's not a fighting game.

Low tier bait, retard. It doesn't take more than 2 minutes to see that the top 8 has more character variety than ever before with Fox, Falco, Marth, Puff, Falcon, Pika, Yoshi.

Attached: 1562021717386.png (1150x2222, 536K)

How easy do you think I'm making it out to be? Op states it's harder to play ultimate and I claim it's harder to play melee. You make it seem like I think it would be a complete and utter cake walk to transition from one game to the other.

Also a game can be far more technical than another but that wouldn't mean you wouldn't need to put effort into performing. By that logic dogura should utterly cream the dbfz meta just because he's really good at Guilty Gear.

Cool fake numbers.

L-cancel is an arbitrary skill wall
There is never any reason to not L-cancel
There is no situation where you shouldn't L-cancel

Attached: mime.jpg (786x786, 320K)

I'm just going based on what all you meleefags say every time. Ult is so easy a child could be a god at it, but apparently not Melee players. Every thread every discussion all the time. Meleefags are a blight, and use nothing but outright lies and petty insults to defame every other Smash game and their players.

Ultimate is fun to play but boring as hell to watch.

They often go into Ult, do incredibly stupid shit like letting people recover with no contest, then complain about thr game because they don't understand it.

Stop fucking crying you absolute fucking snowflake. I barely ever see any Melee Elitists anymore, whenever I see anything Melee vs Ultimate nowadays it's always started by some stupid Ultimatefag.

Play your game and if some random fuck calls your game shit then fuck him jesus. Not being a faggot is literally that simple what the fuck is so difficult????

>smashies

Attached: smell.png (606x133, 10K)

>) that he doesn't have the inner fire anymore so how can you say he took Ultimate seriously
Those sound like the lamest excuses for sucking.
Literally just screaming "I'M NOT LOSING, I WASN'T TRYING IN THE FIRST PLACE!" is such a transparent attempt to weasel your way out of people calling you out.

>Armada admitted himself(you even mention it) that he doesn't have the inner fire anymore so how can you say he took Ultimate seriously.

Because he said he would commit himself seriously to Ultimate for x months and then make a decision on whether he would continue. If you watched him, you knew he was doing just that, he took the game seriously. He was sparring with top players all the time and taking notes of everything he learned.
Anyway my point wasn't really that Melee players "suck" at Ultimate, in fact I was rooting for Armada to beast the whole time. It's more that the whole "Melee players crush Ultimate because it's lower skill" is simply false. Of course, OP was clearly baiting, no sane person denies Melee takes more skill.

Melee obviously has an insane skill ceiling (and skill entrance) but the thing is that once you reach that it becomes about the same things every other fighting game is about, neutral, spacing, mindgames etc. Ultimate basically cuts the skill grind "middleman". The problem for the Melee player in this case that any superior mechanical skill he might have doesn't give him an advantage anymore.

But he literally only played in like two(three including the meme invitational) tourneys and on top of that he just quit a game he's been playing longer than Yea Forums has even existed for. This isn't just your typical case of johns

When's the next stink week?

What exactly do we disagree on?

STINKY
T
I
N
K
Y

Attached: stinky day.jpg (588x570, 80K)

>the state of smashies

Man you’re fucking retarded. Nintendo threatened multiple times to have Smash taken out of Evo in order to “protect their copyright” but inally stopped when fan outrage got loud enough. Fans are the ONLY reason Nintendo’s at Evo at all at this point.

If you don't have a genuine passion for the game it's pretty much impossible to compete at a top level, regardless of how much "skill" a game takes.

*ahem*
Melee fans specifically. Just needed to stress that for the ungrateful ultimate zoom zooms in this thread.

Smash shouldn't be at EVO desu

but it is and it's headlining so cry more.

you're stupid if you think that the smash community as a whole didn't yell at nintendo to stop being dicks.

but it was mostly melee and that's just a fact. How many brawlfags do you think there were?

I wish twitch view threads were bankable.

Attached: 32532532326737753357.png (1215x619, 256K)

Brawl fags even donated money the first time melee was on EVO so at least ONE smash could have the spotlight, Brawlfags were less toxic towards melee than Sm4shFags/UltimateFags.

Remember how Meleefags demanded at least the top 64 at EVO to be Bo5 which caused them to go so hilariously overtime it forced a GG top 8 out of its own hall?
GG fans had to watch the Grand Finals on some dudes phone

Wizzy isnt a melee player exclusivly. He plays all the smash games to death.

why are people so inclined to judge a game's relevancy based on twitch viewership?

because more spectators means the game is less dead

i thought playing a game made it less dead

Except when we're talking about viewership at tournaments apparently

There are very few pros who play more than 1 character because the game is so deep and engaging. The problem is that puff is a very limited character that also limits the options of other characters.

?. Yes? More Specators = More People have interest in the game = More People play the game

Asshole status: annihilated

IMAGINE

>Melee is very hard and requires a shit ton of execution
>I cannot say the same for Ultimate
If ultimate is so easy, then why do melee fags struggle to win?

but user, there cant be any spectators if the spectators are all playing the game

Tournament viewership shouldn't count because it's obvious that when a tournament is going on, there will be more viewers since everyone attending the event will have the stream opened. There isn't always an ultimate, or Mario maker 2, or CSGO tournament going on but the games always have way more viewership. Face it smelee the game is dead lol

Not everyone in the world is playing in the same tournament, even if it's a major.

>forced a GG top 8 out of its own hall
based

You are misreading. I could have won at a local for ultimate but I couldn't have won a fucking tourney for ultimate. The reason why I could perform better in Ultimate than I would Melee is because of the lack of a skill ceiling. My fundamentals that I've built up over the years isn't enough for me to even make it out of pools in melee, I need to master all the tech too.

Ultimate easier is what I'm trying to say not that it's easy, it's not difficult either. Think of it like dbfz except dbfz is more difficult.

Also quit with this melee players struggling to win shit. The ones who put any real time into to it perform just fine.

Correction: it's easy but not to the extent you think I'm making it out to be. Games can be easy to learn and play but hard to get any good results with. Not saying that the melee dudes that actually play it get bad results though.

A restricted meta is more fun to watch for the viewer. When I see a yoshi player in melee I perk up, because you dont see that character often and he has to have a unique playstyle to hang with the top tiers.

Those games have always had more viewers though even in melees peaks. But melee still destroys all of them with tourney numbers. 60k+ isnt just the kids sitting in the venue either it is all the people who recognize melee is the superior game. Ult has 70+ characters and its bright and pretty so it's no wonder casuals and children will flock to it like crazy. There are tons of other streamers who are growing and getting good viewership. Not to mention melee players take practice much more seriously. A lot of the time watching people grind tech or friendlies can get stale but it leads to bigger tourney performances. Ult kiddies dont grind like that so they're doing things like playing around the world on laggy online. Or testing their villager. melee isnt for casuals and that's exactly what ult is geared towards. I know you may have not had the skill to play well but just hop on smash ladder and see all the people who are committed.

I'd say this is true generally speaking but not in Melee's case. Melee's meta has been too solved for awhile now. Sure it is hype when the non meta characters win but it is way to rare to be enjoyable. So many top level matches have become boring. Even some diehard Melee fans that I know are starting to groan when they see Fox vs Fox.

Based, Melee has boiled down to Fox vs Fox only and it's not even skill at this point, it's really not hard to learn 2 matchups. Meanwhile Ultimate has hundreds of matchups, RARing, Attack Canceling, Wavedashing, etc.. the list goes on and on. These smellies that shit their pants need to move on from their archaic game

Way too rare? Falcon just won his first major in 15 years and pika won his first major ever. Character diversity in top 8 has been higher than it's ever been.

>Falcon won his first major in 15 years
>Pika won his first major ever
Considering the competitive scene has gone on for a long time, yes this is considered rare. Name one other Falcon player or, hell, a pika player that could even hope to replicate those results, Truth is, they are the exceptions, not the norm.

>melee is only fox vs fox!!
>literally not one single fox ditto in the top 8 of the last melee major

You guys are retarded. Fox is the best character in the game, yes, but at the very top he isn't nearly as prevalent as you make him out to be.

>one tournament is indicative of the scene and meta as a whole.
Look up how many foxes there were in top 8 of all the tournaments in the last 5 or so years. Lol it isn't even close. Fox dictates the meta. Some characters are actually given higher placement in the tier list BECAUSE they have a better matchup vs Fox. You can't call a character like this not prevalent.

100% agree, Fox is the Meta Knight of this game

The only reason Smash 4 got a bad reputation is because the developers gave up on balancing when releasing the DLC.

>best character dictates meta

Holy shit, you're onto something there. That still doesn't mean the game is nothing but fox dittos, you brainlet. Sagat was S+ Tier in SF4, that doesnt mean he was the only character played.

That's pretty easy when there's only 2/5 "gods" left. PPMD quit years ago, Armada stopped last year, M2K is on one of his breaks. It's only Mango and Hbox left.

>missing the point entirely
You said the character isn't prevalent. I never said the game is only Fox dittos. That example was used in the context of people getting tired of seeing Fox to the point where even Fox dittos are getting stale for Melee fans. If anyone is a brainlet, it is you. Try to relax and read next time.

who cares. the whole series is trash

based

>Melee has boiled down to Fox vs Fox only
>Even some diehard Melee fans that I know are starting to groan when they see Fox vs Fox.

>I never said the game is only Fox dittos

Sure thing, buddy.

>rewriting my post this hard
>still yet to refute the overall point being made
So this is what a Meleefag looks like in denial, huh?

>literal quotes
>rewriting my post!

Are you delusional? Is that why you see all these fox dittos everywhere? Is fox also listening to your phone calls secretly and go through your mail?

No one plays pika because he was thought to be bad but I guarantee there will be more people playing him now and s2j and n0ne are both amazing falcon players that are starting to implement a lot of stuff from wizzrobes style so I could totally see them winning in the future. How about find me a solo fox that wins tourneys often if he dominates the meta. Leffen is the best fox and he hasn't won a single tourney this year. We've had Falcon, Puff, Falco, Pika, Marth. Yet the game is solved and fox default wins, huh?

why are so many trannies into smash?

yesterday some butch german tranny blocked me after making a statement about the game on another forum.
i mean what kind of person replies to someone only to rant for am minute and then announce that you're blocking him?

like nigga you came to me!

Melee's whole metagame is based on outdated version of the game with bugs fixed in the subsequent versions, it's 100% autism

Attached: 1466500495319.jpg (532x487, 86K)

>literal quotes
>Melee has boiled down to Fox vs Fox only
Yeah I totally said that. Everything else you said is just cringe. Try harder.
>Leffen is the best fox and he hasn't won a single tourney this year
Terrible example considering Leffen took so much time off of Melee to try to compete in Ultimate. Not only that but Armada (arguably best Fox) stopped competing and Mango has been on the decline for awhile now.
>We've had Falcon, Puff, Falco, Pika, Marth. Yet the game is solved and fox default wins, huh?
This is called missing the point and the bigger picture. Again, look at the larger data set (ie tourney results from the last 5 or so years and tell me the percentages of Foxes in top 8 versus any other character. It isn't even close.

it says a lot about a franchise when it lures in a lot of mentally ill smelly faggots and autists
the kind that anyone in the normal fgc crowd could beat up easily if their smell didn't knock them out like a combo of bleach and ammonia

Attached: things smashfags don't do.webm (198x360, 2.76M)

Leffen had losses against Wizzy, Axe, and Zain before he took a break as well, retard. I'll give you Armada quitting but I'd honestly argue his peach was more of a gatekeeper than his fox. The only reason you saw his fox in top 8 was because of the puff matchup. Same with Plup and Mango's fox most of the time as well. And how is Mango in decline when he is in winners top 8 and he just won a tournament with Falco a couple of months ago? Do you even watch melee? 2019 melee is a completely new beast compared to recent years.

>Do you even watch melee? 2019 melee is a completely new beast compared to recent years.
In the last three years, mango has had roughly 7 1st place finishes out of roughly 50 tournaments which is 14%. The majority of those first place finishes are in 2016. If we excluded these, it would look even worse. So yes, he has been declining. He is not performing as well as he used to.
>his peach was more of a gatekeeper than his fox.
Only against shitter who had no hope of getting first to begin with/ Mango

>Watching smelee ever
Kek, if I wanted to watch an easy kid's game I'd go watch Fortnite. Why don't you put the effort in to learn RARing, Attack Canceling, and hundreds of matchups? Oh that's right, you're all brainlets

Then why isn't it at EVO.

>Melee is hard and requires a shit ton of execution
Stopped reading there. I don't think you've played any Smash games, or have showered in the last year.
Take your newfag opinions to Smashboards and leave us alone.

Attached: 1524330047158.jpg (350x350, 38K)

>Worse than Brawl
Meleefags actually believe this lmao

Unironically incorrect

Peach missing the L cancel on fair shifts her hurtbox low enough to the ground to dodge grabs

Learn the game you're shitposting about

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (620x632, 40K)

>pointing out 1 (one) specific instance of L-cancelling not being beneficial of the hundred or so moves in the game
I thought Melee players being autists was a meme. You realize that Mango has admitted to not knowing what a constant hitbox is? Does he need to learn the game too?

Mang0 was in a decline but he's clearly coming out of it, he's practicing and playing better than he ever has.
>Only against shitter who had no hope of getting first to begin with
yeah... thats what a gatekeeper is. also swedish delight beat armadas fox with sheik the year before he retired. If anything Fox is getting solved, not melee as a whole.

>hes not fast enough to press L or R when he lands
its okay just play ultimate with the little babies so you dont have to strain your little baby fingers pressing buttons too fast.

Here's your (You)

>getting first a single time =/= clearly coming out of it
If he actually gets first in the next couple tournaments I'll believe it.
>yeah... thats what a gatekeeper is
Nah because saying his peach is gatekeeping is implying they could even pass the gate to begin with. If he really wanted to, he could pull out his Young Link and beat even some top 32 players lol. That is how much of a skill gap there is.
>also swedish delight beat armadas fox with sheik the year before he retired. If anything Fox is getting solved, not melee as a whole.
This is grasping at straws. Look at how many first place finishes Sheik mains had that year compared to Fox mains. Better yet, compare the overall win rate of Armada's Fox vs Swedish Delight's Sheik. Unless it is close to 50/50, saying his Fox is solved is a bit dishonest.
Try harder.

Because people don't watch it when there aren't tournaments on?

imagine trying to argue Ultimate is a good game when top players openly admit they're bored with it and can't find a character they enjoy playing as

>fundies

Death to trash bros

Melee isnt hard. It was just gatekeeped by a bunch of "top players" who knew how to spam a couple of glitches, while making sure to ban anything that would counter those same glitches. These same "pros" are mostly terrible in Ultimate.

Attached: Smashplayers3.png (621x441, 60K)

>Isn't hard
>Top players who consistently do well exist
man you're retarded

Of course they do with the rulesets designed to favor them and their broken characters. Now when they can't glitch their way to victory anymore, suddenly they aren't that good anymore.

What ruleset favors which broken characters?

Where do you think the "Foxes only, Final Destination" meme came from?

100% accurate, hilarious that even Iceclimbers is banned from tournaments now because the one person who played them didn't have enough clout.

Because people who didn't play melee said
>haha they hate fun and only play one character on a flat stage
When in reality there are stages with platforms too. Besides, Fox doesn't even win every tournament at the top level. Other characters like Jiggs, Captain Falcon, Marth, and even Pikachu have recently. You seem to be implying that Finald Destination favors Fox but Fox usually strikes FD because other characters easily combo and chaingrab him on it.

>getting first a single time =/= clearly coming out of it
I don't think he is in contention for number one, but considering it had been over a year since he won a tourney I'd argue getting 1st 2nd and 3rd place within a few tourneys shows he's at least coming out of his slump.

And no his peach was definitely gatekeeping players like Zain, Axe, Wizzy, Amsa. If you wanted to place well you had to beat Armada's Peach and if you think all of those players had no chance of beating his fox you're insane.
>he could pull out his Young Link and beat even some top 32 players
You're insane if you truly believe this. Ask Armada yourself he's even answered questions like that on his streams. There's no way he beats anyone in top 32 consistently with YL. Thank you for confirming to me your double digit IQ though.
>saying his Fox is solved is a bit dishonest
I dont think Fox is solved but the fox matchup is easily the most solved given how much it's been played and how much fox used to dominate. I think the fox matchup is closer to being solved than the melee meta as a whole. Players like Zain and Axe eat foxes for breakfast at this point.

Attached: 6433466666666.jpg (498x700, 67K)

Ice Climbers aren't banned, please disregard that misinformation.

ign.com/articles/2019/02/15/smash-bros-tournament-bans-ice-climbers-wobbling-technique

Fox vs Fox in Melee is still a more interesting matchup to watch than literally every matchup in Ultimate bar none

>Meanwhile icies have an infinite in Ultimate, as does Diddy Kong

not that user.
It is interesting but it gets boring even if fox is the t peak of technical stuff when we are talking about smash.

Melee wont die because it's the best smash game
>Best roster of the series by far
>Best tech
>Best skill ceiling

Attached: 1523978201556.png (570x474, 77K)

In Ult I play Yoshi, Wolf, Roy and Ridley and the game honestly feels like Melee to me. Maybe I just play in a way that isnt turbo gay

>he doesnt know spot-dodge baits

reminder that meleechads upset FGCels so much because their refusal to "move on" from melee to newer games with objectively worse gameplay is a constant reminder to FGCels that they're a bunch of corporate bootlicking whores who will break out their wallets for new games on command no matter how shitty they are and will let corporate sponsors control what games they play at their tournaments.

Imagine if real sports worked like "competitive gaming" does and you had to buy a new, increasingly shitty ball rework every year to keep playing your sport lmao.

And you're a fucking idiot if you don't get the meaning behind the meme. The rules were and still are arbitrary and draconian because the game balance is so out of whack you can't really have a real competitive experience within the game. So as a result only a couple of characters are viable, rest are banned and the top players win by glitching away.

While in Ultimate theres way more matchups and variety so as a result the complacent "pros" don't fare nearly as well when the rules aren't favoring them and their glitch abusing playstyle any longer.

Attached: stinkyday2.png (607x287, 38K)

Your picture misses the stink lines coming from that guy's ass, also
>Best roster
Are you a cut-tard?

>A guy who plays Nintendo games 14 hours a day to become "pro" is NOT a corporate whore.
I don't see these same people playing any Smash clones regularly, they only care about the Nintendo stuff. Melee- and Smashfags in general are the very definition of corporate whores. They don't give a shit about the gameplay, Smash-clones wouldnt be such financial failure of a genre, Nintendo-license is the only thing that matters.

No, I just realise that melee's roster is way better than any others
Every choice is unique and memorable, it makes sense and it's got soul

>smash is only popular because of the nintendo roster
Lmao

Pretty much yes. All non-Nintendo Smash-type of games are failures that nobody plays.

The smasher that shit their pants was an Ultimate player btw

but they don't play the other Nintendo smashes, they play melee. They play melee because it's still the best game of that style and that includes all the shitty indie smash knockoffs. FGCels don't get their panties in a twist over the actual corporate whore smashers who "moved on" to Brawl, then 4, then ultimate like they were "supposed to." They only shit their pants in rage over melee players.

That's because there's no non-nintendo smash game that accurately replicates the feel of melee. Rivals of Aether has moderate success because it tries to.

>LESS is SOUL
ok retarded retard

>They play melee because it's still the best game of that style
The game where you have to ban 95% of content so you can abuse glitches is better than all the other games in the genre.

Attached: MGSEscape.jpg (610x343, 30K)

You can call them glitches all you want, it doesn't make you right.

More like people don't give a shit about the genre so they wouldn't watch "pros" play Rivals of Aether, so most good players won't even touch the game because they can't have the tourney cred or stream-bucks from a game that doesn't have the Nintendo license.

shut the fuck retard, it was that or have janky stuff like items or unfair stages, NO ONE likes that type of stuff in a competitive scene.

You can call it a tactical advantage all you want, shitting your pants is still a retarded thing to do, during or outside of a tournament.

>players like Zain, Axe, Wizzy, Amsa
>implying these players had a chance to get first regardless of Armada's peach.
>You're insane if you truly believe this.
Hugs is considered a top 32 player and get's 3-0 by him consistently and convincingly usually 2 or 3 stocks each game.
>Ask Armada yourself he's even answered questions like that on his streams.
That is because Armada is more modest than the average smash pro and he knows that him pointing out how bad the majority of smashers are/ the massive skill gap is unhealthy to do to garner interest in the game.
>Thank you for confirming to me your double digit IQ though.
If only you knew how hilarious this is coming from a Meleefag. Wait, Meleefags are incapable of critical thought so you will never understand how funny that is.
>I dont think Fox is solved but the fox matchup is easily the most solved given how much it's been played and how much fox used to dominate
Even if I grant you that the Fox matchup is solved, that doesn't even matter because Fox is so much better than the rest of the cast by a significant enough margin to make up for it. Furthermore, as i've explained, looking at the tournament results, it is clear that Fox still dominates. Pointing out outliers isn't an argument.

So what? What's the difference between banning shit like unbalanced stages and banning shit like goal tending and traveling in basketball, using your hands in divegrass and pass interference in handegg?

And Ultimate has its share of fair maps and no-item setups and it does it better than Melee. And of course it does, that game gets patched and Melee doesn't. Its unfair for the older game but its true.

I was having fun with Ultimate, but Melee has better online now. And it's generally speaking more fun. But I like Ultimate, it's good.

>Comparing real sport with your smelly gaming addiction

That'll surely lead you somewhere, smeleefag

Attached: 1557789961265.jpg (640x480, 48K)

>everyone attending the event will have the stream opened
The fuck are you talking about

Ultimate has more content than melee, that i won't deny,but it just doesn't play remotely the same at a competitive level, is not Ultimate is bad, it just isn't a replacement for melee, like other sequels in other fighting games franchises are.
Brawl was a mistake

Bad comparison. Melee would be like Basketball where going forward and backward with the ball, passing the ball to a teammate, player height differences and having different scores based on how far you throw should get banned so select few retards could win easier.

Attached: Smashplayervsgolf.jpg (638x2500, 172K)

>Melee players are stinky
Today I will remind them

Attached: Stinky day.jpg (1119x570, 203K)

Actually, he's right. Most other competitive games change drastically between installments, but melee is so good that you only need to make minor adjustments to the rules, in much the same way sports are. That's how sports work, they start out as games people like to play together and expand hugely when people see how much depth and fun there is to them.

The smells rotted their brains, of course theyre idiots who cant see obvious signs.

None of the characters are banned. Just random elements.

The ball size, court dimensions and composition are all standardized. You don't get random shit just appearing either - the only randomness comes from players/teams and their decisions.

Tennis would be a better comparison what with different court materials sometimes leading to (to the player) random dead spots and so on, wind affecting things randomly, etc.

>A full classroom worth of sweaty dudes who haven't showered in months.
I bet they were like 500+ at first, until people started fainting.

Attached: Surströmming.jpg (1500x1181, 198K)

The reason why most stages are banned is that some characters would be literally unbeatable on them. Just like if goaltending wasn't banned in Basketball no one would ever score because defense would be too easy.

M2K is pretty much retired, he claims MVG doesn't need him to compete, so he doesn't want to because he's "Done everything he can do".

>Tennis would be a better comparison
Not really since Smash from the very design doesnt have even maps. You need to compare it to sports with uneven terrains that change regularly.

Except hazards also get banned, in stages where there is no immediate advantage to any character.

what about Slap City though

Attached: 1559717275133.png (400x300, 111K)

Slap City at Evo when

Attached: JENNY.gif (430x412, 18K)

Why do you post these poor hygiene twitter screencaps that say "super smash brothers tournaments" as if to say it's solely melee players? The original stinky day thing had like 5 melee attendees and 40 ultimate players.

>The original stinky day thing had like 5 melee attendees and 40 ultimate players.
That was an unrelated bracket from many months after.

wizzy and zain won tournaments this year so nice argument lol and this isnt ultimate just because hugo loses to peach does not mean he could lose to young link. you really are a 14 year old ult player arent you

>comparing melee to golf
First off, not every legal stage is just a flat surface. FD is the only legal stage without platforms and the changing environment in Pokemon Stadium keep things fresh. Second, playing on stages with hazards that can kill you is not the same as playing on a golf course. It's more akin to having a boxing match where the crowd are allowed to throw shit at the fighters.

Why would you believe there'd be more ultimate players earlier into wii u's life? The game was hemorrhaging players throughout its entire run and only got worse with DLC.

If you're going to say melee players are the sole problem then the burden of proof should lie with the accuser after all since the closest thing we have to actual evidence points more toward wii u players.

The comic forgot when he bans all other clubs except one (the putter).

>wizzy and zain won tournaments this year so nice argument lol
Wow so of the vast majority of tournaments they lose they finally, after years and years of playing, won a tourney or two. Yeah that is way more convincing.
>just because hugo loses to peach does not mean he could lose to young link
Imagine unironically defending Hugo's skill at Melee. One of the longest running pros with almost nothing to show for. None of the gods take him seriously and they still body him LMAO. You don't understand how massive the skill gap is between the top 12 or so players and everyone else.
>you really are a14 year old ult player arent you
And here we have the best a Meleefag can come up with when they realize everything they said is beyond retarded and not supported by the evidence. "You must like other smash games". Well, at the very least, you can say that you aren't as bad as other Meleefags but that is basically being at the top of the trash heap. Take a shower.

>top 10 melee players each play a different character
What the fuck did he mean by this

by the way
hbox, puff
wizzy, falcon
mango, falco
axe, pikachu
plup, shiek/samus/fox
Leffen, fox
Armada, Peach/fox
amsa, yoshi
Zain, Marth

Attached: 1561483114846.png (270x301, 102K)

Fucking Fox abusers, the game is solved

Attached: Tourneyfag_golf_2.jpg (638x2800, 202K)

Armada didn't win his first supermajor until 4 years after he started seriously competing. Zain started competing in 2014, and won his first major by 2018. I think you're just retarded

>Take a shower.
Yeah definitely seething nice cope post i guess.

What's up witj this ultimate hassles tech bait. Why have I been seeing it recently

Change your underpants

Thats ironic coming from a smashfag seething with body odor.

What's complicated about smash? Just hit the other guy alot

Today I will remind them

>le smelly!
Thats the best you got? Keep seething.

Meleefags getting this upset.

>That the best you got? Smashfags wear their disgusting smell with pride!
No wonder you keep shitting your pants in public spaces. You're worse than furries, at least those degenerates wear diapers.

Melee is literally just a couple dozen pros and semi-pros circle-jerking themselves while they try to keep the game relevant.

Only in fighting game eSports do you get people so resistant to change. Literally every other game in eSports has pros keeps up with the current iteration of the game, despite any flaws those games may have.

Attached: monkey kang.jpg (599x599, 50K)

>Melee is literally just a couple dozen pros
The sad thing is even this is generous

What you described in the second paragraph is a bad thing, not something to brag about.

t. only watches top 8s and has never been to a local in his life

Melee is fun and unique! Smush is fun and unique! Enjoy games please!

>despite any flaws those games may have.
So you're mad that melee players aren't retard shill and realize they can keep playing a game they enjoy? Are you admitting the FGC is full of retards?

Armada lost 2-1 to Trif as YL, where the one game he won was where Trif went Game and Watch as opposed to Peach. Armada’s YL would have no chance vs Hugo.
>but it’s Peach not Samus
The matchup is pretty much the same. YL vs Puff wouldn’t even be a question if Puff had even as mediocre of a projectile as Luigi’s fireball

>thinking stagnation is good
>missing the point
Can't say I expected better from Meleefags though

>Pros and the game improving are a bad thing!
Heres Melee-community on a nutshell. Having to learn new things would jeopardize their status as gods of Smash games.

Attached: 1522570186899.png (225x227, 119K)

>using a single game from pre-peak Armada as your selling point
I mean, I think it would be close, don't get me wrong, but I still think Hugo would have to try super hard and be near perfect to win which is unlikely.

The meta is constantly evolving though. Instead of learning new mechanics, they're forced to learn more about their game. And with how deep melee is they're still finding ways progress the meta. I respect it a lot.

Not only that but Samus is a pretty bad character, she has a lot of options but none of them work too well, you need to work really hard to perform the same as other characters.

I hope you fags are this active when top 8 starts, the threads have been kind of dead lately.

The only people who unironically think Melee is "deep" are people who haven't played many other fighters.

You don't understand, the game is THAT good. I'm being completely unironic here, the game is so good it could be played for years still to come.

>learn new things
But ult doesnt have any new things it in fact has less. Why are nu-smash fags so braindead?

Ultimate has Banjo, Ridley, K. Rool, and Simon as well as every character from Melee. Are you retarded?

Go talk to any street fighter pro who played before V. There's a reason people like Justin Wong maintain that Melee is amazing.

The only things other fighting game players have to show that melee isn't that deep are just webms of them performing a combo without explaining any of the mechanics behind it. Leffen was a top dragon Ball fighterz player and was also decent at UMvC3.

ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSBM_tier_lists_(NTSC)

>constantly evolving

Literally Sheik, Marth, Fox, and Falco in the top 5 for almost every tier list iteration.

Just because someone can pull off a win with an unorthodox strat every once and awhile doesn't mean the meta is "evolving."

Pikachu won a major recently. How many people are going to drop their mains and pick up Pikachu?

I'll give you a hint: 0.

More viable maps, more viable characters. Thats way more things than Melee. It has less glitches to exploit, thats what Melee players don't like.

>the game improving
According to who? According to what criteria?

SFV is a fucking piece of shit. It's literal garbage. But guess what, FGC is forced to play it anyway, because they decided to just suck it up and play whatever is most modern every time.

The greatest melee player of all time, Armada, thinks puff is the best character in the game. I think I'd rather take his opinion over an outdated tier list posted by a shitposter on Yea Forums.

Two of the lightest fighters, wow. MvC as a franchise has a similar problem to Smash where all its popularity comes from its license and the actual gameplay itself is kinda shit.

I don't play melee or ultimate, but melee tournaments are more fun to watch if I have to choose one.
I feel like it will outlive ultimate for sure.

>According to who? According to what criteria?
Patching out bugs is not improving a game? Oh of course, there wouldnt be any glitches to exploit so Meleefags see that as a bad thing.

Eh, I just think that YL’s matchups against floaties are super overrated at top level. The 4 decent floaties that aren’t Puff have really good ways of either outcamping YL(Turnips, Missiles) or just rushing him down(Luigi/Icies ground movement). She’s pretty much guaranteed to live to 180/twice as long every stock unless he finds a rogue dair or downsmash near the ledge. I will confess to being a retarded Samus main though.

Ka-Master would probably beat Armada’s YL.

Post your face when there was an official patch (AKA PAL version) and they didn't remove wavedashing (which they knew about) or L-Canceling (which was purposefully implemented) or anything really

You're still trying to argue that fixing bugs in a game is worse than not fixing them.

Why do people who obviously don't watch melee, don't go to melee or fgc events, and don't play melee insist on talking very loudly about how much it hurts their feelings?
You'd fit right in with the redditors who cry about how everyone is obsessed with "sportsball"

>Patching out bugs is not improving a game?

I'm not a retard who thinks bugs are somehow inherently bad, so no. Enjoy your casual trash SFV though, baddie.

I wasn't the guy you were talking to, champ. Also, those aren't bugs. Maybe try playing the game, chief. You might think differently, bucko

melee's percent and di system make it incredibly deep. everything changes depending on percent.

>Armada's opinion is worth more than the entire playerbase and nearly every other pro that disagrees with him. Some of which are also considered GOATS
Name a jigglypuff main besides Mango and Hungrybox that has won a major with this character. I'll wait.

>it will outlive ultimate for sure
Ultimate has literally been referred to by literally everyone, even meleefags themselves as the best entry in the series up to date.

And it's gotten the most entries at EVO this year. It's basically destroyed Melee's chances of ever returning.

Plus there's the fact that Smash Ultimate is the first handheld entry. And handheld gaming is fucking huge among normalfags.

I honestly don't see it being forgotten like Brawl or Sm4sh anytime soon.

>Melee has more clones then any other Smash
>S-SOUL!!!!

This but the reddit spacing ruins it.

Soulless compared to melee newcomers and they don't matter, melee newcomers mattered at the game's release
Melee has no clones

just because people don't win with her doesn't mean she doesn't have the tools to be number one.

While I don’t think Puff is top 2, let alone the best, but you do realize that only like a dozen or so people have won supermajor tier tournaments in the last decade?

I'm from MeWe though.
Also I made a mistake because i kinda forgot 3DS Smash.

>hurr durr reddit
kys

Does Armada have literally any evidence to back up his claim? What's puff's pick rate, win rate, etc.

In CS:GO people can say "the M4A4 is better than the M4A1-S" and provide actual statistics/data to back it up. They could also make claims like "X map is more T sided than CT sided" and have thousands of matches worth of data to back up that claim.

If s1mple (one of the best players of all time) said "Cache is heavily T sided" he would be objectively incorrect.

That's the group of people you're talking to when you're talking to people that like Ultimate. You're talking to redditors that like Ultimate, people themselves.

>Soulless compared to melee newcomers and they don't matter, melee newcomers mattered at the game's release
Are you autistic?

smash.gg/tournament/evo-2018/events/evo-2018-1/stats

Hit enter before I could fin

Just looking at this shows that while Puff is strong she is pretty much hard countered by Fox. Fox still boasts a much more impressive win rate.

Why are you fags so obsessed with reddit? Jesus fuck day in and day out with this shit. Can't go one thread without "muh reddit boogeyman".

>nearly every other pro that disagrees with him
As far as I know most players who have spoken on the topic agree that Puff is S+ tier usually alongside Fox

Puff literally counters the entire top tier outside of Fox. That's fucking retarded. Her matchups are beyond broken.

Why yes, i play Melee, how could you tell?

Attached: smashtournament1.png (640x480, 466K)

Go back there, chief. Y'all are affecting our board, like highkey ruinin' it

Puff loses to Marth and Shadow Falcon change my mind.

If Armada is going to claim Puff is the best character, no matter how good of a player he is, he needs evidence. See . Maybe she does have the potential to be the best, however, creating a tier list based on potential shows a lack of understanding on how tier lists work/ what they are made to represent.
This point only further proves Melee is stagnant.
Fair enough.
newfag, redditor or both.

Melee is old and just has a very minority of manchildren that yell really loud about it, it is a dead game

Sure its the best smash, but anyone over 18 should be able to realize smash is shit

>Armada has to switch off his main to beat Puff (Puff-Peach is well-known to be unwinnable for Peach)
>M2K has to switch off his main to Fox, to fight Puff
>Plup has to switch to Fox vs Puff
>Mango has to switch to Fox vs Puff

Puff i just fine bros

why are you so scared of reddit?
i don't even like the site but everyone's argument these days are "duuuuuuh leddit lel"
its 3 year old shit

That's gonna be a yikes from me, dog.

THE THAD HUNGRYBOX
>forces everyone and their mom into the best character in the game, still beats them.
THE CHAD WIZZROBE AND ZAIN
>uses their character through and through
THE VIRGIN “GOD”
>has to abandon their spirit in the name of victory

What’s got Meleespergs worked up into such a tizzy anyways? The EVO shit happened months and months ago, are they still seething over it?

Attached: hgod.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

Ever since the game got dropped for EVO its been either bitching from pro players or new players thinking they're hip and original for switching over (and consequentially ruining) UNIST.

Melee has had a problem with these people for a while and the EVO drop was just a wake up call for that shit to get sorted. Melee is different from how it was 5 years ago, its no longer the grass roots game that people STILL to this day insist it is. It had its time in the spotlight. Pro players and casuals made Nintendo look bad with outbursts by top players, poor management, poor hygiene by players, and consistent harassment. Nintendos since dropped trying to push smash as a competitive game almost like a bad habit. and who can blame them really with a community that terrible for a game they don't even sell these days.

>"You're dumb if you let other people impact how you feel about a game."

Thats literally what turns people away from remotely wanting to play the game competitively. If the community is garbage then only garbage will want anything to do with it.

Attached: FuckThisShit.gif (480x320, 710K)

>he says while the thread was made by an anti-melee sperg

what is even happening here

When are Meleefags not seething? They've been eternally butthurt since the release of Brawl.

the amount of pure asshurt melee causes even though it's "totally dead" is more than every other fighting game combined. What is it about this game that causes so many people to fume? Could it be that it's the only community that truly is control of their own destiny? I genuinely think that's it. The power of ownership is something no other game can truly attest to. Also ownership is a "white man" power so trannies hate it too.

that's just consumerism user. good games last forever. you know, like actual sports.

Leffen shit talked Hbox like always and Hbox beat his ass down yet again.

Starts off good, but loses steam towards the end.
4/10 bait

Yes as everyone knows, the current NFL uses the exact same rule book as it did when it was founded in like 1916 or whatever

Real sports evolve unlike a stagnant video game.

American Football for example has gone through pretty significant meta changes and is played very differently from how it was played originally. There used to be a significant emphasis on the running aspect of the game, now it's more of a passing game.

The rules regarding the game have changed too. Recent changes to overtime and kick-offs have made some pretty big changes to scoring potential (i.e. punt returns) and how teams approaching tie situations.

Better padding/safety gear (stronger + lighter) has also allowed players to hit harder and pull off more athletic plays.

Since 2001 Melee pros have been playing the same game (same version), on the same console, with the same controller, with the same meta.

Attached: football-history-hero.jpg (631x300, 22K)

That's literally not true, and Melee has gone through several changes not unlike football has, like the banning of items and stages deemed unfair, like Corneria. The meta of melee has changed dramatically since 2001. Honestly, you just proved the point of most Melee fans.

except that many stages, glitches, and techniques have been banned for being unfair or unbalanced not to mention ledge grab limits and wobbling bans are being discussed

Viewership is low because all the top streamers either aren't streaming atm, or they're at LTC7.

LTC7 top 8 starts in an hour and fifteen, maybe try to make this thread again 2 hours from now :p

The amount of whining I've read on twitter by Sm4sh trannies/faggots/furries (unironically most of them are one of these) about how they're getting 'bullied' by Meleefags and the sheer inferiority complex they have is just downright cringeworthy.
I actually like Ultimate, I'm just saying, Melee truly lives rent free in the Brawl/Sm4sh crowds mind.

As for why FGC is obsessed with this game, I don't know. It honestly feels like they just INHERENTLY ge triggered by the whole "stick to old game even though newer title is out" thing. I don't get it.
If Brawl hadn't been so fucking garbage this would have never happened, but because it was people simply rebelled and went back to Melee, than the sheer quality of the game did the rest to keep it alive.

Ultimate might be the better game for casual play but Melee is so much better to watch at high-level I can't even comprehend why someone would prefer to watch Ultimate over Melee

This thread is perfect, all we need now is stinkling poster, lolmkleowins posters and ChuDat Chronicles posters (or Scar’s Dad).

Top streamers are at LTC7, that's why viewership is that low. Check back in 2 hours during top 8.

Those games rules have affected literally every competive Smash scene though, not just Melee

Attached: spacing.webm (600x338, 1.23M)

Melee has not used the same rules since release lol
The meta has also changed drastically
And the later Smash games didn't seek to improve Melee, they sought to be their own games. They aren't patches. They're different games with different gameplay (slower, simpler, more boring)

Massive meleefag cringe here, fucking yikes

Yes, but Melee was the one that pioneered those rules.

Attached: armadapeach.webm (854x480, 2.91M)

Attached: PPMD goes supersaiyan.webm (720x480, 2.94M)

considering he fell for obvious bait it shouldnt be surprising

Because Melee was literally the only Smash game getting played at the time? What the fuck was Brawl supposed to introduce Stage counterpicking 3 years before it came out?

Attached: Plupsamus1.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Suddenly Ultimate

Attached: REVERSE FUCKING 3-0.webm (852x480, 2.9M)

not just for casual play it's better overall
better gameplay, better mechanics, larger roster, more stages, and most importantly a diverse meta.
melee is fun, but its leagues behind ultimate nowadays

Whoa dude I can only imagine the APM

>better gameplay
>better mechanics
youtube.com/watch?v=JpOaQxrsaqI&t=0s

6/10 bait

Melee's movement system, combo potential, and di system will always trump ultimate and make it loads more fun to watch or play. Ultimate has more stages, music, characters, and better visuals but those don't equate to a better competitive experience.

I don't get your point. What does this have to do with Melee having gone through several evolutions similar to how football has and is still being played today?

/thread

Smash went through those evolutionss dude, the entire community did.

That’s the problem with Meleespergs, you think yourself above the rest of the Smash series instead of apart of it.

this honestly just looks like middle-low tier melee

Attached: 1472960948413.jpg (540x533, 40K)

those plays are great, like i said melee is definitely fun
but the movement and combo potential is clearly broken since it wasn't intended to be that way.
Ultimate is much more fun to watch especially because you can tell what's going on

Those options are available to literally everyone, are you daft? Anyone can do that, if you put in the effort. That's what makes it a cool game, there's so many options available to anyone striving to learn. Once you understand those options, watching it makes sense as well.

>they sought to be their own games. They aren't patches. They're different games
you mean Brawl, Brawl 2 and Brawl 3?

Yes, but melee did these things first and independently of the other smash games.
When brawl came out they realized they should still follow the melee rules of only using legal stages. Hell, 64 did it retroactively after the melee community implemented it.
Melee is still played today. Brawl isn't. That's my point. Melee isn't above the rest of the smash community, but it was there first in terms of competitive play, and only it and 64 are the ones that are still played today regardless of what new game came out in the series. You can't say that for Brawl and Sm4sh.

>because you can tell what's going on
How can you not tell what's going on in melee, the combos are incredibly straightforward

If you're incredibly casual then sure ultimate is better for you to watch and play.

you're right, I don't mean to say a higher skill ceiling is a bad thing.
but the gameplay does look janky and broken even if it is faster paced. a broken system doesn't make for a broken game, I dont care that the devolpers made it this way on accident.
but the on the whole I don't feel the characters' personalities shine, everything just looks messy and unappealing.

But the real questions is, WHO whs it?

>@470339625

sorry your game is so boring to watch and play that you have to come here and shitpost instead. Shit thread

I think the characters personalities shine much more in melee than later smash games, actually. Look at how Falcon combos in Melee. It's fast, incredibly hard-hitting, and usually requires the Falcon player to put himself in a lot of danger.
youtube.com/watch?v=SD0uiIF2shA&t=42s
Now look at how Ultimate falcon plays. Much slower, much more focused on the same thing every other character focuses on because movement in Ultimate isn't nearly as precise as Melee, his off-stage game is much safer and less interesting due to how ledges work in Ultimate, and his flashiest combos usually rely on hard reads to make happen.
youtube.com/watch?v=aF3OSm1OKR8
Now to be clear, I think Ultimate is fun to play, and there are some sick plays in the Ultimate video. But it's simply not Melee.

It was me

Attached: 1562955625531.png (617x533, 260K)

Smash smellies sure love to argue amongst each other over which of their retarded children's party games is better than the other, don't they? Take a hint, they're all shit that only faggy manchildren play. Play a real fighting game, or better yet don't and fuck off because no one in the FGC likes you, and we certainly don't want to smell you at our events.

I wouldn't want to be in a community full of niggers that get dominated by a LARPing furry nigger faggot either.

>if you aren’t sexually assaulting a controller for the entire length of the match it’s a bad game
Holy reddit opinion you got there
shit it’s no wonder Meleefags can’t handle the fact that a slow placed, footsie based game like SamSho replaced them lmao

This is a bait thread, Stop replying

>tfw I love Melee and SamSho
There's a place for everything user

If Melee is such an incredible, perfect, all encompassing game then how come its fanbase doesn't just run its own huge EVO-style tournament but just for Melee and if they did then how did it not destroy EVO and every game in it if Melee is apparently the greatest fighting game of all time?

I imagine you faggots still cry about UNIST "stealing" your slot by the sin of being an actual fighting game too.

Attached: 1558399709982.gif (430x270, 160K)

Like Genesis? Or Big House?
And why would a melee-only event destroy an event for traditional fighting games?

they're playing Brawlhalla at LTC right now and it's like 100% e-sports wtf
twitch.tv/tourneylocator

Literally the entire fighting game genre is the exact same game since SF II Turbo and so samefaggy that the players can literally hop between different ("different") games effortless with zero learning curve or adaptation struggles. Two fucking decades and the genre has not developed one bit.

melee has monthly tournaments that surpass smash4's evo record viewership

damn those melee plays are disgusting! I think you're right but only regarding CFalcon. even fox looks janky slipping and sliding all over the place.
I think the movement in Ultimate will look better the scene just has to catch up

god, that smoke trail & obnoxious zoom-in irritate me

But both those tournaments also have Ultimate

Because Melee is the greatest game of all time, user. No other game has the complexity or depth of glitch abusing a solved game for a decade, that's why people worship it and the sweaty tryhards who play it because most can't leave their comfort zone without immediately eating shit. It's a glorified party game that autists demand you turn everything off in to even resemble a competitive game and that apparently makes it the best fighting game. Don't forget to pull a CRT out of a dumpster so you can make use of that superior latency and make sure to tape off the other two ports on your gamecube so people know you mean serious business.

Attached: 1509748020452.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

The problem is that movement tech in Ultimate is all but solved. What you're seeing now is what you're going to get for the rest of the game's life unless something really game-changing is discovered.
And while I understand your reservations about Fox, once you watch it a little more Fox seems much less jank and much more fucking awesome.
youtube.com/watch?v=ymmMzvB9icQ&t=394s
Skip to the final section of the video with classical music if you want a less "janky" fox playstyle.

Hell, look at how marth plays in melee compared to Ultimate.
youtube.com/watch?v=h8PbLo9rrQk
And this is how Ultimate Marth plays.
youtube.com/watch?v=4SMM6CoiRqs

Could you go ahead and define glitch for me, user? Because I think the way you're using it, you'd define bhopping in CS as abusing a glitch as well.

Yikes, from the locals I've been to I knew the Ultimate players were neckbeards that wore weeb shit but actually saving those cringe images? Why don't you neck yourself before you rape a kid, or turn into a girl to cop-out of life? I hope it works out bro (male).

>Nostalgiafags and tryhards prefer melee to Smash4
Wow color me shocked now tell me when its only competition isn't itself.

Literally just coping, nothing more

>Implying I play Smash seriously
If I were going to play in a competitive space I'd rather play a real fighting game

>Implying Ultimate isn't a real fighting game

It would be cool if it didn't look and sound like a flash game.

It isn't. Neither is Melee. They're Action Party Games, and I have fun when I play Smash like that with friends but I wouldn't be caught dead slamming a GCN stick loud enough to be heard from space thinking I'm gonna be the next HBox some day or some shit.

Attached: hboxdabbinonem.webm (672x826, 2M)

>what you're going to get for the rest of the game's life unless something really game-changing is discovered.
oof I hope that isn't true. the movement now is fine I've seen some great stuff but maybe its more character dependent? this could just be me coping but I still prefer what we have now over the melee jank
those fox plays are amazing but again the jank that comes before just doesn't sit right with me, including the marth plays.
marth ultimate looks much better in this case with the spacing and the timing between swings.
maybe this comes down to a preference thing, the characters for me are the most important thing after gameplay so seeing them be themselves just sits better with me despite how much faster melee is.
still love both games but ultimate feels like I'm watching these charcters fight instead of two slippy slideys fishing for grabs and back airs (not that that's all melee has to offer it's just most of what I've seen)

Yeah exactly, imagine being some tryhard faggot who thinks he's hot shit because he's good at a single game that too many people can't let go of. At least SonicFox had the capacity to branch out.

Shower

Try not to shit yourself

Seriously you people need to fucking shower.

18+ kiddos leave the talking to adults

Been to EVO and Genesis, only times I ever had an issue with BO was when I was near the Sm4sh players

choose your character

Attached: supper smesh bras ulteemate.png (1916x1108, 911K)

Retarded zoomers think there is more skill in a game that isn't even a year old vs a decade old game like melee

All competitive scenes for all fighting games will eventually start to die out because most top players now are using the games and competitions to put their name out there, so then they can transition into becoming streamers. Zer0 did it, then Melee players tried to do it an succeeded as well. Mang0 has a huge following, Leffen has a decent one, etc.

Justin Wong is currently pumping out shitty youtube content, barely a top player, Japanese players are all streaming themselves playing online and creating/developing their personalities to become streamers. It pays better, you are not glued to playing one game after you grow, less stress. It's a fucking shame because this means old school competition is literally going to fucking die in favor of stream faggotry. This isn't a fucking issue about throwing meme words at each other. Hurrr durr smelly, hurr durr old game, hurr durr memes memes. It's gonna have a huge impact on anyone that remotely enjoys watching high level play.

Character metas will never develop properly, neither will the competitive scene in general. "I'll be good enough to win a few tournaments and then plug my twitter and twitch stream" is the name of the game right now. It's infuriating. That's the real reason as to why a lot of fighting games now just fizzle out and become monotone, repetitive garbage: because no one bothers to fucking try anymore.

Yikes!

>smashfag calling others kiddos

.......Lmfaoo? Take a look at the top smashers, dude. They're slaying puss on the reg, who are you?

>Another FGC cucks seething thread
*Yawwwwn* being the series with most viewership and most entrants really makes them mad, huh fellow Smash Yea Forumsros? Guess they just can't stand the fact that we save EVO every year, heh.

Attached: 1375088707007.jpg (236x294, 28K)

Good. They should save their personalities for their streams and attend smaller events. In a year esports will be distant memory in the fgc.

ITT: Literal Melee nazis shitting up our fucking board

Attached: 10n59b7.jpg (960x444, 49K)

>urrgh shower duhh shit urself
don't forget to do your homework

It's all so tiresome.

>Implying

And who is this Melee nazi exactly?

What do you call 1 nazi hanging out with 100 friends? 101 nazis. Get the fuck off my board you bigots

I have not seen a single entertaining ult match and all the hype seems to be entirely based on upsets or a rare character being used

Attached: 1556715019743.webm (480x360, 2.75M)

Friendly reminder that Albert's win over Hbox was illegal and illegitimate

Will Leffen ever learn how to Final Destination?

>twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
Smash 64

I need some context here, link to the match?

Attached: 1549175572978.png (696x695, 768K)

There was no big stream, youtube.com/watch?v=jtt0G95Ss74

Things haven't been the same since the crab.

>both have top 8s at majors going on
LLLMMMMMAAAAOOOOOO

Attached: CDA7DC0E-3CE1-4470-9646-EF6230456FDF.jpg (441x385, 69K)

>twitch.tv/tourneylocator
Melee

Attached: Untitled.png (1043x601, 41K)

He's playing now, and if he loses then HBox rematch.

it keeps getting worse
not like this anime kusoge bros

Attached: 377277E2-6116-4DAE-9D7F-1583F657288B.jpg (466x392, 229K)

?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-14_14-35-28.png (489x104, 20K)

why do smash fags want to be in evo so much? they don't even care about the other fighting games. not even the most popular ones like SFV, Tekken, or even DBFZ
especially Melee fags who don't even like the current Smash

lel

Attached: 1470761420769.png (358x432, 152K)

happening

rematch confirmed

all girls deserve rape. get over it

Shadow Falcon?

Attached: mario confused.png (322x269, 124K)

U probably live in a non competitive state if that's the case. Love to see u try that kind of stuff in FL, or Cali

Mang0 getting dunked

Not surprising since hes been washed up for two years now.

Albert vs HBox rematch is starting

HBox so salty, won't shake Albert's hand

Mang0 warming up his Fox for HBox

MANGO VS ZAIN GRAND FINALS
GET HYPE

Attached: 1560117094153.png (409x382, 202K)

man melee looks so slow after watching ultimate

said no-one ever

i just did though, this matchup is slow as balls

Wizzrobe playing 64 right now

???

Attached: dafdasfadsfdsafasdf.jpg (208x341, 36K)

>Ultimate literally breaks a Smash entrant record
>Smeleefags still think Ultimate will drop dead in Melee’s face
Now granted, if MKLeo wins the whole thing, then it might hurt the game’s viewership bad. Leo’s a great player and all, but nobody wants to watch a baseball league where one team steamrolls the entire competition.

Attached: 043A5017-9E74-46A0-A616-7B858D7E421F.jpg (702x286, 30K)

dont even bothering replying to these idiots. It's baffling how little they know about a game they spend hours and hours complaining about every day.

they do if said team is flashy with a lot of interesting characters. People just hate boring, soulless efficiency unless it's beating some other obnoxious bullshit

>comp scene created from nothing but the grassroots back of OG players and the sheer love of the game itself
>survived a C&D from Nintendo
>survived Sakurai literally trying to neuter competitive gameplay
>survived THREE sequels, a half dozen copycats, and a mod specifically intended to surpass it
>continues to attract new talent
>has a fresh, evolving meta game even after two fucking decades
>continues to pull viewers and independent tournaments
>completely timeless, feels as good to play as the day it released

Stay eternally seething. Melee is an unprecedented achievement, and a testament that good game design will always win in the end. Melee is everything other game communities desperately wish they were. And you know what, if it eventually fizzles out, so be it. Are you gonna boast about the fact that the game "only" lasted 20+ years? Lmao.

Attached: mario6.jpg (640x400, 57K)

Stinky day's been around for like 2 years at the very least. Way before Ultimate came out.

I don't think Ultimate will be dropped, the more likely possiblity is simply having two Smash games again.

But I'm not delusional, I know the chances are slim because Melee doesn't bring in the dosh.

why do melee players pretend melee wasn't dead as fuck before brawl arrived, and then got boosted up through that? brawl was shit but there's this weird idea melee was always the poor lonely ol game all on its own which has never been true

Man, I understand the skill involved, but it just looks so fucking spasmodic.

yeah, the fact that brawl was so crap definately helped melee, so what? sometimes you need to lose something to realize what you had

Attached: 75474574596.jpg (1201x564, 131K)

melee was huge and growing when brawl came out. Where the fuck do you think the brawl scene started from? It was dead after brawl's release but afterwards people decided that brawl was too shit and went back/modded the game

that's the mango

HBox

Grand Finals on Melee

Is there a tourney going on right now?

twitch.tv/tourneylocator

>Low Tier City
>Jigglypuff and Marth

Attached: bandana gun.jpg (557x488, 33K)

All the Foxes got BTFO'd though

HBox resets the bracket

match point

game 10

HBox wins after huge losers run, Zain chokes.