Half Life 1 and 2 are immersive because you can't skip cutscenes

>Half Life 1 and 2 are immersive because you can't skip cutscenes

>Deus ex isn't immersive because you can skip cutscenes - even though it's a literal immersive sim

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Half Lifefags explain yourselves

Also Deus Ex has a much better story than Half Life as a whole, which relies on shitty mysteries and lore rather than quality storytelling - it also tells a complete story in one game, can't name a Shit Life game that does that can you, HLfags?

Attached: e1oh.jpg (1575x924, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Storm#Deus_Ex
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stop making this thread faggit it was 20 years ago

Love as large as brontosaurus

This scenario has never happened anywhere but inside your head, OP.

does half life even have cut scenes
i don't think so

These games are like 100 years old.

>Rpg has better writing
Huuhhh blrrrfggg whu-whuuuut?? explan et

Attached: 1547713454161.jpg (803x5259, 1.63M)

You can't skip cutscenes in Half Life 1 and 2 because there aren't any you dumb fuck. Except I guess for 2's intro.

Half Life 1 literally doesn't have cutscenes.

See: Half Lifefags are delusional and think their games don't have cutscenes (as they think being locked in rooms to have NPCs exposit dialogue with no gameplay isn't a cutscene)

Immersive Sim is complete nonsense and doesn’t describe anything about the games that supposedly belong to that genre

>immersive sim
kill yourself fucking zoomer retard

It literally isn’t a cutscene. Keep coping.

>Half Life 1 literally doesn't have cutscenes.

Attached: MV5BOGJlM2NkNzgtMGM1Yy00MzYwLWI3MzEtMDRiMDhiZmEyNjMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzE2MzQyMDE@._V1_.jpg (1280x960, 268K)

I like Half Life 1, Half Life 2 and Deus Ex and think they are great games.

Attached: 1222438992565.png (520x620, 18K)

Why are you so obsessed?

"Talking to NPCs in-game" is not a "cutscene", you literal retard.

That's a phrase from the 90s. How young are you that you don't know that?

Agreed - but how can you help zoomers?

Hey I don't call them that and I have no doubt it's a term HLfags came up with because Deus Ex does everything HL does but better

How do you save the guy in the cage in Chapter 11 (Follow Freeman) of Half-Life 2? When you run into the building after you're dodging lasers from the sky.

I'm not sure what reality you're posting from, but in this one, Half Life's lack of cutscenes is a defining feature of the game.

Half-Life has a God-tier realized scenario with greatly executed gameplay. Deus Ex is jank supreme with bad design and 'i spill my drink' tier dialogue ever 10 seconds.

>>Half Life 1 and 2 are immersive because you can't skip cutscenes
I don't think I've ever heard this argument before.

It means "games that use simulation to create immersion instead of RPG elements". This is literally the phrase used by the developers at Looking Glass Studios back in the 90s.

How underage are you?

they both have great stories
hl has better gameplay but that doesnt mean dayofsex isnt worth playing

>I-i-it's not a cutscene even though there's no interactive gameplay

Cringe.

>"Talking to NPCs in-game" is not a "cutscene", you literal retard.

Except you never talk to NPCs in Shit Life games, thanks for playing.

>Half Life's lack of cutscenes is a defining feature of the game.

Why are you fags so in denial?

Check the thread first before posting.

Why compare the two? it's like if i started shitting on quake for not being system shock.

>Hey I don't call them that
Then why do you call them that

>This is literally the phrase used by the developers at Looking Glass Studios back in the 90s.

Looking Glass Studios didn't make Deus Ex, despite popular zoomer beliefs about games they never played.

You could do that, but you'd be wrong

SS1 is a shitty fps while Deus Ex is a good FPS

Brain problems

>Deus Ex is a good FPS
WHAT

>Except you never talk to NPCs in Shit Life games
Bro, come on. You're not supposed to post factually wrong things, you're supposed to avoid making an actual point and call everyone else a fag! Now all this effort you put into your bait went to waste.

>SS1 is a shitty fps
well yeah it's more of a first person point n click or "immersive sim"
>Deus Ex is a good FPS
now I know you're baiting

It's literally made in Unreal Engine 1 and when you're max level, it's pretty god tier as an FPS with its power ups and how loose you can start playing

>You're not supposed to post factually wrong things,

When does Gordon talk to the characters?

Half Life is just dreadful, I'd rather replay Goldeneye for the millionth time than suffer through HL even once.
Deus Ex on the other hand is an impressive game, even though the original release is janky as fuck, to me it never feels like I did things as intended and just got a lucky streak of bugs, glitches and AI weirdness that allowed me to finish, the game seems like it's about to crash at any second too due to all the jankyness going on. I played the GDMX mod and it was more tolerable but it was still ridden with bugs and other weird shit, such as enemies discovering me through walls or from a million miles away, but this was at least 5 years ago. Are there other mods that modernize it a bit and make it less janky nowadays?

>Check the thread first before posting.
I did. Nobody is making that argument.
It actually just looks like everybody is calling you retarded.

>It's literally made in Unreal Engine 1
Just because it's made in the Unreal engine doesn't make it Unreal. Btw do you like Unreal?

>Looking Glass Studios didn't make Deus Ex

nigga are you retarded

one of them has amazing gameplay and the other one has a deep story
next retarded argument please

Attached: jesus message.jpg (500x562, 90K)

Are you?

Attached: SexwithDudes.png (953x953, 1.25M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Storm#Deus_Ex

>Looking Glass Studios didn't make Deus Ex

confirmed for autism

how is it possible to be this stupid?

deus ex is gay boomer shit xDDD