Why is Dragon Quest Builders 2 so good?

Why is Dragon Quest Builders 2 so good?

Attached: 4D577706-A1D0-40EF-B7F2-FF706938A5DA.jpg (1400x1400, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimm.net/?p=vault
youtube.com/watch?v=Ojl7LOVQv5E
youtu.be/kSumNIzW52Q
youtube.com/watch?v=R5rfbmj9RuE
youtube.com/watch?v=Bb5uCMlGlxs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does it let me take his clothes off?

>You can watch all the girls take shits.

Attached: 1562848159493.jpg (400x400, 12K)

really comfy, great game to fill the void untill Animal Crossing

Building is fun
DQ is fun and cute.
Controls are surprisingly good.

It has what I was missing in Minecraft: direction.

yes, but why would you want to that, user

Attached: DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2_20190713004415.jpg (1920x1080, 419K)

Because Malroth is a fun character and he follows you around and helps

>Britney is a GAL
my dick is now diamonds

Oh it's out now?

Does it have multiple towns/islands with different themes like DQB? Everybody seemed to hate that except me.

Redpill me on this game. Is there a story or something?

Yes
The cult of Hargon got its asses kicked and are trying to re-establish themselves on a small chain of islands
You, an apprentice builder, are a prisoner of a crew of these cultists. The ship you are on crash lands and blah blah blah you have to save the islands from the bad guys by rebuilding the once-great nations that existed on the five islands. You are helped by an amnesiac Vegeta and a bunch of other guys like a worm man and other things

Because I love shota
NOW TAKE IT OFF

Should I play the first one?

wat?

Nah it’s not that important
All you need to know about the first one is that it’s set after the bad ending of DQ1 in a world where the Dragonlord cursed all of humanity to be unable to create anything

no, it's good but this one is better

It's an important process.

>super saiyan god super saiyan green

I wanna get it, but my PS4 legit is so fucking loud I hate turning it on, and the Switch seems to have framerate options. I would prefer to get it on my Switch, but I'm not convinced it's worth it.

Any switch lads around to give me feedback?

>meet someone at the tower of wheats and shit
>she wants a stick
>I give her a sword instead
>she still wants a stick
>I give her the stick
>while we're fighting an army of ants I give her the sword
>we beat the bitches and she thanks her STICK instead of the sword she has right now

You raggedy ass bitch, what's so good about that god damn stick?

If you main goal is to build really HUGE cities, switch version is not the best.
Otherwise if you plan to just play through the game casually switch is fine, i play the game in handheld and am now in the mining island and have never been bothered with the framerate.

Can't beat the stick man. Nope. Not the stick.

The stick is better for masturbating with

So if you build really big city is the frame rate is going to go to shit?

>water puzzle

Attached: 1546022485307.jpg (540x443, 29K)

How many shrines are on the first island? Can I view my progress somewhere?

Are you guys on the desert island yet? I just built the room for the girl, but nothing happened. The guy that told me to build it says I need a lady's sign, which wasn't on the schematics and I can't make one either.

You mean the ones that give you mini-medals? I don't think they show anywhere, they're supposed to be secret extra stuff.

How's the multiplayer?

Babs bedroom? It uses a normal name plate.

I can't write on it, though. Is it because I built it next to the town bell or something?

WHERE'S the multiplayer?

Is it longer than game 1?

I don't see why that would affect anything. It needs to be a room before you can write on it, you do have a door and 2+ block walls right?

You need to beat the first island and build an entire river to unlock it.

3 or 4 iirc. They pop up on your map when you get anywhere near them. Doesn't matter much, the bulk of your medals come from Isle of Awakening stuff.

Yeah, the game recognizes it as a room, but the thing is greyed out and I get the "signs do not work outside of rooms or outside of town" message. I guess it's because I kinda dig into the wall to make room for it? I guess I'll try to rebuild it somewhere else.

Put it inside the room dummy.

Because it improves on the original in almost every way. Not having an easy way to see the edge of your base and still having a hunger meter kinda sucks but those are my only real complaints.

I obviously did. Ok, I figured it out, the problem is that I dig into the wall so it was partially out of town, so now you know in case it happens to somebody else. I wish the game told you where the border of the town is visually like in the first game, now you have to rely on where the music changes to tell.

>MISSING 20 CROPS FOR THE FINAL MISSION
HOW THE FUCK DO I GET MORE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Some of the monsters drop various seeds.
I know that an orc off the coast near the bog gives you sugarcane seeds if you kill him, and another one somewhere drops tomato seeds. Ants drop a shit load of wheat seeds and attack in the farm in a large horde. Not sure where to get more pumpkin seeds though, but just try murdering monsters in the church/graveyard area if you can find any.

You mean in the first island? You ran out of seeds? Fucking how?

>Put a shitload of effort into making the farm look fantastic.
>Go the extra mile and nab the hidden clean water with the pot
>Kick back and relax in my plantation house as the NPCs slave away in the fields
Something about the fact that building shit actually has a purpose makes it extra fun. Sure, building a bathroom in Minecraft is cool but something about making it functional and seeing an NPC use it is just weirdly satisfying.

Fight enemies.

How do you guys mark the edge of your town so you don't build something too far?

>Make that poison weapon
>Decide to fight the big crab now that I had better gear
>Got lucky and killed it in 1 hit

Dead nigger pile

wtf lol

Do I need to play DQB1 before this? Is it necessary?

Can you play as Veronica?

Attached: dqxi-veronica-katzenkostuem-catsuit-ffdojo.png (840x876, 1.13M)

nah, unless you want a useless hat/haircut otherwise is unnecessary

Does cooking ever get better? This "wait while you cook one thing at a time" isn't very entertaining

>try switch demo
>framerate is so bad i actively dread making a town in it
No PC release either.

Beat the farm and currently it's still shit. I don't understand why they acknowledged and changed it so you can craft more than 1 item at a time and then make cooking even slower.

I love the fact that later after advancing and leveling up the towns they're self-sustenance enough that you barely need to manage things for them to work. It rewards you in way that makes you really feel that you progressed on the game.

The villagers cook for you later on if you put fireplaces in a room and a chest and put ingredients in the chest.

not as far as im in but you can atleast have people do it for you

>that part in the mine town where you get to ride the golem to punch walls in the mine and you can alsopunch a dragon to death.

Holy shit, this game is so much fun.

>You can create a black character in DQ supposed to be full of whites
SJW got their way with japan it seems

I can't wait to get this for Switch, lunch breaks at work will be MAX comfy.

?

Attached: 1562532061519.png (1000x1000, 1.06M)

No, but you get another cute little girl in the first town.

Is it still in chapters where they take away everything? Enjoyed the first game but by 3rd Chapter (Kol?) I just kind of gotten tired of having to start over and gather all my materials to rebuild a new town.

any Britney fan art yet?

Nope, this time you can revisit islands as much as you want and you keep all your materials.

Only for going to new islands. When you go back to the starting island you keep everything.
Just heading to the second island right now and got told to leave everything behind.

thank christ. I'd prefer it all be on one large landmass but this is good enough. I can navglobe tele between them at will?

That kind of sucks. Gathering is fine at the start but having to keep doing it from the start was something that stopped me.

On a plus side the main island can get infinite resources by exploring smaller islands (you keep your shit for these) and checking off items from a check list. Shit like find these blocks, these trees, these crops,these grass.
Seems you get 2 infinite resources per island the first 2 being wood and dried grass.

How do I share my screenshot in social media?

Guess that helps out. It's just odd leaving one town and the game going "well now you are with nothing good fucking luck"

Guess having the evil boy with you is massively helpful with gathering.

>Just reaches the second island
Holy fucking shit this framerate already. Why couldn't they just put this on the fucking PC too?

what platform

because nobody bought DQ11 on pc

Switch. PS4 is hacked so that was a no go.

seems pretty good to me

Attached: file.png (375x472, 61K)

No.

>Every island gets infinite resources if you unlock them
Oh thank fuck.

is the combat real time or turn based like the JRPGs, and once you beat everything is there something like a "endless" or sandbox mode?

Attached: 1455638281333.gif (304x376, 1.33M)

Do you get all the cute characters in the final unlock mode? Sad as fuck she was only in level 1.

How is it as someones first entry into DQ?
I was planning on getting DQ11 switch but this seems fun, if it's not a great start, which one should I pick up?

Real time. The combat is basically hack and slash. Hell, KoeiTecmo helped them make the game. You unlock the sandbox mode right after beating the first island and then you unlock more things for that as you complete other islands.

Fpbp... but you wouldn't get the poor lad all dusty and sweaty while wearing the bare minimum, would you?

>It's just odd leaving one town and the game going "well now you are with nothing good fucking luck"

It's only the first time you go to a "story" island, once you complete the chapter you can go back to them with all your materials.

This isn't a Dragon Quest game. Other games are adventure RPGs, this is a minecraft-clone with a story. It's a fun game, but it's nothing like the actual Dragon Quest games.

Attached: 1562027622430.jpg (3376x1440, 3.14M)

Still weird they do it

Is there a playable girl character and if so, how does she look like

Well, it's a spinoff, so the story and character interactions aren't as elaborate as in the main series and of course the gameplay is completely different. Still, I started the series with the first Builders game and later on I moved onto the main JRPGs, I say it's a great way to get introduced to the unique general tone, humor, music, types of characters and monsters and recurring thees of the series,so go ahead and give it a go.

Not him, but may as well ask now. Should I go with Heroes on the Switch or the PS4? I'm more interested in content than in framerates or whatnot, so as long as it's not too bad should I go with the Switch version?

yes, i made mine mine a chocolate cutie with blue eyes.

This game ruined my fucking joycon

AAAAGHHHHHH

Heroes is a spin off aswell, unless you like musou games i wouldn't bother.

You can customize them, but this is the default look of the MCs.

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_DragonQuestBuilders2_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 434K)

>How is it as someones first entry into DQ?
It's boring shit like all DQ games.

Yes, I know, and I do, thanks, I just never got around to play them because of time issues. So which one?

PC

Is combat less of a clusterfuck than it was in DQB 1?

I work on a PC all day, so I hate to play anything on it.

The problem with IP Musou game are they are pure fan service games. If you don't really know the IP a lot of the enjoyment will be gone. If you played Hyrule Warrior and only knowing Link and Zelda would make the game feel less fun.

you don't get damage from bumping into foes this time, otherwise it's still very simplistic.

because it's not playstation exclusive. everything suddenly becomes good on Yea Forums when it's not playstation exclusive.

I've played the first 4 games so far. I'll probably beat the rest of the series by the end of the year, so I'm just asking in advance.

>made the toilet
>Rosie immediately runs in and starts taking a shit right in front of my character
>game then tells me to take it straight from the bowl
>you can literally do it
Someone's fetish was definitely put in this, that was fucking disturbing.

>seething fanboy overzealous with brand loyalty
Listen, it's not our fault your favorite company completely abandoned their console 2 whole years before even showing the next one, you know?

Than yeah play Heroes or 2 both are semi different but both offer enjoyable Musou gameplay. I don't think there's any exclusives for Switch so PS4 is a good version if you have both options.

You use it as fertilizer. It's more of a joke.

I'll go with that one then, thanks.

I found 10 on the first island
reasonably sure that's all of them, I uncovered every corner of the map

CUTE
U
T
E

Continuing this dude's question; is DQ11 a good entry point? Are the stories connected to each other or are they separated like Final Fantasy?

It kills me it wasn't multiplayer off the hop and working on quests together with a friend.

Otherwise very fun. My town looks like garbage however but just so i can get through the main story.

Looks like it's no connected, bar a couple. 11 seems to be a good jump in

Which console are you playing this on and why should it be PS4?

That's my main gripe too, I really want to quest together with a friend and build our villages together through the campaign, since we each have drastically different design ideas.
I just revamped the fuck out of my base, it's looking pretty sweet now. Just about to finish the first chapter.

Haven't started this one yet but I still remember in the first one:

>finally build a house
>build some beds for me and the girl
>heh ain't that sweet our beds are close to each other
>rescue some shmuck and now he's gonna live in the "town" or something
>but wait where the hell is he going to live
>whatever, gotta do some shit late
>come back home
>see the fat fuck sleeping right next to her
>IN MY BED

Attached: 1473175835482.png (480x368, 244K)

J just finished 2nd island
this is the one of the most fun game I ever played

>playing on 2nd island
>game requires you to build a gay bar
>no more space to build for Babs' room
>build it on top of bar
>silver ore found
>another fucking enormous gay bar

At least the golem was fun

Attached: 1556739781705.jpg (528x326, 57K)

Well I'm glad to know to not build on top of the bar now.

True

This whole game is tedious as fuck but it's so much fun, this is definitely my GOTY

Nah there is a whole area for their night club, don't worry about it. It's just stupid that the starting area for 2nd island is very small, not to mention, you can't build past 10 blocks high on your base or else it's outside territory.

So how does multiplayer work?

I would like to know as well since the game somehow can't fucking find an island to play on. Fuck Nintendo Online

They should have brought back Barbells as the girl of 2nd island

Attached: barbella.png_large.png (292x693, 260K)

switch version or ps4 version?

PS4 version
If you don't have a PS4 then just get a Switch. This should not be a question

How high should I build my roof so the camera doesn't derp out any time I get in a building?

Can I change this hairstyle? This super saiyan is nice but I'm tired of looking at it

she's in fishing DLC I think

6-7 blocks high. 5 blocks already suffice but 6-7 should be better but it's a waste of material and it's aesthetically ugly

You can watch them take shits then collect their shit

They should bring back my bro Glutimus too.
>appears in DQB1's final boss fight to give me a pair of dumbbells, a decoration item with absolutely no use in the fight
The lad means well

Switch so you can get it for free

You can get hats and shit, but the hair never changes

Considering the weapon and the hammer aren't on the same button anymore, can you still do a spin attack with the hammer to destroy blocks in a huge radius around you like in the first game ?

One of the best things is the ranking system. Even now I'm still seeing new stuff being created, just visited an island with this.

I'm also seeing a bunch of new posts in English so I assume both sides will merge?

Attached: PS Communities_20190714_215814.jpg (3840x2160, 899K)

For now all I've seen is allowing you to smash blocks in front of you. If you aim up I think it'll do like 3x3 not sure how deep though maybe a 3x3x3?

I'm gonna miss out on the threads. Just like with DQB1. Don't just die off in a month, faggots.

Yeah I'll have to wait until next month too. So hopefully it will still be alive by then.

I'm hoping it's a later game unlock. Currently I can only break 3x3x1 size block groups at once.

It's 3x3x3. You just need to be a few levels lower than you think.

how do people even build that stuff

Patience and autism.

>priest has a little garden with a irrigation system at his house
>managed to grow one cabbage
He was a good boy

You can have villagers do it and you can start using recipes with multiple items on the mining island

>have to make a path of water
>doesn't reach
>keep putting blocks down under the water to raise the water level so it reaches farther
It's so stupid and time consuming, especially when another puzzle like right near it just has you put a dirt block in a hole

obviously, but how do they even plan it?

How do you get bark? I tried breaking down one of those big trees and it took forever.

Excel? Just color in the blocks?

>Bab and a bunch of muscle dudes
Dude lmao

Attached: dUZfzdt.gif (200x260, 3.86M)

XI is a perfect place to start.

holy fuck you get a plane?

i never really liked dragonquest but is this game actually fun? what do you even do? think the last game i played with this dbz arstyle was blue dragon.

Dob't need to like DQ to like this. I tried DQ11 and dropped it a good few hours in but Builders 1 I liked and I'm enjoying 2.

It's minecraft with a DQ storyline and also the NPCs are very proactive and will handle farming and cooking and some other stuff. There's also much better combat, gliding and a bunch of other small features.
If you hate minecraft and DQ don't buy it, otherwise the chance you'll like it is reasonably high.

imagine minecraft
now imagine a story mode on top of the free build mode
now imagine akira toriyama's cheery art style on top

that's dragon quest builders

so is it kinda like stardew valley/ harvest moon a bit?
kinda want a chill game but ill have to watch more footage to want to dump 50-60 bucks. and i forgot my wifi password on my switch

>pic
japanese autists are at it huh
mspaint

>akira toriyama's cheery art style
>Chapter 2 of Builders 1
YOU CAN'T FOOL ME
THE CUTE ART CAN'T HIDE THE DEATH AND THE SUFFERING AND THE PAIN

Why is Veronica flashing her lower jaw teeth?

Attached: 1505651986207 (1).jpg (640x640, 29K)

Sure, especially the first story island which is all about farming. There's no time limits/speed run achievements this time around so you can kick back and build to your little utopian heart's content.

Never played a DQ, let a lone a builders, but from what I've seen I know i'd like DQB2, but what's the multiplayer stuff like? Anything truly co-op, or is it just sandbox stuff with no defined goal?

There's a lot less dead people in 2. Well, except for that beach you wash up on, it's pretty corpsey.

Just sandbox stuff. You can invite people to your sandbox island and they can build things with you.

It's easy if you have the pic, there are many tools online to help you convert it into pixels. From there it's just cut and paste.

interesting
i might be autistic enough to buy the game and build random pixel images

Attached: file.png (610x343, 277K)

It's a pretty fun game with just the base campaign stuff as is, you can go full autist in both that and the sandbox mode.

Help I've spent 5 hours just fucking around on the Island of Awakening building the Green Meadows area and I'm not even halfway done with the builder goals

>not just going into first person mode to go into your tiny toilet factory to steal villager scat

>get infinite wood and dry grass
>oh fuck yeah I'll make 9999 wooden floor blocks
>and 9999 wooden everything
>look at inventory
>each item takes up 10 spaces of 999 each
>had to delete most of them because it was annoying

It's going to be funnier later on when she gives you a side quest to give her a sword.

Just use the pot and drop water in the hole lmao

Enjoy your 10 fps later on.

After trying the puzzle for ten minutes I abandoned it, got the pot later, and thought, "Oh, this is the actual solution then?"

It's not even a hard puzzle without the pot, you just have to create a path for the water and go down a level each time it starts to run out until you guide it into the goal.

I just bought this game what am I in for?

Yeah, but I guess I have the dumb.

one thousand hours of autistic block building

Attached: DQ3.png (976x2544, 728K)

If it makes you feel any better I couldn't figure out the slime pixel art puzzle until after I went and hunted down a fuck ton of rocky sand and put down every block on top of the underwater ones before I figured out what to do

Where do you find the 3rd set of seeds for the magic tree? I can't seem to find them.

I’m the OP of this thread and I made it after powering through five hours or nonstop playing until four AM. It’s just such a huge time sink (in a good way). Happy to see the thread still around.

And you'll fucking like it too.

damn i forgot how good that game looked

Teleport to the swamp area and talk to the rat and he'll tell you what direction to go. You'll find a big ol' peak you can climb up to and glide off of, you'll have to wade through a bit of shallow ocean to get to it.

Do I need a special item to do the water puzzle by Fat Rat Rise? I can't get the water to reach the reservoir I need it to

Just build a path for the water to flow through. Each time it starts to run out, go down a level and it will flow more.
Alternatively, wait until you get the water pot item and just fill that way like a cheap whore

that fucking character design on the boy holy shit.
I legit would have straight up skipped this game if you couldnt play as the twintail cutie

He's just not-Goku, what's so wrong with that?

Just finished it a few days ago. Playing the DQ4 NES version right now

Attached: DQ3 SNES.jpg (1280x1184, 69K)

They both look the same besides the hair though. I ditched that ugly cowboy shit as soon as I got a different set of armor.

Does this game have split screen coop? If it does I’m interested in buying it.

No, you take a ship. I just want to make sure you got this but you start every island new by leaving your material in a knapsack at the beginning, once you beat the island, you can leave and take anything from that island whenever you want. Every island is square one, so you don't cheat.

do you have other characters dancing?

my wife is being a huge bitch about me playing this game
she says its too boring for her to watch and doesnt want me to play it
i dont have money issues so im thinking about just buying a copy of the game on the switch and just cutting my losses about the preorder bonuses from the ps4 version i already have
im only about as far as building my first kitchen room so i dont think im that far into the game for it to really matter

Never played a DQ game.
What game should I start with? and what version since I see there are multiple versions for some even 5+

Attached: 1547854327579.png (764x308, 246K)

>Barbella
>Barbell
Mfw.

Attached: 1562958765594.jpg (640x427, 42K)

anyone got that massive torrent of all the DQ games? i want to start 4 but i cant find the mobile package

Here

vimm.net/?p=vault

has the DS versions

thank

>you can shit in the game
Hot.

i wish this shit was on pc. i do not feel like playing this shit on ps4 or switch

are the android and DS versions similar in terms of visuals?

How do you play multiplayer?

Lazy programming like this annoys the fuck out of me. There was no end to it in DQB1

Holy shit.

Is the multiplayer very active on ps4? Also how does it work is their a server browser or do you just randomly connect to one?

so dusted off my switch just in case i wanted to get this. i'm assuming it runs better on ps4?

yes

its not terrible on switch at least? i like the idea of playing this as a handheld chillin in bed or something. maybe i should play the first one since its dirt cheap on amazon

dont have first hand experience with it but heard it drops below 20 fps and gets worse the more you progress/the bigger the towns get

why did Toriyama stop doing the art after Dragon Quest VI?

Different user. I do, but most of the filesizes are too large.

Attached: Boogie2.gif (468x530, 3.16M)

What's wrong with it? He looks great.

Should I get this if minecraft bored me

If I wanted some gay image I would go to the DQ general.

I think I might get this game it seems pretty cool even though I only played DQXI. I'm probably gonna wait for it to go down in price though.

if you dont want to read what are you doing here? no one's going to record a voocaroo mp3 with the info you need retard

Life in Khrumbul-Dun is hard.

Attached: D_dCKlTUwAE0GI_.jpg (1280x720, 209K)

I tried to play minecraft once or twice, it really isn't my jam.
DQB is much more focused and a lot better at giving you directions.
To be honest i didn't enjoyed DBQ1 that much but this one i can't put it down, it really is an improvement and way more fun.

For the ranking board some of the posts have the actual island and you can visit it any time. It's not multiplayer. You access this via the board that you'll see pretty early, can't remember if you visit right away.

For actual multiplayer you can invite up to 3 players to come to your island and build things together in the main island. Or you can visit someone's main island if they invited you (I think). Something like that, haven't tried it myself. For this one I think you need to clear the second island, somewhere around there.

I'm not sure if there's such a thing as opening a server or searching for one.

The way blocks look as you lift them is really janky.
I don't know why the engine seems to be clunkier this game. Like every block is missing half its frames during states of transition.
The first game didn't do this. Its weird.

What is the easiest way of figuring out town boundaries so I can fence it in?

Music change.

>down by the ole glory hole

Is there a Dave variant of the musclemen in the game? This is important.

>find normal water in underground spring
yesssssssssssssss

Attached: dance with the devil.webm (1147x480, 663K)

Attached: Crool.gif (327x322, 3.08M)

Attached: Dragon Quest XI Echoes of an Elusive Age Screenshot 2018.10.15 - 18.29.43.40.jpg (3840x2160, 2.23M)

Attached: Italiananano.gif (336x360, 3.24M)

Both DQB 1 and 2 have demos, beefy ones at that. If you're wondering if you should buy it, just try them, they answer a lot of your questions too.

I really thought there would be a thing with a lil devil turning into a human with this guy but nope, just a normal goofy looking dude.

Attached: 742120_20180922040723_2.png (1280x720, 2.47M)

Attached: Hood.gif (327x322, 1.69M)

The first one is an AU where at the end of the first DQ, the protagonist teamed up with the antagonist in exchange for half the world. The antagonist screwed him over, took the whole world, and made humanity forget how to build to keep them simple so that there wouldn't be any strife. You're the last one who's capable of building, so your goal is to undo what DQ's antagonist did and get humans building again.

>Bunny suit loli

Alternatively just stop being a cuck.

Thanks you.

An NPC tells you that if you keep harvesting, the seed will eventually exhaust, which reduces your count.

You kept harvesting like an idiot, didn't you?

How do you figure the edge of what's considered your "town" in this game? I know in the first you had the flag that outlines it to you but I need to build a wall to keep the monsters out and I can't seem to find an indicator.

I played it on my switch in handheld only, I don’t see any problems other than maybe if you are particularly impatient you might find the loading time to be a little long. But that’s just me, I don’t give a fuck about small framerate differences.

The music will change and Maldong or whatever will warp to you

I got it on Switch because even if I got it on my PS4 I wouldn't play it because that just seems to be what happens when I get PS4 games. I spent all day yesterday playing it docked and it started getting slow down once my town got bigger and I started adding a bunch of torches. I would way rather play this on PC but it's not on PC so I got it on Switch. The slowdown is not like a jittery lag but more like actually going into slow motion. It's noticeable but really not bad and as someone that plays games at 1440p 144fps on my pc it really didn't bother me much because of how smooth it feels. I haven't made any huge cities or anything so it might get worse but so far I'm not disappointed in my purchase. Also enemies and NPCs don't really seem to slow the game down even when there are a ton of them on screen. It mostly seems to be lighting and amount of player placed blocks. If you are really worried about it then get the PS4 version but it's nowhere near as bad as I've seen people make it out to be and I'd be absolutely trashing the switch version if it was.

Oh sweet, thanks user

What’s up, best friend?

Attached: 81071569-B5EE-4949-A36F-6258A5CF85EC.png (500x555, 392K)

uhhhh is it only me or the dialogue is missing in chapter 2

Alright Yea Forums redpill me on Dragon Quest Builders 2.

Yes I've seen the Japanese Twitter comparison where the Switch version chugs. However, Forbes' review says the international release was tweaked to have better performance than Japan.

I have both a PS4 Pro and Switch. Portability is HUGELY important for me, especially for long games like this one, but not at the cost of it running at 20fps for 80% of the game.

What should I do?

Attached: images (9).jpg (225x225, 5K)

Where the fuck do I find cabbage seeds on the second Island?
I can find tomato, sugarcane, pumpkin and wheat but not those.

Dark Cloud 3 never ever.

cabbage are literally first than Tomato, how the hell do you manage to fuck that up?

Buy the PS4 version and pirate the Switch version

How many mini medals are on the second island? I managed to defeat the baboon with 9

user, words hurt you know.

No, I still have cabbages, I completed the story of the island.
But if I want more seeds in the future, where do I find these?

It runs at 30fps pretty all of the time.
It only reaches 60 when you look up at the sky

they usually drop from monsters. or just bring your doggo with you he will sniff for it

Anyone tried the water transparency and glass positioning options? do they impact the framerate?
i have them off just to be sure buf if there's no impact whatsoever i might turn them on.

I absolutely can't stand Minecraft and love DQB2. The addition of lots of goals, progression systems, and a heaping helping of DQ charm does wonders for the genre.

For added context, I played DQB1 on PS4 and liked it, but only up to the completion of the first town, then dropped it.

I'm not gonna play the same game in two different places at the same time, fagola. I need to also spend my time playing other vidya.

Which monsters, though, and where on the island?
I know that I can find wheat seeds from the ants, and I know which locations have pumpkin, tomato and sugarcanne seeds, but I never managed to find a monster that drops a cabbage seed, or I simply missed it?

I have been playing it on Switch and honestly I runs fine IMO, I'm not picky on that matter.

Kill orcs, they drop it all the time.

I think they drop from big Drackys near where you found Britney

Also I found a stackable Dracky. What happens when you stack the 3 types?

Iirc the 300 gratitude adventurer's isle has cabbages.

Both versions have demos. Test them if you want. I still found that the Switch version wasn't up to snuff.

Yes, it does run a little bit better in handheld but it felt like you would need to play exclusively in handheld to have the "most optimal" experience and it just didn't seem worth it. The portability would've been a really nice option to have but mainly I wanted to play the game on my TV and the Switch can't really do that well with Builders 2 specifically. You can still stand on an empty beach doing nothing and the game will still drop below 30 fps.

ahhhhhhh why are there no girls in chapter 2

Attached: ee1.jpg (580x548, 21K)

There's at least 2

Then clearly you already made your decision retard and want the Switch version. You're only asking here cause you're too retarded to make your own decisions and need strangers on the internet to do it for you. Enjoy your sub 20 fps.

any chance of this coming to PC? i want the constant 60 fps and mouse precision and the switch version chugs a bit

Building walls sure takes a lot of shit, do resources respawn? I don't wanna spend all my wood just to find out I need to wait 6 years to grow a tree in my base like the first one.

>its lagging even on PS4 when I visit an island full of buildings

Attached: ZJAiPne.png (64x64, 7K)

I like that there are so many friendly monsters

You can unlock infinite wood on the first adventurer's isle you go to. Also you can grow your own trees since you find the rainforest area and grab some acorns. They grow real fast if you use fertilizer.

>That drowned slime washed up on the beach
F

You can unlock unlimited material for some of the stuff like wood/cord (which can be used for main story permanently). I am not sure what else you can make unlimited since you need to visit small island to unlocks more of them

Horii seems real keen on bringing Dragon Quest games to PC. I could see it happening in a few years.

The camera moving in while in the mines is really annoying.

Attached: 1558758645848.jpg (480x480, 19K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Ojl7LOVQv5E

Attached: 1359501258335.png (388x262, 148K)

Attached: 1562986683260.jpg (800x450, 28K)

I remember seeing similar stats for DQB1. Good to know it still works in Builders 2.

If you talked to him back on the ship he fucking hated humans though.

Holy shit, that's amazing.

kek nice

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 856K)

Well, he was literally a monster after all.

Oh nice thanks, at what point do I get to go to adventurer's isle? For now I'll just use some fertalizer and make a quick wall

it's minecraft but instead of useless trash no one cares about, it has characters and a story and reasons to do things
also the art is nice and bright and the general atmosphere is cozy

Builders 1 was my Switch GOTY last year, but I bought 2 on PS4 and it's been amazing so far
everything is improved and they managed to add more mechanics, items, enemies, etc.

Attached: 1546540792899.jpg (2000x2000, 2.34M)

>Love DQ
>Despise Minecraft
Is this game for me?

>Despise Minecraft
>Is this game for me?
No

>that one dude's island where every single inch of it is changed in some way
>rivers with a billion rocks, plants and other shit lagging the entire area up

I guess it looks nice but it fucking chugs

70% DQ
30% MC
Yes it's for you.

Better than the first? I got about 25 hours into the first and was so bored that I stopped.

>get secret blue fresh water from that spot on farmer island
>pour it in my town
>it's still brown muddy water
FUCK

2 is better than 1 in every single way. There's a crazy amount of more stuff and mechanics and the pre-existing stuff works better now too.

The shitty soils causes it.

Thanks user. I played the demo and it felt better but didn't know if it would hit a wall several hours in. Might pick it up soon.

How many hours do you think you can clock into this game?

ah yeah I suspected, guess I gotta get that worm to fix the dirt

I would also hold off on spending a lot of time on it. There's a quest later on that involves the pure water.

Yes it’s basically Minecraft except you have a pretty clean cut directions to rebuild everything was the builder.

>tfw idort
>Played the demo on Switch and the framerate is absolutely horrendous
>It's solid 60 on Ps4
>But I still have a voucher on Switch
>Don't wanna spend extra 60€ for the Ps4 version
FUCK

Attached: 1561042315423.jpg (694x757, 51K)

You should play both but remember play 1 1st and you’ll appreciate 2 more otherwise you’ll hate 1 for not being 2

Look buddy I ain't a fanboy and shite. I tried the demo of builders 1 and it was clunky garbage.

the second game is so much better its an entire different game, game has cute as fuck girls too

For the switch version to have issues you have to recreate the fucking Las Vegas strip.
Everything has to be ultra big dick huge everything for you to notice frame drops

>For the switch version to have issues you have to recreate the fucking Las Vegas strip.
or look at any area with a lot of that water shader visible
even the PS4 has a problem with it, suttering like hell

>tfw the notification board is global

Attached: DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2_20190712225847.jpg (1920x1080, 271K)

I got the switch version because I played 1 on switch and 8 hours later I still haven’t seen any problems

I bought 1 and it was clunky as fuck and hard to play. Demo of 2 seems so much better, thanks.

Explain to me how it's different/better than minecraft?

I honestly don’t see the problem
You have to make a retardedly big town to have issues

>Both versions have this same problem
Well then KT’s lazy fucking programming strikes yet again.

I made a comfy farm. Water feeds off to two directions, one for irrigation by the center tree, and the other for the sugar, which then feeds off into the tomato.

Attached: 20190714_101237.jpg (4032x2268, 1.85M)

It's literally sub 30 fps while just exploring the overworld. It just doesn't feel good.

You actually have tasks and directions.
It’s like Minecraft but there’s far more dragon quest shit to do like fight monsters, talk to monsters, deliver shit, boss battles, protecting your shithole of a town etc

Works fine on my machine
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

youtu.be/kSumNIzW52Q
What's the point of lying like that?

>console has screenshot button
>still makes picture with his phone
also that muddy water, replace it with clear water or enjoy your dirty disgusting tomatoes

Yeah I don’t care
I value the convenience

I was outside on my pouch swing for almost 3 hours just playing and swinging enjoying the cool summer air.
I can handle some frame drops if it means I don’t have to listen to my PS Jet engine or have to stay inside all day.

>I don’t have to listen to my PS Jet engine or have to stay inside all day.
Yeah, you just have to listen to your Switch wheeze and die while it tries to render everything in silky smooth 20 FPS.

Anyone know where the third stack dracky is I have the red one from the ant cave and the blue one from the other cave

I only remember they're all in the same area. Try a bit more south?

I don't have it, but why is Malroth a human? I thought he was a fat evil dragon god or something?

>DQB1 has a cutesy comfy vibe
>get to chapter 2
>I FEEL MAGGOTS CRAWLING UNDER MY SKIN REEEEEEEE
What the fuck, Toriyama?

I can’t believe they killed Based Pastor Al

Dragon Quest Fans, listen to me.

DO NOT LET SMASHFAGS PLAY THE DRAGON QUEST GAMES

>But why?

They had the chance to play them before Ultimate and the Hero reveal came out, none of them ever played a DQ Game in their lives and if they did, i can guarantee you they never played a DQ Game before the Vergeben leak. Now suddendly that Luminary and Erdrick are in Smash, everyone wants to play a DQ game and i will not accept that, i will not accept a friendship with the shitty Smash Bros Fandom.

Fuck Nintendo, Fuck Square Enix for letting this happend and fuck Smash Bros. I can't believe Persona fans are ok with being friends with the Smashfags.

The easiest way is watching the town level bar. After you ring the builders bell for the first time in a location, the town xp level bar will appear any time you are in town. It disappears the moment you step outside the town boundary.

But why is this a bad thing?

>make a minecraft clone
>make it console exclusive
>put octopath on PC instead

i truly do not understand square

I played DQ 9 on the DS when I was a kid and picked up DQ 11 for the Ps4 after The Hero got announced. What are you going to do about it, pussy?

I wanted Pastor Al to join my island so bad!

You don't want your favorite franchise to get the recognition it deserves? You sound like an absolute fuckin piece of shit

I should have bought PS4 ver but I'm already in Moonbrooke.

Pastor Al molested Rosie

can someone please fucking tell me how to wear the geeky specs, bow, etc you get as rewards from the mini medals? Game casually mentions some wardrobe shit and then never expands on it again,

youtube.com/watch?v=R5rfbmj9RuE

Attached: 1520065191402.png (274x258, 46K)

No really, wat?

I'm a bit short on cash right now but once I'm more liquid should I get this? Is the switch version functional or will it slow down like hell once I've got a big town? How long is the game, is there a rough estimate of how many I hours I should expect to put into it?

I see I wasn't the only one captivated by this abomination
Also is anyone else randomly getting IP range banned due to "abuse"?

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 3.42M)

Considering picking this up On switch because it's comfy, is it actually good? Whats the general gameplay loop like, how bad do the framerates get?

You probably have some rampant retard in your area. I recommend using the Repel spell to get him away from you to avoid being range banned.

I wanted him to be the mayor

Do you carry over the progress you made in the beta version to the full version?

Play the demo version on the Switch.

I personally found the framerate drops to be tolerable. Even if they dip below 30 they weren't horrendous or jittery and didn't interfere with gameplay. It's an entirely tolerable and smooth framerate drop if that makes any sense.

The framerates always take a dive when there's any water on screen though. I guess Square Enix wanted to maintain visual parity between the Switch and the PS4 for the sake of their snapshot and creation sharing community.

I played the demo a bit and I kinda like what I've done so far, but I hate how the MC looks. He's like a little goku gremlin

Is the multiplayer mode just building stuff? Are there enemies and can you go and fight stuff, or do you just build stuff like some kind of autistic minecraft server?

Play as girl then
It doesn't affect anything in the story

Killer Panther is too OP holy shit
I want to take him story island so bad

Was that blue haired kid as gay in the Japanese version? He was very gay in the chapter you meet him in but now he keeps sending me letters about how he's gonna become a dancing girl.
This is the same kid that asked me to build a shower with windows for the muscle men.

>Swapped to copper sword
>Now miss those random 1 hit kill from the poison sword

all the DLC accessible now? some dude on /dqg/ said he got access to aquarium island already

you can skip the tutorial if you play the demo, but u can't carry anything over

It is for pirates. I have the full set already, not sure how it was accessed so early but I'm not complaining.

nah this dude is not pirate, he bought the DLC and was surprised he got to get to fishing island already
i check gamefaqs and there is a thread saying they also get to fishing island
i suspect it is because we got the day 1 patch that unlock the dlc which the jap got way way later

>tfw when the residents of the first town start building the tree by themselves, and they even gathered the resources

Attached: B3531B23-B4BC-49EB-B2BB-4D0E9A6CCC08.png (1266x680, 805K)

I'm almost done with the story and I still can't stop thinking about the gold rush chapter. Super bummed you couldn't save this guy and bring him back to your island.

Attached: gold golem.jpg (223x226, 9K)

>6 hours into a chapter
>people still want me to make them blueprints and dirt is a requirement
I hate these third worlders and their mudhuts.

>Get to this part
>Think ohh fuck I gotta build THIS?
>I was wrong
I fucking loved that part.

Personally I always used dirt to layout the basic shape even with my own buildings and then used cladding to change it.

You need a wardrobe to change your appearance, not sure if you can unlock it with gratitude but I know you can build them on the mining island since you need done for Babs' room.

literally what is wrong with goku look? fucking faggot fuck you. you're the reason we got gay trunks in DQ11

You can invite people to your sandbox island to build things with you. There are monsters there but nothing serious.

Goku is fine. The DQB2 guy just looks like a terrible gremlin creature with goku's face.
Also Toriyama is a hack

Toriyama hasn't worked on Dragon Quest since DQ8

Because that stick is LIT, bruh!

That's mostly an artifact of DQB's extra deformed art style and the fact that the builder's a bit of a gormless idiot that's just constantly grinning as long as he can build.

I'm trying to make my kitchen right now for this lady and I can't get the room to work. Is it because I'm trying to make the walls 3 tiles high?

Its probably not within the bounds of your base
Listen for the music change

That is so dumb

BASED. Senpai did that.

Double checking it, I have music inside and directly around the perimeter. I have the floor dug in 1 row so I have stairs leading down. The walls are all 3 blocks high. I have a door at the top of the stairs. Otherwise everything is in order and still not getting credit. I'm using castle walls that I found in a puzzle area too, would that fuck it up?

is it the correct size? some of them want the exact size, not just any kitchen

I actually can't even get it to say it's a room for some reason

>Just now realized pressing minus/select will tell you the size of the room you're in

This sounds like it should work. I had my kitchen next to a diner and the diner had stairs leading directly up outside without a door leading to the bathroom.

How the fuck are you finding this kind of stuff

I kind of figured it out it was destined to die, like how they did to the 1st island.

How does this game play compared to regular DQs?

It's like if Dragon Quest and Minecraft and Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon had a weird orgy baby

Like salty milk and coins

By not being an EOP. By following Japanese Twitter accounts that post Dragon Quest stuff.

Meh, I figured it out. There was one spot that was out of the boundaries but it came into the town so it was throwing me off.

is there any RPG progress?

Will DQ Builders 2 sell at least a million copies?

Yeah you level up your character, but there's a level cap that gets raised as you progress the story. You also level up your "Base" with villager's happy points that they poop out

In the West? It might with the push Dragon Quest is getting due to Smash. DQXI already sold really well here and this was before it will be available on the Switch.

Was too lazy to upload the screenshot plus the photo gives it a better mouthfeel.
Didn't think I could have swapped out the dirty water there with the clean water, as it was flowing from the initial dirty water spigot mountain bit.

Dragon Quest isn't even that popular in the West

You're right, Dragon Quest isn't popular in the West, but I bet Smash will be a better marketing tool than Squeenix's own marketing department at pushing Dragon Quest in the West.

think it unlocks after beating the first story island

I kinda miss DQB1's builder perpetual frown, and his snark when talking to people.

Yeah no, Bayonetta 2 did very poorly despite being in Smash.

I'm fine with people who come in counter-current, especially if it means that Squenix pays attention to us and gives us X.

Attached: Counter current.png (704x400, 295K)

'Cause Smash fans hated how dominate Bayonetta was in Sm4sh. Add the fact Bayonetta 2 came out initially on the failed Wii U and it's no wonder it didn't sell.

>Persona 5 gets revealed
>Smashtards spam Persona 3 instead
>calls demons 'personas'

Yeah fuck Smash

Did you put a light source in it?

fun fact : bayo2 sold more on switch than on wii u

If PSO2 can come out in English 8 years after it's Japanese release. There may still be some very small sliver of hope for a DQX Western release.

I'm still legitimately not over the fact that they re-invented a bunch of terms to describe fighting game mechanics.
>They call recovery frames "Ending lag"
Like what the actual fuck?

How much does spelunking play a role in this game? I love digging, how deep can I dig and is it fun?

They call pressing the attack button 'pow pow pressies' and Duck Hunt 'chicken with a chaffed tail'

youtube.com/watch?v=Bb5uCMlGlxs

Attached: 1339403949765.png (398x286, 80K)

Calling casual matches "friendlies" is the one that gets me the most.

So wait, the events of the first game aren't canon? I get that the original Hero of DQ1 wouldn't have gotten with the princess, but couldn't the builder have fucked her to make the Princes and Princess that kill Hargon?

Calling Smash Bros. "slashies and punchies" gets me too

>loli
Isn't your character a teen?

I watched a bit of a Switch video for it. No fucking thank you. I wanted a video, not a powerpoint presentation. Honestly like 12fps.

Why is Square so autistic about letting the Heroes be depicted in other games? They forced the DQ1 Hero to become a reskin of the Hood monsters in Builders 1, even though they fucking made the game.

>DQ1
Hey, I bought that game on my phone. It's a bit difficult ot play. I'm used to regular emulation.

It hardly runs that fucking slowly.

Can someone redpill me on the dog?
>Is it a boy or a girl? Malroth keeps referring to it as "her", but I want to make sure before I name it.
>Can I rename the dog later?
>Is there a "default" name for the dog?
>What is the "secret" thing the dog does later in the game with the mirror? This is important for what I want to name it.
>Do I get more pets later? Can I rename or release those as well?

I can't find it but I think this term originated from the manual or website of smash 64, where one of the tips mentioned z-cancelling a technique to cancel your landing lag. I may be remembering.

Name the dog Moonbrooke, trust me

I named my dog "Sneed" because it finds seeds
I found some chickens and dogs on the adventure islands and brought them back to the Isle of Awakening but I don't think you can name any of them and your farm island seed dog stays on that island

Far as I can tell, everyone calls it a girl, so just give it a girly name or whatever you like. Don't think you can rename it, just like how I think you're character appearance is set unlike the original which allowed you to change it in the main menu.

You're me, and I'm you.

What, is it her in a transformed state?

Attached: Dragon Quest wtf 4.jpg (900x1259, 470K)

The second I buy this for PS4 the PC version will be announced

That's what you get for not making the signs, fucker.

Attached: Maya sexy.jpg (1000x710, 215K)

No, but it would be appropriate considering you're playing a sequel to Dragon Quest 2.

Attached: 1543541912172.jpg (600x678, 154K)

If the original still isn't on PC even though the game's like 5 years old, what chances are it and the sequel ending up on there?

no you can build a mirror and change looks and gender

So Malroth is the reincarnation of the big bad? Or just has amnesia and doesn't remember being the big bad?

I like the little parts where he tries to build but fails because he can only destroy

Still odd it's unconnected to Builders 1, seemed like they were setting up its own universe what with the expanded take on the bad ending of the original. Of course, I guess it would have been difficult to make work if they were to do a Builders game set during DQ3, as that was a prequel and thus wouldn't have affected anything.

I was actually considering looking up Dragon Quest 2 characters to check the names of the main heroine, but you've saved me the trouble. Many thanks, user.

because you have autism that allowed you to be obsessed with both dragon ball and minecraft, leading you to your current situation

Well Cyber Sleuth came out in 2015 and now it and it's sequel Hacker's Memory are coming bundled together for the Switch and PC later this year. Although if Squeenix were to release the two Builders games on PC in a year or two they would be sold seperately for maximum profit rather than a bundle.

Well, more like title since they didn't give the party members in DQ games proper names until the second trilogy (4-6)

Attached: Princess of Moonbrooke blush.jpg (800x600, 54K)

>lazy programming
Yeah dude lets program hundreds of unintended user interaction cases just because.

Eh, they could do a bundle if they spruce up Builders 1 to include some of the improvements from Builders 2. That'd be awesome to have some underwater exploration and expanded block capacity.

the fields ain't gonna fertilize themselves, you gotta collect the shit from toilets

I really want this game but I dont want to play as super saiyan Gohan. And I dont eant to pick a girl(her pigtails look stupid) can I put a hat or bandana on like in the first one

yeah, there are a shit load of hats
actually if you load up DQB2 with DQB 1 save you get the full costume of the first one

Some games do have that foresight, but this is such a harmless niggle that the user is complaining about. Ain't like the cypress stick is that fucking hard to make, not to mention you can just give Britney your stick since you'll have likely moved onto the sword yourself.

Just change the hair color, that's just Toriyama's samey artstyle

Attached: DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2_20190712225735.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

pc release when

You make it sound like it's as vivid as The Movies where you could hear the fuckers farting and grunting.

They do make comments about shitting though

man, once you stop focusing on the quests, there's so much of Khrumbul-Dun that's just out there for mini medals. Feels kinda like wasted space but gotta respect miles of barren desert and mesas

They would if the people just shit out in the field. They're already fine with not having roofs over their heads and eating out in the open where monsters could pelt them with those fucking bubbles the goddan slugs spit.

Who knows. It's fine enough on Switch, if not the best option since you can take that shit on the go wherever.

Attached: A night at the baths.jpg (827x860, 574K)

But you need their poop to make worm balls, it's more beneficial for it to be somewhere you can collect it

It's nice at least having little treasures to find instead of just near-endless miles of materials like the first game. While there were a few secrets to find like the boots that negate fall damage (speaking of, do those reappear in this?) and the special skills, they were few and far between.

I bought this game not really knowing what to expect besides Dragon Quest with a bit of Minecraft and it has far exceeded my expectations. It's one of those games that will just consume time faster than you realize it passing.

is it possible to get this later on?
i don't have dq1 save on my console, also will dq1 demo save works?

I named it Sneed because it finds me seed so I can feed

but i want cunny mods

fuck off, DQ getting popular is the best thing that happened to the franchise since we not actually get the fucking games in the west at a decent time and with effort put into them.

>they didn't know

Attached: DQB2.png (400x248, 239K)

No, you have to play and beat the original. And you should consider the original sometime anyway. It might not have some of the better features DWB2 introduced, but it's still a very solid game with lots of great content to enjoy.

They didn't even model panties on the girls with dresses, so you'd already be in for a lot of work remodeling the characters!

Attached: Jessica's new 3DS features.png (700x987, 655K)

i purposely not getting it because i heard 2 improved a lot and 2 was close to release, and im enjoying 2 a lot rn
and then you hit me with this..
fuck it if SE did a deep sale i would

(You)

Attached: 1539731116061.gif (480x270, 528K)

Hopefully I don't forget to play the final Splatfest in a few days, since this game is currently taking hours and hours out of my life

Should have gotten it while you were waiting for Builders 2, the whole Save bonus thing was announced like a year ago when the details were starting to roll out.

What's the music that plays when you first plant the deitree and the monster appears telling you what to do?
It sounds like dungeon music from one of the mainline games but I can't place it.

First game had some pretty fucked up shit what with the second chapter being all about a plague that mutates people into zombies. And then the final chapter is something out of the worst end of any game, but like made into the entire level instead of just a scene you get when you fail.

How do you replace the water from your main source? It seems to repel the jar if you pour in the clean stuff.

Pls respond.

>not playing DQ5 on PS2
This is retardation.

Honestly DQ needs the recognition. If it wasn't for Marth and Roy, Fire Emblem games wouldn't have been localized.

>random battles with that slow as fuck combat
miss me with that gay shit senpai

Just block off the top pool and pour in some clean water. Make sure the reservoir gets rebuilt since it's made with the dirty soil blocks at the beginning, which will turn your clean water brown.

But he didn't.

he did. dq9-11 are done by people under his employment

>the remake with toddler features and fanfiction is gud xD fuck

If I recall correctly, it's like 100 blocks up and down, so you can dig pretty deep provided you have the means to break through some of the harder materials that are deeper than the soil tiles.

Does unblocking the source turn it all brown again? I like having it trickle out of the hole in the wall.

Yeah the source is fucked and you can't purify it until you finish the story on that island, so maybe you should just finish off the story and not worry about it

Figured that would be the case. Eh, I'm fine with just using clean water in the spot where you can have a little moat around the tree. Still plenty of fun to be had just getting the worm cleaning up blocks and making the place not look like a third world shithole.

The moat is pretty sweet, I expanded it a bit and turned it into a big circular sugar cane field

Not like the series hasn't had some over the years. DQ8 was pretty well recognized back on PS2, of course it helped that was also when the series was allowed to finally use its original name instead of that stupid Dragon WARRIOR shit.

Wish they'd let you clean up the crumbling stone parts and replace them with new ones. Though I'm guessing when the tree gets full size they won't be a factor or something.

Is there any way to change the control layout so you can use the LZ and RZ buttons to focus on the level ground like the original? Having to click both left triggers just feels a bit off, at least in the handheld mode.

Is the poison stinger the best weapon in the game? Instant kill seems pretty OP

Builders on PC when?

soon TM

never. enjoy minecraft and other trash nigger

Or at least until someone gets the idea to make a knockoff that has similar elements to Builders, but "like, totally free of copyright" or whatever.

1 already works on emulators. Switch emulators aren't far off from working well. They should port it while it still doesn't work on emulators

you're acting like there isn't half a dozen rpg lite in the style of mine craft already, just go play those

>how dare people want this game on another platform where it can grow the franchise's fame?

The town level disappears and reappears at the border of the town.

nigger i dont give a shit about exclusive or not
im addressing the part "Or at least until someone gets the idea to make a knockoff that has similar elements to Builders", like this is some totally unique idea that SEjust come up right now
fuck sake, i saw like 2 games similar like this just from the last e3

God that prison island was a fucking chore.

So it's impossible to get it later?

>make a fenced garden for healing herb shrubs since I had a billion seeds
>whenever the shrubs grow fully the fenced area goes red and ceases to be an official "area"
>whenever I harvest them it flashes blue and goes back to being an area
Weird but now I have sound cues for when my heal bush farm has regenerated

There's nothing on par with Builders, dipshit.

Well obviously, it is a SAVE BONUS after all.

Should I go to the next island or focus on makig my town?

At the very least farm enough heart points to get to the adventure islands, the reward is infinite of certain materials and it's fucking invaluable.

The first or the second one?
I already got chickens but I don't know if I should start building houses and farms.

I'm in the middle of a big ass building project in Furrowfield and these monster fucks keep blowing up my town. How do I make my villagers fix it?

Why not dig a huge trench around the outside perimeter? The fuckers spawn from a good ways out, so just make sure the outside area is deep that they get stuck. Shame you don't get the spike traps like the first chapter of the original game.

just make a moat or 2 block wall around the town to cheese the enemy raids

Just do what feels right, I built up my town and made crop fields, a farm, a restaurant, living quarters, toilets, and a few bath houses stacked on top of each other before going to the second island.
I'd say visit and loot the two tiny adventure islands before moving onto the next main island.

They only attack from one direction, build a wall bro

If you didn't already, you can arm certain members of your villagers to help kill monsters faster.

Also you may want to consider building a wall or a moat around your base to make it harder for monsters to get in.

I'm on the second main island and sometimes when I'm building something it recognizes it as a room even when the blocks are only 1 tile high. Is this a glitch? I thought rooms had to be 2 high.

the skellyboys will carve a path into anything they can't jump over
so what I did was just let them walk in over a bed of brambles, they get fucking mangled

I'm trying to make a second story on one of my houses. I'm making 2 rooms but only the second room is actually recognized as a room. What the fuck

It's a shame the game is really fucking hand holdy and clearly made for 5 year olds

I tried making a second floor too, it seems that you can't really do it with stairs. It has to be it's own building on top of the other one with it's own doors.

Well, there's always old reliable if I really want to get all the items locked behind paywalls.

Attached: Paper clip.jpg (697x697, 18K)

My first room is its own thing though. I have stairs but they just lead to the door

How does the story connect to the first Dragon Quest Builders?

But this isn't a paywall. Not even remotely similar to such a thing.

It doesn't

>played the first game on a hacked vita
There's probably no way to it accepts a vita save would it, and if it did how the fuck would I be able to transfer a save from a pirated game without bricking my vita or getting me banned.

Pretty sure yeah, check the settings menu. There are multiple pages, make sure to flip through them all and hit save.

I can pick up shit with my hands, and peep on girls pooping and bathing. I hope they let you eat animals too.

Isn't the headgear and throne only in the Switch version? Could have sworn there was something about it being only for that version of the game.

I understand that the bonus for playing the first game isn't a paywall. I'm referring to all of them in general:
>some items are locked behind having completed the first game before playing the second game
>some items are locked behind a digital predownload
>some items are locked behind a GameStop preorder
>some items are version exclusive
It's bullshit.

Oh come on, save bonuses are fine. They reward returning players and enrich the connection they have with the series. They're hardly the same as preorder stuff where the things are often so limited that you can't ever get them without some serious hacking.

>tfw played all the way to the ghost church altar mission
>thought the mission was bugged since I couldn't find the altar that I picked up
>restarted the game from the Isle of Awakening
>get the bag again
>realize that it has multiple pages worth of items and the altar was simply on page two
hehehehehe I'm a FUCKING IDIOT
Still loving this game though

Rewards for playing the first game shouldn't be exclusives. It should just be a small bonus like some cash or materials, like in the Bravely Demos.