Why aren't you playing Master Quest on a CRT, Yea Forums? I know I am

Why aren't you playing Master Quest on a CRT, Yea Forums? I know I am.

Attached: 20190714_050226.jpg (805x453, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-F_rnd-DKIg
amazon.com/Retro-Fighters-Brawler64-Next-Controller-Game/dp/B07STR3G1D/ref=pd_cp_63_4?pd_rd_w=eQ1ok&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=661JBB6G1JNBHDZQQEZW&pd_rd_r=ad3904e7-a645-11e9-bd99-51f9e84bde3c&pd_rd_wg=hauc6&pd_rd_i=B07STR3G1D&psc=1&refRID=661JBB6G1JNBHDZQQEZW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

On GameCube I’m assuming?
Master quest never came out for N64 I thought

>Master quest never came out for N64 I thought
It didn't, but some people have made bootleg carts.

You can also get it on an Everdrive, but from my experience it's laggier and worse than the GameCube. I'm playing it on the GameCube version, it's pretty kino

My CRT is fucking trash, wish I could score a decent one. last time I tried to play Master quest I believe I got stuck in jabu jabu's belly.

Attached: 09f7acf5-9438-4871-8f7f-f4e45c6e6366..png (720x960, 889K)

That's okay friend, I'm sure emulating it is a similar experience. I just love the aesthetic of playing it on a 32" CRT, there's something about it. I use an N64 - GameCube adapter for the best experience

I'll consider revisiting it and streaming sometime soon, I miss my 37 inch JVC :(

>Got stuck a the begginign of spirit temple
>mfw

Attached: 1554440128788.jpg (1098x1198, 89K)

Because I'm playing Luigi's Mansion on my CRT

Attached: IMG_20190623_024804~01.jpg (1920x1440, 881K)

Already played it not too long ago. Playing it on a repro cart on an actual N64 is even better.

>20190623
>623
Why lie, user?

I'm shitposting from bed leave me alone
But i'm actually going through the hidden mansion a 2nd time

Cuz N64 is trash. I would own one but it's not worth the low frame rates and blurry image

I have a gigantic CRT that I got from my parents, I kept it for retro vidya, but nowadays I just go full pleb and play on emulators or on the Switch using retroarch. It's a top end 29 inches, 4:3 Sony Trinitron with a 100hz screen and 3 scart inputs plus composite. Should I try to sell it? I heard these are quite desirable for retro gaymers. Mine works just perfect, I also have the original remote in good conditions and I calibrated the screen to perfection from the service menu. But how the fuck do you even ship such a beast, it's absolutely humongous and it weighs over 20kg.

I'm playing it on my GameCube, user. If you want to shitpost about the GameCube, it's available on the Wii, or Dolphin

Emulation doesn't feel right for me unless it's like PSX games on PSP. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I actually did it about 17 years ago or whatever, it was kinda fun but nothing special, i hoped for major changes in the game but instead it just messed with the dungeons a bit to fuck with all the people that played OOT two thousand times.

I'm not a virgin

...Lol? Not OP but calling someone a virgin is low, chief. I bet you're some cis whitey that thinks he can hide behind a screen.

Because phantom hourglass was my first zelda and it granted me the ability to not hold games like oot on a pedestal like some retard.

Literally who? No one knows about your weird zoomer game

I had a CRT and a Wii back in 2007ish.
So eventually i bought Windwaker Gold, which included Master Quest.
So yes, i have played it. And its pretty good. I wouldn't mind Nintendo doing the same for the rest of the Zelda games, with longer heavier more puzzle oriented dungeons.

Zelda 1, 2nd round is also good. But i haven't bothered yet.

Attached: Zelda_1_versus_2_Maps.jpg (2000x1333, 1.33M)

But I am. I'm at the two witches bossfight right now, fampai.

Based, I just got to Zora's Domain on my new playthrough. There's something comfy about Master Quest, can't wait to shoot some cow switches.

The thinking man's difficulty. I wish more games had a hard mode like this, with more difficult puzzles that require the use of items that used to be optional.

Attached: 1236942340.png (639x475, 480K)

If I want to play OoT and MM on CRT should I get N64 or Gamecube version?

People have made repro carts for Master Quest

MM is trash on the Collector's Edition, it's way too laggy. Get Master Quest though, it comes with regular OoT as well. (MM for N64, Master Quest GameCube)

Depends on what you want besides that.
If its just Mario64, Zelda, Master Quest and Majoras Mask Wii is fine.
If you want Hybrid Heaven, Herakles, Body Harvest, and other N64 games: Well you need a N64 and a EVERDRIVE

Attached: Body_Harvest_Cover.jpg (640x446, 78K)

Based, post everdrives

Attached: 9686988989.jpg (805x453, 44K)

MM on gamecube is laggy and prone to crashing, OoT is also prone to crashing randomly but it's very rare if you have to play it on an N64

Quickly user
What sort of grease do you recommend to use on the N64 sticks to prevent friction degradation?

I use a hori minipad, user. Sorry for the late response

>You want a wrestling RPG?
>Say no more

Attached: 444571-hybrid-heaven-nintendo-64-manual.jpg (800x1170, 197K)

I got stuck in Dodongo's Cavern when I played Master Quest.
I was too stubborn to use a walkthrough to figure out where I messed up, and when I heard most people thought Master Quest's dungeons were bullshit I gave up since i'm not good at Zelda games in the first place.

youtube.com/watch?v=-F_rnd-DKIg

Kek that's a pitifully easy sequence break

>Have OoT for 3DS
>Sure people argue there's no soul but I got Master Quest on there already
Fuck 3DS haters. And if I wanted to diss emulator shitposters I'd just hack it.
But I got a GBA/N64 emulator backlog anyways so fuck you.

Attached: 1561056982666.jpg (420x420, 101K)

I used to have master quest and OOT on gamecube. Im so mad i sold it

>emulating N64
You're already fucking yourself user

As far as I remember:
1. Water temple is more convoluted, but it also involves less tide puzzles, making it easier
2. Most dungeons have more extreme puzzles and 3D movement between rooms
3. You are forced to gather more optional items, but its not that much harder

>Selling games
why? They are not like bikes or cars, where they take large amounts of physical space to store.

You're right. I am.
Until I get my hands on a Switch mini and hack that mofo if you get what I mean.

Attached: 1539883615141.jpg (694x488, 55K)

>why? They are not like bikes or cars, where they take large amounts of physical space to store.
Not him but sometimes you're that strapped for cash that even $10 for like 5 of your most valuable games seems like a good trade.
I'm glad I never traded that many games in, but even right now i'm heavily considering possibly having to do it again just for some extra cash.

im stuck on the water temple on the 3ds version

I was a kid and if i wanted new games or systems i had to save up by doing extra chores, saving allowance and birthday money and selling games. I wish i had more patience back then

>You want a mediocre Zelda clone?
>Based on a TV show
>Which is loosely based on Greek mythology?
>Say no more

Attached: Cover_Hercules_n64.jpg (1800x1350, 288K)

tried it some years ago, mostly thought it was just more tedious rather than actually more challenging

>You want a fresh spin on a classic?
>Where you can't attack directly, so it instead plays a lot like a puzzle games?
>With bosses, platforming and even more fun stuff?
>Say no more

Attached: Bomberman_64_Box_Art.jpg (620x432, 44K)

>You want a 3D action platformer
>But with Playstation quality instead of N64 quality?
>Say no more

Attached: 444094-buck-bumble-nintendo-64-manual.jpg (800x1174, 200K)

imagine thinking luigi's mansion is good. fuck i had that game on cube and played it twice. absolute trash

For me, its n64 on 43inch lcd through my Micomsoft Framemeister X-RBG mini upscaling converter unit.

I use this.
amazon.com/Retro-Fighters-Brawler64-Next-Controller-Game/dp/B07STR3G1D/ref=pd_cp_63_4?pd_rd_w=eQ1ok&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=661JBB6G1JNBHDZQQEZW&pd_rd_r=ad3904e7-a645-11e9-bd99-51f9e84bde3c&pd_rd_wg=hauc6&pd_rd_i=B07STR3G1D&psc=1&refRID=661JBB6G1JNBHDZQQEZW

>LCD
OHNONONONO

Or led. Whatever it is. When im not playing on my led/lcd im playing on my DLP