Metal Gear

What was the best Metal Gear game?

Attached: 2D MGS3 ladder scene.gif (540x810, 2.7M)

MGS

Either MGS1 or MGS3. I'm not sure why zoomers are suddenly memeing MGS2 into being the best.

he asked about metal gear, not metal gear solid, you idiots

>suddenly
MGS2 has been well-appreciated for a long time, but the appreciation has definitely grown more than I ever expected. I personally think it's better than MGS1 and MGS3 for a number of reasons.

No I meant all Metal Gear games. Solid included

When will they remake this masterpiece with the Fox Engine? Robot Big Boss deserves a modern rendition.

derp

Attached: 1543264147276.png (512x480, 119K)

MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3, depending on the mood.

That game is not canon. The MSX games are what you were looking for.

No, they're not. I want a 3D remake of Snake's Revenge. You're not canon.

you don't know what you're talking about

Attached: dyatlov.png (900x676, 410K)

>gameplay mechanics
MGS3/MGS5
>level design
MGS1/MGS2
>enemy ai/boss fights
>MGS3

Well they aren't ever going to bother with what is officially a non-canon game in a series as beloved as MG.
The official franchise name is Metal Gear and includes the Metal Gear games, MGS, Rising, Acid, Survive and Online. Don't know how anyone could be confused by the OP.

Or what is officially canon, for that matter. Konami doesn't make games anymore.

>MGS2
>good level design
enjoy sneaking in your orange shoebox faggit

Attached: 1423983489973.jpg (276x277, 8K)

V

What does the label on the box have to do with level design? You sound mentally handicapped.

Rising.

Attached: 1440561598706.jpg (508x773, 49K)

I want to play Metal Gear 2. The music is great but no idea with what i should emulate it. Any tips?

For real though, big shell is terrible

Every day I wake up without a Mistral gf, every day I wish I hadn't woken up.

MGS3

If you have a different opinion thats fine no really it is

Attached: 1497671051729.jpg (750x750, 96K)

5 you massive circle jerking faggots

It was rushed, so it reminds me of those untextured counterstrike levels. But what is there is pretty good.

But there isn't much there at all, which really effects how fun it is to traverse

Well I hope you are in the field of cybernetics or war bizz or you'll never get her.

Attached: 1496003274619.jpg (872x1223, 188K)

3 is the most overrated
V is bad

MGS2 has some of the best level design in the series in terms of structure and enemy placement. It isn't as varied as MGS3's, but it's a lot more tightly designed. I wish it had another couple struts' worth of content, though.

MGS3's levels are EXTREMELY tight. Just because their bigger doesn't mean they're any less smart.

2 is the most underrated
1 is the best

Unfinished game

They really aren't. Camo and the more open environments trivialize sneaking pretty hard. The exploratory factor is still pretty decent, and there's a lot of room for dicking around thanks to all the options the game gives you, but in terms of pure sneaking it's not that tight at all. The escape from Groznyj Grad after being tortured is the only time the game offers much tension. I love MGS3's level design, but I wouldn't call it tight at all. It's very clever, though.

BlueMSX works well. fMSX also works well.

Yeah, tight is way off base. I think MGS3's genius is about all the sandbox elements stuffed into such a (mostly) linear game. Sneaking is easy if you're walking to the end but from getting your backpack to the disappearing m16 under the rope bridge to environmental stuff like the hornet's nests &c. it does an exemplary job of introducing you to the value of exploration and lateral thinking. You can sneak to the end of the game easy enough but you know by the time you meet EVA that the places you're really gonna be able to express yourself are the places you don't have to go & the stuff you don't have to do. MGSV managed to throw all of that down the shitter despite having more/ cooler items b/c it lacks the focus of a more linear game. Because you can face up to the game world's challenges in a different order and mitigate their difficulty by doing side missions and metagame bullshit (though fun for what they were) you have no incentive see the less trodden, more heavily guarded path as an avenue to equip and better prepare yourself, because you do that by collecting lunchboxes and ordering your weapons off fucking amazon.

MGS2

MGS if you like 3D. Ghost Babel if you like 2D.

>tfw one day my dad decided to check out video games with me to see what it was all about
>playing SH2 for the first time
>get to the scene where triangle head starts raping a bunch of manequins
>im sweating bullets
>my dad just sips his beer and goes "huh... well then"
>gets up and walks downstairs

I wanted to die that moment and never finished SH2.

MGS3 could have easily fixed the camo issue by having it so that you can turn it on so that he automatically changes his camo to whatever is necessary for where he currently is. So it would function identical to octocamo but in actuality he's just quickly changing outfits for the moment even though it happens instantly. It is MGS so they can easly implement goofy shit like that and easily get away with it.