Anyone know if this controller is any good? Was thinking about getting it for Mario maker 2. How are the buttons?

Anyone know if this controller is any good? Was thinking about getting it for Mario maker 2. How are the buttons?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Is there any SNES game that benefits from having sticks?

8bitdo is chinese garbage. Get superior Hong Kong Mayflash adapter and use a wii u pro, wiiremote + classic controller, dualshock 4, or xbone controller on switch

it is great, it just can't turn on the switch from sleep and it turns itself off when you enter the pairing screen, but i used it myself for smm2, it's a great controller i have with me at all times in my backpack.
it's meant for more than just snes games, as a replacement for the pro controller but with snes familiar feels and compactness.

I've heard bad things about 8bitdo but this controller in particular looks pretty solid. What's wrong with it? I'll consider the adapter if you convince me not to get this one user.

8bitdo controllers experience a lot of lag if you connect two of them to the same device. the adapter only works in docked, don't bother with that unless you exclusively use your switch docked.

Get a buffalo and a switch usb adapter

Attached: 51VCj+g5YoL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 15K)

The Mayflash adapter comes with a USB female to USB C female adapter (check amazon) so to can plug it on the bottom of the switch.

Also for $20 you can 1 adapter that can use most controllers or you can spend 20-40 dollarydingoes on one shitty controller (bottom sticks are a crime) running off pure nostalgia.

I don’t have a single complaint about it since they fixed the rumble on it from its release. Holy fuck it was insane

everything about it is just 'okay', dpad is a bit too sensitive for down inputs and sticks have recoil (e.g. if flicked up quickly they'll register a small down input as they recoil); gyro is extremely good but lacks HD rumble and the rumble it does have is really meek and feels crap. Connectivity-wise I've noticed it can have major problems is there's many bluetooth devices present, even as few as 2 joycons being already connected to a switch can cause interference issues for this controller. Face buttons feel very nice, good feel to them that's similar to wii u buttons if you're familiar with those; shoulder and trigger buttons are not so nice and don't register presses as smoothly.

If you can get it cheap or discounted, it's not bad at all, but at full price I'd say nah.

As an amendment to this just for the record I’ve never connected more than one at once so it’s worth taking into account what other anons have said assuming they’ve had experience. This guy for example:

>sticks and triggers
>no handles
Stop wasting money on garbage and buy a PS4 or 360 controller instead.

The whip in castlevania iv if you want to be a little bitch

>sticks and triggers
>super mario maker
are you retarded, user?

Are you? Nobody buys a controller for just one game, unless it's like DDR.

Enjoy your ghost d-pad inputs bro

Not a thing, stop being jealous

I got both the ibuffalo and the one in OP, i prefer the ibuffalo for the way it feels in the hand

LMAO

nigga are you serious?

What are you stalling for? You're not going to come up with a good comeback, or any valid reason to buy that 8-bitdo garbage even if I give you a week.

You're not even talking to OP.

the controller is decent but the analog rubber goes bad.

Ghost input problems are pretty common with these, my BSGP801 would do it every few seconds. Thankfully you can fix it by swapping out some capacitors but that's not easy for a most people.

It's really good at first, but with the time the d-pad will start making ghost input, it can be fixed really easy but you need to keep it in mind before buy it

How do you fix it?

I'm considering this or the Switch Pro controller

bump