Anyone have pic related but with Valkyria Chronicles 4? Also what the hell happened to the series?

Anyone have pic related but with Valkyria Chronicles 4? Also what the hell happened to the series?

Attached: The Good, The Young, and The Ugly of Gallia.jpg (1100x1413, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D10R99bKFnA
exhentai.org/g/762312/c2e17149f6/
exhentai.org/g/777915/b9126f5a2d/
exhentai.org/g/759678/fbceff9b93/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let me guess you never even finished 1?

What did happen? I was under the impression the games were fairly consistent in their storytelling and gameplay.

2 and 3 were on PSP, a pretty big downgrade.

The second and third games were stuck on the PSP which fucked up the map design and the painting like visuals of the original.

Graphically, yeah, but the gameplay is nearly identical. They're not bad.
Before VC4 came out, it was widely considered that VC3 was the best of the trio. I'm not sure how VC4 rates compared to them.

PSP Downgrade and the change from a Ragtag group of misfits conscripted into a Militia Unit to a bunch of High Schoolers and then a Penal Unit with an Edgelord aesthetic. Everything else just followed standard anime tropes, its just the first game had the right idea with the characters.

>Before VC4 came out, it was widely considered that VC3 was the best of the trio.
No it wasn't. VC3 got the usual JOP hype before the patch and there are also idiots who think it's better written because it's "darker" but it lacks the charm of the first game and the gameplay improvements still can't make up for the cramped teleporter maps.

I like vc3 and vc4 equally for different reasons. Storys and characters are reallt good in both, but gameplay styles and mechanics have different pros.

>I'm not sure how VC4 rates compared to them.
I'd also like to know how it is.

I've played it and enjoyed it. It's more like VC1 mk2.
More elements from the first game, but far more refined. It's not a bad title, but I miss my gunners, my literal sword units, the thighhigh schoolgirl fatigues, and Side/Rear Defense.

The spin-off was so derivative that VC4 had to retread their success from VC1, and the series was already fading into obscurity.

Attached: ValkyriaChronicles4-1-3.png (1051x602, 680K)

It's like any game series basically. VC1 was a part of the golden years of 3D gaming but the sequels were part of the modern whatthefuckareyoudoing era of gaming. The spin-off had fuck all to do with VC4 being garbage.

VC3&VC4 > VC1

Ignore subhuman baiters, the first game was dethroned a long time ago

Attached: 21098297250_d2e5e8d33b_b.jpg (300x400, 40K)

I want to give Carisa the Ducats!

VC1>VC4>VC2>VC3

>VC1 was a part of the golden years of 3D gaming but the sequels were part of the modern whatthefuckareyoudoing era of gaming.
Autism

>2 better than anything
oh no no no

Anyone have pictures of the weapons? Shame they don't utilize Ragnite further to produce aircrafts

2 had lots of toys, like flashbangs, player-usable landmines, and thighhigh schoolgirl fatigues.

But that's about it. Story telling sucks and it's easy as balls.

>it's bad because there's a school
When did this board turn into facebook

This isn't an argument and what I said was the truth.

VC1 was something new and of a high quality that none of the other games reached. Not even 4, ten years later. The series was essentially dead with the failure of 3, so they let some shit tier company make a failed spin-off and offloaded 1 onto PC. But because that port did remarkably well, Sega green lit one of the ideas for a sequel a virgin autist had and he got to work. That guy didn't understand what was good about 4 though just like the people who made 2 and 3, so it also bombed despite being a multiplatform game.

The game did so bad they didn't even release the art book OP is asking about. Imagine that.

FPS set in VC Universe ala Bioshock when?

>FPS
Unironically kill yourself

Fuck that noise.
FPS VC w/ Republic Commando squad management

A TPS would make more sense you autists.

Make it S.T.A.L.K.E.R or Metro-like, then I'll play it

It had nothing to do with any dumb "golden years" bullshit. The first game had potential but it didn't perform well enough for the boys in suits so the series was relegated to the PSP because handhelds are cheaper to develop for and the PSP was still doing great in Japan. Unfortunately that move introduced a bunch of problems and so instead of taking the solid and promising game they already had and improving it they had to find ways to downgrade it enough to make it work on an underpowered handheld, which made the sequels fail even harder than the original had. . is right, when they got to make another full scale home console game the series was so fucked that even just going back up to the standards of the first game from a decade ago was a big improvement. It has nothing to do with your autistic eras, just the usual short sighted profit oriented management screwing over devs like it always has. Don't forget this is a Sega game, have Sega ever not been grossly incompetent? Just look at how they handled Sonic. An absolute golden egg goose, capable of going toe to toe with fucking Mario back in the 90s, and they managed to turn it into an absolute joke of a series no one cares about anymore during your "golden years of 3D gaming", whatever that means.

VC1fags really have brain damage

You aren't taking into account that developers, human beings, create the games. You could see the hard work they put in with 1. They created that entire fantastic looking engine for instance. The people making every other game in the series were hacks in comparison. This is happening across the board, it's entirely to do with eras of developers.

>samefagging

These come from each game's artbook, and there hasn't been one for 4 yet.

>You could see the hard work they put in with 1. They created that entire fantastic looking engine for instance.
Yes, and then they were forced to make games for an underpowered handheld that couldn't handle that fantastic looking engine. Much of the staff working on the PSP sequels were the same people who made the original. They were just screwed over by short sighted business decisions that forced them to downgrade their game instead of improving it.

>PSP
>underpowered
Just because VC2/3 look bad doesn't mean the system couldn't have done a lot better. Look at Peace Walker or Crisis Core. They weren't even trying, 4 as well was miserable for a game released in 2018.

Why are there no guns on the third pic?

FUCK DENUVO

I WOULD GLADLY BUY AND PLAY IV IF NOT THIS FUCKING DENUVO

VC2 happened and it almost killed the series. Also 2 and 3 were on PSP for some reason, and that console was NOT well suited to VC's style of gameplay. VC4 was great, hope we get a 5 someday.

>Look at Peace Walker or Crisis Core.
Yes? They look like shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=D10R99bKFnA

The PSP was weaker than the PS2 and it had a tiny low res screen that made everything look even worse.

If 5 ever happens I hope it will follow the implication the game already made through the game of an impending USA/Japan war (Pacific War: Electric Bogaloo)

That guy with a Trumpet looks stylish

VC2 didn't even sell that bad it broke over 500k. 3 and 4 sold bad.

How bad did 4 do?

Now compare them to VC1 which looks worse than N64 games, you retard.

4 platforms didn't sell as much as VC2 did.

Assuming you mean VC2 and 3, they have less detail than Peace Walker but that's like comparing VC1 to MGS4. They're just going for completely different styles so it's no use comparing them. My point is that there aren't really any good looking 3D games on the PSP because the PSP is a gimped PS2 with a 2004 cell phone screen.

>but that's like comparing VC1 to MGS4
No, it isn't. You might just be retarded. The bar is low for a PSP game.
>there aren't really any good looking 3D games on the PSP
Birth By Sleep as well as the others I mentioned.

I like the edgy, melee oriented designs of the third one. How is it gameplay wise?

Attached: swords.jpg (1812x1308, 904K)

Basically the same as 2 with a couple of tweaks

VC4 > VC3 > VC1 > VC2
I like all of them though

Attached: Valkyria Chronicles Thread.png (980x765, 48K)

VC3 isn't actually about melee, you will rarely use melee

VC3 > VC4 > VC1 > VC2

Anyone?

If you want to see weapons then just look at the artbooks
exhentai.org/g/762312/c2e17149f6/
exhentai.org/g/777915/b9126f5a2d/
exhentai.org/g/759678/fbceff9b93/

It's all up on sadpanda.

Attached: 157.jpg (2430x3481, 1.84M)

Nice, thanks user

based and love & peacepilled

4 doesn't have that exact picture format because those are the covers of artbooks and VC4 doesn't have a full artbook (yet).

When the VC4 artbook is gonna come out?

So how does 4 compare with 1? I've only played 1 on PC, never finished it, it was ok though I guess.

Attached: 1558324705394.png (383x131, 2K)

Shit, ok then

It's a lot like 1 with a bunch of improvements, more fun missions, and the biggest flaws of 1 somewhat diminished but not really fixed. So, better than 1 but I wouldn't recommend it unless you want more of that.

>Also what the hell happened to the series?
After making some shitty portable games and a horrendous spinoff, they decided to make a new game in the image of the original that turned out to be better than expected. Unfortunately it sold like shit and the series is probably dead now

I don't even remember what I disliked about it. I think the base research weapon upgrade system was lame, and combat was sometimes a chore, especially when you were forced to use only like two people and left everyone else behind for efficiency.

The score system is what I had in mind when I said 1's flaws were "somewhat" diminished. They didn't actually fix the rating system, it's still based only on time taken to complete the level. But, they made it much more generous so there's not much of a reason to rush. Technically it's better, but they could've done better than that.

VC1 still the best, though VC4 wasnt bad. The grenadier chick is basically a civilian scientist tagging along so I can give a pass on her lack of uniform.

2 isn't that bad. Plus the grinding credits was a much bigger problem than "Muh High School!"

VC 1 = best overarching story
VC 3 = Best characters
VC 4 = best combat

>VC 3 = Best characters
Yikes

I really liked emo traitor fag, Alicia II, angry girl and the rest of the literally who squad. Truly a cast for the ages.

Which game had the best characters for you?

VC1 but I only played the first 3

VC2?