Why haven't you started to mindlessly consume every game out there?

Why haven't you started to mindlessly consume every game out there?

Attached: stop it.png (967x217, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b5ZchzyDPJw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because I stopped playing new games years ago.

when normies who consume all types of media casually got into gaming, that's when the industry was ruined.

Same for me.
Started sitting down to go through my backlog and realised I was having way more fun with older games.

The new CTR is the only exception.

I actually do. I just don't pay for any of them.

Why play video games when you can have a wife and kids? Yeesh, gamers are seriously kooky.

Attached: IMG_3497.jpg (678x453, 29K)

How can any self-respecting game journo actually say this when some of the most successful indie games these past years utilized early access and open betas immensely? You know? Periods of time during a game's life where developers openly want feedback from all kinds of players especially fans?

So back in 80s?

because the devs don't listen to them

because game "journalists" believe theyre the fans and everyone with a bigger voice is getting their way

I agree with that though. Make something you think is good and you’ll find your audience that wants that. Don’t listen to idiots who don’t even buy your things.

So don't listen the journos then? Because the examples he used in the article were specifically games where actual customers bought the games that were slighted by dumb decisions.

Disagree. Fans want strong women and less sexualization.

>four kids
Madness

T. someone who think being a fan is about posting on blogs and forums instead of buying games

OOOOOH A NEW THING TO BUY OOOOOOH

Attached: 1555383474594.gif (722x720, 1.67M)

That's because it's a remake of an old game, not a new one

You already do.

because I have a day job: I'm too busy advocating for tax breaks for corporations as the based republican that I am, unlike these twitter lefties I don't suck corporate cock all day

There are 40 year old women in Africa with 38 kids. Figure that puzzle out.

THREE DAUGHTERS!!!

Because
1. They don't respect themselves.
and
2. It's clickbait.

Mormons

life is hell

Four wives

consume product and get excited for next product

>have 3+ children, gender is skewed to one side
This seems more common than not, I know at least 4 families with 4 kids who are all boys.

that guy is literally defending ME3s original ending and saying that Bioware had to bend its interesting and original vision to appeal to a mob of idiots

hes not self respecting, hes doing it for the clicks.
if you check his twitter, most of his day is posting screencaps of comments he gets and says "I just drop the truth"

I pirate on my beloved switch. I shit on the trannies, jannies, shillniggers, journos, and developers. Fuck you all. I am unstoppable.

Attached: 1562796980616.jpg (750x750, 65K)

What are you going to do when all operating systems except windows 10s and official always-online gaming consoles will require photo ID and a license

same 2bh desu baka familia

The article is shit, but the title is right on accident. Too many devs are concerned with bending their game to what fans think they want, so we end up with a lot of games that just cannibalize pieces of other popular games that people liked, and we rarely get new and original games.

I'm going to play my gigantic backlog of old games thanks to emulation. There's enough for 1000 years of gaming experience.

Hell, doom 2 wads are enough for 10 lives alone

That just means you aren't looking at games that aren't western AAA trash and/or jaded boomers who don't have the ability to enjoy things.

Not listening to your target audience is a critical mistake. That's how you alienate people.

>new games so bad it's not even worth to pirate them
They did it, they defeated piracy

>Literally the entire article is a defense for

>DmC
>Mass Effect 3
>Mass Effect: Andromeda
>Anthem
>Game of Thrones: Season 8

Holy fuck, how can someone have such awful standards? I hope to Christ this person just thinks of themselves as a journalist, and not a critic, because they clearly have no fucking idea what makes a good product.

Attached: 5421524.jpg (500x332, 26K)

Probably start working on stripping windows 10 to the bare minimum parts to run videogames

why does Yea Forums only criticize the title of these articles when 90% of the time they are clickbait?

jaded is just a cynical term for experienced.

why would I bother reading opinion pieces in the first place?

Nah, it has a different connotation about how the person has lost all joy in the subject through said experience, where simply being experienced in of itself doesn't necessarily mean you're tired of the thing in question.

The Mass Effect 3 scandal really mind broke these journalists didn't it? It was at that point the complete divide between the public and journo elite was made visible. These losers are ailing elitists and PR people for the industry, they must unilaterally side with the industry lest they lose access to PR events, interviews and early access and without those their entire industry collapses. Whatever the industry says is correct and whatever the public says is wrong.

This, especially if the article wants to start off on a cunty and confrontational note by writing off my own opinion while the writer asks me to respect theirs. Nope, that kind of hypocrisy is why we wind up mocking them in these scenarios.

This is unironically right. If you try to please everyone, your game will turn out shit. The fanbase also isn't one person, and they're gonna have twenty conflicting opinions, so if you listen to everyone, nobody will be happy.
Fans don't even know what they want 90% of the time.

your definition of jaded is cope

Shut up and consume.

Attached: e7a.jpg (1916x945, 238K)

I see this pic all over the place, but still i don't know the context behind it, if some nice user could give me a link on the vid it would be very much appreciated.

It's from Red Letter Media, it's one of The Nerd Crew episodes. I'm not sure which one though, it's probably the 1st or 2nd episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=b5ZchzyDPJw
The line's around 6:50 if that's what you'd like to know specifically. The TL;DR is that RedLetterMedia got famous for doing obnoiously long (if not on-point and fun) Star Wars prequel reviews, now they review movies in general, and The Nerd Crew is their spiteful parody of obnoxious podcasts and vlog groups and shit that just sit around shilling things like Loot Crate and Dollar Shave Club constantly while acting as corporate mouthpieces for sponsors and studios, never asking hard questions, only softballs at best.

You mean when the industry fucking crashed? Yeah. That would seem to prove his point.

>Don’t listen to idiots who don’t even buy your things.
That's not who the guy is telling devs not to listen to.

Because what he's really saying is "Listen only to me and people who agree with me."

>I'm too busy advocating for tax breaks for corporations
>I don't suck corporate cock all day

Attached: 1552250477010.jpg (362x346, 38K)

But of course! Why listen to our costumers when it's obvious the journalists know what they're talking about better than anyone else?

Attached: This is okay (it's actually not).jpg (3521x3837, 1.94M)

is there a college class everyone took where they drill "a good thing" as part of necessary writing?

Because i buy what i like?
I dont want games to change to be almost like stuff i enjoy.
Are you buying every game in the hope that the devs will change the whole game because you keep crying about not liking it?

>have wife and kids on this political timeline
Yeah no fuck off

I only play Dragon Quest and its been that way for like 8 years now.
I have 3 games from the PS3 era, thats all I bought. All my games are from the SNES to PS2 eras.
I started buying "new" games again once DQ came to the PS4.

I unironically wish I could regress my brain and turn off my mind when I play vidya now.
I blame anime, honestly. This whole idea that 'childish' media can be thought-provoking has infected literal toys now, and it sucks.
I go downstairs to my dad's mancave and he's just lazing on his couch with this dead stare at his TV, and I know he loves it because he's a big test tube glub glub monkey. I envy him greatly.
I hate having to constantly be thinking of other dumb shit when I'm playing a video game. I want engagement that can sink me in and never take me out. I haven't had that in years, and it's game developers' fault that they aren't pushing to make me a big stupid neanderthal more these days. I don't want to think. Thinking doesn't do anybody any good any more.
Prove me wrong. Thanks for reading my blog.

>Thinking doesn't do anybody any good any more.
It's all so tiresome huh

Attached: 1533324685624.jpg (750x797, 95K)

>"The Last Jedi Killed My Childhood, And That's Exactly Why It's Great"
What kind of mental state do you have to be in to write something like that?

It all just a variation on one central theme: "We're ruining things you like, and that's a good thing, because you suck."

His point in the article was to try to make people like you angry so you could give him more hate clicks. You're essentially looking at a vulture who is desperate for food and making a whole bunch of noise because of it.

Attached: 1544415627192.jpg (523x372, 60K)

Most likely their company has a list of prewritten articles and they just fill in the blanks with buzzwords. They do this shit in telemarketing too.

You're good people user. You take care of yourself

>>Game of Thrones: Season 8
Haha seriously? But it was supposedly so bad that normalfags keep parroting about how it was rushed or that so and so is a litwho and didn't deserve to be King.

user I..

What if I want to have kids so I can play video games with my family.
God I wish I had a family

Yeah I understand, user, it's why I run uBlock Origin, Disconnect, and Adblock Plus simultaneously, so I don't really mind clicking their articles. Still, if he's even slightly expressing a real opinion then this shit's painful just to think about. Probably not though, and plenty of people who will give them ad revenue will be stupid enough to click the article through outraged Twitter links and such.

But only some of the fans huh.