Which one Yea Forums?

Which one Yea Forums?

Attached: shooty games.jpg (460x1071, 210K)

Squad, ez

Rising Storm 2 Vietnam is the only good game on that list. But ARMA III and Hell Let Loose can be fun. I have all 5 of these. I'd only recommend Vietnam and MAYBE ARMA III. Maybe.

wow look at all these shooters that are vaguely similar to each other

Definitely not arma 3
fucking thing is so buggy it murdered my steam installation after a BSOD

They're all dead games, so pick your poison.

Not into super autistic mil sim so arma is out.
For "hardcore" but not too hard is squad or insurgency better?

Insurgency

Can recommend the first 4, Squad last though. Haven't tried Hell Let Loose.

Arma 3 is not a hyper realistic military sim like every idiot claims. It's more akin to Garry's Mod where you're given a base game and sandbox to create game modes and scenarios from. Although, Arma 3 has a campaign. You can probably do nothing else but fuck around in the game's editor if you're autistic enough.
Squad is casualized PR with less content and requires you to buy it.
Rising Storm 2 Vietnam is decent with the biggest flaw being how awful maps are always put into rotation.
Insurgency Sandstorm is just an inferior version of Insurgency Source.
I know nothing about the last game.

Attached: 1534747918517.jpg (429x520, 65K)

>all have full servers in every region, any time of day
>dead
based zoomer

post scriptum over hell let loose btw

Attached: gore.webm (1920x720, 2.87M)

Attached: 12314234.jpg (1077x1072, 225K)

>post scriptum
Not a bad game, just a ghost town. The few servers that still exist are mostly empty, and the remaining players know all the dumb little tricks that make inexperienced players miserable. Plus there has never been any kind of team balancer or scrambler, so one team rolls the other every game until the clan guys decide to go eat dinner, at which point the server dies.

>Squad is casualized PR
That's an alright tradeoff for actually having a populated game user. Refractor engine is pure cancer and aim deviation doesn't belong in videogames after 2010. I miss all the content from PR but comparing a 10+ year old mod that hundreds of people worked on, with low poly assets being quite easily produced, to a modern shooter isn't really fair.

Fuzzhead atleast seems to want to change some of the recent casualized changes. Buddy rally spawn might become a commander abilitiy and they intend to change things around running speed and revives too.

For real now, is there any reason to play post scriptum over Squad? Same foundation, similair mechanics, just less content and smaller playerbase
and ww2 obviously.

Attached: thonk.jpg (840x629, 106K)

RS2's single biggest problem is the people who own the servers.
>owners of the largest east coast servers still have no idea how to take resort out of campaign
>some of them think they can run 64 player servers on shitboxes because lack of performance is masked by clientside hit detection (can't remember if 508th or 29ID does it worse)
>the people who run the hacked 128 maxplayers server keep antagonizing tripwire, turning them off from the idea completely
>server admins will never ban people, or don't exist at all, leading tripwire to gimp the votekick system because people were "abusing it" to remove shitheads

Attached: born to feel.jpg (746x982, 407K)

Does RS2 have bots?

If you got a casual milsim fun group: Arma 3
If you pugging - RS2
If you want to be bored - squad

Why the fuck would you want 128 player servers, its a clusterfuck to begin with

>milsim in arma 3
>shooting braindead AI
>being in any way exciting
biggest brainlet

Attached: HighresScreenshot00002.jpg (3840x2160, 2.05M)

>Official matchmaking gives publisher/devs too much power and control of game
>The most populated private servers are usually run by incompetent faggots that end up ruining the game anyways
Why is there no winning?

Arma 3 for modding capabilites
SQUAD for out of the box but it is still EA and might be abandoned
Hell let lose shows promise more than the medicore ww2 that came out

Sandstorm is my personal favourite with Squad as a larger scale alternative.

ArmA and RS are just too archaic for me to enjoy any more, their movement and weapon mechanics just suck compared Ins and Squad and HLL is just an unoptimised Squad-lite.

Ins is just so much fun.

Attached: Capping Point.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

Bots exist, but you have to do some minplayers fuckery to get them on a server. Tripwire got rid of them because they were extremely stupid in RO2 and didn't want to spend time fixing up the AI.

Balls

Attached: 79675578.jpg (322x322, 12K)

>Tripwire got rid of them because they were extremely stupid in RO2 and didn't want to spend time fixing up the AI.
You also had malware servers using bots to fake being populated so they could throw ads and scripts via the server welcome page at unsuspecting players.

If you like modern military more Squad, if you like WW2 more Hell Let Lose.

People like WW2

Rising Storm 2 was great.

I highly doubt that Squad will get abandoned. The devs are very active with the community and are very open how the development is going.

Tried RS2 during the freeplay and it refused to even start, bugsplats out the ass

Squad is 10/10 IF you get a good squad leader or are a good squad leader yourself. With a bad squad leader it's pretty miserable experience.

My favourite Squad experiences have actually been with a bumbling squad leader where we keep getting ourselves into trouble and only just manage to scrape by.

They have a pretty clear plan for what they consider 1.0 release
>commander mode
>helicopter
>100 players
>fallujah and mutaha maps
>modding 2.0 (better tools, autodownload on joining a server)
I hope the devs continue with support after the final version tho.One of the mappers atleast is working on a personal australian forces project so I hope that makes it in.

Attached: aussieforces.jpg (1152x1944, 554K)

tfw have to deal with Aus servers and CatintheHat
Cool dude but man their servers can be real shit and it's infuriating waiting to get in after queue only to be booted immediately for a member. Fuuuuuck youuuu

I'm kind of worried about what this project means for the Australian squad community.

I think if it's finished we'll never get to play vanilla Squad ever again.

By bad squad leader I didn't mean one that makes bad calls and takes the squad into middle of an ambush or something, that can lead into great situations. I meant people who don't even try to lead and just scream at other people.

It likely will make it in officially anyway user.

Skorpo, Kokan, Al-Basrah are community maps. The Kobra sight on the russian AKs was made by one of the QA testers. This would be the first faction mod, but I don't see why it wouldn't fit especially coming from a dev themselves.

Military shooters are garbage.

I meant more in terms of the servers never rotating factions.

bitch nigger

Attached: 1513939963061.jpg (434x499, 81K)

Squad.