Are the South Park RPG's any good?

Are the South Park RPG's any good?

Attached: south_park_still_h_2016[1].jpg (768x433, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7OA0wfiSE
youtube.com/watch?v=gIGsSApRgzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fractured but Whole was pretty good.

I liked the Stick of Truth
Havent tried the new on yet

I enjoyed stick of truth, but the combat was very "newground flash game". But a good newgrounds flash game at least. Was mainly fun if you're a series fan because of the exploration and all the references.

Yes. Enjoyed them both, would recommend

>all the references
You mean all the recycled jokes? For fuck's sake, they played it really safe with that one.

They are both very good.

This. Good little games and completely faithful to the source material. I'd play a third one.

if you're a fan of south park yes. If not, you're gonna have a bad time

Attached: 1536375000893.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

Pretty mediocre, I guess average as a South Park fan but they're too short and you're forced to use uplay on PC for the second game so pirate it. Wouldn't use uplay even if they gave me the game for free but if you're a bootlicker go for it.

Attached: 1559442029773.jpg (1280x960, 247K)

Stick of Truth was great. Fractured kind of wore out the concept and the jokes are clearly toned down thanks to the legal shitstorm that happened with the first.

>a buttload of QTE's
>stick wiggling for fart attacks
>silent protagonist in a story heavy game

Attached: dog_vomitting.jpg (728x546, 56K)

Stick of Truth is 10/10
Fractured But Whole is trash

Dont like south park but the games are 10s

>legal shitstorm that happened with the first
what?

>legal shitstorm
do tell

Attached: Spsot_censored_australia[1].png (1918x1080, 721K)

Attached: Spsot_censored_europe[1].png (1024x576, 506K)

The whole "crying koala" thing. I'm guessing the devs didn't want to deal with regional censorship again and just made everything more safe to avoid the hassle.

They're fun but only buy them when they're super discounted. Stick of truth is very short and not worth full price. EVER

FBH is longer but a lot of it felt padded and pointless.

how is the DLC for FBH?

Funnier than the main game.

I still don't understand why they censored the European console versions but not the PC

I'll consider it then thanks.

like any modern rpg, good for a single playthrough and then never touch it again

Just youtube them both, they aren't really worth playing, the "gameplay" feels like shitty padding between the cutscenes.

>netherborn theme
Best class. youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7OA0wfiSE

Attached: 1562577556705.jpg (858x1024, 50K)

Stick of truth isnt as short as these npc faggots say

I felt like FBH was missing a lot of the cooler set pieces that stick of truth had. Also its conclusion felt kinda like it just dropped in place and ended rather than the build up of stick of truth.

I did enjoy playing them both though.

yeah they're pretty good

stick of truth was okay, but fractured but whole is padded so hard, the battles takes way too long now.

Mostly great, especially if you like the show/movie.

I loved Canada how it was 2D. That shit had me laughing so hard.

They are both great if you like the show, but they rely too heavily on the new episodes, FBH in particular.
Stick of Truth is kinda short and too easy, FBH is a lot harder, longer but has a lot of things (buddy actions in particular) that just waste your time. Still, you should play both of them, you´ll have a lot of fun.

Attached: mao.gif (220x178, 158K)

They both were great, honestly. Not perfect but both are a blast. If you love the show then definitely snag it. They're extremely faithful.

The cutscenes + combat compilation is only 3 hours and it doesn't skip any encounters:
youtube.com/watch?v=gIGsSApRgzY

Can't imagine that walking around or looking at the UI extends the playtime by that much.

I wish they spent more time and wrote the new episodes over a course of months instead of writing/producing whole show in a matter off a week.

based

What if I liked South Park but have only watched a few new episodes over the last decade?

That was my situation and I still loved it

Reminder that they made no attempt to appeal the decision and they also released it censored on PC despite that PC doesn't need ratings.

The Stick of Truth is a 2014 game and doesn't feature any of the new characters like PC Principal.

Stick of Truth is ok, but the other one is 90% callbacks to newer episodes

SoT is really good. It's fun, it has a good variety of items, the story is pretty cool, side quests are decent and there's a logical progression throughout the game. Simple but fun. I still occasionally replay the game.

FBW is similiar but far worse. There's barely any loot, only items that give slightly more power and they're very scarce. Combat might feel more complex but they take a lot of fucking time and feel pointlessly long, and the gags like the passing car get frustrating as they just take up more time. Sidequests are non-existant. Classes are there but they feel redundant. Farting minigames are tedious. Story is 'who gives a shit' tier. Overall it's a step down in nearly every aspect and I shan't be playing it twice.

In conclusion, first game is really fun albeit it feels like a flash game as someone mentioned, but the second game is utter shit.