Whats Yea Forumss opinion on war thunder?

Whats Yea Forumss opinion on war thunder?

Attached: halo.jpg (600x800, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zLIlG_g1SQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

War Thunder used to be a fun game about WW2 tanks and planes, if you enjoyed WW2 tanks, planes, or both, you gave War Thunder a try.

Now with information-age vehicles like the M1 Abrams, Leopard 2, Cobra and Mil Mi-24 attack helicopters, AND of course a hyper-predatory grind to get any of the cold war vehicles, (let alone modern ones) you will throw your life at this game, get out-tiered, keep throwing your life at this game, keep throwing your life at this game... by the time you realize you've done nothing your entire weekend but advance a yellow bar 6 millimeters towards a tier 5, you'll perhaps be old and wise enough to uninstall it and move on.

weirdos play this game

>has boring game modes
>fixes it by not doing anything but making new tanks to sell

>Yea Forums now hates grindy MMO
I honestly dont get you guys
I remember when people here would call you a dirty casual if you complained about the grind in WoW being to long and Yea Forums used to say ''It was good it kept the shitters out!!''
Are you guys legit bipolar?
>b b but Yea Forums isn't one person!!1

nice for VR

A fun game behind the grind, but the grind is so bad that you'll eventually realize the game isn't worth your time unless it happens to scratch a very niche brand of autism buried deep inside of you. Its most unique feature is early-era jets, but you can't access them without hundreds and hundreds of hours, even if you pay to win, and dozens of hours more to upgrade them so they aren't shit.

Attached: 1550111786353.jpg (2188x1565, 609K)

Again why does Yea Forums suddenly hate grind ?
read

I dont bother with Cold War and above tonks and I'm having fun.

Yea Forums isn't one person

I only started coming here a few weeks ago when my gf left me and I started playing games more, I also am the guy who posted You'd have to be autistic to keep playing WT with their predatory grind.

Grinding these days is just to incentivize people to pay their way to their end goal.

Not an arguement

It's a fact, not an argument. Your statement here isn't valid. There's doesn't need to be an argument against 2+2=7, you understand?

Sooooooo just like classic vanilla WoW ?

No, retard

Consider the following

Imagine being in this much seething denial

Great fun puttering around in VR, don't care for the grind at all.

I loved Gaijin's games on ps3, the IL-2 games? Those were good shit. Great compatibility with flight sticks on the ps3 of all things.

So when I heard they were doing a pc game that was free to play, i was stoked (this was when free to plays in the modern sense were new and we didnt' know that it'd be predatory shit yet).

Then I played it. My flightstick didnt' work, at all. No amount of tuning fixed how wild it was. I tried for about 12 hours total to get it running. Same pc model that their ps3 games supported, too. I was a bit confused as to why. Then I played with teh mouse and realized what they were going for. They didn't want the flight sim market, they wanted f2p fans to play the game and dump money, so they made the best control scheme across nearly all modes mouse and keyboard. They made it so easy, a child could play it.

What's worse was the obvious developer bias. The balance has and always will be fucked. They've never been able to do an adaptive balance like the IL-2 games had. They never had balance that made sense because they were always claiming they wanted realism to be the balance focus when the 'arcade' mode existed. The same tiers from Full real and sim are the same tiers for arcade and vice versa. Didn't pick Russia or Germany? shit out of luck, you just locked yourself into not having fun or restarting the grind all over. Wanted to fly your favorite plane? Maybe after 200 hours of getting out-tiered by another fucking BF109. Try to give up and adapt to the 'realism' balance they strived for? well looks like you're shit out of luck, because even if you try to do shit that plays to your faction's 'strengths', you'll never beat a german or russian plane unless the guy is dog shit, which was nearly impossible on mouse controls. The only limitation was how they coded your plane to work, not yourself as a player. which clashes with the piss easy mouse aim.

Fuck you gaijin. You already made a good one before how did you fuck it up this hard?

I don't know, I can only speak for myself. I don't hate grind. I think comparing War Thunders to an MMO like WoW is comparing apples to oranges. The situations feel very different so it's hard to compare them, but I'll try to anyway. I still sometimes play private servers for old MMOs that would be considered very grindy by today's standards. The thing is, grinding towards a goal in something like Lineage or Dark Ages of Camelot is satisfying. It's consistent. There are smaller goals along the way that are rewarding, like leveling up your skills and seeing your character improve.

War Thunder is not like that. I said those others were satisfying and consistent. In regards to consistency, the xp I get per match varies wildly so there's no way to tell if what I'm after will take me weeks or months. The real problem is how unsatisfying it all feels, though. There are other planes or tanks along the way, but unlocking them is meaningless because 99% of them are shit or throw you into another matchmaking tier and for all practical purposes they only exist as an xp sink on the way to the good shit. And then once (if) you get there, the first thing you do is remove/ignore those old tanks and planes which you used to grind your way up from your hangar because you won't use them in higher tier matchmaking. All that improvement you did along the way is tossed out the window. This is not satisfying. It sucks. If you really want my money, just let me buy a complete game off you. Hell, I'd easily pay over a hundred bucks for a grind-free War Thunder.

>type 90 can survive its own APFSDS round at point blank range IRL
>In game it can be penned by a 50. cal 2 km away

Shitty game for brainlets

planes are all about meta
tanks have zero balance
naval is a joke no way im going to grind a entire week no life for akizuki

Cool. Yea Forums still isn't one person.

After playing a lot of Red Orchestra 2 I wanted a WWII vehicle game and looked into both War Thunder and World of X. What made me choose War Thunder was a combination of better visuals, no HP system, no pay to win ammo, less tech tree grind, and a unified game for combined arms missions. I also noted that War Thunder seems to have a constant promo code out for starting premium and free vehicles, which can be combined with a friend invite that benefits the new account slightly but the older one immensely by way of free premium currency.

Vehicles are divided into tiers and given a Battle Rating on top of that so match making tries to pair people with active units of a similar tier and Battle Rating. Match making seems to err on the side of making a match as opposed to not making a match so on occasion one may encounter a vehicle of a tier or rating higher than one's own highest active unit. This is not really a problem as not being retarded can mean you just get a nice bonus for punching above your weight.

Outside of the more exotic game modes at its core there game has three basic modes:
-arcade: 3 spawns for tanks and boats and however many you have active for planes, segregation for air battles with in air spawning, planes on a point spawn system for naval battles, segregation for tank battles with swapping to random planes based on points, a mini map based on team line of sight, indicators for enemies and friendlies, no repair timer after the match, switchable camera modes, easy control
-realism: 1 spawn with extra awarded for point score, air and navy battles are the same but tank battles are combined arms with planes and planes in all modes spawn on runways, mini map for team positions, a delayed indicator only personally viewable if direct line of sight is made, repair time after a match that can be rushed with in game currency, switchable camera modes, mechanical specs affect control
-simulator: realism with first person cam and minimal hud

Research speed gets exponentially longer with each tier, but tier five of six is when I would say it becomes a real grind.

Also worth mentioning is that tiers tend to have an effect on the nature of combat due to the vehicles placed in each tier. For instance tier one is very fast paced and decisive as most vehicles have great speed, decent guns, and crap armour.

Oh and they tend to balance the game based on technical specs and performance. So one could encounter a post war light vehicle in an early war fight against more heavily armoured unit. Similarly if a vehicle is out performing its peers it may have its tier or Battle Rating increased, or it may have it specs tweaked to something like a prototype variant. So one won't generally encounter situations like the German army being unable to pen the Matilda tank.

A grinding sim worse than world of tanks. This is impressive and sad as the game is better quality.

Oh yeah, the number one reason I got rid of WT was the fact the launcher boots with your PC and there is no way to turn it off. Also it uploads data in the background. Fuck. That.

just play it on steam

It installs its own launcher on steam, there isn't an alternative.

Way too much grind

I'm happy I got to play just at the moment tanks got released. It was a comfy, simpler time.

Yeah but it doesn't launch on start up or run in the background, or at least maybe I was able to turn it off immediately and it was so easy forgot about it.

reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=zLIlG_g1SQE

It keeps out the shitters though right?

playing this has made me realise russians really arent human and all deserve to be slaughtered like livestock