Why is this considered the worst FF game of all time? I never played it...

Why is this considered the worst FF game of all time? I never played it, but everyone acts like it's even worse than Sonic 06

Attached: Final Fantasy XV.jpg (579x640, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S2v-FYCN72M
youtube.com/watch?v=ITfKaUFfx7g
youtube.com/watch?v=v8lvAq_yp_w
strawpoll.me/18318826
strawpoll.me/18318841
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it is.

I'm asking what makes it such a bad game, explain it to someone who never played it

There's more than enough information on the internet about that already.

because it's shit, there are countless posts in forums, in the archive and on youtube that explain exactly why it's shit. Stop baiting.

Attached: Barry.jpg (420x315, 122K)

it's not. XIII is the worst.

Shitty generic faggot main character piece of shit

He was supposed to be a closeted, cold hearted prince who only felt for his closest friends, not happy go lucky le cold one with the boyz faggot FUCK YOU tabata you piece of TALENTLESS HACK SHIT i cannot believe you actually ORDERED THE ART TEAM TO MAKE THE WORLD LOOK MORE BLAND you fucking idiot, yeah just go turn a macbethian epic of royal struggles into your little ROAD TRIP SIMULATOR you fucking imbecile CUNT what the FUCK were you THINKING? HOLD X TO AUTOATTACK ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED? Cut the fucking batchelor party WHY cut the road trip to Accordo WHY FUCK YOU you cut the party which contained so much characterisation potential because they would "be too stressed to have a party during negotiations" despite that LITERALLY HAPPENING in REAL HISTORY with kingdoms in cold war with each other yet its totally fine to FUCK AROUND FISHING DOING FETCH QUESTS IN SCUFFED GTA FOR 15 HOURS WHILE THE KINGDOM BURNS TO THE GROUND what the FUCK You literally added a fucking DMC Grading system to the combat less than a MONTH before launch you literally had NO IDEA what you were DOING tabata you absolute NIGGER. GOODBYE TABATA YOU FUCKING NIGGER. FUCK TABATA NIGGERS.

Attached: IMG_3495.jpg (1200x675, 89K)

>ORDERED THE ART TEAM TO MAKE THE WORLD LOOK MORE BLAND
and the characters

Attached: 1491925980150.jpg (3500x5500, 2.08M)

This

All three FF13 games were an actual atrocity

Personally I'm disappointed because the cancelled DLC. Memes aside, they didn't even finish the game.

I haven't played it either but it just looks so fucking bland character wise.

Most RPGs usually have a somewhat diverse cast of characters. In this game the main cast is four metrosexual japanese men. The differences that I can infer from them (just by looking at them) are basically the same differences I can expect by looking at a Korean boyband, I expect one is the cheerful one, other is the brooding one, etcetera.

It just looks beyond bland. Just looking at the main party pretty much kills any interest I could have in the game because they just look so fucking boring.

>explain it to someone who never played it
You know how people say you can just mash through rpgs?
In XV you can just hold down one button to win.

It's not considered the worst by most, but it's not great no

I like the music and a lot of the characters.

Attached: 1556605027061.png (540x699, 743K)

These guys have a point, OP. You could easily look this up on your own. Early adopters got the short end of the stick because Royal Edition was released with all the downloadable story related content included. They're also the ones that had to watch a lousy movie and a anime miniseries in order to grasp an already shit plot. Before the release of Royal Edition, multiple cutscenes were patched in in order to fix plotholes. The open world is empty as fuck, and the combat involves holding one button to win.

The only good things about this game are probably Episode Ignis, Episode Ardyn, and the character banter.

I loved it

Shitty zoomer combat, glad I pirated it.

It's not. Final Fantasy 2 is. 15 is just mediocre but people had too high of expectations

I wanted to like it. Especially with that ending.

Then I found out the game’s ending isn’t actually the end of the story and tabata was fired meaning the story will likely never be finished. And now I am disappoint.

>All three FF13 games were an actual atrocity

I won't defend XIII, but XIII-2 wasn't so bad. It addresses many of the problems from its predecessor. Lightning Returns was a mixed bag, but I noticed there was a good game whenever I fought bosses.

I like it better than 12.

It has a good waifu maker I suppose.

Attached: 00000211.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

>says waifu
>posts a tranny

Attached: 1562627553380.jpg (930x960, 69K)

I don't think you know what a tranny is.

cope trannylover

Yea Forums is always wrong, keep that in mind.

Did you wake up decide to be a faggot this morning or did you stay up all night sucking cocks?

Because the world is stale, the characters are flat, and the combat is brain dead. The thing I'm trying to figure out is why FF8 is suddenly being brought up as a game deserving of a remaster. That game was considered the worst for the longest time, now it's not. What gives?

everyone had nothing but praise for the steam version for months after release. "people" only started saying it was bad when most people felt they had already talked about it enough and stopped posting in these threads.

No reason to get so mad just because i noticed you like """"women"""" with dicks, user.

Too easy. Like boringly easy.
Plot is too short with uneven pacing and some unexplained stuff some of that explained in DLC but still.
I still liked this game but definitely see why it gets so much hate.

most people start to vomit when they think of ff8, so they leave. the only people that are left are the ones who like the taste of vomit. truly a bad sense of taste.

I'm not mad. I'm just wondering how someone so brain-dead can work a keyboard, especially with what I imagine is ALOT of semen in the eyes.

>keeps talking about sucking cocks and semen
Nice projections there bucko. Stop coming on to me, unlike you i like real females.

Except its not, Barrydrone.

big

The lack of party interaction was the killer fuckup for me
Four apparently close friends travelling together and they barely ever talk to each other

I remember when the trailer came out I was really interested by it. Even though the characters looked like a My Chemical Romance cover band, it reminded me of my angsty teen years so I felt a personal gravitation towards it even though I knew better. Everything else though, seemed really cool. Dramatic music, deep personal story, idealistic Gothic architectural design. I had hoped it would be amazing.

Then I bought the game, and I just drove around the desert for a couple hours in what felt to be the most lifeless game I'd ever played.

The combat was kind of weird, that's the best way I could describe it. You run really far away from something and then teleport to hit it for more damage. The moment your father gets betrayed and killed, which should be a pinnacle moment in the story, is demonstrated with a few poorly edited clips from the Kingsglaive movie, in very poor resolution.

That was kind of the moment I just quit and decided their were better things I need to be doing. I think the art assets of the Final Fantasy universe are incredible, at least for trailers. They seem beyond real life but then the games end up being such a let down. Maybe it's because I'm not Japanese and their is some cultural influence I can't appreciate.

I put 40 hours into FFXV recently, didn't finish the main quest, and spent a lot of my time learning the combat system by beating the everliving fuck out of my teammates at camp sites.
Ask me anything.

How many dicks have you sucked in your life?

Only my own dick.

Incomplete plot on launch- huge chunks of the story were cut out and made DLC, including Good and True ending, with True never even getting DLCs and just being made into a book. Play it now on pc, you'll have good time

Attached: evil prompto.jpg (1917x1077, 346K)

This shit is unforgivable

Attached: 158863724227.jpg (1181x1015, 146K)

how is a fanfiction writing considered as the true ending? the book itself is bad and undermines the bit of the original ending (which again, feel a bit rushed and unearned)

Thet spent half of their budget and dev time making the food look good and it was worth it

Well, all what's happened there everyone being alive and happy except for Ardyn who is dead at last and happy, fucking over the asshole gods, Luna and Noctis's two kids sounds really good especially after seeing original and Ignis endings. Call it headcanon and fanfition, but it's official content from developers and I consider it canon.

>reused assets everywhere
>on rails driving
>mindless repetitive side quests
>basically a single player MMO
>kpop main cast
>awful story that goes nowhere
>the same enemy type over and over
>despite having years to make the game, they farmed out a lot of the work to some third party SEA company that used assets from mobile phone games

This. I refuse to believe that anyone who's played every main game in the series would consider anything but pic related the worst. XV is near the bottom, but at least it had a nice atmosphere and fun party members. I can't recall anything redeeming about FF2 in this day and age.

Attached: Ff2cover.jpg (380x261, 29K)

FF13 is the worst
People only think FF15 is the worst one because of the disappoointment and the hype of the original trailers I can't say I disagree but under Nomura it would've been just as bad, even if the art direction looked way better under Nomura. The other reason is that the post-launch DLC has some potential, like Episode Ignis and Ardyn as and pointed out, but it got squandered by poor management. It's like Type-Zero (another project directed by Tabata) lots of potential but ultimately squandered by shit and pandering. FF15 is bad but not the worst one.

FF13 on the other hand is complete iredeemable garbage, FF15 at least has it's good moments and a fair bit of kino (even if it's few and far between), FF13 just has terrible combat, terrible plot, terrible design, etc.
Everything post Fabula Nova Crystalis has been complete garbage. It was Square attempting to appeal to animefags and failing tremendously and making convulted garbage in the process. Now they are trying to appeal to KHfags with the new combat in VII Remake without realising what made KH good to begin with (not the story definitely, talking about the combat and atmosphere).
Tl;dr, fuck nu-Square

Attached: Black Manta spite.gif (350x565, 151K)

The Emperor is great, although that's got a lot to do with Dissidia.

>Why is this considered the worst FF game of all time?
Who said worst? Just more mediocre and disapointing

Also in response to and To be fair, FF2 has the benefit of a decent plot and characters. Not to mention the fact that the remakes kinda fixed it. FF13 is still far worse because at least it didn't have the excuse of expeimentation and system limitations.

>I'm asking what makes it such a bad game
An open world that's not open nor a world
An action combat that's not action nor a combat
A story that's not a story

I only played the GBA version. How exactly was it fixed? The Dawn of Souls follow up was kind of cool but the terrible progression system trumped everything else for me.

As for FF13, I won't defend it since it deserves all the hate it receives. That said, I had alot of fun with the hunts and how it opened up the combat system. But yes, the "20 hours in till good" meme is true and I wouldn't fault anyone for disregarding the hunts.

1) The so called "open" world is not open at all: it's ridden with invisible walls and unexplorable areas; also, what's explorable is empty as fuck and a chore to traverse
2) The combat is a disaster: the "single button" philosophy, joined with the schizophrenic targeting system, steals control away from you, while dodging is almost entirely useless because of the complete unpredictability of 80% of enemy attacks
3) Only 2 explorable cities and a shitload of fucking boring copy-paste military bases
4) Completely butchered story that looks blatantly incomplete even if you never heard about the development problems
5) A lot of characters have nearly non-existent characterization or development
I could go on, but that's what stands out the most.

There is just one autist on Yea Forums who feels like he was cheated out of FFXIII Versus, so he shits on XV.

I thought he liked FFXV

premium shitpost pic, thanks

Because people waited 15 years for an unfinished game that got cancelled

>Zoomer combat
What

Attached: 1537799295820.jpg (441x379, 46K)

solid pasta.
saved

the combat was supposed to be epic on paper but in reality you always feel like a mosquito.
what a gigantic failure this game is.

This game should have had combat like Dragon’s Dogma.

honestly it is kind of impresive what kind of a piece of shit they delivered after all the criticisms of ff13.

10 years of development time and it still need DLC to complete the story
Some of the story DLC got cancelled
Empty as fuck open world.
Literal Hold O to win combat because the director wanted to cater to Casuals
Character development is either off screeen OR locked behind DLC

>What
see

Attached: Hold O to Win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

It's a tech demo for FF7R

Imagine waiting for over a decade and getting a 4/10 game that was released unfinished, with important plot points being locked behind DLC and movies.

>Sonic 06

Attached: 1560701014090.jpg (1080x2580, 703K)

It's the only game of the ps1/2 era that doesn't have a remaster and square needs to milk the franchise for all its worth

>Literal Hold O to win combat because the director wanted to cater to Casuals
*because the director thought everyone has crippling arthritis like himself

It's Casual Pandering

Attached: 1538265408487.jpg (749x1111, 178K)

I bought FFXV on release, Day One Edition, and loved it. I played the DLC and liked it, less, but liked it.
I played the Royal Edition and it is a solid mid-tier Final Fantasy now, even despite the problems with its story.

The only people who disagree haven't played it, they just watched teh same fucking videos on YouTube and then armchair critique

Attached: Annotation 2019-06-16 120657.png (1282x411, 208K)

I put 45 hours into the PS4 day one edition.
I've put another 70 hours in on PC.
It's a great game.

>The only people who disagree haven't played it

I bought FFXV in Christmas 2016.

I found it to be so mediocre that I didn't get any of the DLCs

>4 above 5 and 6
>15 on the same level as 5
Don't disgrace 5 like that.

Attached: 1562837119618.png (1940x1336, 1.6M)

4 has a better story and original release has more challenge than 5. 6 is just a boring fucking game, never challenging and builds are just irritating.

5's flaws are equivalent to 15's strengths

>V and IX that low
>VIII not bottom tier
>2 games in "lol didn't play" tier
>XII that high
Shit list tbqh senpai

IX has agonizingly slow combat, that's as high as it can go.
VIII has redeeming qualities but I understand
if you only play XI or XIV they're S tier. If you play any other video games they're still shit compared to them. I have a level 70 PLD

>FFI below XV
>FFIX on the same level as XV
>FFXII on the same level as FFVI
>FFXII being that high despite being the XV of it's generation
Shut the fuck up

Attached: Cooler Punch.png (413x296, 180K)

15 had strengths?

Attached: FF tiers.png (1280x732, 366K)

>if you only play XI or XIV they're S tier
Gonna need some elaboration on this, fampai. Currently playing XI right now.

Solid list. I'd bring IV and X up a bit higher and slightly elevate XV but I can agree with most of this.

>and slightly elevate XV

fuck no.

Better than VIII or II
Has good comfy atmosphere and party chemistry. That's enough to make it better than the other two but not by much.

There are so many problems with this. I'm glad it's this class of retard that thinks I'm wrong.

This.
youtu.be/S2v-FYCN72M

Attached: dragon’s dogma concept art.jpg (2500x1563, 747K)

>it's comfy to it's good!

stupidest defense out there

The story is bland and uninvolving, the combat is deceptively basic, shallow, and clunky with major oversights of obvious balance flaws, the sidequests are samey and unoriginal, and the open-world exploration is unfinished and clashes immensely with a plot focussed on revenge that features a very clear sense of urgency.

The game is pretty average, but it's flaws are magnified in people's eyes because they've been scorned by Square Enix, who focused more on ancillary content and failed to deliver the game in a timely fashion or even in a finished state. It's doubly bad on Yea Forums because of Barry and his championing of the game, which is so obnoxious, it has had the opposite effect, driving many people to hate the game even more.

For real though, i prefer Noctis's personality in the duscae demo, im guessing that content was directed by Nomura since it wasn't in the final game & Noctis was changed in the final version

Attached: FFXV_Money[1].jpg (1366x768, 90K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ITfKaUFfx7g

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-14 094626.jpg (785x365, 40K)

youtube.com/watch?v=v8lvAq_yp_w

Fuck off with that shit, Eyepatch Wolf's video is super fucking lazy and doesn't actually reflect an understanding of lore OR the game's development.

He brings up "Why don't they have walls" and the answer is that the light of cities is what turns away demons.

He says Nomura demanded to make V13 a musical which is an entirely fucking wrong rumor, he just remarked that he liked Les Miserables.

It's a terrible, terrible fucking video that retarded clueless bumblefucks like you take at face value because you have no critical thinking.

At least they tried to include gameplay for the first time since Tactics. Even as a trainwreck, it is still far better than X and XIII.
It's a video game who cares about the characters,

XV was mediocre to decent in a few parts. It's mid to low tier but definitely not the worst game, which goes to either XIII or II. I'm going to give it to XIII

I'm praising the laid back road trip atmosphere the game obviously wants to convey and successfully does so. It's a legitimate strength given the design goal.

It's still better than XIII because of how interesting & disastrous the development was, you can blatantly tell there was 2 directors fighting for creative vision, everything after chapter 9 is obviously Nomura (albeit very unfinished) & it doesn't match with Tabata's vision else where in the game

works every time. Hi Barry

boomer tard

>DON'T POST CRITICISM ABOUT THIS GAME

That's not true. Non of that dlc was planned and it was going to feel tacked on as fuck. It shows with the shit show that is Episode Ardyn.

this game makes even FFXIII look good, and that's saying a lot

It's not, it's the most ok game to ever exist. Which makes it bizzare why people keep bringing it up.

Prove me wrong retard, I'm not fucking Barry. XV has a lot of flaws and isn't as good as KH3 or NieR.

Don't post shitty, lazy criticism that is done for YouTube clicks.

FF7R isn't open world

it's far from ok with that "story" and "combat"

Not to the point where people have actually interesting things to say about them.

You know what's even lazier than the video? The combat in XV.

Not if you're in actual challenging situations, and not if you're trying to avoid potion spam.

Here's an idea: most Final Fantasy's have as lazy combat as XV

>Not if you're in actual challenging situations
which the game doesn't have unless you bought DLC

>lazy combat as XV
those games also aren't arpgs

>XII that high

cope

Attached: 1564985464.png (1154x1422, 764K)

So fucking what
That's no excuse for bad combat

>That's no excuse for bad combat
I know xv has bad combat, you don't need to tell me twice

It's a solid 8/10, Yea Forums loves games a hundred times worse, but of course we can't just admit that and move on because memes

I was in the same spot where X was "my" game but then coming back to XII I recognize it's the better game

>It's a solid 8/10
why

and a whiteknighting ban evading fanboy

>Yea Forums loves games a hundred times worse
Such as?

Yes Dunkey is a fat FAS faggot what's your point

I liked XII but have yet to play remaster. If it surpasses X I'll be pleasantly surprised.

It's a great game. It's basically FFT's successor and the most mature story the mainline series has had. I used to hate it but now it's my favourite FF by far

It's a tremendous waste of time. I've never seen a game with more effort put into it that amounted to so little. It's a game that managed to be less than the sum of its parts, where you can see an enormous amount of work that went into each individual aspect of the game, but then it completely fails to come together to form anything interesting. A huge amount of flashy combat animations and attacks is ruined by a poorly designed hold-buttons combat system, a big beautiful open world fantasy landscape is hamstrung by the least engaging travel mechanic ever made, elaborate minigames end up being entirely pointless and an active detriment to the pacing, and an interesting premise with a giant mixed-media backing ends up being botched with one of the most disjointed and unsatisfying stories I've ever seen in any video game.

It's a game where all you see is wasted potential. A huge development team given enormous amounts of money and time are all let down by an incomprehensible directorial failure.

>i have a 70 class
so you dont play the game got it

Cut out the retarded timeskip and imperials and the game would have been good.

>ranking V and IX on the same level as XIII-2 and XV
that's a big yikes list frend
Pretty solid. I would lower XIII-2 and X-2 one tier, and XII one up personally. Possibly put IX into S together with VI. Those 2 are pretty much the pinnacle.

Vaan being the MC really dampened the story for me. Balthier was amazing and I can't help but think of what could've been.

You're such an obsessive retard. What do you get from that game?

Yeah because XIII-2 and XV have better gameplay than IX and story than V

>dismissing MMOs because you never played them when XIV has the best FF story since VI
As expected of a XVfag. Reminder that both MMOs have better combat than your fucking one-button arthritis simulator, and a better story with better characters to match.

>when XIV has the best FF story since VI
nope, even HW isn't as good as VII-XII. Congrats though, it's better than XIII's story!
>both MMOs have better combat than your fucking one-button arthritis simulator
Every character plays the same with similar combos, animations, sound effects. It's a boring fucking game.
At least XV has weapon types. At least XIII has paradigm shifts.

HW might not have been as good as the likes of XII, I don’t feel particularly strongly about it, but Shadowbringers certainly was just as good.
And yeah, claiming “every character plays the same” is the only proof one needs to see you haven’t played it. Not only because it’s false, but because it clearly shows you don’t know what you’re talking about.

>And yeah, claiming “every character plays the same” is the only proof one needs to see you haven’t played it.
I've played melee DPS, tank, ranged DPS, and caster DPS. They're all the same. Haven't played healer but healer is always different.

At least Ardyn was a solid antag.

Attached: ardyn.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

true but Episode Ardyn actually ruined him. I'm glad they stopped the second season of DLC, they would have tarnished every character

Which are the 3 best ones anons. Let's work it out
strawpoll.me/18318826

Ardyn was my husbando. Shame his peak performance was canned to books

Attached: healer manga.jpg (1915x1075, 177K)

I can only pick one.

U mad bro?

Forget FF. It's just not a very good game.
>Interesting combat system that you'll never use because it's more effective to just spam chain attacks
>Big open world that you'll never explore because all of the side quests are boring MMO style grinds
>Cool car that you can't control until a good way into the game, and even on cruise control it's boring because they recorded hardly any travelling dialogue
>Big epic story that you don't fully understand unless you watch the accompanying movie
>Characters that you won't ever understand the backstory of unless you watch the accompanying anime
>Constant, ceaseless, unending, ambushes. The game has more random encounters than perhaps any other FF game despite not even having a real random encounter system
>Game is basically impossible to lose since healing items are cheap and can be spammed
>Can't build a caster character, instead you're stuck with three sword dudes and a gun dude
It aint great.

pick 3

strawpoll.me/18318841

13 was worse.

15 was good for like 9 chapters then it became really shit.

13 was terrible for 4 chapters, then good for 4 chapters, then shit for the remainder of the game. People only like it because they want to fuck Lightning's armpits.

Just a circlejerk, it's a fine open world adventure game, DLC makes it perfectly worth it.

the fact that its open world, but theres 0 reason to explore, is the worst. the only reason to not go directly to quest markers ever is pitioss

Ah sorry, messed it up. But user got my back

>15 was good for like 9 chapters then it became really shit.
Did you play it with the DLC? Because it makes those late chapters much better but the established circlejerk still pretends they're somehow bad. Why are they bad? The train ride is comfy af. The dungeon on the train is a bit weird, but it hits you hard emotionally because you're fucking playing with a blind party member. That's interesting in my book. Now Niflheim is a bit shit, agreed, but it's a streamlined shit at this point. Everything post time skip is great, especially now that it has been expanded.

Because the fact that the game needed DLC to flesh those parts out is bad enough on its own.

A hack thought he was a genius for trying to do something literally everyone else knew was fucking retarded.

Attached: XV combat.jpg (444x221, 68K)

>Why are they bad? The train ride is comfy af. The dungeon on the train is a bit weird, but it hits you hard emotionally because you're fucking playing with a blind party member.

Actually, you're right about that. It was a pretty heartbreaking moment, especially when you're sitting around eating some cup noodle instead of a lovely cooked meal at the camp site. I guess I was just annoyed with how slow the section was and how long you stay underground with a gimped member the feeling of "fuck me this is annoying" outweighed the "holy shit, he's blind" moment.

I'd say after Ardyn comes and kicks Prompto off the train it becomes terrible. The entire section where you have to save Prompto is the lowest point of the game, and the boss rush gauntlet at the end was fucking atrocious. I bugged out TWICE on the Prompto fight because I was killing the boss too quickly for the mandatory switch to occur.

Since most ITT is a fucking retard, I'll explain it in bulletpoints:
>open world is just a bunch of sidequests that mean and contribute nothing
>combat system is very easy for enemies your level, can dodge everything and just heal even if 0hp
>the combat system is ridiculously spongy if fighting anything higher than your immediate level, as fights will take forever
>easy to get fucked by places that appear low level but actually house something level 99 with little means to escape
>avoiding sidequests means less leveling up, meaning you have to do the boring quests that are usually always fetch shit
>little character customization in terms of weapons and armor
>magic system is clunky, still have no idea how to mix -aga spells to this day
>can't travel half the time, have to camp out end of day unless you want to get fucked up by monsters 3x your level

Now for the story related stuff
>open world ends about 25% into the story, but if you do all the sidequests you'll have like 40 hours on the clock by then and feel burned out
>story isn't explained well at all, characters have very little connection to each other, even the main four don't seem fleshed out enough
>motivations seem vague, at some point not even sure why you're going where you're going
>story becomes worse than linear as you take a literal train across most of the world. You wonder if developers actually planned on making the places on the map that you pass into real places you can explore.
>the few places you can explore prior to the literal railroading are filled with meaningless sidequests
>the one thing that makes you feel anything in game makes you feel like absolute shit

part 1/2

If you aren't holding down the attack button the entire fight, you hold down the dodge button because the camera angles do not accommodate 5+ enemies swarming you and outside of parry prompts, there is no way to tell when an enemy is about to strike. God it was annoying and hardly satisfying.

Now for the endgame
>when you finally get to the destination as fated, you begin the endgame there. It's a 2 hour long maze that's just boring NPC fight after boring NPC fight, disguised as a stealth section you can just charge through and press one button to instantly kill everything on screen (yes you can actually do this)
>timeskip out of nowhere, exiting timeskip shows you zero character development
>can't explore world after timeskip even though it should be awesome based on what little story is told to you
>attempting to explore world after timeskip gives you nothing
>very final part of the game doesn't allow you to explore anything. Except in the newest version which allows you to but it's boring and useless to do so
>finale feels like it was all for nothing, with characters you barely got to know

If anyone else wants to fill in more, feel free. But I just beat this game maybe 2 months ago and I am still disappointed.

All I remember is the first few hours being boring af. Felt like there was a much more exciting story going on elsewhere

I spent the whole game underleveled so for me it was
>enemy does AoE
>I dodge and am fine
>1-3 if my party memebers die
>I pick them up
>repeat forever

This is like saying Terra is the MC of FFVI. This is not true, they all have mostly equal importance. The story is as much about Basch or Ashe than it is about Vaan

I just played the Zodiac Age and I think the original is better for combat. My characters felt cripped most of the game, to the point where I wondered why not just have everyone either as a black mage with knight armor or as a knight/white mage so I can heal. Everyone felt like a glass cannon by the end, to the point where I spent the last bosses having a dedicated healer spam curaja while everyone else was in the red after every other attack.

>If anyone else wants to fill in more, feel free.
The item system is inherently broken, letting you freely spam up to 99 items in battle without consequence. Turn-based or ATB games cost you a move and kh limited items per battle, but in XV it makes all encounters easy as as fuck
What makes this worse is the fact that the game gives you a good amount of time to revive your party members, making it almost impossible to get a game over screen.
The game is mesh of old versus xiii ideas and tabata's ideas and they don't really mix too well. Gathering the 13 weapons was implied to be something you did in vxiii, but in the final game they sort of forget about it half-way through. The heroine was supposed to be a strong figure in the game. They couldn't fit the old one in, so they made a supposedly even better one to replace her, then made her do nothing all game until she take a dagger to the chest.
Your party members don't have a lot of depth in the main game, with one scene with prompto actually feeling someone got character development. They purposely left out events in the main game to sell off separately as dlc.

Vote on top 3

strawpoll.me/18318841

Attached: 4472522-the+money.jpg (1022x576, 52K)

>le you just didn't play it!!
Meanwhile you would just as soon say "well if you hated it that much why did you play so much?"

It's a pretty fucking trash game with very little redeeming qualities. Even the graphics are all over the place, gorgeous in one scene then butt ugly in another. It's kinda nice to explore the wilderness and dungeons, although even there the variety is non-existant, it's filled with Oblivion tier grass fields with trees and rocks copy pasted over it

Attached: Capture.jpg (258x112, 8K)

I can recognize its trash, but it's fun and enjoyable like no other FF

shadowbringers hype still in full swing

It was fun to explore. And I played about the same number of hours. But it left me wanting more from what I experienced. By the end I was just racing to the finish.

Wrong. The story is more about Basch and Ashe than it is about Vaan. Vaan and Penelo are literally only there because the team felt they needed some standard young pretty boy/girl for Japanese audiences.

Cant you just mash O to win in every single final fantasy? There are very few fights that cant be won with just physical attacks.

This. There are even cutscenes where Ashe and Basch are talking business with Balthier giving his input, and then interrupted by autistic screeching in the background by Vaan and Penelo.

Beat the game twice,on release and on pc.I guess people are just butthurt and blinded by nostalgia.The game ist fine.

I don't know if Duscae was directed by Nomura because Duscae pretty much downright states that the Imperial Invasion isn't in the game.
I am pretty sure that Duscae was just one of Tabata's early drafts that then got gutted
I heard the starscourge involved some kind of blood moon and death worship and Ninja villages were a thing, and the two pet dogs actually had some kind of significance, Ravus also still played a different role.
Then Square Enix and/or Tabata then scrapped it for either no reason or they ran out of time. Either one is possible.

In some of them but it feels more insulting when they make something that feels like it could've been a nice blend between JRPG action combat and DMC-style combat but then it manages to be even more braindead than the most simple menu-based JRPG

Attached: 20181027130453_1.jpg (2560x1440, 500K)

I don't have any nostalgia because I knew nothing about it until I played it, and the only other FF game I played prior was FFX. i didn't like it.

I like Sonic 06

Its not but only because 2 exists. Its still garbage

Why is 8 so hated?

Same. I don’t even play that much Final Fantasy and I still thought that the game sucked.

>every single final fantasy
FF games were menu based and you just navigated a menu the whole time, pressing a button to confirm a single action
XV is arpg, meaning you are free to move, attack, dodge, etc., whenever or wherever. But the game is so easy that you can mash or hold O for a good chunk of the fights while spamming potions

This.

Square should have faith in the final fantasy name. The games would sell if they were turn based. I would love to see a modern FF in the style of DQXI.

>if they were turn based
t.brainlet

VI, XII and XIV, no contest.

Attached: 1561764780044.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

You really shouldn't try to write romance if you don't know how to.
And nobody in the entire video game industry knows how to.

>The games would sell if they were turn based.
They sell regardless of what they're combat is like
>in the style of DQXI.
Go play FFX hd

it is settled

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-14 115730.jpg (662x712, 66K)

You haven't followed the story. Vaan lost everything because of the Empire and he is the one who is the most implicated in liberating his people from them.
Ashe's character development uses Vaan as a crucial point as he is more mature than her and he is the one who have lived through the atrocities of the Empire. Not her. And your information is wrong, they were always going to be a character like Vaan, they just didn't want to make it a young character. Vaan is crucial to the story whether you believe it or not, it's a fact.

Not even 200 votes yet, let’s keep it alive for more results

Other way around, it’s one autist that defends it, because everyone else knows it’s flawed.

So it's hated just because of the story and not for gameplay?

The magic system in the game is very broken as well. Take FFXV's magic system, remove all limitations, and suddenly buyable -aga spells within the first few minutes of the game.

IHere's an normal answer since everyone here is circle jerking, I finished everything including DLCs.

Imagine you're playing an adaptation of The Two Towers story from LotR but you don't know it's a trilogy.
You start the game without context, you don't know who Frodo is, nor his ffriend, what is this ring, why they are in the mountains trekking or how they ended up here.

You still follow the story in hopes it gets clearer but it's really hard to get into it since you can't relate to any of those people. The world seems interesting though.

Then you arrive at the end of the game where they kill a giant spider and that's it. No explanation.
You will have to buy DLCs Community of the Ring and Return of the King to understand who' who.

To be fair the game delivers on certain aspects. Graphics, music and some epic moments.
When you ride a chocobo, swimming on submerged ruins lit by the rising sun, I thought it wan't so bad.
Some epic fights happens. But none of those moments last long.

The real, interesting story to get from this is how Square Enix acted to make this happen. Almost bankrupted and put everything on the line.

Attached: ff15bef.gif (540x391, 2.93M)

There have been normal answers. See and

I'm usually not a fan of stuff like this. But XV was a great game and I enjoyed it all the way through. Even took time to 100% it. Listening to Yea Forums's opinion in 2019 isn't worth it. You're better off playing this "generic anime game" rather than something actually bad like NieR Automata.

Attached: eRKY4Pp.jpg (701x363, 81K)

They are recycled circle jerk posts.

Well I wrote mine from memory, 2 months after I played it. So whatever.

Nah man, you just have bad taste.

>completely valid points
>circle jerk
Ok

I have a very weird taste in FF games.
Judge my taste.

Attached: my-image.png (1064x467, 255K)

it was thrown in at the last second, duscae combat was good but they decided it's final fantasy so they need magic right?

wrong

Because it was too short. I loved the game but after you get to a certain point in the story everything feels rushed. Shame really, the whole road trip with the boys feeling was awesome.

meant to greentext
>FFXV's magic system

also comrades magic system is good & likely what we would have got if the game released in 2017

Your taste isn't too far removed from the general. Noticable differences being your ranking of the XIII games and FF2. In that regard, your taste ranges from good to total shit.

After replaying FFX and FFXII, I fully believe Vaan is more important to the story than Tidus was in FFX.

Putting II, X and XIII so high and XII in the bottom tier pretty much makes this a completely disposable list made by someone who understands nothing about FF or vidya in general.

How so? I'm genuinely curious, because I don't feel Vaan contributed much. Did he ever make a decision to do anything? Tidus felt like a mouthpiece of Yuna and her entorage's inner feelings, because he was not constrained by any perceived taboos of questioning the status quo. For that I think he was important.

There wasn't going to be another game to take the top spot but VII. But what has happened with the status of IX over the past few years? It used to be placed below IV, VI, VIII and X by so most. Now it often reaches top or near top spots in lists of both official gaming channels as well as fans. What has happened in the last couple of years that made it that way?

Attached: Ranksofar.png (660x875, 22K)

In my personal opinion Final Fantasy as a franchise is incredibly overrated, this game is fine for what it is, I really don't find it any more offensive than 8 with its unending tutorials and boring plot.

I guess Noctis is kinda meh? But then again it's not like Cloud is above meh either.

is good at the start of the game, my favorite parts is when they are travelling in the car and you can see them talking, singing, playing with each other and sometimes, just in total silence; this humanizes them so much making it one of the reasons i like this game. Too bad the ending is trash.

Personally I think it's so bad because story and world wise it had so much potential. They could have done a lot of cool shit with it but in the end we got a pretty dull and unexciting game with a lot of boring locations.

let's not pretend XV would be any better with nomura at the helm after KH3

Attached: chad.gif (320x214, 2.66M)

improvements to emulation

episode ardyn did not ruin him one bit
you have to keep in mind there was some subtle fuckery going on with its presentation, bahamut and somnus being "uber evil" was from ardyn's perception and in both the DLC and the prologue anime, when ardyn "dies", you get a glimpse of the truth (setting changes, somnus looks completely different, etc.)

>at the helm after KH3
Not really any different from any other kh game.

based

People's games finally finished loading. Seriously though, it's a good game, and certainly shouldn't be lower than games like VIII and X.

Dunno about that. In XV I can literally hold circle with one hand and win most battles. Seems pretty lazy to me.

>We didn't get Mafia King Regis
Worst Timeline

yeah, that shit sucks after the first one

Attached: big papi.jpg (300x200, 8K)

ok

This but without the racism

>FFVI being the "best" story in the series at that point

Attached: 1554422226041.jpg (226x258, 31K)

13 is worse

because it fucking sucks.

This

because jared dies

176 hours here

That's because Vaan was actually part of the world he inhabits and not an outsider. The story of fighting the Empire wouldn't have been as effective if you didn't see a first-hand account of why they're terrible. Also while Vaan cannot be considered as Ashe's mouthpiece, she is his moral compass and instead of seeking revenge blindly, Vaan is here to remind her that she is fighting for a cause: the liberation of her people, rather than just for her selfish needs. Ashe wouldn't have come as far without Vaan.

Since this is an FF thread, I'm playing FFX and shit's been going pretty smoothly until the final boss. I've watched some youtube videos of it and people are generally way more leveled up than I currently am. Is this normal? I'd like to finish the story but apparently I have mismanaged the sphere grid when I thought it was doing fine and have to do some grinding and side quests to beat him.

Consider getting all the aeons. At least that sidequest is fun, unlike the shitty sigil hunt.

keep using breaks on him until they land, he has resistance but isn't immune to any of the breaks. if you're going to take out the yu pagodas make sure to not overkill them, as they gain the difference between their max health and overkill amount as bonus health when they revive. Tidus can cancel out his overdrive twice with the talk command, but this won't happen anymore after the second time. Use your aeons to block overdrives of the boss in his first form, when he pulls out his sword, ideally use Tidus's talk command if he hits overdrive there