EDF

Did you tell her you love her, rookie?

What level y'all on?

Attached: 1544809033088.png (850x1206, 1.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TfMSSGydndQ
weapon.edf.jpn.com/5_eng/f.html
leafierlemon.com/edf5/calc.shtml
youtu.be/XOnxthzTTCY?t=687
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As nice as the ass is, I still think the first wing diver armor looks better.

Thats good to say

Am I the only one that likes looking inside the buildings to see whats in there?

Attached: 20190713223953_1.jpg (2560x1440, 920K)

I also like looking at the different vending machines.

Attached: 20190713201345_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.09M)

Any tips as fencer vs wasps?

39 on Hard. It's intense

I just take the occasional peek but usually Im getting too shot up by frogs or aliens to get a good look

is there a Yea Forums lobby?

Mission 9. I want my UMRA.

How can I say that if I AM the wing diver

Can we get a /vg/ general already

Why is this game absolutely destroying my thumbs? I only played for around five hours, my hands feel like they're gonna fall off.

I'm at 70-something. The stages past the mid-50's kinda blend together. Feels a bit filler to be honest. I hear the ending in this one is spectacular though so I'll power through.

Were you in games with me? It seems that all night I've just been in rooms where we get to 39 and then the host quits.

Nah. Been playing in private matches. That mission goes hard though

Level 8 I want to get of the shitty daredevil wing diver uniform already

On 32 (31) now. Mission 12 was where I stopped being able to play each mission as each class on hard without much difficulty, so I mostly only did it as one class after that. 29 hard walled me so I dropped to easy just to force clear it, 30/31 I did on normal, 32 I'm going to try hard again as air diver. I haven't really got any 'killer' weapons but that's a given since hard mode, not hardest or inferno.

>can barely make it to the end of a mission on hard
>just breeze through everything on normal
Is it supposed to be like this early game? Had to knock down the difficulty for missions 6 and 9 so far.

Take it one ship at a time. Defeat all enemies attracted to the action, rinse and repeat. M38 is infinitely harder since the game doesn't give you a break at all. If you can deal with that, you can deal with this.

This is my first EDF game. I love playing Wing Diver. I can't find it in me to switch to other fighters without my sky high fly and die style. Jet packs rule!

so is it better then 4.1?

yes

yeah

Am I just getting unlucky or did air raider get shafted in vehicles in this game.
I only have one tank by level 20 and the ranger has the same version.

Depends on if loosing railguns and brute/nereid counts as unlucky

Lots of gameplay improvements. Wing Diver has a dash and can sing. But the dialogue isn't as good and the mech is worse.

Im on frogs, and they are fucking hard to kill.

I like the dialogue more for 5
Especially air raider's air strikes

Cleared the game. Now farming weapons on 87 inferno.

>humanity shuts down peace talks at the beginning
Why are humans such murderous assholes? We could've been trading with them by now.

Cannon shot. It literally shreds the wasps in the air.

That or a missile launcher.

>implying the ayys didn't just kill the negotiation team on sight

Fuck spiders
Sincerely a wing diver main

I enjoy the game but don't enjoy any of the classes. For me at least Ranger is the most consistent.

>ayy lmaos' shotgun stun you in place
Bull-fucking-shit.

What's the best Wing Diver weapon?

Wait till you see laser cannons or miniguns or flamethrowers

Lances and rapiers

Thunder Crossbow or stardust cannon spammed at low/min charge will stun lock hordes of ants, spiders and pillbugs and makes them a non issue. Low damage but you add a few bigger charges into the spam to cleave through bigger swathes.

>first barga mission
>the controls cover half the screen even if you aren't the pilot
>seemingly no way to remove it
please don't tell me I have to deal with this shit every time I replay this mission

Bullshit stun-locking death ray is what those lasers are.

Attached: BY THE EMPRAH.png (481x394, 239K)

Air strike dialogue is pretty good, but we haven't got Ohara and you don't get great dialogue like "Did you have lunch?"

The troops still have great random dialoge

Shoot legs/arms and then go for the head. Wgen you get better guns just go straight for the head

you typically do most missions on normal then go back for harder difficulties.

The satellite girl hasn't returned for me yet anyway.
That is the only let down, artillery guys are great tho.

wait until you get the spritefall, its not on the typical barge lasers.

Finished the set of cave missions with the queen ants.

Don't worry, our suits are acid resistant.

I didn't say it's not great, just that it isn't as good.

>destroy command ship
>"Is that... God?"

Attached: e42.png (600x431, 331K)

user, they're hiring part timers, this is your time to shine. Walk in there and get that job!

Fuck that, just join the EDF and get 10/20k.

You should join the Army!
Being a soldier is great civilian!

When do I get a new rapier that I don't have to charge up like a fucking super soaker?!

Attached: 1461291630595.gif (600x338, 736K)

For me it's Phalanx. It literally melts frogs in one second if you can sneak up on them. You will need a core that boosts weapon charge speed though.

>last mission on Inferno as Fencer

Attached: negative man.png (252x196, 61K)

>he doesnt want that sweet EDF pension

Do you play kb+m or controller?

My FPS went to absolute shit with the controller for some reason. Switched to k+m and it's been more stable than in 4.1 since.

Why is Ranger so much stronger than everyone else, at least in the start?
Playing with two friends on Hard, and up to mission 16, Ranger is literally always strong while the other three do well on some missions but die over and over on every other mission.

About when do I get even better Lancer dashing? +1 dash is still super slow compared to infinitely dashing in 4.1.

Don't forget your jazz, soldier!
youtube.com/watch?v=TfMSSGydndQ

Stick aiming is too slow when I go fast as fencer and increasing the sensitivity just makes aiming even more unreliable.

Ranger weapons are all pretty straight forward and relatively strong to compensate how vanilla he is compared to other classes

>5 months before even trying out shooting the open hatch
The research team this time around is fairly slow.

Also where does this game take place in the EDF canon? The story doesn't seem like a direct sequel to 2025.

Yeah, the aiming is much better, but all the dodging and spamming EDF is somewhat easier on the controller

Isn't 5 another reboot?

I though EDF5 was about first encounter?

>taking a special vehicle/weapon back to the "civilian" missions gets you special dialogue
Neat.

5 is a reboot, it takes place in 2022.

I tried playing with my PS4 pad but the button layout was shit (shooting with the shitty r2 trigger, special ability with the left stick button) and was too lazy to fix it so kb+m.

>7 hours in
>still not even 5% completion rate
how long is this game?

Reboot 2022, edf is a PMC now

What mission are you on?

its counting doing every mission on every difficulty as every class, plus unlocking all the weapons
and doing it again for singleplayer v multiplayer

Counts all classes and difficulties. There're a bit over 100 missions

>too lazy to fix it
Literally just go into the control menu and bind them.

what the fuck

Attached: 1007040_20190714045452_1.png (1920x1080, 3.38M)

Mission 12 on Hard is horseshit. I get grabbed from a million directions and my HP just evaporates.

Attached: Species Beta.jpg (720x405, 75K)

I like the closed laser for long range sniping enemies then switching to the lightning bow when they finally get close.

come back later with real weapons

You brightened the day of some lone Japanese environmental artist out there.

Attached: 1562365838553.gif (263x337, 869K)

Best way to deal with the Armored Aliens as Ranger?
Using corners with shotgun works somewhat, but very risky and damaging.

Is that 'spreading disaster'? That was the mission I stopped clearing as all classes on. I cheesed it as wing diver with a plasma cannon and boost spamming from high buildings on one side of the map to the other and then shooting from above, repeating when they got close. As ranger I cleared it with the shotgun, some assault rifle, but primarily the free bike because it's really good.

REEEEEE

Attached: 1007040_20190714051143_1.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

I had to use the basic assault rifle and rocket launcher and weaved in between the buildings. Barely did it with the gear at that time but it is doable in offline. Online is entirely different.

2 questions
Sometimes I finish a mission with a lot of crates on the ground still. Is that basically just lost upgrades?
Also are collecting drops the only important thing to advancement or do things like how fast you completed the mission objective, people or buildings saved or enemies killed matter?

I switched to air raider

Post YFW a japs chad join your game and carry you through the game while being friendly communicating through the voice lines.

Attached: Kasen2.png (473x473, 107K)

>Sometimes I finish a mission with a lot of crates on the ground still. Is that basically just lost upgrades?
If they're armor and weapon crates, yes.

>Also are collecting drops the only important thing to advancement or do things like how fast you completed the mission objective, people or buildings saved or enemies killed matter?
Getting more armor and better weapons is all that matters. How fast you can complete a mission can serve as a decent benchmark to see if you're in a good position but otherwise nothing else matters.

Depending on your luck and if there are lots of un-picked up green crates. Green crates give weapons, and dups have high chance to upgrade your existing weapons. Some may even double a certain stats after 1 upgrade.

Pro tip as a wing diver don't abandon your team on hard missions and fuck off to the other side of the map.

Nah, they deserve it for being slow.

So what happened to that Starship Troopers crossover from the announcement trailer?

It's in the Gook version.

Attached: NUKITASH no.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

Is this just a mistranslation or are there just no frogs in Japan?

Fencer and Air Raider need specific weapons for each mission. As Ranger you just pick assault/Shotgun and you can clear 99% of all missions

>About when do I get even better Lancer dashing? +1 dash is still super slow compared to infinitely dashing in 4.1.
You do dash jump now.

If you're talking about mission 46 (and especially 47), apply what you're supposed to do against the frogs. Take out their weapon arm, then legs, then focus on the head. T1 Stork is my go-to weapon as Ranger, and it works wonders against these guys too.

No they are literally called immigrants in the jap version

They are called alien in the Japanese version. Or sometimes uchujin.

fuck this mission to be honest senpai

I think I was doing the ships in the wrong order. When I got to the second to last one left, fencers joined in...

Mfw EDF 5 is a better milsim then arma 3

Attached: 1561820296327.jpg (728x1024, 183K)

It's that famous Japanese humor you've no doubt heard so much about.

mfw EDF5 is a better mecha game than mecha games

This game would be literally perfect if vehicles didnt control like ass

get higher level ones

They should get much better once you unlock some higher level ones.

I wish all of WD's weapons were good. Both 5 and 4.1 have the same problem where the Idunn in 4.1 and the various short-range arcing electric guns just totally dominate outside of niche applications where various other weapons happen to outshine them to the point where you're carrying some spark vine or spark whip or some variation on it on 70% of missions.

Also the laser guns turning shittier as the magazine empties is the worst fucking thing. I hate it.

I've played EDF before, they dont get better

>dropping the difficulty

I'm almost to 60 and am still hard baby

I miss when Sandlot made mecha games.

Lances, rapiers and the pulse guns are decent if you can aim it in air

SHHHHHH WING DIVER IS SLEEPING....

Attached: EDF5_2019_07_14_12_34_54_401.jpg (1920x1080, 1.18M)

I always treat the laser guns as having 50% of the stated capacity.
Half a magazine of the Destroyer Blasters usually does for whatever mob of enemies I'm facing down at current.

the new song is absolute garbage and i can't get over it

what song

Are you kidding me? Being a bumbling retard is part of the fun. If motorbikes controlled any differently and just had the player glued to the seat with all those impossible angles and shit youre doing it would be nowhere near as fun to master using
>starting to be able pull off drifts where you can slide past groups of enemies doing a strafing run and keep going without immediately falling off from doing a tight turn
The bikes are so fun now, goddamn. The only vehicle I have a serious issue with is helicopters, they are just trash. I get that they dont want something that basically sits out of combat and cant be hit but its just so goddamn slow and awkward to control, I would like to see someone get good with them just to see if its possible.

>going through caves in dead silence with team that hasn't communicated once
>get bored and throw out the first line of the song
>the three other players respond with the second line in perfect unison
>we proceed through the rest of the song like this without anyone being out of time

Attached: 1484283908710.jpg (930x930, 68K)

I was mainly thinking of the helicopters and depth crawlers
How hard is it to put a descent button in, literally every other game with heli's have it

Lances have some nice niche applications but I can do similar up-close damage for less energy cost with a spark weapon and also have the same weapon be useful for crowd control simultaneously.
Rapiers are pretty nice for big burst damage but the best ones take way too much fucking energy at this point in the game. Unless I'm taking down transport ships or other targets I need to burst down, I'd rather just go at it with a spark weapon, again.
And I haven't had much luck with pulse guns. I'll reserve judgement for later in the game.

That's pretty much what I've been doing, too.

>join match
>3 fencers
>oh boy this will be good
>wait a minute.....
>they have shitty loadouts like dual sniper cannons or dual spears and not set up for maximum BOOOOOOST and movement

Attached: EDF! EDF! EDF!.jpg (700x700, 272K)

If there was a crouch button they couldve done that, the game has alarmingly few controls.You could press space for lift and c for decent, like you could have more functionality.
>press C to take a knee, when in this stance you fire and reload 2 times faster but cant move
Things like that, the game still feels like its being made for handhelds where they have few buttons to work with.

Most of the face buttons aren't even used, its really strange why they chose to bind everything to the triggers and sticks

I've yet to use the choppers in 5 myself, but at least in 4.1 getting over the weird control scheme was easily worth it in the long run. The low level helis were trash, but each upgrade tightened the controls more and more with the final versions being holy terrors capable of shredding waves faster than almost anything else in the game.

Can someone explain the star system and what the fuck the stars mean next to the weapon name and stats?

I think a star in the name indicates that the weapon has been upgraded to the maximum point.

You'd probably hate playing with me then because the only reason I play fencer is to unload a lot of dakka.

Attached: 1544994505495.webm (480x360, 2.52M)

Getting duplicates have a possibility to upgrade the stats on the weapon.
When the star is white it means it's maxed out.
A star next to the name means it's fully upgraded.

Tank and arty fencer are just as mobile suit fencer

Solid Star = Maxed out stat
When you get dupes you might find one with a higher star rating for a stat, which then applies to your own weapon, so your I accuracy Gatling Gun goes up to C-, and maxes out at B, and your 1shot sniper which takes 12 seconds to reload maxes out at 5, and is still irredemably shit even though you deluded yourself into thinking it would get better.

Have fun RNG farming.

Is there a good tutorial on how to move fast as Fencer?

Obtain and then equip the multiple boost and jump items.
Chain them together and combine with momentum to go fast.

I'll go back and redo shit on hard when I get to 62 and can easy farm a hard difficfulty mission, cheap and lame I know, but some of this shit takes ages to clear.

Ho's that hacked steamworks working?
My mate is a broke arts school student and I'm a broke ass mechanic who could only afford this shit for myself.

Holy shit, these walkers do not mess around. It was a struggle even with 1000 armor. Those plasma fire just stick to you without fail, and they are coming from over a dozen sources.

biggest control annoyance for me is that rangers dash is tied to right stick for directional control, not left, so you have to map it to a shoulder button if you want to actually be able to turn

>dual sniper cannons
>shitty loadout

You just need recoil reduction and you will be able to rain down they highest piercing DPS from the other side of the map

Can't you just get two items? Do they upgrade to more dashes?

Some of the weapon stats are randomized within a certain range. These are denoted by the stars, bigger number is better. When you get a new weapon, it gets a random stat roll (you can actually get full 10-star stats on your first roll if you're lucky) and every time you pick up duplicates, the game does another roll and if any of those stats are better than the ones in your gun, it gets upgraded to that level.

hardest/inferno rooms when

Yes. I've got a 3 jump one and given that I am only at mission 34 I assume they continue to go higher.

losing railguns is a travesty what the fuck were they thinking

>first Titan I get is full-star

Attached: 1345787859822.png (499x662, 354K)

Impaled frog

Attached: 20190714125638_1.jpg (1920x1080, 657K)

depends on the mission, give me a flat stage as air raider and 20 seconds to fill the field with alien guts; theyre also really good at destroying towers instantly

What determines the star cap though? Some weapons seem to max out at 6 or 7

>You can drift in Grape

Attached: unknown.png (681x310, 73K)

I love Blood Storm.
when do I get an upgraded version?

weapon.edf.jpn.com/5_eng/f.html

I was a beast with helicopters in 4.1 but I've yet to try it in 5. It just takes some getting used to.

>mfw bringing the Titan in the final assault against the alien base
mission took like an hour and I just gave up after running out of ammo 5 time

Attached: 1551493038966.gif (508x266, 1.33M)

Of course you equip Blast Twin Spear and a secondary weapon with jump bossters in mode 1, and double Gallic Heavy Cannons in mode 2.
You now have peak movement and peak dakka.

So does Ranger get any goofy stuff later on? I think I'm at mission 30 or so on Hard playing as Ranger, and though I have seen some fun stuff, does Ranger ever get the ridiculous shit?

It takes getting used to but the controls are still worse.

FUCK COSMONAUTS

Foreigner Hectors > Immi*rant frog shit

Attached: Hectors.jpg (940x529, 59K)

I found the best strategy is to take out the ships on the beach first

I'm fine for a new source of nightmares.

How can anyone be this wrong? Frogs are so much fun to shoot.

Attached: 1464863212793.png (446x340, 82K)

Anything that isn't the fucking tarantulas i'm good.

dismembering frogs is fun and they feel less retarded because they look for cover and stuff

That's what I liked about the hectors though. They felt more like fortresses.

I love the way they crawl around after losing a limb.

they had a certain goofy charm with how they just flinch a little every time you shoot them, cosmonauts can be legit terrifying though with how fast they are and how bullshit some of their weapons are

Who here /pirated multiplayer/?
I know I do!
Let's play together.

I feel like the aliens and frogs are just a little too accurate. Played through the story, got a handful of level 85 ish weapons. Armor farming still sucks.

But that doesn't say what missions drop what weapons

Are tarantulas in EDF5? Cos if we're talking fast and bullshit, they cover that area.

they should've made it so a frog would instantly dye if you cut off all of its limbs. Shooting at a limbless torso is annoying.

Just play a mission and see what level you get from it?

sleepy boi

Attached: 1007040_20190714062233_1.png (1600x900, 2.51M)

look at the weapon level cap on the mission, thats the highest level of weapon you can get there, from what i tested

cool. looks like it'll be a little while, my highest level stuff is still only lvl 17

In every conceivable way.

Will the limpet sniper EVER leave my loadout in solo play? I just want to use something else for those far away cave targets and the dropships ...

leafierlemon.com/edf5/calc.shtml

these show the max level the mission drops.

except for the song

Erginus is cute

Ranger inferno

>There is a ranger team, wing diver team, fencer team, all NPC's that decided to make a final stand.
>You were the guy who was destined to guide two Tempest A1's into some space asshole.

The answer is yes!

Attached: 6213623451234.jpg (1920x1080, 623K)

You're a funny goy.

>He doesn't know.

OH WE ARE THE VALLIANT INFANTRY WE ARE THE ALPHA TEAM WE PASSION AND COMRADARIE

oh yeah, that song sucks
bring back the old one...

277 hours and 73% solo completition rate with about 22~% online completition rate.
Do the math.

Why is Yea Forums so cucked to asians?
Why is Yea Forums so full of self hating whites who worship random japs who just play online in EDF?

its fine to be honest

Is it the Fitgirl package I should pirate if I want to try the game before buying it?

Attached: 1535210935649.jpg (462x500, 46K)

They're called aliens, your /pol/ shit will not work, especially since they make fun of every political sides in EDF, the game is fun and centrist as fuck.

It's fine but its not EDF delpoys. I appreciate a change but it feels like they removed something iconic.

Fuck off schizo. I wasn't trying to bring /pol/shit here

>People getting in over 200 hours in for a port that was released days ago.

Attached: 1455202281356.gif (300x169, 358K)

don't tell him

Depth crawler is so good, I'm in early game and encountered frogs for the first time, 14th mission I think, and my god is depth crawler just a joy to use.

First of all you should buy it because EDF is fucking based.

But yeah Fitgirl package is alright

>Not multiboxing to get 6 hours of game in in 1 hour

Game was out for awhile, not everyone plays on PC. I was talking PS4 copy.

Depending on your learning and adaptability I would say 36 hours average, for a whole playthough.

It hasn't even been 200 hours since the PC version has come out.

>since they make fun of every political sides in EDF
what?

I will most likely buy it but for the moment I'm really low on cash.

Attached: 1534476097347.jpg (921x894, 108K)

The PS4 version exist user, I still play it online with randoms on it right now

There is dialogues in this games making fun of extreme anti immigrants rhetoric and pro peace with other cultures (from aliens) rhetoric.
Basically, to EDF, far right and far left=retards, all humans from any races allying with each other to fight monsters=based

Take a you day and truly love yourself all over.

I'm not on any level because I can't afford it even though I desperately want it

Attached: 1287370773881.jpg (252x221, 8K)

>Tells others to not bring /pol/ to the thread
>brings /pol/ to the thread

Attached: 1492299261250.gif (625x626, 54K)

>Tfw bought Iron Rain a couple months back but I've barely played it
>EDF 5 drops on PC with barely any prior notice
>None of me mates are grabbing it

Oh well, I'm mostly a solo player because timezones anyway, should I stick to IR or does 5 anything over it?

All I know is that you get to keep half of your loot if you die and you can equip something that slightly alters your class like Ranger can roll through obstacles or get improved defense, I was hoping Wing Diver would get something to reduce energy consumption or enhance recharge but it seems all it gets is faster weapon recharging?

I need EDF 5 on PC bros...

Attached: 1468959619880.png (650x773, 47K)

This is actually from the game, I'm not making this up.

Music, commentary, and VA lacks soul compared to 4.1. All the classes have improved massively with WD being a bit different but flying circles around her 4.1 counterpart.

Other QoL improvements to cut out the tedious shit like gear, achievement, and armor grinding.

>he literally doesn't know

So finally caved in and bought this after never giving 4.1 a try. It's fun. Thanks for reminding me this exists.

>I was hoping Wing Diver would get something to reduce energy consumption or enhance recharge
Isn't that exactly what the energy cores do?

I have good news for you then

retard-kun I...

>I was hoping Wing Diver would get something to reduce energy consumption or enhance recharge but it seems all it gets is faster weapon recharging?
She does get shit like that. I'm only a part of the way in and I have a handful of special cores, like one that makes your weapons charge faster at the cost of flight time, a core that makes dashes faster but has less capacity and a core that holds big fuckoff amounts of charge but makes you fly slower.

Looks retarded, I doubt skimpy jeans shorts are military issue

Always. I think this kind of detail really adds life to the city.

Need to know only, soldier.
>I was hoping Wing Diver would get something to reduce energy consumption or enhance recharge
Literally a game mechanic in 5.

That's the point.

I just saw it.. dreams come true

Attached: 1503692804559.png (1001x823, 664K)

>core that holds big fuckoff amounts of charge but makes you fly slower

More like hover 1m over the ground. But you get 2k+ energy and 200% weapon charge speed.

Huh, I looked it up recently and I saw the cores enhance forward flight acceleration, faster supply of energy TO the weapon and enable the use of high performance weapons but none of it suggests less energy usage or faster energy recharge (as in the energy gauge, not energy to weapon transfer)

is air raider supposed to be brainlet mode?
feels like im cheesing every mission by spamming it with air strikes and hiding in my huge health vehicles

Their ass gets really hot and sweaty from the Plasma exhaust so they have to wear short shorts to keep it cool

how alive is the MP in this? thats really the only reason to buy it, right?

he is good except for close maps

Screen shake on or off?

pretty alive and to top it off the netcode is pretty good, game doesn't lag when you join rooms from other regions

the torrent version is pretty alive

>that first cave mission that has like 9 ant queens shitting out acid everywhere
>its hard as fuck and we keep getting our asses kicked
>our air raider is just dropping weak ass turrets and life vendor while going around in that shitty spider robot

I dont play air raider much but is that all they can do underground?

Attached: EDF5 Final Boss.webm (720x404, 1.31M)

off: it's impossible to see anything in large battles

>What determines the star cap though?
The developers. If you meant what determines you hitting the cap, pure RNG.

Lunch

Attached: 41199804_p1.jpg (700x475, 264K)

I need it on xbox

Read. The. Fucking. Stats.
Charge and Emergency Charge are ratings of the Core's Energy/s normally and when overheated, respectively.
Get some sleep user, you're acting like a real brainlet here.

Attached: spoon-feeding.jpg (584x389, 86K)

yes, they are nerfed underground

Does all the budget go into the rations?

are you using Garena or Hamachi?

>Plain of Conflict
>Weapon boxes as far as the eye can see
>No fucking time to pick any of them up
IT'S NOT FAIR

Give walk button. I just want to be with my bros and not have to stop every five seconds for them to catch up

yall be out here chillin?

Attached: 1540429967431.jpg (1920x1080, 546K)

steamworks fix v2

Not him but I've got some fix I got yesterday in these threads, is there some other fix too?

Wish I could remember some of the names of these weapons. I’m loving that weapon for Wing Diver, it’s a close range single shot charge laser rifle that practically has no drain on your energy.

pirate lobby starting at 2-1 for some ant farming then going to 11 to continue the story

Attached: 1537739075942.jpg (1920x1080, 486K)

buy the game faggot

definitely a lance

Sorry user, I don't even have the game, I'm just quoting what I read in an article detailing the new features but yeah I could use some sleep, but I can't

Attached: Yotsubacrying.png (278x295, 88K)

i don't know what got posted in the previous threads but the fix i'm using is v2 off rin.ru

Steam lobby up, starting at mission 25 Hard. Get in here and kill some bugs, soldier!

Attached: IzaO3Y1[1].jpg (1920x1049, 304K)

Don't forget you can even have pirate multiplayer.

How do I git gud as Ranger?

why are you so obsessed with your inferiority complex?

Thats why multiplayers i nice. Everyone pitches in and grabs boxes, and knows to try and keep a few straggler enemies alive to get all the ones left.

Get a Wing Diver and a Ranger on a bike. Leave one thing alive with your Fencer kiting it until every box has been collected.

As long as it uses spacewar, it shouldn't matter though.

join already fuckers

Bring a shotgun and a long range weapon.

Oh no, I've started using Fencer after maining Air Raider forever and it's fun. Boost-jumping and hitting things in the air feels so good.. I wish my friend didn't keep killing me though, he's the only one who will play with me but he's a shitter so I might have to go back to AR so I don't keep getting blasted by him

I'm immensely bothered how buildings don't leave massive piles of rubble and twisted steel beams when they get destroyed

Coming right up. It will be my first multiplayer game so I'll suck, sorry.

Sorry user, I bought the game

THANOS THANOS
pirate lobby
2/4

you don't want your vehicles to get stuck on those
IIRC Iron Rain does this a bit better but all I can think of is the time I accidentally called a tank on those piles of rubble

>don't even have the game
Ah, that explains it then. You should definitely pick it up though. Even if it has to be for free, you can still join multiplayer games.

for air raider solo play so far, my loadout has been autocannon *, ze gun of some kind, and a credit refill bomber, along with a depth crawler even for most 'regular' missions. underground has been limpet sniper+2 ze guns with a depth crawler.

IIRC one of the tips in 4.1 shows a tank getting stuck on top of a house.

>IIRC Iron Rain does this a bit better but all I can think of is the time I accidentally called a tank on those piles of rubble
It has nice looking destruction, too bad game is ass.

EDF canon is as follows:
-Monster Attack(vs. Gigantors)
-Global Defense Force(vs. Gigantors, or Buggernauts in the remake)

-EDF 2017(vs. Ravagers)
-EDF 2025/4.1(vs. Ravagers)

-EDF 5(vs. Primers)

Attached: 1395719884569.jpg (1000x673, 411K)

If you like Depth Crawler you gonna love what mission pack 1 or 2 brings (don't remember exactly)
It's fast.
Real fast.

So this means edf 6 will take place in 2030 with 10x more namelesses

>they killed my comrade
>time for revenge~!

Attached: 1502770603080.jpg (480x360, 43K)

in all honesty I don't really like depth crawler because it's so slow. It just happens to have the most survivability of all the vehicles I can summon while having both a good ammo pool, decent health, and low resummon cost.

We will refer to this from now on as ... Mothership

>every human on earth is part of EDF

Attached: file.png (1089x2066, 621K)

I use nix instead, but nothing comes close to depthcrawler minigun ammo that's for sure

>replaying mission 38 as Air Raider over and over

Attached: 174232f581ad1ddce5c5290f44e5cdc3.jpg (800x419, 29K)

Is this game even challenging?

looks pretty easy

It's hard as balls on inferno difficulty. Even hard gets really tough sometimes.

>called 'earth defense force'
>do more damage to the earth than the monsters

Attached: 1517176954540.jpg (300x300, 53K)

I wish it was a slider rather than a binary switch between "off" and "full retard".

The depth crawlers are no joke though, the gatling does stout damage and they actually have decent amounts of health this time around. But yeah, air raiders need their air strikes to do big damage and the cave missions cockblock them into fiddling around with the shitty limpets for damage.

It's OUR Earth to fuck up, not theirs!

never i would assume
they changed the system from auto charge to manual charge right?

>Sandlot finally brought back Zangeki No Reginleiv's dismemberment/regeneration mechanic
>and it's glorious

Attached: Freya sword.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

You better believe it

if you had 4 air raiders doing that mission all using 2x turrets and depth crawlers (and waiting for turret respawns between 'waves') you'd fuck shit up so fucking fast that the slowest part would be moving to the next spawn.

>play wing diver
>have tons of fun
>play anyone else
>angry I can't get on top of buildings
Its pretty fucking cool playing other classes though because it's like a whole different game.

Oh man I just unlocked Spritefall.
This is beautiful.
The OHOHOHOHOHO helps.

>cave level
>that fucking wing diver lightning gun
ez

>Be airraider
>See this
This is so retardedly far and probably has insane HP

Attached: fugg.jpg (1749x958, 485K)

Autocannons and Buldge laser or spitefall - are your friends.
You are the main DPS against those

is there scaling in multiplayer or is it just the same as single player but with up to 3 more people?

There's an xbox huge one that teleports queens. kings and mothers in the campaign.

I can destroy those with a rifle mag, if it could hit it.

Is there any way to destroy teleportation ships as an AR?

>notices your buldge
OwO

Attached: 583.gif (203x182, 18K)

Do enough people play to start a general? I want to be able to play with fellow pirates

THANOS THANOS IS STILL UP
PIRATE LOBBY

Attached: 1553531453367.jpg (1920x1080, 907K)

It scales enemy health and damage, iirc doing a full lobby scales the numbers to about 3x normal. Interestingly enough, playing solo in a multiplayer lobby punishes you by buffing the enemies to the same stats they'd get in a full lobby.

We've had several threads daily for the past week. I think we can start a general

>being a passive aggresive bitch

>start as air raider
>13 missions in
>only have a depth crawler and a tank
>nearly useless against drones unless the depth crawler is up
>the tank is horrible

Attached: 1556543823437.png (1022x1274, 1.19M)

Limpets, vehicles, getting gud with the guided missile airstrikes.

until you get a later mission where it's suddenly huge and open and there's nowhere for the lightning to jump.

>Wing Diver energy core capacity gets upgraded.
>Emergency power charge is the same rate.

Attached: 1470791560815.jpg (640x720, 155K)

Does this game have moths?

That's what I don't get. Why bother increasing the numbers when the ratios all just stay the same?

pretty sure you can upgrade emergency too

>Playing on hard
>Alone
>As a first playthough

Why would you want to artificially difficult yourself?

Attached: 20190714152457_1.jpg (1920x1080, 493K)

THANO THANOS LOBBY 3/4
PIRATE LOBBY

I really wish walkers were balanced around low speed but high agility instead of low everything but high firepower. Turning speeds should be on the level of the Nyx C1 on the model A, not literally halfway into the game on Hard.

And for that matter the regular tanks really needed coax machineguns instead of absolutely nothing. Why are the tanks the low-firepower-high-mobility choices of all things?

It'll get better

Can I transfer saves from a pirated copy to a legit copy? I'm on like level 20 so I don't want to start over but I want to support the devs.

>You should definitely pick it up though.
More EDF is always good but I'm the user who asked if it's better than Iron Rain, as I bought that and haven't played it much, thinking back on it, having to collect materials and money to buy shit is kind of a nuisance, but Wing Diver's with minigun or using overdrive with swords is some good shit

You can level these up?

how do i go fast with fencer?

Whats the earliest good farm mission, 19? I'm about fucking done with playing Fencer and having jack shit for boost cells.

I dont know but you could just buy the game and continue playing the lieate version

Yeah but I want the legit multiplayer. Eventually it'll be real hard to organize pirated games.

That's what I'm doing. Going to normal if it seems too hard from the first playthrough. Normal is way too easy and hard gives you better weapons.

>there are people here who cant start on hard
>they got filtered by the first ufo mission

Attached: 1557302593554.jpg (1000x997, 309K)

fuck doing the red drones on hard
they are complete bullshit and have like 300000 health each

/edfg/ when

>You can level these up?
Yes.

*sip*

Attached: EarthDefenceForce_5_for_PC_2019-07-14_16-47-30.jpg (1920x1080, 372K)

Same, I am done with Air Raider and looking to do wing diver or ranger.

>playing as ranger with slaughter shotgun

Attached: 4124124.jpg (800x800, 170K)

you hide in a parking garage and the pillbugs can't touch you

>playing wing diver with Thunder crossbow

Attached: Doom.jpg (1920x2716, 1.39M)

That is a small chance, and capacity is upgraded for the better weapons, because they draw in more power then the previous. Having cores that do this when they take more energy to boost or fly or still have the same charge just means you have to unlock the upgraded version of that core type. Usually the weapons decrease in power usage as their upgrade to make up of the charging shortcoming.

All it does is increase your attack intensity while increasing cooldown. In most situations there is no additional time to hold ground.

nah, 87.
Go in river direction, you can hide in rocks near waterfall to point that you'll receive zero damage more often than not for any class and all loot will be in one place.

When do I start getting good shotguns? 4s reload time is just way too long

Oh yeah that one. He asked for the earliest though.

>mfw a pillbug hits me and I clip into the rock

Attached: 1552594434767.jpg (631x658, 307K)

I just beat it, mission 6 or something around that, if that's the one you mean. Also started on hard.
Died twice because one time I didn't run away fast enough and the other time I died to the camera when the ufo opens up.
Mostly still trying to figure out what weapon to go with for wing diver.
It's fun

So is there any way to change civilian model with EDF model in customization?

oh, sorry, misread that.

Monsoon series has short reload times but less dps. Earliest one is at level 24 so mission 44 on hard I think.

I think it happens later on in the game automatically

after you beat the game

god never play air raider youll have a heart attack

You can switch between civvie outfit and the EDF uniform after completing the story.

Basically on that level you have to use terrain sloping to reduce those enemy movements. When they go downhill they go fast. I find it that you have to stay in the river bed area and be across from where the next wave spawns.

Someone please tell me if theres Ant Hive Missions again? It's my only source of pretending to be playing MuvLuv:Alternative

Attached: 1352138230073.jpg (2640x1485, 1.91M)

What exactly is he and his end game

Attached: kamisama.jpg (523x505, 109K)

Air raider can reload stuff in the backround while using other shit

The ones you go underground and hunt down the ant queens? Yes.

>unload strikes
>better hope you have a vehicle or youre gonna be sitting around for 10 seconds to do anything

Tfw all I want from a Muvluv vidja is a EDF clone with more mobile mechs. But fuckers failed to deliver.

Attached: ml-sumika55.jpg (800x1040, 84K)

Shotguns are zerg defense, not DPS. They are the only early weapons that can strike though multiple enemies grouped together, or dead bullet barriers.

No, you don't get it. You can be 99% invurnable for entire stage regardless of your health or weapons.
You can beat stage on inferno repeatedly with zero effort and get up to 70lvl weapons I think. You need to go between those rocks.

Attached: file.png (1139x648, 1.07M)

find Bogdanoffs and bring them home

I've never played the game but that looks like an ayy-lmao jesus.

then you just stand there and pull the trigger.

Attached: file.png (1066x602, 880K)

I'm at despair (108) and I can't even reach the pylons because they're so fucking high up. Also some chink keeps joining our lobby and agroing everything while at the same time air striking all of us.

>suppress gun
is this actually good? it seems like a meme.

To ayyy at you

>Bogs fund the EDF

It's the only way it makes sense.

very specific use, mostly useless. Good for solo where you get caught by reds or tadpoles but don't have enough of health pool to wait or to blow yourself up to freedom.

>wanted to get EDF5, bought Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami 1 instead
I-I'll wait for it to go on sale next time. EDF! EDF! EDF!

well there kinda are some, but you can't bring mechs into caves
also mechs are pretty slow and not as agile as they are in MLA

Yeah I know, I usually just go dual gatling Fencers with friends on Inferno larping as Aquilas.

EDF!

>Not having a loadout to deal with the map.

First of all Supress Gun is utter trash and so are those turrets. You need to use your airstrikes for those enemies. Your mistake is letting them build up with that weak crowd control setup. I use a Grape because it is mobile, and Gamma is known to be anti vehicle. Red Nix, and flamethrowers are a total meme that I would never touch.

Basically you are going in with weapons that lack crowd control when your plan is to hold position.

white nix from dlc 2 is fast
youtu.be/XOnxthzTTCY?t=687

EDF 5 literally came out after the sale, and at 20% off.

>wreck all enemy forces
>commander still keeps calling me a newbie
What's everyone's problem?

Attached: 2019-07-14-085751_935x679_scrot.png (935x679, 592K)

>always says sorry when they get knocked out
>feel bad because I get knocked out every other seconds in multiplayer because I like to bumrush the ants
these fucking bugmen are too nice, damnit.

That'll change soon

Later on he gives you the callsign Storm 1.

I didn't get filtered by it, but I did the extremely slow method of "hide in a tiny opening in a building without explosive weapons, slowly killing that which flies infront of me". it probably took like 20-30 minutes per class.

monster zero is absolute garbage.

>form a paramilitary Earth Defense Force to protect the Earth from external threats
>external threat shows up
>woooooooooow

>spritefall
wow its fucking nothing

Nigga, the fuck are you about? I'm not talking how to beat stage, I'm talking about how to farm stage on inferno for weapons when you have nor armor nor good weapons. For any class.
Can't you see that it's just some random youtube screenshot I took to show location, not the loadout?

Do you pretending to be dumb or what? Betwen those rocks non of gamma balls will ever touch you unless they do really weird clipping thru rocks which rarely happens.

Read better chain of post before starting to write guides, jesus christ.

someone said that this game was like Left 4 Dead
looked it up, it's a third person shooter
fuck off
>y'all

They were fighting terrorists before

that person is an idiot
but you seem to be one as well
so get a room

Is ranger just a cuck class? Do you get any good shit later on?

I was on a business trip for my work the entire time before and during the summer sale.

Ranger is the ultimate chad class for challenge runs

You get a probe that can extend your item collection range by 10x.

ranger is the strong independant class who dont need no man, no fancy shit but really never has any problems

Attached: plug.jpg (1440x1808, 364K)

No they weren't.
Every army in Japanese games is defense force because constitutionally they can't have a standing army
On account of the rape of Nanking and all
Anime eyes can't cover evil

Attached: 4L_OXWO3VWj.jpg (300x400, 36K)

Uh lads?

Attached: nuke.jpg (1072x595, 225K)

it's a fucking global private millitary corp.

What?

You snipe it with spritefall. Since there will be a mass of enemies spawing while it hits, you automatically have it ready for the next pylon when its over i retook the base just sniping

Are you so retarded you can't see number near star around parameter?
Yea Forums is fucking full of idiots, holy shit. you are dumber than regular EDF soldier

>*5 vs *0
You still haven't realized how much of a boost that can be for certain parameters?

one weapon is leved the other isn't

Is that a fucking Festum?

It'll get better when you get dupes of it. Sometimes the damage literally doubles after one upgrade.

Any Pirate Lobby starting in the beginning? I want to lvl up another class?

Putting aside that ones leveled and the other isn't, that's nothing really. You get some fucking ICBM at the later levels that does something like 100k+ Damage.

Man, I love Fencer.

Attached: sniping's a fine job m8.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

I didn't see any rooms up, so I made one.

The room name is "Enter Room Name" and the passcode is "passcode"

It's on hard. The mission is 16.

Legit or pirate?

I checked pirate and couldnt find them.

Just bought on steam and it won't launch. Any suggestions? I had a pirated copy but I uninstalled it.

>those red frogs with the shotguns
>they can snipe you from across a city with it

Attached: 1396184973762.jpg (434x325, 69K)

It's legit. Sorry. I thought I'd seen someone mention in an earlier thread that there was something for sharing lobbies, but I guess not.

>stops you dead in your tracks and drops you out of the air while boosting
I HATE IT

Do their shotguns have damage drop-off? That might explain it..

>minding your own damn business
>doing your everyday terraforming job
>some midget from a mile away explodes your best friends head right next to you
EDF: Revengeance when?

Damn. Maybe I really should get into EDF. This actually looks super fun.

Opening up a pirate lobby, gonna be in early missions, HARD, level up my other low class since I only have Air Raider. If you got a better suggestion for a mission then feel free to name it. I have it at 4.

Attached: Untitledfeaf.png (2560x1440, 1.98M)

post deaths

Attached: 1554666836679.jpg (1920x1080, 661K)

>been cooping with my friend
>he's been hosting
>doesn't unlock the missions for me in solo
Kinda gay desu

Is this all on the nintendo switch?

Room Name: Wehe, Password: letmein, Pirate, 1/4
Dont know why my printscreen takes images of screens im not on.

coop is seperate from solo iirc, he doesn't unlock them either

I think the game syncs the singing of different players if they select the same line

Here i come you alien shits, bet you thought you were safe in yer fancy spaceship

Attached: 20190714145056_1.jpg (1920x1080, 449K)

>not looking the frogs in the face as you defend your planet

Attached: Dragoon Lance.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

There's a bunch of hive missions, and even an indoor-base mission, they're fucking kino, especially the base mission.

>going down a corridor and enemies come from both directions

The key is to beat the shit out of them one by one

Anyone on legit up for some mission in the 20s?
Alternatively, how do I join piratebros?

>free bike
>breaks down at the slightest misuse
That's what you get for using a free thing, I guess. :(

I'm actually enjoying the Mag Blaster but maybe that's just me
I just don't like the charge mechanics so I'm mostly limiting myself to weapons that have a magazine apart from the occasional plasma cannon

I think you need to do something like adding steamfix, but I dont know if you can go back to regular lobbies if you put the files back.

is that gundam battle assault? i have that one on ps1 but haven't played it in years.

>shotgun on an underground mission
>shotgun on any fucking mission

Attached: 1460472631125.png (690x968, 317K)

driving a bike vs spiders is like being Yamcha its just not gonna work out

Who needs to be a Wing Diver.

Attached: 20190714171433_1.jpg (1920x1080, 558K)

>minding my speed
>nudge the wheel a tiny bit
>graze a curb, go cartwheeling a mile in the air
I love the bike!

Why are all the MXX Fang sniper rifles so fucking terrible rangerbros, is the final M100 Fang finally worth using? How about the Air Tortoise

Just beat all of inferno on solo in edf 4.1, man, I'm so burned out.

Attached: 1560802609795.jpg (675x676, 43K)

does wing diver even have non self damaging weapons? its hard cheesing when I end up getting killed by blowback

is this EDF 5?

Shottys are insanely overpowered in EDF 5 because they all have penetrating shots

Even the ones without PT listed?

air tortoise is meme, but has some use for teleportation anchors maybe.

Odd design choice

Snipers in general are garbage in 5
Same with rockets

The mag blasters are annoying because they really only have half the listed capacity and are generally pretty expensive to reload.

i dont think there are any
or i havent unlocked them yet, but i've finished the campaign

I think it's just Sandlot can't wrap their heads around sharing solo and online campaign when online has different mission listing.

thats exactly what i use it for
works really well

different mission listing by one single mission.

wing diver detected

Attached: 4L_fIMuAbnz.gif (720x480, 126K)

can't beat mission 89, the one with tons of wasps, how did you guys do it?

Lances and rapiers dont

That's fair. I reckon I outta just be grateful we're getting new EDF releases on PC.

Why are wing divers such sluts on the battlefield?

With the unupgraded B2 I'm using right now it's not that bad because of the slow charge time, so I'm using that to take out frogs or other big targets, reload and then switch to Spark Whip to clean up the rest

Or they consider Solo and Online experience being completely separate ones and want players to feel both..

They have to compete for air raiders cock

I've gotten a ton of use out of snipers against the giant walker shits, just never gotten any use out of the Fang because its DPS is so shit. Lvl ~35-45 explosive weapons on Ranger feel like total shit compared to earlier levels where I was just blowing through shit with my Grenade Launcher, I miss that THUNK sound.

>offline and online are completely separate
>say "fuck it, i'll just always do online"
>decide to make my own room, see if people join
>no-one ever does
>end up doing missions 1-4 on all 4 characters purely solo without a single person joining
>on hard

Attached: 1516604816092.jpg (431x291, 22K)

probably lots of spritefalls
I've not got to it PC and its been a while since PS4

>using dual swords
lmao
the lv 0 blasthole spear you start with is better than anything else you'll get for a good while.

Maybe you had passcode on?

post room here you idiot

Anyone else having a problem with uncontrollable mouse jitter? DPI scaling override in windows that fixes it for some people doesn't work.

I want another motorbike, I love them, but the first ones damage has fallen off.
>look up if theres more
>theres like fucking 10 of them
I need this.

What is the appeal of ranger? Everyone else is doing crazy shit while you're off gunning long range enemies with AR and close range with shotguns
Why bring a chump that kills one ant every second with his shotgun instead of an air raider that just blasts the whole map apart? Or a fencer with four giga cannons that obliterates everything? Or a wing diver that holds M1 and chains lightning across the entire universe?
Here I am holding my shitty 2 star shotgun that requires 4 shots to kill a red ant before the whole city explodes thanks to the air raider. What's the point?

before i join do you collect all weapons and armor?

you can feel free to go join the bugs
if you don't recognize human strength you're weaker than sin

how does MP progress work, if i play mission 8 when i've only done mission 1, will I get teh missions between them unlocked? or just those 2, or does it make no progress at all.

I'm at mission 34 solo if it matters

online is just even more harder
that is

No seems to be working fine for me. Only thing out of the norm I'm doing is I have the camera pan set on high and the mouse speed adjusted up one on the mouse itself.

>not enjoying being regular infartyman winning the war and killing god with basically AK or M-16.
what a fag
I bet you don't even like sergeant

MP also has some missions that are MP only. And I seem to remember some missions on MP are setup differently, but don't quote me.

Ok, room name is Gammaray Bill. Yes i make sure to run around and collect all pieces. I'm on mission 2, that's the only one I haven't done with Fencer yet. There's no passcode, but maybe I need to make one so you guys can see it?

Attached: 1516620820495.jpg (800x744, 66K)

>Mission Cleared
>as the screen fades out see one green box in the distance that you missed

Attached: mang.jpg (578x824, 83K)

>its a you're playing with pubbies in a cave mission and the other air raider doesn't understand that he cant use his artillery on the map so you just hear constantly over the radio that they cant support him

Attached: 1554265479917.jpg (640x791, 41K)

I have nightmares about that. The weapon box you can never get.

There is a railgun, it's just split between AR and Ranger

if you are not aware being alone in an online room means the game scales stuff as if you had 4 players
it only does this for someone who is trying to solo

>turn around while fading and see 4 green boxes right next to each other

I'm using Blood Storm on Fencer, but I want to branch out since I think I'm using them as a crutch. What should I try out?

Air Raider has a learning curve give the newbies some slap.

anybody else having issues with progress occasionally not being saved? is it like 2017 where you had to manually "save game" after missions in the pre-game menus? any tips?

Attached: 1540018101510.jpg (659x609, 365K)

Is it pirate?

Double blood storm and become never ending artillery strike that air raiders can only dream of

so you're saying i should kill them?

>'EDF!' can be heard echoing from space

It's for their own good.

Nah I'm a good goy

Attached: 1515541682620.png (217x190, 55K)

Nobody else can ride motorcycles, fag.

hello

Attached: 1562974912237.webm (568x656, 155K)

Right lads, is 5 worth getting on Steam? I've only played 2017 and IA and ain't sure if it's worth shelling out for it until it gets a bigger discount.
I have 4 already but haven't gotten around to playing it yet though.

you can sprint and you actually get good guns compared Air Raider, you can reload and aim it unlike Fencer, you dont die in two seconds worrying about if you can afford to reload like Wing Diver.

you get a motorbike.

If your room is up I can't see it

If the last on you played is 2017 and IA then you're in for a treat.

What is it about killing aliens that turns wing divers into horny thots?

I can stare at Wing Diver ass all day

It's full now, sorry bro.

Rapiers are one of the few wingdiver weapons that has a fixed Magazine size that you reload like normal weapons.

No worries

>tfw jumping on top of building before jumping down on some unaware ayys as I unload my jackhammer

I don't get why they simply just destroy every buildings it would make thing far easier for them.

would you kiss her butthole?

Are you just fishing for (You)s? Here you go.

I know IA is generally regarded as being shit but are the newer ones that different from 2017?
I figured playing 5 as Ranger would be the same sort of experience as 2017 although with new enemies etc.

Part of the training

Attached: edf5wingdiver9.jpg (793x934, 562K)

I'd hate to miss out on the fad since I don't expect EDF to be "brimming" with players for long, is the starting gear good enough to join online from the get go? Also is there gonna be a general or regular threads or Discord to organize games? I plan on buying the game, because devs devserve it, fuck getting a pirate copy and then starting from scratch again

Isn't there chat? can't you just set them on the right track before starting a mission? we're all part of the same team

>I have 4 already but haven't gotten around to playing it yet though.
If you got it long ago and/or for cheap and can afford this one maybe just forget about 4

Attached: 20171231163532_1.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

Ranger has only the starter tank but he gets railguns and the EMC.

>Isn't there chat? can't you just set them on the right track before starting a mission? we're all part of the same team
Yeah fine take the pussy way out. How is the EDF supposed to win this war if we keep babying every new soldier?

So how exactly does the weapon leveling/star system work? The ingame manual doesn't really make it clear.

You can get an xboxhuge item collection radius. It's the boring but practical class.

I really don't get why people like you keep showing up and asking this. It's straightforward as fuck.

Going to start a new not-pirate lobby since the other is full
name (note case sensitive): shazbot
password: vgs
hard mission 27

Great now I'm going to worry about it. Did this only happen to you when you alt+F4 without going to the main menu first?

because Yea Forums is retarded

Lets say you get a weapon. Most of its stats are shown with a star that goes from 0 to its cap. The star becomes white when its capped.

If you get a dupe weapon but with better stats in an area (i.e. reload speed) that stat will carry over as an upgrade. Repeat until everything is maxed out.

im pretty sure they are confusing the split between MP and SP missions with progress being lost.

So what are weapons that say like 6+? one time I got an upgrade and all it did was change from 6 to 6+ and didn't otherwise affect ti.

new thread when

Very well rounded, if you think you kill just one ant a second with a shotgun you couldn't be more wrong. Ranger is extremely reliable in how well you can kite enemies (especially with penetrating shotguns) and versatile with their weapon variety not restrained by energy or reloading by points. Killing a shitload of bugs all chasing after you with shotguns, throwing grenades with a long throwing animation but ridiculous damage and blast radius or using stuff like rocket/grenade launchers, snipers or just locking down insects with assault rifles are all enjoyable.

Just fucking make an EDF thread if you're looking for people to play once the post-release threads settle down.

>ranger, offline
>finally realize that rocket and missile launchers are shit
>start using shotguns and sniper rifles exclusively
>occasionally use grenade launcher
Feel strange, but works

Someone make a general

literally no idea what you are describing, typically a plus on the right hand side stats means it increased.

How can I tell how many stars my weapon has? It's either maxed out or not

i dont get what they want you to do with the lock on missile launchers
they do as much damage as an assault rifle per missile yet take like 20 times as long to fire

There's a number by the star.