So after reading another one of those controller threads...

So after reading another one of those controller threads, I decided to listen to Yea Forums and get myself an xbox controller for PC. I'm disappointed, user.
>I miss being able to claw with my left hand.
>The d-pad's position is uncomfortable even though the stick position on the DS4 never ever bothered me.
>RB & LB are a lot worse than the DS4's bumpers imo. I don't even know when I press those. Also, it feels less comfortable to be holding the bumpers.
>The face buttons are easier to press on the DS4.
>The thumbstick position is whatever. I see no difference whatsoever.
I'm now considering if it's just a matter of getting used to it (I have been using a ds4 for about 4 or 5 years now after all), or the DS4 is just a better choice for me and I should return the xbox controller to the store.
The reason I decided to get an xbox controller in the first place is because I'm planning on selling my PS4, and so I'll need a controller for PC.

Attached: controller.jpg (960x1280, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread716143/pg1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the xbox controller is more ergonomic, if you play for long times you'll notice how much more comfortable it is

maybe if you have small hands it's not as good though

I had an Xbox controller for years, switched to the DS4 recently and I like it a lot more
Only drawback is fucking around with 3rd party wrappers

>Only drawback is fucking around with 3rd party wrappers
For the thumbsticks?

I meant software wrappers so the pad is detected as an XInput controller
Steam's wrapper interferes with them sometimes and the controller just hangs up, also battery indicator doesn't give correct information with Bluetooth
The thumbsticks shouldn't be an issue with the V2 controller (the one with a lightbar window on the touchpad) but only time will tell

Oh, I see. Well, that's true, but I also like the fact that you can customize literally anything this way.
As for the thumbsticks, they are just not very comfortable for me, so I have covers for those, but I'm not a huge fan of the xbox's ones either.

Of course it's going to feel uncomfortable after you've deformed your hands from using a dualshock.

You do realize that it works the other way around too.

Not when the Xbox controller is more ergonomic

ds4windows is ezpz and gives me no issues. can even use the touchpad as a mouse for maxiumum degeneracy.

Ah well, to each their own.
I still think we only had good controllers this gen.
But again, I would rank: XBOX > DS4 > Switch Pro

if the xbone cntroller had the ds4 triggers it'd be perfect

But the DS4 triggers are worse

I hope you mean bumpers

I just bought a wireless Xbox controller for my pc myself, and I feel very stupid for not doing so earlier.

isn't the latency of the xbox controller higher than DS4? that's the only thing stopping me from getting one right now

Did you use a ds4 before?
user, it’s just milliseconds, there’s no way you can notice the difference.

Not really related but I cannot for the life of me play PS2 ports or emulated PS2 games on anything but a PS2 controller. It's like that controller was hand-crafted to specifically feel right in the games it was made to be played with, MGS2 and 3 feel like balls trying to play on a 360 or One controller but on a PS2, sticks and buttons have just the right amount of pressure and feel to make the game feel more responive. Anyone else feel like this?

I can tell when going from playing on PS3 to playing on PC with the DS3, but, I don't know the actual numbers in that case, and to be fair I think PS3 gets a lot of latency from vsync application in most games

tl;dr might just get the xbox one

how do you even play MGS2/3 on pcsx2 without the pressure sensitive buttons?

I was actually playing them on the HD Collection on 360, but yeah pressure sensitive buttons have a lot to do with what I was saying.

I played the PS3 collection and always wondered how different it would feel on a 360, there's people who swear it's fine and/or even better, but idk, felt really nifty with the pressure sensitive buttons

also can you even find brand new, non fake ps2 controllers anymore?

I’m the OP, and you guys are now making me unpack the controller and try again.

>ergonomic
Oh shut the fuck up. It has an objectively worse D-pad and the thumbstick placement makes the whole thing asymmetrical. Very “ergonomic” huh?

>non fake
Plenty on Ebay and local retro game stores.
>brand new
Luckily my PS2 controller was in great condition but I don't know about new.

You literally don’t know what that word means.

What are you bumping them against?

I had the opposite experience. Used a DS4 for years and then recently got an xbone controller and was blown away by how much more I liked it. I prefer the button layout, the triggers are far better, the travel on the sticks is more to my liking and most of all: I love having a clicky D-pad instead of anything remotely spongy. Makes discrete inputs (especially diagonals) so much easier. The shoulder buttons being worse than a DS4 is about the only thing I don't like.

>I miss being able to claw with my left hand.
Don't understand this point at all, you totally still can. Unless you never learned to move a control stick with your index finger in which case I feel sorry for you.

Attached: 11dde88d7cc454448913e3 (11dde88d7cc454448913e3.jpg (JPEG Image, 1500 × 1060 pixels)).jpg (1500x1060, 125K)

DS4 is only better than the Xbone controller for fighting games.

Did you like it immediately or did it take you some time to get used to it?

See
>maybe if you have small hands it's not as good though

just set the sensitivity for O/Square to 50% for a non-lethal run.
>t. played it 2 months back on pcsx2 with a bone controller

want to play dark souls but dont own a controller, is some cheap xbox 360 good enough ?

Fuck off handlet. You gay.

The problem isn't the controller. The problem are your tiny hands.

I find it easy to use, my only real complaint is the sticks are "squared" off after the dip, which tends to rub my thumbs raw after prolonged use. I stared using the switch pro controller, and like it a lot better, although it's not plug & play like the DS4 & XBONE controllers. I like the feel of the DS4 the best, but can't use it without my hand cramping up after an hour of so of play with it for some reason.

How does hand size change the fact that it’s an asymmetrical pile of shit? Are your hands asymmetrical?

Literally everything on the human body is asymmetrical.
LITERALLY EVERYTHING

Samefag

handlet

Broadly speaking, no. Unless you want to show us your dwarf thumb, idiot.

That's the best controller, you are just used to shitty mouse and keyboard.

>>RB & LB are a lot worse than the DS4's bumpers imo. I don't even know when I press those. Also, it feels less comfortable to be holding the bumpers.
You're holding it wrong. You're supposed to rest your index fingers over the triggers, and just press with the base of your index fingers on the bumpers. You don't choose between one or the other, the resting position allows access to both. I don't agree with the rest (except the clawing, but I never really need that), but those are personal preference.

I have huge hands. I never had a problem with stuff like the 3D Saturn or Dreamcast controller whereas most people complain about them constantly.

That said, the Xbone controller is trash. The fact that your best argument for it is a shitty personal insult says everything anyone needs to know about it.

LITERALLY EVERYTHING ON THE HUMAN BODY IS ASYMMETRICAL
THERE ARE NO STRAIGHT LINES IN NATURE

You can't refute these scientific facts. Stay assblasted, faggot.

Samefag

>THERE ARE NO STRAIGHT LINES IN NATURE
abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread716143/pg1

>THERE ARE NO STRAIGHT LINES IN NATURE
Are you absolutely retarded?

I had a 360 controller for like half a decade that I had to replace this year because the right bumper was dropping inputs, I got an xbone controller as the closest thing and I'm pretty disappointed with it.
Felt cheap out of the box, I've only had it for a few months and the right trigger has become stiff, the A button occasionally drops inputs even when the button has actuated, and if you let the right analog stick spring back to neutral it actually over-extends and you get an input of the opposite direction for like one frame.
A friend also got one at around the same time and the USB connection is faulty and it can only be used wirelessly.

Attached: 894.jpg (640x377, 38K)

The human body is obviously symmetrical by design. Barely visible differences that are unique to each person are not signs that we are broadly asymmetrical. You’re a fucking moron.

Just bought a $20 afterglow one, surprisingly sturdy for the price.

> the A button occasionally drops inputs even when the button has actuated
just had to replace mine because the membrane under the A button broke and was stuck actuated. That's probably what's happening to yours.

The triggers on both feel the same. It's the bumpers that needs work.

play like a fucking chad with mouse and keyboard

Fuck cheap chinese shit rrrrRRREEEEEE. You'd think the build quality would be better considering the RRP on the xbone controller but no, it's a big disposable "fuck you" to the consumer.

Attached: 1526464968592.gif (512x512, 2.46M)

>user, it’s just milliseconds, there’s no way you can notice the difference.
jesus christ, there's entire milliseconds difference? dropped.

The reason why I need to hold the RB button is because I put roll/dash there in dark souls. I could of course put it on the trigger but I feel like rolling with RB is better.

That isn't a good reason to specifically hold the RB button? Again, you can press the RB button while "holding" the right trigger.

I have this on a brand-new Xbox controller. I actually thought it was faulty at first so I asked the store to replace it, but the new one they sent me has the same thing. A doesn’t register when you tilt it slightly to the right.

I mean LB, sorry. Anyway, in dark souls rolling and dashing are on one button.

That isn't a good reason to specifically hold the LB button? Again, you can press the LB button while "holding" the left trigger.

This makes no sense to me

Look how he's "holding" the left trigger. But he can also press the left bumper by pressing down on the circled area. You don't pick between either bumpers or triggers, you rest your hand in a way so that you can use both.

Attached: 1532277223177.png (1300x956, 2.41M)

Hmm, I see now, thanks, I’ll try this

It takes some getting used to, but the controller is designed to hold it this way. Honestly, I don't know how comfortable it would be to constantly hold though, if you're for example using it for running.

You're in same position I'm in. Only it was DS3.

I don't use the Dpad as much as you but my take has been getting used to the placement. The macro button is handy since AR and AL aren't recognized as standalone buttons. But I haven't noticed any difference in comfort for long play periods.

I also find myself having to adjust to which bumper I'm pressing in a game. Partly because I'm boomer age, partly because I alternate between multiple games.

Do you play fighers on an advanced level? I'd say just hand over the dough and get a dedicated stick. A good one will last years.

Very picky on dpad? Go with the saturn pad idea. I liked the PS line of controllers for their dpad seperation but I'd go saturan pad if I played a lot of games that needed one.

Xbone can still be the main one for shit like Dragon Dogma, EDF, Dark Souls, etc. Only worry might be wear n tear as I heard these things crap out after ~8 months.

Attached: 1562880928211.png (2718x2138, 1.87M)