I will choose ally, trust me

I will choose ally, trust me

Attached: Dio_.png (558x588, 287K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU
japanator.com/japanator-exclusive-an-interview-with-too-kyo-games-kotaro-uchikoshi-36002.phtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_(video_game_series)
reddit.com/r/ZeroEscape/comments/4qsmvu/ztd_spoilerslets_find_all_of_the_foreshadowing/
twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1149763917956231169?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=mmuLlROPVLo
thesaurus.com/browse/probably
youtube.com/watch?v=na8NfZuYFNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ojf8xSQiZ4E
youtube.com/watch?v=gFJ1r6_4mW4
youtu.be/DnooebuHRtU?t=3819
youtu.be/HBlWvhM79WI?t=96
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck you

Attached: DioHandcuffed.jpg (250x142, 8K)

I haven't played this game but how the fuck does the prisoner's dilemma mechanic thing even work? Do you just get fucked over and have to reset randomly?

Of course. I would never betray you. Make sure you pick ally.

holy fuck

It's worked into the story. It's difficult to explain without spoiling anything.

It’s a visual novel. Making a choice creates a new story arc. If you fuck up in a choice, you can jump back quite quickly to the choice you made and fix it.

It's a visual novel, so there's no random element to it. And with the way the plot works you're encouraged to reach bad ends and roll back to a checkpoint.

I'm sorry, my hand slipped and I chose betray by accident. I promise I'll pick ally next time.

God damn, what a crap game that was. Such a letdown after 999.

Oh me too. I sneezed and hit betray.

VLR was fine, in fact it's a great game when you compare it to ZTD. 999 is untouchable kino, obviously.

vlr was good, fuck off with your bad meme.

I think mainly you can’t take VLR too seriously, what with the retarded plot twists.
But at least it earns some audience goodwill, unlike Zero Buy Dilemma

It doesnt. You have to choose every option regardless because the story need it.

As always, look on the bright side. Now you know what to expect from the company and the writer. Never again.

I said it two days ago and I'll say it again, if you actually thought that Kyle would appear in ZTD you're a retard.

looks like a PUA

VLR suffers from the fact that it was just build up to a really shit game. By itself the main mystery and junk was good

Why would you be retarded for assuming that something the previous game said would happen would happen? It's not like it was some kind of meme, the bonus ending bit literally confirmed it was a thing and then it just didn't happen because ZTD was ass.

Attached: 1547781874294.gif (460x259, 1.93M)

VLR was better than 999 though. Even ZTD going full retard is more fun than that game

why?
youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU

VLR never said that Kyle was going to the Mars testing site, only that he would if Sigma couldn't. It's only that bonus ending that says he will, and that ending is clearly intended to be an advertisement for the third game and nothing more.

>VLR never said he was going there
>only the ending located in VLR said he would
wat

Attached: 1536868857538.gif (500x281, 1.93M)

That was never canon, bro.

>the thing in the game isn't canon
?????

Attached: 1542146584126.png (1282x724, 595K)

Remember 11= 999> Virtue last reward=Ever 17>Root double>ZTD

*shrieking* NONARY GAMEU

Alright. Where's KYLE?

>The thing in the game that directly talks to the player and tells them they have to buy the third game or else the story won't be resolved is canon
???????????????????????????

I can't believe I bought ztd.

I would put R11 below 999. It was unfinished and you can't understand many of the plot points without the wiki.

Well, as a Zero Escape fan I'm sure you've not only read the two official FAQs for the first two games but also that Uchikoshi's official explanation of the whole Kyle situation in which he states that the VLR epilogue is not cannon. You're not a brainlet for not knowing this, are you?

See up. Tldr: he will appear in our (player's) world in few years, december whenever that mars test site incident happened (don't remember the year).

Please don't pretend that wasn't a retcon to cover his ass

999 is good but did it never bother anyone that there was no way to know what routes you needed to take in order to get to the true ending? One of the only times I've ever had to look up a guide for a game because it was really tedious to check every combination.

The problem was that the build up in VLR amounts to almost nothing in ZTD, because Phi and Sigma job and do almost nothing while the fireman solves all the problems. Phi spends most of the latter half of the game dead. Makes you wonder why the fuck they needed to be sent back at all.

Where is SELF ?

Zero Escape is a much better series if you take the bonus ending of VLR as canon and pretend ZTD doesn't exist.

You all ready for Zero Escape 4?

Attached: coming soon more complex.jpg (583x668, 54K)

Oh it was. Whole ZTD felt as if he was completely burned out and didn't really want to make that game. But it's still an official statement of the man that created that story and world. It's still the Word of God, no matter how incompetent that Creator is.

Hahahaha fuck off uchikoshi.

Lmao

Relevant part of interview

japanator.com/japanator-exclusive-an-interview-with-too-kyo-games-kotaro-uchikoshi-36002.phtml

Attached: the hack himself.jpg (902x260, 28K)

>PLEASE SPIKE TAKE ME BACK, I CAN'T STAND KODAKA ANYMORE

Do we want more Zero Escapes, fellow fans?

I, for one, would LOVE another Zero Escape game!

So explain how someone would have been retarded for thinking it was going to happen then

It was not. Resent him for all the other things that were promised to be explained, but the Kyle thing was always just a metaphor for you, the player, going back in time along with the characters.

Yes, but I won't expect anything from it.

To this day, no one has given an explanation why Delta is not included in this or why no one thought it was strange or even mention it at all.

Attached: study.jpg (960x544, 83K)

Sure, why not. Just make it a self-contained thing though

After VLR he can go fuck himself.

999 was fucking terrible, VLR was better

Delta was obviously a last minute asspull
>h-hey guys, i-it's totally legit that there was a forth guy who was just off screen the entire time, r-r-right????

Oh, yes! Not gonna buy it though, but another shitposting epidemic is the best we can expect from the writer.

It's been a while since I played VLR so please refresh my memory, but how is Kyle - a character who has an actual personality and acts independently of the player's input - an appropriate choice of representative for the player going back in time with Sigma/Phi? What am I missing? Am I misremembering the framing of the scene?

I'll take another escape the room game even if I have to put through another ridiculous story
I don't remember, was Delta ever considered to be a player or was he just a random bystander? In any case the real answer is that he's not there because muh twist.

He's being a contrarian and pulling shit out of his ass to defend the lazy dropping of Kyle

You know you can see Delta's shadow in some scenes, right? Not all scenes though, that would spoil the reveal.

The game looks like a gmod animation, most people would just assume the graphics are fucking up

>spend 5 seconds adding a shadow to certain parts
>HA now our twist isn't an asspull!
Even if it was lightly foreshadowed the 'twist' so fucking retarded that it deserves to be mocked. Like we're as players just suppose to be okay with him being slightly off screen the entire time? That stretches the limits of disbelief too far and is dishonest as fuck

I'm saying that within the context of that ending Kyle acts as a stand in for you
I'm not, it's just that I binged through VLR and ZTD over one week and I thought VLR's hidden ending was 100% bullshit, and I was very surprised upon seeing that most of the fanbase took it seriously. I'm convinced that if they didn't have years to jerk off over their theories no one would be pissed off about Kyle.

Reminder, that in "I/O revision II" this guy
>Takeru Nobuaki
>Scenario plot/design assistance/overall supervision, Route A
had nothing whatsoever to do with the abysmal '-routes.

In fact, this part
>Scenario plot/design assistance/overall supervision
makes it likely that Nakazawa-written ending of Route E (the undisputed apex of this VN) is simply a paraphrase of this guy's work.

Moreover, reminder, that half of Root Double (D and Xtend routes combined), which is something like 30-40 hours long, converges on nothing more, than a point, that is a trivial particular of the I/O Route E point.

On 999/VLR level? Sure. Otherwise no.

The issues is that you're taking it in the context of a complete series. At the time VLR came out and the Kyle stuff was found, there was zero reason to assume he wouldn't be in ZTD.
Not to mention the entire reason Kyle went with Sigma was because Sigma loved his clone baby like a son, which has no application to the player at all. Further further more you might have had another point if the writer in a past game he made (Ever 17 and Blick Winkel) had literally made the player character or at least the guy reading the text an actual character in the story so people who knew of the writer's past work might have just been expecting something along those lines again.

Regardless calling someone retarded for thinking Kyle would appear in ZTD just makes you look like an idiot defending dropped plot points and frankly bad writing.

>999
>Phoenix Wright
>Dangan Ronpa
>Layton

What are some other good mystery/puzzle ganes?

>had literally made the player character
Meant hadn't of course

Ghost Trick

>that first AB round where he actually picks ally,
of all the shit that happens in the game, i didn't see this one coming

Attached: 1542643643486.png (480x360, 174K)

Wasn't it the kid who did it, not him?

Correct. Dio wasn't going to ally. It's not clear if Quark did it knowing Dio wanted to betray or not.

I didn't know Kyle wasn't in ZTD at the time of playing VLR, I just assumed he wasn't going to be in. I assumed that entire ending was nothing more than a blatant advertisement.
I haven't played any other games the writer worked on so I guess you got me there.
I'll admit I shouldn't have used the word "retard", I was being inflammatory for no reason, it's just that it bothers me personally that people shit on ZTD because I think there's a billion other things to complain about and Kyle is not one of them.

Reminder that Uchi himself said that we aren't getting a Q&A for ZTD.

How did things turn out this way?

Attached: pho.jpg (325x262, 26K)

To be fair, Kyle is just one of the more obvious things to bitch about. Personally the biggest offenders to me are Delta, his motivation and what happens during Eric and Mira's final ending

Pic related. It's free and 14 hours long so far. It's really good though. Better than Danganronpa atleast.

Attached: YourTurnToDie.png (807x614, 481K)

Realized too late that he wrote himself into a corner and doesn't want to be called out for it

>Dio can't stop twirling his moustache
>assume it's a red herring
>he really is the bad guy

Attached: itwasdio.jpg (800x450, 174K)

>They break out of prison decide to alien fax machine themselves to create a totally different timeline
Oh man, that's the dumbest, I didn't have to remember this.

There's also the part where Mira is no longer a sociopath now and wants to stop her past actions because...?

We are Kyle

>alien fax machine must be a red herring
>it's actually an alien fax machine

Because the penis cured her mental issues

It's this ?/Blick Winkel/The player entered Kyle's body so Kyle's conscious entered our body. Thus the existence of ZTD thanks to player support is really because of Kyle and he was the one guiding everyone.

*licks alcohol from the carpet*

>Game series goes from characters getting killed by one of their peers to characters being attacked by robot children with super strength
Should have never gotten any sequels

It's honestly pretty obvious that that sequence isn't canon when it breaks the fourth wall to directly talk to YOU, THE PLAYER and fellate you about how cool you are and how ONLY YOU CAN HELP SIGMA SAVE THE WORLD

The issue is that the writer has literally done that before in the past with a different game he wrote and it was canon there. People who had played his other games or knew about that thus just assumed it was canon as well

You're gonna have to post the infographic so I can play those games

>? points out Kyle did not exist in 2028, and thus would not have a body to enter, unless he uses ?'s own body. Akane affirms this claim

Kyle is using our bodies you absolute fucktards

Don't have any info-graph but en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_(video_game_series)

Oh, I should point out though that these are straight up VNs with no gameplay at all and are of varying quality
If you want crazy as hell twists though, they got a whole shit ton

But what if I die before 2028? How will Kyle go into my body?

I didn't really like the main concept of the game at least 2 people will die for no reason and 1 of them is rng based because of the card. At least in DR the ones dying in the trials did because they killed someone else themselves. But I enjoyed it anyways.
Great soundtrack too.

Attached: 1555947803510.png (162x122, 46K)

Unless the world gets nuked a player will always be alive

VLR had by far the best gameplay of all the games.

one character always presses ally, one character always presses betray, for the others you can generally guess what they're gonna do beforehand and in two instances the game fucks you over and the other person always picks whatever you don't pick because "lol timelines"

and you're telling me 999 didn't have the most retarded plot twist that can ever exist?

Should we all start working out so Kyle can be buff like his dad?

The main concept (trial) only gets used twice in this game so far. It's the focus of the game unlike Danganronpa focuses on trials.
Kaiji is a based Thot destroyer though. I'm a Kaifag though.

Attached: kai.png (189x199, 54K)

I'm sure someone else will do it for us

VLR was better solely due to the fact that it established its themes early on. While I appreciate 999 more nowadays, playing the whole game as an interesting murder mystery and then suddenly transitioning to the morphogenetic field stuff at the end left a slightly sour taste.

No, the morphogenetic field being a thing is much less retarded then the alien fax machines because at least all of 999 was spent building up to it
>the other person always picks whatever you don't pick because "lol timelines"
I can forgive this because it lead to one of the best 'wait, wtf' moments in the game when Sigma realized that he remembered another timeline

you must be a brainlet if you weren't able to catch onto the foreshadowing in 999

>I will choose ally, trust me

Attached: asdf.jpg (400x400, 26K)

and the other one is alice being a bitch no matter what you pick and probably the main reason why everyone hates her

oh yeah, you can totally understand the whole plot by akane having a fever when shit is going down

That was the Alice moment actually, though I agree shes a shitty and unlikable character

yes but only if it ties vlr and ztd, otherwise it's would be another shitty memefest

>muh foreshadowing
Then the Old Sigma VLR plot twist, together with the whole thing being on the moon is really good.

THANK YOU. I remember hating the end of 999 for this exact reason and I've never seen anybody post this in any threads about the series.

Old man Sigma was a decent twist
Moon was sorta stupid just because of the logistics of it all but not TOO awful.

Since some people who played Your Turn to Die are here.
Does pushing/not pushing fake Reko change much about part 2 of Chapter 2 since alice is alive/dead

I kept wanting to trust him. I kept waiting for some revelation to contextualize his actions and reveal something other than the irredeemable asswipe he appeared to be.
I am too soft.

Retard
The old Sigma twist is actually VERY heavily foreshadowed in a bunch of clever ways. There is a lot of dialog between the various cast members about you being old as shit looking.

I ended up pushing too but I checked the walkthrough afterwards and it says you end up in the same place as if you ran out of time during that section.

Is the game complete?

Bros I've solved it.
>Kyle was MIND HACC'ING us all along
is it... Kino?

I think that all of the nonary series' writing has a big flaw, and that's inconsistency. A big part of the games is how things play out differently if you pick another choice, but as a result some characters just go off the fucking rails. Like how Clover goes fucking mental and somehow manages to kill everyone through pure bullshit power. VLR is so painful to get through solely because by the time you get to the end EVERY fucking character betrays the SHIT out of you, and you're supposed to care if they live or die somehow despite them all taking their turn to drop any character or motivation to go "Lol see you faggots."

>That one timeline where he picks ally and you betray him, leaving him looking genuinely upset
Fuck Dio anyways.

>>That one timeline where he picks ally and you betray him, leaving him looking genuinely upset
When did that happen? Why did he ally?

this was kino

Attached: vlr team spirit.png (1920x1080, 549K)

Damn, Alice was a bitch. Fuck her

the most realistic timeline

Of all the things VLR forces you to do that's the one that leaves the worst taste in my mouth. Actually fuck Alice.

in it to win it

>not the timeline where the old guy and quark asks you to pick ally on the third round

I might have just imagined it. I'm pretty sure it's a nothing exchange where he goes "I'll ally with you! Honest! For real!" Then you betray him and he goes "Aw, man, you didn't trust me...?" But he betrays you if you do pick ally.
Whether or not this particular interaction actually existed, this is another problem I have with VLR. For some reason it makes sure to tell you that you're a fucking RETARD for every single choice you make, besides the ones that advance the main plot. When you fall for someone telling you to ally you get a big shot of them laughing in your face and fucking dabbing, and when you betray them you get called out for being a fucking shit eating scumbag who should go to hell.

I forget, was it Alice who ALWAYS picks betray? I could swear that she's the only one besides fucking DIO who betrays someone at literally every opportunity.

she picks ally if you pick betray first round (and vice versa)

>Pick betray expecting a dead end
>Story actually moves forward from here
My reaction was the same as Sigma's when it happened
So later I picked ally for shits and giggles and that was actually a dead end, not like the earlier Alice and Junpei vote.
Seriously, fuck alice, the stupid cunt

What was that room where it had a bunch of screens that showed all the cameras? I remember that being the creepiest ending.

>visual novel
>gameplay
looking at flowcharts isnt gameplay, dumbfuck

solving puzzles is

meme all you want, but zero escape "vns" are literally 50% gameplay because of the "room escape" sections

and they are all filler, the games would be so much better without those, but unironically

if you don't like them just skip them

they still have a lot of character interaction, lore and plot development, i simply want the to be like an actual vn section

I think you're misrembering. Dio always betrays. Alice is the one that changes when you make a different choice.

>that's not what you picked last time

Fucking dropped I'm not gonna let this game play me.

He can't, because Kyle is a clone of Sigma and Sigma can't mind hack. Unless of course that's the big plot twist in ZE4.

VLR was the best in the series. Best twists, best relationships and interactions with the cast, and I loved the voting.

Dumb boomerfaggot

Ch. 3 fucking when

Kek. With this and that earlier meltdown about Delta's reveal, I feel like some people just shouldn't play mystery games. Some people can just nod their heads if someone tells them a different truth than what they know. Some people just stop and go "NO".

It was all about taking different routes. By the time you get to the neutral ending, the end cutscene tells you the order you should take the doors to reach the true route.

based and uchipilled opinion

>we'll never see that cut scene where he rapes clover
Pretty shit desu, they already ruined her character in VLR so they may as well have gone all the way

Only if the antagonists motives were complex

Dio had a mission, so his douchebaggery was alright. But fuck Alice and Clover, is like MUH ALICE, MUH CLOVER with them both. Is annoys the fuck out of me that they don´t care for anyone else.

I mostly agree with this, but VLR should be below Ever17.

Phi=Sigma>Luna>Garbage>The rest>Cuckpei>Akane

Sigma's got some great fucking genes to create Phi the bitchy redhead and MINDHACC the complex motives madman.

Delta's reveal was fucking stupid though and required the game to basically lie to you by leaving out vital information that everyone but the player knew about and was never talked about just to fool you.
It's basically as bad as how you play the killer in Heavy Rain but he does and even literally thinks things that make no sense for him to do if that's true

>Some pseudo-jumpscares.
please tell me they aren't that scary
i'm a weakass but i want to read it

>Old man Junpei makes a point in one of the endings of VLR about how Akana's plan to 'save' the future' by sacrificing a bunch of other ones was hella fucked up and about how even those bad endings had value because of the people living in them in and their experiences
>moral point is never expressed again in the series at any point at all

Attached: 1562204192565.jpg (235x215, 7K)

Because everyone suddenly gains timeline teleporting powers so it's fucking fine I guess.

Get fit and go to uni.

>moral point is never expressed again in the series at any point at all

I Didn't Finish ZTD: The Post

It wasn't scary at all for me but I don't know how others will deal with it.

thanks
i'll try it out

No, the ending of ZTD is them literally deciding that their own happiness is all that matters and basically all porting into the best timeline.
Unless you mean the ending where Sigma and whats her face has kids, which..I legit don't remember it being expressed but I suppose I wouldn't be overly surprised by it now that I think of it.

Also you now remember that there were multiple versions of Phi running around in the same timeline including an old lady version that raised herself or some shit

>It requires the game to basically lie to you by leaving out vital information everyone knew about but no one talked about to fool you
That sounds more like you're taking it personally, for some reason. As though the writers personally slighted you by not being forthwith with this information. Like a lover scorned because they didn't tell you they'd be out with friends tonight. I understand wanting to be given all the pieces of a puzzle so you can put it together immediately, but throwing a hissy fit because you have to complete the rest of the puzzle to get that one piece you're missing makes you look like a bitch.

The Heavy Rain example is good at least. David Cage is a moron.

Pretty sure Delta is the middle right, considering his birthplace. I guess people just assumed it was supposed to represent Sean.

They literally discuss whether or not they should do it knowing they're dooming their other timeline selves. You can't say it's not brought up when it is explicitly brought up.

I'm not really offended over it, it's been years since I played the game and i'm mainly just playing up how mad it made me cause Yea Forums. I just don't get why someone would defend a twist that really really dishonest and how it went about it.

>required the game to basically lie to you by leaving out vital information
That's also what 999 and VLR did. It isn't new.

I agree. I liked the VLR Sigma twist though since there are tons of references to it throughout the game if you replay, more than just a few throwaway comments. ZTD just felt like it was trying to replicate that moment but without any planning.

What info did 999 leave out in a meta sense? Characters lie to you but that's not the same as the camera just happening to leave him out of view each time
VLR I can kinda see being the case for old Sigma but it's thrown in your face fairly often to the point that if you replay it, it seems really obvious now that you know what you're looking for.

There are references to Delta as well

There's like two and it's not handled well. Off the top of my head it's like a few shadows and an extra arm or something there? They never talk about how there are actually four of them or anything that would make sense

reddit.com/r/ZeroEscape/comments/4qsmvu/ztd_spoilerslets_find_all_of_the_foreshadowing/

Are you retarded? The only suspension of disbelief required for VLR is that Sigma never saw his reflection anywhere. In ZTD, for example, the Delta twist is predicated on them calling Sean by his first name the entire fucking game. Except you never see this once.

I'm going to say it, ZTD was a decent game in terms of story but not what they promised to us. Why the fuck couldn't they just give us a proper ending? Why couldn't they give us a final answer for everything?

not him, but 999 did the double screen thing which in hindsight is kinda like sigma's or delta's reveal

>999 is the best
>VLR is the best
I honestly think it all comes down to if you like Junpei and Akane more, or if you like Sigma and Phi more.

Junpei and Akane was more like a waifu bait thing personally. While Sigma and Phi worked like best buddy buddy-cop relation. Which the latter worked so much better.

>Zero Time Dilemma is an anagram for "Me? I'm Zero, I'm Delta"

>Decision Game = Deci = 10 players, including Q

>I'm not that offended
>Repeats that stupid shit about it being dishonest
Kek, you fucking baby. Did you make an agreement with the game developers that this wouldn't happen? Did they promise you, up front, that there wouldn't be some old man in a wheelchair constantly being vaguely referenced and hinted at? I just don't get why someone would hold a personal grudge against a video game and whine about it in every thread about it.

Hey buddy if ztd gets a sequel I'm packing 18 inches

But route A was the best route by far while E shit the bed

bruh

twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1149763917956231169?s=19
well, do you guys want another one?

Attached: phi asking.gif (160x240, 547K)

For me it's also about the game design of each. VLR has a much better interface for doing all the routes, whereas 999's constant restarts from the beginning are a bit of a pain.

There's also some pacing issue with the story (YO JUMPY WE BOUT TO DIE BUT LEMME TELL YOU ABOUT THE TITANIC) but the main thing for me is VLR feels much better as a game to overcome my stronger attachment to 999's cast.

>There's also some pacing issue with the story (YO JUMPY WE BOUT TO DIE BUT LEMME TELL YOU ABOUT THE TITANIC)
Who doesn't love being taught a lesson while freezing in a refrigerator?

Kinda but I'm not sure if I really consider it the same thing.
In ZTD it's more just them considering what it means that they're murdering off other versions of themselves while in VLR its that Junpei gets pissed off that Akane basically considers every timeline but the one where shes the happiest as being worthless. Basically he's mad that to her his pain, suffering and struggles didn't have real value and were just stepping stones to her perfect ending.
So like similar sorta but still pretty fucking different
>you have to be offended to notice or call out bad mystery writing
lol okay user

ZTD shattered any confidence I have in Uchikosi's ability to expand the series, so no I think I'm good. I might be open to an entirely new IP based on escape rooms, though.

Uchikoshi has some really good taste.

Attached: file.png (473x116, 15K)

VLR had the shitty door cutscenes though

what's Danganrnonpa?

>danganronpa

ever17=>remember11>999>>shit=vlr>never7>ztd

Danganronpa is good, kill yourself contrarian.

Attached: 1553180408514.png (360x502, 416K)

>ever17
redpill me on ever17. i never played it but i heard that it has the same plot device as 999, is it true?

Should have just been a one off. Every game after that and their attempts to expand the world / lore just made it more and more stupud

Not him but...
>i heard that it has the same plot device as 999, is it true?
No, not at all. Also it's like 85% really fucking boring and then 15% mind blowingly insane

Even he likes VLR more.

Attached: file.png (802x133, 31K)

Every single thing uchi has worked on after ever17 reuses it's twists but it was never as efficient. Remember11 does some pretty interesting stuff with it unlike zero escape. The only reason I rank 999 so highly is because the Ds thing is absolutely genius.

Kind of agree. 2 was an interesting idea and had some pretty fucked-up scenes in the endgame, but anything after that is just unbelievably awful.

I imported the PSP version before it was officially localised. I read it in japanese, again with the fan translation, and bought 1/2 on Vita. 1 was a decent first entry but aimed at 13 year olds. I stuck with it because I thought it had potential, but the series dropped harder than ZTD after the ending of 1. It would've maybe been an ok game as a standalone. The official localisations are especially terrible, loaded with shitty references and adding random stuff like "blackened".

If Kodaka's best friend has read Higurashi then Kodaka must have read Umineko
What a madman, to write V3 after seeing how it turned out for Ryukishi

Attached: 1514431571710.png (720x620, 595K)

post yfw betrayed for the first time

Attached: 33302286_478694419211647_475177301680586752_n.jpg (576x576, 78K)

I got a ways into ever17 way back when 999 first came out and I wanted more. I think I was in the middle of the Sora ending but then I looked up an ending guide and decided I didn't feel like sitting through it all that many times.
Like said, it just seems really fucking boring for most of the time. ZE keeps the stakes high pretty much all the way through, which really helps the playability.
This track still gets stuck in my head sometimes though: youtube.com/watch?v=mmuLlROPVLo

I also got a bit into the second route of r11 and was really enjoying it until my hard drive died. It's been almost 10 years and I still don't have the motivation to start it over.

If I were to replay r11 or e17, whats the best version? Or is PC all thats available in english?

V3 really is a lot like Umineko, good story until the end that fucks it all up.

The pc versions are probably the best but psp version of both are also pretty alright

The fact that 999 is just filled with so many random goddamned non-sequiturs and red herrings by the time you finish it is just weird to me. Almost all of it is taken entirely seriously by the game itself but then it's never referenced again and basically just becomes disconnected from anything that's even happening.

You have to be offended to notice and call out something while only being able to say "The game lied to me!"
If you used any other wording it'd be fine. If you went into depth on why you think Delta's reveal is stupid despite all the references to him I wouldn't think you're such a retard. But instead your argument is "If they aren't CONSTANTLY talking about this blind, deaf old man how am I supposed to know he was there the whole time?" You fucking pussy.

Why did they change how espers work in VLR?

>You have to be offended to notice and call out something
Imagine unironically thinking that you can't negatively critique something without being personally offended.
Internet flame wars have completely melted peoples brains, it's fucking sad.

ZTD should never have been made. The hype from the ending of VLR was in finding everything out and everyone banding together to go and get shit sorted. There's no way they could make a new game that expects you to know so many small details from the beginning, so they were forced to either make a new cast of characters or ignore half of it, which they did. A real sequel (a continuation of VLR after the time jump with the same gameplay, visuals and no gaps) would've been solid, but it's not viable as a marketable product.

>The only suspension of disbelief required for VLR is that Sigma never saw his reflection anywhere
That and that he never noticed that his voice had changed considerably due to age.

Eh, I don't see that as being too odd. Who actually listens to the sound of their own voice when they're talking?

Imagine trying to deflect, ad hominem, and then take the moral high ground all at once. I don't actually care if you're offended or not, but it's obvious that you are anyways. You little bitch. Go cry about it somewhere else.

Probably. SHIFTing is apparently something all espers can do. It's something that non-espers can even do if they're around SHIFTers. I think the cop-out is that they're different kinds of espers or that it's a stronger version of Junpei and Akane's timeline/time travel mind link.

VLR had that shitty faggot tryhard rabbit so
999 every time.

I played it on Playstation, so the whole DS aspect got botched for me.

More like i'm not taking you seriously because you most likely 1) didn't read what I wrote since I and other people who I didn't see the need to repeat did give a few pretty glaring example of it being dishonest in the sense that it cheaply kept info of the player that they logically should have gotten and only didn't because the narrative wouldn't have worked otherwise and 2) You're putting words into my mouth and claiming I said things I never did so you've already proven you're not arguing in good faith, so why would I waste my time debating you?

I love Lagomorph!

Zero time dilemma does have RNG, but the idea is that you can find work-arounds

>do the monty hall problem correctly
>get fucked on the 10% rng
That was a good one

Attached: 1562392358830.png (622x494, 293K)

It's hard to say, but it's always something about yourself that you're going to be pretty well acquainted with regardless of whether or not you actively pay attention to how you sound while speaking. For example, when I first heard my voice recorded I immediately noticed how different it sounded to what I normally hear from my own perspective, so I can't quite imagine you wouldn't immediately notice something was off about the way you sounded if you suddenly woke up with the voice of a 70 year old.

>They never talk about how there are actually four of them or anything that would make sense
In the very first cutscene Eric makes a comment saying Q is incapable of being the leader, the first time you see it you think he's talking about the fact that Q is a kid but he's just talking about Delta.
There's plenty of foreshadowing, it's just that there's also a lot of parts where the game lies to you to avoid spoiling the twist.

Recommend me some VNs. Any and all as long as they are good

I enjoyed Root Double

>why are you doing this
>"I'm trying to save my little sister from dying"
>why are you doing this
>"we are trying to send people's minds back in time to save humanity"
>why are you doing this?
>"my motives are complex, also aliens"

Attached: 1467511218968.jpg (500x680, 114K)

I enjoyed ZTD I didn’t mind the mind hack or the complex motives. I had fun playing The game, doing the puzzles and seeing what was next in a series I enjoyed.

The only thing I dislike about any of that is that these threads stopped being comfy for a long long time after release because of non stop shitposts about mind hack and complex motives

That's fair.

Root Double's cool, and also the sciadv series (steins;gate, chaos;head and its sequel chaos;child, and soon to be robotics;notes). Infinity series is cool but it's a spiritual predecessor to zero escape so a lot of twists will already be spoiled.

>Decision game starts with "deci", which means ten
Does this make sense in japanese?

I WAITED 6 MONTHS FOR YOU

Attached: 1562389857749.png (698x1284, 271K)

Root Double is probably passable as a VN but it's kind of a letdown after something as branchy as VLR. They tout something like "30 endings" but ~24 of them are "oops you handled this situation wrong and died instantly" without any real branch at all. The Sympathy System is a novel concept but in practice it makes it really hard to steer your choices because it's really vague what it means.

For example
>Someone runs into a fire
>Want to save them
>Set their value to high
>>You set their value to high, therefore you trusted them to be okay, so they ran into the fire and died, the end

This is not a literal situation from the game to avoid spoilers, but a lot of choices in this game make [GLASS HIM] or [COMFORT MISHA] look well defined.

Also, I felt the True Ending was a bit of a cop out that threw away the complexity and depth of the characters and their motives and why someone would do that for "oh they were evil all along, lmao didn't you realize? I just proved it with one rando comment".

Glass him is fucking well defined. Anyone who thought that meant you’d clink glasses together or some shit is retarded

ON THE MEAT BONE

It's always funny to see someone get thrown off by that

And yet it's still the best ending of the DR games.

How does it feel to have absolutely zero taste? ZTD has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Personally I agree, which is why I say that it's a lot clearer than the stuff in Root Double. That being said, it's an easily recognizable meme that anyone on Yea Forums should know.

SEESAW EFFECT

Attached: 1562556017353.jpg (320x320, 24K)

I actually liked Kiyo, and his case was the second best for me just below 5. And that's without counting he killed Angie fuck her

Cheers user, just started Ever17 again on PSP
This time I'll try and see it through

I liked it. For all the shitposting about it the complex motives aren’t as far fetched as they suggest. He needed their shifting powers developed and them 100% committed to pursuing an ideal timeline even when it meant dooming an alternate one. He succeed in being about that scenario.

The alien fax machine was pretty lame though

Attached: when you realize you fucked up.jpg (1024x578, 54K)

Carlos did literally nothing wrong.

Attached: 1555864205853.png (1224x772, 1018K)

I just hated how it turned out that we didn't actually stop THE REAL BIG BAD and that the game was just about setting up a team to do so and then we never follow through on that

Based
>tfw almost zero sfw art of him

Well he’s talked about making another game. I’d like to see it to the conclusion

Forgot pic

Attached: 1527628569420.png (740x948, 653K)

Quit memeing, the groups just hanging out and talking about the Monty Hall problem or whatever was cool. I really liked that ending where Sigma and Diana get stuck in the base.

>Delta didn't design a fail safe that activated at the last possible moment to free them so that they at least lived on in that timeline after what they needed to do was done.
What a dick

I'm not memeing the game is just that shitty. None of what you just said was good and in fact the last thing you said was laughably bad. If you think ZTD was anything but a rancid turd you have brain problems.

Carlos was pretty based for an actual retard

>why did you choose betray?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Uchi only said it was non-canon after ZTD left those plot points untouched. The Q&A never disregarded the plot points from that ending, and actually even gave real answers like "you" also paralleling Blick Winkel from Infinity.

Attached: worry.png (218x240, 119K)

Just leave the thread already Mr. "Dishonest".

E17 is garbage. 999 is the only truly great game uchi has made unless remember11 is actually kino or something because I have yet to play it.

I know the plot twist of Remember 11 and I still don't get the story

Make me bitch.

Anyone who played VLR and doesn't think Luna's route (especially that ending) is god tier needs to leave Yea Forums immediately.

Luna has no real emotions and was just programmed to pretend so. That bullshit at the end about her 'beating it' was just a lie that Sigma himself programmed in to get his past self all emotional because it had already worked on him due to time loop stuff

Fuck no, make similar games to it but don't make another sequel. Uchikoshi don't know how to keep characters consitent between games and create a bunch of stupid threads that he can't resolve. That's why ZTD sucked so hard.

Didn't think I'd end up liking him. He was annoying at first and a fairly transparent attempt at making their own Monokuma, but he got charming really quick

Even though ZTD was mostly shit, I really love Carlos, he's probably my second favorite character in the series, right after Seven.

see

I hope you're not implying that the route is bad because of that. Also, the argument could be made that she genuinely felt those emotions, even if she was you know what. A kind of a "free will" position.

>Carlos
>retard
My sides

Nah, it was a good route
>the argument could be made that she genuinely felt those emotions
Not really, sorry dude but we were played just like Sigma was.

This time. This time I believe you Dio. This time I'm sure you wouldn't betray me. We had so many bonding memories together. So many great moments and treasures.

A shame that the connection between Diana and Luna was too obvious, I even managed to guess the "plot twist" way before it happened. Also, I think I'm one of those rare people who actually loves the Delta plot twist. I just love the fact that he was next to you all along.

>tfw trusted Dio and thought he was a good guy
It felt really bad when I found out that not only was he a shithead, but also one of many clones.

I don't think the Diana and Luna thing was suppose to be a plot twist in ZTD? Or maybe it's just because everyone realized something like it was happening because Luna's voice is the same as the person giving out the distress call you hear in VLR

I chocked the voice thing up to budget. Why hire a new person for a page of dialogue

It was since Diana wasnt even mentioned in VLR so you learn thats where Lunas design came from. As for the voice I have a feeling that was something accidental that he then later wrote into ZTD as a callback.

It was pretty obvious from VLR. Maybe if it wasnt as fresh in your mind when ZTD came out as for others but as soon as we saw this everyone knew.

Attached: 2.png (1600x1782, 1M)

I'm pretty sure that Diana was "mentioned" in VLR when it was said that Sigma designed Luna off of a girl he met in the D-Com facility.

Oh I knew Diana was Luna from sight. I was just saying sharing a voice actor in vlr was probably budget

It's the same voice actress as Luna in English and Japanese in the test site recording. For a single line they could have easily gotten anyone else in there to record a throw away line.

I haven't played VLR in a while, what did Alice to make her a bitch again?

>expecting the je... Japanese to spend money needlessly

She was a gal before gals were popular.

nothing, she was realistic.

The 4 year gap showed that he needs to be constantly in the zone writing, and we would be reaching another 4 year gap, so no.

The point is they had to pay a real voice actor for the line and not just send a developer or intern in there.

Too bad main hero can't feel that fucking metal shit on his face (and neither cast member says anything about it). And that mirrors are conveniently blurry.
It's a dumb twist and it breaks apart no matter how many times Phi says "you stupid old fuck". I mean, he touches his face few times, if I remember correctly. Can't he fucking feel with his bionic arms (that can feel stuff) that he has wrinkles and his hair is partly gone?

Puzzles are the worst part of the game.

>Banshe's Last Cry
we will get it in English some day

It pisses me off that every time I see a ZE thread, it already has hundreds of replies and nobody sees the shit I post, but here I go again:

The reason ZTD is shit and you guys are all arguing about dropped plot points and whatever else is because Uchikoshi. Changed. The. Entire. Story.

In an interview he said he was literally bored of ZE3 because he already knew what it was about (no shit Uchi? You’re the creator) and rewrote it to make it more of a surprise for him. This was before ZTD was revealed. But if VLR had sold well and ZE3 didn’t go on hours, we would have gotten the real story because he wouldn’t have gotten bored. ZTD is literally non-canon because it’s a different game than what the sequel to VLR was supposed to be. Now we just need to get Uchi to reveal what the original story was.

*whip out a kickstarter*

nothing personel

Uchikoshi can't close plot threads to save his life so he should do something else

kys contrarian, vlr was the best

vlr was shit so is you

House in Fata Morgana.

Looks like shit to be honest.

Higurashi, best VN I have read.
We'll see the original story in 2028. Can't wait!

Attached: fuck this shit im out.gif (500x284, 1.05M)

The fragment system throws the pacing into the trash can and it has nothing to do with the writing

Everyone knows that at this point

>ZTD is literally non-canon because it’s a different game than what the sequel to VLR was supposed to be.
ZTD is literally canon because that's what the author chose. Unless he discards it and makes the game that was originally planned.

>I don't remember, was Delta ever considered to be a player
He was a player, the reason why Eric suspected Sean so much is because Delta was Q.

But the writing was bad too.

VLR has to also be changed for ZTD to be canon.

That clearly Eric. Sean is in the center.

a realistic bitch

Yeah, which is why I don't take the serie too seriously. It's all fun when the games are all self contained, and the moment you try to link them together, you have to rely on Uchikoshi's interviews, and they still don't solve the plot holes.

That’s true. It’s just that the original story he wrote is the one that all of us waited for after finishing VLR, and he scrapped it for a new one. I hope one day he’ll reveal what it was.

Wasn't it just a rumor? For all we know we got exactly what he planned.

Rance.

iirc he said that in an interview, I don't have the pic right now and I don't remember where though

>When Uchikoshi was developing the second and third games simultaneously, he had the plot skeleton for the third game which was left intact, but the rest of the game became totally different. It’s because when he was writing the plot, he already knew what the outcome was going to be, so he might end up getting bored in writing the scenario. In order to avoid that, he had a suggestion to ‘surprise himself even more’, which resulted in the story getting changed.

Source is apparently from a Famitsu interview. Let me see if I can track it down.

vlr was the far better game

Real talk I enjoyed 999 but when I got to VLR I was so fucking confused on what was going on. Granted I watched a let’s play of them so that might’ve taken away from the experience I still had a good time with 999 but VLR was just so fucking complicated I couldn’t understand

I decided to finish the series and watched the same nigga do a let’s play of the last game (forgot the name I think it’s Zero Time Dynamic?) And that one was even more confusing

So if you were to ask me

>999: 9/10
>VLR: 6/10
>ZTD: 3.5/10

i got another anagram for you

Attached: 1467651684191.png (459x116, 36K)

Attached: satoru facepalm.png (532x557, 263K)

Oh...so these are the people that hate on VLR. I get it now.

Attached: luna worried.gif (202x254, 1.54M)

Chad

>Granted I watched a let’s play of them

Attached: 1467850598967.png (1349x710, 1.01M)

I don’t hate it it’s just confusing for me, and if it’s confusing for me it’s gonna be confusing for all other normies too

How can VLR be confusing? It explains everything.

Attached: clover 2.gif (200x329, 36K)

Attached: (You).jpg (640x360, 79K)

Not him but no. I hate vlr because it's just a trashier ever17 that unlike r11 and 999 added nothing to the usual twist.

>game with no gameplay
All ZE games have gameplay though.

>Granted I watched a let’s play of them
Unironically kill yourself.

>I wouldn’t waste money on a game with no gameplay
So you admit you're too retarded to figure out how pirate 3DS games? Can't say I'm surprised.

Not really, the main character was this old man robot that came from the past to stop a virus form spreading out on the moon or some shit. I don’t get it at all

You must be shitposting. No way you aren't posting right now laughing your ass off.

Attached: Phiembarrassed.png (597x597, 249K)

The only character I actually thought was enjoyable was Dio but he ended up being a suicidal clone cult member that wanted to destroy humanity

Like... ??????

I’m not good with computers so even if I wanted to pirate a game I probably wouldn’t be able to figure out how

Why did Delta need to be offscreen the whole time other than to have a twist? Couldn't he have just been hiding somewhere?

Attached: ruse.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

Because Uchikoshi wanted another "mastermind was one of you all along" twists again.

It's a twist for (you), not the characters. I guess there was something from the VLR epilogue's Blick Winkel-type entity planned, but...

Basically ZTD was about having twists just for the sake of having twists. Look at the "they were all in the same ward" twist. It made no difference to the plot whether or not they were in the same ward.

Sigma swapped consciousnesses with his future self. In the future, he has robot arms because shit happens over the course of like 50-ish years. There he played a game on the Moon his future self constructed so he could be flung back to the past with lots of future knowledge to be able to prevent a near world ending virus from being spread on Earth
It's simple stuff

I seriously thought that they'd call Delta out on the cameras once they realized that they could get to each other no problem, but nope he's an old dude that Q team was dragging the entire time with almost 0 indicators

stop replying to the shitposter

So Yea Forums, left or right to fug

Attached: wlp.png (500x281, 194K)

>Watched lets play
>Think his opinions has any worth at all
Man, you are beyond being retarded and a huge fucking faggot.

Is this a trick question?
Right.

left=reddit
imagine wanting to fuck a literal robot

The fuck? Did someone change Alice's outfit?

Hate fuck Alice. Where is the alternative costume from?

Literally nothing wrong with watching a playthrough of visual novels.

>literally 0 porn of either
I wish zero escape wasnt so niche

Attached: 1548911335914.jpg (760x570, 111K)

Right a bitch
Left for loving missionary while holding hands

You want to fuck an actual robot?

VLR had a lot of crap weighing it down (shitty 3D models, the fucking rabbit mascot character, ending that's just a prologue for a sequel, etc.) but overall was still really engaging and interesting.

I maintain that ZtD is the only bad game in the trilogy.

>he didn't like the rabbit mascot character
Shit taste.

Attached: lagomorph.gif (410x228, 1020K)

I wonder
does Luna have the parts?

Attached: 1403031424848.gif (280x189, 835K)

>spends 28+ hours playing a “game” that’s just people talking and I Spy
>calls me retarded

Ok

Attached: 61516D84-4D67-4461-B29F-E34A2F74D602.jpg (1024x1024, 97K)

Yes, but its a fleshlight

they honestly were in the right

think about it, if free the soul didn't kill everyone on the moon then radical six would of gotten out

Attached: Free_the_Soul.png (250x327, 25K)

what the fuck is going on with that Alice?

But why did he set up another nonary game? That part seems completely unnecessary

the puzzles and shit were meant to enhance his timeline jumping powers or some shit

Yeah, why not?

please stop replying to that literal mouthbreather, leave him alone

Should I play ZTD already or should I just keep pretending that it doesn't exist?

Play it you coward

Play it, it's not that THAT bad. It's decent for a standalone game, but not for a ZE game that was meant to finish the story.

That’s... weird. I don’t understand the logic behind it but I appreciate your efforts in trying to explain it to me thank you

Free the Soul didn't kill anyone on the moon

You think that's bad? The first ending I got was the one where unconscious Alice somehow fucks you over

what are you talking about? what reality are you living in?

Attached: luna1.jpg (720x408, 58K)

Free the Soul isn't even bad. It's the Myrmidons that are bad. I know they're connected, but I had a theory that in the original ZE3 story, Brother was trying to stop the Myrmidons because they got too out of hand and became evil. The only thing we learned about Brother in VLR is that he wanted to cleanse people and make them a new person. The Myrmidons were the ones who beat people up and who wanted to release Radical-6. Alice even said it was hard to pin any of the misdeeds of the Myrmidons on Brother, which I think is because Brother was secretly good.

Yeah you gotta feel our pain

Attached: sigma.png (300x400, 71K)

So was Carlos Brother?

who the fuck knows, fuck ztd

I just finished ZTD. Holy fuck that was stupid. Like half the plot points from VLR were dropped, and the ones that weren’t were followed up in a very unsatisfactory way. Well at least I have closure now, so that’s good. Also doesn’t this mean that there is now a second Carlos in all timelines?

Attached: 563A244F-8FD8-4D62-8F78-CADECAE0B789.png (255x251, 105K)

>second Carlos
Only one way to solve this problem.

Attached: 1467872089481.png (1267x517, 819K)

excuse me what is that alice outfit

Attached: 1468699862851.jpg (800x600, 135K)

>missing pre-release hype and post-release memes

Attached: prank.gif (306x277, 2.66M)

I miss the pre release daily threads

Attached: Punished Sigma.jpg (470x470, 264K)

>the dog might die
Jesus, how close that guy was.

Attached: ztd .jpg (1703x720, 233K)

Attached: 1537945817554.jpg (470x470, 118K)

Attached: i'm sorry i'd take it back if i could.png (565x307, 46K)

oh how naïve we were

Attached: 1467659138701.png (1476x2301, 1.48M)

Other versions got cucked by censorship. Since Alice had her tits out the whole game

cringy contrarian kid

Attached: Eric.jpg (756x1147, 363K)

what other versions? the pc port?

I played the pc port just recently, she's still got the booby obscuring necklace

Possibly Vita too. Never played the Vita one

Reminder

Attached: genius.png (1600x3600, 3.91M)

Attached: 1467656183218.png (936x936, 991K)

Attached: PUSH IIIIIT.gif (956x537, 439K)

Why the fuck is Alice wearing a top?

>Play ZTD to see what all the fuss is about
>Do the intro for each group and roughly 2 or so escape sequences before dropping it due to the godawful structure
I'm shocked people pushed through enough to get to all the retarded twists. Who thought that structure was remotely a good idea?

Attached: life is simply unfair.png (719x404, 492K)

Is this the 3dscuck version?

The PSVita version has the tit ring, at least in the USA it does

EU had it, too.

Nice try nitenbaby

I'm the guy who made that and there was something else I noticed about the Right/Left thing that I never added.

Attached: mrright.png (759x435, 405K)

ZTD has some super fucking clever stuff in it (the room being the same for instance), easily on par with the twists of the other games.

The problem is the writing is mostly bad, the switch from a VN format to the Telltale 3D cutscenes was horrific, and the forgotten plothreads from VLR.

Still want the proto nonary game prequel Ace was in

I played that horrible version and no, she didn't use that top.

T. Didn't read the post.

Could have been a cool final puzzle if you had to figure out the proper order of events. Also people hoped it would play into the ?/Blickwinkel aspect that VLR's epilogue teased.

>love 999's setting
>despise vlr's setting but really like the meta narrative
>hate all of ZTD other than the coping memes

>the room being the same
That was one of the worst twists ever because it did nothing for the plot and was only a twist just to have one. It was only there to fool the player.

When I played through VLR, I would legitimately be extremely reluctant to betray anybody, and I would get anxiety and be afraid of the character's reaction, especially Luna. What is wrong with me?

Attached: 1539657042639.png (158x160, 2K)

whats the point of changing anything when all the shit timelines still exist

>Is probably X, I have no idea, but I just throwing this out there

Having to redo all the puzzles and scroll though the text was a bitch. Even knowing what to do, it took at least 30m just to do a new run through.

WHAT IS THAT OUTFIT

TAKE YOUR TOP OFF

who?

>Could have been a cool final puzzle if you had to figure out the proper order of events
I'm not sure I'd forgive the game for it, but I'd definitely give it some leeway if that had happened. I also don't think the whole idea is fundamentally flawed, it was just implemented awfully.

>tfw Luna never betrayed

>T. Still didn't read.
I said possibly, I didn't play that version.

Attached: (you).jpg (800x600, 118K)

thesaurus.com/browse/probably

Kanny is a husbandbeater!

Attached: 1539466951699.png (380x580, 195K)

akane is a dumbass retard that corrupted jumpy

Here's a (you), hope it helps you cope with your crippling retardation

Shit my bad I didn't realize you were ESL.

Same, till I got betrayed by JunCuck, ASlut and Mr.Roboto

And then doesn't know why Junpei is the way he is

>Cope reply
You just need to shut the fuck up next time. There is no need to throw out uneducated guesses when you can fucking google the answer.

why didn't akane just go back to him after 999? he wouldn't have been an edgy fuck then

MUH TIMELINE MUST BE PERFECTLY THE SAME IN ORDER TO CHANGE IT

Akane used Junpei.

she really is a whore, remember that elevator scene? what a horny whore, i hate akane

Attached: 1552076380640.jpg (500x400, 91K)

>calls someone else retarded
If English was your 1st language you would know those 2 words have similar.... You know what you were right user I misspoke about a possible answer to a question. I am sorry

God I remember how fucking hyped I was for this shitheap
>999 and VLR are both fucking fantastic
>VLR ends on a massive cliffhanger, everyone hyped as shit for the final entry
>game bombs because normalfags have shit tastes
>3rd game won't get greenlit because of sales
>Yea Forums fan campaign with a massive outcry in show of support for the series, actually gets acknowledged by Uchikoshi
>silence for years, Uchi fucks off to work on some anime.
>series presumed dead
>3 years later some bullshit ARG site from Aksys suddenly pops out of nowhere
>site cryptically updates for months, nobody can tell if it's actually ZE3 or not
>ZE3 finally gets announced through a botched Aksys livestream, Yea Forums reliant on in-person twitter faggots for updates
>board collectively busts a nut
>youtube.com/watch?v=na8NfZuYFNQ
>Uchi says they're going back to the gritty horror style of 999
>board collectively busts another nut
>pre-release hype threads for months
>tons of speculation on how shit's gonna go down, everyone hyped as fuck
>after over a year ZTD finally comes out
>it's shit
>threads turn into massive shitposting and memes to cope

ZTD along with MGSV are unironically some of the biggest disappointments of my life.
I will never not be mad.

Attached: 1482613287278.jpg (529x457, 35K)

Ditto, I played VLR the day it came out, I loved it, and I was in suspense for four years - FOUR FUCKING YEARS - and I got a shitpile of a game in the end
Makes sense considering her "status" and character. And the fact that she's a pure angel.

>that video got reuploaded
oh shit user thank you for posting it

So is there any possibility that Kyle is controlling Delta's body?

>youtube.com/watch?v=ojf8xSQiZ4E
kek

Who's Kyle?

>some aksys person says the game is 40h long on twitter
>finish it with 19h and I got stuck on some puzzles
I'm still upset about it.

Attached: 1558469543025.png (688x440, 52K)

Anyone paying attention to AI and Lemniscate and all that shit?
>that video where she says "My favorite character is Kyle"
made me crack up

>tfw ztd was my first game but i stopped playing it 3 hours in and decided to go to the beginning
I don't regret it at all, really good VN.

VLR was terrible tho, people that liked it unironically deserve ZTD

What did you dislike about it user?

It didn't have soul

These CGI screens always felt like they were made in MMD for me

Oh so you don't have a real answer

youtube.com/watch?v=gFJ1r6_4mW4
Post your favorite OST.

Based

Each option has a scripted outcome. Later in the story, certain choices will lead to a quick bad ending, but they are generally pretty obvious, and you can quickly reload to the choice so there's no real danger of picking the "Wrong" option.

Wait, the Monty Hall one is actually still random? That's great. I mean that sucks but that's still great.

This retard is not me
My actual response :
99% of the game is a setup for a gigantic infodump that has literally NOTHING to do with ANY of the central conflicts of most of the game, most characters are completely vestigial and serve no real purpose in the narrative (only Luna, Dio and Phi really do), the game starts you off with some elements of the greater narrative at play but never goes back to them or gives you much more to work with before you're basically done with 90% of the story. It's just bad writing 101.

I hope the one with the dice is random too, I know you get it guaranteed on the third attempt but would be funny if someone actually got that lucky.

Attached: 1562125816566.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

I think all the probabilities in the game are actually accurate aside from the dice roll and coin toss.

It is on iOS
While it's easy to see how glassing him would actually be an act of violence, not every culture uses "glass" as a verb so it is easy to assume it'd mean getting him a drink.
t. Someone who actually knew what it meant before playing TWAU

Attached: zawa.png (643x360, 139K)

I wish ZTD had been better. I liked the fractured structure of it where you piece together the story as you go along.
Would have been nice if you could skip the introduction chapter for the other two groups after seeing it once though.

Aside from the obvious "not quite satisfying conclusion to what VLR set up" complaint, I think my biggest issue with the game was that Akane felt like a completely different character. Despite the previous two games setting her up as being super cold and calculating, suddenly she's the emotional moral voice of the party while Junpei is the cold cynic. It would have been better if Akane was still cold and calculating, maybe Junpei was agressive and angry, and Carlos served as the moral middle ground.

Also the fact that Carlos was no more than he was initially presented as was a bit dissapointing. I kept waiting for the story to reveal some secret about him, but what you saw was what you got. He was still great though.

I only watched bits and pieces not knowing there was an ARG, is there a tl;dr on what I missed assuming there's anything plot relevant?

Attached: 1524200785710.jpg (1280x960, 126K)

She's a main female character in a japanese game.
Of course she's going to be the emotional "muh feels and morals" character.
Casual misogyny is a hallwark of japanese writing.

Pretty much no. There was a segment that showed off the gameplay, and there was a segment where she died. There was also a Q&A that was pretty funny (I even got a question in). Might want to watch it if you care at all, though I skipped the final few videos.
Definitely agreed. Akane did a 180.
>saying that when Alice, VLR!Clover, Phi and Lotus exist
Fuck off ResetEra.

>missing the obvious anime tropes inserted in all of those characters on-screen scenes
lol
Akane didn't do a 180
Akane in ZTD is exactly as she was in 999. All that mastermind/calculating shit, remember how basically none of it happened on screen and was inserted through side text ? Remember how Akane actually behaved in every scene she's in ? That's right, as a good natured, bubbly high school girl that is a little bit too emotional but is trying her best while pinning for (you). The same trite waifu shit as in every other japanese game
>b-b-but it was all a ruse she was actually playing 4D chess and make you THINK she was your waifu
yeah and that sure was SUPER RELEVANT in her character across all gam- oh wait.

She was a bubbly girl, but experiencing her painful death repeatedly turned her cold and calculating. It was a front to get Junpei to help save herself. Her feelings for him were genuine, sure, but it was something of a front.
By ZTD, she's like hundreds of years old mentally, you see that during the epilogue of ZTD when you see her at her young age.

She did a 180 in personality in ZTD by being so emotional all the time.

>turned her cold and calculating
which you never fucking see onscreen
wake the fuck up

>yeah and that sure was SUPER RELEVANT in her character across all gam- oh wait.
It's definitely present in VLR from what I can recall.

>tfw no catgirl akane nendo

Attached: 1560807225192.jpg (1029x1029, 165K)

The part about Akane made perfect sense though. Remember she was avoiding Junpei. Probably exactly because her conflict of what she "has to do" and "what she actually desires" could make her undecisive when it counts. And it did. Her resolve became shaky due to Junpei, but probably also due to her memory being hazy thanks to the "forgetfulness drugs" which made her a bit more like she was when she was younger. Her "cold and calculating nature" shows itself again when you see the ending that leads to VLR, when she forces herself to seperate herself from being with Junpei forever in that timeline.

Are you forgetting the whole of VLR? Just look how she acts in the regular ending.

Anyone getting AI: Somnium Files? Got high hopes because he's not tied into some existing plot to fuck up like with ZTD but at the same time he seems to be going more wacky with the trailers.

It's possible he just played the rerelease of VLR. I was looking on youtube, they redubbed Akane's lines in VLR with the actress who dubbed her in 999 and ZTD, and she has a brighter voice than the original one.

This is all assuming you play in english of course.
Compare
youtu.be/DnooebuHRtU?t=3819
to
youtu.be/HBlWvhM79WI?t=96

I'm excited. Haven't seen any of the gameplay but Uchikoshi working on an original game is enough to cement my purchase. Hope it's good.

Yeah the atmosphere and creepy vibe from the Zero Escape seems to be gone. I'm pretty worried it'll flop even worse.

They haven't shown a ton of gameplay but the concepts are pretty interesting. Models are a step above ZTD and they are going back to being in control of the text rather than just setting there watching scenes play out. That being said the Dub sounds awful so if theres no jap dub I'm absolutely playing with voices off. Even if it turns into a massive meme game I wanna be there to witness it while its fresh like ZTD. Those threads with everyone collectively losing their shit with how bad it was at times was something else

Definitely not being marketed as creepy as 999 but since you are a detective I assume things will get pretty weird.

The music is pretty A+ tier and Date is going for mommy so if nothing else it will have that. aiba is cute

1) Literal shadows from Delta in most Q team scenes
2) "The old man in the wheel chair" dialogue
3) If you try to select "Q" in the "who to shoot" scene, it will say to select Q's real name. If you input "Sean," it will give an error. If you choose "me" or "myself," the game will say "you cannot commit suicide."
4) If you say that "Q" killed Mira, Eirc will say "that's impossible!," and if you select "Sean," or "me," he'll say "I knew it was you!"
5) "The truth is invisible" anagram
6) The parasite discussion
7) Carlos/Diana not knowing why they pressed the decontamination button, or the bad execution choice (mindhacking). Sean never claimed he didn't do it, as he can't be mindhacked.
8) The anagram about the 10 that Akane finds
9) The scene after the radical 6 is chosen to not be injected where Eric talks to Gab and calls him "Old man," he is actually talking to Delta. Both Eric and Mira are looking to the screen (to Delta), and Sean asks if they could speak.
10) Q never has a portrait in the status screen, but there is one of Sean inside the Study -
11) "Even Q ... he couldn't see or hear when" (when talking about Q team execution)
12) Sean in Pop-off says "you are all really important to me" rather than "you both are really important to me," despite the fact he only knows Q team.
13) When Akane/June transport to the VLR timeline, Zero reveals that he has a little sister

14) When Zero tells Sean about the "old man" who visited him.
15) Eric says "I know the leader's supposed to decide who to vote for but...", because Delta is believed to be blind and deaf
16) Eric is suspicious of Sean because he isn't on the X-passes
17) If you try to shoot Mira, she will shoot twice before the X-pass notification comes on, because she also shoots Delta
18) Despite the fact that Carlos seems to know Q, he doesn't recognize the robot that looks like Sean
19) Towards the end of the C-team ending, when listening to the recording of Zero, Zero specifically says that he's dead in this timeline. This is also the timeline in which all of Q-team dies.
20) After Phi and Delta and delta are born, the status screen shows Q and Phi alive. Status before birth and status after birth
21) Decision game starts with "deci," which means ten
22) When Sean decides to stay behind after pressing the Decontamination button, he is staying behind for Q, and it becomes clear with close examination that Gab is chained to the wheelchair, and Q is the one staying behind. Sean is looking at the Camera (at Delta) when he says that he stayed behind because of him. And when they try to unchain Q, they are always trying to get it off the pole, and not off Gab's pawrevealed to not have been shot.
26) When Q team is drinking at the bar before the vote, there is a glass to the right of Sean, and since Eric and Mira already had drinks, and Sean can't drink, it must have been for Q
27) Zero Time Dilemma is an anagram for "Me? I'm Zero. I'm Delta"
28) One of Q's X-passes is "age," and another is "self." Thus implying that Q is the "old man" people mentioned, and Q is zero's "self."

Honestly, Delta's reveal and the whole him being hidden thing is fine. In fact, I think it's a pretty good twist. It's whole overarching story/MINDHACC/COMPLEX MOTIVES/SHIFTING/Alien fax machine stuff that's fucking stupid and makes no sense.

Attached: Dance hacks.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

>entire library room
That alone makes the entire twist bullshit. It is literally impossible.

>pick ally, get betrayed
>heh nothing personnel, should know better than to trust strangers
>go back in time, choose betray
>YOU ARE THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT, HOW COULD YOU

Attached: 1501014171709.png (302x492, 162K)

There's another one you missed. There is a scene in the "Chainsaw Akane" event for C-Team where you see from the perspective of someone walking towards a balkony overseeing the events right before Carlos has to make his decision.

This.
>how the fuck did Delta even get into the room
>no one comments on Q (a participant) having no portrait while Sean (not a participant) having none
>no one complaining about having to carry Delta up the stairs to use their nade launcher
>when they only need one more X-pass they somehow decide Sean is a valid target while not actually giving one

Then there is stuff in the VLR end where D-Team finds Q-Team almost dead, but no one notices Q missing or comments on there being a child. Diana's distress call only mentions 6 people dead, so she's either not counting the child for some reason or knows Q is alive.

How in the fuck is a Zero Escape thread alive for so long.

Attached: king crimson.png (719x802, 788K)

I don't even mind the Complex Motives that much, it was just a way of saying that he didn't have a single goal. It just became a meme because the others constantly went full retard to interrupt him.

Attached: 1318823396582.png (1020x500, 562K)

Everyone was mindhacked into posting.

>is the biggest piece of shit
>was also almost a rapist
>still manages to be one of the most likable characters in the game by virtue of just being that unrepentant of an asshole

How did he do it?

Typically options stay the same, but sometimes you'll have that one asshole that changes their vote just to fuck with you.

shitposters shitposting about vlr kept it alive

am i better off just seeing each game as stand alone somehow? i stayed away from ztd and vlr but tempted to go through it just to see if its really a trainwreck

Attached: clovercheer.gif (127x217, 144K)

Nice bait.

You're a retard if you skipped the games just because you heard they were trainwrecks.

>I think it's a pretty good twist
Why? It's not a twist for any of the characters and as a player the idea of there being a 100% passive participant just off-screen for no reason isn't really that interesting. It isn't even cleverly hidden as any situation where Q's disability or his general presence are relevant to the situation characters just don't talk about him.

Wait, I am pretty sure in the granade launcher ending Eric kills both Delta and Sean. That's why there is a "Q died" announcement in the first place, IIRC, else the player would have become suspicious quite early on.

>Typically options stay the same, but sometimes you'll have that one asshole that changes their vote just to fuck with you.
What was good though was that the game shows that Sigma isn't the only one who can "reload the save and retry".

>pick ally, get betrayed and fucking dies
>go back in time, choose betray
>WELL I GUESS THAT WAS THE RIGHT CHOICE THEN HUH WHY ARE YOU MAD EVERYONE ELSE PICKED BETRAY TOO

That wasn't his plan however, just a lucky little accident. It's strange that neither Mira nor Eric ever mention the possibility of just killing Q and being done with it. Their first idea is to each grab a weapon and then aim at each other instead of killing the age old cripple who's basically just a vegetable on wheels at that point.

Attached: 1467722454828.png (468x694, 500K)

imagine thinking vlr is a trainwreck

Is punchline worth buying bros? Heard the anime was pretty bad

Attached: Zero Escape 4 assets.jpg (122x169, 11K)

Attached: New Zero Escape plot.png (1000x547, 486K)

The Somnium Files is coming out soon, right?

Attached: grenade.png (1022x646, 401K)

Mid september

The only other one who can do that is Phi. The others simply show a different result depending on your answer. Or to put it in another way, we only see the relevant timelines and they happen to vote like that in those. Not that it keeps Dio from voting betray.

Attached: local man has been bullshitted enough.jpg (1080x1216, 177K)

What happened to the outfit?

Left to fuck and cuddle with after and marry.

>wanting to fuck a piece of metal

Re-redpill me on the hint of rape
Haven't played this in like 3 years

In the VLR q&a Uchi said during the sink scene Dio was originally gonna do something much worse to Clover but the higher ups said to axe that idea. People assume it was going to be raep.

Was he named DIO on purpose? Like did the author add that there as an actual nod?

Honestly, I liked the writing for this character.
Akechi from Persona 5 however....

With the clothes Clover was walking around it would be easy as fuck lol

Why is there hardly any VLR clover porn?
Why is there hardly ANY zero escape doujins?

Life ins't fair

I honestly think VLR was the best out of the trilogy.

It's only con was being sandwiched in the middle of a trilogy.

I'm surprised so many people rate VLR over 999, I liked VLR quite a lot but it had way more throwaway characters who didn't have much to do and there was much less tension. 999 had me constantly on edge, VLR felt fairly tame.

Blame the japs. 999 didn't sell so well because of the horror so they threw that out and added more mystery.

I've got to say the characters that were original and Junpei were better in comparison to the character writing in 999.

The worst part is that he sees the reflection on the water in the same room where you had to solve puzzles for a while.

Sigma as a protagonist had much more personality when compared to Junpei. His interactions were consistently funny and not bogged down by some generic childhood friend backstory. The puzzle rooms were also much better in VLR.

I still can't get over that.
Like what the fuck why would you do all of this because of a fucking snail.

Attached: Gigabrain.jpg (211x239, 7K)

>thread about ZE hit 500
It's been forever since this happened, holy shit.

This is the one good timeline