What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 346464634643.jpg (800x1132, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z_V3YmbOxFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was so perfect that it literally killed all other FPS games & the Metroid series forever. Same happened with Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VII & Resident Evil 4

Kraid got robbed.

>Zelda
>Dead

Attached: 220px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_Breath_of_the_Wild.jpg (220x356, 30K)

>Perfect
The game fucking sucked dude

The inherent limitations of console controllers (especially with the standards of the time) prevented it from properly the acrobatic, speedy combat of Super Metroid. Still a great game though

>It was so perfect that it literally killed all other FPS games & the Metroid series forever

please, if anything Other M killed the series

2 was better

Terrible final boss.
>haha let me just use this same easily jumped over flame wave attack like fifty times before i finally decide to shit out a phazon puddle

honestly it was a very slick game, but it wasn't the epic sequel to super metroid I wanted, it was a metroid themed fps

>what went wrong
it was so good it completely overshadowed the 2D games and became the face of metroid. 16 years late, 2Dfags are still immensely asshurt and we have to deal with threads like this

Attached: kot.jpg (1024x1004, 55K)

>speedy
>super
super is floaty as fuck, the only "fast" metroid games are fusion and ZM, the former two being shit and the latter being ok. Metroid isn't about speed

>one of the most highly regarded games of all time
>what went wrong

who keeps doing this?

Should have been a third person shooter platforms. I have no fucking clue why they decided to do a first person perspective instead

What went wrong?

Attached: WHAT THE FUCK WENT WRRRRONG.png (2260x2440, 2.62M)

thisexcept now indie medtroidvanias are better than the 2D games too, making them irrelevant

The first person somehow felt very natural and easy to pull off. I read an interview where they said that's why it does the little look-down when you jump so you can land jumps better. Works for me.

being in first person enhances the immersion and atmosphere, 2 of the 3 main components of metroid. The third, exploration, is enhanced by being in 3D but further emphasized on with the scanner mechanic

Not much. I put off playing it for quite a while because I thought that a first-person Metroid game was a stupid idea that could never work. I was wrong.

Pretty much nothing. It set out to do something and it achieved it, excellently I might add.
I love this game.

Attached: 1535878794966.png (2600x3000, 505K)

first person was fine. The only downside is that a lot of the acrobatic stuff from the 2D games (speed booster, wall jumps, cliff hanging, screw attack) doesn't work well in first person. I would like to see a 3rd person game that allows for better implementation of these things.

Nice. I'm glad for you honestly.Doing the trilogy?

Attached: 1558474422294.jpg (3024x3024, 755K)

The only really awful platforming section was that one tall room at the bottom of Phazon Mines. It's the one with the spiderball tracks and beam pirates. If you were coming back from Magmoor Caverns, it was all round infuriating because the pirates could shoot at you from above but there wasn't much you could do to them.

FPS shit, not metroid

>please, if anything Other M killed the series
meme

Backtracking.

Attached: 1535304854344.png (256x78, 2K)

>constant release of metroid games from 2002 to 2007
>other m comes out at 2010
>no game for 6 years

Attached: 1560149999521.jpg (800x582, 81K)

>immersion
>atmosphere
Holy shit, you're a fucking faggot

silence npc

worthless post, never respond to me without my permission again

>The only downside is that a lot of the acrobatic stuff from the 2D games (speed booster, wall jumps, cliff hanging, screw attack) doesn't work well in first person
So you mean everything that makes a metroid game a metroid game? God I fucking hate you Prime faggots so much

go play mario faggot, metroid is about exploration which prime does a lot better than 2D

I wish I could tell everyone I meet that Metroid Prime 2 is the best video game experience ever made, but no one in real life cares.

Metroid Prime 2 is the fucking bees knees and if you haven't played it, you should. Your dumb ass is probably off playing F2P garbage grinding for some shit you don't care about when you could be playing this. Now excuse me while I switch video outputs to go play Metroid Prime 2 the best game ever.

I will never understand why primefags defend haloid as if their lives depend on it. It's mediocre as a FPS and even worse as a "metroid" game which it isn't. So glad we got both SR and AM2R, first actual Metroid games in ages.

Fuck off, Movie Bob.

Why can’t we have comfy Metroid threads? Why does it always have to be tryhard ironic shitposting and falseflaggotry? Fuck OP, he’s a stupid nigger. Post tubes.

Attached: A6CA1189-F486-4731-89A4-C286B296E0A2.jpg (600x663, 45K)

found one having an autism attack

I think repeating retarded meme buzzwords makes you a npc, you braindead cum-guzzler

>tube autism from primefag again
seek help it's been 10 years.

It was kind of slow and boring the fetch quest in the end also ruined the game for me, I like the 2D games better.

2D metroid is redundant with better indies available, AM2R being an example. nothing has tried to be like prime

>imaginary internet bogeyman helps me sleep at night because not more than one person can have an opinion that is not my own
*tips tinfoil fedora*

>nothing has tried to be like prime
doing the world a favor by sparing it from more mediocrity.

Why don't you play Gone Home and stop ruining standing series for people that actually enjoyed them to begin with, you fucking coprophagian? What is it with autists like you and aimlessly wandering around 3D space looking at textures?

ever notice how everyone who hates prime is a soilent infused, fatfuck retard?

Attached: anti-prime brigade.png (1099x825, 1.11M)

Based and echopilled.

you can ignore it all you want, metroid gained a 10 fold boost in exploration with prime while 2D went on to become shit with fusion, getting rid of all exploration

>Spammer reposts the same thread constantly
>Or, more likely, it's a dumb photoshop

mad cuz sad

>#notmymetroid
>muh halo clone despite it not playing like halo at all
>muh dudebro genre
>Other M saved the franchise
We all know who you are...

read and seek fucking help, you're mentally ill.

too bad faggot, prime 4 is on its way and without any gameplay, it's far more demanded than any 2D metroid game. Stay mad no one cares about the inferior metroid series

How can Prime 1 kill the series if Echoes was the best 3D Metroid?

seems like I struck a nerve. It's just a video game don't get too anal about it, your blood pressure can't handle it on top of your obesity

>never once said other m saved the franchise
primefags everybody!
>"inferior"
your fps spin-off wouldn't even exist if not for the real games mental midget.

Then obviously the series wasn't about exploration then, you fucking retard

Metroid primes gun is attached to his hand when it’s supposed to be part of his suit

the entire metroid franchise would be dead had it not been for prime revitalizing it. Now the prospect of prime 4/prime trilogy HD is the only thing keeping it alive, nobody gives a fuck about SR's 100% collage or metroid 5

The series would have died as a handheld exclusive if it weren't for the "spinoffs," you mongoloid.

yeah we got another retard here, just as I stated. keep sucking on fusion/other M's dick.

Invoking tubes didn’t work? Jesus fuck I hate this gay board

it would have been better that way instead of dealing with you dumb fps zoomers autistically screeching in every metroid discussion about your bad halo clone.

the entire metroid series would have been dead twice over had it not been for the prime games. Prime 1 softened the blow that was the awful fusion, and prime 3 softened the blow that was the even worse other M

>metroid isn't about exploration
this line of thinking by sakamoto is why the 2D games are irrelevant

t. Bob Chipman

because tubes are only funny to primeautists and no one else.

>Halo clone
Ok retard

Why when ACfag shitpost about the Prime you Prime fans attack 2D Metroid, this is why I don't like you guys, we 2D guys attack him directly we even know his name and where he lives, you Prime fans seem to always want to start shit with us 2D guys.

Reminder that SR flopped and prime 4 generated more hype with a jpeg.

*games

Every subcommunity on this board has to be plagued by one vocal minority that solely serves to turn everything thread into an us vs you scenario. If it's not 2D fags shitting on Prime, it's FPS fags shitting on it. Discussion is only ok if it involves shitting on something completely.

Attached: 1543344919454.png (497x518, 336K)

literally not metroid and literally shit

>my 2D ass is on fire!
keep crying while prime 4 is worshiped and metroid 5 is ignored. Your opinion is ignored like your now defunct games. Prime is the main series for metroid now and has been for 16 years. Meanwhile I'll enjoy hollow knight and ori on the side, far better metroid games than the 2D ones

Attached: emoji.jpg (600x600, 27K)

>hollow knight shill
why am I not surprised?

Braindead post

Stop humoring 2dfags’ and primefags’ autism. They’re just a bunch of lame fags. We’re all metroidfags together.

Nothing

ACfag happened
also the average user is now too young to have played prime

boomer post

Based

This. Why do you dumbfucks always take the bait? You’re not actually having fun are you?

>prime generated more hype with a jpeg than the entire 2D metroid franchise combined
I can see why this guy is so asshurt ITT

>sh-shill
hollow knight is better than 2D metroids, it's not the only one either. The prime trilogy has never been topped, developers haven't even tried because they know they can't. Literally hodgepodge group of tiny teams with miniscule kickstarter funding do better than 2D metroid by nintendo. Hollow knight is seen as the quintessential modern metroidvania, not SR or whatever

Attached: pepe smoke.png (888x894, 520K)

It seems to be some kind of mental illness from the Prime fanbase that they always seemed to have. When ACfag shits on the Prime series they stupidly fall for it and start a flamwar with 2D Metroid, they're fucking stupid, 2D Metroid fans don't do this.

*flamewar

primefags started this shit ages ago.

>it's a zoomer contrarians say everything they never played is shit episode

Attached: 1562809485552.gif (200x200, 948K)

>frogposter
you really can't expect anyone to take you seriously

prime was attacked before it came out or had a fanbase for being in first person, retard

>470333294
Stupid false-flagging faggot can’t even spell. Here’s a pity (you)

>there are people who actually defend other m

Attached: 1562009749854.jpg (500x472, 50K)

Gotta hand it to ya, based and echopilled

Attached: 1547607194737.png (200x217, 59K)

>no argument
typical, run off back to whatever safe space that still prefers 2D metroid over prime (if it even exists)

hello, I am the definitive metroid tier list

Attached: metroid tier list.png (1070x863, 669K)

my nigga

It was too safe with its locations and weapons. It was basically just Super Metroid again. A problem which was immediately solved when Primes 2 and 3 got much more creative with that stuff.

A ray of light in this dark thread

Attached: w6mnpjbhh4x11.jpg (1080x1331, 81K)

Beam ammo sucks though.

Yeah probably my only real problem with the trilogy as Metroid games is how fucking janky stuff like Screw Attack and Wall Jumping feels. Then Other M made them feel like shit too and didn't do anything special with Speed Booster, either. Some day I'll get to fly around in 3D. Sigh.

Approved

to be fair, the first in such a drastic shift should prioritize conversion of existing staples. It's not like fusion where it had no excuse

what's wrong with beam ammo? You never run out in normal battles but need to be smart in boss fights with it

Nothing. It was and is still amazing.

While you are a frogposting faggot, Hollow Knight is indeed leagues above any 2D Metroid not named Super Metroid.

I always thought Prime 2 handled beams better than Prime since you were never really forced to use your other beams outside of portals and doors. Never liked how the Plasma beam made everything else obsolete outside of colored coded enemies that forced you to use your other beams.

Oh yeah I totally understand WHY they did it. And it was still a fantastic games. But in retrospect, it really does feel like kind of a conservative first effort, and it was good that they were willing to go more out there with locations, weapons, bosses, etc. in the next two games.

>prime 2 god tier
It's a good game but it has too many marks against it to be better than Prime 1. The dark world locations were monotonous and tedious, and the game goes far overboard with the whole "lmao find 3 keys each time you go to a new area" progression. Really cool bosses and (light world) areas though. IMO if they had dropped the dark world and just focused solely on making the light world, it would've been top-tier.

also fuck beam ammo.

yeah that was a problem with me and prime 1, although ice bean still had its uses

Shut the fuck up, I really don't know what's wrong with you Prime fans but I always knew you had some sort of mental illness if you fall for ACfags bait all the time just to start a flamewar, honestly I feel we should just kick you guys out of the fanbase if you can't like 2D Metroid games as well as Prime games.

prime 2 has more flaws than prime 1 and super, but it's highs make up for it

>fuck beam ammo
I still don't know why people say this

Move Prime and Super to God.
Move everything else except Other M to top.

>third person
Nah even Nintendo that was fucking stupid.

Attached: Metroid-Prime-Third-Person-Screenshot.jpg (685x529, 103K)

>470334384
Stay seething, stupid falseflagger.

I wouldn't agree with you but I guess I can accept your opinion. Prime 1 was still better.

I believe you're the only falseflagger here trying to start a flamewar, get the fuck out here.

I mean at some point you have to realize that like .001% of the worlds population shares your opinion. You're not gonna brow-beat anybody into believing it's a bad game, especially anyone who's actually played it. But please, keep trying!

>470334682
Believing something to be true doesn’t make it so. Much like a flat earther, you too are retarded.

>470334785
The only retard here is you, get out, ACfag.

>I still don't know why people say this
Because needing to worry about it adds nothing to the game. I want to be able to do something as simple and dumb as just running around shooting my beams just to look at all the pretty colors and effects without having to worry about muh ammo.
It's not the worst thing ever in the world, but it's still something that was totally unnecessary and did nothing to help the game.

Oh, and other issue with Prime 2 is the poor pacing of upgrades. You get 2 of the 3 beams back to back during the very early game in the wastes. Then you go through like 90% of the game before getting the annihilator beam toward the very end. Same goes with the suits; you get the dark suit in the wastes, then don't get the light suit until the game is practically over anyway.

>2dfag blown the fuck out
>”f-fuck you ACfag!”

Attached: 4A6D54EB-F091-4241-8B86-C0B26D02A056.png (507x487, 280K)

More than complaining about ammo beams, you guys should appreciate Samus Returns a little more. It was a great game, at least on par with Zero Mission.
youtube.com/watch?v=z_V3YmbOxFE

Oh and Fusion did nothing wrong. Other M did.

The only thing I don’t like about Samus Returns is how wonky having to stand in place to free aim feels. I think they could have done that a lot better and it reeks of Sakamoto’s involvement. I think Mercury Stream did a great job with everything else and made a tedious shit game tolerable at worst and surprisingly fun at its best.

You could easily do platforming in first person as well.

>Oh, and other issue with Prime 2 is the poor pacing of upgrades. You get 2 of the 3 beams back to back during the very early game in the wastes. Then you go through like 90% of the game before getting the annihilator beam toward the very end. Same goes with the suits; you get the dark suit in the wastes, then don't get the light suit until the game is practically over anyway.
It was actually a good thing. The Light Suit and the Annihilator are way too powerful, it was a change of pace that gave you your most used weapons early in order to exploit the use of the Dark/Light World mechanics. It's a different kind of progression system, which makes it stand out from its predecessor instead of simply being a dumb rehash.
In fact, the game team managed to create a game with a very different atmosphere and different progression style despite using the exact same engine as the first one and a simple visual upgrade.

Yeah, at like 2 km/hr

I feel like a lot of the more acrobatic elements of Super Metroid would be immensely disorienting in first person. Even the grapple beam was a bit much for me, to be honest.

Nonlinearity is a glitch, and they patched it out.

I don't know that the Prime games are really responsible for the 2D games fading into obscurity. Remember, Fusion came out on the GBA. The 4th main entry in the franchise was released on the fucking Game Boy Advance. It's pretty clear that Nintendo had pretty limited confidence in the side-scrolling-style Metroid games before Prime even released.

Glad to know it's you, Doug, god I'll be happy when you have a chronic heart failure.

>Final Fantasy VII
nice try

By the 6th gen, 2D games were moving to handhelds any way. Except for screen crunch, the GBA was just about perfect for it.

Well, the console FPS craze was already picking up some serious stream by the time Prime release. Halo released a year before, so Prime was probably just a bit of trend chasing on Nintendo's part. Besides, Nintendo already had plenty of 3rd person games on the Gamecube at the time, so a first-person game was a good way to spice things up. Having said that, Prime definitely plays more like a Zelda game than Halo, and it had plenty of platforming sections. Personally, I think it turned out great.

The only thing that caused the 2D games to fade was Sakamoto. It's definitely not Retro's fault that he took 6 years to make a new Metroid game and it fucking sucked and then it took him another 7 years to make one that was actually decent.

Not the backtracking in general so much as the damn key hunt specifically.

Wrong, Prime nigger, 3D in general was what was wanted during that gen, 2D games became more of something for handhelds, you see that transition during the N64, Saturn, PlayStation gen but you can keep pushing shitty flamewars and falling for ACfags bullshit, faggot.

It's literally one guy with autism that comes in and shits up EVERY SINGLE METROID THREAD. All because they have cutscenes. This is not a joke. Why he harps on Metroid and no other franchises is beyond me.

The keyhunt was fine, you can collect a majority of the artifacts just by following the game's main progression route and you can get all except one of them before you even fight omega pirate.

You can't really argue with this he didn't make a 2D Metroid game for the DS because he thought the system was too weak for what he wanted to make, don't know what happened with him when it came to Other M, he was looking for a team to collaborate with for Metroid II's remake on the 3DS but I'm happy he's back on track and will finally give us that Metroid 5 game we've been waiting for since 2005.

For what it's worth, Prime's most unique element is probably it's first-person perspective. Structurally, it's basically a Zelda-type game with the dungeon design extrapolated into the entire game world.

If it's a 2D Metroid thread, Doug brings up Zero Suit for no reason at all just to ruin the thread and if it's a Prime thread he tries to start a flamewar between 2D and Prime fans. He needs to die or get arrested, better yet newfags need to stop responding to him and just blacklist his ass.

Nintendo doesn't give a shit about Metroid since it's not as popular as Mario/Zelda and is mostly followed by a bunch of dedicated but highly criticizing people that are hard to satisfy (Other M was still shit though, and Federation Force's announcement sent me into a raging fit).

Or maybe it's especially because of the way the series is that they can't afford to pump games however they want (Metroid being one of the few Nintendo IPs with an actual plot progression that matters when it comes to making games)
The issue is that Fusion is also a huge barrier to the series since it pretty much marks the absolute ending of it. Can't really make a (main line) Metroid game if the game doesn't have Metroids in it.

I feel like Nintendo simply thought that 2D would become obsolete with the advent of 3D games and simply didn't consider that gaming would actually start to use both gaming styles on a daily basis, thing that they realized too late an pretty awkwardly tried to put into "perspective" by creating Other M.

I am too. Other M was a massive disappointment, but hey, everybody strikes out sometime. At this point I just wonder if he's ever going to go past Fusion.

I guess it had a couple cool boss ideas? The cargo-lifter mech sorta sticks out to me as a neat idea. Doesn't make up for the rest of that shitshow though.

Seems going past Fusion is his mission, what he wants, it's about time.

I mean, in the original games the beams just stacked and you ended up totally overpowered by endgame in just the same way. Not saying it's not a flaw, but I do think it's pretty easily forgiven considering the goal was to convert the entire Metroid formula to 3D, of which an overpowered plasma beam was an element.

I really did enjoy Samus Returns a lot. For all the criticism it receives, I feel most of its flaws stem from being based on Metroid 2, which came with a whole boatload of issues. I'm really hoping they let Mercury Stream go nuts with another Metroid project, they've proved they know how to make them.

Metroid, and honestly most games of its type, appear to be pretty niche for whatever reason. I'm fine with the releases being spread out so long as they're good, though. Like, not 7 years with no games spread out, but one every 2-3 years is fine by me if they're high quality.

MP1 sold over seven million units.
That's hardly a niche game.

>but one every 2-3 years is fine by me if they're high quality.
I mean that's just a normal dev cycle.

Not him but MP1 sold over 2 million units, the hell are you talking about.

Only plebs want Prime 4, the game that will probably shit on the legacy of a trilogy that's finished in pretty much every aspect outside of muh Sylux shenanigans.
Actual fans want Metroid 5 to see how Nintendo will be able to overcome the "no X, no Metroid, no Space Pirates, GF are corrupt assholes" barrier.

I was talking more about the 2D Metroid-style games. The Prime games were undeniably successful, but I think their similarity to an FPS game brought in customers that normally wouldn't be very interested in games of its type. Also, using MP1 as an example isn't totally fair, that game's a goddamned masterpiece.

MP1 was the number two best selling GC game and sold over seven million units.
Educate yourself.

You say that, but it seems like so many developers have switched over to a year and a half dev cycle, or even annual.

>no fast travel
>artifact hunting (screeching pacing halt + vague backtracking) -> shoehorned meta Ridley -> final boss
It's a good game but I don't understand calling it a 10/10. Beat it recently and was a bit underwhelmed

Maybe you should, Metroid Prime 1 never sold 7 million copies.

Metroid 5 will have Metroids, Space Pirates, and Chozo, the corrupt Federation plot is dead in the water, fanns didn't like it in Fusion and Other M, it's not comig back as Sakamoto wants to just make regular Metroid games again.

Attached: Metroid Sales.png (1406x747, 956K)

I mean, is it too much to ask for both?

Like who? Those must be some overrushed or overstaffed (or both) teams.

>""Primefags"" love both Prime and 2D games
>not true Metroid fans
>2dfags only love Super and AM2R
>true Metroid fans
Can someone explain this to me?

Attached: WaitAMinute2.jpg (601x625, 73K)

Have you never seen Quake, Turok or practically any arena shooter?

Magmoor caverns were sort of like fast travel. Like a subway system you walked through.

>VGchartz
Kill yourself, zoomer.

Now that I think about it, I guess it's really just EA and Activision that pull that shit. They do get a lot of publicity though, so I suppose it just sticks in

You sure you're not confusing MP1 for the entire Prime series?

Prove to me Metroid 5 is even being developed.

>fast travel
That's not how Metroid works. Use elevators.
>artificat hunting
Are you seriously claiming that exploring and using your brain over a bunch a hints is too hard for you?
>shoehorned meta Ridley
I wouldn't call it shoehorned (there was a log talking about how the Space Pirates recovered Ridley's corpse, resurrected it and augmented it), and the thing was more of a final boss than the stupid Metroid Prime.

If you're thinking of Call of Duty, for the record, that series is on a 3-year dev cycle. There's three different teams making those games, Treyarch, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer.

Reminder if you mained Trace or Sylux in Hunters you're a fucking faggot.

Attached: 1499235560187.gif (540x540, 196K)

>Yea Forums made my opinions for me the chart

My problem with the artifact/key hunts had nothing to do with the difficulty and everything to do with how they killed the pacing of the game.

Jesus Christ, I thought it was just Treyarch and Infinity Ward. What a waste of talent!

Fucking faggot reporting for duty. Trace was fun as fuck and I don't regret abusing his crab mode at all.

what are you even talking about face of metroid
it's not even canon because they show samus' hand in his blaster from the xray vision

everyone knows the blaster is part of the power armour and not samus' hand

If in Prime 4 Samus AGAIN looses all her upgrades and you have to collect the same 20 year old stuff AGAIN I' m gonna kill Nintendo.

There's some genuinely talented people try ingto do what they can within the constraints of the series to make something meaningful, but at this point, it's all buried under opportunistic shit like season passes and microtransactions so even if the game is good, the stuff around it makes it unplayable awful. The series is in a pretty bad place right now.

>god awful boss battles
>annoying enemies
>said annoying enemies respawn too often
>weapons don't feel like they pack a punch
>enemy AI is dogshit
>aiming for weak spots on armored foes is a pain in the ass
>backtracking
>bullshit artifact locations
Some of these issues extend to prime 2 and 3 also.

I agree with you about the key hunt, mostly because Echoes used the dualism of Aether and it made the search a lot more annoying. But searching around for things to make progress is basically the essence of Metroid, and I dare say that Metroid Prime should be played without the hint function.

I didn't know the Galactic Federation lurked on Yea Forums. Don't you have a few corrupt plans to take care of instead of posting here?

You kinda need to do that for the progression to work, user. That said, I would like to see some more Prime-original power ups in 4.

I haven't played it in forever, but:
>"hold Lock-on to win" combat. there was nothing really testing your dexterity, except maybe the final boss
>scanning was fun but 90% of the time served no purpose
>grappling hook swinging was kinda weird in FPS, as was platforming. they were both inhibited by the fact it was FPS

Does anyone else have a friend or family member that get's violently motion sick when playing Prime games? It doesn't effect me that way, but I know at least 2 people who can't play them for more than a few minutes without turning an astonishing shade of green.

Attached: Spinny Space Jump.jpg (528x914, 253K)

That happens to me with newer games, depending on framerate and controller sensitivity, fov etc
fuck ocular migraines

Attached: e2x0p4gd5h721.jpg (704x396, 37K)

they never bothered to retcon Samus being human.

This is the real what went wrong

Attached: corruption.jpg (220x309, 23K)

OoT was meant to be first person but the timetravel mechanic necessitated 3rd person so you could see link age and deage

Switch low and mid tier. Fusion is a better game that Zero Mission, Corruption, and Samus Returns. It's linear, but it's well-designed in all the ways a Metroidvania should be, and it predates the series' downfall.

'member that time no metroid games came out for the wii u & switch? yeah, i 'member

I thought I read somewhere that the modeler was throwing a fit about how the player wouldn't be seeing Link 90% of the time and his efforts would be wasted, but that's probably bullshit.

>Never liked how the Plasma beam made everything else obsolete
That was the point. The Plasma Beam was Prime's Version of the Screw Attack - the strongest endgame weapon that trivializes every non-boss enemy.

Was that also the case in basically every Metroid that has the Plasma Beam? The weapon basically deals quadruple damage and pierces through everything, so much that everything that isn't scripted for certain types of attacks is basically blown to bits in 1 second?

Pretty much. I have a hunch that the devs made the Plasma Beam stronger when they decided to omit the Screw Attack.

Did you know that it instakills most non-boss enemies? That is, if you hit an enemy with a charged shot, it instantly burns away rather than taking damage? It's intended to be an ultimate weapon.

That's always been the Plasma Beam's thing. Ice Beam freezes enemies and creates platforms. Wave Beam passes through walls. Plasma is crazy strong.

>OP is faggot
And water is wet. P1 > P3 > P2 > Super > Fusion > Hunters > SR.

Attached: 1499104381066.jpg (500x635, 57K)

Calling out frogposter is a very solid argument to make you underage piece of shit to feel unsecure about your posting abilities. Fuck off.

Attached: 150406010658.gif (139x208, 1.8M)

Trilogy port was a lie

Attached: 1409265990276.jpg (827x1169, 454K)

Yikes

no switch port/remaster

Attached: 1413142907747-3.jpg (1240x1748, 1.49M)

Literally built for BBC.