Why did Yea Forums hate the Mass Effect series?

Why did Yea Forums hate the Mass Effect series?

Attached: mass-effect.jpg (960x960, 83K)

bump

Each game had worse writing than the last.

i enjoyed them all but i was much less critical of games back then. andromeda was a decent game but a shit mas effect. from what i remember the story of the first one was awesome

I only played the first and thought it was fine for a casual playthrough back when it came out, but quickly forgotten.

I didn't, but I think in some ways it got worse. Not talking about Bindromeda though, let's just forget that one.

Because it became more casual and shitty with each sequel.
>ME1 -> ME2
RPG stripped, ammo counter
>ME2 -> ME3
Shitty multiplayer, shitty ending, unintresting story. Characters are fags
>ME3 -> Andromeda
Glitchy as fuck, combat is even more simple. Poor storytelling. Would have been cool if you played as dad, not the shitty twins. Incomplete ending. Scrapped dlc.

>me3
>shitty multiplayer
that was the only thing people actually liked about me3 for years

i found the combat fun in Andromeda aside from that it left a lot to be desired. whole new galaxy one friendly race and one hostile race compared to me1 where you were introduced to a large variety of races

Yea Forums only hated 3. 1 and 2 had 500 post threads for years

>ME 1
The entire codex, all of the races, all of the history, everything good about the setting
>ME2
A few of the new characters were okay. Almost no new lore; what is there isnt very interesting.
>ME3
Adds nothing of value. Retcons significant chunks of lore for the worse.

2 was the most enjoyable in spite of it being dumb as bricks. At the very least it didn't go full retard like what happened with 3's story.

me1 had me most invested in the story for sure not sure if thats because it was a better story or cause it was my intro to that universe but fuck at the end i was so pumped to face off against seren

I feel the same way, from virmire the rest of the game is 10/10 especially the final sequence which is the best final act I've ever played even if we include the zombie saren fight

somewhat off topic but what do people think of the dragon age series i loved the first one but i played that quite a while ago idk how much i would enjoy another play through, but from what i remember i loved the companions in that game

the second one was good too, i couldnt get in to the third one partly because i had played a ton of dragon age 1 and 2 right before i started inquisition

wanted a rpg
got a 8hour shitty third person shooter

>sjw
>bioware
>ea
>a series and its fans that shitted all over the first game and hold up the second as this goat kind of game that was practically a soft reboot of a franchise that only just started

I have ever reason to hate it.

This. Yea Forums actually only hates ME3 onward, and ME2 is just painfully generic aside from good companion development.

ME1, on the other hand, is still one of the greatest space opera games ever created.

Multi was probably the best part of the game.

>sh-shitty multiplayer
Damn son, kinda sad that you can't even find ONE friend to play with.

Boring, generic, uninspired, horrible art style, guns looked like shit, music was boring, majority of aliens looked the same. Am I missing anything else? There is plenty of better sci-fi than Mass Effect. Except majority of them are fps'.

Attached: 1562824008560.jpg (1024x768, 200K)

Why does nobody do Half-Life aesthetic? Imagine an in depth rpg in Half-Life.

Attached: g5rc42v1qzu11.jpg (1920x959, 95K)

ME was okay, nothing too remarkable. ME2 will always be remembered by anyone around at the time as a waifu simulator with one of the more obnoxious fanbase. Also fuck BioWare in general.

Attached: that_woman_reacting_to_crazy.gif (200x200, 1015K)

Too many low iq game developers like the entirety of Bioware who have no creative fiber in their whole body. Shame Valve doesn't make games anymore.

Attached: 1562542879683.jpg (700x700, 716K)

>tfw 600 hours in me3
>all multiplayer
>still never got the n7 paladin or the valkyrie

Attached: lethalwatergun.webm (1600x900, 1004K)

t. Biocuck. Drink more of your sòy and replay Mass Effect you fucking tasteless nigger.