Poker

Are there any good Poker videogames that will teach me how not to suck at the game?

Attached: TS-19585-SEO-PokerStrategy_600x338-NewTeaserImage_1448283814836_tcm1531-264504[1].jpg (600x338, 56K)

No, just due to the fact that there’s really nothing to teach. Poker is an extremely simple game, regardless of any form you play it in. Omaha, hold ‘em, 5/7 stud, it’s all the same. Got a strong hand? Put your money down and hope your opponents have something good enough to bet, but weak enough to lose. See a three bet come down and you’ve got jack? Fold. See that 8 people are all calling the blind and limping, but your hand is weak? Play anyway.
Poker is a for fun game and it takes very little skill. Hardest part is keeping track of the bet in a live setting.

If Telltale wasn't dead then Poker Night at the Inventory would be the go-to answer (Don't know if you can find it somewhere online or not).
Poker's something you don't really learn from a teacher; you just sort of get a feel for the game and an understanding of the rules as you play. Explaining it all out is just confusing. Really just pick any poker sim and play a few hours.

Red Dead taught me

Prominence poker on steam is alright

Red Dead taught me Liar’s Dice is 10x as fun as Poker

a good poker ai just got revealed so its gonna be like chess soon

Not sure about games but If you're really interested in learning poker I'd suggest reading kill Phil by Phil hellmuth, he's a pro that's won 15 bracelets. The books really easy to understand for beginners and pretty interesting.

Attached: images (33).jpg (323x499, 21K)

ill take a look at it. Thanks

There are many online sites that allow you to play Poker with other humans for free.

The game itself is simple, the complex part is about mind games. If you manage to learn how opponents act, you can win most hands unless you get fucked backwards by RNG.

>If you manage to learn how opponents act, you can win most hands unless you get fucked backwards by RNG.
Absolutely not and that's terrible advice to give to a new player. Only fools play mind games and think they're outsmarting their opponents. Unless you're sitting at a table with absolute donkeys, you will only win a minority of your hands just by the odds alone.

>t. has been outsmarted by opponents having shit hands

Only weak players get bluffed. Bet strong when you've got it and you should win the majority of the hands you take to the showdown.

Bluffing doesn't always imply you have literally nothing in your hand, but you can pretend you have way more by calculating the odds, especially in hold 'em.

I think you're confusing this game for blackjack. There's no odds to calculate in hold 'em other than the number of outs you got when drawing.

it's not about mind games at all, only math. the best players play on 20 tables at the same time

Just go all in. Works every time

That's only valid if you only bet on the best possible combos and skip literally every turn until you get it.

Not really, people will eventually call your bluffing the moment they get a decent hand.

(Texas)Hold em is like 80% psychology, 20% math. Yes the psychology for Texas Hold Em is that high since if you figure out someone is playing entirely mathematical odds you can predict their behaviour. Omaha or 7 card stud however is like 99% math and 1% psychology. You can bluff in Hold Em but try bluffing in Omaha and you'll lose 9 out of 10 times against someone who knows the math.

To be fair, they're probably just playing 20 tables because those satellite tournaments take forever and they're mostly just folding until they get a half-decent hand.

Both Red Dead Redemption games.

>You can bluff in Hold Em but try bluffing in Omaha and you'll lose 9 out of 10 times against someone who knows the math.
lmfao

Wouldn't say it's 80:20 but yes, hold 'em is pretty big on mind games imo.
The other user would get bluffed easily the moment opponents understand it.

Poker easy

>pre-flop only call big bets from retards if you have good hand
>if bad flop, fold
>if good flop, bet at some point
>if you get something, make big bet

there is literally nothing else to the game of poker and if anyone tells you otherwise they're bluffing and you should bet into them

Attached: 1553357668036.jpg (548x480, 44K)

Read this

You simply can't bluff as easily in Omaha, the extra cards dealt out making the likelihood of a significantly good hand higher for most people staying in and the fact that 90% of Omaha games are pot limit games you aren't bullying anyone out of a hand ever. You have a slightly better chance of doing it in a no limit Omaha game but the success rate is not going to be as good as Texas hold em.

Why would I read about somebody playing in the most basic bitch way possible, hence incredibly predicable.

Learn strategy. That's simply it, learn to observe and evaluate. There's a reason why MTG players and old e-sports veterans do well making a living on the poker circuits. CARD BATTLING AND VIDEO GAMES WILL TEACH YOU POKER user.

>You simply can't bluff as easily in Omaha, the extra cards dealt out making the likelihood of a significantly good hand higher for most people staying in
Correct, there's more information and more likelihood of someone making their hand, that being said, you still can bluff with ease. The information available to the player does not decrease the advantage that bluffing gives to a short stack trying to stay in or a chip leader buying the pot.
>and the fact that 90% of Omaha games are pot limit games you aren't bullying anyone out of a hand ever.
Correct, but I was under the assumption that you were referring to an NL game of Omaha, given that if you made hold 'em pot limit, you probably would get similar results with bluffing. Regardless, bluffing and semi-bluffing still occur regardless in tournament play. Cash games not so much though, those guys play tight.

I’m addicted to poker but hate spending money on it. I started with poker night 2 (interesting cast, fair ai w great atmosphere) and now I mostly play prominence poker which isn’t for starters so much to practice but great to battle real opponents online and it’s free

How rigged is it? Does someone get AA/AK every hand?

Yeah in tournament games sometimes you just end up at a point where you have to go for it just because you're just going to get swallowed up by the blinds at a point.

Poker is completely skilless unless you're playing in person, no vidya will ever help you in a real game.

>omaha is more of a math game than holdem
Blatantly false due to the simple fact that PLO is a more complex game than NLHE. The less complex, the more you're tied to the odds with less chance to outplay opponents. There's a reason heads up limit holdem and short stacked NLHE are more about the math and provide smaller margins. They're theoretically speaking much simpler games.

>bet all in every hand
>if someone bites and they have a shit hand I get ez money
>if they have a better hand I shotgun everyone in the face until their innards paint the walls and then molotov the poker table
still working on how to apply that last contingency in real poker games