What does the new Final Fantasy game have to do in order for you to regain faith in the franchise again?

What does the new Final Fantasy game have to do in order for you to regain faith in the franchise again?

Attached: Final Fantasy X.jpg (349x500, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jG_7gkFYMKw
metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/unlimited-saga
youtube.com/watch?v=v8lvAq_yp_w
rpgsite.net/feature/6530-here-s-the-final-fantasy-series-ranked-as-voted-by-thousands-of-you
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/03/19/readers-choice-top-300-games-of-all-time.aspx
gameinformer.com/2019/04/14/game-informer-readers-favorite-games-of-popular-series
gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-director-qanda-the-race-to-the-fi/1100-6429741/
web.archive.org/web/20010215045626fw_/http://web.square.co.jp:80/investors/exsite/news_97/newsr13/index.html
web.archive.org/web/20010215033951/http://web.square.co.jp:80/investors/exsite/news_98/n990205/index.html
dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xv-five-million-sales-fastest-selling-game/
dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xv-interview-future-dlc-first-look-character-creation-more/
twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/928234069091016704
jp.finalfantasy.com/news/2240
imgur.com/a/1qQra
twitter.com/short__pieces
youtube.com/watch?v=TWVST7P37IM
strawpoll.me/18318841
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Square died like 20 years ago. Nothing they do will make the IP good again.

Realistic occupations like FFX.

Tidus being a sporty athlete was the most refreshing thing. I was so confused when I tried to get into jRPG's. All the heroes were knights and mages.

Ended up being that my first RPG's were Dark Chronicle and FFX for that very reason.

Not be shit.

From all of the confirmed details FFXVI already sounds like a masterpiece
> three key FFXIV staff members are all working on the game, Battle designer Gondai, Director Takai (of other notable SE projects, not FFXIV, though he contributed), and Scenario writer Maehiro (who also worked on all of Matsuno's Ivalice games)
> It will bring back Traditional FF style Turn-Based combat
> 100 % Fantasy setting without much Machinery & absolutely no Mecha
> Naoki Yoshida the director of Final Fantasy XIV & all of it's expansions, is the lead director of Final Fantasy 16

that sounds horrible

Whatever happens, I'll be open to trying it. I honestly did enjoy XIII after I accepted that it's completely different from the other games in the series.
That having been said, if it's another half-assed open world with mediocre action gameplay, it's gonna take a hell of a story and spectacle to keep me interested.

>FF14's battle designer

Attached: 1562995268911.jpg (378x368, 22K)

Kill yourself Barry, FF14 is the most successful game Square Enix has ever made, and is legit kino now

be at or above Shadowbringers quality

Basically just copy Persona and SMT's battle system, make interesting monsters/demons to fight like in SMT, and have good regular turn based like them.

I'm not Barry you fucking autist. FF14 being successful doesn't mean it isn't a pile of shit and a bunch of trannies playing an MMO doesn't mean FF16 won't be dog shit like every other FF game that Square Enix has made.

Attached: 1462704109079.jpg (1512x1744, 552K)

have the same gameplay mechanics as Hero's of Light/Bravely Default

It needs to not be made by SE. Their incompetence and misguided intentions for the series just keep astounding me with each new FF game.

There's nothing it can do. I haven't bought a FF game since 13 and haven't truely enjoyed one since 9. The series is completely dead to me to the point where I actually don't care anymore. I barely know anything about 14 or 15, and couldn't care less. I MIGHT get the FF8 remaster if it's not complete trash, like literally ALL the other ones have been. So, big if. But new games? Hell no. I'm not even interested in the FF7 remake, desu. What used to be my favorite series of all time is now nothing to me. It's sad and I hate it, but there it is.

Be FFX-3
A prologue focusing on auron, jecht, and braska journey with auron being the main character, ending when auron sends tidus to spira at the beginning of X

it would literally play out exactly the same as ffx, not worth making a whole game out of it desu senpai

And hell I just looked into all of those people and they're literal fucking whos. This is exactly why SE games are so fucking bad these days, all the talent left.

Attached: conan VERSUS.jpg (1068x598, 190K)

>don't be an angsty, convoluted drama plot like everything after 9, 15 was on the right track on the tone before everything went to shit
>a more traditional RPG system, doesn't need to be necessarily turn based, but keep the traditional gear/items/spells/character building formula
>A FUCKING WORLD MAP, please. Doesn't even needs to be a traditional world map like pre-9 era, just open up a world we can explore (and that doesn't wastes our time like 15)

turn based gameplay. That's it. I'm realy not picky. I even enjoyed ff13 1 and 2 for what they were. lightning returns was an interesting concept but I never really liked lightning as a character so it got real old real fast.
15 was probably the worst "action rpg" i've ever played. half of the mechanics, like magic, and summons, you rarely if ever had to use. In fact I don't think I ever cooked up one magic flask until I got bored and decided to try it out, when I was maybe an hour away from the end of the game as was.

That's just me, and other people may not like turn based games, that's fine, but turning FF into something it's not is just a surefire way to make everyone see the game as mediocre. Like ff15 was. It had good sales, sure, but from launch till they cancelled the rest of the dlc it's almost universally been panned. that's going to be hard to recover from.

Example.

>Final Fantasy XII 2006 Main Battle System Designer
You already know the game is going to be a pile of shit.

Attached: tiduscry.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

>all the talent left
as long as they still have akitoshi kawazu, SE will still put out a fantastic game every ten or so years. you just won't get to play them in most cases, that's all.

>>A FUCKING WORLD MAP, please.
Seriously, why does Squeenix think world maps were a bad thing that needed to be removed?

>half of the mechanics, like magic, and summons, you rarely if ever had to use. In fact I don't think I ever cooked up one magic flask until I got bored and decided to try it out
this was the most fucked up part of XV for me. magic was literally just a grenade that hurts your allies and can't ever be used safely except when a dropship comes down, and summons were literally random and i saw them maybe two or so times each during my entire 60 hour playthrough.

that's not just a squareenix thing, that's a modern jrpgs thing. worldmaps have been rare since the ps3 era.

>look him up
>apparently never been involved in a particularly good game
though I think I learned about this guy before watching that documentary on how and why SE is a shit tier company and almost went under, and how they "saved" FF14.

We got little bits an pieces from the video spheres, but they could expand it well from the dialgue we hear about as well. It would be kino and a safe bet for a game since some of the best and comfiest parts of X are those flash backs.

It would be cool seeing a certain someone turn into sin. Yeah not spoiling a almost 20 year old game just for safety. Would be cool seeing little wakka or lulu, even little yuna interacting. Actually dont remember if wakka or lulu ever met braska so scratch that i guess.

Really would enjoy doing his pilgramage, even if it would be going through the same areas

Do you really want Genesis and Angeal level bullshit ruining FFX forever? Because that's what X-3 would be under nuSquare. Pretentious, melodramatic, and anime-as-shit characters being retcon'd into the FFX story doesn't sound good to me.

Does Tales still have them?

SE literally can't even handle making characters look good anymore. They're so fucked.

he's the lead of the entire SaGa franchise and if you like JRPGs you should give them a fair shot before listening to retards who say things like "you can't grind so it's shit" and "it's too open with no long cutscenes so it's shit."

square is retarded

instead of churning out FF games every year or two, they release in batches of 5 with a lot of shitty spinoff titles. and the main title isn't even that good. It's so handholdy that it loses its luster

we got FF VII - X in the span of four years and every single game was excellent (even VIII you spergs)

I'd take a chance over never having the game. Even if retarded shit like bomb blitzballs being in there that blow off tidus' head

Be turn-based and that's pretty much it. A fantasy world wouldn't hurt either, instead of contemporary/magitek.

Nothing, ffvii being episodic killed any faith I had. Ffxiv is the only thing carrying the franchise at this point, luckily it's doing well.

J O B S Y S T E M
O
B

S
Y
S
T
E
M

FF9 was the last good final fantasy
squaresoft has been dead since the merger and sakaguch's departure. there will never be another good FF and eventually they will run out of old titles to cash grab on.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 18K)

ff14's battle system is better than all the other mainline FF titles

>pretentious
x had entire subplots about racism and religion having too much power over government that you've forgotten about
>melodramatic
x was probably the most melodramatic game of the series
>anime-as-shit
this is just funny, man. did we play the same game?

Give the big AAAA releases a break for a while. Focus on interesting spinoffs like FFT or even something totally different for a little while, like TWEWU and Octopath and the little, weird games that're usually Square's best.

Kawazu is... weird. He's a guy with great ideas and that respects the intelligence of his audience, creating vast worlds rich of content that you explore just as much as you play. Legend of Mana is peak Kawazu, despite him not directing the game. On the other hand, dude has a REAL hard-on for gambling and RNG, and is shit on balancing games.

>he's the lead of a bunch of generic JRPGs
amazing

Square was great but the merge with Enix ruined everything

>Turn based
>High fantasy, no modern nonsense
>No open-world
>Lots of classes, huge amounts of customization
>Difficulty modes that actually requre strategy

Yikes
Mmo combat isnt fun, its a chore

FFX has suffered enough already. Leave it alone.

Some of the SaGa games are really damn good.

Jobs you can change and customize like in FFV or Tactics.
Less sci-fi more fantasy, but with still some sci-fi (like the flying fortress where you fight tiamat in FF1 and its sentry robots; magitek, airships, etc).
Translate rather than localize. No garbage like "Fire 3" or the retarded WotL/XIV early modern english script. I guess stuff like Dragoon can stay since it's become a staple.

if you like generic jrpgs

>saga
>generic
yikes

you're confusing "the game didn't show me exp and tell me i leveled up" for rng user. it's the opposite of rng: you literally just get better at doing stuff the more you do it.

Explain to me how this isn't generic. I'll happily admit I've skipped the vast majoirty of the games the guy has worked on yet I know about most of them. I don't like generic video games, I avoid them.

Attached: saga.jpg (1280x720, 525K)

>you're confusing "the game didn't show me exp and tell me i leveled up" for rng user
Dude literally admitted that he is kind of a gambling addict when he did interviews about Unlimited Saga. 2/3rds of that game's design was based on Kawazu's love for slot machines and gambling in general. Face it, dude has a hard-on for RNG.

>Jobs you can change and customize like in FFV or Tactics
I loved FFV for that

I appreciated FFV a lot more when I learned that that Four Job Fiesta event is a thing, where the idea is to go through the game with each character as one job and one job only. It makes you appreciate each job's individual skillset and class-progression a lot more and there's legitimately only two or three jobs that are objectively bad or useless.

>one screenshot of a game
the gameplay of saga is the exact opposite of generic but if you're literally judging the merits of a game based on "it's a fantasy setting" then yeah you're not gonna like them. even then, there's still frontier, which has a pretty unique one. that having been said, the gameplay is on a surface level similar to other jrpgs but the actual systems are deep as fuck. failing all that:
youtube.com/watch?v=jG_7gkFYMKw

unlimited is an outlier. yes the other games have random chance involved, but all jrpgs do, and on top of that if you know how they work then you can influence them to do what you want. besides, he's way more influenced by tabletop games than he is by anything else, which shows very clearly in unlimited, said game basically being as close to tabletop in vidya form as you're gonna get.

FFXII*

thats pretty gay bro

>Yeah not spoiling a almost 20 year old game just for safety

You learn Sin is Jecht like 6-7 hours into the game, you learn that before you even know a lot of the basics of how Spira operates.

You're right it's not my kind of game. They're by the books generic JRPGs that aren't particularly distinct from the leagues of other similar games.

And I don't want to be that fag saying all of his games are bad but I looked into most of them and it appears he is literally a 7/10 man AT BEST. Some of his games scored under 50%. Despite me not liking generic looking and playing(fuck your depth it's all the same shit) JRPGs, there's no possibly way someone could present a sane argument saying this guy is a game developer worth talking about.

And I'm not sure if you're the same guy saying FF16 is looking good according to some leaks, but really it's looking bleak. SE as far as FF goes only has a handful of names left and apparently all of them are mentally handicapped looking at SE for the past almost 20 years.

Attached: 1298966870015.png (436x474, 11K)

9 and 12 are worse than 10.

>don't be an angsty, convoluted drama plot like everything after 9

X, XI, XII and XIV do not fit this bill, if anything 7 and 8 fit the criteria for this better than those games do.

>Despite me not liking generic looking and playing(fuck your depth it's all the same shit) JRPGs, there's no possibly way someone could present a sane argument saying this guy is a game developer worth talking about.
>it's all the same shit
keep plugging your ears and screaming, user. i'll be over here playing unlimited saga.

Better combat than Kingdom Hearts 2 + Being a complete package (no movies and DLC glut like XV)

>he can't even reply earnestly
Some fanboy you are.
metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/unlimited-saga
4.5 and 3.3. There's someone defending this right now.

>Better combat than Kingdom Hearts 2
>he thinks modern SE can manage this after KH3 and FFXV

don't even like SaGa, but you should probably kill yourself

I think the question is:

Why haven't they made a landmark title since FF10?

It'd be a challenge though they'd need to put an extraordinary amount of effort for their next gen release to leave us with the impact that FF10 had; possible, but I don't see them doing it

Basically just an offline XI is all I want. Not literally just XI with the MMO aspect removed, but a new game with a similar attention to detail and atmosphere for the world, the Job system, some evolution of ATB gameplay, and a setting that combines classic high fantasy with some of FF's more esoteric elements.

Nothing. I just move on.
>dat horrible remastered of FFIX
Fuck you square.

They to drag enix with it too.

There's simply no sane argument you can make to defend something like that being called generic. I'm not grasping at metacritic as if it were some end all means of judging a game, but come on. This guy is pretending this dev is notable and that these generic RPGs are great.

Because the core talent left the company ages ago.

Attached: 1299635727401.jpg (1000x686, 198K)

Man this all sounds like a contrarian wet dream. Fucking drones.

>It'd be a challenge though they'd need to put an extraordinary amount of effort for their next gen release to leave us with the impact that FF10 had

that's basically their problem, they can't handle just making a modest release, they end up having ridiculous levels of ambition to make a new landmark title and fall flat on their face when they can't properly finish it. X was lightning in a bottle where they were one of the first to utilize new technology and do an excellent job at presentation that stood above everyone else. It's why the VII remake needed to have a revamped supersized scope where Midgar is a full city and the game is seperated into multiple different parts because DETAIL and QUALITY, because they need things to wow people even if the final product ends up sucking.

Shadowbringers restored my faith but that being said, a fucking focused story and sound gameplay. It really isnt asking for much

>Less than 18 months between initial reveal and release
>Be one game containing one complete story, no ancillary material required
>I don't mind real-time combat, honestly, but I'd prefer not.

And finally
>Be a good game

I don't think these are difficult things to achieve. Everyone else seems to get this but Squeenix

Not to had fuck my typos man

I'd quite like FF12 style combat, maybe?

Actually I don't know. I don't want the absolute shite stuff that's happened with modern JRPGS, where everything is action combat with flashy bollocks.

There's no shame in going back to a simpler time

Yes what we need is Toriyama and Nomura again, fucking mongol, not the guy in charge of what people are lauding to be the best FF story in twenty years.

Daily reminder sakaguichi’s spirit within flop killed square. Horrible merger with enix killed two companies together. Despite that FFIX was amazing

Hivemind opinion

>From all of the confirmed details FFXVI already sounds like a masterpiece
nice shitpost

>Tab-target GCD combat
>fun
kys

Start getting excited.

less so than the previous FF games

the entire FF series works on GCDs longer than 14 stupid

Except 9 was such a shit game the DEV TEAM thought it was a spinoff title.
Also 10 is leagues better and 15 was plenty fine, you're just a contrarian faggot.

The only way FF will get back any traction is if the heads leave Nomura the fuck alone and give him a directors role. FF isn't going anywhere good if they don't make another dark game with good combat. They probably couldn't do a love story.

Attached: 1470745138355.webm (850x470, 1.71M)

>15 was plenty fine, you're just a contrarian faggot.

Attached: 1445661492610.png (450x443, 107K)

>15 was fine
>you're a contrarin

Attached: 1561464012001.png (640x401, 571K)

>Thinking FF has to be turn based or high fantasy
>Thinking FF EVER required strategy
Wow you're delusional

yuna being forced to jiggle dem jugs in front of a camera for all of spira while crying but smiling and taking load after load of al bhed dicksquirt.

More like they fire that hack.

Yeah man, SaGa Frontier was generic AF.

god I hate these leather-wearing emo boy band faggots

He's the only person with a pedigree left in the company. The reason you feel the way about him is strictly due to the suits ordering him to do dumb shit.

because they are everything you want to be but never will be.

all they have to do is revive FFXI Online with an official 75-cap Classic server, followed by an expansion for it 3 years after.

>One of the highest grossing FF titles
>Faggots on a basket weaving tibetian forum feel counterculture cool for hating on it
Yeah man, keep sucking 9's dick.

So do I but the game would have been alright if they didn't fuck it up the way they did.

I guess GTAV, Pokemon, and COD are peak video games too, retard.

Literally the least successful mainline FF game since FFV

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-14 Final Fantasy.png (684x430, 20K)

go back to ivalice and make it turn based again, or just give me another good tactics game

>go back to ivalice
Matsuno left ages ago.

Yeah, they're all fantastic executions of their premise.

Attached: 1482162597843.png (633x900, 170K)

Literally nothing

Final fantasy went from being industry leading jrpgs to being glorified cosplay simulators with shit combat and horrible interfaces

XV-kun is here.

>Sells more copies than over half the franchise
>lol it's the LEAST SUCCESSFUL
Keep telling yourself that.

Dragon Quest XI was unironically one of the best JRPGs made this gen, and better than anything last gen.

Attached: DH6FpkYUIAAzHmX.jpg_small.jpg (546x680, 43K)

Tone it down a little. There's too much shit to do and i havw other games i like to play

FF14's Expansions are absolutely outstanding, the only flaw is that it's an MMO & not a single player RPG

Nigga, I said the game was fine.
Never said it was good or great, but faggots acting like it's some cancer that killed their favorite franchise are deluded.

And yet it wasn't anything special and the characters are shit tier. It really shows how terrible the genre has become.

>FF14
looks and plays like shit
fixed your post

Only in japan.

Pleb. It's literally everything you could ask for in a JRPG. Just cause it didn't have edgelord sci fi bs and was a traditional true to form JRPG, basically a HD port of the old era, doesn't mean it was lacking anything and doesn't give you the right to bash it.

Attached: a0b605c081aedcff8099e83ee590e5b5.jpg (900x1200, 80K)

didn't stop him from doing Ivalice in XIV

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 363K)

A good love story

That’s why I liked 7,8,9, and 10

Hero goes on an adventure and gets the girl (but it’s Japanese so it’s all sad and sentimentally bittersweet )

>Pleb
Good one.
> It's literally everything you could ask for in a JRPG.
The music is bad, the story seemed uninteresting, the characters are boring, and the combat sucks. Apparently it has faggots as well.

Let me guess, you're a faggot yourself.

2 of its expansions are outstanding and one is fine, I guess. But I'd argue most of the good work on XIV is story writing, and apparently involves the chick who isn't listed as working on any of this XVI shit.

That's probably because he was just consulting, so he got to have fun and help them work some ideas into the game world without having suits breathing down his neck to push ivalice as a franchise or whatever the fuck else they did to make him peace out during XII.

FFXI is still their most profitable FF game of all time though. Saved SE from going bankrupt when they bought Square and while FFXII/XIII/XIV1.0 flopped until Dragon Quest X and later FFXIV2.0 saved them.

reminder that ffx-2.5 is canon

>thinking sales = success

Be a complete game, released in 2 years or less, that takes place in a nearly wholly fantasy setting (very limited technology is acceptable).

FFXV is the biggest meme and I regret spending $20 on it

XV already restored everyones faith in the franchise.

Attached: Ifrit2.jpg (600x337, 64K)

FF14 is objectively the worst FF.

Attached: 1562856436711.webm (872x488, 2.73M)

youtube.com/watch?v=v8lvAq_yp_w

Fuck off KH fag

>Stella
>Did literally nothing
>Had no importance and was deleted for being a non character

>Luna
>she is literally going around waking up the astrals and performing the rites and forging the covenants as the Oracle so that noctis can gain their power and reclaim his throne
>holding back the starscourge
>healing people canonically as part of the story of disease and scourge
>safeguarding the ring of lucii
>if not for her then noctis never would have gotten the ring at all because she's the one who went back to Regis to get it
>it's her direct actions being the main reason noctis even succeeded in bringing back the dawn because he got the ring and the astrals blessing and could access the crystal thanks to her
>Powered up Noctis to his King of Kings state during the rite with Leviathan which in turn reactivated the Kingsglaive powers back after they had lost them following Regis's death, and the Kingsglaive regaining power is the prime reason humanity was able to fight back against the Daemons during the 10 years of world of ruin, if not for Luna doing that then humanity would have perished
>it's her death itself which further spurns the spread of the starscourge and which pushes noctis to accept his kingly duties and accept his death too by performing the light of providence by using the power of the crystal, the astrals, the glaives in the ring thanks to Luna
>Was already dying by performing the rites and healing the scourge because of the immense toll it takes on her body, yet even after being weakened and stabbed she still tried to heal Ardyn of his scourge
>Became a qt ghost that can do stuff beyond the grave

Attached: stella-luna.jpg4444.jpg (1698x1038, 310K)

I wouldn't mind FF14 if it didn't look worse than most MMOs on top of having that shit tier tab target system. Hell I might have tried it earnestly.

>xv-kun is still alive
I'm amazed

Attached: ffxv monster built by a taiwanese asset studio.jpg (3840x2160, 729K)

So many abilities and none of them are memorable.

>shitty graphics
>barely any voice acting
>worse than ps2 tier animation
>constant dissonance between gameplay and narrative
>extremely unpolished
>shit just fades in or out on screen, no actual animation to maks it feel like a believable world being interacted with
>shit mmo gameplay
>empty areas with nothing to do
>tons of immersion breaking
>nonsense lore and garbage forgetable characters

just no, XIV is not good and it needing 4 fucking expansions of backstory, lore, development etc just to lead to ShB just makes it worse. Not a single person who jumped straight to ShB has said its good, the only people shilling it pretending ShB is good are XIV fags who've been subbed to it for 6+ years and have stockholm syndrome for pouring 6 years of their life and money investment of hundreds of dollars into into it.

HAHAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAAHAAAAAAAA

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-14 qGEuSQXg png (PNG Image, 728 × 728 pixels).png (910x821, 862K)

what did he mean by this?

mmorpgs are just generally awful

>Not a single person who jumped straight to ShB has said its good,
"wtf i dont understand anything going on whos the axe ghost following me shit expac shit game"

Here's what I want:
-> Turned-Based (NOT ATB).
-> Fantasy themed like 1-5, minimal technology.
-> I'd like a story that isn't autistic like the playstation games and I'd like a decent, memorable cast unlike ff15.

>replying to pasta

Attached: 1541630988558.jpg (600x599, 45K)

he seems to have this weird crusade against XIV going now, since the expansion is better received than his boy band simulator

t. contrarian underage retards

XV is literally the most successful single player FF you retard

>cites some random wiki with blatantly wrong numberes

FF9 sold barely 6m after 19 years
FFXV sold 9m in under 3 years which is 2 years faster than FF7 took to hit 9m

That's literally what it means retard, FF9 also had a higher dev budget than FFXV did, so did FF7 and FF12

No it isnt and hasnt been for more than a decade, even the mobile FFs make more than any of the MMOs

he's been doing this for 8 years at least

Attached: kun.jpg (1280x3879, 426K)

To be fair, if the world was covered in massive monsters, half of which knew magic, you'd probably need a lot of knights and mages. Im currently playing through FFX again right now, and im amazed people are actually bothering with a shitty version of football while a godlike demon whale is wrecking the world

>turn based combat but without long battle animations
>linear world that slowly opens up
>job system
That's kind of it. Makes me wonder how they fucked up XV so hard.

I'd just like an improvement on 15. It wasnt that bad really, but it was definitely worse than most of the others. I know im in the minority here, but i honestly believe 13 was the peak of the series. 13-2 was fun and added some QoL changes, but i still prefer 13. Lightning returns can fuck off though, you cant explore a massive FF world with a clock ticking down

In-world they're putting up with it since it's their only real escape from thinking about Sin and fiends and summoners and machina, and Sin doesn't care too much about blitzball-related machinery probably since Blitzball is a Zanarkand-related sport

It would need to be similar to some of the older FF games, all the way up to and including 9. What made the old ones better was the job system, the freedom and openness and actually letting the player explore, and giving the player the freedom to experiment, even if it means they might make some mistakes.

Lets break down all the FF games combat systems from 1 to 15, excluding the mmos.

1: Press A to attack
2: Press A to attack
3: Press A to attack
4: Press A to attack
5: Press A to attack
6: Press A to attack
7: Press A to attack
8: Press A to attack
9: Press A to attack
10: Press A to attack
12: Press A to turn on gambits
13: Press A to active auto mode

I forgot FFXV.

15: Press A to attack.

It's a good span of time between Sin attacks and it gets taken care of regularly by summoners so they've got time to dick around playing drownball in between bouts of destruction

What was your opinion on the FF13 battle system? Its not quite turn based, but not quite real time either. I hear people complaining and arguing about 13 a lot, but no-one ever mentions the battle system, which i thought was pretty good

Hey look at this retard still shilling a retarded poorly researched video that's wrong 5 mins in and stays wrong the entire video by a retard who has no clue what he's talking about.

SEW isn't a fan of the series, he literally googled FF NPC and thought it was a FF13 NPC despite not being from FF13 yet he based his entire argument on that.

Already on his first point he is completely wrong. Insomnia literally has a wall build around it protecting it from the daemons, empire and monsters outside it, which is why it had prospered as a modern city while the rest of Lucis was run down backwater desert, grasslands and small settlements, those settlements all have the protection of the Hunter HQ which are the ones who are killing monsters and Daemons around Eos, and the entire rest of Lucis is already under Niflheim control too, that is why they had Niflheim garrisons stationed around Lucis, and where places like Lestallum and other places around Lucis are already under Niflheim jurisdiction.

You know how you are picking up Hunts during the game? Yeah guess why those hunts are being given out and by whom, and also guess who else is also doing those same things, Yep it's the Hunters from Meldacio Hunter HQ, this is pretty firmly established in the world building of the game, you can see this from the war torn areas around Lucis too, but I can already tell just from the first 5 minutes of this video that this was going to be a poorly researched and half assed video full of inaccuracies.

He completely ignored the existence of the Hunters from Hunter HQ which are stationed in every single outpost with weapon shops and gear and are in Militia gear being the ones fighting the monsters and Daemons, not to mention this is only further established in Comrades when the Hunters and remaining Kingsglaive join forces.

The fact that you are unironically shilling him just proves you have no actual fucking argument.

Attached: magic wall FFXV.jpg (1920x816, 1.22M)

Even worse was his asinine claim that there is no story or purpose to the Costlemark dungeon, which he is also wrong in stating it has the "same tileset as every other dungeon" when A: It's a Solheim era dungeon and Solheim invented Magitek, and is full of Daemons, which he should know are humans and beasts turned into because of the Starscourge, with that Solheim Magitek being ancient tech from an advanced civilization, and B: of which there are only THREE dungeons in the entire game being Solheim dungeons, and of which 1 of them is only post game, on top of that only 1 of them is actually a main story dungeon with Steyliff having similar designed interior, while the Costlemark dungeon is the optional one.

But he pretends like there is no world building or history even though it's clear he really didn't pay attention to anything at all. So not only is he wrong about how it looks or its purpose but he can't even rub two brain cells together to actually see why it is the way it is, it's like he ignored the daemons and the entire Magitek originating from Solheim stuff, or ignoring how NIflheim based their Magitek from Solheim's tech which is why they have tech extremely similar to it, which is why Niflheim are stationed around Steyliff, the Solheim dungeon you go to as part of the story because they are mining Mythril from it, and also are using Daemons to create the Magitek to begin with. Like dude, did he even pay attention to anything?

*Hold A to attack
It's innovation like this that sets XV apart from the rest of the series

*Hold O to attack
Get it right

i liked 13 but some of the design decisions were awful and i think the hate comes from people that didn't sit down and 100% it because they didn't have to.
>game designed around a party of 3
>gigantic portions of the game are spent with split parties of 2 people
>battle and paradigms require strategy, buffs, debuffs to 5 star optional content and 100% (farming adamantoise), while you can get through the main part of the story by actually just mashing X
muh linearity was the least of its problems. they designed a relatively fun game and then shit all over that design with pants-on-head retarded direction and story.

Attached: 12451799876.png (204x231, 42K)

absouttely seething

you are a mentally handicapped loser of the highest degree

Attached: 1480411245521.jpg (960x540, 41K)

ironically fighting against a dummy without any mechanics is like how the other FF games play out

No modern or futuristic settings. Have more balanced character designs that are memorable and not copy paste gay faggots like we've been getting for years now. Have a sense of humour and include light hearted moments in the game. FF has lost this which has therefore killed its soul over the years. FF used to be very charming, now it tries way too damn hard. I would strongly prefer turn based combat. I will be outraged if they double down on the XV trash.

I just want a nice battle system, kino music and a memorable cast of fun characters.

Square will never do this, though.

>random literal who site

OH NO FAGGOT BTFO

RPGsite best FF poll with over 10k votes, XV in top 5
1: Final Fantasy VII
2: Final Fantasy IX
3: Final Fantasy VI
4: Final Fantasy X
5: Final Fantasy XV
6: Final Fantasy VIII
7: Final Fantasy XIV
8: Final Fantasy XII
9: Final Fantasy IV
10: Final Fantasy XIII
11: Final Fantasy V
12: Final Fantasy XI
13: Final Fantasy III
14: Final Fantasy II
15: Final Fantasy

rpgsite.net/feature/6530-here-s-the-final-fantasy-series-ranked-as-voted-by-thousands-of-you

Gameinformers top 300 games poll with XV in the top 5 FF games listed
270. Final Fantasy XIII (#12 ranked FF)
244. Final Fantasy III (#11 ranked FF)
235. Final Fantasy XII (#10 ranked FF)
164. Final Fantasy XIV (#9th ranked FF)
146. Final Fantasy IV (#8th ranked FF)
128. Final Fantasy XI (#7th ranked FF)
97. Final Fantasy VIII (#6th ranked FF)
51. Final Fantasy XV (#5th ranked FF)
49. Final Fantasy IX (#4th ranked FF)
33. Final Fantasy X (#3rd ranked FF)
13. Final Fantasy VI (#2nd ranked FF)
7. Final Fantasy VII (#1st ranked FF)
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/03/19/readers-choice-top-300-games-of-all-time.aspx

Game informer top 5 best games in series, XV in top 5.
>Final Fantasy
>1. Final Fantasy X
>2. Final Fantasy VII
>3. Final Fantasy VI
>4. Final Fantasy VIII
>5. Final Fantasy XV

gameinformer.com/2019/04/14/game-informer-readers-favorite-games-of-popular-series

Shirrako FF poll with 21k+ votes had XV in 1st place and top 5

Famitsu best games of Heisei era, XV again in top 5 for the FFs listed
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Legend of Zelda BOTW
3. NieR: Automata
4. Final Fantasy VII
5. Okami
6. Legend of Zelda OoT
7. Final Fantasy X
8. Pokémon R/G/B/Y
9. Dragon Quest V
10. Xenogears
11. Vainglory
12. Suikoden II
13. Mother 2
14. Splatoon 2
15. Tactics Ogre
16. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G
17. Kingdom Hearts
17. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
19. Final Fantasy XV
20. Final Fantasy XI
20. Pokémon D/P

Attached: 1557153521894.jpg (400x503, 34K)

>only 11 reviews
lmao

Attached: FFMC5.jpg (1395x1729, 736K)

when a kind of shitty FF thread gets even worse

You're one to talk KH sperg

Attached: kh fag samefagging5.jpg (796x2505, 858K)

Well for one they didn't since its the best FF in 20 years

You hold to input attack in every FF including FF7R

Attached: ff5 hold x to win battles!.webm (780x540, 2.93M)

incredible

>drownball

I like that. Ive never really played Blitzball before, but i hear people talking about how great it is, but this is one of the world mini-games ive ever played. Maybe im just wrong,but this feels like garbage

the ff15 defense force is always a breath of fresh air. thanks xv-kun

Attached: g1.png (370x436, 239K)

Whoa, easy there Square. Don't hurt yourself innovating TOO much.

FFfags are the worst

FFXV is the worst game in the series and FF hasn't be relevant since XII on the PS2.

I hate having to bail on fucking FF threads, but it's inevitable when some autist starts responding to himself and accusing himself of being [notable autist]. The IP-count always comes to a screeching halt whenever [notable autist] is brought up with no provocation.

Attached: 1556035382727.png (672x743, 223K)

yes blitzball is fucking awful and basically impossible to lose once you get a couple of decent team members and learn to exploit the pants on head retarded AI. Enjoy grinding it for Wakkas celestial weapon though!

absolutely BTFO kh tard coping

Attached: 1536398314381.jpg (626x672, 54K)

ff9's tetra master is objectively the shittiest mini game they've ever implemented, why do so many people swear by it?

Attached: flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 148K)

ff1-14 all have copy pasted gay faggots
go be underage somewhere else

Attached: ffxiv-ffxv.jpg (4942x1724, 1.47M)

Conan please. The game is already dead. You don't need to style on it any more.

I remember figuring it out and having a lot of fun with it.

Yeah KH fags need to be gassed

>that image
ff14 is indeed shit. you're growing on me XV-kun.

Attached: 1558094673491.jpg (372x339, 23K)

cope

Attached: 1562854527238.png (613x604, 476K)

but nobody stands by it, everyone prefers triple triad. Tetra master might've been good if the whole thing wasn't so ridiculously RNG based

Ill agree it has some issues, the linearity persists in most FF games, but its especially bad in 13. Whats wrong with 3 party fights though? The splitting up characters i didnt mind, it made you try out other people, since left to my own devices i would only ever use Sazh, Lightning, and Vanille.

The most valid complaint people have of 13 is just how far you can get using just Auto Battle. I remember the first time i really had issues was the dragon Fal'Cie at the top of TaeJin's Tower. The combat is so good and complex when you need to switch between all 6 roles and 6 different combinations of those roles (Long Gui will one shot everyone unless youre in triple Sentinel), but the game makes it so buffs only become necessary in the last 10% of the game, its infuriating.

I did enjoy the story though. It was pants-on-head retarded, but i thought it was pretty grand and was at least unique in the method the Fal'Cie wanted to reach their goal. They werent just evil for the sake of it, except maybe Barthendalus, hes a dick

Where did you find people who swear by tetra master? Even on Yea Forums I've only seen a few people who like it.

FFXV is the best FF since the PS1 era and its also the best selling FF ever ourpacing FF7s sales when comparing timespans, meaning FFXV is more relevant now at a higher peak than FF7 was when it came out.

Give the franchise to the FF14 team.

>FF9 also had a higher dev budget than FFXV did, so did FF7 and FF12
HAHAHAHA
And no, sales have nothing to do with success, it's all about profit and FFXV was nowhere near as profitable as past titles.

who here the only good FFs are 7 8 and 10

absolutely seething kh tard

Attached: 1536398740996.jpg (1461x824, 117K)

Hell no, only good ones are 1 PSP, 3 DS, 4 DS, 5, 9, X, X-2 if you ignore the plot, XII Zodiac, XIV post-ARR, and all the Tactics games

No thanks

Attached: lolome.jpg (706x347, 113K)

Honestly more worried about dodging 200 lightning strikes in a row. Doesnt sound too hard, just throw some music on, turn off encounters, and focus for a few minutes. But apparently there's an input delay or visual delay or something, that makes it much harder to get on the remaster. So thats gonna be fun

you just made me vomit

what i mean by splitting the party is that the entire stagger - > switch to heavy hitter -> stagger -> switch to heavy hitter design was hardly possible in a party of two. combat felt like a chore. it really opened up and was more fun with a full group down on gran pulse. i didn't even mind the hallway shit, but fighting with 2 people just wasn't fun when the entire system was designed around having a party of 3. if they were going to split for so much of the game, parties of 3 would have been ideal.

i agree with you on the rest tho. ff13 is not my favorite but i am still quite fond of it.

Never reply to me ever again

Who are you quoting and was that pic have to do with my post?

Attached: ff14.png (1568x2376, 1.83M)

Are you retarded?

FFXV broke even on day 1, it made over $300m on day 1, no fucking game ever cost that much, and FFXV budget is confirmed under $140, meanwhile FF7 budget is over $140m to $225m, FF7 sold 6.57m in 2 years, FFXV sold 8.4m in 2 years, you are absolutely fucking retarded and XV made not only more profit but more revenue at a much faster pace.

Hell FFXV on Steam has sold 1m priced at $50 and on sale occasionally to $12, FF7 is the only other single player FF on Steam to have sold 7m yet FF7 is priced at $12 to $6 frequently on sale, even if XV was at half price for all its 1m sold on Steam it STILL would have made double what FF7 made on Steam if FF7 never had any sales and was only at its default price of $12.

I had no trouble getting it on the remaster, just make sure your tv doesnt have a lot of input lag. the game itself is responsive enough. There's a trick with no encounters where you keep circling and running onto the same spot that guarantees a lightning strike, that's how I did it. With that, even if there is latency, reaction is less important anyway. Though I did fuck up at like 170 dodged which made me want to throw my controller. Was just due to me being a fucking idiot though.

XV steam on sale to $25* not $12

>muh wow
14 is garbage
even comrades has a better character creator, combat system and bosses

imagine wanting to go backwards in your battle system, by having it be Turn Based.

battle starts:
NPC1: Attack
NPC2: Attack
NPC3: Attack
NPC4: Attack
Enemy1: Attack
NPC1 is inflicted with blind
Enemy2: Attack
NPC1 is unaffected by blind
NPC1: Use item Eye Drops
NPC1 is no longer blinded.

5 minutes Later

You gain 2 exp point.
Obtain item Eye Drops

Sure am glad they added a 5 times speed to the animations so I can skip all of this!

Oh thank god, so i can just memorise where the lightning strikes and tap dodge then. Should be fine, im pretty good with long periods of grinding. Podcasts help. I listening to over half of LPOTL while trying to get Lead God on Enter the Gungeon. Fucking infuriating, and even worse, since i finally got it, the bastards have added a new character that makes it easy. Ive got it another 10 times since then

>the entire FF series works on GCDs longer than 14

Attached: 1562215564156.png (511x515, 29K)

7 did 1m on steam not 7m*

For recap

FF7 sold 1m on Steam priced at $12 to $6, it took 5 years to hit 1m on Steam
FFXV sold 1m on Steam priced $50 to $25, it took 1 year for it to hit 1m on Steam

FF14 is the only other paid FF with 1m Steam owners but that includes free trials so not only bought versions
And Mobius has 1m owners but its free to play not paid at all

No other FF on Steam has 1m owners

ff14 is shit. 1.0 was unironically better than ARR.
not everyone who hates your shit subscription """""game""""" is into wow. in fact, you might as well be playing wow with a longer GCD and larger number of faggots. also isn't it fucking hysterical they still haven't bothered to fix the running animation when you do a sudden strafe or change of direction? hahahaa.... 14 fags are the worst, but luckily for you SE will keep shitting this kind of content out as long as retards like you keep paying for the privilege.

Attached: smoogy.png (798x597, 366K)

Look at how desperate you are to get people to believe you, you're tripping over yourself.
Oh yeah and stop thinking that development costs are the only thing that matters when marketing for it also exists and wasn't taken into account.

I'm not desperate I'm just posting facts, you seem to be in denial over facts.

FF7 budget of $140m-$225m includes marketing budget
FFXV budget which is under $140m includes marketing budget

Fucking idiot

based

Only objective statement, other replies are just the usual contrarians, trolls and assorted trash

10 years to release, under 140M without marketing. Explains why the game is shit.

The REAL question: Do you think they'll ever bring FF13 over to the PS4? Or will i need to go buy a ps3 again to play it?

>modern console gamers
>shit taste and begging for ports

What? FFXV budget even including any versus costs and all marketing costs is less than FF7s budget

Women, minorities, inclusivity and diversity.

Probably not. They should have done it years ago.

>1.0 was unironically better than ARR
I wonder if this mental illness where you HAVE to be an epic contrarian on Yea Forums no matter what actually has a name?

>"I want the next FF to be X" = "X is what FF has always been"
Wow you're retarded

Sorry bro, you're the retard
Selling 9m to 1997 install base of one of the competing available consoles is not even comparable to today's market
Also, comparing budgets has to account for inflation

>caring this much about some failed journalist's shit opinions
>the poll results in that pic
>FF5 that low, even below FF13
Yikes on all fronts.

>"Final Fantasy VII" cost around $45 million to make, and had a U.S. marketing budget of around $100 million"

What are you talking about? Final Fantasy XIII cost Square Enix $65 million for 5 years of development on the PlayStation 3. Final Fantasy XV is probably at least double that and the open-world nature of it all means Square probably spent more just learning a different style of development.

Are you fucking retarded? FF7 budget is taking inflation into account, it literally cost more

PS1 had a 100m installbase by 2001 which was 4 years after it launched, PS4 is not 100m yet and and its been 5 years since it launched, FF7 also was on PC 1 year after launch and playable on PS2 which was b/c with PS1 and which also went on to sell over 100m, FF10 is only at around 8m desite that

FF7 sold 6.57m in 2 years, it then was heavily discounted with the PS greatest hits budget release which was less than 1/2 price and it only went lower as time went on
FFXV sold 8.4m in under 2 years majority at full price with only around 500k at sales from 10% off to 50%off before back to full price in 2018, then only in 2019 is it reallly mostly 1/2 price

No matter how you slice it XV made more money than 7 and is selling way better than 7 or any FF.

Don't give me that "but kf course its new ff of course it sell gud" when no, FF13 sold less than FF10, FF7 and FF8 when comparing release timespans and also FF12 just overtook FF13s lifetime sales

It took 3 years for FF13 to hit 6.6m, currently its at 7.3m after 10 years
It took 4 years for FF8 to hit 8.1m, its at 8.8m~ currently after 20 years
It took FF7 2 years to hit 6.57m and it took 5 years to hit 9.3m, currently at 12m with most of its copies after that 6.57m sold less than half price, mainly at $15, $12 to as low as $6 after 20+ years
It took FF9 3 years to hit 5.3m and it is at 6m after 19 years
It took FF12 3 years to hit 6m and its at 7.4m after 13 years
It took FFXV 1 year 11 months to hit 8.4m and its at 9m now after 2 years 6 months

>gets BTFO by polls but shills literal who site ranking by a tranny jouno

Retard, FF7 budget is $146m-$220m
SE confirmed FFXV entire budget including all versus costs way less than GTAV and Destiny 1, Destiny 1 cost $140m meaning XV cost less than $140

Attached: gyvme.jpg (1080x985, 290K)

Are you pretending to be retarded? I cannot believe what I'm reading.

Ah ok, I stand corrected. Hadn't taken inflation into account. Do you have a source for where SE stated that 15's budget was less than all those games combined?

you're arguing with xv-kun

Are you?

>Is it safe to assume that this is the most expensive game ever made, if account for the entire development cycle, before you took over?

>No, it's not, even including that. From what I've heard, we're nowhere near what Destiny or Grand Theft Auto V [cost].

>But Destiny's budget is projected over a ten-year timeline.

>Tabata: I suppose if you consider it from when we started Versus XIII, we've been at it for ten years as well. The budgets for all of our projects are controlled quite strictly, but on a company level, so it's not been allowed to go that far out.

gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-director-qanda-the-race-to-the-fi/1100-6429741/

Destiny budget is confirmed $140m in pic related
FF7 budget is confirmed as $145m-226m

Here is Squaresoft stating FF7 sold 5.16m by December 24th 1997, it released in January 1997.
web.archive.org/web/20010215045626fw_/http://web.square.co.jp:80/investors/exsite/news_97/newsr13/index.html

Here is Squaresoft official statement that FF7 sold 6.57m by January 1999, 2 years after release.
web.archive.org/web/20010215033951/http://web.square.co.jp:80/investors/exsite/news_98/n990205/index.html

Here is SE state XV hit 5m on day 1 and is the fastest selling FF game
dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xv-five-million-sales-fastest-selling-game/

Here is Tabata stating XV broke even on day 1
>G: There has been a lot of speculation on how many copies the game needed to sell to break even. Are we there yet? Did Final Fantasy XV break even and is now into profitable territory?

>HT: Of course, we broke even on day one.
dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xv-interview-future-dlc-first-look-character-creation-more/

Here is official report confirming XV was close to 6.6m by November 2017
twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/928234069091016704

Here is SE confirm XV hit 8.4m by November 2018, 2 years after release
jp.finalfantasy.com/news/2240

No, I understand, but evidence IS evidence. I wont deny the man his evidence just because he is XV-kun.

God damn, do you just have all these links on file for when your...I guess compelled to defend your right to enjoy 15? I appreciate all this but what the fuck lol.

he's been acting like this for 8 years
he's insane, you can't imagine the autism he's displayed

And XV is now 1m-2m on Steam meaning it's at 9m+, it was only 500k on Steam back when it hit 8.4m in 2018.

What this means is also that XV sold 6m at full price in its first month making $360m, which is way more money than even the most expensive video game budget

Hell the most expensive game budget is $292m for CoD MW2. FFXV sold 5m on day 1 which means $300m on day 1, which is more than the most expensive game budget ever, and as already pointed out here XV entire budget including Versus costs was less than GTAV budget which is $265m-$285m, and less than Destiny 1 budget which is $140m-$148m

FF7 budget is $145m to $226m

It is because XV-kun doesn't like XV, therefore he has to defend it.

I just do my research.

Shut the fuck up retard

>music is bad
Granted, this is valid criticism
>story uninteresting, characters boring, combat sucks
This is where it's obvious you didn't play it

DQ Chads > FF Virgins

>I just do my research.
Most be taxing to look up all this shit, just to have it be ignored and XV still being a pile of shit.

Being an actual fantasy game is a good start; it's not called Final Science Fiction.

The story can't possibly be good when those boring characters are in it. I wanted to give it a chance, believe me, but it's just not good enough. And get fucking real, DQ combat is shit.

1) Definitely STOP with remakes (*), spin-offs, sequels/prequels and whatever...
and start concentrating ALL their efforts on the mainline series.

2) Keep FF7Remake's combat for every mainline game from now on
(*)[SPOILER]except for VersusXV[/SPOILER]

Attached: finalfantasyxviunofficiallogo.jpg (1000x450, 110K)

Must be taxing to seeth at XV being not only great but also very successful.

sauces?

it's bullshit, SE said they will never do another turn based FF

That's just your opinion. It was incredibly popular in Japan, and the story is great especially the whole post-game time travel aspect

You're just a sour retard who would definitely hate all Dragon Quest games and old-school JRPGs; and the JRPG genre isn't for you

Have you played any of his games before forming your opinion?

If not your opinion is worth less than shit.

You have not played these games. No one who belongs on Yea Forums gives any credence to review scores. This is a place where one is expected to actually play a game before giving their retarded opinion.

Order of greatness, excluding MMOs:
1. FFVII
2. FFIX
3. FFXII
4. FFX
5. FFXV
6. FFVIII
7. FFXIII

Okay but have you played the game?

How is it 2019 and you still don't understand that popularity has nothing to do with quality? Phone games are popular in Japan, does that mean they are good games? I like JRPGs new and old alike, DQ11 was just lame.

>all of these zoomer level complaints

lol

>defending shit games

Yeah, I played it. Beat the game, with nothing but warp strike. Did that dumb underground castle thing, for literally nothing of value. Chapter 2 and 3 were fun for wandering a barren and empty world. Was glad to see they invested so much time into a cup of noodles and camping. Corridor runner chapters 4 and onward, were really polished and entertaining. Secret boss in the sewers was a lot of fun and interactive, got to see how much effort they put into warp striking it. I didn't even collect all the royal weapons, because they are functionally useless compared to warp strike. Was also super glad to climb a mountain that had a huge arena with nothing in it. The game may of been successful in sales. It doesn't stop it from being shit

not suffocatingly linear
good combat system
good levelling system. ideally a job system

Too bad you have shit taste and you have to take the Zu hunt before doing the volcano for it to show up retard, post invalidated

I dont think anyone has denied 15 is a financial success. In fact, most posts here have been saying that 15 is a disappointment DESPITE its success. 15 is basically the fallout 4 of the franchise; shit tons of pre release hype with shiny graphics and expertly edited trailers to grab even more of that normie audience money. I'm not gonna go into whether or not 15 or fallout 4 were good games, I dont really care about changing anyones opinions, but it cant be denied that both franchises sacrificed A LOT of what drew in their core audience like class systems, weird progression systems, weird combat systems and a large or diverse cast of playable characters (all of this is for 15) in favor of larger and more detailed over worlds that didnt need to be so large and detailed, imo.

>I didn't play it, so it's shit

If it's so great you could easily prove me wrong but you and I both know you can't. Shit characters can never produce a good story. It's not possible.

I have a question. Final Fantasy X. The world is defined by a massive demon whale that lives in the sea and is drawn to people to kill them. Why doesnt everyone just move inland? Why is every major city on the coast? That seems to be tempting fate somewhat

user, I love you.

In other words, here we fucking go.

Attached: 5rt76yghiuij.png (290x350, 123K)

the same reason people do that in real life
>tsunami fucks your shit
>move back, rebuild

Did you miss the part where it isn't in the sea?

It can fly tho

Most retarded character in the game
>world is ravaged by a giant kaiju sea-monster
>only known way to subdue the threat is through ritual sacrifice
>intentionally sabotages the sacrifice

Attached: Rikku_eye.jpg (1291x726, 519K)

Not much of an inland.

Attached: ffxmap.jpg (800x779, 83K)

I recommended Unlimited to someone who imagined FFXVI through the lens of D&D thinking that they'd like it. Now I really wanna play it myself. Damn you, user!

fuck your religion

Scale back the tech shit, stop trying to be 'modern fantasy'

I'm feelin' like it's time for sum happy festival fireworks, ya?

Attached: 1474669119555.png (1920x1200, 2.9M)

you have no justification for liking old DQ games but not 11 beyond "muh nostalgia". kys fag

You don't even know what games I like you moron. Argue my points, don't derail the topics at hand. Oh, but we know you can't.

Not be linear like X and XIII. Not have unlikable characters making up a large chunk of the cast like X and XIII. Not have a boring battle system like XII. Not have random unmarked chests that you need to not open to get weapons like XII. Not have ridiculously high HP superbosses that are boring and item drop grinding like XII. Not be a haphazard mess with mediocre and easy combat like XV.

This here is the real problem.

Spira was unironically better with Sin

Absolutely correct. X was the beginning of the decline, and people that praise X are retards. XII had too many flaws to be a return to form, and XIII and XV are just bad.

>im amazed people are actually bothering with a shitty version of football while a godlike demon whale is wrecking the world
This gets asked and addressed within the game. Basically blitz is the one thing they all enjoy and allows them to COPE with Sin and it's cycle of destruction.

If you think DQ11 is bad then either you must think old DQ games are bad and thus you have shit taste, or you're a literal brainlet tard.

All FF mainline titles have shit combat anyway, who cares.

Speaking of which, here's how I would do FFXVI (and if Square produced Versus XV AND read this proposal for FFXVI and made it similar to this one, that'd be great):
>Runs on the Radiance Engine (an upgraded version of the FFXIV engine, the most user-friendly version of Luminous by far), or probably UE4 if that engine is no longer workable
>Seamless overworld battles
>Active Dimension Battle ver. 2 but with combination Techs and Gambits disabled on the active player character, designed by Hiroyuki Itou and Akihiko Matsui
>Linkable Gambits that can be sequenced into mini-Paradigms
>Somber story, with low-key personal goals but with daily life moments that bring awe and moments of joy into the game's world, snowballs into a narrative about people displaced by war and their efforts to make a life in a world in which their country no longer exists
>Directed by Kazutoyo Maehiro, Heavensard writer and The Last Remnant director, written by Jun Akiyama, FFXII and Vagrant Story/KH1 in-game cutscene director
>Ensemble cast includes a girl adjusting to her new life in a foreign land after her traumatic past, a travelling dancer pursuing inspiration in spite of his lack of skill, a pint-sized Moogle general that leads a force defending a small pond of water, and a former spy turned gardener
>Characters designed by Kazuya Takahashi, FFXIV character artist (who in my opinion is the next Nomura)
>Art direction by Hiroshi Minagawa, like a less ornate FFXII, with more togas and an airship buried in the sand
>An aesthetic derived from Ancient Rome, with lots of influences from North Africa and the Middle East, but with customary influences from Japan and Korea in in-universe 'foreign countries'
>If FFXII is India and Syria, then FFXVI is Turkey, Rome, Athens, and Southern Spain all at once)
>Chocobos captured UAE falcon-style, then breedable
>Lots of blue in the architecture to contrast with the golden (and olive green) landscapes

Attached: Final_fantasy_xvi_fanmade_logo_by_azureparagon_d2rh6ru-pre.png (916x872, 341K)

Have they ever tried to make it turn based, non linear and have towns in it?

Uhh just a hunch, that might be the problem

There's always going to be a decline at a peak, moron

This isn't an argument. You're an idiot that can't even carry a discussion aren't you?

X being the decline means that it's already going downhill, not that X itself was the peak. Dumb ESLfag.

It still hit many heights despite being a bit linear. X was a peak, not THE peak. Learn to read.

>X was a peak
Not even fucking close. X was a full swing decline on all fronts. It did just about nothing better than IV-IX.

Sales =/= Quality
Do you also consider Avatar the best movie ever made? Fucking retard.

>>Characters designed by Kazuya Takahashi, FFXIV character artist (who in my opinion is the next Nomura)
...and that's a good thing!?

You keep telling yourself that.

FFXVI:

have platinum games do the combat.
have whoever at SE create the characters, story, etc.

Turn Based fags are delusional
muh FF needs to only be medieval high fantasy are also delusion

XV was kino. Just don't push normal and good ending to DLCs

Attached: DMC5 Dante.jpg (1917x1079, 293K)

Xfags are retards. I don't need to reassure myself that an incredibly mediocre game was a step down on all fronts compared to the 6 games before it.

>Traditional FF style Turn-Based combat
Fucking trash

Attached: 1561463073551.jpg (600x662, 38K)

Well, as a character artist who could potentially define how the next sterotypical FF character could look like, yes.

Leaf through here to see what he's done for the franchise so far (mostly FFXIV stuff):
imgur.com/a/1qQra

>kino
Oh?

Attached: This was layer 13 in Photoshop.png (1280x720, 767K)

>>Turn based
>>High fantasy, no modern nonsense
>>No open-world
You never liked FF, did you?

Based and Tabatapilled

Attached: Ignis Devil Trigger.jpg (1919x1079, 217K)

His work looks more like Akihiko Yoshida than Nomura dude

Notice your failure to answer the question.

Obviously, I know that, but he can, if Yoshi-P picks him for FFXVI's character design, occupy the role of the go-to FF character designer did as Nomura did once before. And he should. It's the best medium between high art Amano and stylized-enough to be usable for 3D character modelling. SE really needs to push him further. Harder, if you will.

- no visual key faggots
- PURE fantasy, no technology bullshit
- an epic story
- online battles against other players

>100 % Fantasy setting without much Machinery & absolutely no Mecha

this isn't the problem, most of the good FF games have ton of machine themes, like V, VI, VII, VIII, X, etc..

Attached: 1551657638772.gif (320x200, 1.87M)

IX felt very traditional, I don't know why, the story about a dashing rogue trying to capture a princess and they fall in love

also, Steiner and Vivi carried the game hard

Attached: 1560128208448.gif (320x180, 687K)

>lets break down any game

>press button

To follow-up from my last post, here's his Twitter account:
twitter.com/short__pieces

I'll be honest, even as a Versusfag, I must admit, that Tabata did his best with what he could work with.

But the fact that there were still so many elements from Versus he could've added back in to tie things together made the game lose polish, causing it to fall apart in the end.

>rogue and princess fall in love
baffles me how many people on here think this is the main plot of FFIX. Might want to pay attention next time.

it's the start of the story, obviously then later evolves into ff shenanigans

Attached: 1547724100771.gif (320x240, 758K)

The FF shenanigans are hinted at from the very start of the game to be fair. But yes, they sort of pushed a love story in there as well. FFIX was supposed to be a big love letter to all the old FF games, that's why it was made to be so old school in comparison to other entries at the time.

Attached: Moons.jpg (940x545, 175K)

Yeah cause 'hold circle and try not to pass away of natural causes' was such a joy. Hold on, I gotta spam potions rq.

Go back to fantasy
Drop nomura
Bring back ATB

Actually have a story were I don't have to read codex, have to watch a anime, CG film to know what the fuck is going on would be a good start. Combat and encounter is 15 were aweful "Hold button to win" for the most part. It like Betheda you spent so long building a world but there is substance to it. Also since Square merged with Enix is been downhill. Its not nearly a creative or well written (not saying FF was every amazing of course but it was better). There was specefic bit in 15 were you fight a giant or something and the game has not told you why that is important, but the game is acting like "Oh you know why this is significant" I dropped it shortly after that, Had no fucking clue what was going on for the most part anyway.

Sorry, is substance, no depth that's explained by well paced exposition, even X managed that FFS

That sounds like Final Fantasy is finally returning to its aesthetic roots and core gameplay mechanics.
Fuck all the newfags in this thread that dislike this idea.
It would be FUCK AMAZING to see a 3D Final Fantasy game with the world style of the original Final Fantasy games, the whole medieval theme.

Return to turn based combat

false flag fucker like you should just end yourself

What the fuck is this trying to prove? Some guy hitting a dummy?

none of this matters if its a soulless and coorporate piece of shit.

though i do agree with this i think ff10 has a lot of soul.
youtube.com/watch?v=TWVST7P37IM

it did worldbuilding phenomenally, during the first playthrought you dont notice the linearity of it at all. this is quite a respectable achievement.

>during the first playthrought you dont notice the linearity of it at all.
you're kidding right? I spent the whole time waiting for the overworld to show up, and then it never did.

>reductionist falacy

i bet you impress your fortnite friends with that shit on a daily basis

Attached: 4d96f6b858ddb312f9b118b0c8ddaf20.jpg (564x423, 25K)

I can't stand world maps in JRPGs anymore.
As a kid maybe I could appreciate the facade of exploration, even if 90% all optional content was gated behind different modes of transportation. At least it was there, and you COULD do 1 or 2 side quests a chapter.
Now I just hate it. It's just the devs lying about their game not being linear. It adds useless padding, and wastes my time when I think I'll finally be able to explore the world, only to find every point of interest is conveniently just out of reach over a shallow river or a 4 foot cliff.

Going back to two sides standing in rows for combat, either turn-based or with ATB. OR go full character-action with the combat. Also bring back usable airships.

Go back to actually being an rpg series

>successful
>scalping whales and casual fujos with cash shop and gear treadmill shit is good game design

Attached: 1528826227152.jpg (640x480, 35K)

>disregarding mechanical depth in an RPG
>judging games based on "scores" from casuals
>judging games without playing them

This is why I like SaGa, there's a minimum amount of brain cells required to even consider playing them.

Stick to Final "hold circle to win" Fantasy, it's made just for you

Attached: 1551025266422.jpg (500x375, 24K)

>Traditional FF style Turn-Based combat
>2020
Not going to happen. Turn-based combat doesn't appeal to casuals and will never return in a big mainline game again.

>Turn-based combat doesn't appeal to casuals and will never return in a big mainline game again.
That's why Persona 5 sold so poorly.

Not planning on staying but i'll put my two cents in real quick. Main thing? Put more effort into the game play, content and what not before just making it look pretty. They have had this obsession with making the game look good over the mechanics in the past. Not saying don't make it look good but let's be real no one is gonna care if it's not the pinicale of graphics upon release. Instead put that energy into making the mechanics, story, and basically the whole base of the game good first.

I did like ffxv but I won't lie when I say they cared more about style in that game and also cared more about things that are "cool" than making a story that makes more sense. Don't get me wrong the story isn't complete shit but perhaps if they put more money into the devloping of the game mechanics and the story instead of graphics we would be left with a game that was more complete. One that didn't have the last dlc cut as a fuck you to the fans who gave money but are now left with a somewhat incomplete story.

Sorry for the long ramble but the way game companies, especially squarte enixs will waste funds is infuriating. They will spend so much time and energy on looking pretty instead of the thing that made final fantasy, final fantasy. The core of it, not just looks. Writers that are more interested in what sounds cool than what makes a coherant story. Not true for all but the most recent ones have fallen prey to this bs I feel.

Just let 3 be Osaka team's last KH and give it back to the Tokyo team if possible

That would be fucking swell, but it won't happen.

If faith into the series is FF10, then the series is trash.

Better graphics doesn't make a better game SQUAREEEEE

>They're by the books generic JRPGs that aren't particularly distinct from the leagues of other similar games.
>The biggest fucking complaint about the series is that it's unlike everything else in the market
You're a complete and clueless imbecile

Good gameplay, none of this causal Hold O to win garbage
Don't break up the story into retarded chunks like what 15 did with it's story being in a movie, DLC, multiplayer, and novels that were made from cancelled DLC

>his post is invalidated just because of one thing he didn't do for a hunt

Attached: Youre not serious right.png (237x241, 65K)

I like Final Fantasy fans pretend the game ever took skill to begin with. It was a fucking menu simulator.

You're a dumb motherfucker. FF is a hundred times more generic than the worst SaGa

Play the game faggot

Still my favorite game to this day.

So sad to see where the series went after this one. X was okay, but everything after was fucking trash.

>FFXVI might be more traditional and have ATB
Only way I will buy a new FF game. And I grew up on them. I played Persona 5, FE: Echoes and DQXI recently, I buy a lot of other JRPGs but the last FF game I bought was XIII.

>implying ATB isn't turn based in all but name
>implying high fantasy wasn't all but 1 of the first 10 games
>implying overworld = open world
I'm beggin ya to have sex

I never understood why people considered FF a franchise when every full numbered game is unrelated to all the others.

I don't lose faith in the series, just miscellaneous business decisions. They use FF to at least be innovative and try something different with the massive budget so whilst they can and will fuck up, at least they are willing to take the chance; not many brands have that luxury.

Imagine being a zoomer who likes Square's action games

battle starts:
press square
tank NPC attack
press square
tank NPC attack
press square
tank NPC attack
press square
press triangle to do Super Flashy Faggot Triangle

5 minutes later

You get 1 point to your Cocksucker Heart Grid

Glad I never was a homosexual and bought those shitty nu-Square games!

That's why you all shat on FFXII for doing something different.

Doing something different only works when it's something you like that isn't challenging your nostalgia.

>most fans agree the good games are the ATB/turn based ones
>yes yes, but how about we do ANOTHER action game like Kingdom Faggots 1.2 Half Full of Cum Edition? That was the best one!

>for doing something different.
Having a boring battle system, stupid drops and enemy health values and an ultimate weapons designed to make you buy a game guide were all shit decisions. The world of XII was actually big and fun to explore, and the aesthetic was great. They just made too many stupid decisions.

Be directed by Sakaguchi, that's literally it.

It's objectively the most in-depth and complex battle system the FF series ever had and will ever have.

if they do another mainline FF game anytime soon I hope it has FF7R's combat, the combination of ATB and action combat really makes my dick hard

Sakaguchi didn't direct any FF since 5

>Project headed by Sakaguchi
>Whole soundtrack by Uematsu
>Have Nomura in a character design position ONLY

The three golden makings of a good Final Fantasy, prove me wrong.

Attached: 596984446.gif (370x260, 1021K)

And that's where the series stopped being good.

You're an idiot if you think the battle system having a large number of possible gambit combinations make it the most in-depth battle system, and that still doesn't address the problem that all of the "depth" happens outside of battle preparing for it and not in the fucking battles themselves. The battle system wasn't fun at all. It was the worst one next to XIII.

Nomura's character designs are shit for many years now.
He should be fired. He is almost as awful as Tabata who got righfully fired too.

It's literally the only FF to this day that makes heavy use of buffs/debuffs as them actually mattering to the battle. Why do you keep talking about gambits? They're just one aspect of the overall depth of combat, and you can choose not to use them.

>a dozen weapon types with their own stats
>a shit-ton of spells with different uses beyond -ra and -ga spells
>a weather system influencing your performance in battle
>every boss has a gimmick that forces you to think instead of just spamming attack like 99% of FF games (the 1% being FF5)
>customization system allowing you to have granular control on protection rather than just slapping the latest armor

please, which FF even comes close to this?

That's because he's been in more directorial positions rather than focusing his true skills on the pre-production stage.

Actually be an RPG compared to games like FF13 or FF15 that would have better benefited being Action RPGs like Nier
At best Square could make a MMO RPG inspired mechamics like in FF12 and make that work else they should just do a turn based game

It also helps that gambit system is actually the best AI scripting system i've seen in vidya. It's so good it should be literally copypasted into any party based RPG. DAO did it, but it's a bloody shame that things like Kingmaker don't because it seriously improves quality of life, especially for buff routine.

Development time of 18 months or less.

I liked X and XII.

Set realistic goals and stick to them, then worry about other stuff if you have the resources and time. FF has been a victim of feature and scope creep for years now.

FFX was the best Final Fantasy game ever made, feels good

>It's literally the only FF to this day that makes heavy use of buffs/debuffs as them actually mattering to the battle.
Except for X and XIII, but I'm sure those don't count because you said so.

>Why do you keep talking about gambits? They're just one aspect of the overall depth of combat
Nevermind. There's no point in talking to someone this fucking stupid and deluded.

why do people even hate XV, it's fucking brilliant, I'm a few hours in and loving it

>why do people even hate XV
>I'm a few hours in
Keep going.

>That's why you all shat on FFXII
I was one of the games' defenders, even going so far as to defend Vaan as being the player avatar and being integral to Ashe's character development.

>it can fly wherever it wants
>it can spawn monsters wherever it wants
>it doesn't exist all the time, only after a certain amount of years
>Most of the continent is near water, there's not much "inland" land
>"Ya dude, just fuck your whole economy by never utilizing the ocean like transportation and fishing"

Are you legit retarded? Think before you post dumb shit

pick 3 favorite ones

strawpoll.me/18318841

>webm of a single minute of random sped-up grinding
What did he mean by this?

>I was so confused when I tried to get into jRPG's. All the heroes were knights and mages.
traditionally the point of fantasy was to explore a dangerous lawless/primitive world with nothing but your wits and talents. For boomers it was westerns. For Gen-X it was sword and sorcery.

FFX characters like Tidus are pandering to normalfags and women.

Attached: alex-chen-fafhrd-and-mouser.jpg (1920x1080, 556K)

When did buffs in X ever matter? XIII it's literally one of the only things you can do besides attacking, but I'll give you that tone

anyway shut the fuck up