He's right you know

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2019-07-14-12-52-17.png (1438x1367, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M
nomanssky.com/2018/07/a-message-to-the-community/
archive.is/ANa0V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They should only have spoken if they weren't going to lie more.

they didn't learn from him not to release an unfinished game
why would they learn from him now

This. I can forgive a little p.r. spin but outright lying pisses me off.

>mfw AAA game release and following PR goes so badly they got the head developer of motherfucking No Man's Sky telling them they did it wrong
The absolute state of EA and Bethesda.

Attached: 1489596687354.png (508x463, 144K)

Sean may be some lying fag, but at least he did kept quiet and just had the studio updating the game over time. At least that I can respect.
Todd is also just as passionate about games, and I can see enthusiasm.

Anthem PR though is total bullshit, blaming players for their failures.

Where's Beyond, Sean?

>can't talk way out of polarizing launch
>polarizing implies there's multiple and distinct sides
>in all 3 cases there's only 1 side:the games were all disappointing, over-hyped garbage

Attached: 1563049452331.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

He’s kind of right turteling and just silently but publicly working on your train wreck looks a lot better in the long run the Bethesda’s damage control on 76.
The best option is to make a fun complete game, but we can have that any more now can we?

I feel like he might unironically be right.

If there's any lesson to be learned of the past few years it's that people are hungry for some righteous outrage and no matter what you say, they'll make you the villain. You need to shut up and act, and fast.

Also that he had nothing to lose. His shitty little 'indie' studio had no name or risk involved. Asides from its small staff being laid off.

Versus a AAA studio with bills to pay and a massive infrastructure to support.

So while 'say nothing' may work for nobodies big studios can't just disappear like that

Attached: 1562355949672.jpg (750x613, 23K)

I wish devs would stop talking to reddit.

>people just forgive no mans sky
>b..b..but they fixed it a year later

Attached: Martyrs_Image_2.jpg (600x316, 18K)

Just comparing it to what he did compared to Bethesda who got one hit right after another and then went into scumbag mode while EA went straight into blaming players

Saying nothing was fucking retarded anyways. He fucked up and chose not to admit it for many months. Fuck no mans anus

That goes without saying it’s like comparing not one step back to win or die with honor and lose an entire army. Both a dumb one just slightly less so

Is it even good now? I never see anyone talk about playing it.

"fans" will say its "fixed" but it is still just a below average game.

>no matter what you say
I think the issue is that corporations like EA, Bethesda and Epic are PURPOSEFULLY saying incendiary and shameless things. There really isn't any effort on their part to soothe tensions among fans. Their goal now is to create outrage in order to drive free advertising.

>Fix your game after you release it
Yea a real hero

>>in all 3 cases there's only 1 side:the games were all disappointing, over-hyped garbage

You would think that would be the case, but there are die hard Anthem fans out there posting in its defence every day on a certain other website.

>Sean Murray: devs need to shut up
>also Sean Murray: 80% of people criticizing our game never played it
I wonder where he got that statistic from.

Attached: 1.jpg (745x560, 76K)

Out of his ass, like most of the stuff he said prior to release?

I can see how it’s being forgiven.
>it’s been a while
>it’s starting to live up to its promises
>a lot of people forgive then on the grounds of being an indie dev way over its head (if that’d fair or not is another subject)
>mostly just keep their head down during the shit storm
>the game had at least some passion although clearly misplaced
Meanwhile EA and Bethesda act outwardly antagonistic while pushing a soulless corporate product that was doubtlessly designed based off trends and focus groups

Nothing wrong with that statistic. I mean, plenty of people shat on the game while puking abundantly having seen the state of the game at launch. Of course no one would buy it.

>Sean Murray giving PR advice

Pretty obviously just hyperbole. Still fucking dumb to even say that given the shit they where in at them time

Anthem will be the shitty game that finally does Bioware in, won't it?

EA wouldn’t dare lose them they have a pedigree. Unless BioWare becomes a tumor that can’t produce any profit for years EA would probably be willing to tolerate them being in the red

It's all gonna hinge on whatever Dragon Age thing they're cooking up. If that fails they've used up their last trump card and will get EAed

>just hyperbole
>Speaking at the Develop conference in Brighton yesterday, Murray said that “we found that a huge percentage of people talking about the game online didn’t own or play the game.” Murray says that isn’t surprising, but the exact numbers are higher than I would have imagined – “70 or 80 percent of conversation” around the game came from people who had never played it.
How did they arrive at that number? What sort of data analysis have they perform? You don't say "we found that..." if you intend to simply hyperbolize.

Attached: 55.gif (540x540, 359K)

My only guess would be Steam forums, but that would ignore 2/3 of the possible player base.

because everyone refunded the game

>we the devs know damn well the game is shit so we better shut the fuck up
yeah, great guy

Unlike NMS the other two were made for payers, not players. They got salty because their cash cows starved on arrival

Going radio silent just makes most people think you've given up after releasing an unfinished game. Only the ride or die crowd will stick with you so that's also retarded.

Like Said you could also check ps and Xbox forums good chance plenty of post read as “glad I didn’t buy it or I was going to buy it” the numbers are obviously scientific, but possible

>3 years after launch

Attached: 1562444894194.jpg (1876x1876, 440K)

Dragon Age 4 has been in production for a while. I dont see how theyll make something that can undo literal YEARS of damage, unless its literally just a remade/better version of Origins, but thatll never happen.
DA4 not only has to sell extremely well, it also has to be universally praised.

I guess if you are fine with getting fucked at first and then pretending it is ok to fix shit later ok. I don't go back to game that fucking sucked when they first came out, but maybe I am just crazy

Attached: lion.png (572x503, 301K)

I can see how by this point the majority of people would have moved on or gained a less negative opinion especially considering how fucked gaming is now compared to then

That is bullshit. Just cause they is worse shit out there it doesnt make the game better. By this logic any game that is better than ET is a fucking 10/10 and should be forgiven of anything wrong with it.

Never said it made it better that’s just putting words in my mouth. I just said that the years after launch, people forgetting about it, and the games slowly becoming closer to its original promises have softened people’s opinions especially compared to resent events and the state of the industry

No Man's Sky VR when? I've had the LE on my shelf for quite awhile now.

If he said it, then he cant be.

hellooooo?
Anybody in there?

Attached: hello_games_studio.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

Why? Most of the people that bailed on No Man's Sky never came back.

>makes one game
>fucks it up
>suddenly an expert

>Why people should stay still after launch

Well lets see:
>Sean Murray literally hyped his own game into oblivion
>Promised features were not included
>Game was incredible shallow and instead asnwering the questions of people that actually supported him with money he said nothing

>GUYS BUT I FIXED THE GAME 2 +YEARS AFTER RELEASE
is a shitty answer and he should fuck off

yes

im lost and im hungry, what are noms?

No Man's Sky will never be a good game

you are a bad poster

No, its the wrong way to go as you basically give up part of your fanbase that is unhappy.

For example, people were actually willing to be patient with Anthem and were trying to see it fixed at all cost. You even had detailed analysis from other developers on why certain changes needed to be made only for all of that to be met with silence as Bioware pretended to stay the course.

Guess where all those people are now? Playing other games.

Sean Murray is the guy that fucked it all so fucking hard that Steam had to change his policies on refunds and store page trailers
Multiple times since

and they didn't need to because there was plenty of people warning them not to

>tea & noms

Attached: john.png (540x480, 204K)

honestly a surprising number of people seem to be happy with NMS after the updates so you might be right

>tell the truth post launch
>everyone abandons the game and your shareholders chimp out because you're telling it like it is, ie shit's fucked and everyone hates it
>lie post lauch
>everyone realises, same thing as previous happens
>say absolutely nothing, quietly update the game
>existing players keep playing, word of mouth quietly spreads again
Literally no reason not to shut up after a disastrous launch

The funny thing is the game is fundamentally flawed since the very concept.
It's a journey, yet travelling is boring. A Desert Bus, basically.
Yet people were crying about minor stuff like building bases and multiplayer.
Why would you need a base if you only visit a planet to milk it and never return?
Why would you want to invite a friend to this borefest?

Honestly, the devs of each product did try to buckle up and fix everything after launch.

Its just that the majority of dev time on games like anthem and fallout were in public relations development.

Just nod if you can hear me.

>hungry for some righteous outrage
they really wouldn't be if there was nothing wrong with the "videogame industry"

No Man's Sky has 1/10th of the player base it once had.

Sean added content but still hasn't fixed the core gameplay loop.

when you consider regular game drop off even having any players after this long is a pretty good achievement

That's wishful thinking
If your game is shit you'll bleed players too fast to keep up no matter what. No Man's Sky was so shit that it generated a neverending shitstorm that saved them from completely dying in terms of playerbase BECAUSE they fucked up so badly and it was the first time everyone was aware of it.
Compare it to Artifact, which didn't have as much attention because it was released in a time where this shit happens constantly, and see where the difference lies

>release unfinished game
>retards eat it up
>complain for 2 months following release
>ignore it
>said retards forget about it and continue to consume like good boys

Attached: PotatoingIntensifies.gif (500x280, 1.91M)

Why don't they just say that the game got delayed instead of releasing a broken game and lying about it?

Attached: 1355592808571.jpg (500x500, 121K)

only idiots post about irrelevant idiots

Attached: 1530343567539.jpg (2208x1242, 169K)

>still hasn't fixed the core gameplay loop
What exactly did you think you were getting?

Why did No Man's Sky fail Yea Forums?

because publishers want money NOW

The best way is to say "We hear you and we're working on it. Give us a few months." and then four months later announce free DLC that actually addresses the issues and release a roadmap.

>No man's scam
Lol

Niggers.
Oh wait, wrong board.
Developers don't know shit and designers can't do their job

any person that looks like a fucking mutant like you should fuck off

A game about exploration and not busy work bullshit

Not really. Other games that have been disappointments without being a complete train wrecks, like Starbound, have been able to retain larger percentage of its player base for longer periods of time.

The silent strategy only works for No Man's Sky because they or someone else figured they would never have that many players to begin with such a flawed game, so they went all in with the launch hype. That doesn't work for Anthem because Bioware and EA expected to have a higher and more consistent player count. Averaging a few thousand players a month doesn't cut it for them.

Is no mans sky at least capable of living up to it's E3 trailer yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M

Of course they would be? People are doing too good at the basics of life that they have to get upset about their relaxation and other insignificant things

He is exactly right. If you want to redeem yourself then it takes work, not empty promises.

NMS has come a LONG way from release, the only people still super salty about it are the kind of grudge-holding teenage girls you can only ever find on Yea Forums

No, they wouldn't
there's wrong shit all around them, the crimes of AAA greed are one of the easiest to target because they're absolutely massive
If they weren't, there's other shit around them to get that outrage binge going

Anything but needless busywork juggling six inventory systems with no space in them at all

It has already surpassed that.

if you can't hold a grudge about videogames you're a dumbass casual

From his ass. This is usually how everyone debates on the internet

Mate I couldn't give a flying fuck about videogames, they're time wasters for a free evening.

>Yea Forums - Casuals and Marketing Ploys

It's been like that since 2012

It really didn't have to be this way

he was actually right about that I believe

That's wrong though. PR101 stats that you never stay quiet because unhappy customers hate feeling ignored. You don't need to address people immediately but at some point you do have to make it known that you hear people and are addressing complaints.

>PR101

outdated boomer shit

What does he recommend before launch?

Attached: 6C172B4A-101A-4AA6-86F6-DF09CEF5D9F8.jpg (1080x581, 281K)

IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY.

Common sense is never outdated.

>biggest criminal and lying sociopath in the business gives his thumbs up
Really made me think

Anthem is actually a pretty good idea with a solid underlying engine and mechanics. It’s just missing absolutely everything else

He only stayed queit because he was being sued and his lawyer told him to shut the fuck up

There is absolutely no redemption for a unapologetic liar. Sean was asked dozens of times if there would be multiplayer, and always said yes.
>A day before launch Sean says "don't go in expecting a multiplayer game" but then still reassures people "there is multiplayer, but our game is so massive you might never find another player!"
>day fucking one two streamers "meet" each other, finding the same exact planet and solar system just to find out that there is no multiplayer at all. Nothing they do affects the other persons game, and they cannot see each other
>They ask Sean what's going on, he promised multiplayer and it's clearly not there
>Sean responds "Wow I can't believe you guys already met each other in game! We knew this would happen eventually, but this soon?!"
>Sean then goes radio silent when people keep hammering home the fact that he lied, for months, about multiplayer being a thing
People need to stop defending them with the 'bruh it's an indie game, they got way in over their head!". That's absolutely no excuse for telling blatant lies to try and sell your game

LPOL

At least Hello Games actually finished NMS, the current game is what was supposed to be present at launch

Meanwhile these big publishers who put out unfinished games never actually finish them

It makes sense for single player games. It doesn't make sense for a live service. You have to at least pretend to be alive.

I must be a fucking moron or something because I can't comprehend whats so fucking hard about testing a game before you release it for full price.

It costs money that you could be bagging instead

>can't even joke about killing the president without having the FBI busting down your door
>the idiot who made this facebook group still isn't in military custody
How does America even work

Attached: 1508028488465.png (446x750, 323K)

I'm eternally confused that this dude somehow never actually took any responsibility or admitted they fucked up in any capacity and people accepted it.

I understand that literally having almost the entire gamosphere focused on you like a death beam isn't a conducive environment to developing a balanced outlook on a situation but not once has this dude ever said "we fucked up", it's always some weird handwave about "being misunderstood" or what not.

Attached: really makes me think.jpg (540x459, 41K)

>It's not /pol/, said /pol/
l m a o

Never apologise mate
That's one of the few things that dude did right

It's fun and enjoyable.
these two never play video games, this is Yea Forums after all.

Holy shit you're brainwashed.

Yeah I am pretty sure Murray did apologise for the shit launch. Also made that arg event thing called waking titan before the first main update which was basically 'sony told us to release this heap of shit unready but we will keep working on it'.

He was a real lying cunt before and during release but the redemption arc is real.

well 80% of the owners asked for a refund so there is that.

>but the redemption arc is real.
No, it's not. He never once apologize for all of his lies. Show me a single apology he made about the constant lying over multiplayer being in the game at launch

>fuck up massively and it's entirely your fault, and the fault of everyone who work for you
>not apologizing
what culture is this OK in

Attached: 1445218870645.jpg (500x642, 73K)

then why are you posted picture about op
and why am i replying to you?

The issue is most publishers aren't gamers of any kind, so they don't test the product themselves. They just set the financial expectations and deadlines. It's not really like other industries where investors and bosses would want to see the research for themselves before they go all in with investing.

In exchange for a game that has some longevity beyond streamers playing it for le fahnny bugs ecks dee.

doesn't matter, 90% of revenue comes from purchases in the first 6 months
you caused this behavior to proliferate, live with the fallout now

There are people that liked NMS at launch.

Just going off memory he made one of sorts on his website and did some interview talkin about not able to make multiplayer in time of release, I don't care enough to go looking further but you can.

I like it because its a chilled game especially now. Was never worth the AAA price tag.

Fuck off Sean.

He never actually said that. Burden of proof is on you if you want to say he did say it

it clearly worked for murrayneux

He's rebranded himself as a victim of circumstances who pulled himself up out from under the foot of the vile "haters" who misunderstood him and it took.

Attached: tails shrug.jpg (896x705, 421K)

>90% of revenue comes from purchases in the first 6 months
That's not a relevant measure to microtransaction games at all.

I've never played NMS. Is it good now? Is there anything else to do besides shoot rocks?

yes

Microtransactions are a terrible practice, too

Well after an exhausting 5 seconds on google...
nomanssky.com/2018/07/a-message-to-the-community/
archive.is/ANa0V

I don't think its much but its more than Todd is ever going to say.
Do you know of any other games like NMS but better for me to try?

>shoot rocks
>fly in space from one rock to another
>shoot rocks and get shot at by ai
>find horrible generation
>build a barebone base
>so barebones like holy fuck is it bland
>you can now actualy see other players and shoot rocks together
that's about it.

the difference being Anthem was abandoned and its players are rioting while Fallout 76 is still being worked on, releasing and improving new expansions and existing content, and still has an active user base despite the initial bad press.

Its best to just ignore gamers. There is absolutely nothing to be gained for devs to interact with Yea Forums.

Attached: 83128.jpg (1920x1080, 262K)

capitalist culture, obviously.

Dial 8

my post is saged, you noob

Notice how he never apologizes or even acknowledges his lie. He simply states that he wanted it implemented at launch

They've added so much shit since launch you would have to look at the major update patchnotes on their website to see but off the top of my head:

>exploration
>fight pirates/raid trade fleets
>quests
>side collectathons
>base building
>own freighters/battle fleets (send em on missions or use as a convoy)
>4 player co-op in 16 player MP instances

And said made mistakes on his website. But yeah he should've done some ass kissing for all the bullshit he sprouted before and during it coming out.
But I can't find anything better for that type of game, hopefully the next patch gives it some more interesting things to do.

The quest stories were really good and engaging, hope they do more shit like that.

I think the idea is you always shift blame to someone else to look better. The saying is "Always take credit, never take responsibility."

I haven't bought a AAA title in probably 10 years mate. I only play two games nowadays.

You people are just dumb as dogshit if you think anyone would blatantly lie in that situation. It's pretty obvious that there was miscommunication within the team about how realistic their aspirations were. Not to mention once Sony started stirring their dick in the project, they probably forced them to release ahead of time.

Shit happened. It wasn't malicious. Get over it.

>I personally made mistakes.

Oh neat is he gonna take some responsibility?

>Certainly one regret is that the intensity and drama of launch left no room for communication with the community.

Nope! Once again he rewrites history to place himself as some kind of victim of circumstances.

They were forced to!

Attached: laughing owl.png (688x530, 542K)

>He's right you know
That OP is a brain damaged retard, yes.

Most gaming journos don't actually play the games they write about, they just google it, rip images from lets plays, and then write about how oppressive and anti-woman it is for clicks.

This.

Plus people wanted the game to be shit long before it came out, they would have hated it whatever happened. Standard Yea Forums behaviour.

Where do you dumb fucks get this information from? No one sued them. They were under Sony's umbrella of lawyers at that point. They stopped talking because they realized it was just stirring shit up and they had other things they needed to focus on.

There was a really good article on this a bit back. I forgot if it was Game Informer or PC Gamer. But Murray explained in-depth about his schedule back in those days and how everything was a complete clusterfuck. And how they realized there is nothing they could say that wouldn't backfire so they just went to radio-silence and did their work and ignored all this shitposting all over the internet.

damn were you really not around during the launch of this shit?

It didn't even stop after the game launched lmao.

Attached: CpgNxpuW8AAanTf[1].jpg (504x923, 49K)

They get sent media packages with the pics and videos and whatever bullshit to write about.
Video game 'journalism' has always been about promoting products that are either paid by the game company or be the console company themselves.
Though I remember NMS - Nintendo Magazine System at least in the early 90's was funny and independent but it wen't to another publisher and was just an advertisement for Nintendo each month from like 95 onwards.
>tfw I'll never know who Fatboy was

m8, they're farming (you)s.

Redemption arc would be him releasing the next GOTY out of the blue, which is never going to happen in a million years.

kek

Attached: nms.jpg (669x473, 107K)

after years of updates No Man´s Sky still isn´t in anyway what they promised with the trailers.
You still can´t remake any of the trailers or "gameplay" segments that they showed nor are the grahics anyway near as good in the final game

and yet the game is still completely trash. you cannot fix a bad game

>t. sean murray
he was lying about multiplayer like two months before launch and then never corrected it.

that's malicious.
you're either implying he's ludicrously incompetent or that he was lying his faggot ass off which is it?

he is both, tbqh

Are we now spinning the blatant lies and complete lack of anything resembling a game from NMS as some osrt of unprovoked fan backlash? I'm not going to read that article, but can someone tell me how many times the term "alt-right" appears in it?

I remember back at release there were plenty of people using the E word, or this angle of 'They never PROMISED that stuff, you were stupid to assume it'd be in the game'

I bought the game a couple months after launch to see if it was really as bad as everyone said and because it was on a heavy discount. It was. I gave it a second shot after NEXT because they put a lot more content into the game and rebalanced everything. They actually made the game more filled with grind thanks to all the updates.

The core gameplay loop is still the exact same, and they have done nothing really to make the game more fun. The major problem here is that as soon as you launch off of the first planet, the very first moment you do that, the game loses all its enjoyment because you've literally seen everything the game has to offer right there and you've seen what the next X amount of hours ahead of you amounts to. All the biomes still feel the same from launch they just have better animal randomization, except now there's random planets that have one living creature on them and have weird stuff you can loot to plop down at your base. You still have the same tier of everything so you still have small plants, medium rocks, large rocks, large trees, and resource plants you go to to excavate necessary stuff from except now you have to carry even more stuff than at launch just to survive.

They made it even more annoying to get a good mining laser, the highest tier ships are much easier to get thanks to the portal system but the problem is they cost an arm and a leg, the frigate system is completely useless, the exocraft system is completely useless because sprint melee jumping is the fastest form of movement and the spawners cost way too much to even build, base materials are obscenely expensive, the Terrain Manipulator chugs through Ferrite like it's nothing, and to put it bluntly there's just nothing to do.
If you like grinding and exploring space for screenshots the game is fine, if you actually want to have a fun time this is far from it by a landslide.

Attached: No Man's Sky_20190113103026.jpg (1920x1080, 876K)

That just falls under standard PR bullshit that nobody believes though.

is he supposed to be underwater?

He's wrong, though. Developers NEED to communicate with their players. Everyone assumed NMS was dead in the water and devs ran away with the money, and in 90% cases they would've been right. It just so happened Hello Games were actually working on fixing their game in the background.

Yes, that's what underwater looks like on certain planets. Sometimes it looks like this.

Attached: No Man's Sky_20190119213553.jpg (1920x1080, 668K)

Big-name devs might be willing to talk AT their players, but certainly never TO them. Then they'd have to answer the obvious questions about their bullshit practices

does anyone remember how Sean and the Hello Games account went completely silent for over 4 months after launch? yeah, that didn't go very well for them.

That article is so fucked

"Polarising launch" as if there were any defence to that disaster of a game launch.

>lie and released unfinished product
>fuck up
>stay quiet for months
>come back with scraps as sorry
Yeah, just do that, Todd, you already nailed the first two.

>person 1: Woke up the other day, went out to mailbox to get my mail, someone had taken a huge fucking shit in it
>person 2: What the fuck? Gross!
>Sean Murray: How can you think it gross, it didn't happen to you?

>game is so insultingly bad, opinions of it transcended the userbase into the general population
I mean, there's always two ways to look at a statistic.

literally no point in going underwater

Hardly any minerals, no uranium and most planets don't have aquatic life...and if they do they are all just 'eels'

hes incompetent. Look at molyneux. He promised multiplayer for fable "just plug in another controller and you can play together" which was something he made up on the spot a few months before releasing fable. Sean is pretty much the same. The guy asked him 50 questions, and every time you could see him weigh "hey can we put this in before release, i dont want to disappoint him, yeah landing on astroids should be doable" and then say yes.

Don't forget all the materials besides the eyeballs (Which are used for next to nothing) can either be bought for dirt cheap or found on land.

They're completely right. The best way to deal with criticism in today's market is just to not say jack shit, and eventually people will start siding with you and calling all the angry customers "entitled" and "toxic".
A PR department is unironically pointless now because people who identify themselves with the company that they purchase their shit from ARE your PR department.

Attached: bad.png (288x307, 21K)

>A PR department is unironically pointless
no, they're needed to jumpstart the "calling critics of the game toxic" phase

>Release game with 1/4th the crap you promised
>Criticized until they ended up adding all the shit that was original suppose to be in the game
Blaming the customer for the developer's false advertising is ridiculous and they deserved ever bit of criticism for it.

>Bethesda: We won't add pay to win mechanics.
>Bethesda: We're nerfing perks and selling you items that boost your character in the cash shop

Yup, totally not breaking any promises or acting malicious.

Speaking from experience, I guess.

90% of statistics on the internet are made-up.

I remember asking people what the game was about before it launched. What do you even do in No Man's Sky?
>if you don't know then you've been living under a rock *smug chuckle*
That was a great shitshow to watch.

there is still no answer to that question.

It was once of the biggest cases of people falling for the hype I have ever seen. It was impossible to have a conversation because those that bought into it didn't know what you did either but their mental gymnastics made them screech about how amazing it was going to be.
That GameTrailer video of the guy losing his mind because every question he has is answered with "infinite possibilities" is a perfect example.

i can feel the smell of onions and onions from my screen

I remember the NMS wiki had an entire page dedicated to answering "but what do you do" in the months before launch. I read it, and it immediately killed the beginnings of hype I'd been feeling. Because it was honest. It told you exactly what you could do in NMS. That incredibly boring core gameplay loop? It was all there. And that's why I didn't buy the game.

"you explore to find stuff to mine so you can explore some more" isn't really an enticing concept, I'll grant you that.

Exactly. It was basically "the devs have said you will be able to explore planets and mine them for materials to upgrade your ship" and that just sounded so fucking dull. "You will be able to mine many materials!" lmao.

I know its a joke but I believed that this might be the case.

Sean is fucking retarded.

Staying quiet is what destroyed Anthem and Fallout 76, both did exactly that and player counts just fucking died in months as no announcement of new content were ever made and the one promised was deleyed.
This retarded fucks thinks MMOs can stay afloat for a year waiting for conetnt with not even a word form the dev?
His shitty fucking game isnt a multiplayer game, so people can buy it any time and play.
But once a MMO dies there is no coming back, you need other fucking players.

Please stop making such bad posts with my wife.

Attached: __funami_yui_yuru_yuri_drawn_by_bafarin__9f2a1283a73d5eb827d3261a3d80099d.jpg (918x1323, 166K)

So outdated. The modern approach is to spite on your customers while calling them entitled nazis.

And here I was thinking they added jetpacks

I was hoping that it'd have monster vs monster battles already so you can capture creatures, build a coliseum and let people bet on fights.

People were crying about multiplayer because Sean constatnly lied about it being in the game

It's most definitely better now, but still seems a bit shallow, and dead. All space stations look exactly the same from what I can see, same with the buildings and only 3 models for npcs...

You fly to the centre of the galaxy exploring planets and gathering resources on the way. How is it a hard question to answer?

Sean kept fucking lying about multiplayer after the game was released though.

Sean is unironically very dev

Just let the journos conveniently forget you actually, literally scammed people

hes definitely an expert at releasing shit games

he made a bunch of games before nms you idiot

It was 3 and mobile games don't count