Kek, zoomers dont even know what a manual is

Kek, zoomers dont even know what a manual is.

Attached: mzMidijk.jpg (1200x1661, 438K)

is that text even legible behind some of the plastic?
also zoomers don't know how to read, let alone read a manual

We know how to read you cocksucking faggot

Go ahead, call your mum back in to read this sentence to you and type out a response after she serves up your tendies and empties your piss jug.

>tfw your combat is so boring u need a pause button to stop and read a maneul

third person action adventures is the future loomers

I remember reading game manuals all the time in the GBC-Gamecube era
what are you talking about OP you stupid faggot

>being this assblasted
keep being mad illiterate zoomzoom

Attached: 1556201849627.jpg (331x319, 97K)

>he doesn't know about reading the manual in the back seat of the car on the way home from the game store with his mom at 9 years old

I think people are supposed to take them out of the plastic user.

Jesus, I got carsick so many times doing this I basically became immune to it. In retrospect, an advantage as I now spend a significant amount of time at sea. Not worth it at the time.

A game manual and a single page for the controls and an ad for some gamecube website are two different things, retard

name one GCN game without a full manual

Believe it or not there's different levels of knowing how to read. Just because you can sound out the words doesn't mean you can navigate a table of contents, or find an index, or simply have the patience to sit and read and ABSORB what you read. And that's all before taking critical thinking or even curiosity into account.

Attached: 20171211_183736.jpg (495x384, 70K)

zoomers will never know this. shame.

I found Dragon Warrior 7 and Ogre Battle for playstation at a Goodwill and my Mom bought both. I read both manuals on the way home; learned all about the magic in DW7. Ogre battle even came with stickers. I remember that like it was yesterday.

Shut the fuck up, nerd.

>buy a strategy guide
>next patch invalidates half of the info inside.

Gotcha.

Attached: G6RXw0.gif (480x270, 644K)

Every cdproject Game has a thick manuel

>They'll never know

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x225, 19K)

I don't even care if I get a big ass manual, at least give me a booklet with the characters' backstories in it. I miss those

The text behind the cover is just legal bullshit anyway

Ugly

>that first book
I actually owned that one, a looooong time ago. Never knew what really happened to it though, probably got lost moving and is stuck in a box somewhere.

I really hate that games don’t include manuals anymore. I buy physical when possible but hardly ever get manuals included. On top of that, lots of games don’t even include reverse cover art inside the case. Really disappointing.

>you can get new games for $20 instead of $50 now
What is causality, Alex?

Maybe in your third world shithole. Here they're still $60.

Kek, zoomers dont even know what a post hoc ergo proctor hoc is.

Jerking off over game manuals is like making fun of people that Google definitions instead of owning a giant dictionary and spending 5 minutes to flip through all the pages.
It's op. Digital only future when?

Do zoomers actually do this? That's so fucking lazy and entitled. I'm surprised you can even read these words.

Don't be retarded on purpose. There are no digital manuals either nigger.

I miss supplementary material, but I swear there's no easy way to implement it in a digital release. The extra material lended itself to letting yourself engage with a game, instead of just sitting down and waiting for it to entertain you.

How would other anons implement this? An ingame codex, Mass Effect style? Just pdfs downloaded with the game? Main menu-accessible unlockables?

Manuals are a thing of the past, unless your game is an RPG.
Modern games nowadays have in-game manuals or tutorials on the fly, which can be usually turned off when you're already familiar with the game.

BG2 only had a manual because DnD. CoD don't have to have a manual.

Call of Duty 1 had a nice 50-page manual, though, it went above and beyond and went into the history of the weapons used ingame.

Even Doom's manual was fun.

Attached: doom manual.png (490x353, 212K)

Zoomers will never know opening a brand new game manual and sniffing the pages

They dont even know what gender they are. maybe they should start making manuals for that.

>the boxes still have clips for manuals
At this point they should just ditch those and save half a cent on manufacturing.

I doubt most are even capable of reading it.

It would probably cost more to change their manufacturing process, plus I get their feeling that literally every DVD/blu-ray manufacturer gets their cases from the same 2 or 3 bulk suppliers.

>Oh boy! I can't wait to read through an entire college-level textbook just to play this game I just bought!

I was there. It fucking sucked.
You know what happened? Nobody read it. So you'd be playing the game, you'd get stuck, and you'd look at the five pound brick next to you and sigh, knowing that the answer to your problem was somewhere within that tome, and you're going to have to spend the next fifteen minutes of your precious game time looking it up. Meanwhile, your dad had stuff to do on the computer, so you only had half an hour left!
Shit sucked.

And I'm not gonna be all "Oh games do it so much better now!" because they don't, they've taken it too far in the other direction. Shit's the exact opposite kind of retarded now.

But instruction manuals thicker than my dick were shit, and anyone who thinks otherwise, clearly wasn't fucking there.

empty content for empty minds
only money matters now

>(nearly) monster
It's not a monster?

It's a motherfucker on legs.

It can't be a monster because it's invisible.

>reading Prima strategy guides for the game you just bought (and will cheat in with your GameShark) in the car
Comfy af

>it’s zoomers pretends to be boomer thread
No thanks

Why are you pretending that zoomers are illiterate, disabled neets?

Zoomers grew up with the 6th gen.

>actual boomers post here

Attached: qKcIQke_d.jpg (616x732, 87K)

do zoomers into cursive writing?

retarded image, why the fuck would a shooter even have a manual

why don't you compare it to duke nukem 3d's nonexistent manual

But the memory of books is existent. Just niche.

Attached: image.jpg (1024x576, 180K)

>soulless valley

background book titles are kino

No more secret codes (unless you count Battlefield's Easter Eggs) only movie games. What happened?

>none of the codes for the games you own actually worked

Attached: 1549791778028.jpg (200x229, 22K)

you got raped, mine all worked

Do games nowadays even come with cheats? Are there cheats for GTA5 that you can use without a trainer?

Not having physical manuals has probably hindered my enjoyment of a bunch of games. It seems like such a small thing, but there's just something that feels empty and wrong about looking at a PDF manual instead having an actual book in your hands.

games are so dumbed down and simple / easy to playh through there is no need for specific cheats being added in the game
also game dev teams are 500-1000 people now so there's no in-jokes because they would get fired

But you can just put fun dumb shit in there. Big Head Mode, Low Gravity, and shit like that was part of the fun. Now when you see shit like that it's either behind a pay wall or so rare that I ask myself where did it all go.

An real life game manual

Genders:

So , what is inside your underwear , is it a meat stick or is it a hole

There are 2 genders

Male: If you answared "a meat stick" it means that the RNG gods have decided that you will be a male

Female: If you answared "a hole" it means that the RNG gods have decided that you will be a female

Anything else: Kill yourself

Because now they realised thy can make money off of these and called them

DLCs

>LATIN, WISE
Of course there are other factors, but let's not for a minute pretend that things haven't gotten better in other respects. Paying 60 usd for 1,024kb worth of game didn't last forever.

Attached: DmTBnKeX0AMCKb3.jpg (512x408, 45K)

sup

Attached: witcher-3-standard-edition.jpg (822x455, 260K)

(sorry , couldnt contain my self)

I'm so glad I stopped buying games and now pirate as much as I can. Back in game cube and DS times all games came with at least 2 pamphlets and a relatively thicc manual, during most of the ps3 lifespan games came only with a manual but at least it was a thicc one, the last few years of ps3 life span games came with nothing but a thin pamphlet.

Attached: 1533155861165.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

I miss those things so much...now everything is digital. Fuck this gay planet.

No one actually read al that shit anyway.

I have my copy of Kotor over on my shelf, I never at any point read the manual.

They quality of the cases have really taken a shit too. I thought it couldn't get any worse than Xbox 360s "eco friendly" cases but I was wrong. You get 5 solid opens before your putting that shit in a cd binder.

>panicking when the CD key in the case is nowhere to be found
>it's on the last place you would look, under the CDs

>Call of Duty 1 had a nice 50-page manual, though, it went above and beyond and went into the history of the weapons used ingame.

That's nice, but I bet it's because having manuals were kind of expected back then so they probably just added whatever little facts and bits of niceties they could add in.

20 y/o zoomer here
a lot of us have boomer older brothers that got us into gaming, although I don't really think of my brother as an annoying manchild that brags about being old like the grandpas here on Yea Forums

are all boomers this fucking stupid or you guys just haven't had any social interaction in awhile?

Boomers on Yea Forums are lonely and autistic.
Normal boomers irl are cool

>paying for perishable media

what retard doesn't just hack their consoles and download the games?

All that stuff for a shitty game. What a waste.

It's when you drive with the stick.

>doesn't contribute to the industry
>still complains about it

What's a good game? What should I be playing?

Whatever the hell you want, stardew walley is a shitty game for a shitton of reasons. A pathetic try to port harvest moon to pc and wrecked hard.

boomers need novel length manuals cause they ain't naturals

Attached: yeet2.jpg (617x768, 66K)

So when pressed you have nothing and offer no arguements?

Why is this always the case?

Jesus christ im gonna have to explain to you why the sky is blue or why water is wet? Just search in the fucking archive one thread and you will find your answers.
tldr: it changed a shitton of stuff during development, shit is qualittively and quantitatively lesser than other big names of the genre, graphic is a bit shitty but thats just my account.

So again you have nothing.

I fucking hate you mutts cant even read anymore, whatever.

Do Nintendo games still have good manuals?