You are part of the problem, not the solution

You are part of the problem, not the solution.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-14 Poll of the Day - How do you feel when online game companies ban player accoun (1160x577, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/2153368716645842?journalCode=raja
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruneyard_Shopping_Center_v._Robins
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Understand that retards that respond to gamefaqs polls do not represent most people that play games.

Only YOU can prevent forest fires.

Imagine opposing the idea of free speech and thinking they're on the right side of history

>bawwww saying nigger is free speech and whoever doesn't want me to do it is a freedom-hating commie bawwwww
Whiny bitches, all of you.

Yeah what a fucking nigger

there is no "w" in a crying or whining sound. "bawwwwwww" is not how people whine or cry. you might be thinking of "Aaaaahhhh!" or "Waaaahhhhh" which does contain a W, but "bawwwwwww" is not a sound which humans produce when upset or angered.

Why in the actual fuck would anyone even use voice chat in modern day?

Everyone is an asshole. You can get banned for saying literally anything if enough people report you.

Yeah okay negro

Everything is free speech. That's why it's called free. It's free from limitations and censorship. That's the point. You need to take the bad with the good, because suppressing the bad doesn't make it go away. Suppressing it makes it fester because changing how people talk doesn't change how they feel. The only way to change how they feel is to allow open discourse which needs free speech in order to function.

Why would I want to tolerate intolerance?

>boohoo cant say the niggy wiggies
Oof

I bash trannies heads in with baseball bats

You can't pretend to be holier than thou if you're not acting holier than thou. That's the cost of righteousness. You need to shoulder the burden of being treated like shit if you expect your sanctimony to be taken seriously.

I'm somewhere between option 3 and 4 (going down.) A person shouldn't be banned because they said some mean things and hurt someone feefees. However, if after being blocked that person still goes out of their way to actively harass the one that blocked them (such as using other characters and/or accounts to actively attack or spam said person) yeah, ban their autistic ass.

You're dodging the question.

>bawww that's now how people sound like abloo bloo bloo
Didn't know we still get refugees here. What site did you come from, newfren?

newfag

just block the alt account retard

I'll be more direct. Being intolerant while condemning others for being intolerant makes you a hypocrite and undermines the foundation for your system of belief. If you are advocating that the rights of people you disagree with be taken away then you should also advocate that your own rights be taken away. Anything less means you are wrong by default since you are expecting of people what you yourself fail to live up to.

So you won't be a fucking bitch nigger faggot.

>buy game
>agree to meme agreement at the beginning
>break rules in agreement
You can be a faggot and the government can't do anything to stop it, but bideo james companies can remove you whenever they feel like it.
I mean this shithole has similar rules and none of you dumb mutts cry freezed peach.
Also, I'm still waiting for Blizzard to hit me with a warning for talking shit in their games. I told a dude that my cock was down his throat last night. I've talked shit for years on overwatch and nothing has happened to me. What the fuck are you retards even blurting out?

Attached: 1533744516315.png (375x375, 98K)

Protip: Any heavily moderated website will be full of soilent feminist multicultural judeo-bolshevik opinions.

I don't want to tolerate your mental retardation but I also don't want you to be forcefully stopped from displaying your retardation online

fuck freeze peach

Tolerating intolerance leads to the annihilation of tolerance, retard. Not every is black and white.

>newfag for calling out shitty outrage trannies
based

Leave, faggot.

Actually getting punished in line with the ToS is always completely random because of report rates, subjectivity of offense and so on. But the freeze peach crowd is only interested in the black and white in the matter, the terms themselves

dilate.

>doesn't know what the fuck "bawww" is when it's been in Yea Forums's lexicon for over a decade
>i-i'm not a newfag i swear

Go back to whatever shithole you crawled out from.

>there is no "w" in a crying or whining sound. "bawwwwwww" is not how people whine or cry. you might be thinking of "Aaaaahhhh!" or "Waaaahhhhh" which does contain a W, but "bawwwwwww" is not a sound which humans produce when upset or angered.
>calling out
Raise your banter skills before you post here, newfren. Maybe lurk for a few years or so.

Freedom of speech is an outdated idea that shouldn't have been given to people in the first place. People should only be allowed to say just anything or talk about certain things.

>People should

My bad, I meant to say shouldn't.

People shouldn't be allowed to just say anything they wan't.

The people who scream obscenities online to get a rise out of people believe the same thing you apparently do just from a different perspective. They are being intolerant of your tolerance to what they believe if offensive. It is a flawed system of belief to expect anything to change when nobody is willing to accept responsibility for open communication. When both sides refuse to engage and just want the other side to shut up nothing is ever going to be different.

Is that clear? Those who feel morally superior have the responsibility to protect the rights of those they condemn because even if they disagree with what these people are saying they know that silencing them would be a completely different and equally unforgivable offense.

It's committing a crime with the justification that a different crime was being committed. It's still a crime. And in this context censorship of someone's ability to express themselves is not something you would tolerate if it were done to you, so why would you expect people to tolerate it when it's done to them by you?

Because intolerating intolerance is intolerant...?

Consider suicide OP.

i thought gamefaqs shut down a while back. mandolin effect?

>wan't
i see the tranny supplements are degrading your ability to type English

Attached: 1540882422515.jpg (500x500, 157K)

Fucking this. Into the gulags, comrades.

Then I'll go kicking and screaming into the dark night, reminding the next generation of all the freedom we once had before automated 50/50 forced w/l matchmaking forcing strangers to fight eachother in a competitive game yet crippling for simply saying GG at the end permanently stealing $60 from their person

The death of private, player hosted servers players of all types and flavors could self segregate into was the domestication of the consumer to drier pastures that were expected to host more cattle

Attached: D U T C H.jpg (677x677, 121K)

because you aren't a figure of authority and hold zero power

You mean Magnolia Effect

rights aren't given

Attached: 1493264683147.png (860x684, 169K)

Attached: free_speech.png (566x577, 52K)

I unironically think that people do need to spend some time in a facility for their bad behavior.

>polling gamefaqs faggots and being surprised the result is faggotry
I'm just amazed there were 285 people with common sense

>free speech
>good
I bet you like democracy too

Look if I still wanted to see GameFAQs shit I'd keep going to that utter shithole of a site.

so what's the point of having it if literally everyone and everything that isn't the government can suppress us

These are the people that confuse the right to free speech that the government guarantees and the concept of free speech that inspired the right in the first place.

Oh fuck you faggot.

Yeah, and let the other faggot be banned too. They clearly aren't there to actually play the game.

Attached: dick.png (500x535, 215K)

i like the idea of democracy, it's a shame true democracy has never been tried

>you guys are the whiny bitches because I can't handle getting called names online, so I whine not just to my friends and parents about it, but my tranny discord server and the developers too.

user, I...like...can't you see that you're the one whining here?

Attached: 119nq1h.jpg (201x216, 6K)

Not tolerating it makes you intolerant holy shit are you actually this dumb? Making it where someone can't say niggerfaggot when you're around doesn't change the fact that they're willing to say niggerfaggot. You're simply making your "enemies" invisible. Why would anyone want this?

I'm always kinda conflicted about this. On one hand i think free speech should be allowed but on the other hand banning underage kids from the games i play is nice too.

These arent smart people. They're people whose interactions consist entirely of social media and whose culture consists entirely of pop culture.

>goes to jail for criticizing the government
be careful what you wish for bro. "hate speech" is a necessary evil.

Does the word nigger advocate for, or incite violence against people? No? That's what i thought you fucking nigger, it's free speech

Bait, but this still honestly upsets me years later. Imagine conflating one of the highest actual liberal ideals with a mere amendment in a new country in the scheme of things, and further defending the deplatforming and ostracization of competing ideas rather than confronting them on an open ground of free ideas

XKCD should have stuck to writing depressive comics about his ex-girlfriends rather than ever trying to express a nuanced opinion or a generic SCIENCE FUCK YEAH for brainlets to latch onto like they ever really cared about the field

Attached: 1532049099719.jpg (1024x1024, 456K)

Just posting to say that freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences of said speech.

There's nothing wrong with banning a player from playing online if they do something wrong. The problem is banning people from the game entirely. If you're ever banned from online, you should always be able to play with bots or friends. To say otherwise is a huge limitation on player freedom.

That being said, I'd prefer a system where players are able to make their own servers, and impose their own rules from there. If you don't like the rules on one server, then go to another one instead. Relying on a central server isn't necessarily the best course of action, cuz one that server shuts down, then NOBODY'S gonna be playing online.

Attached: 1556840254439.jpg (630x467, 44K)

>criticize how equality in the workplace just means women get put in charge for every decision a male dev makes

>get sent home for speaking the truth

If you feel disturbed by what people you don't know and will never know say to you over the internet, you shouldn't be on the internet

And if you're the one intentionally enforcing consequences of someone else's speech you are attempting to take that freedom away. That's the problem. You're trying to make it not free. You're trying to make it so that when people you disagree with express themselves it costs them something and makes them reluctant to speak again. Your 1-degree removed rationale doesn't hold water. You're spitting on the concept of free speech. You would not feel like you had free speech if every time you spoke someone punched you in the fucking face or shot your family.

sure but consequences aren't doled out equally. You can talk as much shit as you want about certain things and not about others. Which means your take is inherently flawed. You have to quite seriously ban EVERY "mean" thing ever said and there is a boundless fount of "mean" things and different people find different things to be "mean" so it just never fucking ends.

It's a lot easier to just grow a fucking spine

Attached: 1356854813949.png (417x250, 222K)

Neither do you, faggot.

There's some sense to this, but it's conflated too poorly in modern context. Saying a disagreeable statement for public figures(everyone in the social media era) is grounds for justifiable grounds for immediate public violence, their employment forever stripped, their family name besmirched to any and all living relatives, and more according to the amount of ire drawn.

Imagine actually claiming to be for the free discussion of ideas but also reserving the right to cudgel in the head of any who disagree with your ideological arguments

Attached: 1552322279951.jpg (604x610, 85K)

Why not ban people who can't handle the bants?

>criticize equality at the work place
>at the fucking work place
if some idiot starts going off on a political rant in my work place they get told too knock it the fuck off or go home, permanently.

I'm not parading my opinion on the fucking Internet and pretending it means something, faggot, so trying to criticize me for doing that is irrelevant.

I'm probably going to damage that other guy's argument by responding to you, but not only do I not see how someone saying "nigger" is intolerant, but I don't even see a rational argument for holding tolerance as a moral good. You're being intolerant towards someone and don't have a problem with it. The reason is because you have some ideology, which in this case is either humanism or coddling the oversensitive, which those people threaten. So really you only believe in tolerance when it suits you. To me, the only intolerance here is coming from you. If someone annoys me in TF2, I mute them. Why would I want their game to be taken away just because they're annoying? They have a right to be annoying, and I have a right to ignore them. I feel like you're a woman trying to mom the world of men and the literature on that is pretty black and white: it leads to societal collapse and people cannibalizing others to stay alive.

alright alright lets stop beating around the bush

all this shit is just one step away from thought policing. There is just no getting around it.

Attached: kermitthefrogkermit.jpg (300x400, 28K)

Bring back community servers

This is how I feel, except not about freedom of speech. I feel this way about every change in America in the past 60 years. They were all bad ideas and the evidence has gotten too hard to hide.

Free speech can't exist when we actively look to suppress people that have fringe minority views. You don't have to engage with them but silencing not only leaves the door open to normalizing the behavior towards more mainstream but still contentious views and creates a persecution complex that only feeds into fucked viewpoints and entrenchs them further starting a path to radicalization.

Ban cheaters, not people shouting “nigger”

Attached: download (14).jpg (270x187, 6K)

Honestly would solve everything.

>if we let government ban lootboxes, then they'll ban everythign else! the slippery slope is real! muh evil fascists!
>don't be silly, letting corporations control free speech won't result in major censorship based on biased viewpoints, the slippery slope doesn't exist

Attached: 57-578069_rich-thinking-emoji-thinking-face-emoji-png-clipart.png (649x696, 478K)

>Support desegregation
>Get lynched

But those niggers had it coming right? I mean they their free speech but also it's consequences.

wow your opinion on that got edgier and flipped.

Democracy and freedom of speech allows SJWs to reset empires. Every empire in history has fallen because they introduced at least some form of freedom that allowed idiots to speak their opinions which in turn enabled loud SJWs to say "Um sweety the horde of Germanics/Mongolians/Jews/Muslims/Christians/Blacks/Terrorists trying to destroy our way of life aren't the problem, YOU are the problem :)" which caused other idiots to believe them, and since the population of humanity is objectively low intelligence, the stupid outnumbered the moderately intelligent every single time in HISTORY regardless of country.

I'm loving all of this controversy because
1. I don't play games online so there's no chance of me being banned for hate speech and
2. I don't play games with any sort of microtransactions in them

No matter what happens either everything will remain the same or games I happen to play will get marginally better. No skin off my back.

Attached: 1469996482870.png (240x240, 24K)

and said consequences should strip you of any ability to obtain a job, start a family, and have a satisfactory life, damn straight nigga

It can't happen soon enough. Lefties must be purged

And that's a good thing

>Tolerating intolerance leads to the annihilation of tolerance
Imagine actually believing this. Your censorious efforts have had the opposite of the intended effect. All you had to do was let intolerant retards keep spouting their bullshit unmolested, maybe point and laugh at them every now and then. Instead, you chose to try and keep them down, and gave them a victim complex, and even decided to try and push down totally harmless people just trying to have fun, giving them bedfellows and sympathizers. The only thing being intolerant of intolerance has done is bring about more intolerance. I've watched it play out for about the last decade and a half.

Also gotta love your assumption that you'll always be in a position to enforce your brand of "morally justified" intolerance. As if the wills of governments or people won't change at the drop of a hat. You'll be on the receiving end of censorship one day, too. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday sooner or later, and you'll feel like utter dogshit for it. And the worst part is you'll probably still fail to understand that censorship as a concept itself is evil, and you will have learned fucking NOTHING.

Attached: 1551992062916.jpg (500x383, 46K)

maybe modern society should try to have a better educational system than past failed states, that way it wont collapse under stupidity

part of the appeal of hosting your own server is doing what you want

play on community servers, host your own if you want
do not play games that do not support community servers - ever

You don't know what free speech is. Private establishments, digital or otherwise, have every right to toss you out on your ass for being a raging looney toon with Tourette's who drives away the other customers.

So if I invite you to come into my house, and you start slandering me and breaking shit, if I kick you out I'm suppressing your free speech?

You all better just appreciate what we have now before Minority Report becomes a reality. Then you'll be pinning for the old days.

holy fuck you are stupid.

>breaking shit
Must have really powerful vocal chords.

Using thought policing, wrongthink, etc bring out the worst idiots though, anons forced into reading 1984/Fahrenheit 451 in high school and thinking they have an actual nuanced opinion on censorship a the self imposed/Govt/economic level.

This I mostly agree with, and is a goddamn freefall for people at risk. /pol/lacks, lefty /pol/, whatever elements you want to damn, an honest conversation without consequences would do a large amount to dissuade them from the current pressures going on today and doing stupid shit irl like LARPing as rebels/patriot media stooges

Attached: 25ec44d5ecbc9c51026ea3b2b88e8ba1e6c5c4b7f0099ff0ae6192a2a727b60a_1.jpg (320x126, 9K)

cool pop culture media reference i love the references that i have been told about by the media i consumed

>he actually believe TOS have legal value
every single illegal line make the whole contract void, and to these days, no company has ever published a legal TOS because there's always a bullshit clause

Sure, just as soon as they give me a refund since they're deciding to rescind the goods they sold me from my possession and also keep my money. Anything other than that is theft.

I am genuinely curious as to how you will act and what you will think when it is the words you speak that will become punishable. People like you dont just think about the future or just beyond yourself, I honestly question if you think at all.

Attached: 1562559981778.jpg (638x337, 22K)

Yes, as we all know, censoring REALLY means hiding boobs in a porn video game.We can't let people think censoring historically referred to intelligent ideas or something crazy like that.

you already said this line on another post

Don't play dumb, you knows what was meant. Point is, if you're a nuisance, you're getting removed.

Oh yeah, which one?

Free speech doesn't something that's exclusively owned by the government. Not everything is defined by the US Constitution. Businesses can violate the idea of free speech.

Spoken like a true authoritarian.

And if you're attempting to control other people so that their voices cannot be heard you are suppressing their free speech. You might feel completely, and reasonably, justified in doing so because the consequences aren't huge in this context, but it doesn't change the definition of what you're actually doing.

>a website who doesn't allow for swear words has a user base who is swearing in video games.

Imagine my shock

Wouldn't happen to someone who obeys the (((rules))).

People right now who are supportive of cracking down on "hate speech" are nothing but cowards who will bend over to whoever tells them what to think and what is bad to say. They will follow the new rules no matter what it is.

You are the dumbass who had to add breaking your belongings to your weak ass argument because you know you don't have one.

People who say nigger in online games are—dare I say it—the niggers of online games.

You've been able to openly swear on gamefaqs for years user

Attached: IMG_20190713_233607.jpg (1070x235, 45K)

Because you can create your own big boi club with people who like what you have to say and screech at each other autistically you cave troll nigger faggot

hive minds think alike

I'm going to call strangers who kill me in a video game niggers and you can't stop me.

>m-muh Tifa tits....
Cope, seethe, dilate, do whatever it takes your brain to grow out of a gutter attached to immediate events

Conflating censorship with only "high" ideas, defined by you surely as the judge of all things socially and morally relevant, surely will lead to an age where developers enjoying developing global editions of their software that conform to American sexual standards, Japanese/German violence standards, and Australian drug standards where even using a stimpack in Fallout is borderline taboo.

Attached: 05E72CC6-06F4-4805-9004-F4223066EED5.png (2552x3000, 2.12M)

You're just ignoring it. Can you go to your neighbors house and say/do literally anything you want? Can you do that in a store, or a restaurant, or other public places not your own? Obviously the answer is no unless given permission, otherwise there are consequences.

They are rude kids and they deserve to get a timeout.

I wouldn't want to anyway. Fuck the law and burn the dykes my friend.

Attached: 1562859083598.jpg (489x499, 27K)

This but

>hive mind
Sounds a lot like those who laugh at the concept of free speech because they dont understand.

Stores and Restaurants are private property open to the public. You don't know what a public space is.

You're missing the point. Those consequences you're referring to are violating the concept of free speech; it's just a socially acceptable level of a violation in most cases. But when this sort of violation becomes a de facto enforceable policy it starts to snowball as more and more people become subject to it and it's no longer socially acceptable.

You're trying to minimize this by making the example intentionally small and easily dismissed when the problem we're discussing is when it's done en masse and it's a problem specifically because it's being done en masse.

I don't play games, nearly nobody here does. We just shitpost.

>MUH SPACE
Reminder majority of video games are p2p, not hosted on some corporate server. I give everyone connected to me permission to say nigger, but you can't be gay.

inb4 people nitpick the slippery slope argument

>speak only how we like or get punished!
>btw you're the hivemind
Lol

Just like the servers owned by the game companies you play on and get banned from for breaking their rules.

Democracy is fine as long as you have an educated voter base. The problem is everyone idea of "educated" is different.

Most games are p2p cuckboy.

If you read carefully it's not invoking a slippery slope line of logic. It's describing that when it's treated on a large scale as it would be on a small scale the system becomes less efficient and less accurate. It's not saying that it can't be done well in large scales; just that the implementation of it in large scales in video game communities tend to be absolute dogshit because they put almost no resources into overseeing it. They make as much of it automated as possible, and hire heavy handed people to handle an extreme workload of cases that inevitably mean people are going to end up unjustly punished for minor issues.

Democracy is fine when a country is homogeneous and women can't vote.

Nice Video Game thread btw. I'm sure some of you are mods too.

except for rome

You forget the US started out that way , but slowly and surely we got to where we are.

Most people don't care enough to respond to polls even when they're aware of them.

At what point would it be ok to (temp)ban a person for vitriol in the chat?

How can someone so smart confuse the concept of freedom of speech, which is universal, with a law.

When they're being a faggot.

>let women vote
>expensive military expansions
>mass immigration
This is what ruined Rome. Sound familiar?

Never. Give everyone the tools to censor what they themselves see; not censor what people say.

Unfortunately, usually the people saying that won't actually agree that EVERYONE has that right for EVERY statement.
Alt-Right, Centrists and Lefties will only claim it for themselves, while trying to deny it for everyone opposing them.

>right side of history
It's more that the people that write history are the people that prevailed, and usually they attempt to make themselves look like being the "right side" to posterity.

Someone post the long version

How difficult is it for you to just not say nigger all the time?

my life depends on it

This
Once you see the troll's message, they've already won, so it's best to just not contact anyone online unless you initiate it

Just give players advanced ignore/mute tools so they can shape their experience. I think OW had a good system with "don't play again with this player" or something like that. Give players the tools to make their own decisions.

Why do you always assume it's someone spamming nigger? These rules are always left vague so they can ban who they please

banning you from an online service is not rescinding the goods you paid for, because you still possess the game. deal with it.

For typing shit? Never, if other players have the tools to mute them. Add a mute notification for said player and an automute for a certain period if they can't stop typing up crime statistics

For actual griefing, issue a warning or two, then matching them in a "muh toxic" player queue. If they wanna thrive in a sea of trololo underage kids, let them drown there. If they play their way out for so many games, reset and start again

Because that's always what it is. No one ever show themselves getting banned for something reasonable.

A car dealership taking your car keys away if they think you're racist wouldn't be acceptable, would it? Using this logic you still have the car you paid for. It's not their fault you can't drive it anymore. Stop being a racist and maybe it won't happen again.

Don't be a retarded prick. If rescinding access to the game makes the game unplayable then it is functionally identical to taking the game away.

Come on, people. This is not a difficult concept:

>If you're at a restaurant, and you start screaming at your server, the manager isn't going to like it and they're going to make you leave because they don't want you to scare off other customers.
>If you're visiting someone's home and you start mocking their decor, the hosts aren't going to like it and they're going to make you leave because you're being an ass.
>If you're playing a game and you're bitching out all the other players in your session, people are going to complain and the moderators are going to ban you because they don't want your shitty conduct discouraging other customers.

Your actions have consequences. If you want to call people niggers and otherwise shout at people, find a server or community that's fine with that. You cannot reasonably expect everyone playing a game to be fine with such behavior just because "muh free speech."

>I cry over words said on the internet, but you're the ones that are whiny!

ooh, toxic, say goodbye to your product cattle

>GayFags

I dislike those response options. From top to bottom:

>Opinion based on extremism and assumption
>Opinion that applies one situation to all situations
>Opinion that implies a motive/situation behind the ban
>Opinion that asserts an ultimatum
>Opinion that assumes a motive

Which I guess is fair as far as a "How do you feel" question, but when you have a poll which implies to be on a scale from most to least supportive it would only be natural for people to gravitate towards the most neutral sounding option. Especially if that option is also the most reasonable one given the limited avenues of expression among those being polled.

They should have only kept the "It's _____" sections. Coupling the opinion with a canned statement around the opinion is amateurish.

Attached: 1412024551784.jpg (392x411, 24K)

>A car dealership taking your car keys away if they think you're racist wouldn't be acceptable, would it?
Well, I mean, the cops can do that if you're not using your license to operate the car responsibly and abusing other drivers.

a car key is a thing you own. access to a server is not.
deal with it, incel.

In an ideal world with good faith arguments... Yes. It is good. Nothing more annoying than getting your PSN inbox clogged with 100 messages reeeing about your "hacks".

However, we know it's really about getting your library taken away for uttering the dredded "en word". And that's a good thing, here's why.

Equating risking the physical safety of people to subjecting people to words they don't like is why your argument is being dismissed right now.

How difficult is it for you to use the mute function?

Except this is like buying a car and calling the guy at the dealership a nigger and getting banned from the dealership.

>implying Yea Forums or this fucking board actually care about free speech
as soon as somebody said something you fuckers didn't like you would scream bloody murder

>subjecting people to words they don't like
Are you telling me I can roll down my window, call someone a nigger and the cop standing three feet away won't do anything?

You are part of the problem user. Learn to control yourself or fuck off.

Yeah I really doubt the dealership wants to lose out on $30000 because he said nigger.

The game is sold under the predication that you would thereby be given access to the server and be able to play the game. It would be fraud to sell the game without access to the server and make you eligible for a refund. Someone deciding that you should no longer be given access to the server should also make you eligible to receive a refund since what should be functional is intentionally made non-functional by the company that sold the game.

Wow that's some toxic language right there. I'll have to report you to the mods and you'll be banned!

The reason 'nigger' is a banned word is because white people can't be trusted with saying it in an innocent manner, unlike other races.
You're all potential criminals and saying -the word- will cause a social disturbance around your person. One that no one else is willing to clean up.
This the world we all built.

just mute them lmao
stop being limp wristed, soi drinking faggots

Attached: how is bullying real.png (631x872, 768K)

About as difficult as just not saying nigger.

I think a significant number of the more obnoxious posters on this board have literally no ability to view things from the perspectives of others.

What about telling someone to go fuck themselves? What about saying someone is shit at the game? It all is bannable apparently despite being perfectly fine 5 years ago and now.

That's correct. Unless it's explicit harassment or a threat of violence the police cannot arrest you. They might do what they can to convince you to calm down or stop, but you're not committing a crime by voicing your words unless it starts disturbing the peace which you will be given explicit warnings for.

>Support gay marriage
>Get road hauled to death

But it's OK because those faggots got their free speech AND the consequences of it.

Your perspective is you are a faggot who wants to control other people. Use the mute function

Did I say they didn't take the purchase? But they might not let you come back for the free follow followups.

Oh, that one is for sure. Trolling and some baiting aside, you can clearly see some are legit have zero empathy and the ability to try and put themselves in other people shoes even for a second. The autism is real

That's why ubisoft banned words like dot and Paki. It wont stop, it doesnt have to stop, they can ban anything they want

Attached: jc.jpg (207x253, 17K)

>But they might not let you come back for the free follow followups.
They can't do that dickhead, it would be in the contract the buyer signed.

Too many choices

It would have been enough with the first and the fourth answer

but how else am i going to get validation and vindication from them getting punishment?

FF14 warns/bans people for shit like that.

this is only a problem for americans and british people
I can say everything in my language

Would you like to change the example to something other than literally a car dealership? Do you have this much trouble acting like a functioning human in real life?

>my understanding of this issue is shaped entirely by people vain and stupid enough to post their bans on a chalk making forum
it's only peoole who say nigger here because everyone who gets banned for actual normal words understands that literally nothing will come of pissing in the ocean
the exception to this rule is resetera screenshots. the fact that you can lurk without an account and look at who gets banned means people that would post their own bans can now post the bans that smart people get for simply not agreeing with the vocal minority.

>board that constantly telling trannies or whatever flavor group of the month to shut the fuck up or kill themselves is trying to pretend to be tolerable and for free speech
top comedy, Yea Forums, top comedy

>It's okay for me to call masses of people whiny bitches, but if someone says nigger they're TOXIC and WRONG

I legitimately have no clue what point you're trying to make here. You are aware murder is illegal, right? Sometimes people are shitty, but that will always be true, regardless of whether mods ban people from games for screaming at other players. There is a league of difference between advocating for one's rights in a public space and screaming racial epithets at people over the internet; to the degree the two behaviors aren't even comparable. In fact, that first one is actually explicitly protected by the US bill of rights.

based

Telling retards to shut the fuck up here doesn't actually shut them the fuck up, nor does it cost them $60.

>moves goalpost because he knows nothing about doing business or any basic shit adults do
Drink your latte college kid.

I know everyone like to obsess over "slippery slope", but you need to pick your battles. When you screech and whine because you get banned over nigger, no one is going to listen when you can't even call someone else a shitty player.

Rainbow six, overwatch, rocket league if you bypass their "one curse word and your whole message us bleeped" filter

>find a server or community that's fine with that
>no private servers exist anymore
>place advertises itself as a public plaza for discourse
>NONONO NOT THAT KIND OF SPEECH AAA STOP IT
Literally what god do I need to sacrifice to get people to stop worshiping multi-billion dollar social media companies trying to drive public discourse in their favor, complete with foreign actors given free reign to undermine their host country because they bought a few ads

Attached: 1468891749122.gif (500x282, 801K)

I blame the reddit refugees. These types only started appearing in large numbers in 2015.

You have some kind of disorder or something. Try working on your reading comprehension.

and yet, "somebody" is still allowed to say it
what free speechers want is to not be completely removed from the conversation for talking contrary of a group. how does Yea Forums yelling at you contradict that?

>no private servers exist anymore
PC friends will blame consolefags, but they have themselves to blame.

>all this shit is just one step away from thought policing
one step away from legal repercussions for thinking something would be legal repercussions for saying something and this is not the case, retard.

They should just set it up so that the "good behaviour" players have their own server and the people who don't give a fuck have their own. Then also have servers for complete retards, botting children and chinese. Then the "good behaviour" players will realise half the fun of the game is banter and the "good behaviour" players will shift to the "bad behaviour" servers. Making it so that there's snowflake servers, normal servers and autism servers.

If Hiro collected $60 every time someone made an absolutely retarded post on this website, not only would this website be far better, but Hiro would be the richest man in the world.

I'm late here user, but I appreciate your reasonable response. Sorry to say it was almost definitely wasted in the person you were speaking to, however.

You decided to bring up contracts, but somehow miss that you agreed to a TOS when you started the game. You agreed when you started the game you could get banned under certain terms. If you signed a contract at the dealership saying you can't drive over 60km/h or they take the car away, you can't come bitching when they take it away.

This but you don't understand my grief
Modern Warfare 2 was the end of an era

Attached: __artoria_pendragon_and_saber_kono_subarashii_sekai_ni_shukufuku_wo_and_etc_drawn_by_fujitaka_nasu__ (1819x2208, 2.03M)

Contracts are legally binding.
TOS are not.

You really don't know a thing do you?

Has this ever actually happened in a videogame.

It's not a "slippery slope" it's an observable trend.
I've never typed or even said nigger in an online game, and I am picking my battles, this is something worth arguing over because it helps everyone and hurts no one. Mute and filters are more than enough and give the individual all the power needed to stop this. We dont need full on bans, heavy handed auto systems or hall monitors sniffing their asses at how righteous they are.

>If you signed a contract at the dealership saying you can't drive over 60km/h or they take the car away, you can't come bitching when they take it away.
Actually you can because such a contract would be thrown out in court.

Moron.

ok tyrant

This
Being jailed is a consequence

Social media? We're talking about video games, dude. Also, there are plenty of VOIP options out there you could use in place of the in-game voice chat. Many of them even come with community features. Just use those instead of in-game chat; that's what I do.

Being called a nigger is a consequence of being black.

Holy shit you're right.

Attached: 1343198061004.jpg (238x279, 8K)

Imagine unironically playing an online game lol.

>awesome and good are the same answer

Someone change the door to an electric chair

Judging by some of those scars I wouldn't be surprised if being honked at in traffic makes them self harm.

It's always the ugly white dudes that get all riled up about having the right to say the n word, why?
It's literally always an ugly white dude

why is it only videogames you faggots cry about not being able to scream nigger how come it's never about how you got fired or the shit kicked out of you for doing it in public.

oh wait i know it's because you never leave your fucking basement.

>Be North Korean citizen
>Kim Jong Un makes a PSA
>Hi everyone Kim here just to remind you you are in the free-est country in the world! You have all the freedoms you could need: you are free to run away and you are free to criticize the government! But don't forget that freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence: if you do decide to criticize the government, you will be incarcerated and tortured indefinitely!

Saying Nigger is a lot less fun when there's no risk of consequences.

Have sex, incel.

you can say it here user, no need to self censor. go on, try it. it's exhilarating.

Based and Satire pilled

Which n word

tell that to the dudes that wear MAGA hats in unis, just like the purple hair people, the maga signaling uglies are always social outcasts

Yikes sweety who hurt you

cope wagie. not only do i sit comfortably in my basement screaming nigger into my mic, i'm doing it while being paid by your very tax money. YOU are paying for MY existence. let that sink in on your daily commute tomorrow morning.

Nah they just have "good" and "bad" servers. Half the time people who get reported from wrong speak will end up with AFK players or cheaters in games like overwatch. In Dota half the best game's I've ever had were in low priority because the shitters don't take the game so seriously.

>re-construing the goal posts
Sure, lemme just give even more benefit of the doubt to a food analogy under the guise of a useful idiot, then also decide not to use ANY IN CLIENT CHAT for favor of Discord that unironically supports servers hosting pornographic images of childlike anthropomorphic humans getting raped since they're just babyfurs and not actual lolis

Attached: 7f07c1109eb457c5c4bb3f2ae579b91604a0d4484482baa87070f563edd6bb21.gif (163x163, 151K)

>video game companies are literally the same as North Korea
They're banning players that deliberately antagonize their other customers, not murdering people for asking why they haven't received their food rations for the past 2 months.

Yet they still choose to post on an anonymous forum specifically designed so that there are no negative consequences for holding minority opinions. Kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

>ToS are not legally binding

How many chromosomes do you have?

I'm not moving the goalposts, I'm illustrating my point. If you insist on behaving in a way that violates the game TOS, your options are to get banned or find alternatives. The alternatives are pretty easy to find these days. Or I guess you could complain about it on an imageboard, but that's hardly as productive.

No reason to ban them. They could just segregate them. Even assholes still pay with green money. It's a stupid business decision that just erodes good will with your customers for the sake of trying to appeal to normies; as if normies aren't buying video games because they think the chat isn't policed enough but they WOULD buy the games if everything were locked down. It's such an inelegant solution.

>I am in third grade and I don't know what an analogy is

It's not an analogy, it's a false equivalence.

no less productive than defending some gay company (for free mind you)

It works on the exact same mechanics. Cope.

If you went into someone's home and intentionally started saying things to upset them, would you be surprised when they ask you to leave? In that vein, why the fuck would you expect server owners to keep you around after spamming chat with "NIGGERNIGGERNIGGER?" You expressed your freedom of speech, and then they expressed their freedom to make you fuck off from their property.

All that aside, why were you being a faggot instead of just playing the game in the first place?

I'm pretty sure it's intentionally ridiculous to help highlight and illustrate why your logic is faulty, and instead of recognizing and acknowledging why your perspective is ill-thought out you're trying to pick apart the example that was written out specifically to help you understand something.

You are the worst kind of person to ever get into an argument with. Why this guy is still bothering with your stupid ass is beyond me.

From what I see it's often reciprocal faggotry. Usually instigated by someone mentally handicapped not understanding something basic and therefore thinking another party has slighted them in some way.

If someone charged me $60 to enter their home and then kicked me out I'd want my $60 back. These companies are not refunding people. That's why there's a problem. Nobody is complaining about being banned from free games.

I never say the n word or other racial slurs in online games, but people soiboys still get mad at me for telling them about blacks making up the highest percentage of crime despite being a small population.

They get mad at facts, not rude and tasteless bad words.

Attached: 1555019166325.png (310x315, 382K)

I absolutely agree that this would be an adequate solution. However, businesses will never go for it for 3 reasons:

1. Separate servers for "goodies" and "baddies" would mean buying and maintaining extra servers. No modern company would ever do that; modern businesses are about cutting costs above everything else.
2. Game publishers may be clueless, but even they have finally realized that splitting a game's community significantly reduces its longevity. This would impact long-term sales, which they would judge as intolerable.
3. Some fuckwit looking to make a name for themselves would inevitably label such a move as "coddling/supporting racists."

The current state of affairs is an unfortunate reality of our perception-driven era of marketing.

You took the goal post, and dived off a cliff to an early grave. Please name ANY ALTERNATIVES after receiving a ban for toxicity in modern AAA games that allow any multiplayer self sorting play you support to exist. Even saying Nibba is an immediate ban in a solo-only Terrorist Hunt bot game in Siege for reference, surely an immediate and disgusting action that negatively impacts all players though literally none in the match.

>Or I guess you could complain about it on an imageboard, but that's hardly as productive.
More productive that slurping multinational cock for free. Jesus what fucking happened to this board, we actually became le witty passive aggressive SMART redditor

Attached: 1556285338588.webm (516x273, 24K)

>If someone charged me $60 to enter their home and then kicked me out I'd want my $60 back.
What if you were told "don't say nigger" at the door? You're not entitled to your money then.

I can't wait till the Chinks turn all these soft faggots into serfs.

Okay, but the guy allowing you into his home clearly said 'don't call my wife a nigger' and you did just that.

How is comparing a game company to a murderous dictatorship in any way a coherent argument? It's such an absurd escalation of the harm done as to approach parody. If you want a more rational analogy, I think that of a Library is appropriate. You fund the library card with your taxes, but you can still get banned from the premises if you go in there and start screaming at people. However, you're still paying those taxes. Is this fair? Not really, no. However, the library's position is not unreasonable. They have a vested interest in maintaining a quiet environment.

1. Splitting the servers wouldn't increase server load. It's almost all virtualized. If the game has more than one server to begin with, setting aside people to be on some and not others is a simple matter.
2. They're already splitting the game's community by banning paying customers. Not only does this have the same effect you imply they're trying to avoid, but it comes with an extra dose of retributive malice at the hands of the banned who will continually badmouth the game at every turn out of spite.
3. This is why it's not actually being done. They're terrified of being labeled as a safe haven for alt-right opinions.

Are you saying it's not someone's own fault when they're kicked out of a place they have no sovereignty in for being a prick?
If you went into a music venue and started instigating arguments you'd be kicked out. Same for a baseball game or a nightclub with a cover charge. Do you get your money back in those situations? No, don't be dense you retard.
hurr durr my "facts" aren't offensive! you know what you're doing. take ownership of the consequences of your actions or stop being a retard.

Phillips didn't break into my house and steal my blender after I peeled off the warranty sticker.
A ToS agreement can't contradict your constitutional right to private property.

Imagine being such a soft faggot that you get offended at what strangers say on the internet. People like you need to be euthanized for the sake of the species.

It's a hyperbolic analogy you buffoon, the difference in scale exists specifically to highlight the flaw in the point you're making, by leveraging the exact same mechanic.
You really are in third grade.

No, I was just complaining about morons starting shit in games.

You're ignoring the point. In your eyes this is what should happen. People who are mean should have their money taken away from them. You never stopped to think about what you would want if you were on the receiving end of this sort of treatment. Would it be better for you to be able to get your money back if their was a misunderstanding and people took offense to something you said when you didn't mean for it to offend?

Of course that would be better. But you're not treating these situations as though you could possibly be caught up in them. Give me a valid reason why people should not be given their money back if the service they paid for is being rescinded? Don't bother answering by the way you fucking retards.

>hurr durr my "facts" aren't offensive! you know what you're doing. take ownership of the consequences of your actions or stop being a retard.

spineless coward

>Don't bother answering by the way you fucking retards.
Sure.

>what is an appeal system
Almost every modern service has one. The very website we're on has one. You know this. Quit being intentionally thick.

I'm not arguing that an instant ban is necessarily a reasonable response for all instances of rule violations, real or perceived. I'm arguing that it is an consequence of engaging in behavior that goes against the company's interests and that you have been warned against prior. It's like if a person chose to go across a crosswalk even as they saw a bus come barreling down the street and then bitching once they get hit that bus drivers will eventually lead to walking being illegal because they technically had the right of way as a pedestrian. Yeah, they'd be right, but they knew that getting hit was likely outcome when you took that action and did it anyways because they legally had the right of way.

dude just cause you're mad you suck at games doesn't mean you get the Divine right to be a drag for every lobby who has the misfortune of encountering you. It's not offensive, it's just obnoxious.

play stupid games win stupid prizes

Politics aside, if you don't think the last option is the only real option I genuinely don't think you have the mental fortitude to be considered a human being.

>People who are mean should have their money taken away from them.
What's the problem. It's not my money and I don't like this person.

An appeal system loses any value if the people you appeal to are the same ones that took issue with what you said/did to begin with. Or people being paid by them. That's sorta why we have courts of law settle issues, and not why you just argue with a business if you think they treated you wrongly.

>being a problem player
My boss is a piece of shit

People DO come to Yea Forums specifically so they can say nigger without getting banned you know? You would think there are more people here that support not getting banned for words that harm people's feelings then there are people that do want others banned for saying words they do not like.

I totally agree with all of these points, but I must say that I strongly doubt that the people making decisions in these companies actually know about or understand things like virtual server partitions.

>dude just cause you're mad you suck at games doesn't mean you get the Divine right to be a drag for every lobby who has the misfortune of encountering you. It's not offensive, it's just obnoxious.
It's not like I repeat it over and over, THAT would be obnoxious. But softies like you get all rustled over it by hearing it once.

>be server owner
>get forced to keep around people who hurt your player retention and new player rates
>this is a good thing
okay retard

It's not about people being "mean", it's about people being deliberately antagonistic morons. This isn't like someone kicking you out for having a differing opinion, it's like someone kicking you out for taking a proverbial shit on the floor.

The point is it could be you. I want you to approach the scenario as if it is you, and then defend the act of having your money taken away from you. In order to justify money being taken away from then you'd need to explain why you would be okay with it being taken away from you.

lmao I'm sure. I know your perspective is warped by being on Yea Forums but you do realize that vidja is for playing, not shitposting, right?

Rules subject to subjective interpretation are subject to abuse. Overzealous moderation is a plague.

>be server owner
>not admin abusing a loyal collective of retards that keeps your legacy going a decade later despite no one liking eachother nor there even being a server anymore due to your sheer abuse
I bet the name Gurk means nothing to you pleb

Attached: abb77e29372db1be15d2cfd7b906250a.jpg (1829x1829, 1.4M)

No, it doesn't. One ends in inconvenience, the other in death. One instigator engages in deliberately malicious behavior, the other instigator engages in expressing their opinion.

If the dude's getting banned cause he called some dude a fag as trash talk, that's stupid and R6S has already shown that a fucking chat filter that autobans is a terrible idea
But if the dude's spamming fucking NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER in chat and blasting his mic to annoy people isn't someone I want to play with and I won't feel bad if he gets banned

Attached: askyourmom.png (410x453, 208K)

It would never be me because
1. I'm not a stupid phone poster and I've been on the internet long enough to know being inflammatory gets you b&
2. Im smart enough to review terms of service
3. I try to actually play my games when I have time to turn them on.

Where did I say I was offended, because I'm not seeing it.

The solution is to mute him and have more robust options to prevent him from playing with you again. The solution is not to ban him.

Because I'm not an idiot who thinks he is above the rules, and does shit that I know will get me screwed. Seriously, you guys are like lemmings who jump off with everyone even with countless examples of what happens when you do.

>cherry picking to justify generalization
Anti-intellectualism is really prominent nowadays; either way my original point stands.

>lasting legacy
>bet you don't even know Gurk
you do realize the inherent contradiction here, yes?

Cherry picking? Really? You honestly think people antagonizing other players doesn't drive them away?

intershting topic

Attached: 1526837174945.jpg (655x527, 59K)

>The solution is to mute him and have more robust options to prevent him from playing with you again
NONONO THAT DOESN'T REMOVE HIS SOFTWARE LICENSE

BAN HIM AT THE FIRST OFFENCE, SO HE HAS TO BUY OUR GAME AGAIN AND GO BACK INTO THE LOOTBOX GRIND

Attached: IMG_20190525_031258_673.jpg (720x720, 112K)

He thinks anything that allows him to feel justified shitposting in all the video games he sucks at.

This is you conceding the argument by refusing to engage in the process. You acknowledge that you do not have a logical reason to have your opinion. When someone tells you to put yourself in another's shoes it's to help give you perspective, and when you ignore that it's because you know that you're behaving like a hypocrite that expects other people to suffer consequences of unreasonable rules just because you coincidentally follow those rules already.

>The point is it could be you.
It won't. When I want to type 'NIGGERS' into chat, I think 'would I want that to happen to me?' The power is in you to make the right choice.
>and then defend the act of having your money taken away from you.
>my purchase should be refunded because I'm an asshole
Take his toys away like a child and make him understand his actions have consequences.

>banned from the game
>doxx game moderators/developers
>threat to kill their children
simple as

You would have to be a complete moron to risk something like that in a game you are that invested into.

see
You're unable to do what I asked you to do because it makes it painfully apparent that you're a hypocrite.

Did his impossibly thicc gf finally sit on his face and give him the sweet relief of death?
I haven't touched FA since GAR took over and the site died, ps FUCK HALPLANDER

Attached: 1302369633310.png (552x1371, 44K)

You just said the n word on a blue board faggot. Enjoy your ban.

I am unable to emphasize with the victim's position because I haven't lost my temper in a videogame.

His reason for his opinion is that you were fucking warned that antagonistic behavior would result in a ban. Only a true moron complains to the oven manufacturer about getting burned when they deliberately stick their hand on the hot burner.

That's not what we said at all and you're putting words in our mouths/meta arguing instead of focusing on the point: your scenario is unrealistic because we're not low brow simians like yourself. we will never be in that position because actual thought policing means people won't buy your game for fear of being banned over actually trivial things. we're not the ones with a completely fucked sense of relativity.

>people are offended by words to the point they actually self harm
>people are offended by words to the point they would rather have rights taken away
>people are offended by words to the point they attack developers
try taking testosterone supplements so you can be less of a laughing stock

Attached: 1517968838006.jpg (214x311, 19K)

Empathy and sympathy are two different things user. As someone who hasn't said anything to you previously - everyone reading this can see that you clearly have no point. Stop posting. You're embarrassing yourself.

Coon... was the name of a hero that Cartman plays on South Park.

Why not just mute players instead of banning them outright?

whats it called when the answers given to you as an option are worded as such to influence your decision in a poll? Im pretty sure that's a thing and I get that feeling from this.

what's even more pathetic:
>people are offended by being held responsible for their actions to the point that they complain on Yea Forums

You do not have a legally protected right to scream at black people over voice chat in Counter Strike.

People antagonizing other players is a singular example of the "negative" aspects of absolute freedom of speech. Thus cherry picking, thus your point is stricken.
>I have no content therefore I crack jokes based off assumptions
Ok, the comedy stage is that way.

>easy to get E
>hard to get T
What did the Powers that Be mean by this?

Attached: spookyghost.png (133x222, 22K)

What problem?
I'm not seeing any problems

Because words cause hurt feelings and that's worse than any in-game actions :(((

How about I just find you types obnoxious, and enjoy seeing you suffer for your lack of impulse control and forethought?

>Putting "facts" in quotationss like that

You disingenuous little faggot. Refute the fact that blacks commit disproportionately higher amounts of crime than anyone else right fucking now with a straight face to me, i need a good fucking laugh. It's a cold hard fact, get the fuck over it

An auto-global-mute system as opposed to an auto-ban would be an interesting avenue to solving the problem. Not entirely sure how that would go over though.

Because then they're free to continue ruining lobbies unimpeded.

It's also the singular topic of this thread, jackass. It's not reasonable to whine about cherry-picking in a veritable cherry orchard.

You're running away from the argument. Engaging in the hypothetical scenario and telling me what you would want in that situation is to help you understand that what is being done isn't what you would want. This is to help you understand that what you're advocating is the opposite of what you would want, and you pretend like it's justified because you mistakenly believe that the people in these situations are so different from you that it's impossible you would be in a similar situation. It's an insane claim.

The argument isn't about whether or not they deserve to be banned. The argument is about whether or not they should be eligible to receive a refund if they are banned. I proposed that if you were banned (unjustly, but still banned) you would probably want an avenue available to receive a refund. To act as though it's correct that people who are banned (justly or unjustly) to never receive a refund is anti-consumer. If you are a consumer, and it's even remotely possible for something like this to happen to you (which it most certainly is) then you should not be defending a course of action that would result in you having less money.

Attached: 1386556533930.jpg (500x281, 39K)

Because that doesn't conform to the standards of the modern secular neo-religion.

>Appeal system to appeal to the same people who already kicked you out/
administered X penalty

LOL. JUST FUCKING LOL

>and enjoy seeing you suffer

Then by your own admission you are mentally unwell and incapable of reaching a normal, functioning human being's viewpoint. Congrats, you rendered everything you have posted completely void all at once.

damn you're really cool and totally not mad

Just because it's statistically true doesn't mean you don't use that information to make disingenuous conclusions. The statistical validity of those claims are also dubious at best once you investigate the sources. Once you find some of your sources I can show you as much, but I'm not going to the trouble to collate information for someone who probably is going to find a way to dismiss anything I say anyways.

El basado mi negro

Refutation granted:

Such statistics are generally based on data gathered from the preponderances of cases which result in a conviction. However, research indicates that US courts are racially biased against blacks, resulting in an inflated conviction rate for blacks and a deflated conviction rate for whites.

Reference: journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/2153368716645842?journalCode=raja

>words
>actions

Attached: 1543027466900.png (905x619, 566K)

>being this afraid of conflict
Don't you have an epic adulting sub to run on plebbit?

We've been over this. If I roll into a night club and start calling people faggots to their faces, I get a black eye, a one way trip out, and I certainly don't get my money back. Don't be stupid.

try reading my post again and if that still registers as complaining then you might be the special needs child
Never said I did but the fact that someone else is saying something that triggers you so much that you have a vendetta against them is absolutely hilarious
I don't do anything like it in game but its always fun when it happens because there is always 1 snowflake (You) in the lobby has their entire world shaken to the core

Attached: soylent.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

I'm not advocating for anything. I'm saying that if a person is going to be an ass in a multiplayer game, they're going to face negative consequences for it and they're likely well aware of that.

Black people get convicted more because they actually commit the crimes they're charged with more.

13%

50%

I've appealed bans successfully many times on many services. Turns out they'll unban you if the ban was unjustified or you show repentance for your actions because they like your money.

>these lads don't vigorously report anyone who acts even remotely negatively for being toxic/verbal abuse
You 100% deserve to be banned for tilting my random teammates in solo queue by being hostile and rude. Not everyone is accustomed to being called a faggot and a nigger daily. And they will start focusing on other things than the game when you pull that shit.

Keep that fucking PMA on at all times.

That's not what this is about. I know what happens. I know what you expect to happen. THE MOTHER FUCKING QUESTION is if you would want your money back. If you wouldn't want your money back then you need to explain to me why you don't want your money back. If you would want your money back then you agree with me.

So which is it?

Yes, because you who are arguing against this, is clearly a bastion of rational thought with nothing to be afraid of, least of all sperging out in a way that others would find annoying.

Yes, you did. I present the following quote from :

">people are offended by words to the point they would rather have rights taken away"

this is the internet. it is not real life.
piracy laws in real life are not the same as piracy laws on the internet.
what's it like being 70 years old?

Attached: ok boomer.jpg (480x479, 47K)

>play game
>bully some random kid
>he starts crying

holy fucking shit bros how did we let this go so far ;_;

The research says the conviction rates cannot be trusted as a true indicator of guilt, and I trust peer reviewed work by actual legal scholars more than I do jpgs from Stormfront. Now piss off, we're discussing video game bans.

It still registers as complaining (as does this) and I am verifiably of the right number of chromosomes and average intelligence, regardless of how much you bitch to the contrary.

>factual greentext is complaining
you can go back to retardera anytime now

just play FACEIT bro

>Such statistics are generally based on data gathered from the preponderances of cases which result in a conviction. However, [vague reference to research that never happened] indicates that US courts are racially biased against blacks, resulting in an inflated conviction rate for blacks and a deflated conviction rate for whites

Awesome, so were you gonna cite something with actual credibility or a vague abstract of a paper that either is singular or does not exist or alternatively that i'm not setting up a fucking account to read?

>Wypipo rayciss

Epic, just epic. Refutation failed. Spectacularly.

Your question is retarded. But fine. No I would not expect my money back in accordance with typical American business customs. Jesus you're fucking dumb.

its almost like the people saying mean things online aren't committing crimes but still get punished just like those extremely small amount of black people who are falsely charged

I repeat: You do not have a legally protected right to scream at black people over voice chat in Counter Strike.

>there is always 1 snowflake (You) in the lobby has their entire world shaken to the core
Not as much as the guy having to cry about being banned and conflating it with free speech and slippery slope arguments, while blaming everyone besides themselves for their own mistake.

By replying to me as if you disagree with me you're advocating the opposite claim. That's how this shit works. I'm well aware there are consequences. I'm saying the consequence of having your money stolen because you said a bad word is unacceptable. There should be refunds granted to people when what they purchased is no longer functional because of the decision of someone within the company that sold the game. The company has revoked the game but they have not refunded the money. This is wrong. This should not happen.

>Getting upset at a joke post about black people actually committing crime

Damn, now I'm wondering if you're actually a nigger

I didn't ask about what you expect. I asked about what you would want. I know what you expect already. Read the words I type just for you if you're going to respond. Answer my question correctly.

you brought it up faggot. and you can call it stormfront all day, it doesn't make up for the fact it's true.

This refutation has nothing to do with the ban discussion. I only posted that because one faggot literally dared me to refute his stupid talking point.

nigger

>My anecdotal evidence suggests otherwise

Please tell me you're just trying to get a rise out of me. Please, for the love of god.

>normal people
>Yea Forums
>WAAAAAAAH a private company not allowing me to scream nigger over the mic on their servers is the same as oppressive dictatorship murdering me for making a political statement
the fucking state of this website

Attached: 09351324-A1F6-4888-BA13-CB8BB3874841.jpg (226x223, 9K)

>THIS IS LITERALLY TRUE I DARE YOU TO REFUTE ME
>gets proven wrong
>lol it's just a joke, can't you take a joke?

You're the worst sort of disingenuous asshole.

Unlike software which is a static thing with an upfront cost to provide, servers require constant expense, upkeep and maintenance. They are also an environment in which the owner has purview. Do you not wish to retain the right to tell crybabies to get off any server you run?

you are obviously new here with the way you post
you can go back now

Attached: 1519886628061.jpg (1019x806, 147K)

I'm going to assume you meant to respond to someone else.

I wasn't arguing against anything, you have a different user. Believe it or not, multiple people think you're stupid. Probably because you're epic let edgy post was stupid. Imagine that.

I'm sorry that you can't handle the fact you can't just ban evade everything like you can here, making consequences meaningless.

it's not about VOIP
it's typing
to my knowledge unless someone records you talking you can't get banned because voip isn't stored.

1. YOU brought it up
2. It's not true. I posted a peer-reviewed study indicating the statistics you're citing are based on bad data.
3. Stop posting your /pol/ shit in a Yea Forums thread about videogame bans.

What I want lines up with my expectations of reality. I desire to have a Ferrari given to me for free but too fucking bad huh? I also do not want to be an asshole online, so playing hypotheticals is fucking pointless.

We're talking about a pseudo-public server.
Kind of like Yea Forums.
My server is ideally only open to people I know.

You've lost the argument. You can't even continue talking about it. You can't address my points.

Damn, that's a real r/iamverysmart last line there pal. Think you might be confused about where you are.

>playing gay soicore shit that bans you for being le toxic in the first place

Attached: 1438631683838.jpg (624x564, 94K)

>This is wrong. This should not happen.
Does SA offer refunds to banned members? That'd be fucking hilarious.

>omg why cant i say nigger and kill all jews
>implying speech is the only aspect of freedom
This is the reason why the USA is a dystopic shithole. Other countries put human dignity above all while Americans can't shut the fuck up about niggers and guns.

My anecdotal claims carry as much or more weight than your dismissive assumptions, in any case.

This is what a Reddit post on Yea Forums looks like. Remember it well.

>oh no, I lost an argument on the internet, better call him reddit

Jesus fucking christ, I don't know what's more pathetic. That you think citing actual fucking research to back your points is a "reddit" thing, or that you continue to ignore objective reality in spite of it being literally spoonfed to you. This community really has gone downhill the last 3 years. Don't you have some youtube comment section to be shitting up or something?

>movie theaters don't give refunds if you're disruptive
>sports games don't give refunds if you're disruptive
>clubs don't give refunds if you're disruptive
Sorry, in the big boy world you don't get refunds for being disruptive.

>Thing that may never even happened carries more weight than a consequence of blatantly obvious cause and effect

I'm thinking not, you overweight, unshaven buffoon.

>objective reality
>in post-modern thought
YIKES
you aren't very smart ig

Public is not a concept with the internet, you nard. Someone owns the hardware, someone owns the software. Just like you get to make your server private, they have the right to ban whoever the fuck they want for whatever reason whenever they feel like it, unless they are contractually being paid to allow otherwise and hence are beholden to their obligation to you (not banning you for being a prick is not one of these obligations in vidja, generally).

I browse Yea Forums for the video games and Reddit for everything else. Stay mad incel.

>What I want lines up with my expectations of reality
>I desire to have a Ferrari given to me for free but too fucking bad huh?
This is literally you giving an example of what you want not lining up with your expectations of reality. Acting like the hypothetical situation designed to help you understand why you're a fucking hypocrite is beneath you is precisely why the hypothetical situation was presented to you. I knew you would be unwilling to actually humor it because it so easily shreds your bullshit argument to pieces. The only way you can pretend like these results are reasonable is to act as though you would never have to deal with the consequences of them. Whether you deal with the consequences or not doesn't determine if something is ethical. You retard.

Attached: Suspended-Drivers-License.jpg (400x261, 122K)

>Last 3 years
>He thinks that makes him an oldfag and tries to swing his puny baby dick around that way

Like pottery

>be upset that people say bad words
>try to get them banned
>anybody defending the mean word speakers is or has been banned for doing so
quite literally the most pathetic argument
you faggots that are reporting people because they said mean words are a laughing stock in real life so you try to make safe places for more of your kind

>oh no, he's revealing me as a disingenuous idiot, what do I do?!
>I know! I'll say he's from reddit!

Please fuck of back to R/Thedonald or Twitter or whatever shitpile you crawled out of.

What's your opinion on "toxic" shit that's not bannable?
What if I just sandbag really hard?
What if I just throw?

what's blatantly obvious is that if you get caught red handed for being an asshole, then no one is going to rescind your ban. I see no cause and effect beyond that

Anyone else remember STV back in 2007. The second you went there is was just an endless rape train, it was the mmo equivalent of Vietnam you'd get corpse camped and people would just fuck up your life till you left. Good times, we need more of that.

Most people on here aren't actually the type to go around and nigger out, it's more of a very vocal (usually underage) minority.

That was my first post in the thread schizo, kys.

The question is if you would want a refund if you were kicked out of a place for being disruptive when you don't consider yourself being disruptive.

Everybody knows what happens. What I'm asking you to face is if these consequences are what you would want in that situation.

>public is not a concept on the internet
yes it is.
Yea Forums is a public website. anyone can view it or use it.

You misunderstand. It's gotten bad the past 3 years. I've been here since I think 2010? Whenever those Motivation Dog image macros were the new meme, that's when I first started browsing Yea Forums.

>Stay mad incel

>Heh, epic post me. That's another ebin win

your argument was such a strawman that I don't want to waste my time on you anymore
go back to your leftist site

Your points were adressed a million times in this very thread already, so I’m just going to call you a retard from now on

I think most bans are done by robot these days. Sorta why a lot of people think they're bullshit. Can't say I blame them.

>Still thinks he's an oldfag

Please, it's just embarrassing at this point

Then you can ask for a refund because of the disruptive patrons.

>Moreover, cases with Black and Latino victims are less likely to be prosecuted with a death penalty–eligible charge.
Isn't this the opposite of what you are saying?
Also the paper isn't public, you just put that in there hoping no one would actually check the link.

And again what your saying is pointless because we all obviously want everything always, but that's stupid and unrealistic and most importantly generally impedes on other peoples' pursuit of happiness. Would I want my money back? I want all the money I've ever spent back, but that doesn't really mean shit does it? The reason why we started with dismissal is because your point is formed in absurdity.

They were not. You never explained to me why you want your money taken away from you. That is the argument presented in respond to my point. You need to defend that argument or you're wrong. If you cannot defend it, or refuse to defend it, I've won the argument.

You weren't the one posting 50% 13% nonsense? If not, then that post wasn't directed at you. Why even get involved in that argument, though? I only posted that article to try and get the stormfaggot to shut up about his nonsense.

SEETHING

And you can't do anything about it except being butthurt. Cope.

Why does one NEED to be offensive?

Attached: 1563088130956.jpg (470x645, 98K)

>buy ticket to movie
>go inside
>shout FIRE five minutes in
>get kicked out, possible arrested
>DUR WHERE'S MY REFUND I PAID FULL PRICE AND WAS GIVEN NOTHING IN RETURN

its called being a decent fucking human being. maybe some of you should try it sometime

Attached: 1517871821745.jpg (1000x1000, 80K)

But it's not bannable.
I can just intentionally miss. My aims good enough. I can lose the game on purpose convincingly. How do you stop me?

Careful with that guy. He's responded to at least 3 different people now thinking they're all the same guy. He's liable to bust out his katana and fedora at any moment given how Reddit all his posts are.

Public DOMAIN you retard. The public claims no ownership of Yea Forums in any way imaginable. We have no right to be here. Hiro could set it up to where you have to drink verification cans of Dew or get banned, and there is nothing you can do about it. Which makes perfect sense because it's PRIVATE PROPERTY you fucking mong.

This isn't actually true
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruneyard_Shopping_Center_v._Robins

>Buzzwords

Don't strain yourself too much there chief.

holy fuck you're dumb, the 13% 50% was my first post in the thread. You know how an user board works right? Or is that above you too?

bots only filter the obvious
its mostly because enough reports happen in the game or within a certain period of time
people that play games now are so soft and mentally unstable the world is better off it they decide to kill themselves because someone told them to
less garbage filling up the gene pool

>using irl situations in computer ethics arguments

Attached: 1557165155705.jpg (326x294, 12K)

No, it means that in cases where a black/latino person was murdered or whatever, the plaintiff is less likely to be charged with a capital offense.

Also, as for the article. That was strictly to try to shut the stormfaggot up; I never expected him to actually read it because those types never do. For what it's worth, I actually do subscribe to that journal for work reasons.

you kind of need an argument to say you won or lost one
a single sentence makes not an argument

Yea Forums is a privately owned website that is available to the public at no charge to them.
That is what a "public" website is and has been for the last 30 years.

>And again what your saying is pointless because we all obviously want everything always,
It's not pointless, bro. It's reminding you pricks to have a little compassion for people that get caught up in heavy handed moderation and have their money effectively stolen from them. You wouldn't want that to happen to you, so I shouldn't hear a fucking peep out of you defending this sort of result no matter who is being banned. If you wouldn't want your money taken away from you then you shouldn't want anybody's money taken away from them.

I literally advocated that people who are banned should have an avenue to get a refund. Not a guarantee. Just a path to get one. Something. And I was met with feverish resistance to this statement. Anybody who resisted this statement is a fucking hypocrite. Including you.

Recognize that about yourself.

Of course, your soft, faggot ass will have radically, and i mean *radically* different ideas of what consitutes and asshole, sure. I'm also sure devs and whatnot these days would share those ideas. And also spend copious amounts of time on Twitter. And invest considerable amounts of money into HRT medication.

Imagine thinking banning people accounts will fix the problem of rude kids.

Then you will place a lower rank and I wont have to deal with you.

NIGGERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: Logo.jpg (400x400, 39K)

Public domain works, royalty free works, and freeware all do exist on the internet.

Might want to be careful tossing around the word retard.

Seek a therapist

I do think there's a balance to be struck. On one hand, people getting banned for saying "GG" is fucking stupid. On the other hand, if someone goes into a server and starts screaming shit at everyone that can hear them and doesn't even play the game; yeah that person needs a ban because they're a blight on the community.

CsGo has a fucking mute button, for every player.
Its not that hard, really...its not.
>this user is spamming niggerfaggot over mic, but i dont want to mute all teammates
>muted 1 person
>problem solved.

"under the California Constitution, individuals may peacefully exercise their right to free speech in parts of private shopping centers regularly held open to the public, subject to reasonable regulations adopted by the shopping centers"
being an inflammatory faggot and picking fights is not covered under this decision in the slightest, and may even fall under disturbing the peace

So you're reason for enforcing bans is selfish. kind of cringe to be honest.
Anyways i'm wintrading

>irl situations
Oh, how about this. Would you refund someone's Yea Forums pass if they were using it indiscriminately post ponies on other boards. Remember, this is the ethical thing to do.

>More unoriginality

Damn bro you really are pulling out all the stops on your retardery ride tonight aren't you

>"I think free speech is important"
>"WWWOOOWWWWW YOU JUST WANNA SAY NIGGER"

It's like talking to a fucking Salem witch-hunter.

Attached: 1550043214195.jpg (379x363, 22K)

>every option is either “best thing ever” or “worst thing ever”

I get the feeling that if they put more nuanced options in like “muting them is sufficient” or “I don’t care” then the distribution would change quite a bit

The issue is that "offensive" is subjective. It can be easily abused to censor anything.

no because that's funny. why would i rescind someone from being funny?

The Supreme Court ruled you can say "nigger."

Attached: 1556227928029.jpg (680x536, 139K)

They'll just come back
Banning them solves nothing
Muting them and not responding to them does
To them it's all just about getting a response and the soft skinned fags don't understand that

because he's "smart" in the way big bang theory, sherlock, and rick and morty are "smart"

Does CsGo have an auto-ban system? I legitimately don't know. If it does have a mute button, the auto-ban/mute would definitely be an excessive feature. The one cavate I could see would be an auto-mute system that checks for volume so nobody gets their eardrums ruptured by mic spammers.

I wouldn't care if it happened to me though because I deserved it. How are you not getting this? "Heavy handed" is relative in this instance. To me, heavy handed is a filter that is poorly configured and not only bans unwanted behavior, but bans behavior that is perfectly fine that comes too close to filtered values. Or disallowing anything but premade quick chats. Banning people for being intentionally adversarial is right in line with years of internet procedure.

Other than intentionally offensive shit, what else?

>lol u unoriganl i am orignanal xD
COPE
SEETHING
BIRB
DOGGO
ZOOMIES
BLEP
ALMOND MILK
KEK
NIGGER

Voice playback volume is entirely user controlled.

I think the radical difference is more of a you problem than a "the rest of well adjusted individuals" problem.

see

how old are you?

>gamefags is on the side of "muh hurt feelings"
no surprises there

yikes

Sadly we live in a world where people get offended at stuff that wasn't meant to offend anybody.

The amount of asshurt this has caused is what makes it truly worth it

Attached: Spurdo22.jpg (470x364, 16K)

This is such a dumb argument. All actions have consequences. If you jump in front of a car, you can expect to be hurt. If you act like an asshole, you can reasonably expect to be told off or worse. This idea of "I can do and say anything I want and you all just have to sit there and take it" is the worst sort of shortsighted idiocy and it's a fucking plague on the US.

Please. If humans were as rational as you seem to believe, prison and justice systems would be designed with actual justice in mind, and not largely for the sake of giving pleasure to the aggrieved and those with bloodlust.

Have we really reach the point in society where hate speech is an act of violence? What the hell? The founding fathers would be rolling in their graves right now if they saw the nation they created be turned into the very thing they fought against in the Revolutionary War.

words beget words not violence you ape brained retard

Your delusion astounds if you're implyinf that you would consider yourself a well adjusted individual. I guaranfuckingtee you have more friends on your twitter account than you speak to in real life, that's just an example kind of non-person you are. Identify your symptoms. Get them fixed. Stop power-worshipping words like "consequence" like they make all the bad things go away. Grow a fucking spine

>I wouldn't care if it happened to me though because I deserved it
Obviously you would care if you felt like you didn't deserve it. You're ignoring the part of the hypothetical scenario in which you didn't feel like you deserved it. I can't respond to you seriously anymore if you continually ignore the fundamental point I'm making. And this whole post is irrelevant to begin with because even if you thought you did deserve it you've already acknowledged that you would still want your money back.

I'm asking you to defend the practice of companies keeping the money of people they ban. As a customer. Explain to me how this benefits the customers. Explain to me why you would defend this result as a customer with money on the line.

Once again, because apparently this bears repeating, this is not a discussion about whether or not people deserve to get banned. This is about whether or not people who are banned should be able to get refunds. NOT IF THEY CURRENTLY DO GET REFUNDS, BUT IF THEY SHOULD GET REFUNDS.

>JFK
Without debate, without criticism, no Administration and no country can succeed--and no republic can survive. That is why the Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy. And that is why our press was protected by the First Amendment-- the only business in America specifically protected by the Constitution- -not primarily to amuse and entertain, not to emphasize the trivial and the sentimental, not to simply "give the public what it wants"--but to inform, to arouse, to reflect, to state our dangers and our opportunities, to indicate our crises and our choices, to lead, mold, educate and sometimes even anger public opinion.

>SJW
YoU JuSt WaNt To SaY tHe N wOrD

>someone says "nigger"
>pull out a gun and empty the magazine into him, killing him dead-center of the road
>this is okay because saying "nigger" is bad

Attached: 1554448234290.png (1878x865, 165K)

Attached: BASED.png (1160x577, 77K)

I honestly couldn't care less if something is "offensive." It's the context that counts. If someone is deliberately antagonizing another person in a game, that's shitty behavior and worthy of a response. If someone loses the game and lashes out, that's just spur of the moment and forgivable.

Sadly we live in a world full of people who can't understand relativity and the relative effects of language depending on audience and orator/author, who think that being ejected from paid clubs is suddenly new or suddenly an overstepping of bounds.

And all the example posted here are taking away someones "right" to be intentionally and knowingly offensive and annoying.

Did I write anything about violence being acceptable? No. Get your eyes checked.

Oh? And what does it mean to not "sit there and take it"?

>Told off
>Or worse

Oh so you're one of those "punch nazis" boys, are you? Nazis meaning "people i dont like", let's get that disingenuousness out of the way, shall we?

No what's truly is retarded is what you just posted
You wanting to police everything and everyone for menial words is a plague on society and has already shown how negative an impact it has had in not even a decade

I don't have a Twitter. You should try to get better at profiling before you attempt it on the internet. Spelling too, while you're at it.

please leave until ou can play with the other children properly.

it's so fucking simple:

>players who get reported too much for verbal abuse get tagged as such
>in the option there is a censorship slider, the more you you slide it to the right, the lower the treshold of report/playtime required to have a player pre-muted from you.
>default setting is right in the middle, but the game asks you if you are a kid on install and crank it up to the max

it's so fucking basic. as an adult i actually enjoy seeing other people be rough and badmouthing each other. i think it's fun sportmanship, i don't want it to stop.Mordhau chat is paradise.

But in this instance I would always feel as though I deserved it. There is no slippery slope here, capitalism prevents that.

btw there are already such things as ban appeals.

>I dont have a twitter
>You should gey better at profiling

You should get better at lying. It's so easy to do that if it means you can avoid valid criticisms, isn't it? Yeah, yikes.

free speech does not protect you from consequences of breaking the ToS that you've explicitly agreed to in order to play a video game on a private company's private servers, incel.

there are no free speech rights on private property

>If you act like an asshole, you can reasonably expect to be told off or worse.

Attached: 1549704368668.jpg (241x403, 36K)

i'm banned from the game you can't talk about here as of today for saying the n word

>game is lambasted by the coordinated game journo media as being a safe haven for alt-right nazis that groom children into literally lynching colored folk and setting fire to crosses
>developers and publishers lose out on potentially tens of millions of dollars because they wouldn't take a hard line on those goober gobblers

Attached: 1333905892303.jpg (612x490, 25K)

I don't use any social network but this one, friendo. The targeted ads and potential employers spying on me got old

So if you just got banned right now for invoking capitalism, you would feel that it was a justified ban?

If you stand on a street corner yelling nonsense, people are going to give you odd looks and businesses are going to ask you to leave. If you get in someone's face and start screaming at them, you can expect them to at least shove you away. So I guess the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" tautology comes into play. If you act like an aggressive jackass, people are going to treat you like an aggressive jackass. How exactly that response manifests will vary, but it will almost certainly be unpleasant. Is that a call to violence? No; violence is a wholly inappropriate escalation of a verbal altercation. It is, however, an observation on reality. You cannot expect every interaction to abide by the laws of proportional response; people aren't that consistent and emotionless.

Your argument to having your money taken away from you is that you will always feel like it was justified.

Give me all of your fucking money.

Attached: 1371622819323.jpg (622x476, 20K)

Each generation has a lower evaluation of free speech. The slow encroachment of tyranny where only speech that considers with the arbitration of the powerful is allowed. Few people have meaningfully assessed their actual positions and instead opt to forgo freedom for 'safety'.

Attached: The Democratic Party of Censorship.png (576x288, 34K)

>or worse must be violence
easy to see where your brain is, you spastic.

Losing access to a service isn't comparable with losing a permanent product you already paid for.
That is a right, being an asshole isn't illegal. Companies who ban assholes but still take their money are hypocritical.

The last online game I played was overwatch last year for a few months. I've only encountered one group that were assholes and talking shit to the team. When I got their attention, I immediately muted them and never heard them again.

It feels good to be smarter than companies trying to ban people's entire accounts.

Attached: 123421357.jpg (330x320, 45K)

>the internet is real life
teh internetz iz serios bizness

But nobody here voted for the third option?

God bless the USA. Where you don't get a visit from the police for saying nigger on social media.

then don't be vague you stupid faggot

So what did you actually mean by "or worse"?

the root of problem is developers being lazy fucks who want to implement automatic systems. when gaming was smaller in scale you'd have human moderators drop in and humiliate the rascal, maybe even fuck with him ingame and shit. not anymore you have beep boop robots to boot you and steal your money. much more cost effective than hiring moderators.

>Companies who ban assholes but still take their money are hypocritical.
Why? When you agree to the terms and break them they are well within their right to do that.

That is exactly what free speech is you fucking moron. It means that no matter how much I disagree with what you're saying, no matter how much I fucking despise what you're saying, you have EVERY right to say it when and however you want. THAT IS WHAT FREE SPEECH IS. I don't have to agree with it, I don't have to like it but goddammit I will fight tooth and nail for you to fucking be able to say it.

Attached: there-too-many-people-in-this-world-we-need-a-10459417.png (499x264, 222K)

the problem is that people that play games never play or watch sports so they don't understand or experience trash talk
in a competitive setting they can't fathom that getting in someone's head is strategic and in a casual setting they can't understand banter is a great way of blowing off steam for a lot of people

>thinking ToS means diddly fuck

That's hardly comparable and well within the realm of possibility for Yea Forums. It would be aggregating of course because it is obviously and plainly ridiculous. There is nothing obviously and plainly ridiculous for banning people who are making your service unenjoyable for a large number of other users.

Do you really find that so unrealistic. If one person walks up to them and says "You look like a motherfucking bitch.", do you really expect the recipient to just ignore it or politely say "please stop?" Regardless of what is "appropriate" there will be a response, and people being what they are, it will probably be more driven by spur-of-the-moment emotions than logic. Depending on who that aggressor chooses to antagonize, they could reasonably expect to receive either an odd look or a fist to the face. Not saying that's right or wrong, just that it's reality. People are not machines. They act on impulse all the time, even moreso when agitated.

Stop being a retard. Try it in real life, too.

That's clearly not what I was getting at at all but sure keep being disingenuous I bet people appreciate it in real life. why the fuck am I even bothering to explain relativity to you mouthbreathers? It's a lost cause.

Isn't me, BTW.

What I meant by "or worse" is literally what is stated: a response more extreme than a verbal rebuke.

I can make up arbitrary rules that people break and use that as a justification to rob them, but that doesn't make my robbery somehow not a criminal act. If they sell me "access" to a game, and then rescind that access for any reason, they've reneged on the agreement just as much as I have. I agreed to not be a prick, and they agreed to give me access. If they want the right to rescind my access, I want the right to get my money back. It was an interest free loan for them anyway.

t. chinaman

Sure you don't bud, you just hang around this potentially racist shitpost-hole so you can have your soggy-kneed non-confrontational and vaguely left-leaning opinions about things

you definitely suck mad dick homie

The internet is real life. Just because people aren't immediately accessible doesn't mean they aren't real people. Antagonize them, and they will retaliate in what ways are available to them. In the case being discussed, a ban.

But video games are a service, user. You don't pay for permanent ownership of anything, you pay for licensing. If people were coming into your home and snapping your physical copies of games for being a dick that's obviously different. The online portion you claim no permanent right to nor ownership of.

newfag

I know what you were trying to get at and it's a tired, nonsensical, irrelevant pile of shit. You're evading the singular point I've been making this entire time. You're a hypocrite for acting like people shouldn't be able to get refunds if they are unjustly banned even though you admitted you would want your money back if you were unjustly banned. Now you're squirming around in the fucking mud acting like it's impossible for you to be unjustly banned. Go fuck yourself.

Attached: 1407802564966.jpg (396x382, 30K)

>plain up decency
>arbitrary rules
I'm done

You have a right to private property which you never lose unless you owe taxes or call someone a towelhead on Overwatch apparently.

>If one person walks up to them and says "You look like a motherfucking bitch.", do you really expect the recipient to just ignore it or politely say "please stop?"

Yes because I dont live in Africa

Attached: 1547599933006.png (290x326, 155K)

You talk about banter like that’s all it is. But 90% of this I see in-game is people being disruptive, griefing, and overall ruining any semblance of a game because they need to shout expletives/abuse the the mic over and over like the attention seeking faggots they are. Mute is always an option until they start team-killing you.

As a boomer gamer, the crackdown on "toxic" players is unironically based.
When I was younger I thought that shit was fun, but kids these days REALLY take things personally. I'd rather spend 10 seconds reporting Timmy and getting him banned than have my TV flooded with reports about how Timmy became a school shooter because no one put him in the baby cage.
If a kid starts sperging out, suspend him and make him spend some time doing something productive. Maybe his 40 something year old parents will finally beat him for turning into a psychopath

Attached: Dg35_KPW0AIGECV.jpg (675x601, 61K)

I consider it common decency for a company to refund me if they make the product they sold to me nonfunctional for any reason. If Black & Decker sent a signal to my fucking lawn mower to make it blow the fuck up because I said some racist shit to my neighbor you bet your ass I'd want my money back.

>There is nothing obviously and plainly ridiculous for banning people who are making your service unenjoyable for a large number of other users.
>get phone calls from person/bots who I dislike
>continues to answer the call every time
>please government do something about this
thats the equivalent of what you are saying
imagine being given the tools to prevent something and not use them

Attached: 1562828378925.png (581x525, 74K)

I like that your victory over me hinges on multiple, tenuous assumptions about me. What's it like living life in a state of cognitive dissonance? That's gotta be rough.

that's the fault of the retards on Yea Forums who talk about "x needs to expand there audience or it's a FLOP looooooooooool"
this is the price of popularity

You're totally missing the point, I'm not advocating for anything to be "policed" more than it is. I'm not saying there should be legal consequences for saying or doing dumb shit. What I am saying is that there WILL be other consequences, mostly social consequences, for saying and doing dumb shit. This seems so obvious, yet so many people in the US don't seem to understand it because they seem to think "free speech" gives them a pass to be a complete asshole and nobody's allowed to do anything about it. Then they get banned from the local grocery store or something and they lose their shit.

>beating kids stops them from becoming psychopaths

Attached: 1536971129662.jpg (307x323, 29K)

that's not cognitive dissonance

Then you live in a fantasy world. There may be some people that can stop themselves and ignore it, but most people won't be able to.

>you can get banned from Yea Forums
>nobody complains
>you can get banned from online video games
>MUH FREE SPEECH REEEEEE

Attached: 1550018405126.jpg (1000x651, 161K)

>Does CsGo have an auto-ban system?
Yes, it does. Players can report others for various infractions. After so many, i assume you get banned.
>If it does have a mute button, the auto-ban/mute would definitely be an excessive feature.
Autoban would be terrible and would come with a lot of backlash.
Theres a volume icon for voice, for every player. You can adjust how loud of soft the player is.
>The one cavate I could see would be an auto-mute system that checks for volume so nobody gets their eardrums ruptured by mic spammers.
This is actually solved by the adjustable mute button. So no need to police mic volume levels. Also all mics are created differently, so some people may need to increase volumes

How do you feel about online games that straight up shut down for good?

You're acting like my admission somehow proves something, but it doesn't. It just proves that I like money and I will always wish I could have everything for free and not suffer any consequence, which is basically a given for most people.

>If Black & Decker sent a signal to my fucking lawn mower to make it blow the fuck up because I said some racist shit to my neighbor you bet your ass I'd want my money back.
If in the purchase agreement they explicitly state that will happen and you agree to it then are shit out of luck.

It's a permanent license you own, you don't own the intellectual property and thus you can't replicate it for profit, but you own that single instance of whatever video game you purchased.

fpbp
who uses gamefaqs anymore what the fuck?

>fostering a god complex is good

Based zoomer

And they face the consequence of aggravated assault

Then you have no reason to reply to me as though you disagree with me. Because you agree with what I said.

>I wouldn't care if it happened to me though because I deserved it
Then you DONT deserve a right to speak at all. Anyone willing to give up freedoms to police others, will lose their freedoms and be policed.
Heard the phrase?
>i may not like what you have to say, but ill defend your right to say it.

The very thing Ben Franklin warned people about. Truly people do not learn from history.

This is not a valid comparison at all. Bot callers call from spoofed numbers that in all ways look legitimate. You cannot know you're picking up a bot call. Just like you cannot know that you're about to be stuck listening to some retard spout off nonsense and intentionally feed the other team as retaliation for some imperceptible slight he detected.

You were FUCKING WARNED. You cannot reasonably expect a refund when you were told "yo, don't be an asshole or we'll ban you." If you go to a restaurant and order a steak, then throw that steak at the waiter when you get it, you're going to pay for that steak and then be kicked out. "It was just a joke, bro" doesn't work in real life, because people KNOW you know better and are choosing to violate rules you already knew about. The world isn't your fucking playground to do with as you please, there are consequences for your actions and they're generally pretty obvious.

And in your eyes do you consider this sort of clause acceptable for customers? That's the question. Does this benefit the customer? Is it okay that every online game operates like this? You need to explain why it's a good thing if you're going to defend it; not just state that it is the way it is. We know it's the way it is. But there's obviously a problem.

A private contract can't contradict regular law in the same way a regular law can't contradict the constitution.
That's why the German dude who ate a guy he met in the internet got jailed even though the guy wanted to be eaten and signed a contract. You can't legally consent to being murdered and eaten.

>don't be an asshole
that's too vague of a contract

>Food analogy
Also in the scenario you described, the restaurant didn't steal your money. Big difference.

>And in your eyes do you consider this sort of clause acceptable for customers?
Then why the fuck did you purchase from a company that does that? Why did you agree to it in the first place?

And how about if you paid for the meal but didn't receive the meal? Then you were banned for raising a stink because you weren't given what you paid for. You'd be fine with a company taking your fucking money in that instance? Because that's what happening in these games. These companies promised to give you a game, and then they're TAKING IT AWAY.

So what is the point of "free speech" then?

Not in the slightest. You have a funny way of understanding things.
Being able to post up your house with political signs is freedom of speech. Standing outside the Whitehouse and calling Obama a nigger is freedom of speech. Shitting up an online server is not freedom of speech (not that being banned is even censorship. people unfortunately got to see what you had to say. hence the ban).

You're ignoring my question. You'll never play an online game again if you don't agree to these terms. I'm asking you to defend the terms.

I don't play online games specifically for this reason. But you're acting like these terms are acceptable and I'm reluctantly agreeing to them and getting banned. I'm not.

Explain to me why you think this shit is acceptable.

>Not in the slightest.
You would want a refund if you were unjustly banned. You explicitly admitted this. That's what I said you would want if you were unjustly banned. You were unable to explain any sort of argument to the contrary because you agree with my point.

Oh so THATS all we were arguing about lmao okay then. Wish my goalposts had wheels damn.

Sad part is I can't tell if this post is serious or not.

I've responded to you twice already directly asking why you think customers should be okay with having language in these terms that give companies free reign to take peoples' money with no consequences. You haven't given me a single decent response yet. I'm going to have to assume you don't have a fucking argument if you don't present one.

Assuming the victim's response is physical violence, yes. That's not really the point I'm making, though. My point is more that if the aggressor's victim does respond by punching them or something, they really have no reason to be surprised. To return the metaphor to the topic at hand; if someone joins a server and starts antagonizing and harassing the other players, they really should not be surprised if a mod bans them. It's such an obvious possible outcome of such behavior. Is it the right thing to do? That's a matter for debate, but it's hardly a shocking violation of their rights. They were aware of the possible outcomes for their behavior and they did it anyways; they knowingly took the risk. They aren't the victim here, they're an informed actor taking a known risk.

its completely valid
you know what you do when you pick up a bot call?
you can do the same to someone being "disruptive" to your game

someone making you lose a game happens whether its on purpose or not
whos to even says its a team game

At high ELO people don't give a shit.
We're just trying to improve.

So you're illiterate and happy about it. Next time take a moment to read the shit you want to respond to before you hit submit because all of this could have been avoided if you resisted the urge to run your mouth the moment you heard anything other than the sounds of corporate cock sucking.

You're acting like this is the case for people getting banned.
In real scenarios it's either one person having a total meltdown or it's because two retards get into an argument.

when people type "fuck niggers" in chat I usually expect it because they're bottom fragging

Maybe they're just really into having sex with black chicks and want other people to enjoy the same kind of pleasure.

Attached: 1493094141198.png (846x900, 379K)

My man if I had a button I could smang to not only hang up on bot callers but also instantly disincorperate them to stop them from spreading their cancer to even more innocent people, I'd look like like I'm playing motherfucking Mario party on that bitch. We can't report bot calls, but we can sure as shit report people in games, and you bet your ass I do it. The report isn't for me, it's for everyone else that will have to continue dealing with the spastic retard. You ever been to FNM? people get kicked out of that shit with the quickness, it's the same concept.

It's not a food analogy, it's a restaurant analogy. And a person being banned from a game's online component isn't having their money stolen either. They were warned that certain actions would result in a ban. They violated the rules, they got the ban. They still own the game, though it may be diminished in value, but that's entirely because they knowingly engaged in risky behavior. To evoke yet another metaphor: if you buy a vacuum and try using it to clean the bottom of your pool, there's no way you're getting a refund when it breaks. The risks of submerging the vacuum were obvious, but you did it anyways and now you get to live with those consequences. Do you see what I'm getting at? The bans are because people are using the games in a way the developers/owners do not intend: IE as a tool for harassing other people.

I would say it's not so much my illiteracy as your aggressive tendencies to win any argument despite how disingenuous, off topic, and absurd you have to get.

if some guy is being annoying on mic and carrying his weight, I don't really care. If we're winning w/e gg and all that. If we're losing i'm just muttering "get me out of this game" to myself.
I only really care about skill and team cohesion. If you need to be directed in a pug you really fucking suck.

if im playing a team based game i'm trying to improve my play. i dont really care about anything else. if someone is eating their mic i'll mute them though.

A vacuum breaks when submerged because that's how electricity works. Talking shit doesn't literally break the game. Your false equivalence bullshit is tiresome.
Also how is your money not getting stolen if the company blocks your access to something you already paid for. Keyword, since apparently you are slow: The COMPANY who made the product cuts your access to the product you already paid for, not a law of physics.

Go sue them then

It wasn't disingenuous, off topic, or absurd at all. I was talking about how people who get banned should get their money back. People flipped their fucking lids like I told them murderers should walk the streets. Every response was something along the lines of "well it doesn't happen in other places" as if this isn't a fucking logical fallacy. I wasn't stating that everybody gets refunds everywhere else but video games, so bringing up examples outside of video games doesn't prove me fucking wrong. The question was about whether people should get refunds in games and not a single person could come up with a single point why they shouldn't. Everybody wanted to disagree with me but nobody ever could because doing so would mean defending the possibility of their own money being taken away which they would never do. So disagreeing makes everyone a hypocrite. It's really that simple. No goalposts were moved, you just lost sight of the point because you were spinning around trying to avoid it for so long.

>you ever been to a sweaty fat neckbeard get together
no I can' t say I have user as I have an actual job and don't play card games designed to take my shekels

Your scenario isn't entirely comparable. It's about use. You go to a restaurant to buy food to eat. They're gonna kick you out if you start using your food to annoy people because that's not the intent behind the restaurant. They're gonna bill you anyways because you got exactly what you asked for, you just chose to abuse it. The scenario you propise is more akin to what happened with Shenmue 3, where people demanded a refund because they were promised a Steam copy, a promise that was then broken. Those folks DO deserve refunds because the publisher was not being upfront with them about what to expect. To return to the videogame ban topic. The developers/publishers expect customers to play their games, not use them as a tool to reach out to verbally antagonize their customers. Their response, revoke access to the abused elements, but allow the user to keep the game. If the customer feels like they've lost their money, it's because they threw their proverbial steak at the proverbial waiter. They KNEW it might happen and did it anyways, and right or wrong, that risk was made clear up front.

I'm sorry but I get online games to game, not deal with people trying to get fun from other peoples' misery. I particularly don't care to see people hide behind something as noble as freedom of speech as if it excuses their desire to have fun at another's expense. If people don't want to get banned then they can shut up and play the fucking game like God intended.

>he says, as he thumbs through his archive of paid jpgs of anime girls

then just don't let it bother you.
it's easier to not let it bother you than to force everyone to stop.

In such cases, I would hope a ban appeal is possible. Everyone loses their cool from time to time, and auto-bans really aren't great because they cannot account for that. I'm not arguing for every "nigger" post to get a permaban, just that those that do get banned because of poor behavior shouldn't be too surprised. Ideally, every ban referral would be examined in context before action is taken.

Common sense.

Not good enough. If they want the right to remove people from the game they sold they should also relinquish that person's money back to them or else they're being unethical. It's saying their money is valuable but they are not. If they want to improve the game by getting rid of that person they should be willing to part with the money that person paid if improving the game is actually their goal. You don't get to ban people on the pretense that it's improving the community within the game as if that's the priority while also pocketing the cash.

You need to pick one. Either money is what matters and people get to stay no matter what, or the community is important and people have to leave with their money. The current situation only benefits the publishers and not the customers.

It's even easier to just remove shitters from vidja. Nothing of value lost.

Are you trying to imply I play gacha?
Couldn't be more wrong

really then why haven't you already done so?
you said it was easy

Could you be any more removed from rational thought and reality?

You're ignoring what I wrote. The food was not made in the example I presented to you. The customer did not get what they were promised.

Your unwillingness to engage with this example tells me you are wrong. It tells me you know that my example is correct because you won't address it face first.

You're not explaining why it's good. You're just defending that it's common. I'm asking you to actually think about it; not just relay what is already understood. Explain why you, as a customer, should want any possible scenario where your money gets taken away from you and there's no way to get it back.

You're failing to engage in the argument. This does not win you the argument.

dude it's because he's a vindictive asshole
he would literally cast the first stone

Not easy for me personally, easy for devs through a report system though.

then why are their still people to report if they can be so easily removed?
why hasn't the system done its job if its so easy?

Your argument is that games production companies are not providing you with the agreed upon service and that for some reason you have a claim to money you've already surrendered and then lost due to your bad faith practice. It's ridiculous.

The system is perfect we just need to wait a few more weeks and then all of the bad behavior people feel across the globe will be fixed. Just a few more bans.

Your example also doesn't have anything to do with online games where they face consequences for their rule breaking actions while participating in the service.

it's been decades

It's not getting stolen because the customer got the game. They got the complete game, then they abused it by using it as a vector to attack others. They were warned this would happen because businesses don't like it when one customer chases away other customers and that the result of such would be a ban. This is not a hard concept to understand. To evoke one final metaphor: If someone buys a Toyota Corolla and take it off-roading, they're going to break it. However, there's no way in hell the dealership is going to refund them because they were using the car in a way it was not intended. They were told it was a street-car, they were explicitly told it would not survive an off-roading attempt. However, knowing that it might ruin their new car, they took it off-roading anyways and it wound up destroying the car. Using a game to harass others is the same way. It's not meant for that, and the owners don't want it being used for that. So sure, being an abusive faggot online doesn't make the game break, but the people running the servers are going to cut you off because that's not what the game was made to do. Again, I'm not saying that bans are the right way or the wrong way to moderate online behavior. just that they are a known factor and those that face them are well aware of that possibility before they choose to use the game to antagonize other players.

Who decides who is participating in bad faith? Them? Of course they're going to decide nobody else is to blame.

Would you consider their terms "good faith" terms when they can without any provocation rescind your access and have no legal obligation to tell you why?

I didn't bring up the food analogy in the first place, dip-ass. I'm poking holes in it.

>Who decides who is participating in bad faith? Them?
Yes.

>in a way it was not intended.
The chat feature in the games are working as intended. The game is functioning as intended. The games are trying to dictate what human behavior should be intended.

I literally followed your example and provided one analagous to videogames. Just because I rdidn't agree with your analogy doesn't mean I'm ignoring it.

Also, I'm not defending bans. I'm just saying that they are the current reality of video game moderation, and players are keenly aware of this before they make the decisions that get them banned.

Literally yes. It's their service that you're fucking up after all.

>one breaks the product
>the other doesn't
Great analogy.

Not good enough. An agreement requires two parties. I agreed to give my money. They agreed to give my game. They would most certainly revoke my access to the game if I did a chargeback with my credit card to take my money back. Why is it unacceptable for me to get my money back if they revoke my access for any reason?

Chew on that. Why do they get all of the benefits and none of the risk?

God forbid people have a good time playing a game

seeth cope and dilate tranny snoy boy

And it's my money I'm risking. It goes both ways.

Is a game with some features nonfunctional not in some way broken?
No, the chat was not functioning as intended. The chat was added to allow players to communicate. It was not added to allow strangers to harass each other over long-distance.

What's good to them is not good to everybody. I love toxic shit. I find it immensely entertaining. Sanitized games are boring.

Boo hoo. Grow some thicker skin you fairy cunt.

>good time
subjective

>Why do they get all of the benefits and none of the risk?
Because WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY
GAMERS!

A good time? Did it ever occur to you that when one person harasses another, the one on the receiving end might have their enjoyment of the game diminished?

So don't play those games and don't forcibly get into them.

> It was not added to allow strangers to harass each other over long-distance.
prove it

>Is a game with some features nonfunctional not in some way broken?
What features are non functional?

I don't. But that doesn't change my points you're running away from.

Because part of the agreement is that you will not abuse their service.

Whoah, sorry, that came out wrong. I was on the end where majority shouldn't have to suffer thanks to one asshole.

>So don't play those games
He doesn't, he's lamenting the fact that faggots are now pushing that virtually all games should follow the same protocol.

And part of my agreement is that they will not take my money and give me nothing of value in return. They agreed to it when they sold me the game. That's how this arbitrary shit works. I didn't sign my name on a fucking contract.

A ban results in the inability to access online multiplayer functions, generally speaking.

don't speak for me faggot
i'll literally throw the game if you ever try that shit and you're in my game.
i'll run it down

Oh no, babby may have to act like a decent human-being when online from now on. I'm shedding tears.

Oh. My bad.