What went wrong?

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 1.74M)

absolutely nothing

>and niggers

>enjoying the medievil, victorian setting
Fucking retard

lol that gay as fuck pose

Attached: lolz.jpg (640x559, 23K)

It's a D&D thief class experience in first person, not some realistic medieval shit.

>Original game was developed as a supernatural rpg
>Everything went wrong during development other than stealth
>Looking Glass had to re-tool everything which had been designed for a supernatural sword-fighting rpg to work as a pure stealth game
>Wizards are only in the extra levels in Thief Gold
> Game comes together last minute but retards don't get that you're supposed to stealth and sneak your way past zombies/demons
>However levels featuring said enemies tend to have bullshit labyrinthine designs so they do have half a point
>Looking Glass then made Thief 2 which is almost pure stealth and features barely any zombies, dinosaurs, wizards and demons.
lurk moar faggot

nothing desu

?

I bought it on steam retard

This faggot walks up and slaps your stealth game on the ass with the longest fetch quest ever. What do?

Attached: murus.jpg (250x188, 13K)

>and shit controls
>and clunky movement
>and shit combat
>and shit AI
>and some of the worst graphics in existence

It just keeps going

Well your solution is 1: Learn how to sneak past the zombies, dinosaurs, etc. as the game is actually designed for you to avoid them (for the most part, there are one or two places where Thief 1 fucks this up) or 2: Play Thief 2. They listened to player feedback and almost entirely cut out the supernatural enemies (only zombies appear and even then you have to go out of your way to find them, there isn't a level dedicated to them instead they're hidden in a few levels)

Attached: 12614-thief-ii-the-metal-age-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x795, 68K)

Stick a skull in the doorway at the start. Then when you get the eye the door jams on the skull and exiting the building exits the level. Really.

The issue with this on a first playthrough is that you're gonna be backtracking and searching for shit and leaving stuff alive can be very tedious and means you're fucked if you ever get caught.
You're better off KOing or backstabbing enemies if you can get away with it cleanly. A charged backstab will kill anything unaware. It makes noise and leaves a corpse so sometimes you can't easily do it, but when you can, why not?
That was at least my experience on my
playthrough.

Thief 2 was more reasonable since you usually have a decent map and can plan your route out in advance, so if you think you won't have to backtrack you can easily ghost some sections.

not a single thing
though if youre serious about not liking the supernatural stuff then youll like thief 2 more

literally zoomer

someone post the webm

>shit controls
They're fine.
>clunky movement
It works quite well for the most part.
>shit combat
True but you're not meant to fight in open combat.
>shit AI
Yet the industry has not progressed from it at all.
>some of the worst graphics in existence
The character models have aged but I think the environments look quite nice.

>AI
It's not that advanced but it does what it needs to and most games are even worse.

>if you attack and flee guard actually become wired and paranoid as fuck for the rest of the mission
>if they start to lose the fight they run at full speed and scream for help

Most games don't even do this shit

In fairness the AI in Thief manages to go from being so good you could swear the game was made yesterday to being too hard, to the point of the guards acting like psychic autists, to being so bad you'd swear the guards were retarded all in the space of a minute. When the AI works properly there's nothing else in vidya like it but fuck it can shit the bed from time to time.

>playing for the first time
>caught red-handed, guard starts attacking me
>well I have a sword and full health so fuck it
>he gets some good hits in and I'm nearly dead but I hurt him bad too
>starts bolting down the hallway at full tilt, too fast for me to attack him
>"help, there's a thief in the building! I need help!"
>mfw I'm fucked

It's so simple and obvious when it happens and yet in other games they would fight to their death like retards