Alright, Team: You're going after threads this time - deep rock galactic threads...

Alright, Team: You're going after threads this time - deep rock galactic threads. You can't miss 'em - they're big and they glow. Get the (you)s, stow 'em in Molly, and get back alive.

Attached: Mission Control.png (250x250, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GyAWOamsv7o
youtube.com/watch?v=dTmzYp0OtEw
steamcommunity.com/app/548430/discussions/1/1732089092442759797/?ctp=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Karl would approve of this thread.

Rock and stone, brother.

I love Deep Rock threads, you guys are my kinda people
>loves dwarves and dwarfish activity like drinking and bants
>doesn't hate on the excellent graphic style
>appreciates a good 'grind to unlock better stuff to grind more' game loop
>appreciates absurdly awesome guns

GUYS ARE YOU BLIND LOOK OVER THERE
Didn't open the game from 2 months, what are the last updates?

Attached: 1553003938567.jpg (451x451, 109K)

Assuming you stopped at update 23, 24 overhauls the grenades entirely and slightly overhauls the pickaxe, and added a few new enemies to fuck up. 25 is coming August or September and is going to introduce an endgame system that's multi-objective and rewards you with special materials to get "super mods".

Trying to go 10 missions without touching a single barrel is excruciating. Why would they make such an achievement? It isn't fair.

Attached: 1533175242145.jpg (750x573, 30K)

I'll never get that achievement. Those barrels are just asking to be kicked.

What's your favorite weapon lads? For me, it's this beastie.

Attached: 1560529527272.png (250x185, 58K)

I never thought I would find other Karl worshippers here. Hopefully there aren't any leaf lovers though.

I'll take one Leaf-Lover's special, extra thin with water

Leadstorm or whatever the minigun is called makes muh dick fucking diamonds. Nothing like the feel of mowing down a horde of grunts with cold as the grave keeping your gun from jamming.

Attached: 1501848204720.png (456x442, 401K)

I think they buffed it recently too, which is good. Gunner should have a leg up with guns, after all.

Is the Mission Control guy a Dwarf or a fat human? No self respecting Dwarf would give up their beard, shaving is a Manling ritual.

The flame bullets one is an objectively better upgrade.

Practical reasons, beard hair and equipment don't mix.

Than you make it mix like a proper damn dwarf. Only time should you ever lose a Beard is if it's forcefully scalped off you by gobbos or an accidental sachel discharge.

female dwarves when, i want play as a hairy dwarf lady

Hell no nigga, the fire damage is negligible compared to infinite cooldown as long as you can aim.

How does one effectively use the Drillers Plasma pistol? As I'm using it now, maxed out, it doesn't seem to have the same damage output as the standard pistol. How situational do I need to be in order for it to be worth using?

There's also elves in this universe based on certain voicelines, so he could be human. He looks pretty dwarfish though and one of the classes comes default with no beard I thought.

It would be awesome for them to expand on this universe sometime in the future. We need more sci-fi fantasy and it's nice to have something with a different vibe from 40k.

Long range crowd control with the BFG10K mod, good single target damage by spamming big bugs with uncharged shots. Macteras will be your bane no matter what.

What are your upgrades? the normal projectile damage boost and bouncing plasma turn it into a no brain no aim gun that can do more damage than stock pistol if you know what you're doing. The whole gimmick of it is that you don't have to shoot weak spots, you can shoot anywhere which makes it much easier to kill big bugs even if you're poorly positioned.

How do I get into scout? He seems fun but I just can't get into him. Everybody says to use the m1000 but I just ain't feelin it.

It's not negligible and gives more damage per bullet which is almost always priority. Ammo economy is tough at high difficulties and you need to make every one count. The increased DPS from the cooling is inconsistent at high difficulties due to how spongey the enemies become and also negligible.

Wait till the sniper and the dual pistols. Having great single shot and then the cc of the pistols makes it a lot better.
You should mostly be zipping around saving people and collecting though.

I never do personally. The assault rifle and boomstick combo works amazing enough.

He's just a class you can no brain and either agro everything because you can zip away or shotgun things in the ass when not agro'd.

The assault rifle is amazing for picking off trash and stuff from a distance and does well enough on larger shits and their massive weakpoints.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree there user, I'm just not a fan of it.

Deep dives W H E N

Attached: 1498411498604.png (1280x982, 355K)

>play scout
>engineer never gives platforms for high shit

>play engineer
>make platforms for high shit
>scout digs UP TO THEM

I can't tell if the vast majority of players are extremely casual or just retarded.

Attached: 1421268287003.png (372x334, 134K)

But if you're a crackshot gunslinger the m1 garand will erase the bigger aliens from any distance.

>embracing the cheese religion

Attached: 1555448156168.png (450x450, 213K)

Took me a minute to realize you weren't talking about TF2.

>when gold frame player teaches you about bunkers on salvage missions
i didn't think it could be that easy

Attached: 1489777998721.jpg (398x356, 47K)

>bunkers on salvage missions
?

So you can make something like pic related and still get the progress on connection and refill. Some people just dig down a small hole and put platform on top of them to cut themselves away from the enemies. Sometimes entrance is looked too and opened only after you 100% of the objective. After you finish objective you clean trash and move on to the next one.

Attached: bunkers.png (1170x710, 14K)

ROCK AND STONE
TO THE BONE

That's fucking genius, and I never would have thought of that. Holy shit, that changes everything!

Attached: 1439673589327.gif (370x281, 1.98M)

Did you forget what thread you entered or something?

How do you use the shotgun? I don't understand its purpose. With low ammo and shit range you would expect big dick damage but it surprisingly has lower damage then sniper rifle. It also has smaller clip and you have to reload it more often.

Scout isn't an offensive class, it's meant to be support. The shotgun's great for defending yourself against regular glyphids or small packs of swarmers.

So what you saying is I should forget about the dmg upgrades and go for ammo instead? Is blast wave worth it?

You can just dig down and fill the hole behind you with plasteel.

>be engineer
>team ends up with two scouts somehow
>make platform for 1st scout, 2nd (in another part of the cave) starts whining that I'm not doing a platform for him
>go help out 2nd scout, 1st scout immediately starts whining because he's found some minerals and wants a platform ASAP
It's enough to drive a dwarf to drink.

I really feel like every class except gunner and engineer is gimped. Sure, drillers and scouts offer some nice utility for certain situations, but they usually cant hold their weight when the waves get serious.

Also shield disruption is almost impossible on highest difficulty.

Been mostly playing engineer and gunner so far, feel like trying one of the other classes. Which should I try? Leaning towards driller because scout feels like it's got a lot of responsibility to lead enemies away then double back and revive when everyone else is down.

I don't really play Scout too much, but I'd say the tier 5 fear chance per shot would be nice, along with blast wave. If you're doing that, ammo would definitely help so you have more chances to fear anything nearby.

Pheromones are a must, if you can draw agro away from you and your teammates it helps a lot.

DRILLER CHADS
WHERE WE @

Attached: 1562545393852.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

Post gameplay.

Found a trailer showcasing a lot of the new enemies from a couple months ago, probably the best you'll get without hearing someone screech
youtube.com/watch?v=GyAWOamsv7o

HERE BROTHER
>mfw drilling a tunnel straight to the extraction

Attached: 1548049924022.gif (426x240, 2.3M)

this seems like you're just begging to get fucked by a detonator

Is it just me or are enemies sometimes completely silent? Even bulk detonator manage to sneak up on me.
Fuck those sand worms. They alone make me hate sand maps.

youtube.com/watch?v=dTmzYp0OtEw

>big fucking particle effects show you when you are within his blow range
>you can hear the fucker
>even if you can't hear him, you will because if he can't find a path to you he will dig to you
>scout can fuck around and draw his agro away from the rest of the team
>driller can drill fast as fuck in case of escape
you have too much tools to handle situation like that

Who the fuck is Karl?

Attached: 15393657105360.jpg (720x720, 55K)

>doesn't know Karl

Attached: 1497242031660.jpg (254x478, 178K)

>hitch a ride on Molly
>driller's face when he finally breaks through to the pod and sees me waiting on him

Attached: 1501040707668.png (750x702, 415K)

>drill straight down as soon as mission starts
>Molly takes an ungodly path to the drop pod
It's my way or no way.

Attached: 1536958647661.jpg (500x500, 47K)

that's gay

> everyone drank twice

Attached: DaveChappelleMmmMmmBitch.gif (498x280, 3.67M)

>be driller
>team at the bottom of the cave
>someone calls two supply pods next to each other
>this creates tunnel big enough for Molly to go through
>team panics
> that someone was you

Attached: backstab.jpg (750x903, 45K)

He's a dwarf.
Leaf loving management made him shave because of "toxic dwarfulinity".

>soloing a salvage mission
>bulk det spawns just outside the uplink

Attached: REEEEEEEEEEEE.gif (354x290, 30K)

Get the sniper rifle, zip away, shot weak spots of hard enemies like praetorians.
When smal fry reaches you, zip away again. A couple of platforms high up makes a set of sniping spots.
If the party gets caught in the tunnel, use grenades and pray.
As a secondary weapon I prefer boomstick with auto-reload.

>play driller
>drill a tunnel to the minerals and mine them while engineer and scout are arguing
>eradicate swarms with your flamethrower
>drill tunnel to the escape pod while others try to follow Molly who always goes up a vertical tunnel and leaves them behind
>drill an another tunnel to now stuck dwarfs and save them
Feels good man

Never thought i'd see a Deep Rock thread here.

Rock and Stone brothers....

Attached: 1562432113070.jpg (622x420, 18K)

When are we getting orcs?

Humanoid enemies with weapons would be cool.

What's the worst class and why is it bum driller?

This.
We NEED a honky-tonky chested bearded beauties.

The big detonators are super rare for me they barely show up in my games.

Dont the bugs come through the ground sometimes? you might get flanked if they dig behind you.

Take that back. Drillers are Chads.

I haven't played in about a month but when I did literally every round had at least one, with another sometimes spawning at the very end.

>the AoE kang
>worst
just because he doesn't have the same get-out-of-jail-free cards to save your ass as the others doesn't make him bad

Ya'll fucking elves.

Attached: 1553760621264.gif (596x372, 86K)

>grinded an entire day
>next day, all that progress is gone
shit sucks

They're all silent for me most of the time.

How?

hell if I know

Try this:
steamcommunity.com/app/548430/discussions/1/1732089092442759797/?ctp=2

You're playing with a shitty driller if they don't beat Molly to the pod.

It's weird man, I got two achievements for shoving barrels into each of the seats, then every barrel into the shuttle. Went on a mission and all of the barrels came down with me which got me the 'bring all barrels into the launch bay' achievement, then it gave me the 'dont touch any barrels' achievement after the next mission after that

Barrels are fucking bugged

The game mechanics are great and all, but sometimes I get super annoying lag/desync, which really really sucks and makes it extremely frustrating to play. Devs need to fix their netcode and this could seriously the best coop shooter of all time.

Also, FUCK Mega Detonator spawns at the end of a mission while everyone except one dude is already standing in the drop shit.

>see a drg thread
>reinstall the game immediately
nice work

Attached: timetodie.png (329x351, 173K)

thats what makes it EXCITING
also thank you devs for decreasing normal exploder spawns, shit was worse than creepers

>that one Gunner player who hangs out the front shooting bugs for two minutes because 'muh xp'
>when you aren't hosting and can't threaten to boot him

Attached: 1524022193873.jpg (540x558, 34K)

ROCK AND STONE BROTHER.

FOR KARL

Absolutely the autocannon, it's so fucking chunky, and being able to kill swarmers instantly with no charge up time like the minigun makes it all the better.

Close runner up to the Scout M1000 rifle. That PING when reloading is one of the most satisfying sound effects I've ever heard.

am i a pansy only playing multiplayer, even with randoms? i play stuff like haz 4 and once i dust off my rust, ill start doing haz 5, just the detonators scare the shit out of me, also they should add cave ambiance and or more spooky shit

Attached: dshitting.gif (220x164, 287K)

It's a multiplayer game, man. It'd be silly if you weren't playing with other people, even if they are randoms.

Attached: shrug.png (500x309, 157K)

gonna sleep till noon probably once the sun rises, see you all later in the mines

Attached: D6eM9sSUUAAHcqK.jpg (480x542, 17K)

Sleep well for Karl.

Attached: 66438083_2402850379995402_5456289189702139904_n.png (666x724, 248K)

>DRG and VT2 are both finally getting endgames
about damn time

>am i a pansy only playing multiplayer
The game is easier solo, it just takes longer

>play Elimination mission called "Karl's Wrath"
>Mactera swarm
>Lava zone
>we get buttfucked before even encountering our first dreadnought

Attached: 94876148912.png (283x302, 105K)

>couple of my buddies go nuts of this weird game known as DRG during summer sales
>check what the fuzz is about
>"Early Access"
>low-poly aesthetics
>[Big Doubt].WEBM
>get it for 12$, so whatev
>...
>it's actually pretty fun
A pleasant surprise for once.
If I had to nitpick, I'd claim that the game does not exactly introduce and signal all of its features that well to the newbies (took me a dozen or so games to realize there's a Perk system for example).
I also REALLY wish there was a vertex smoothing option for the character models. I dig low-poly visuals, but not this weird Virtua Fighter -style "make ALL polygons stab you in the eyes!" -look.

Also, am I the only one who really would love to see a proper excavation mode that would you have start off from a surface of the planet, with shit getting more and more dangerous with each 100 or so meters downwards ?

Attached: dwarf beer.jpg (474x645, 59K)

>Also, am I the only one who really would love to see a proper excavation mode that would you have start off from a surface of the planet, with shit getting more and more dangerous with each 100 or so meters downwards ?
no, but we are minority. devs only listen to horde shooter retards and fanboys tear apart anyone telling that the game should be something more than left 4 dead with bugs. considering developer's priorities and decisions along entire early access period, i highly doubt caves will get any better use than a tunnel for bug killing. don't build any hope because I did and got disappointed. i played this game since first alphas and it's nothing but wasted potential, really.

Seconded. Good taste user, the Scouts Rifle is so addicting I made it all the way to Promotion 2 with it.

I had something similar to you.
I looked at it and though, this game has potential but I dunno.
>free weekend
>play it with 2 friends for 3 days straight with the intention of never playing it again
>we all buy it after a day, the free weekend ends
The game is really good and it's in my top 10 recommendations, it's refreshing to find a game that has such amount of freedom and focus on gameplay, reminds me of games from 2000-2005.
The graphics are actually pretty nice, everything is functional.
It's kinda like....getting that cutiepie g.f that looks just a bit over average, but is a sex demon in bed.
Sure there is prettier ones out there, but not this adept at milking your cock and making you feel like a chad tunder cock.

ANYWAY my point is the game looks promising, but it actually is surprisingly better than expected.