Do you ever regret spending all that time sitting in front of a screen playing video games when you could have been...

Do you ever regret spending all that time sitting in front of a screen playing video games when you could have been learning a skill?

Attached: 1556006928272.jpg (1080x1080, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2N5a7XZWg8
vocaroo.com/i/s1SsKjv4Gxo0
youtube.com/watch?v=DmBahbIkkB4
chaharrah.tv/chaharrah-depot/arthouse/latin-attachments/latin-book.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I only regret the time i dont play videogames.

We will all be in the ground, some sooner rather than later.
Play vidya if you want, or don't.

Shame about the generic anime face tho, everything else looks great

What if that skill is shitposting?

Yes, every god damn day, but I really don't enjoy anything else enough to dedicate the time.

I thought I wanted to become an artist, bought some books watched tutorials. I could never get past the silly doodles in my notebook without being utterly stymied by boredom.

this
video games are my only one true hobby

Attached: ichihime-0.png (240x240, 97K)

Drawing is just as pointless with less of the gratification, don't worry.

t.crab from /ic/

>implying you can't be a drawfag and play vidya
Also, cmon if you're gonna post a progress picture don't post it from those tryhard IG artists that make all their characters into hypebeasts. Why is the supreme logo there? What gives?

yes

No. Almost anything else I could be doing is equally as pointless as playing video games, but I enjoy playing video games, so I do that.

drawing in 2019 is just learning to trace and render, 3d models make it a fucking joke.

>Not turning video games into a skill/career

Attached: 1ooee2.jpg (625x415, 44K)

been learning.

I play videogames, draw, and play music. The only people who can't balance vidya with other interests are people who would never amount to anything even if they didn't waste all their time

Regret coming to Yea Forums more, its like looking at a car wreck and seeing new threads is like seeing new ways a car can be smashed. Its more pointless than actually playing games but the levels of retardation here is hard to look away from

At least with the time not spent on gaming I learned the skill of shitposting.

>played guitar for 4 years on regular basis
>tried to put up togheter a band
>everyone gave up anyway
>gave up too and stopped playing
>4 years wasted
It really depends in the end, you can call it wasted time or invested time

Attached: 1548971248216.png (580x520, 105K)

You can start now bro, you can either be a sad cunt or a sick cunt bro.

Is it possible to learn drawing using only mouse? Or is pencil and paper necessary?

This is something someone who plays videogames without meaning to improve or make effort would post.
If you play games, please stop. People like you are very frustrating to get matchmade with. You are not reliable teammates.

>Learned how to cook because it lets me save money and eating something nice so I can spend more on vidya.
>Learned about soldering and repairing so I spend less money on new stuff and now I can just repair old stuff, also I can buy broken shit on ebay and repair it for a third of the price (like older consoles)

Vinne just has 18 and have 200k followers and is already making a lot of money (He's going to Japan soon). I have 23 have 2.5k followers and almost no money in bank.

drawing anime is a huge waste of time

i earn 130k a year and most of my time spent during work and free time is videogames

why?

mouse is for gimmicky attention whore artists. draw on paper for a year before you even try to use tablet. ALWAYS use slow controlled lines. use you WRIST and elbow if there's enough room

No. I genuinely enjoy the hobby

>left
Soul
>right
Soulless

>the amount of people who can't multitask in this thread

Absolute state. Only a waste of time when someone as uncreative and bad at drawing as you attempts it.

>soul
>souless

Soulless posters reposting the same shitty memes while contributing nothing else.
Faggots

Anyone who can't balance work, play, and passion deserves the existential dread that seems to crop one Yea Forums every single night.

Anyone actually struggling with this, don't let anyone tell you it can't be done.

I hate people who improve. Whenever I see someone who was either as bad at something as I was or worse become better, I want to strangle them. Be content with your mediocrity, you little shit.

>play and passion like they're separate things
>he doesn't have fun doing the things he's passionate about

Attached: 1559604142374.jpg (711x669, 81K)

Thanks user. I'm gonna go back to just drawing the same glassy-eyed waifus instead of improving my technique or understanding of the craft

Attached: 1469669310878.png (500x500, 22K)

>first drawing is badly drawn but is pure
>second drawing is okay but like most double digit IQ anime poster is filled with kissing corporations' asses
Yikes

just be the band urself bro
seriously dont throw that away get a soundcloud and just throw shit on to it

>when you could have been learning a skill
yes
I wish I learned to draw good furry art so I could make a Patron and have commissions, charging hundreds of dollars for their sparkle dog to be in their fucked up fetish scenario

My skill is making shit memes

Attached: BNG_OP.png (1280x720, 130K)

hey i'd commission ya :)

The good news is you don't have to be a good artist to draw for furries, because they'll commission you regardless as long as you cater to their other fetishes as well.

I have no control over my actions. I do the same things every day. I can think about wanting something else. But it's just a commentary. When you watch a streamer, you might prefer he do something differently, but that has no bearing on it. Same with my life. This is the rest of my life. It is set in stone.

>as you attempts it
someone is really low intelligence
you're probably happy with being an idiot too because you scored high on an IQ test

>implying I don't watch anime, read manga, play video games and am learning multiple skills
Being a NEET is great if you know how to manage your time properly.

This thread before you posted = soul
This thread after you posted = soulless

No. I'm a human and can balance learning stuff and video games.

>do i regret doing something I enjoy?

No

As a beginner I'd say go for paper. I tried drawing with a pencil instead of a mouse for the first time recently and it is much easier.

"Someone as X as you attempts it" is proper grammar because the subject is 'someone,' ESL retard-kun, not (you).

Attached: 1470546241646.jpg (776x600, 77K)

I really enjoy cooking but there is absolutely no way I will do it as a job, does it still count as a "productive" skill?

Attached: thinking.jpg (600x400, 27K)

I learned Japanese years ago, but mostly just so I could play more video games. I'm trying to teach myself to draw now after being interested in it for nearly 30 years, and I hope I can leave baby tier drawings behind by the end of the year, but it's hard to find time to draw, I can only do it maybe an hour or two on most days, but I'm pretty slow and it takes me 2-3 hours just to draw a shitty mannequin.

I don't know about skill or memes in that picture but it's definitely shit.

Do you like to go fishing?

Attached: 1552321274425.jpg (900x756, 63K)

>drawing
>an actual skill
lmao

Attached: 1523327695301.jpg (658x501, 258K)

Thanks

Maybe you should have learned English instead of playing all those video games.

No and I don't like to cringe either, but your image made me do that.

THE IRONING

Attached: 1554832604737.gif (250x250, 1.14M)

First post most based post, fuck real life and fuck jannies

I separated passion because it can be as intertwined or as detached from either work or play as much as you want it to be, it's a matter of mind-set and choice.

Attached: 1552320366096.jpg (2080x800, 202K)

Ignore the other faggot. I think it's cute.

This. Drawing is what people do when they have no other skills.

looks gay switch careers

while i was studying loomis i had a compulsion to go back and draw anime for the old times. Should i give it up and go back or is this anime enough and i should keep trying?

i don't even know what i wanna do anymore.

Attached: 20190714_021029.jpg (506x900, 88K)

That's actually super cute. Keep trying, user.

I reckon that looks pretty nice.

Yikes
Samefag

Keep studying properly but draw what you want to on the side regularly.

thats cute user. I'm no artist so I cant critique it. If you dont know what you want to do you should spend time finding something you enjoy doing. Do you enjoy drawing?

is there anything more cringe than when westerners try to ape the anime art style?

based

Just do what you want, bruh.

You have to go back

Samefag of what? The guy I'm telling him to ignore, or do you actually think that I am the guy posting the pictures? If it's the latter, you need to fucking lurk more since you apparently don't even know about post cooldowns.

I only regret being born.

when white people say "my dude" and "fire"

Yeah, frogposters, wojak posters, and anyone that calls something "cringe"

Is that gigachad and anti-chad

>playing video games
I hardly even do that anymore. Fuck this board

Attached: where do you think you are 2.png (876x131, 12K)

It's cute. I couldn't get through Fun With A Pencil though, it was going more harm than good for me. Maybe I should at least read "Figure Drawing for All It's Worth". I'm at this stage where I can drawn mannequins (they don't look pretty, but...), but have a hard time finishing the drawing, adding the features of the body, it just looks plain and terrible. Not sure if I should keep practicing mannequins and not worry about making complete drawings out of them and then move onto anatomy or what.

thanks
best advice i hear in a long time.
i would be in jail if i could for taxe evading

>thinking it was about grammar
retard alert

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Asking the important questions

This. I want to play video games but I end up sinking like 3 hours into this place a day and I really don't want to

Not him, but I should probably do this more often. I rarely draw anything on the side because I still have several fundamentals to learn and I'm trying to get them down before I do anything else. It's probably my perfectionism getting in the way again.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2N5a7XZWg8

Attached: mao consider the following.jpg (1641x1080, 682K)

I wish I was good at painting miniatures, I'm trying now but damn this shit hard

And have you even watched this video, user-kun?

the skill i've been honing is my writing ability and i've been using that to write a vn

Why aren't you drawing then?

Yeah. I've watched all of his videos.

read hamptons book. it helps

Yes, when talentless nobodies on Yea Forums pretend it looks bad.

>TFW always had an itch to draw
>Really can't visualize well in my head
>Skill level on par with 8 year olds
All the people I know who can draw well seemed to be able to from the start. Sure they and indeed I can improve with practice, but about the furthest I could reasonably get would still be well below a talented persons starting point. Doesn't help it's a skill that takes years to hone as well.

Drawing is a meme, and it’s not worth the time and effort to learn let alone enjoy.

If it was about the anime in a thread for a game of said anime or something then fine, nut neither your drawing nor your post had anything to do with video games. Your argument is as flimsy as /pol/fags making every thread about politics because a game happened to feature a nonwhite character in it.

>worry about other people's skill level
Focus inwards, user. If you want to learn how to draw, do it.

Attached: aabc1637b4f26db58e3938f93400b74a14387d0d39353a5a4b1b20db6c875440.jpg (447x686, 58K)

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I might've heard that name before. I plan on checking out some of Vilppu's stuff since I often hear his name, and some from Eaton as well. Are there any Hampton books in particular that you recommend?

>thinking
More than what you did before you made your post.

I didn't draw shit, holmes. But learn the culture or fuck off to anywhere else.

Attached: Where do you think you are 3.jpg (1838x4337, 1.55M)

Yeah

I developed skills alongside playing them. I played the most when I was as I felt I earned down time.

I was talking with a Japanese artist last week who didn't start drawing until he was in his 20's and 15 years later, he's pretty damn good. I haven't seen his earliest of stuff though, so I'm not sure how he was, my skills match elementary schooler's too at the moment, but I'm trying. I figure if I can learn Japanese, I can learn to draw (through the other night I found myself thinking that learning to draw well might be harder than language learning, at least for me).

>goes into thread mainly about drawing
>wants people posting drawings to leave

Attached: 1552121015450.jpg (549x188, 113K)

drawing generic non-vidya anime isn't Yea Forums
drawing Japanese video games is Yea Forums

This. Learning skills is for losers.
Based shitposter standing xis ground.

Figure Drawing: Design and Invention and Proko. problem is it doesn't transition well if your studying that just to get to anime. i legit don't even know if looks anime enough or if people are just being nice because i been studying real stuff and my eyes see's it as something else

what are you trying to learn

drawing has very little real world application. Most artists end up being very similar to camwhores whoring out for money or being slapped next to advertisements

>everyone else relating their experiences to video games
>"hurr durr can me draw andime?"
>point out that he forgot to mention anything Yea Forums related
>"UHHHHHHHH B-BOARD CULTURE"
Okay.

So report or ignore. Bitching about anime isn't Yea Forums. This whole thread is only tangentially related to Yea Forums anyway, and most of the discussion ITT is even less so.

>I'm shitposting

Fuck off faggot, it's board culture. Post more "dilate" and "seethe" and "cope" replies in your /vpol/ threads and let the big boys talk about real world stuff, mmmkay?

>Bitching about anime isn't Yea Forums.
it actually is since it's inception
moot even had to censor wapanese because a bunch of posters were making fun of him

Thanks, and I've watched a good number of Proko's figure drawing videos. I haven't watched some of the later ones like shading yet because I figure I need to focus on being able to draw things that look vaguely human first. And I'm not the guy who posted that picture. I'll try anime style eventually, but there's a lot of drawing styles I want to try, but I'm focusing on learning to draw at least somewhat realistically first. As for what I'm trying to learn, I'm just trying to learn to draw decently for myself. I don't have any particular career goals related to drawing or anything.

I've done both.

It's an alright side hustle if you don't mind drawing smut. I don't want to believe adults getting into drawing actually think they're going to be able to live off of it. Now painting on the other hand is alright money, I hear.

There's a lot of reasons I could use both real and fraud to excuse never learning a skill. Like being too lazy. Having a disturbing environment. Not feeling any connection to the future. Not getting any joy from doing work or succeeding at something. Being depressed. Never having developed a skill before. Only knowing stagnating people who make fun of any advance. Not having the right mindset. Having no passion. Being exhausted by work.

You see where this is going? I'm just fundamentally the wrong human archetype to do something like that, and I've accepted that.

Attached: 1562679048332.png (695x900, 622K)

>moot even had to censor wapanese because a bunch of posters were making fun of him

I forgot about that. What did it change to again? All I can remember is harbl.

Drawing isn’t a skill. Its something attention whores do to seek attention. It’s like jacking off but instead of jacking off inside a sock, you jack off on the paper.

>Bitching about anime isn't Yea Forums.
I was on your side until you forgot Yea Forums existed.
>This whole thread is only tangentially related to Yea Forums anyway, and most of the discussion ITT is even less so.
And?

Attached: 1551298811968.png (784x744, 1.05M)

>when you could have been learning a skill
I have been learning a skill (programming) instead of playing video games and now I have to spend even more time polishing this skill just to stay relevant. I think I just chose a wrong skill to master.

>'m just fundamentally the wrong human archetype to do something like that, and I've accepted that.
Me too except I am still struggling with the fact that I'll never do anything. I'm sure I'll roll over and take it eventually.

>I was on your side until you forgot Yea Forums existed.
You know damn well that's not what I meant.
>And?
Read the post I was replying to.

No, I have tried to learn a good variety of skills and found myself unskilled at them.

>when someone's art gets worse over time

You a bitch. That’s what you are. You haven’t monetized you’re skill yet? Yup bitch confirmed.

>I'm le sad
What a shitty reason to not learn a trade.

>t. loser coping with the fact that he has no creative skills to speak of

SOUL / SOULLESS

I hate the soul vs soulless meme but this feels like the definition of that. He's obviously improved some techniques in the later image but overall he's shifted focus so much to the realism aspect that he's lost the cool kind of exagerrations the original art did. Plus I much prefer the general artstyle he uses for the face, and the texture/scratches on the armour are better in the first.

Old one looks more stylized and unique, new looks generic

I COPE PLAYING VIDEOGAMES WHIT LEARNING USELFULL AND INTERESTING SKILLS, BEWARE

Attached: 1554581876581.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Drawing isn’t a trade, it’s a luxury you stupid cunt.

>soul vs soulless

My point is that even though the thread isn't just about vidya, plenty other people ITT bothered to at least keep things remotely on topic.

Old one looks like toxic masculine 80s shit, new one actually looks cool and the boi is cuter.

I would say so.

Drawing blackpill: you have to draw a lot. A fucking lot. A whole fucking lot. Like, 3-6 hours a day for a few years. If the pysical drawing process is grueling for you you will have a bad time. You have to have fun with it. Also, never delay what you are trying to do as your end result. If you want to draw shitting dick nipples draw it from day one. Be proud of it. Study, be open to critique, think about incremental pragmatic ways to slowly improve a piece, but make sure you're also drawing what you want to.
If you want to make some bootyclap neurotrap music fucking make it. Make the dankest shit you can muster. /ic/ makes it seem like you have to grind Mozart music theory first before you're allowed to have fun.

As soon as you turn a hobby into a job all the joy is sucked away, why would you want to lose the things that make you happy

>yes drawing bad anime drawings has given me a meaningful career or at least one that pays well
>i'm so important because i spent my time learning how to draw instead of going to college or even trade school

Left: action star who actually looks like he uses his weapons expertly.
Right: Korean twink cosplaying and is trying to do a Blue Steel face

Why are anons so mad about others drawing/wanting to draw?

Attached: c41111c57147df7e29b7a658ff0080a4b0fc068d06ecbb530bf16c3e06395bce.jpg (242x255, 9K)

you may be right
thanks for cheering up, have a good day

Attached: 1545327036457.png (553x345, 131K)

u mad? Just pick up a creative hobby bro, it's not too late. Even Dobson has a following.

>Learning a skill.

Yeah because I was not 12 in 2013 or the fact I don't have the vision for artistic talent. Art does not make money or in most cases is not appreciated.

Attached: 1500240727322.jpg (640x632, 93K)

I haven’t played much video games lately. I’ve been playing around with micro controllers and electronics. The skills I acquired while playing around with hardware, opened doors for me, I have a higher paying job, And in general I’m happier.

I’ve got more bang for my buck putting time practicing engineering than I ever did practicing art. With art only a very few talented people can make something out of their efforts. The rest practice and practice and come up with shit. Talent is everything in art.

Yes. I regret it daily

Attached: worseastimegoeson.jpg (3000x1809, 1.52M)

>plenty other people ITT bothered to at least keep things remotely on topic
And plenty of others didn't, yet he wanted to single out the person posting anime purely out of spite for animefags and not out of any genuine concern for whether or not things are Yea Forumsrelated.

Crabs in a bucket. They hate seeing others try something because it reminds them that they have no excuse for their own laziness.

God damn you sound jealouse. End yourself.

We need to go thiccer

Geez, all this talk about drawing made me feel the itch to draw something again, the problem with me is, i just don't know what to draw though.
Am kinda tired of drawing tits and stuff and i should be practicing anatomy like a good boy but that shit is fucking gay.

Attached: 1562141869596.png (128x128, 21K)

Nope. Also playing video games? More like shitposting in mongoloid throat singing forum

Have sex

Draw hats. You can attach girl heads to the hats if you want.

Attached: 1560121777055.jpg (1000x1000, 247K)

>no creative skills to speak of

Attached: GAME - Copy.jpg (534x512, 57K)

Don't care enough about living to dedicate myself to anything.

Nope, trolling/flamewars takes skills not shitposting. Shitposting is for braindead shitskins. It really doesn’t takes any effort whatsover.

>but that shit is fucking gay
Ur fuckin gay m8, also I love you and I believe in your efforts to become a better drawman

draw bigger tits

Practice drawing fat girl anatomy

Attached: 2b62da8191eb7dcccdd3d7e24d318b6938a7c259c2e79ba5b1174d0858c1425e.png (392x197, 40K)

>start to feel this way
>start putting time into making in-depth reviews of games
>feel better not just about playing them, but about life in general
Feels good man.
Even if my reviews never get popular, I still enjoy doing them.

Attached: 1494717512258.gif (191x184, 250K)

well if you just want money then just drawing tits is fine, it's obviously working for lots of people these days. not like your average customer will be able to see the mistakes or even care when they're thinking with their other head
learning/practicing is for you

>hikkineet
>have a bunch of things I want to learn
>spend all day watching jewtube instead

Attached: lying down to die.gif (500x269, 749K)

Not him, but I feel like the only person who wants to draw lewd shit just to draw lewd shit and not to make money these days. I actually began with wanting to draw stuff that'd fit into any classic horror setting, but when I started practicing I figured I better save that for when I'm better and I got the itch to draw sexy girls anyway. Just need to actually not be shit now.

I really, really wish I learned to draw when I was a NEET. I was a NEET for years and I taught myself Japanese in that time, but I wish I'd taught myself to draw before I did that.

loomis is a dumb meme
draw what you want

I literally feel like shit if I sit down for more than an hour now because I know I could be working on something. The worse part is I begin to zone out after a while and I get sleepy and just feel worse. It's like some horrible fucking cycle.

Attached: 1561502577856.jpg (712x713, 47K)

Attached: 1561828391493.jpg (292x868, 87K)

Based

Soul vs Soulfull

>have a bunch of things I want to learn
>too much of an ADHD riddled brainlet to ever accomplish much
There's so much I would strive to do. I would take all you faggots if I could just to be smart.

Attached: 1400459674603.jpg (1058x705, 100K)

tips on how not to improve

Yes, I do. I'm a NEET of 7 years now. And I've accomplished nothing. Done nothing. My life is a fucking waste. Why the fuck am I even alive?

I know that can be rough. Similar thing happened to me. Almost gave it but glad I didn't. Found new friends and a couple years later I'm in a new group that's motivated and better. Best of luck user.

its a tip on how not to fucking hate drawing

Not really. I play guitar a lot during those weird (but luckily short) phases where gaming feels completely dead, but if developing skills was more fun than video games for me I'd be doing that instead. The skills I make my living with I developed kind of as a by-product of my love of gaming, so no regrets at all. I think most people who are absorbed in gaming could never settle on exactly what they wanted to be or do growing up and that would be the case even if games didn't exist.

It's a hobby, though. With some games, like fightans, it works just like learning an instrument

>there are people here that dont recognize the potential in being a drawfag

one of good friends is a furry and he legit pays good money to have some artist draw him up as his fursona. apparently the commission potential is really high if you market towards furries. that would be my own regret if i had any interesting drawing: that i couldnt improve enough to draw some furfag's fantasy porn comic for several hundred bucks

The pic made it more blatant.

I'm sure a lot of them started that way, just wanting to draw whatever fetish they fancied. It's just easy to get noticed these days because of social media and people are pretty willing to pay for entertainment. Just look at twitch, patreon, etc. Some continue to improve while others settle.
Although because of how easy it is. that can make it harder to stand out since there's so many people doing the same thing now. Just look at what happens when a new "waifu" of the month appears.

I wasted my life working on a bunch of hobbies no one cared (I lived around rednecks) about like painting and metalworking while playing games. Years later, I moved into the city and found out that there are a bunch of weird girls who are willing to fuck if you are able to draw or do something with metal. I am obviously simplifying it, but you should definitely do literally anything else on top of wasting your time role-playing your waifu.

Based

thanks for this video user, i enjoyed it

must suck having such terrible talent that you can't even imagine becoming skilled at video games, or such narrow horizons that you have never seen skillful gameplay become art

Yeah that's true. I just don't have that sort of personality I guess. I could abuse Patreon for other things like people do now, but I'm just not that money hungry. It helps that I hate feeling obligated to do things.

Did you train everyday? I'm kinda lost and Yea Forums isn't helping

Attached: 1559122805471.gif (384x108, 13K)

I regret every day I exist.

Attached: 1486666789061.jpg (696x931, 148K)

>Even if my reviews never get popular, I still enjoy doing them.
You'll feel this way at first, but as time goes on and they're still rock bottom unpopular you'll realize you never had a talent for it and that you wasted your time on it and become depressed. I would know, I was like you once.

We need more people like you son

Attached: 1563047206021.png (850x653, 78K)

>anime girl
>Nike
>Supreme
>Hello Kitty

What's with artist's who do this shallow corporate shilling?

Attached: 1407179820803.png (302x187, 98K)

If you hate learning how to draw then you hate drawing.

What if you don't mind the learning but you hate the actual event of streaking lines across a page to make fancy scribbles?

maybe try changing your life retard

>weird (but luckily short) phases where gaming feels completely dead
I wouldn't call 12 years a "short phase."

>MUH INTELLIGENCE
>MUH SKILLS
>BLABLOOLARAPARABLABHARBL

nailed it

Attached: jordan.jpg (1488x2048, 466K)

literally You need to transition from male to female to be an expert at gameplay and video games are not art.

I wasn't meaning the state of gaming, but that feeling when you suddenly lose all interest in games, even shit you were in the middle of enjoying.

I am what I am and that's all that I am.

different guy here. i randomly wrote half baked 1-2 liner reviews for a while and had indie game devs respond with shit like changing their twitter profile background to a screenshot of my review or literally name their website the contents of my review. was amusing enough to make it all worthwhile

I haven't seen that gif in forever.

WHAT THE FUCK

Make music for your own sake, you don't need a band to put music together. I put this together on my own with just a shitty pre amp, FL10, and a guitar
vocaroo.com/i/s1SsKjv4Gxo0
Imagine what you can do with better gear and tons of dedication. Continue playing guitar, user.

Not really. I want to contribute as little as possible. I see the goals and desires of most normies as pure evil and pointless consumption. I pirate everything. I exploit what I can to ruin others experiences. I don't watch TV and pirate all movies. I spend as little as possible and don't really care. I have zero debt and zero regrets. Somehow I still managed to get laid by girls who think they can fix a broken man. They just don't know it's by choice.

My daily neet routine :
>Wake up
>Decide that today is the day where i'll work on personal projects that have made me happy in the past
>Get nervous and keep thinking about what would happen if i fail
>Play games all day
>Feel like a complete failiure when i lay down to sleep
Every fucking day

Oh, man, I didn't really got much into theory so I can't really help you there, but you may start finding a metronome even online and start doing chromatic scales and such with alternate picking.
Pull on and off, sweep picking if you're into that kind of stuff.

>pic related

Attached: 1548737328901.gif (720x404, 3.83M)

Attached: 1490041905564.png (540x784, 186K)

No, I regret spending all that time working when I could be enjoying myself.

>spend years practicing drawing
>no matter how much progress I make I still get pissed off constantly.
>every tiny flaw drives me up the fucking wall
>decide to give music a try since listening music has always been a huge hobby of mine
>learn to make generic breakcore and drum 'n bass
>have plenty of synth hardware and make lots of ambient/drone music
>always have fun toying with that stuff while idling in some games in the background. even if it ends up being shit I don't end up frustrated.

I don't know what it is with drawing but even after 12 years it never stopped feeling like self torture.

>endlessly rehashing visual aesthetics that are now 40 years old

yeah, nah, get fucked m8

So he went from anime fan to guy who does chinese rip off web game art

Music is just fun to mess around with. It feels more subjective than a drawing. A problem with the audio like "this instrument is too loud" or "those aren't in the same key so it sounds messy" is easily fixed.

>Mother can draw well
>Father is an artist god
>Sister can draw all sorts of cute doodles
>Meanwhile i can't put fucking anything from my mind on paper, even stick figures become horrible aberrations
Have genetics failed me or was this never genetic to begin with

What visual aesthetics aren't old by this point? Even CGI is over two decades old by now.

>I don't know what it is with drawing but even after 12 years it never stopped feeling like self torture.

I'm just an absolute beginner, but that's how it feels to me. I make so many fuck ups and when I think I've done something as simple as drawing the framework of the body decently, I take a closer look and realize that there's all kinds of awful mistakes.

>be me
>literally 30 minutes ago
>see this thread
>decide to draw something
>do pretty good
>not the best but I like it
>not really good but by my standards it's really nice
>happy with myself for at least doing something productive today
I guess it depends on the person. I could probably get into music stuff but I don't have any instruments except for a broken guitar that I can't find the amp for, and I wouldn't know what program to download either.

you can't even read... so what do you know about art?

>consider writing
>not interested enough to do it instead of other things
>heard it's terrible to get into for money
>keep watching TV and playing vidya instead
Oh well

Attached: 1535066041105.jpg (384x484, 19K)

It's because youre using your daw as a scratchpad. Since music is abstract it is a lot easier to have fun with. There's a lot less need to be "correct" and its not as shameful to hide behind muh style than art. I think art can be just as fun if you loosen up and use a canvas to explore possibilities. It is weird though, most days lately I find making music a lot more fun and fulfilling than drawing too.

also you should reflect on your unhealthy obsession with gender transitions

if everyone would just stop sucking dick we could maybe move on from something for once.

Anyone else got some ideas for webcomics?

if i could draw I'd love to make a cape shit with an extreme emphasis on body horror and mutations. Like, every super human is monstrous freak with unique organs and biology to allow them to do weird shit, but overall it would be a low tier power level thing. So a smelly homeless man with a deformed wrists that can puff out methane, a guy with a conductive felt/skin/leather all over his body, a bug girl, someone with 5D biology but a 4D brain. Animals could get the super disease as well. The big bad would basicly just be a "perfect human being" 400 iq super commando.

Attached: doctor-doom.jpg (833x428, 102K)

literal brainlet holy shit

Dozens. More ideas than one could webcomic in a lifetime.

Attached: f788b279ed7ccebdd89b8b1e00c689686d97d77a9ab725edd229cd15b1469113.jpg (835x487, 69K)

>Usually can be pretty happy with my sketches
>Always hate how they end up after being coloured
>Recently try turning one piece of character art into a pixel art style for fun
>Like how it looks a lot better than it does at full style.
I guess the smaller size does away with all the room for error, but it really makes me wish I knew what to do to improve my rendering technique. I feel like I'm being let down by weaknesses in some aspects, while other aspects are just fine, for now.
On the other hand maybe I should study pixel art more, I also feel like it might suit me better.
Ultimately art is hard and trying to figure out how to improve is paralyzing.

If Grant Morrison hasn't made something like that already, he surely will

it is shameful. it's very shameful. good musicians despise that shit and it actually hurts them much more than it does visual artists. why? because collaboration is much more prevalent.

i got bored, was listening to Too Cool For School. can i go to sleep now?

Attached: too cool for school.jpg (506x900, 218K)

Now I'm motivated!

Attached: 1545918947052.gif (420x360, 1.67M)

Not very, video games are usually fun and I've accepted being a dekinai

>Draw all day every day as a child
>Become teenager, get job, buy games consoles
>Stop drawing
>Attempt drawing again in my 20s, depression and anxiety ( classic ) make me hate my output.
>'If I draw, it'll be bad, so the only way to not be bad is to not draw'
>Lots of counselling in late 20s
>Start drawing again, even if I'm so bad I'm embarrassed for myself
>Go to /tg/ drawthreads because it gives me something to draw so I don't need to feel self conscious about content
>Begin to have fun drawing and join some fun communities
>Start enjoying drawing to the point where I hate not doing it
>Try my hand at short comics (

Attached: 6230a01b-9682-48ac-8a02-e18b3036d160.png (772x1422, 2.2M)

I have an entire cast of characters for a stupid battle shounen manga documented on my pc. I have profiles to them, i have their powers, minor specifications, lines, backstory, the way they dress, everything written down. I just don't know how to draw so they all feel like they're stuck in my brain with nowhere to go. Its all probably shit anyway.

nice art user

No rest.

Is this your drawing user? I like it!

Write a LN instead. Writing has a lower barrier of entry, so there's no excuse.

You've got some nice art too user

you know that popular phrase, "sleep is for a wink"? just blink more frequently and it's like the same thing basically kinda

Starting something is still better than starting nothing.

Attached: vqnhaxbaitw11.png (1469x887, 1021K)

What these two said. It's suprising how popular webnovels and webmanga/webcomics can be, standards are much lower as well.
That said it seems to be more prominent as a nip thing so learning and writing in moon might help.

I've picked up a lot of other "skills" when I would get bored of video games

>photography (had a Nikon D5300, sold it and later went back with a Canon SL2
>video editing
>automotive
>electronics
>3d printing
>autocad/fusion 360
>3d modeling with maya/blender
>firearms
>music mixing
>photoshop
>machining (this ones new)
>woodwork
>singing/voice acting (though I'm shit at it)
I usually just get bored of some games and then pick up a hobby to learn.

but you also need no excuse to write hot garbage so don't listen to this guy. bad practice makes bad-perfect: the inverted pinnacle of bad that ends on the floor of the abyss. writing also affects your thoughts outside of it, so you may cause minor to moderate brain disorders. i don't know why young people aren't warned about these things more often.

Thank you, kind Anons.

I guess one thing I would advise is to start small. I remember when I started to try drawing again I planned a 12 issue comic and drawing up full casts of other ideas etc and it totally broke me because it was such hard work. I couldn't complete anything and it left me feeling like a real failure.

What I found was much more sustainable was just doing one drawing, then moving on to something else, similar with short comics. I've started at just a few pages and I'm planning to work my way up each time.

That way you get the joy of seeing results and you don't bog yourself down in a mire of effort that can be really demoralising.

Small acorns, mighty oaks etc.

Attached: IMG_20190708_210001~2.jpg (4032x1823, 1.52M)

>have loads of original ideas
>plan out numerous stories
>they could work as books, comics, or movies depending on how their length is cut
>post on /tg/ all the time and get feedback ranging from positive to amazed
>get great feedback from table top rpgs I've participated in as a player and be begged to gm various systems
>talk with people involved in creative industries and get the same responses
>realize I am not a good enough writer to achieve my goals with the stories I have concocted
>don't even know how I would approach some of the more complicated subjects that are currently beyond the realm of science
>realize I'd have to devote years to becoming a better writer and this would mean writing trash
>realize I'd have to study hundreds of topics if I want to my stories be polished, have depth, and hit their marks
>don't act on anything but keep thinking about little tweaks I could make to my stories
Its just as bad as when hear completely original music in my head, usually before I sleep (a trait common to many famous musicians), but know that I can't write sheets and will forget everything in a few days.

Attached: 1436582040692.png (162x191, 57K)

>entry level position: 5 years of experience required

Attached: 1448139371045.jpg (500x563, 57K)

is this dude trying to tell me that writing can give you brain damage

That's pretty reductionist.

You can't be good at something if you never try it make the effort to learn ( trying and failing being an excellent learning method ) so just saying 'yeah, but you might be shit and give yourself brain damage (???)' isn't going to help anyone accomplish anything.

i didn't say damage. you can think of it that way if you want, but you don't need you to rewrite what i said. it's already right there.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't try, but that you shouldn't look for the worst examples of writing and try to "start there" just because you might succeed in writing another dogshit light novel. have standards.

This is going to sound pretty hackneyed but it's
solid advice: 'Perfect is the enemy of good'.

There's no such thing as a perfect work. Even something you see as perfect from the outside is riddled with flaws that the artist is more than aware of.

If you don't produce anything then your ideas are for naught. If you make something and it's bad then seize on the good aspects and work on the bad. When you make something good then you know you've improved and you can do better.

Yes but then I remember I'm a retard with 0 willpower so vidya are pretty much the only thing I can put up with

More or less how I see it too, except I don't even have (m)any ideas. I wrote several shitty paragraphs for something a few months ago and haven't felt much like touching it since because I know it'll be crap. I get the fallacy that I've let myself get trapped in, but my motivation to push out of it is virtually nonexistent.

>i know how to cook, sew, and use shit like photoshop and indesign
>couldn't care less about wasting my time playing vidya
Spending hours in front of the tv watching Game of Thrones won't teach you anything either buddy.

>Do you ever regret spending all that time sitting in front of a screen playing video games when you could have been learning a skill?
Ever? Try "constantly".

I'm pushing 30 and because my brain has matured, due to reduced neuroplasticity, I'm cackhanded at anything I try.
It feels hopeless to try when 'average' is now something I have to aspire to.

In English doc

Apparently learning Latin can make you smarter. Try it out, plebs.
youtube.com/watch?v=DmBahbIkkB4

chaharrah.tv/chaharrah-depot/arthouse/latin-attachments/latin-book.pdf
Just give this book a quick read.

Attached: 1542974908045.png (1400x1000, 831K)

He's become dum-dum

Is progress like that possible self-taught? Feels like every instance I see of people becoming great at drawing is if they went to school or had a fantastic tutor

Being self-taught feels like it's taking 10x longer than it should

His post is pretty clear.

i quit playing video games, am engaged, started growing a garden and studying botany and horticulture, bought a guitar and started learning music theory, studied electronics and circuitry, physics and mathematics, studying art and how to draw so i could paint, studied ichthyology and started fishing because I live in Florida and right on the coast, i work out and eat healthy, i don't do drugs or drink and I've been reading and writing poetry for 10 years and i still wish i was never born. sometimes it feels genetic.

I tried doing art in school but wasn't very good at it so I didn't pick it up as a GCSE.

Attached: 3JqMafL.jpg (5184x3880, 3.24M)

>implying I don't have a bunch of garbage recorded in traktor and ableton live.

Attached: 1546054723232.gif (300x275, 1.37M)

Thanks

>I live in Florida
found your problem

>Apparently learning Latin can make you smarter.
>Apparently learning something can make you smarter
>Apparently

Attached: IMG_20180118_184231.jpg (479x349, 43K)

As a baby your brain forms new synapses at a tremendous rate, which is how you learn so quickly. It slows down a lot as you hit adolescence and then adulthood, but by the time you hit 25 it completely stops growing.
After this point you can still retain new information, but only by remodeling existing synapses which is vastly less efficient.

Learning as an adult is therefore an exercise in futility. If you try to pick up a new skill, especially if there's a physical component like learning an instrument, you will never be great at it. Yes, with enough work you can gain proficiency in a new language or whatever, but you'll be investing 10x the effort that a kid might have to, and you're dealing with the constraints on personal leisure time that come with being an adult.

I feel like my sense of time is off. Most people seem to think theres no point in trying when they won't have mastered a skill in 5 or 6 years but I don't mind if it will take a few decades, I still have a solid 50 or 60 to live and if I start now then by the time half my life is over I should have mastered any skills I choose to start learning now.

I learned Latin in high school and I am pretty dumb desu

Why do you feel the need to spread misinformation like this

>but by the time you hit 25 it completely stops growing.
Thats like saying you literally cannot form new memories after the age of 25

He already said he was retarded

>pick up a guitar
>buy rocksmith
>get to play videogames AND learn a skill
problem solved

Attached: 1562627792313.jpg (500x432, 35K)

yes. that is why i also put some of my time into art. i can also play drums

>playing video games
I dont know but most of us just shitpost about videogames, nobody actually plays them

and no, I got a job, got good at it, still plays the guitar and go out with girls

kino

fuck reddit ()

drawing isnt pointless at all
/ic/ is just full of failed artist who got in debt going to art school and learned nothing because they never practiced

how the fuck do i color and shade artchads

Attached: 1516492431574.gif (370x300, 177K)

it's easy to feel like the world is dark when you have glued sunglasses to your face

Does passion come with practice?

I'm doing both. It barely seems to matter though, all you're doing is replacing one type of bullshit with another. No matter what I'm still filled with regret.

No, the opposite

If anyone thinks soul/soulless isn't a thing i will always refer to this image

>Can draw characters pretty well from flat profile views
>Can't draw them in different perspectives
>Can't shade properly the way I want to (I wanna have that cool black shading that 60s-90s comics used)
>Can't draw landscapes or gothic buildings or any building for that matter
>Can't draw weapons like guns, swords, etc
>Can't draw hands
>Drew stylised since I was a kid and never learned to draw realism or learn Loomis
What do?

Attached: Yang Wenli feels panic stricken.jpg (960x720, 84K)

left: 80's anime OVA absolute chad protag who blasts DANGEROUS MOST DANGEROUS wherever he goes, cool artstyle
right: some lame-ass character from a korean mmo or something, painfully generic "realistic" style

fpbp

Learn realism. You need to know the rules before you break them.

True, but where do I start? I get Loomis is a good starting point for figures but what about buildings and architecture, or weaponry like guns and stuff?

it often does. there is too much that can be said as for why, or how, but I'll give an idea to contemplate.
practice doesn't only relate to output, but also the way that you see all things; and your connections with your peers.

they both happen, so you're half wrong. 1: you need to learn healthy ways to deal with failure, setbacks, and the resulting frustration. 2: you need to look for ways to practice that are the most rewarding for you, while also minding your ability to handle the stuff in #1.

A lot of the "rules" overlap for those sorts of things. A lot of Loomis is "break complicated stuff down into simpler shapes first". For buildings/architecture you will want to study perspective and the multiple different types it can fall under (one-point, two-point, etc.) Drawing takes years and years, I started in 2015 and I'm only just starting to really get good. On average I did about 4 hours of practice every day, it takes a ton of bullshit grinding so you need to be ready for the long haul.

if you cant draw something then practice drawing it
you're not going to magically get better by not practicing
cant draw hands?
draw hands until you learn

I quit playing vidya and learned to speak Japanese. It only took about three years.

Do it,become an artist and leave this shithole before its to late

No. But you can force passion with enough will

>Its just as bad as when hear completely original music in my head, usually before I sleep (a trait common to many famous musicians), but know that I can't write sheets and will forget everything in a few days.
Are you me

Attached: justt.jpg (852x532, 48K)

realism is a myth. that's already a genuine actual REAL piece of paper you're drawing on. every line is you draw is also real as fuck. imagine where you plan to leave your art. that's the hinge of the dao of art.

How to acquire will?

i have a cast of characters and a concept ready. im just working on how a majority of the story is gona play out

can you think of a way to do it? stand in the way and look for the will.

I have been drawing since I am 8
Why am I the only one who didn't make that BAAAAAAAAM change? I still draw like I drew when I was 15
Why the fuck can't I gid gut?

Attached: IMG_20190414_162324.jpg (2448x5120, 1.36M)

Get a waifu

>>realize I'd have to devote years to becoming a better writer and this would mean writing trash
this is the belly of the beast
when you decide too late you want to produce something and know everything you make will be trash, which you find irrationally embarrassing for being so old now
for some reason you didn't capitalize on it in your youth when you ignorant of how much garbage you were spewing and now you have to be conscious of the fact that you're doing amateur work when a lot of the other creators you admire are both younger and better than you because they didn't hesitate
I need to find a way to unlock sicko mode without resorting to drugs

Attached: 1560700258047.jpg (640x481, 38K)

You either aren't practicing enough or are dwelling in complacency and never leaving your comfort zone.
Try picking up a few books on drawing techniques, or trying to draw stuff you aren't used to. Practice for at least an hour a day bare minimum, if you don't already.

Nah man I didn't even start training since 2013. Frequent drawled here and then but seen no progress is really down pulling.
I chant dynamic poses or let even good proportioned faces
I have 3 anime drawing books

>when you don't do something because you would waste time you're gonna spend shitposting or watching shitty YouTube video

Attached: 1501540964948.png (1022x731, 643K)

>I have 3 anime drawing books

Attached: 1511560241529.png (500x500, 106K)

this is what happens when you spend 11 years learning how to use photoshop instead of learning how to draw

of course
you'd be surprised at how many people are completely inept at cooking

But drawing is hard. I picked up AHK, JavaScript/ExtendScript, Python, C# and now C++ for the past 3 years and I've been doodling big asses and boobs since my teenage years. I've developed plugins for After Effects now and I still can't get past doodling and sketching.

>Jack.webm

>tfw I've spent way too much time here over the last 8 years

I need to spend less time here.

Been wanting to draw for 10 years now.
I can't get myself to do anything with it and avoid it like it's housework whenever I say I will do some.
I want to just stop caring about it but I can't.

But what if you miss something?

He traced the old one anyway, unless it's the actual artist or something. I had a "how to draw manga" book that had that exact person and pose.

I feel like I keep seeing the same stuff on here over and over these days.

The only thing I regret is all the time I’ve wasted shitposting in this shithole

Could you live without knowing about that girl selling her bathwater or why people play female characters?

Yes,but at the end we all gonna die.

>tfw 22yr depressed neet no friends no hobbies no gf no future
imagine if i had motivation to even pick a hobby but no

Attached: 1560189101190.png (534x534, 370K)

We're getting the band back together dude!

Just smoke weed dude

No because I'm not a brainlet and I only needed 2 years to reach this level, not 6, holy shit.

The thing about me is that I only gained interest in things other than video games at the age of 20.

I'd like to play drums some day, but you have to start at at least 10 or it's pointless.

>Have tons of ideas for fight choreography and action scene stuff
>Autistically mime out and think of different ways to shoot a cool fight from hand to hand to sword and knife fights to John Wick style gun fights
I spend all day thinking about this shit but I have severe ADD and I can't commit to learning something like blender or SFM to try and make them a reality.
I want to make all sorts of cool fight scenes ranging from lightsaber fights to halo shit like the old RvB stuff Monty Oum did but I just cant seem to start it. The thought of having to figure out one of these programs then painstakingly animating it to my vision just turns me off right away.

Attached: 1529980388135.jpg (600x450, 22K)

fpbp

This quote still rings true to me.

Attached: 12837462394729834.gif (471x363, 980K)

>I'd like to play drums some day, but you have to start at at least 10 or it's pointless.
?

He thinks that it's impossible to learn after a certain age.

>22
>depressed about anything
It's laughable, try being 32 with an average salary and no notable achievements whatsoever when people around you are turning into millionaires

Holy shit the amount of faggotry in this thread
If you wanna draw, draw
If you wanna play games, play games
Nobody else's opinion matters at all

I learned English through vidya and I'm making a living off of it now, so I'm good.

Semi-reatart here, where do I start when learning art? I understand that there's constant practice, but I gotta develop proper technique first from somewhere, right? Practicing the wrong things would get me nowhere.
Skimming the thread, I see talks of books by "Loomis" and "Hampton," are those authors I should start with?

Attached: 1563041654821.jpg (350x500, 25K)

i have no talent whatsoever i already tried art i suck cock at it all i can is draw lines

>Do you ever regret spending all that time sitting in front of a screen playing video games when you could have been learning a skill?
But I do have several skills.
Self defense and coding primarily.

I started drawing in 2017 and I still can't draw, but not only that, I can't draw without reference

Attached: 1559403564810.png (1154x857, 182K)

I can't even write properly

You just did

What if I were learning a skill and using video games as a way to unwind and recharge before I go back to tackling mastery of that skill the next day?

FUCKING CHAD POST

Then obviously the question doesn't apply to you

i meant physically on paper

No because i can already draw good and play games like a pro.
A balance in life is easy to get.

Attached: 1465494820241.jpg (640x480, 29K)

based

There is no such thing as wasted time.

One of my friends from college is a high-level exec at a tech firm. Man makes more money in a year than I make in 20. Been to all of the continents (maybe not Antarctica) and has shaken the hands of some pretty powerful people.

He looks awful. I've always looked young for my age but I could pass for his son at this point. The doc has told him he needs to retire and take it easy for the rest of his life. Nope. He got to where he was because he was super-driven and he's paying the price for it. He'll be dead before the age of 50.

Meanwhile, I play vidya, have a dead-end desk jockey job and look young enough to walk on college campuses and be mistaken for a senior (seriously, that happened to me last year) and I'm 44.

Like calligraphy?

Videogames are a fun way to spend time, you can easily balance that with other things. Somthing that requires minimal investment for the ability to learn idenfinately like guitar or programming are great examples and came be done without leaving your le epic gamer chair

Attached: 1555249517511.jpg (480x480, 24K)