Fire emblem

been playing this game recently on hard mode, mad me remember that fire emblem has some great games

Attached: goodassgame.jpg (1280x720, 270K)

Archers are the best in this game

Attached: 1532715099853.gif (256x240, 748K)

actually bonkers dude, havent had this much fun since radiant dawn

Cantors and witches can suck my nuts.

Celica doesn't shave

Attached: 1528975479823.gif (560x372, 285K)

I miss hidari, lads.

Good God, I can only hope. Imagine diving into that red muff.

Wait till you forge some killer bows

Attached: 1531612381290.jpg (690x800, 128K)

It really did feel like a game that let you feel good about yourself after the layered tactics and stats the series had grown in to.

i forged one so far, basically a free kill on anyone

when i first heard about mila's turnwheel thought no way imma use that shit, but god damn I love not restarting levels

ive yet to try post game, how is it

Blatantly copypasted dungeon floor layouts, with enemy encounters scaling from "free exp" on floor 1 to "literally impossible" on floor 8. The boss is disappointingly weak, but it's worth it for the rerecorded version of Monstrosity from Awakening.
After about the halfway point the generic enemies start having max HP ranging from around 80 to 115.

It's a good challenge, the enemies get beefy enough that you might have to grind

Attached: 1550452388890.png (256x256, 39K)

damn monstrocity was such a good song, but never got to actually listen to it in Awakening cuz the boss was weak sauce

Yes, I too love games full of wide-open routefests and maps that include generic open fields and deserts/swamps where you get bombarded by cantors.

Yeah, I loved how the Bows actually had some great range. It made them really feel like Archers for once and worth using.

I liked that they actually countered mages instead of trading 25s like they do in modern FE.

>mad me remember that fire emblem has some great games
How mad exactly?

I also liked that Magic users learn their own unique set of spells as opposed to set tomes. Using HP to cast was a bit harsh, but it never seemed too unfair and it let magic users level up really easily with staves.

Apparently Three Houses does spell learning rather than tomes, which should be interesting.

This game is really great, but god damn those maps are pretty boring.

I enjoyed it a lot, a good meaty sized dungeon with an interesting story and a cool finale.
Reran it enough times to get all 3 Valentian Regalia. Remember, if you ever get any rusted weapon from killing an enemy, or a lot from breaking low floor pots/boxes, then exit before the boss if you think you can't beat it. The rusty weapons can be some good shit.

That's hardcore dedication bro those have less then a %1 of showing up

Attached: 1547047275411.png (679x506, 321K)

Echoes is a fun video game despite the bad maps and sometimes tedious objectives.

Attached: toot.jpg (1200x779, 138K)

Indeed, but I enjoyed it so much that it wasn't really too bad. I got a lot of other goodies from the runs, even managed the 30 Gold coins medal here. Never got Blitzkrieg though.
One dropped from a fiend, I think the Luna bow? I was shocked when I actually got the thing. The other two were from box/pot runs.
Sol is eh, but the Astra is incredible, especially on a dread fighter.

Attached: JustmissingBlitzkrieg.jpg (320x240, 71K)

On my second run of the game I had Luna drop from one of the Fiends in the first Jedah chapter, in the swamp. I had no idea they could drop from ANY fiends, not just the late ones

My contention with the plot was it crapped on Alm being a hero of the people, regardless of old translation or new, his revelation undermines an interesting angle. Also reveals a new one which I admit resulted in fresh asshurt for Berkut.

It's also a plot about how your cute, religious, girlfriend is dumb.

Yeah it's any fiends as far as I know, and for gargoyles it's ones without a certain skill that can. Luna is fun and looks cool for style, but Killer Bow is usually more efficient in the end. Still used it all the time though solely because it looks neat and it can bypass accuracy with the skill as far as I remember.

You remember correctly, its skill gives +500 to hit

I would've been more of a fan of Alm's side if he didn't just roflstomp through the competition despite his lack of experience. He should've suffered some sort of setback, but that can only happen when the player themselves screw up. Meanwhile Celica plot revolves around her naivety leading to failure which is completely unfair.
I don't feel that strongly towards his revelation, I don't think it really undermines his previous accomplishments, and provides enough drama to set forward more plot like Celica's future decisions

Attached: 1547256959250.png (1000x1000, 422K)

Gave it to Kliff. He liked it.
Sol was Matilda's, and Astra was Gray's.

iirc the original translation was that Alm was a warmongerer and Celica was supposed to balance him out but they threw that by the wayside & made Celica retarded

If you start a new file do you lose all your awards? That would suck if so, means that you have to deliberately meet the blitz requirement or you will have a 99% file.

Attached: 1561814053681.png (1400x925, 1.51M)

Alm in Awakening is so jarring if you first played SoV. He basically says to Celica "Shut up wench!" when she tries to propose a peaceful resolution

I guess they changed Alm to be more 'heroic' and good, they were worried his original character wouldn't be well-received even though thematically he's supposed to develop into that - both of them balance each other out which Duma and Mila refused to do

Alm wasn't much of a character at all in Gaiden. He did have some rad one liners though.

I think it's a reminder that Fire Emblem games can be great, even if not all the maps are mazes with gimmicks. The people that say maps are the only redeeming feature aren't really fans of the series, but just bandwagoners that pretend that to have played the games for decades.

I don't think so.