Go on, mister V. Show me how good you really are at puzzles. This game gives you no hints beforehand...

Go on, mister V. Show me how good you really are at puzzles. This game gives you no hints beforehand, it just tells you to restore power and this is the terminal screen.

the sliders on the right control the lights, you have six positions.

Attached: file.png (533x473, 11K)

In what way do the sliders manipulate the lights? Can't figure that shit out staring at a .png, genius.

as if I give a fuck

figure it out

Without any option of experimenting or context to the puzzle:
>If the off state is this state, assume the opposite may be the on state and attempt to reach it.
>If by lights you mean the little rectangles, trying to reach a state where none are lit would imply an on state can be reached.
>If manipulating the levers into the opposite state does not achieve this, find a state that does.

That's it, since I can't fucking tell what happens when you manipulate the levers what changes. I have no idea what the thing on the right is, I assume new information that direct you comes from trial and error and provides a result. If I'm not fucking close, too fucking bad.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 16K)

Further: An alternative solution though I hope not as it hurts my head.
>Three circles above are the same colour as the levels
>Different sizes, and two are partially occluded by the black triangle
>Somehow the colours and sizes may reflect how many of the "lights" should be on. If size isn't everything "half red" is easy, blue has a chunk of it, looks like about a 12th.
>If size does matter I'll need a fucking set square and a notebook, but I'd assume you'd want either the levers (if solution 1 is true) to be at full for yellow, half for red, and at 11/12ths for blue, or the opposite if that doesn't work. If Solution 2 (I.E its all fucking reliant on the lights) manipulate the lights to represent this, so yellow should be full, red should be 3 squares of light, blue should be 5 of six lit.

I fucking hate puzzles.

you can have a hint I found, though I pretty much surmised this without spock telling me

Attached: file.png (641x405, 35K)

I dunno where you're getting twelve from, there's six indicator lights, and the pie is clearly divided into six slices

>No hints
That's a hint, you insufferable piece of shit.

Looks like you already know the answer then you cunt. Clearly divided, clearly fucking divided. I'll bring you into every goddamn fucking math test anyone has had to endure where eyeballing a angle or division of a shape is anything but disgusting.

I retch at you.

Yeah and? Don't be surprised if I don't respect you, all this board does is play super smash brothers and the game of bigotry, whereas I spend my time playing intellectual games like Star Trek.

Attached: torato.png (865x807, 884K)

The answer is in this thread already. Someone needs to sucking down and start studying up.

Maybe Smash is more your speed since you need to ask Yea Forums for help in your puzzle games.

No, actually, I'm kind of stuck, I'll probably just end up trial and erroring it, I don't fucking know, I mean, red is obviously three, but blue could be 5 or 1, and I don't even know what the deal with yellow is.

yeah, I tried your answer, it didn't go.

Also, it's a -6 and +6 sort of slider, so the center position is zero, but the top and bottom position of the slider will both give you 6 lights.

I don't know if that matters

Attached: file.png (613x369, 10K)

So what if I haven't solved the puzzle yet. I will in time, and anyway, I spend most of my time reading intellectual books and not playing dumb video games anyway.

as if I give a fuck

No you simpleton. Look, if you want to try the first solution: Move those levers until you get 0 lighrs on at all on the left for any of them. Or maybe 1? Or the minimum you have turned on, that alone might help eliminate a few options.

Solution two means you want probably the lights at: Full yellow, half red, either 1/6 or 5/6 lights on blue, so you've tried one, now try the other. Try both, and then come fucking back.

>my arguments are so brilliant the only way stupid redditors can hope to defeat me is by using my own words against me

bad news, nincompoop, I'm so smart that I could even beat myself in an argument.

Attached: 7897079.jpg (290x290, 42K)

It is probably true that the only one who will ever get to beat anything of yours is you.

haha I solved it. I am the puzzle master.

it was 1 yellow, one red, and one blue

>puzzle master
>makes thread beforehand and finds answer from someone else
ok user.

I hate puzzles, and you. Congratulations for joining the group.

A good starship captain doesn't waste his time on solving dumb eclipse puzzles, he just delegates it to his cronies like Spock do stuff for him, that's why he has a crew.

Without my leadership, you never would have amounted to anything.

Attached: waifu_piccccard.jpg (791x1000, 139K)

The eclipse has literally nothing to do with it, it's an st.ives puzzle. They provided redundant information when the actual solution was "Do the fucking opposite of off"

I'd make a drumhead reference at this point but find you beyond contempt. Go play your fucking game.

Well done, Ensign, you'll make a fine pupil at Starfleet Academy.

Perhaps you'll even be a captain yourself someday if you gain a little humility.