Tfw no new games with 90s era pre-rendered backgrounds

>tfw no new games with 90s era pre-rendered backgrounds

Attached: H4wUB7N.png (512x448, 233K)

Then just make your own you bitch. My fucking dog can develop a game with prerendered backgrounds, you don't even need a sophisticated engine for it.

man i fucking love ff7

There is no ppint for pre-rendered backgrounds since we can render that in real time now

doesn't have the same feel

Attached: S2gbt41.gif (320x784, 469K)

Attached: fl1M5HY.gif (640x480, 622K)

Does this one count? Pre-rendered FMV backgrounds. The game is Yeli Orog

Attached: yo1.jpg (1440x810, 131K)

Tri-Ace or Tri-Cresendo games were the last soulful JRPGs and you guys didn't buy them.

Attached: Resonance of Fate 2018-10-17 21-58-39-40.jpg (3840x2160, 1.95M)

>My fucking dog can develop a game with prerendered backgrounds

But can he be a good boy?

People said that about Resident Evil but still nothing matches the visual theme of REmake.

Shouldn't we then able to do even higher definition and detailed prerendered backgrounds now?

Of course he can be. If you haven't trained your dog to use basic computer skills, it's worthless and should be put down.

Attached: 28ywvs.jpg (640x480, 375K)

What purpose would they serve today? In 1997, tech was severely limited and pre-rendered backgrounds made a big difference in how the game looked and felt. Now you can have massive open worlds with no loading screens and still maintain cutscene-level visuals throughout.

prerendered backgrounds are peak comfy

>Now you can have massive open worlds with no loading screens and still maintain cutscene-level visuals throughout.
And yet, none have the charm or the staying power from the games that had pre-rendered backgrounds. How unusual.

Having a fixed camera allows you to frame the player's view exactly as you want it

>And yet, none have the charm or the staying power from the games that had pre-rendered backgrounds.

They do, you're just an old jaded fuck incapable of seeing the world past his rose-tinted nostalgia goggles.

I feel like you are confusing your love of fixed cameras with pre-rendered backgrounds, you can have fixed camera with real time graphics and have it look like those older games. It doesn't have to be pre-rendered

>not superior 2d canvas drawing backrounds

Attached: 20170623113556_2.jpg (1920x1080, 428K)

name 1 modern open world game that has as much charm or staying power as FFVII

That's because the games themselves have no soul. That doesn't have anything to do with pre-rendered backgrounds. If FFVII had come out in 2008, it wouldn't have used them and it would have had the same charm.

Then make a fixed isometric camera. Again, that has nothing to do with pre-rendered backgrounds. It's just a necessary viewpoint that comes with the background.

those are awful

>tfw you meet Zack's parents

Attached: ffvii.gif (512x512, 342K)

>you don't even need a sophisticated engine for it
Which engines would that be?

Bravely Default used them out the ass.
It looked alright.

Attached: bravely_default_ff_009.jpg (625x375, 62K)