Metal Gear Solid

How am I supposed to enjoy this game? The gameplay feels very slow and the aiming isn't precise, do people just like it for the story?

Attached: metalgearshitte.jpg (640x750, 68K)

>game

Attached: Stealth game level design.jpg (650x519, 55K)

gameplay is okay and there's autoaim
user wtf are you doing

Then don't run around shooting people.

>using a gun outside of forced fights

IT'S A FUCKING SNEAKING MISSION SNAKE

Ah I see, it is another example of niggers liking movie games.
So the game is most fun doing only stealth runs. I'll try that although I've been using mostly stealth in levels, its the bosses that are annoying with the bad aiming.

>MUH THEIF IS FRIGGING SUPERIOR!
Absolute fucking cringe

Play Twin Snakes it's way better.

I hear this butchers the game tho. Does it have first person aiming like the other games?

People blew their loads over how cinematic it felt.
As a game it's garbage outside of a few gimmicks and the story is beyond retarded.

The gameplay is updated like the modern MGS games and you can aim first person. The cutscenes are over the top Matrix style just like the other MGS games.

It replaces the grungy and dark atmosphere of the original game with a sterile and bright atmosphere of the big shell from MGS2. The redub is also alot weaker than the original

>do people just like it for the story?
yes
beat it so you can move onto mgs2

Hint: It ain't a shooter
It's basically MG2 but in 3D

It's from a bygone era when games weren't all imitations of a widespread market trend to be judged on whether they "got it right."

k I'll try twin snakes
Although twin snakes seems souless I'd still rather play it for first person aiming, I'm sure the lack of soul can't be unbearable
I really don't care about the overall story in metal gear, I'll pay attention to the cutscenes but the games' story seem to be retarded

>I'm sure the lack of soul can't be unbearable
Its the only reason to even play MGS1 since the gameplay is mostly ghosting easy levels, spaming chaff grenades in the same corridors as you backtrack and the rare boss fight

stopped playing it after the first house when all the fucking floors looked exactly the same

Dishonored did it better, fite me

Attached: Z.jpg (225x225, 11K)

>the aiming isn't precise
You can lock on

Be wary though that TS will reduce some of the impact that MGS2 has.

Not by much, but if you play a shit ton of TS before 2 like I did, it'll make it feel more "samey".

You don't *need* to aim in MGS1

Attached: 1563057256833.jpg (2464x1632, 440K)

The story is the main draw yea. And it's a amazing ride so I highly suggest you stick with it. MGS1 is fairly dated, but if you make it through it only gets better gameplay wise.

ooof yeah. OP seriously don't fuck with twin snakes.

I haven't heard of this, how?
nice nostalgia fagging
eh I'll just kek around with it on an emulator to decide if its worth playing before actually playing through it