Find. A. Single. Flaw

Find. A. Single. Flaw.

Attached: Halo-3-XBOX-360.jpg (640x915, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HIDR5ZBQBfo?t=178
halo.fandom.com/wiki/Type-31_Needle_Rifle
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No duel-wielding

You just posted it

I cannot. Its flawless. This is the 10/10 I judge all other games by. And OoT of course.

You can dual wield in Halo 3.

My favorite combo is the double Brute Mauler.

Attached: mauler.png (900x862, 1.11M)

The prophet of truth did a really strange 180 from his character in halo 2.

retard

Was gonna post this and the switch in voice actors from halo 2.

It was the third game, and the industry didn't learned a fucking thing from it.
And there is quite a lot to learn about it.

The only flaw I can find is the doomcels that taint its threads with the "babbys first fps xD" meme

its not Halo 2

Baby's first fps

White top logo looks like cheap trash. It should have been black

Oh shit wrong game, I was thinking of reach

Slow, aim assist, hallway simulator campaign

Microsoft

Its self explanatory

It's still not on PC

This, he was meant to be completely aware that the religion was bullshit and just using it to cling onto power, this is why he lets the Arbiter... become the Arbiter... but then in H3 he seems to completely believe all of it.

It's slow as fuck. Baby's first FPS.

No Dual-wielding with needlers **

Attached: 1562397252061.png (1151x1037, 1.37M)

Yeah Halo: Reach is a prequel, the Mark V suits can't handle dual wielding.

Shit b8

>BR isn't hitscan

Attached: 1558074838470.png (400x373, 190K)

Freaky!

Attached: 10o10.png (1275x669, 1.42M)

I can't

based

Attached: Halo-2-Terminal.jpg (1920x1080, 607K)

Weapons were made to be random on purpose.

ugly armor
no loadouts
no sprint
no armor abilities
no kill streaks

Attached: this post is b8 btw.jpg (1920x1080, 1.43M)

All valid criticisms. Bad AR and Pistol too
This was the dumbest shit. Reach spartans could have easily dual wielded

It was too fucking short and the battles could have been a little more intense.

Only 1-2 more years before the Halo 4 apologists will start posting here

Attached: Halo.jpg (400x600, 82K)

I always thought after I beat Halo 3 back in 07 that there was a very stark and different directional choice with Halo 3 in comparison with 2. I can never bring myself to say I didn't like it or how it ended up concluding but I wasn't a fan how the characters were handled compared to 2. Prophet of truth literally almost felt like a whole different character.

No, actually there is a visible explanation for the dual wielding.

The suit itself is a bunch of armor powered by gel-technology. It's really barbaric. The actual science behind it is alien, from the covenant. Where the suit shines is the exoskeleton. When they upgrade the armor, it's not actually the big green parts they upgrade, it's the exoskeleton beneath it. The black, fibril substance that layers the pits and thighs. That stuff has cyber technology in it, which is directly linked to the brain and nervous system.

His motivations in 3 can still be justified. After 2, the covenant suffered a massive blow, and the elites would contest his rule. Since he understood what the rings would do, he also probably knew that the ark would shield him from their activation. With the arrival of the flood, his infection, and chief at the doorstep of the citadel, it makes sense why he would be a bit delirious.

I think the campaign has pretty weak initial pacing. I remember how bored most of my friends were for the first few levels whenever we played online.

Everyone always seemed to be having a good time by Tsavo Highway.

Halo 4 was good, though.

>no button combos

Would have been better on PC with mouse controls. Can’t believe they still haven’t released the fucking game on PC. What’s the hold up?

I felt like a lot of budget from halo 1's success went into halo 2 being an amazing sequel, which is why we got QoL changes and polish, well-known actors, and Steve Vai (I know he volunteered), but Halo 3 was pretty much Halo 2's sequel instead of its own "bigger and better than the last one" thing. Maybe it had to do with the switch to the 360. Either way, all 3 OT halo games were 10/10s.

Reach makes more sense since it has native mutators to make the movement speed not snail paced

I just mean how they took it out from a gameplay standpoint. Reach is cool but it's hard to ignore a legitimately removed feature from it's predecessors

>Movement speed felt noticeably slower than Halo 2 (103-108% movement speed is perfection)
>The assault rifle is almost useless in multiplayer and by comparison, the BR is too good of a starting weapon because of how weak everything else is
>Pistol is piss poor, probably worst in the series
>At times, the campaign felt rushed (because it actually was, according to Bungie diary devs)
>Cortana level
>Character models for non-armored human characters looked really weird and inconsistent (especially Lord Hood)

projectile br, if the br stayed hitscan it would easily be the best halo

This. Don't know why it's getting shit talked.

Big Team was more fun with 16 than 12.

oh yeah that always annoys me too.

But as far as actual technology go, it would be a logistical nightmare to try and dual wield weapons you know neither the capacity or the firing rate of. Your life would constantly be in danger without some sort of firmware which told you how many bullets were left in the alien rifle.

Hi Eld

no hit scan BR

No BxR or BxB

Slower movespeed than halo 2

Its not on PC yet

desu the pistol is probably just as bad as it was in 2, I still think that the pistols best iteration was in ODST

I was disappointed the Second Battle of Earth of smaller than expected. Even if Master Chief didn’t die here I wanted a larger “final” battle before heading to the Ark.

Attached: FCC06D8A-822B-4894-8872-04F56C026A1F.jpg (768x432, 140K)

The battle rifle, assault rifle and magnum

The fans

>Console game
That was easy.

wouldn't alien weapons be more advanced and less prone to fuck ups

Nothing is wrong with the AR in Halo 3, you're all using it wrong. I would know because Bungie gave me recon for being the fucking best.
I really don't get the hate as its supposed to be used to drain shields, are people just angry it isn't as good as the BR?

And you wonder why you have no real friends.

it doesn't drain shields any better than the br.

This but it's not the best.

You still wouldn't know what the fuck is inside it. You'd fire and say, "hm... must be out of bullets by now."

You'd probably want to trust your life to something a little more sturdy than your short term memory, especially when fighting an enemy that has specialized in killing your species.

It is for all intents and purposes, an smg not an ar with how inaccurate and low damage it is

No I don't.

dual weilding was fucking retarded and should have never been introduced in the first place. It makes weapon balance completely fucked. Leave that shit for janky games like goldeneye.

Attached: 1561767455776.png (400x434, 352K)

The sniper is going to reign death on pc, they'll probably have to make it spawn with one less magazine

It's not undertake.

Attached: 1515571300495.png (1549x1593, 1.24M)

based normalfag invader

So then you know you're an obnoxious, unlikable piece of shit

Goddamn it my shitpost is ruined by a simple spelling error.

We know you dont have friends

>At times, the campaign felt rushed (because it actually was, according to Bungie diary devs)
And you think 2's campaign wasn't? Halo 2 was basically made in less than a year, and has far more cut content than Halo 3.

And yet has a campaign far better than 3. Although 2 had a lot of content, the truth is that 3's story didnt even exist until they had to cut 2's climax, leaving 3 to stretch out earth for 5 levels.

Nope

None of my friends play anymore
I miss Cops & Robbers, Ghost Busters, Jenga and Fat Kid so much

Attached: 1466622562630.png (350x302, 18K)

Snowbound

kek

Thank god everyone had the sense to veto it

Multiplayer is best in series, but the launch of it was terrible, MS jewed out on server prep

Entire Cortana mission should have been deleted for something, anything, but that mission

No needler dual wield

All of the writing involving Johnson

Attached: A31BFA0F-5A34-4E6E-A971-F85DBB306FDF.jpg (1272x2916, 279K)

>Multiplayer is best in series
*blocks your path*

Attached: Halo5_KeyArt_Horiz_Final.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 136K)

Compared to CE it didnt, it actually had unique level design from start to finish even if it lacked the 1 big level and 1 MP map port that people like to remember from CE. I think everyone forgets that 1/3 of CE was 1 of 3 copy pasted forerunner structures copy-pasted together that made up most of its campagin

starting the game by waking up in the forest and rehash the ending stage of 1

Inconsistent BR.

zoom zoom

>no hit scan BR
That was a good thing you dork

I think the only issue is that 2/3 of the projectiles are literally programmed to be completely random

No FOV slider, it's too tight and I get motion sickness.

johnson dying

He lived through not one, not two, not three, but SEVEN TOURS.

>implying
Him dying prevented him from being used in 4 and 5, seems pretty good to me.

This

A strange bug made me stuck on level 1 in multiplayer if i reseted my console or left the game , i lost everything.

It's not CE which is the only good Halo

Halo 2's pistol was actually good though cause you could dual wield it with a plasma pistol/rifle and you could spam it unlike in Halo 3. Obviously not as good as CE but still. Also ODST's pistol sucked dick cause of the crazy recoil and how it does absolutely no damage whatsoever making it only good for headshots, but it's still better than 3's I guess cause of the scope and the faster fire rate.

Unironically based and spartanpilled. I shudder to think what would 343 had done to him. Probably made him into one of their cheap, mass produced, bargain sale 'spartans'. Like Buck.
>a good thing

You're fucking retarded Halo 3 literally wouldn't have existed if Bungie were able to keep the few levels they cut from 2.

Nice joke, Halo 2's campaign was a mess and a lie just like Halo 5, I never understood why you Halo 2 turds loved that campaign so much, gameplay and levels matter, story is at the bottom of that list and Halo 2 put story over the gameplay and level design which is why all of Arbiter's levels sucked and why Master Chief's levels could never reach the heights of Halo CE or 3's levels.

woah so hot i scrolled all the way down her body just to find giant ogre feet thanks!

While I love 3, I never found it to have the same replayability of 2. Some of the level felt like a slog or weren't visually interesting, like a lot of the pre-ark stuff. But then it went the other way with too long ass levels that felt like they were the whole game. Other than that, Truth's character like others have mentioned. But I'm speaking purely on campaign

Yes it would have, it just wouldnt have had its first 3 or 4 missions while having some other filler missions in the middle. What I'm saying nope to is 2 being better than 3

This, 2 was one of the most disappointing campaigns in the series, the only ones that like it are lorefags, furries, and people that started Halo with Halo 2.

snowbound
veto that shit

>Watered down Halo 2
embarrassing

>Halo 3

30 fps

>Modern warfare 1

60 fps

Attached: fox dorf.gif (577x444, 38K)

Literally NONE of the additions (spike grenades, mongooses, man cannons, unlimited energy sword etc) actually enhanced the experience at all over Halo 2 and some actually made it worse.

Its the peak of tactical slow paced “classic” console shooters. A perfect product of its time. Wouldn’t be the same experience on PC. Esp in 2019. I hope they never do.

5 hour campaign.
the level designs of Crow’s Nest, Floodgate, and Cortana.
Johnson’s death and the subsequent subsequent “fight” with Spark.
Truth and Miranda’s character derailments.
Truth dying in a cutscene and the Gravemind never actually being fought at all.
The start of Chief and Cortana’s relationship going from professional teammates to this weird love story.
Laughable enemy sandbox.
Snowbound.
Isolation.
Construct.
Equipment.

It's not 2

Worse BR.
Equipment.
But this is pretty much solved in MLG so it's kind of w/e

>halo games coming to steam
>check the estimated prices
>$10 per game

Attached: kira.jpg (570x558, 87K)

It's not on PC yet

HURRY UP ALREADY

Shorter campaign, slower and floatier multiplayer than Halo 2, melee system is fucked
Still a 10/10 though.

The FOV was fucking shit.

>Shorter campaign
It was longer, 9 levels compared to Halo 2's 7, Halo 2 was a joke with broken difficulty settings.

What’s the deal with furries and halo 2?

They like Elites for some reason when the only thing they're good for is killing.

There's plenty

>Way worse writing then Halo 2 all around. Huge drop in narrative and thematic complexity, truth is butchered as notes, etc.

>Map design is a step down from CE and 2, there's not as much verticality.

>The BR spread is honestly even fucking worse then Reach's bloom.

>The core movement, aiming, and shooting feels pretty bad compared to 2 and even CE in some ways. Movement feels fucking glacial and not nearly as responwsive, guns similarly feel unqiedly, lack the same punch, and are way more inaccurate and unreliable

>The weapon balance is shit, contuining the trends 2 and to a lesser extent CE started, as I note in , and ; though certainly not as shit/broken as in 2

>Forge is pretty fucking clunky. I realize it's the first time they did it so it's partially exclusable, but eh.

these.

This is a good thing, the H3 BR, while not as broken as 2's, is still easily overdomiant, we didn't need it to be even moreso.

The BR can take shields out even more effectively since it can hit shit past 5 feet and actually has a skillcap that's not below a toddler's knees.

>worse BR
This is a good thing, and it's still too good; though the spread is fucking horseshit.

MC's levels in 2 BTFO every single mission in CE aside from arguably silent cartographer, and every mission in 3 other then The Covenant, The Ark, and arguably Tsavo highway. And 2's arbiter missions are still better then like 60% of CE's campaign since CE's entire campaign suffers from every single fucking design flaw that makes the arbiter missions bad.

If you think Pillar of Autumn, Halo, 343 guilty spark on repeat playtrhoughs, The Library, Two Betrayals, and Keyes are better then The Arbiter, Sacred Icon, arguably Quarantine Zone, Uprising, or Great Journey, then you are delusional.

Overdominance is a meme. The BR is skill intensive and satisfying to use, and starting with it means everyone is on equal footing in a fight. Whether or not you ever pick up a plasma rifle is a completely arbitrary way to judge the weapon sandbox. You could remove every weapon in 3 aside from the BR, the shotgun, the sniper rifle, and the rocket launcher and it would still be a fantastic multiplayer game. The BR was dominate, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad thing.

Still not on PC.

You are a retard but duel wielding was shitty in Halo 3 and should have been a lot better. When I played the beta duel wielding was actually pretty viable with certain combinations and I wish it had carried over to release.

>Name one flaw
Every single time Cortana would interrupt by messing up your vision with flashes of her face and bring the pacing to a crawl. Luckily it was spaced out, but fuck me that shit was annoying.

No sliding. No expanding inventory to allow three guns to get carried (besides dual wielding with another weapon in inventory).

Other than that, it is just making references to later games. I will say more missions would have been great.

not even close to as good as 2 was. this game was bigger because gaming was bigger in 2007, but anyone who remembers the launch of 2 knows that among gamers it was such a bigger deal. 3 was 2 with a facelift that somehow made it worse and none of the novelty of 2.

I did have fun with the beta when it came out

well let's see here

>worse maps than Halo 2
>shitty projectile BR that doesn't work online
>equipment
>weak vehicles
>bad ranking system
>push to talk
>dual wielding worthless
>mauler
>melee trading
>AR spam
>Cortana starts her transition into helpless girl that needs rescued
>base speed was slow and strafing was less useful

H3 was the FE Awakening of the Halo series except without the "saving" the series part.

I was having a good day today, until you made me remember about that.

Attached: 1537498900392.jpg (890x1022, 160K)

I mean, I can't, It's pretty much everything it ever intended to be, and I had a really got time playing it, wasn't even looking for flaws, it was just pure good fun.

Attached: __halo_game_drawn_by_ladic__9afd7e272e07827eece0dc5493d7ec78.jpg (2027x1456, 1.98M)

None it was near perfect. This game is a masterpiece that deserves to be remastered into perfection and have a steady stream of free multiplayer maps released for it to this day as well as a refined and perfected forge mode. Hell I wouldn't mind if they gave it to the community to modify the hell out of it.

This game is too good for the modern generation of shitty gamers.

Yeah, no, fuck that.

The entire point of the two weapon limit is to encourage players to have to switch up their weapons and to encourage variety. The balance model the seires uses is completely counter to that, and it sucks.

I play fighting games, I enjoy playing them competitively. I understand the desire and need for a skill based balanced meta, and sometimes that requires a loss in variety. Smash isn't really a traditional fighyter, but disabling items in smash is a good example. Here's the thing, though: The non-BR weapons in Halo aren't analgous to items in smash. They are analgous to CHARACTERS. Your gun in Halo is the medium by which you change up your combat attrributes.

Could a fighting game that's so autistically devoted to skill mastery and balanced play exist to the point where it only has 2-3 characters and that's it, and all of them are designed to be as skill based as possible? Of course. But that would also be sterile and tedious after a while, and while such a game would have it's fans, most people in the FGC would get bored of it and would rather play a game with more characters then that for the sake of variety and having more options and possible matchuips.

Halo, as it handles weapon balance generally, is that fighting game with only 2-3 characters.

Balancing a bunch of weapons is impossible. Like how literally every fighting game ever has characters that are good and ones that are shit

Sure, perfect balance is impossible, but you can do a lot better then what Halo has done. As proof, look at CE or pre TU Halo 5: . Landing consistent headshots with the magnum in CE is something average to even above average players will struggle with and the other guns in the sandbox have enough of a unique, defined role they are useful in that the sandbox is reasonabl;y balanced and, except for highly competitive high skill players, the Mangum is not always the best weapon for the job aside from niche situations. However, even in CE, even for average to above average players, even if you can't land those 3 shot kills, the Magnum is still OFTEN the best gun for a given situation, to the point where it STILL centralizes the weapon sandbox arounds it to an arguably unreasonable degree.

the Halo 5 magnum pre TU is similar: It's not trivial to land consistent headshots with, and more importantly, the rest of the sandbox is generally more effective then it unless you can land those consistent headshots. The AR is better up close and while not great it, can engage at a distance, the BR and other precision weapons are generally superior at mid range to long range, the SMG and storm rifle are super effective up close to the point where its worth giving up their range, and even then their range isn't as short, too, etc.,

Basically, the main thing you havbe to do is just make the game's token precision weapon NOT be particularly good (and also actually make autos not have a stupidly low skill ceiling): The entire point of a token precision gun is a jack of all trades, master of none, yet in every halo games it ends up being a master of all gun. As long as the gun just has a high enough skillcap so skilled players CAN use it to beat out other guns if the skillgap between them is high enough, but said gun not ever being the ideal choice, then it'd work.

Oh no, it's the mentally ill Halo 2 tranny.

Halo 3's campaign shits on 2, furry.

Oh no, it's that fucking faggot that always insists 2's campaign is shit and shitposts at anybody who disagrees even when they raise actual arguemnents and you never do.

Also, for fun, since H2A is my favorite MP suite, here's how i'd fix H2A's balance.

- Make the SMG do more damage when single wielded, and a bit more when dual wielded. Make it build spread up half as fast

- Make the Plasma rifle do a bit more damage, though not as much more as the SMG. Increase projectile speed, bring back the movement slowing/stun effect the gun had in CE.

- Magnum: Make it take 6, not 11 headshots to kill, decrease it's fire rate by 33%. This gives it a notably faster time to kill but increases the importance of accuracy. Also give it a scope.

- Needler: Double projectile speed, increase tracking capabilites.

- AR: Make spread build up much, much less [per shot for the first 4-5 shots, so with 5 shots the cone of fire/reticule is still only like 25% expanded, but then each shot after that rapidly builds spread up, so it hits 100% by the 8th shot. This makes short bursts much more accurate. Reduce the fire rate by 20% give the gun a 2x even on shields to compensate. This, combined, effectively makes it so that players who spray have an inaccurate gun and will do less damage with it then currently, but players who DO use short accurate bursts are rewarded and can kill even faster if they can land consistent headshots with those bursts.

- Plasma Pistol: Just make it act like the CE plasma pistol.

- Use AR/Pistol starts.

----------------------------------------------

I think this would more or less make the weapon sandbox approrpiately balanced, albiet perhaps the exact numbers I give are off. However, I think buffing all the other guns rather then nerfing the BR may make the killtimes too fast, but eh.

Oh also, heavily reduce bullet magnetism on all automatics to compensate for their increased precision and damage.

Shut the fuck up and stop writing essays, you want to write a book, write it in your diary about dicks, tranny.

DLC fragmented and killed the community

Every weapon in CE has a role besides the Needler and there is nothing wrong with how good the pistol is. None of the other weapons besides the sniper have any sort of skill ceiling to using them. The AR is the best to double melee with even the plasma rifle is useful because it slows down enemies if you're not playing the cucked MCC version.

Oh no how dare somebody on a disscusion board actually disscuss and talk about things and explain their opinions.

Stop being intellectually dishonest. The AR's double melee utility or it's fastest camo return speed; or the Plasma Rifle's stun doesn't at all make them worth using even close to as often as the magnum is the best gun to use, at least once you can 3sk a decent amount of the time.

I agree the CE sandbox is among the closes the series has done to doing weapon balance right, but it's still noq quite there.

What do you think about my H2A balance ideas in

Cortana can't sit on you.

Based retard of the sixth heaven.

shit, actually for the needler, instead of what I said:

- 10% to 15% increased fire rate when single wielded
- 33% increased projectile speed
- Increased tracking.

>45deg fov

Someone had to ruin your day. They paid me well to do it.

The other weapons don't need to be as useful as the pistol. If they were it would be like BF4 were there are a shit ton of guns that all pretty much do the same thing.

As for H2A balance I'd be fine with the needler just being like the H3 one. In H4 and especially H5 it became too good for how common it is.

I wasnt stuck in 2007 ever.

Nigger, Halo 5 apologists already post here

>The other weapons don't need to be as useful as the pistol

So you litterally want a game with bad weapon balance where 1 gun is clearly heads and shoulders more useful then the rest.

>If they were it would be like BF4 were there are a shit ton of guns that all pretty much do the same thing.

Except they do the same thing because they have similar properties, not because they are all useful. How useful a gun is and how unique it is are two entirely different metrics.

Even if you buffed the other guns, The magnum would still be the game's only non sniper precision weapon, the AR would still be bullet hose close range spray weapon, the Plasma rifle would still have it's stun and be more useful against shields, the plasma pistol would ikewise still have it's EMP, the needler would still be the needler, etc.

Every gun being good and every gun being unique are not mutially exclusives goals.

Nobody is a full Halo 5 apologist, there are just some people who like the MP, and for good reason, since it removes 4's codshit, has fast gameplay, heavily vertical map design with tons of skilljumps, etc.

Always was an attack on Christianity.
Jews trying to make extermination seem holy to kids.

Bad design until 343 hired someone from id, which was totally pro kindness because I said so.

Killing off Cortana must have given that dyke an orgasm or something I don't want to know how dirty lesbians work.

Just don't hire anyone with a degree, they have no imagination or talent.

Gameplay was never good with Halo either. In fact there was nothing good about Halo at all.

>Bet you didn't know a girl ruined your thing
What a twist. Bet she painted her brothers tree house with flowers the dumb bitch.

Letting a woman dictate how your game of army vs space Indians plays out is like letting the cat I bet she has change a pet birds diaper.

Fuck it all, at least there are real guns and real wars in tfe world where men can be men after they lose their innocence forever watching their friends guts fall out like a lazy jack in the box, and their head pop like a christmass cracker.

Halo 6 could be OK eg Master Cheif kills off token black main char while trying to rebuild Cortana. Using his own memory + corrupted exe with giant servers, giving Cortana control of USSC (?), just trust me kind of thing, making Cortana like his own personal Shodan as she ODs on the power trip, sending Chief into helholes and the rest of the fleet with him because she can't lose him. Happy ending being she shrinks herself portable again because he works better alone and she needs to be with him, that and a whole fleet isn't as expendable as one green grunt and his blue tickle me elmo realdoll.

Series can eventually work towards mech body for her...
Tragedy being her being too slow puts him at risk.
Waking up each game is all the tenderness of flesh on 'flesh' they get. A bit different every time. Somehow always revealing more.

I have no issue with the pistol dominating CE. I've put hundreds of hours into and not gotten bored of the depth it has. Same with the H2 BR

it's a console fps, it's shit from the beginning

Can we stop memeing that Snowbound was bad? They fixed the map when they removed the shield doors and it became at least a good map after that.

>5 hour campaign.
granted
>the level designs of Crow’s Nest, Floodgate, and Cortana.
subjective but they're not stellar, true
>Johnson’s death and the subsequent subsequent “fight” with Spark.
nothing wrong with that
>Truth and Miranda’s character derailments.
didn't bother me
>Truth dying in a cutscene and the Gravemind never actually being fought at all.
didn't need another prophet fight like in H2, and agreed.
>The start of Chief and Cortana’s relationship going from professional teammates to this weird love story.
agreed and it kept going wose for some reason
>Laughable enemy sandbox.
brutes will never replace elites, but they tried.
>Snowbound.
i like
>Isolation.
i like
>Construct.
i liked
>Equipment.
is not that disruptive and changes gameplay a bit

you're a fag.

smg+plasma rifle is good though.

Yes, well, I do have an issue with it, and so do plenty of other people. I'd argue, if anything, that it's outright an objective flaw.

If you don't mind it, fine, but why fight against my suggestions to make other guns better, as long as each gun still feels relatively unique?

This, I hate Halo 2 fans for a reason.

I always wanted an assault rifle type of needler. A smaller duel wieldable smg style needler would have been great too but I seriously would have loved to have seen a beefy needler gun like that so it is too bad they never thought to do it..

Cortana and the Gravemind, and the cartoonish looking flood, and the fucking needle chickens.

Halo 3 had great multiplayer, but as far as aesthetics, plot and campaign goes Halo 2 blows it out of the water without difficulty.

Good

BR is way too strong. Only real issue you have with H3 BR is the spread and H3's netcode which should have been much better.

Too bad Halo 2 fails at where it counts, the levels, gameplay, and making anyone give a shit about the character it's trying to push.

youtu.be/HIDR5ZBQBfo?t=178

Attached: 1521146684982.png (205x246, 5K)

In the grand scheme of things I was pretty young when I played Halo 4 and I still thought something felt really off about the game having played the OT first.

Prometheans were absurdly tanky and confusing to fight and the story direction honestly felt like the most boring direction to take a post halo 3 halo game possible. Chief has cemented his status as this legendary hero after Halo 3, you're really going to just have him pop out of stasis less than ten years later and start shooting covenant again? Really?

Well 343 tried to "fix" weapon balance and look how that turned out. Halo 4 balance was horrible until after people stopped playing and they finally got around to releasing a TU. In Halo 5 People can just run around and melt you with a plasma rifle and then switch to an AR. Precision weapons should always be #1 in a Halo game.

>defending equipment and Snowbound

Anyone who does this is 100% a complete shitter at Halo. If you think items that are literally press X to win like a regen or a map where everyone just hides underground with a shotgun once they get a lead are good things you are an idiot.

No one wanted to play anyone else. If you were an actual Halo fan that played Halo CE-3 and got the Legendary ending for Halo 3 you were askig what will happen next to the Chief. No one was tired of playing him the only ones who were was the lore fans, fans that like aliens, and people that never liked Halo. People really wanted a Halo 4 and there is no Yea Forums revisionist history that's going to change that.

Yeah, it is better. The story actually was finished.

I'm defending the campaign.

>Console FPS
>Normalized and created a trend of console fps games
>Whole game is based around being on a console so when it comes out on PC it'll be extremely slow and boring to aim in.
>Burst rifles instead of tracking
>Tapping instead of tracking
>Stupid gamemodes
>Balance that makes no sense
The only good thing is how much it advanced esports homie

what did u think of this one
halo.fandom.com/wiki/Type-31_Needle_Rifle

To be fair, I'd say one of the few things I actually didn't like about playing halo was how it had this massive weapon sandbox, but I always felt like 90% of the weapons available were utterly superfluous.

Like trying to actually use the wicked sick suppressed SMG in ODST. Yeah, this gun is alright and I COULD use it... Or I could just pick up a plasma pistol and a precision weapon which'll do the job far more efficiently.

I'm not even saying that we couldn't play as master chief albeit having him drifting towards a mysterious planet that a lot of people hypothesized was from marathon was a perfectly fine ambiguous ending and it didn't desperately need a followup

but having him just get back up and start fighting some shitty covenant remants alongside some of the least enjoyable to fight enemies in the franchise including halo 2 brutes as a big UNSC ship pulls up and things go back to normal is just lame as hell.

I feel like they should've pulled a Doom 2016 story-wise and had Chief under for far longer if they really had to followup on it.

Playlists being limited by DLC restrictions instead of matchmaking just not putting you into games on those maps. It was just a shitty pressure ploy to fuck people who didn't want to pay for extra maps.

Attached: 1402895225039.jpg (230x180, 6K)

Half the levels are dogshit.
Short campaign
Embarrassing dialogue.

This could not be more true, but of Gravemind.

Attached: gmind.jpg (303x166, 15K)

the br is the only mid tier weapon worth a damn

Not so much so that you'll pick it over just using the BR or even AR. During the beta I definitely remember dual spikers being pretty damn good. After release you'd never want to pick those weapons up.

No I don't like the Reach one since it is basically a shittier Carbine imo. What I imagine is it basically looks and functions virtually the same as the regular needler only it is a bigger gun that is held with two hands, has a larger ammunition size obviously and is automatic. If they need to differentiate it I guess they could make the bigger version of the needler maybe have less tracking capability than the smaller one but the trade off is the larger ammo count.

what's the difference bewteen
>hide in the underground with the shotgun
and
>hide in corridors/tight areas with rocket power weapons to get insta kills

it's literally the same strat. and it works in literally in every map in H3, H2 or H1.

>dual spikers
to be fair, if you manage to hit with them, they hit like a dual truck and kill much faster than a BR or AR or SMG+PR.
it's just that their range is so low because of the projectile speed, they're unusable.

I can thing of 5 things the are wrong in that politically correct peace of shit game;

>Too many vagina niggers
>Too many nigger niggers.
>Too many space niggers.
>Can't see the main characters masterful white skin.
>Can't see the main characters amazing mustache and parted hair.

Weapon sounds are boring

No anniversary edition.

Weapons spawn too quickly to reliably camp in CE.

That I can't go back to being 16 and playing Halo 3 all night over Xbox live with my friends calling each other faggots. That's the only time in my life I remember with any fondness as now I just work 5 days a week and wish I wanted to play video games anymore.

The BR was too good for a starting weapon. If you spawned with one there was basically no reason to pick up anything other than outright power weapons 90% of the time.

If you didn't spawn with a BR, there was basically no reason to do anything but find one off spawn.

based schizo poster

At least you'd get the opportunity to have fights that weren't just clicking on the other guy's head three times before he clicks on you three times. One of the things I really liked about Halo was the huge variety in the weapon sandbox but the BR just fucking breaks it over its knee and everyone jerks off over it for some reason.

Halo.

Attached: 1487769053355.jpg (602x792, 188K)

Jackals not being allies, those fuckers were my favorite race ever since halo ce.

Get some help.

Attached: 1555081612450.png (500x755, 524K)

Cringe.
Based.

>At least you'd get the opportunity to have fights that weren't just clicking on the other guy's head three times before he clicks on you three times.
Instead, holding the trigger and looking center-mass?
>huge variety in the weapon sandbox
Not in any of the BR games. You just have a bunch of different SMGs with some tweaked damage numbers against shields.

It's not Halo 2

Felt a little rushed.

Move too slow
Only a couple weapons at once
Crosshair annoyingly placed below center of screen
No KBM
30 fps cap
Cortana hallucination seizures
Hammer brutes

Attached: 1554097668379.png (900x900, 499K)

Cortana's man jaw